AI Thesis Statement Generator
A better way to get ideas for your thesis statement, find inspiration in these thesis statement examples, frequently asked questions, what is a thesis statement, how long should a thesis statement be, how should i start a thesis statement, where does a thesis statement go, academic writing resources.
More AI Writing Assistance From Grammarly
Improve Your Writing With AI
Free Thesis Statement Generator - Create Your Thesis Online
1. State your topic*
Your topic is the main idea of your paper. It is usually a phrase or a few words that summarize the subject of your paper.
2. State the main idea about this topic*
Explicitly state what the main point of your thesis will be early in your paper.
3. Add evidence that supports your main idea*
What evidence could you use to drive home your thesis’ point? What facts or reasons support your argument?
4. Give another evidence that supports your main point
5. Include a counterargument if possible
Every topic has alternative schools of thought. Think of someone who would disagree with your arguments and/or evidence. What would they say? The more you understand the counterargument, the better you can defend your thesis and its arguments with evidence.
Read the options and choose the one you like:
How to use thesis generator by papersowl.
- Enter all the information we need in brief, do not use full sentences.
- Everything you need is to insert your text and its title into the box.
- Do not use capital letters, periods, or full stops in your answer.
- Hit the “Generate Thesis” button and get samples of your thesis statement.
- Choose the one that suits you from the five presented.
What should you have before using Thesis Generator?
- The topic of your paper. Get creative topic with our topic generator .
- Main conclusion. Use conclusion generator to compose a summary for any type of paper!
- Arguments for your conclusion
- Argument against
(Votes: 0 )
PapersOwl is a well-known provider of all types of academic papers.
- Research paper
and many more
- Stuck with a lot of homework assignments?
- Worried about making your work 100% plagiarism free?
- Looking for a writing help with affordable price?
Thesis Statement Generator Review
Other platforms charge for the use of their thesis statement generator that are not always reliable or unique; you get the opposite with Papersowl’s simplistic and reliable thesis statement generator.
How Does Thesis Statement Generator Work?
- The task is to formulate the key concept of your paper; in other words, this is your topic. A statement or a few phrases summarize your paper's main theme. Fill in the requested topic of your paper. First, you should enter all the relevant information. Use clear and concise phrases. You do not need to use complete sentences.
- Explain your major point regarding this subject by inserting the title and the text into the box. Write what you need to say or prove about your subject. When expressing your viewpoint, explain one main thought, define the subject, and declare something particular about it. Avoid using capital characters, periods, or full stops.
- Fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory. Once you have filled them in, hit the generate thesis button. You will see the results below in a separate window. Key phrases will be highlighted in different colors. You can rephrase the thesis or click the button to get a new one. In addition to generating a thesis, you can request the design of examples. Several possible theses will be displayed in the same window.
- The last step is optional. The program offers you sample essays. Click on the corresponding button to get acquainted with examples of related works. The search will return essays or excerpts as close as possible to your topic. You can read them for free or, if necessary, order the full version.
- Reliable Editors
- Any Field of Study
- Fair Prices
Free Thesis Statement Generator is rated 4.9 /5 based on 688 user reviews.
Want your voice to count in? Send us your review with all the details.
Our Thesis Experts Team
Completed orders: 570
The Tempest Summary and Analysis
- Paper Type: Essay (Any Type)
- Subject: Literature
Completed orders: 751
Homelessness in America
- Subject: Sociology
Completed orders: 522
Poverty and Drug Abuse Addiction
- Subject: Medicine and Health
Completed orders: 633
Illegal Immigration and its Effects on Society
Completed orders: 527
Cyber Security Threats in Healthcare
- Subject: Technology
Completed orders: 687
The American imperialism
- Subject: Political Science
Completed orders: 999
Gun Violence in America
Completed orders: 557
Mccarthyism vs Salem Witch Trials
- Subject: History
Completed orders: 122
Animal Testing Should Be Banned
Completed orders: 519
Reconstruction After the Civil War
Advantages Of Thesis Statement Generator By PapersOwl
A thesis statement may appear the most complicated task in the process of writing an academic assignment. We’ve covered you here by developing a game-changing tool. Generating perfect thesis statements, it fills the gaps for you and provides some other tasty benefits:
Our service formulates a powerful thesis statement that informs readers about the scope, objectives, and subject of the paper. The thesis statements derived from our tool are catchy, unique, and relevant, so you don't have to worry about their intelligibility.
We understand your pains arising in the process of creating an efficient research paper and we don't want to further increase them. That's why we made our tool free for you to use.
Students may spend hours trying to come up with a relevant thesis statement they can defend in the course of the research. We offer a simple and time-saving algorithm for a great outcome.
We developed our tool with experts so that you could receive the best service. The brand-new software analyzes your inputs and produces a 100% unique statement that guides the reader and backs up your research.
Thesis Statement Generator Online
The most difficult and main part of each writing work is to form a thesis statement. The assignments of different topics are not so easy to create it perfectly at the beginning of writing. But to solve this problem and to help people all around the world who have been puzzled for hours over this issue, an online thesis statement generator was developed and that’s why you can try now to make your ideal one with filling the gaps. Sounds too complicated?
Don’t be scared of wasting lots of time or payments because it will take you less than 2 minutes to get your wish from the free thesis generator. There is nothing sophisticated, just start your research by stating your topic and then write down the main idea of the text, your position. After that you have to fill in a few more gaps, press submit and Bob’s your uncle.
By the way, our website involved lots of professionals to create such a wise thesis maker. And you may not be informed that this service is mostly chargeable on different websites. But we offer you is entirely free of payment. And if you are interested in such an experiment for your writing skills you can try a thesis for a research paper .
If You Pay For Research Paper You Get Many Advantages
Main types of thesis statement.
There are some kinds of essay papers that have ideas and purposes. Therefore, it is logical that for each particular type of essay you should use your own corresponding thesis creator. Each of them has specific skills to find an appropriate one analyzing all information you brought in and producing a well-directed idea in accordance with the essay type. Also, each of them has its own system of calculation.
- Informative speech statement generator
The main idea is to form no argument or expressing but a general goal of your essay. Here it is very important since this expository thesis statement provides the reader with a clear and accessible view of your paper and keeps reading curious.
- Compare and contrast the thesis statement generator.
This calculator works with comparison two or more things depending on your writing task. Instead of wasting lots of time to find an appropriate one to contrast it is very wise to work out the best statement. And having already all the points to work with it would be much easier to finish your work.
- Argumentative thesis statement generator
The problem of this writing helper is to get your opinion and to find out perfect arguments towards it. This one is based on examining your counter position, suggesting different reasons for the subject. Also, get your short summarize on exploring the issue.
- Cause and effect thesis statement generator
Using this one you will get a variety of reasons that refer to the text main idea, which is always hard to produce much. Moreover, you will receive effects that are related to just-ready causes. After that, it is no problem to get over with the rest of the analytical writing information to have your essay one of the best.
- Expository thesis statement generator
Helping students with explaining the sense of an issue to the audience is how it works. What does it imply? Working out evidence evaluating and investigating the problem of the text you will get the very one you needed. The hardest difficulties of such kind of essay leave for its solving.
Choose the appropriate thesis statement maker to enjoy its results on research paper writing service.
The Structure Of Thesis Statement
Its structure is a strong argument you should prove through the whole text. To build it you need to a generalization in one or two sentences. It should include a comment on your position, central message, be something clear and useful for readers. Shape it to show the reader that all information and main you mean there is in your narrative work, nothing extra. Every sentence should be informative or has a reason to think about it.
Samples Of Thesis Statement Created By Our Users
People who visited our website tried to create their own samples and here is what they got:
- After graduating high school, students need a gap year because this leads to socialization and students become aware of what do they want from life.
Considering high schools and people it is a fact as that is the true and the second part of the sentence is a reason because that could be the answer to the previous part of the sentence.
Sample Of Thesis Statement On Gender Roles.
Using a thesis statement creator makes it possible to receive such a sentence:
- There are some expectations that we grow familiar as the times passes and they are regarded to be the gender roles. Basically, the gender role is what is convenient for a man or woman to do in society.
- You get it when explaining that, for example, what I believe on this matter is that it affects children and teenagers negatively because it puts pressure on them and creates a superiority relation between the genders in our society.
Sample Of Statement On Advertising
How to make one? To express your opinion even on advertising it is available with thesis statement generator free. Just look at the problem from different sides. Here we have:
- Advertising can be incredibly effective and powerful in promoting causes and beneficial products, while at the same time be negative for forcing ideas upon its audience. Advertising, despite its causes, is beneficial and necessary towards creating a stable and free-flowing society and economy.
Thus here we have a strong one and already positive and negative sides. They are significant in developing good text and picking up all the audience. By the way, if it is difficult to continue with the writing and thesis generator for the research paper didn’t give you a strong new one, because you can always choose buy a research paper at our website.
Sample Of Statement On Fake News
To form such kind of them also needs some efforts but if you are already little experience in this area it wouldn’t be quite difficult. Everything is about practice.
- We present new evidence on the role of false stories circulated on social media prior to the 2016 U.S. presidential election. Drawing on audience data, archives of fact-checking websites, and results from a new online survey, we find: social media was an important but not dominant source of news in the run-up to the election.
This is a phrase we should work with. Having studied that we can claim that:
Exploring many reliable sources it turned out that presidential elections weren’t clear and even social media were accused of it.
Now you are acquainted much closer with statement generators of different kinds. We believe your life will become easier with its help and good grades expect for you soon. Thus, don’t give up on your writing, use smart technologies and make progress. You can much more than you are expected to do.
Free Tools for Writing
Why wait place an order right now.
Just fill out the form, press the button, and have no worries!
Research Question Generator: Best Tool for Students
Stuck formulating a research question? Try the tool we’ve made! With our research question generator, you’ll get a list of ideas for an academic assignment of any level. All you need to do is add the keywords you’re interested in, push the button, and enjoy the result!
Now, here comes your inspiration 😃
Please try again with some different keywords.
Why Use Research Question Generator?
The choice of research topic is a vital step in the process of any academic task completion. Whether you’re working on a small essay or a large dissertation, your topic will make it fail or fly. The best way to cope with the naming task and proceed to the writing part is to use our free online tool for title generation. Its benefits are indisputable.
- The tool generates research questions, not just topics
- It makes questions focused on your field of interest
- It’s free and quick in use
Research Question Generator: How to Use
Using our research question generator tool, you won’t need to crack your brains over this part of the writing assignment anymore. All you need to do is:
- Insert your study topic of interest in the relevant tab
- Choose a subject and click “Generate topics”
- Grab one of the offered options on the list
The results will be preliminary; you should use them as an initial reference point and refine them further for a workable, correctly formulated research question.
Research Questions: Types & Examples
Depending on your type of study (quantitative vs. qualitative), you might need to formulate different research question types. For instance, a typical quantitative research project would need a quantitative research question, which can be created with the following formula:
Variable(s) + object that possesses that variable + socio-demographic characteristics
You can choose among three quantitative research question types: descriptive, comparative, and relationship-based. Let's consider each type in more detail to clarify the practical side of question formulation.
As its name suggests, a descriptive research question inquires about the number, frequency, or intensity of something and aims to describe a quantitative issue. Some examples include:
- How often do people download personal finance apps in 2022?
- How regularly do Americans go on holidays abroad?
- How many subscriptions for paid learning resources do UK students make a year?
Comparative research questions presuppose comparing and contrasting things within a research study. You should pick two or more objects, select a criterion for comparison, and discuss it in detail. Here are good examples:
- What is the difference in calorie intake between Japanese and American preschoolers?
- Does male and female social media use duration per day differ in the USA?
- What are the attitudes of Baby Boomers versus Millennials to freelance work?
Relationship-based research is a bit more complex, so you'll need extra work to formulate a good research question. Here, you should single out:
- The independent variable
- The dependent variable
- The socio-demographics of your population of interest
Let’s illustrate how it works:
- How does the socio-economic status affect schoolchildren’s dropout rates in the UK?
- What is the relationship between screen time and obesity among American preschoolers?
Research Question Maker FAQ
In a nutshell, a research question is the one you set to answer by performing a specific academic study. Thus, for instance, if your research question is, “How did global warming affect bird migration in California?," you will study bird migration patterns concerning global warming dynamics.
You should think about the population affected by your topic, the specific aspect of your concern, and the timing/historical period you want to study. It’s also necessary to specify the location – a specific country, company, industry sector, the whole world, etc.
A great, effective research question should answer the "who, what, when, where" questions. In other words, you should define the subject of interest, the issue of your concern related to that subject, the timeframe, and the location of your study.
If you don’t know how to write a compelling research question, use our automated tool to complete the task in seconds. You only need to insert your subject of interest, and smart algorithms will do the rest, presenting a set of workable, interesting question suggestions.
Best online thesis statement creator for students
Generate your thesis statement in 3 easy steps with our thesis creator:
Provide the necessary information. Use phrases, not full sentences
Avoid capital letters periods and full stops
Press “Generate thesis”
Why choose thesis statement generator by Studyfy?
It’s free and requires no registration.
Many tools that pretend to be free ask for registration and payments when you try to use them. We are different. Our free thesis statement generator is indeed 100% free and requires no sign up.
Fast & easy to use
All you need to do to get your unique thesis statement is fill in a few gaps and press one button. You won’t waste a minute – our tool works at top speed!
We use high-end software in our thesis-generating tool, so you may be sure that it will always provide you with the most comprehensive and strong thesis statements.
We can make your essay flawless.
If you need proofreading service or help with editing your essay, Studyfy is your one-stop-shop! We offer a history essay help , and you can also hire an essay writer from us. Our dissertation writing service is top-notch, and we also offer paid to write essays services. Additionally, we provide college essay help to ensure that your academic papers are perfect. Choose from our vast pool of skilled editors and proofreaders, and rest assured that no error will escape their attention!
What is the ideal structure of a thesis statement?
A thesis statement is the main idea of your essay compressed into one or two sentences. An ideal thesis statement should be concise, direct, and relevant. To build it, start with a generalization and proceed with your stance or claim. Structure it in a way that will give your readers a clear idea of what you’re going to write about.
How does this thesis generator work?
Give us your topic.
Firstly, state your topic in general, then continue with the main idea of your essay, and your position regarding this topic.
Fill in all gaps
Fill in a few more gaps to provide information about your arguments and counterargument. Then, press the “Submit” button.
Get your thesis statement done
After the data is submitted, the tool’s algorithm analyzes it meticulously. Then, the system generates a thesis statement, extracting the main message from all the information you’ve provided.
What our customers say
Thousands of students have already used our free thesis statement generator to create immaculate thesis statements and save lots of time. Here’s what they say:
Thank you guys:) I save a lot of hours that I could spend on choosing an arguments for my essay, on writing a thesis statement using them, and then understanding that it is not inaf strong argumentation and doing it once more.
I always write essays by my own, as I really like to do it. But sometimes it happens that I need some inspiration or the hint on how to say something better. I use it for all my essays now, becose it useful to see in few steps how my thesis statement looks like with different argumentation!
I use it regularly for my essays, and this is free and really good! Thank you guys, I start writing more confidently and much more quicker since I started using Studyfy!
Finally, it is a good strong thesis statement generator for free without any weaknesses. You should leave a comment on your position, central message, and it generates clear and useful for readers thesis statement. I've been a Studyfy user for two months now and I'm very pleased with it!
It really understand the idea of thesis statement structure. The best thesis generator I’ve ever tried!
Frequently asked questions
Is this a genuinely free thesis creator, what should the best thesis statement generator be like, are there any limitations for using this tool, is there any possibility of my thesis being stolen, stay safe with studyfy thesis statement generator for essay.
- No information is recorded and stored when you use our thesis statement generator
- Your data will never be used by third parties
- If you decide to seek further help from our writing or editing services, we guarantee that your request stays confidential
- We only help you create thesis statements to improve your essay writing skills
- All information is thoroughly protected. Your positive experience with Studyfy is our top priority!
Thesis Statement Generator: Free & Precise
Looking for a thesis statement generator? The free online tool we offer will make a thesis in no time! Our thesis sentence generator will suit argumentative, informative, and comparative essays. All you need to do is look at the examples and add the necessary information.
☑️ How to Use the Thesis Generator?
- 📝 Essay Thesis
- ✍️ Research Paper Thesis
- 📜 Dissertation Thesis
- 🙊 Thesis For a Speech
💡 Make a Thesis with Our Tips
🏆 10 best thesis generators, ⭐ thesis statement maker: the benefits, ❓ thesis generator faq, 🔗 references, 🔧 thesis generator: what is it.
Sometimes it can be challenging to come up with a topic, research question, or a thesis statement for your paper. An excellent solution is to use online topic makers, problem statement generators, and thesis topic generators, such as ours! Our free online generator will help you create the perfect thesis statement! Follow the steps below to get thesis statements relating to your topic:
- Introduce your topic. It can also be the title of your paper (e.g., the benefits of online education).
- State the main idea about this topic. It is the specific point of view that you will discuss in your paper (e.g., online learning is beneficial)
- Make an argument supporting your point of view. It must be a strong and valid argument. Don't claim something that you can't back with facts (e.g., online learning is flexible)
- Make another argument supporting your point of view (e.g., online learning is affordable).
- Make an argument against your point of view. Make sure you don't just dismiss it, but acknowledge its validity (e.g., online learning is not always taken seriously)
- Decide on the topic of your paper.
- Think about the main idea that you will express in your paper. It will also be the conclusion.
- Choose arguments that can support your point of view. Also, think of at least one counterargument. It will help you discuss your topic better.
- Enter this information into respective fields. Use short sentences. Do not use punctuation or capital letters.
- Click on the "Generate Thesis" button to get samples.
- Choose the sample you like best!
📍 Why Make a Thesis Statement?
You might have already heard about theses and thesis statements. Well, the main difference is: a thesis is the key point or argument of your assignment. And the thesis statement is this point expressed in one sentence.
Here’s one crucial thing you should always keep in mind when you write this sentence: it should meet the professor’s requirements.
There are two types of thesis statements:
- Direct. It states the exact reasons for your paper. For example, "I do not support vegan lifestyle because animals do not have feelings, this lifestyle is too expensive, and a vegan diet is not healthy." Such a thesis sentence would tell the reader what each body paragraph or section is going to be about.
- Indirect. Unlike the direct thesis statement, it does not state clear arguments. Here’s the sample: "I do not support vegan lifestyle for three reasons." The fact “I do not support vegan lifestyle” is the topic, and "three reasons" represent an indirect thesis statement. The assignment will contain these three reasons.
Most kinds of academic papers require a thesis statement, which can also be considered as your answer to the research question.
Now that you've learned the basics let's see what can help you to create an excellent thesis statement for anything: from history research to a critique paper!
📝 Essay Thesis Statement
You will probably write many essays as a high school or college student. Writing an essay is quite easy: it doesn't require any serious research on your part, and the resulting text is usually short. That's why you choose a narrow thesis statement that you can talk about in 4-5 paragraphs.
Your choice of a thesis statement depends on what type of essay you're writing. Here are some examples:
In an expository essay , you explain the topic logically, using your analytical skills. This type of essay relies only on facts, without any reference to the writer's personal opinion. The topic statement is the most critical part of an expository essay. It should be short and manageable so that you can describe it in just a few paragraphs. As you can see from the definition, it also should be based on facts and not on the writer's position. This category includes compare and contrast essays, definition essays , and others:
e.g., While online education is not always taken seriously, it is beneficial because of its flexibility and affordability.
On the contrary, argumentative essays are centered on the writer's personal opinion. This type of essay is also called persuasive because your aim is to persuade people that your idea is right. The thesis statement should reflect this:
e.g., Vegan lifestyle should not be promoted because it's expensive and not healthy.
Note: it's better not to use the word "I," because it may appear as too subjective. Remember: a strong thesis statement means an excellent essay!
✍️ Research Paper Thesis Statement
Unlike essays, research papers require more information, and they are lengthier than essays. That's why a research paper thesis statement should be slightly broader. This way, you make sure that you have a lot to discuss and can demonstrate your more profound knowledge on the topic.
Research paper thesis statements can be simple or more complex, depending on the purpose of your paper. Simple thesis statements can be formulated with the help of the outlines:
Something is true because of these reasons .
The US Constitution is not outdated because it's an integral part of the country's identity.
Despite these counterarguments , something is true.
e.g., Despite not being outdated, the US Constitution needs many amendments to keep up with the changing times.
You can make more complex thesis statements by combining several arguments:
e.g., The US Constitution is not outdated, because it's a part of the country's identity; still, some amendments need to be made.
Remember: it is essential to stay on topic! Avoid including unnecessary and random words into your statement. Our online thesis creator can help you in writing a statement directly connected with your theme.
Our thesis statement generator can help writing a thesis for your research. Create a short, catchy thesis statement, and you are one step closer to completing a perfect research paper!
📜 Dissertation Thesis Statement
Writing a master's thesis or a Ph.D. dissertation is not the same as writing a simple research paper. These types of academic papers are very lengthy. They require extensive analysis of information, as well as your ideas and original research.
Besides, you only have limited time for writing a dissertation, so you'll have to work on it systematically.
That's why it's better to come up with a thesis statement as early as possible . It will help you always stay on topic and not to waste your time on irrelevant information.
A dissertation can have an even broader thesis statement because of how lengthy your work should be. Make sure it's something you can study extensively and from different points of view:
e.g., The use of memory techniques at school can boost children's abilities and revolutionize modern teaching.
Don't forget to include a statement showing why your dissertation is interesting and relevant!
🙊 Thesis Statement For a Speech
Similarly, the thesis statement for a speech should be catchy and exciting . If you include it in the introduction, you will provide your audience with a sense of direction and make it easier to concentrate. The audience will know what to expect of your speech, and they will pay more attention.
Speech, unlike a research paper, includes only the most relevant information . If your speech is based on a paper, use your thesis statement to decide what to leave out. Remember that everything you say should be connected to your thesis statement! This way, you'll make your speech consistent, informative, and engaging.
Another useful tip is to rehearse your speech several times before deciding that it's finished. You may need to make some corrections or even rephrase the thesis statement. Take your time and make sure you do your best!
Now, we will concentrate on your thesis writing. We’ve prepared six tips that would help you to master your thesis statement regardless of the paper type you were assigned to:
- Formulate your topic. Here’s the secret: the good topic makes half of the success when you write a paper. It defines your research area, the degree of your involvement, and, accordingly, how good will the result be at the end. So what is the topic of an essay? Basically, it’s a phrase that defines the subject of your assignment. Don’t make it too broad or too specific.
- Determine the key idea. It will help you get an understanding of your essay subject. Think about things you are trying to state or prove. For example, you may write down one main idea; consider a specific point of view that you’re going to research; state some facts and reasons you will use in your assignment, or express your opinion about the issue.
- Choose the central argument to support your thesis. Make a list of arguments you would use in your essay. This simple task has at least two benefits. First, you will get a clear understanding on what you’re going to write. It will wipe out the writer’s block. Second, gathering arguments for the topic will help you create an outline for your assignment.
- Generate other arguments to support the thesis. Free thesis generators suggest you proceed with a few arguments that support your topic idea. Don’t forget to prepare some logical evidence!
- Come up with a counterargument to the main idea. You might find this exercise a bit hard, but still, if you're dreaming of writing an excellent paper, think of another side of the argument. To complete this task, you should conduct preliminary research to find another standpoint and evidence behind it.
- Provide your thesis statement as early as possible in your paper. If you're writing a short paper, put your thesis in the introductory paragraph. For more extended essays, it is acceptable to write it in the second paragraph. And avoid phrases like, "The point of my essay is…"
- Make your thesis statement specific. Remember to keep it short, clear, and specific. Check if there are two broad statements. If so, think about settling on one single idea and then proceed with further development. Avoid making it too broad. Your paper won’t be successful if you write three pages on things that do not disclose the topic and are too generic.
There are serious objections to abortions.
Because of the high risk of breast cancer or subsequent childbearing, there should be broadly implemented the informed consent practice that certifies that women are advised of such risks prior to having an abortion.
When writing your thesis, you use words that your audience will understand:
- Avoid technical language unless you’re writing a technical report.
- Forget about jargon.
- Avoid vague words: “exciting,” “interesting,” “usual,” “difficult,” etc.
- Avoid simply announcing the topic. Share your specific “angle” and show why your point on the issue matter.
- Do not make judgments that oversimplify complex topics.
- If you use judgment call in your thesis, don’t forget to specify and justify your reasoning.
- Don't just report facts. Instead, share your personal thoughts and ideas on the issue.
- Explain why your point matters. When you’re writing a thesis, imagine that your readers ask you a simple question: “So what?” Instead of writing something general, like "There are a lot of pros and cons of behaviorism", tell your readers why you think the behaviorism theory is better than cognitivist theory.
- Avoid quotes in your thesis statement. Instead of citing someone, use your own words in the thesis. It will help you to grab the reader's attention and gain credibility. And the last advice: change your thesis as you write the essay. Revise it as your paper develops to get the perfect statement. Now it's time to apply this knowledge and create your own thesis! We believe this advice and tools will be useful in your essay writing!
To ease your writing, we prepared an IvyPanda thesis statement generators. Check the list below:
1. Thesis Statement Generator
Thesis Statement Generator is a simple online tool which will guide you through the thesis statement creation. To get your thesis, you will have to provide the following information: the topic, your personal opinion, the qualification, and reason sentences. Then press the button “My Thesis” to see the final draft, edit it and print or save it on your computer.
Also, you can make an outline for your future paper within a couple of clicks. The tool works with any type of paper.
2. Ashford University Thesis Generator
The Ashford University Thesis Generator is quite similar to previous one. Each box contains a hint on how to fill it. The tool is ad-free and has no limits for your uploads.
Simple interface and a short guide will help you to easily fill required fields to get a thesis statement. The only drawback of the tool is that it works only for argumentative theses.
3. HeplfulPapers Thesis Statement Generator
HeplfulPapers Thesis Statement Generator is another free service that requires no registration and provides unlimited numbers for thesis creation. To create thesis statement, you should put a topic, your main conclusion about it, two arguments, counterargument, and click the button “Make a thesis statement.” You will get five thesis examples to choose from.
On the page, you will also find a comprehensive guide on thesis statement writing with good and bad samples. Unlike previous two tools, this website doesn’t allow its users to create an outline draft. However, HelpfulPapers blog contains lots of useful articles on writing.
4. Thesis Builder
Thesis Builder is a service by Tom March, which is available for students since 1995. This ad-free tool allows you to generate a persuasive thesis and create your essay outline. This web app is completely free, so fill in the boxes and write your assignment. You can print a result or send it as email.
5. Thesis Statement Creator
The next tool in our list is Thesis Statement Creator. The service is ad-free and offers unlimited attempts to generate thesis statement. It works with any type of paper and requires no registration. Users can find a short guide and thesis statement prompts. The app allows printing the result.
6. Simple Thesis Creator
Another free service for writing any type of papers. Simple Thesis Creator works great with any type of paper. To get your thesis, answer four simple questions and press the button “Create Your Thesis.”
Among the drawbacks of the service are moderate ads and absence of outline option.
7. Thesis Statement Maker
Thesis Statement Maker is similar to the previous tool. The page contains hints on thesis writing, four fields to fill and get a thesis, and works with any type of paper. As a bonus, you will find a list of thesis statements on various topics.
The key drawback is the same too: lots of ads and no paper outline option.
8. Thesis Generator | SUNY Empire State College
The truly academic tool in our list: SUNY Empire State College Thesis Generator. Students can find a lot of useful information on thesis writing. To generate summary, choose the type of paper you are going to write, fill the form and get your thesis. The website is ad-free and provides a short guide on most common types of thesis.
Among its drawbacks are only three supported types of thesis statements and no outline generation.
9. JG Thesis Generator
If you’re looking for a mobile app for your college or university writing, try JG Thesis Generator. The tool is available on the most popular platforms: App Store, Mac App Store, Android, Amazon Appstore, and Windows. Unlike other generators mentioned in this post, the app is paid. Moreover, you’ll be able to generate the essay outline using the app.
The app works only with persuasive and analytical thesis statements and cost $3.99 with no trial period. Also, there is no web version of it available.
10. Political Science Thesis Generator
And the last but not the least: thesis generator for papers in political science. If you like randomizers, try you should try this tool. Press the “New Title” button to get a sample thesis statement. There is no customization or outlining options, and generating a sample thesis, which would work for you, might take a few minutes or even longer.
- Decide on a topic.
- Develop the main idea of your paper.
- Formulate it as a question and try to answer it.
- Use the answer to form a thesis statement.
- To the point
The best way to build it is by answering the research question. You can also use outlines and online builders to make it better.
- The main idea of the text.
- Good arguments for and against it.
- Reasons why this thesis statement is important.
A good argumentative thesis statement should also include your personal opinion on the topic.
- Argumentative Essays: Purdue OWL
- Developing A Thesis: Harvard College Writing Center
- Thesis Statement: Indiana University East
- Identifying a Thesis: Shoreline Community College
- Expository Essays: Purdue OWL
- How to Write a Thesis Statement: Indiana University Bloomington
- Expository Essay (Speedy Study Guides): Google Books
- Mastering the Thesis Statement: Google Books
- Free Essays
- Writing Tools
- Lit. Guides
- Donate a Paper
- Referencing Guides
- Free Textbooks
- Tongue Twisters
- Job Openings
- Expert Application
- Video Contest
- Writing Scholarship
- Discount Codes
- IvyPanda Shop
- Terms and Conditions
- Cookies Policy
- Copyright Principles
- DMCA Request
- Service Notice
If you need help to write a thesis for your paper, this page will give you plenty of resources to do that. You’ll find out about the essentials of thesis statement. There are also tips on how to write the statement properly. But most importantly, this page contains reviews and links to online thesis generators.
Free Thesis Statement Generator
Tired of formulating the main idea for your essay or research? Looking for a claim writer generator that can help create a thesis statement? StudyCrumb has the best solution for students and academics!
How Our Thesis Generator Works?
Our free thesis generator tool is easy to use. It can provide the best results in a few seconds. There are only a few steps to get a thesis generator for essay! Check how it works!
You need to be clear with the topic, angle of view, and evidence for your future papers' statements.
Our best thesis statement generator requires additional information and counterarguments for better text.
Click the button and generate a thesis statement that will work perfectly for your paper or research.
Thesis Maker Filled With Benefits
Our thesis maker online tool creates a two-clause sentence that simultaneously announces and sums up your paper's main idea. It is often an affirmative sentence with a strong message written securely. Here is why you need to consider using our service.
Our thesis statement maker free tool can be used by anyone from any location. No payments or registration for assistance.
We guarantee that you won't wait for days to get your results using our thesis statement tool. It will be ready in a moment.
Our thesis typer ensures that your text will be unique. Be confined in using this paragraph for your paper or research.
We do not share personal data. No one will find that you used our thesis statement builder for your research.
Hire a Personal Claim Writer for Expert Thesis Statement Help!
Sometimes a thesis statement creator is not enough to compose an astounding essay. We gathered the best specialists who can create a top-notch paper based on your needs. Just choose the service you need, and a thesis statement writer will handle the rest.
Backed by qualified writers, we provide unique academic papers tailored to clients specific needs. Have an expert help with thesis statement and compose a customized paper from the ground up.
Take your writing to a whole new level with our editing and proofreading services. Our academic proofreaders will polish your writing according to all collegiate standards and make it impeccable.
Why Choose StudyCrumb
Who Can Use a Thesis Statement Maker?
Use a thesis maker for essay, research, analytics, or academic articles. It is the best tool for customizing your thoughts and ideas. Let's define who can find it helpful?
Our essay thesis statement generator can be helpful for any type of writing assignment. It is free for everyone! Use thesis statement maker for essays or final papers to get better grades. It will help you become a successful graduate.
You work hard with research but can not decide what idea is the best? Try our free tool for inspiration or use created paragraphs in your research. Our tool can also help with writing a thesis statement for a research paper.
Working with independent research and need support with your article? Try a thesis generator for research paper and choose the appropriate version for your text. It works for various topics or academic styles.
Thesis maker free tools are helpful for writers struggling with the main idea of their essays. Save your time and trust this complicated work for the software solution we provide. You will get your paragraph in a few seconds.
Working with an investigation or report? Use our tool as a thesis question generator to structure your article and define the most critical points you need to describe in the text. It is helpful for everyone who works with readers.
Online Thesis Statement Generator Free
Creating the paper's main statement can be a very challenging task. Our claim generator for essay is an excellent choice for those who want to save time by making this critical part of almost every academic paper. It's straightforward in use. Type in your topic and give the most essential information regarding this topic. The process will take several minutes but you will definitely enjoy an astounding result. And that's precisely what you need. Searching who can write me a thesis statement? Consider AI-designed tools first. They are easy to use, affordable for anyone, and can provide outstanding results. Use our strong thesis statement generator to improve your research and writing samples! Became a better student in a few steps.
Why Use a Thesis Builder Tool?
Our research paper thesis builder free tool is essential for improving any type of writing. This thesis tool is created by the best academic writers alongside our development team. The claim statement generator will give you the desired solution to a not-so-easy-to-do assignment. Why is it essential to have factual statements for advanced papers? After introducing the topic, you must focus on the idea you will defend or argue in the text. You will build all the argumentation around it. Try to make it simple but specific. With our help make a thesis statement clear, valuable, and beneficial. Still, looking, who will write a thesis statement for me? Start with our tech tool. You will see how helpful it can be for any type of academic assignment. If you need more enhanced assistance, just leave a " write an essay for me " request to StudyCrumb and our experts will deliver a top-notch paper.
Universal Thesis Statement Generator for All Types of Essays
Our thesis statement generator for essay will help you craft striking arguments according to all recommendations of professional essay and other academic papers writers. You can use an argumentative thesis generator or expository thesis statement generator to create your paper on any topic. It is also helpful for narrative, analytical or critical essays. Try our tool when you need to analyze the data. Define the main idea to focus on during your writing. You need to determine the concept that will be the perspective for any type of academic paper.
- Argumentative essay thesis statement generator The thesis statement generator for argumentative essay can simplify student's life by writing myriads of argumentative essays. It can be tricky when it comes to creating points for an argumentative essay, as you need to stress only the main statement when there is much more to say. Our argumentative thesis statement generator works with any topic. Alternatively, you can hire an argumentative essay writer who will justify every point.
- Persuasive thesis statement generator Thesis generator for persuasive essay will help to define the argument that will be useful to make someone stand on your side. You need to be not only argumentative but also emotional. You should not discuss all facts but only something that can make others support your idea. It should be a difficult task for anyone. So, try our tool or outsource a paper from a proficient persuasive essay writer to get the best results.
- Informative thesis statement generator Thesis generator for informative essay and speech provides great support when you face such type of writing. Informative speech requires not only well-written text but also solid rhetorical skills. And that's when our informative speech thesis statement generator tool may come in handy. If you feel relatively weak at the latter, you at least need a stunning statement or give our speech writing service a shot.
- Compare and contrast thesis statement generator Sometimes, you may not know how to build an argument. Compare and contrast thesis generator can be of great help when you face such essay types. The only thing you need to do is to choose a topic and two subjects to compare and contrast.
- Cause and effect thesis statement generator Thesis statements generator for compare and contrast essay works effectively for idea crystallizing. If you are clear with argumentation, you will get an excellent text in a few seconds. Our tech tool will help even with such complicated tasks. The great text illustrates your ability of logical thinking.
- Analytical thesis statement generator Rhetorical analysis thesis generator will help you craft a decent piece. Since you are in a rhetorical analysis paradigm, you need to write more analytical than descriptive. Specify how you will analyze the rhetorical part of your text in a statement. Also, you should try to be as objective as you can. If you face any difficulties with it, don't hesitate to use our literary analysis thesis statement generator or directly order essay at StudyCrumb.
Thesis Statement Generator for Research Paper & Studies
Why do you need to consider a research paper thesis generator to create valuable content? Any research has a few important parts, including an intro, a literature review, research questions, and methodology. But all those sections depend on the idea you will research from new angels. This is where you need to use a thesis statement maker for a research paper. It helps to define the best idea you will work with. The great thing about our tool is that it can be used for any type of academic work, be it an essay, research paper, coursework, etc. If you are here, then you should probably know how important a thesis statement is. This very sentence can help you score high. You can even fail if your entire text is professionally written. To reduce any risk of getting low grades and impress your teacher with a real masterpiece, we suggest you buy research paper online . Our thesis statement creator for research paper uses your argumentation, additional information, and counterarguments to build the best content. Why does it require so much information? We want to create the most fitted paragraph for your text. All argumentation, research angle, and evidence for your paper will help this research thesis statement generator build a great piece of text! Once you submit the data, our system analyzes a paper topic and the key arguments you are going to cover in a piece. It generates a statement highlighting the main message from the bundle of information. Thus, absolute research paper consistency is achieved. Working with a research paper can take a long time. Some create an excellent valuable article in two-three months. For others, it takes years. That is why it is essential to be confident in your research approach. Our research paper thesis statement maker works with all possible topics and subjects. It ensures a high quality of the text, fresh ideas for your research, and a unique approach to paper creation.
Why Choose Our Online Thesis Creator?
You may think that finding any free thesis statement creator online is not a big deal. But it can be your mistake. You need to use the software you can trust. To find "who can make me a thesis statement," you need to be critical of all tools in the market. Why we encourage you to use our service:
- Provides excellent and unique text Our thesis paragraph generator will create a plagiarism-free text you can use in your article or paper.
- Easy to use There is no need to install specific software or go through complicated registration. Just fill in all the fields and get results.
- Fast results Fill out the form and let our system analyze the information and generate results for you. It takes no more than 5 minutes.
- Free and accessible from any device Get help creating a thesis statement without any payments or subscriptions. It is free of charge for using.
- Accurate with a text Our tool works accurately with analysis. You need to be sure that your statements are clear and illustrate your research or article.
Being developed with the only mission — to make students’ life easier, our tool has a comprehensive vocabulary integrated into it with the implemented high-end logic. Therefore, you can count on quality statements generated using our tool or thesis writing service .
Thesis Sentence Generator Helping With School and College Assignments
High-school and college students work with many written assignments that may require one sentence thesis statement generator. And we are sure that StudyCrumb provides the best tool for these study tasks. “Help me write a thesis statement!” You probably see such requests often. It can be complicated for first-year students to be clear with academic writing. They need to build their essays around one central idea and collect arguments to support or criticize it. But how to be sure that this idea is written well and can be used for your paper? Try a random thesis generator and get the best results for your report! You are looking for someone who can help writing a thesis statement for a research paper. Start with AI tools first. These algorithms of our software will focus on the most valuable arguments for your ideas. Our thesis sentence maker is a guarantee of improving your writing samples in a few easy steps. Not sure about your paper? Too stressed about all assignments you have for school. We can help writing a thesis statement and make your students' lives a little easier. Our students who already use this tool are delighted with their results! Better grades, more free time, and saving money.
Write My Thesis Statement for Me Now!
Help me write my thesis statement! Quite a common request we get from students, researchers, and writers. And it's understandable. This is one of the most critical parts of any writing. But before searching for paid help, try innovative technology — an essay claim generator from StudyCrumb. Why we are sure that you will like our thesis statement typer. It is simple to use and does not require any specific data. You need to provide an argument, research angle, references to support your opinions, and counterarguments. Everything that will fully describe your forthcoming paper. This is the foundation to help “make my thesis statement”. You also might be interested in conclusion generator which will help you create a thought-provoking conluding paragraph based on your thesis. Our instruments are used by researchers in various disciplines. Millions of people find them helpful in creating advanced papers. Try our thesis statement maker for essays today. Ensure how simple it is and what valuable text it can provide you.
Need a Thesis Statement Writer?
We are pretty sure that we have built the best working thesis generator. But sometimes, the thesis creator free tool is not enough for specific assignments. At the same time, there can be some cases that require help from professional writers. StudyCrumb cooperates with more than 500 writers with MA and PhD degrees. Generate a catchy topic using our title generator for essay and choose a claim writer based on rate and other students' testimonials. Work with your paper or order a pro statement for your research. We have a team you can trust! If you have no time to create your paper — contact our writers. They are ready to help you with your writing assignment at any time.
Order your perfect paper right now!
Let professional writers deal with your paper quickly and efficiently.
FAQ About Claim Generator
If you have any additional questions about the random claim generator, check this section. In that case, we get answers for the most commonly asked ones.
1. Is your thesis generator free?
We build one of the best free thesis statement generator. You don't need to purchase access or pay for a subscription. Open the website, put all the required information about your paper and get your results in a moment. Our goal is to make this tool accessible for students and researchers worldwide.
2. Do I need to register to get free help with thesis statement?
We have good news! To get help with a thesis statement, you don't need to register or share any other personal data. We know how annoying all the registrations on websites can be. No need to register to use our tool. It is free to use from any location 24/7.
3. Can I use thesis maker an unlimited number of times?
Yes, you can run the thesis statement maker as many times as needed. There are no limits or special conditions for using the website. It is always free and accessible for everyone. Usually, students work with a few papers in a week and need to have access to our tool all the time.
4. Can I utilize this thesis generator for research paper?
Our research paper thesis generator can be easily used for such papers. We know how important this part of the research is. That is why our tool is created by academics based on all requirements for effective writing. It will provide accurate, precise, and unique text in a few seconds. You can use it as a part of your research.
Other Tools You May Like
StudyCrumb offers you more than just a thesis statement generator. We’ve designed a whole bundle of free writing tools that can improve your academic experience. Check them out below!
- Skip to main content
- Skip to ChatBot Assistant
Empire state university thesis generator.
This resource is designed to help you begin drafting a thesis statement for your essay. A thesis statement is sometimes called a "claim statement" or "main idea" of an essay.
Click the NEXT button to learn more about different types of thesis statements and how to use the Thesis Generator.
What is a Thesis Statement?
- A specific claim or main idea that your essay argues, supports or explains
- Usually 1 to 2 sentences long
- Stated somewhere in your introduction
A strong thesis statement tells your audience 3 things:
- The main idea of your essay
- The specific reasons in support of this idea
- The order you'll be discussing these reasons
What Type of Thesis Statement Do You Need?
Click the title of the thesis statement type you need to create.
If you're not sure which type of thesis statement you need, or which type of essay you're writing, please see Types of Thesis Statements for more information. If you're still not sure, contact your instructor.
Related Resource: Key Terms in Academic Writing
Persuasive Thesis Statement Generator
What is the topic you want to write about? *
What is your main opinion on this topic? *
What is the strongest reason supporting your opinion? *
What is another strong reason supporting your opinion? *
What is one more strong reason supporting your opinion? *
What is the main argument against your opinion? *
What is a possible title for your persuasive essay? *
Possible Thesis Statements
DISCLAIMER: It is your responsibility to revise and refine the thesis statement(s) produced by the Thesis Generator to ensure that they address your assignment. Drafts should not simply be copied and pasted into documents. If you are unsure about the assignment requirements, or if you have any questions about if/how a thesis statement addresses your assignment contact your instructor.
The following are samples of potential thesis statement structures to consider for your paper.
Sample 1: Basic Thesis Statement
- Format: [Claim].
Sample 2: Thesis Statement with Reasons - This model states your claim and the reasons that support your claim (which you will discuss in your essay).
- Format: [Claim] because [reason], [reason] and [reason].
2. because , , and .
Sample 3: Thesis Statement with Cause and Effects - This model states the reasons causing the circumstances of your claim.
- Format: Since [reason], [reason] and [reason], [claim].
3. Since , , and , .
Sample 4: Thesis Statement with Concessions and Reasons - This model states a major opposing viewpoint, as well as your claim and reasons.
- Format: Although some might argue that [opposing claim], the reason [claim] is because [reason], [reason] , and [reason].
4. Although some might argue that , the reason is because , , and .
Please remember to review and refine your thesis statement to work for your paper. This tool is only meant to act as a guide and the above output is intended only to help you craft your own thesis statement.
Research Thesis Statement Generator
What topic are you writing about? *
What is your research question? ( Note: This is the question your essay will answer. ) *
What is your claim about this topic based on the research you've done? *
What is the strongest summary of research findings that supports your claim? *
What is another strong summary of research findings that supports your claim? *
What is the strongest summary of research findings against your claim? *
What is a possible title for your research paper? *
- Format: Although [Finding Against] , the majority of research suggests [Claim].
2. Although some studies have indicated that , the majority of research suggests .
- Format: [Claim] because [Finding in Support] and [Finding in Support].
3. because and .
- Format: While [Finding Against] , [Finding in Support] and [Finding in Support] indicating that [Claim].
4. While some studies have found that , and indicating that .
Compare and Contrast Thesis Statement Generator
What TWO things are you comparing? Be specific. First Item * Second Item *
(Compare) What is the strongest way they are similar ? Be specific. *
(Compare) What is the second strongest way they are similar ? Be specific. *
(Contrast) What is the strongest way they are different ? Be specific. *
(Contrast) What is the second strongest way they are different ? Be specific. *
What is a possible title for your essay? *
Potential Thesis Statement
The following is a sample of what your thesis statement might look like for this topic.
DISCLAIMER: It is your responsibility to revise and refine the thesis statement(s) produced by the Thesis Generator to ensure that they address your assignment. We strongly encourage that you not simply Copy & Paste the drafts created here. If you are unsure about the assignment requirements, or if you have any questions about if/how a thesis statement addresses your assignment contact your instructor.
Format: Although [Topic 1] and [Topic 2] are comparable in that [Similarity 1] and [Similarity 2] , they differ in that [Difference 1] , while [Difference 2].
Although and are comparable in that and , they differ in that , while .
They're not just in our classes – they help power our website. Cookies and similar tools allow us to better understand the experience of our visitors. By continuing to use this website, you consent to SUNY Empire State University's usage of cookies and similar technologies in accordance with the university's Privacy Notice and Cookies Policy .
Thesis Statement Generator: Free & Fast Tool
- Even though the passage of the Affordable Care Act led to significant improvements in the situation, there are still issues, that negatively affect the quality of medical care in the United States, leading to inequality because medical insurance is too expensive for low-income families or unemployed individuals, cost of medical care in the US is also too high making it almost impossible to get the treatment without insurance, and moreover, people living in rural areas do not have an opportunity to receive the same level of medical care as those living in urban areas.
- Whereas the passage of the Affordable Care Act led to significant improvements in the situation, there are still issues, that negatively affect the quality of medical care in the United States, leading to inequality given that medical insurance is too expensive for low-income families or unemployed individuals, cost of medical care in the US is also too high making it almost impossible to get the treatment without insurance, and moreover, people living in rural areas do not have an opportunity to receive the same level of medical care as those living in urban areas.
- There are still issues, that negatively affect the quality of medical care in the United States, leading to inequality because medical insurance is too expensive for low-income families or unemployed individuals, cost of medical care in the US is also too high making it almost impossible to get the treatment without insurance, and moreover, people living in rural areas do not have an opportunity to receive the same level of medical care as those living in urban areas.
- Since medical insurance is too expensive for low-income families or unemployed individuals, cost of medical care in the US is also too high making it almost impossible to get the treatment without insurance, and moreover, people living in rural areas do not have an opportunity to receive the same level of medical care as those living in urban areas, there are still issues, that negatively affect the quality of medical care in the United States, leading to inequality.
You've found an excellent topic for your essay but are unsure about the thesis? We've got you covered! Our free thesis generator is here to kickstart your ideas. You can use it for any type of academic writing: research papers, essays, and even dissertations.
In this article you will find:
- a free thesis statement generator;
- everything about thesis statements;
- plus bonus examples!
👍 Thesis Generator Benefits
✅ how to use the thesis statement generator, 🖊️ what is a thesis in writing, 💪 how to make a thesis statement strong, 💡 thesis statement examples, 🔀 5 tips to restate your thesis statement, 🔗 references.
The most essential benefits of this thesis statement generator are listed below.
Our tool uses the information you enter and creates a unique thesis. What’s even better, you can use it as a research question generator. Just follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Type in your main idea . This is the center of your thesis. Use general information without punctuation marks.
- Now, you provide the main arguments that support your claim. You can add up to three arguments.
- In the last step, the thesis builder requests an argument that backs up the opposing position. It would help make your essay more credible.
- Choose the thesis you like best.
That's it! You've crafted a sophisticated thesis with our thesis statement maker.
Want another thesis? Feel free to use our generator as many times as you wish!
The thesis is the core claim of your paper. Its key function is to give the reader and the writer a sense of direction. A strong thesis statement consists of three parts:
Briefly say what your essay will be about.
State your position in a precise and on-point manner. Strong verbs and adverbs are a good way to bring your opinion across.
This part introduces your evidence. For a typical five-paragraph APA style essay, you need three supporting arguments.
On top of that, your thesis can be either direct or indirect.
- A direct thesis presents your arguments clearly.
- An indirect thesis grabs your reader’s attention by merely hinting at what you will discuss in your paper.
Keep reading if you want to know how to write a brilliant thesis statement.
We’ve talked about the basic structure you can use to formulate your thesis statements. But how do you make them truly great? The best thesis statements are compelling, concise, and supported by evidence.
If you already have a general outline for your essay, save yourself some time, and use our free statement builder!
🖊️ Essay Thesis Statement
With these step-by-step guidelines, you can practice formulating a brilliant thesis statement for all types of essays:
- Check your sources and gather plenty of information.
- Write a tentative thesis . It is a first draft that helps you organize your thoughts in a logical pattern. You use it as a base for your final statement.
- Locate the thesis towards the end of your introduction paragraph.
- Including counterclaims adds credibility to your statement.
Now let’s have a look at the types of essay thesis statements:
- Evaluative theses are used in compare and contrast essays. They define one thing as better/worse than another thing.
- A synthesis statement presents a new idea that stems from the summary of two or more sources.
- A thesis for a literary analysis breaks down a piece of dramatic, prosaic, or poetic literature. You can focus on elements such as plot, characters, or tone.
- Rhetorical analysis and its statement should concentrate on how words are used to persuade the audience.
Choose the type of thesis that corresponds to your assignment!
🔬 Research Paper Thesis Statement
Research papers dig deeper than essays. Therefore, the thesis has to reflect this quality. Here is how it’s done:
- An analytical thesis statement highlights your topic’s individual components.
- In an argumentative thesis , you state a claim and support it with evidence. It can contain your position or a suggestion.
- An informative thesis sums up your topic in one concise definition.
- Collect all the necessary information before you start working on your thesis.
- Remember to keep your thesis precise.
- Just like with essays, your statement belongs at the end of the introduction.
- It’s normal to shift your perspective while writing. Be sure to rephrase your thesis accordingly.
🔊 Speech Thesis Statement
Speeches, too, need thesis statements. The crafting process differs from that of research papers and essays.
- Decide whether your speech will persuade or inform the audience. Thus, you choose either a persuasive or an informative speech thesis statement.
- The general purpose statement identifies your goal. Speeches can convince, inform, or entertain.
- The specific purpose statement connects your topic with your objectives.
- Due to the apparent health and environmental benefits and reduced production costs, the school should adopt an all-vegetarian lunch policy.
Now, let’s take a look at some samples. Here’s a thesis for a persuasive essay on racism and psychology:
Through its storytelling, music, and outstanding acting, Tony Kaye’s film American History X illustrates what draws young adults towards white supremacism. It can, therefore, be used to educate students on the subject.
This statement presents its arguments: storytelling, music, and performance. It also displays the author’s position and goal.
The next example is a thesis for a reflective essay for APUSH.
Thanks to the Civil Rights Movement, I can now attend university.
Since you’re talking about yourself, there are no wrong conclusions. Still, this is not a very good thesis example. It doesn’t establish a general direction and doesn’t provide enough information. Let’s try rephrasing it:
The success of the Civil Rights Movement has directly influenced my opportunities to receive a quality education as a black student in the US.
Much better! This thesis introduces the struggle for equality as a topic. Besides, it links personal benefits to historical events.
Finally, compare these two statements for a narrative essay on marriage:
- Getting married was better than I expected.
- I always thought marriage was an outdated institution, but I learned some valuable life lessons about responsibility once I got engaged.
For all its shortness, the first statement wouldn’t even make an exciting title. The second one indicates an exciting change and invites the reader to continue.
We hope this article was useful to you. And don’t forget: you can always use our thesis maker to give your creativity a boost.
The thesis is necessary for your paper's introduction and conclusion. Aim to preserve the meaning while changing the wording.
Below you'll find 5 helpful tips to restate your thesis statement.
- Paraphrase the main idea . What is the key concept in your thesis? Start by rephrasing it.
- Make it short . Avoid adding brand-new information or expanding the argument.
- Don't lose the original meaning . Make sure to keep the clarity and focus of the original thesis.
- Use transitional words . Adding some new transitions to make the thesis look different is a good idea.
- Try the tool on this page . Use this thesis statement generator to restate your thesis.
📌 How Do You Find an Article’s Thesis?
📌 what is an open thesis, 📌 how do you restate a thesis, 📌 what is a claim in an essay.
- How to Write a Thesis Statement: Indiana University Bloomington
- Developing a Thesis: Harvard College Writing Center
- How to Write a Literary Analysis Essay: Bucks Community College
- Informative Speeches: University of Minnesota Twin Cities
- Tips and Examples for Writing Thesis Statements: Purdue University
Research Question Generator Online
Are you looking for effective aid in research question formulation? Try our research question generator and get ideas for any project instantly.
- 🤖 How to Use the Tool
❗ Why Is a Research Question Important?
🔖 research question types & examples, 🗺️ how to generate a research question.
- 👀 More Examples
- 🔍 References
🤖 How to Use a Research Question Generator?
Struggling to develop a good research question for your college essay , proposal , or dissertation ? Don't waste time anymore, as our research question generator is available online for free.
Our tool is designed to provide original questions to suit any subject discipline.
Generate your questions in a few easy steps as shown below:
- Add your research group and the influencing factor.
- Indicate your dependent variable (the thing you’re planning to measure).
- Add the optional parameters (the second research group and the time frame).
- Look at the examples if necessary.
Once you get the initial results, you can still refine the questions to get relevant and practical research questions for your project.
The main importance of formulating a research question is to break down a broad topic and narrow it to a specific field of investigation . It helps you derive a practical knowledge of the topic of interest. The research question also acts as a guiding structure for the entire investigation from paragraph to paragraph. Besides, you can define research issues and spot gaps in the study.
The research questions disclose the boundaries and limitations of your research, ensuring it is consistent and relevant. Ultimately, these questions will directly affect the research methods you will use to collect and analyze data. They also affect the process of generating a thesis statement . With a checker proposal, you can also polish your research question to ensure it aligns with the research purpose.
The research writing process covers different types of questions, depending on the depth of study and subject matter. It is important to know the kind of research you want to do; it will help you in the formulation of an effective research question. You can select quantitative, qualitative, or mixed methods studies to develop your questions.
Let us explore some of these question types in detail to help you choose a workable option for your project:
Quantitative Research Questions
Quantitative questions are specific and objective, providing detailed information about a particular research topic . The data you collect from this research type is quantifiable and can be studied using figures.
These questions also delineate a relationship between the research design and the research question.
Quantitative questions focus on issues like:
- "How often"
- "How intense"
- "Is there a statistical relationship"
They illustrate the response with numbers.
In addition, quantitative questions help you to explore existing patterns in data from a specific location or context. The collected information allows researchers to make logical and data-driven conclusions.
This type of research question can be classified further into 3 categories.
Descriptive Research Questions
Such questions seek to describe a quantifiable problem and investigate the numbers, rates, or intensity of the issue. They are usually used to write descriptive papers .
Comparative Research Questions
As the name suggests, comparative questions intend to compare and contrast two or more issues in a research project. These questions are used in comparative papers . To formulate such a question, identify two or more variables, choose a standard for comparison, and present an in-depth discussion.
Let's look at a few examples.
Relationship-based Research Questions
Relationship-based questions reveal and identify a connection between two or more research variables . Such questions entail a dependent variable, an independent variable, and a socio-demographic of the population you are interested in studying.
Qualitative Research Questions
Qualitative research questions are open-ended and aim to explore or explain respondents' subjective meanings and experiences . You can't measure the data you collect from a qualitative research question in figures, as it's mostly narrative. Some of the common types include those described below.
Exploratory Research Questions
These questions investigate a particular research topic without any assumptions.
Explanatory Research Questions
These questions examine the reasons and find connections between existing entities.
Mixed Methods Studies
When you combine quantitative and qualitative research questions, you will get a mixed-method research study . It answers your research question more comprehensively since it combines the advantages of both research methods in a pragmatic study .
This mixed study can focus on quantitative data (score comparison with attitude ranking) and qualitative insights from student interviews about attitudes.
We have outlined a few steps to generate exceptional questions for students who don't know how to write them effectively.
👀 More Research Question Examples
- Why do minorities delay going to the doctor?
- What makes humans mortal genetically?
- Why and how did the US get involved in the Korean War?
- The virus COVID-19: what went wrong?
- What is cancel culture, and can it go too far?
- How do human infants acquire a language?
- Eastern vs. Western religions: what’s the difference?
- Why is capitalism better than socialism?
- What do Hamlet and Oedipus have in common?
- How does language influence our world?
- Competence for nurses: why is it important?
- COVID-19 pandemic: what we can learn from the past?
❓ Research Question Generator FAQ
❓ how to form a research question.
You should select an interesting topic related to the subject you are studying. Carry out preliminary research with our research question generator online and pick the question from the list of offered suggestions. Refine the question until you are satisfied with the result.
❓ What makes a good research question?
An effective research question should focus on a single issue and clearly state the research direction you will take. The topic should neither be too broad nor too narrow – just enough to keep you focused on the main scope of the study. Also, it should be answerable with a comprehensive analysis.
❓ How to find the research question in an article?
In an academic article, the research question is usually placed at the end of the introduction, right before the literature review. At times, it may be included in the methods section – after the review of academic research.
❓ How to write a quantitative research question?
Identify what claim you want to make in your research purpose. Choose a dependent variable, an independent variable, and a target population, and formulate the assumed relationship between the variables for that respondent group. Ensure the data you collect is measured within a specific context.
- Types of Research Questions With Examples
- Developing research questions - Library - Monash University
- Research Question - Research Guide - LibGuides
- How To Write a Research Question: Steps and Examples
- How to Write a Research Question - GMU Writing Center
Question Maker from Text
How many questions do you want to get?
Here are the questions generated from your text:
Did you know that the success of an essay or a research paper largely depends on the quality of the research question? A well-crafted essay question can inspire you to delve deeper into a topic and keep you motivated throughout the writing process.
We have developed a free online question maker from text to help you create a compelling question for any paper. Our tool saves you time, simplifies the process, and ensures every question is clear, concise, and engaging. Continue reading to learn more about the question maker and its benefits!
- ️📌 What Is a Question Maker?
- ️⚙️ How to Make a Question from Text?
- ️📝 Questions Generated from Text
- ️📣 Advantages of the Tool
- ️❓ Free Question Generator from Text FAQ
- ️🔗 References
📌 What Is Question Maker from Text?
Free question generator from text is an online free tool that creates questions from any given piece of writing. You only need to copy and paste the text into the device and click the "Make questions" button. The tool will automatically create various questions related to the content.
Our question maker from text is powered by AI algorithms that guarantee the clarity and relevance of all generated questions. This ensures that the questions accurately reflect the content of the text and provide meaningful engagement.
When to Use
There are many different ways you can use our question AI-generator. For example, when:
- Writing an essay that requires a research question.
- Studying for exams or quizzes.
- Researching a topic for your thesis .
- Reviewing class notes or lecture materials.
- Trying to deepen your understanding of a topic.
- Brainstorming ideas for discussion topics.
- Seeking inspiration for creative writing prompts.
- Creating headings or subheadings for a text.
- Writing questions for a text as a homework assignment .
- Exploring different perspectives on a particular issue or theme.
⚙️ How to Generate a Question from Text?
Our AI question generator from text has a simple interface that allows each student to create relatable questions in a few clicks. Here's a small guide on how to use the tool:
- Copy the text and paste it into the tool.
- Choose the number of questions you want to generate from 1 to 10.
- Click the "Make questions" button and wait for the results.
Question maker from text is free of charge, so you can generate as many questions as needed.
If you want to learn how to make practical questions for any text and improve your critical thinking , check out these valuable tips on question-crafting skills:
- Carefully read the text. Before formulating any questions, thoroughly read and comprehend the text you are working with.
- Identify critical information. Look for the text's central ideas, important details, and supporting evidence.
- Determine the question type. Common types include factual, inferential, evaluative, and interpretive questions. Understand the goal of your questions and choose appropriate types.
- Start with interrogative words . Begin questions with interrogative words such as who, what, when, where, why, and how. These words help frame the questions and guide your thinking.
- Include context. Provide necessary context from the text to ensure your questions are specific and clear. Contextual information helps the reader understand what you refer to in the text.
- Use the text's language. When formulating questions, draw from the language and vocabulary used in the text. This ensures your questions align with the content and style of the original text.
- Maintain focus and relevance. Ensure your questions stay focused on the topic of the text . Avoid tangential or unrelated queries to encourage more profound understanding.
- Check for clarity and coherence. Review your questions to ensure they are clear, concise, and coherent. Remove any ambiguities or misunderstandings that may arise from poorly phrased questions.
📝 Questions Generated from Text – Examples
Still wondering whether to give question maker from text a try? Here are some question examples that the tool generated based on three academic papers .
- How does a patient-centered approach to care impact the overall quality of healthcare delivery?
- How can healthcare professionals actively promote patient safety while maintaining high standards of quality care?
- How can healthcare organizations foster a culture of patient-centered care, quality improvement, and safe practice?
- What societal changes can be implemented to address the unique challenges of an aging population?
- How can governments and businesses adapt to support the changing needs and contributions of elderly individuals?
- In what ways does the growing elderly population reshape social structures and relationships within families and communities?
- Why is it essential to prioritize ethical considerations both in our personal lives and professional endeavors?
- How can individuals navigate challenging ethical dilemmas while maintaining integrity and accountability?
- How do societal expectations and cultural norms shape our understanding of ethics?
📣 Advantages of the Question Maker from Text
Many benefits make our AI question generator from text stand out among similar tools, such as:
If these capacities are not enough for you, try our professional research question maker .
❓ Free Question Generator from Text FAQ
❓ how to generate questions from text.
To generate questions from the text, you should read the text thoroughly and identify the main ideas and key details. Think of open-ended questions that require thoughtful responses. You can use specific examples from the text to support the questions and make them more relevant to the content. Revise the questions to ensure they are concise, clear, and meaningful.
❓ What app generates questions from the text?
Many apps based on AI algorithms allow you to generate questions based on any paragraph. One of them is our free online question maker from the text available on StudyCorgi. The tool can help you make clear and meaningful questions in a few clicks! It serves multiple purposes, including making research questions, enhancing reading comprehension, or preparing for a test.
❓ How do I turn a sentence into a question?
To turn a sentence into a question, think about the purpose of the question. This will influence the choice of question words, such as who, what, when, where, why, or how. Identify the keywords in the sentence and use them in the questions to make them relevant to the content. Make sure your question is clear and reflects the original meaning.
❓ What are good research questions?
Good research questions are focused, specific, and relevant to the topic of study. They should be clear and concise, addressing a particular problem or gap in knowledge. Good research questions are also measurable, allowing for data collection and analysis. They should be open-ended, promote exploration, and generate meaningful insights.
- How to Write Questions | Evaluation & Research | Stanford
- Developing research questions - Library Monash University
- Generating Questions
- Examples of Good and Bad Research Questions | YourDictionary
- Writing a Good Research Question
Get Your Thesis Wrapped Up
Make your failproof thesis a reality, with vast academic expertise behind your work. Our team of writers with advanced degrees across the spectrum is available 24/7 to help you make the last step on your way to graduation.
Formulate the general idea you’re going to discuss in your paper.
Give a clear answer to the research question. What are the results?
Give reasons. You need to persuade the readers.
Try to provide some data: statistics, official reports, etc.
Usually, thesis statements are quite debatable, so you should mention the opposing arguments.
1. Even though the quality of free healthcare can be lower, free universal healthcare means free access to health services for all. People get an opportunity to have all necessary treatment with is great, considering that 45 million Americans don’t have access to qualified health services.
2. Provided that 45 million Americans don’t have access to qualified health services, more people will be able to have all necessary treatment with free universal healthcare that provides free access to health services for all.
3. Free universal healthcare means free access to health services for all, so people will be able to get an opportunity to have all the necessary treatment, including 45 million Americans who don’t have access to qualified health services.
4. Regardless of the fact that the quality of free healthcare services can be lower, free universal healthcare will mean free access to health services for all, including 45 million Americans who cannot afford health insurance.
Free Thesis Generator: How to Create a Winning Thesis Online
When working on a research paper, one of the most crucial parts is writing a thesis statement. However, many students find it challenging to write good thesis statements. Now, you do not have to look at your computer screen wondering where to start, or ask someone "can you write my thesis " - because the thesis statement generator has come to the rescue. It only takes about two minutes to craft the best thesis statement for research paper. Using this thesis statement help is simple, straightforward, and free!
Thesis Generator for Research Paper: How Does it Work?
If you have been struggling to craft thesis statements for your papers in the past, you might be tempted to think that using this thesis statement generator is complicated, but it is not. The thesis statement maker was crafted by experts in academic writing. Therefore, they perfectly understand how to write a thesis statement and ensured you can use the generator to create all types of thesis statements as fast as possible. Here is a demonstration of how to make a thesis statement (without buying PhD thesis ) using the generator in five simple steps.
- State your topic.
- Put down the main idea of your research paper.
- Include important facts that support your paper conclusion.
- Provide additional reasons supporting the main idea that you are conveying.
- Introduce the main counterargument to the main idea.
Once you have added the required information, click the icon "generate your thesis," and you will get the best thesis for your paper.
Research Paper Types
As you focus on crafting the best thesis using the thesis generator, it is also important to understand the different types of research papers. This is crucial because the thesis statement you select will also depend on the type of research paper that you are working on. Research papers fall into several categories:
- Analytical Research Paper: In this type of research paper, you pose a question and then gather related data from experts. Finally, you analyze the data and draw your conclusion on the selected topic.
- Argumentative Research Paper: This category of research paper requires you to present two sides of a topic. Depending on the topic, you have to persuade the reader to agree with your stand, either supporting one side of the topic or demonstrating they are balanced.
- Definition Research Paper: As the name suggests, this type of research paper mainly focuses on describing facts or objective arguments. Unlike in an argumentative paper, a definition paper does not require you to add a personal opinion.
- Compare and Contrast Paper: When writing a compare and contrast paper, you analyze the difference between two subjects, viewpoints, stories, or authors. Ensure to describe both sides in sufficiently in your research paper.
These are the commonest research papers students are required to write in college. But, they are not the only ones. Others include cause and effect papers, interpretive papers, survey research papers, and experimental research papers.
Types of Thesis Statements
Now that you know how to use a thesis generator for research paper, it is also crucial to understand that thesis fall in different categories. Notably, the thesis you use largely depends on the nature of the research paper you are working on. Here are the main ones:
Analytical Thesis Statement
In this type of thesis, you state the subject being analyzed and demonstrate how it will be broken down. Here are some good thesis statement examples.
- An analysis of the process of college admission shows one primary challenge facing counselors: accepting students with strong extracurricular backgrounds or who have high test scores.
- While World War I had different causes, growing nationalism fomented the sense of aggression that ignited the war and its proliferation.
- The process of metamorphosis helps to signify the class struggles of an organism to break away from a life of being oppressed.
Thesis Statement for Informative Speech
An informative thesis statement breaks down your main topic into different sections. So, it is necessary to start by breaking down the speech into a meaningful structure. Here are some examples:
- The internet works as a method of expediently connecting people in the entire globe, encouraging new friendships and exchange of ideas that would not have happened before its inception.
- Given the tough surgery and lifelong transformation they endure, kidney donors should be comprehensively compensated for their outstanding acts of self-sacrifice.
- The literature from the Soviet Union mainly uses strategies of realism to show the proletariat as hard-working and happy.
Expository Thesis Statement
An expository thesis statement brings out the aspects of the topic that you are developing in the order that you will list them. See the examples of thesis statement about bullying and films.
- The bullying in high schools is the major reason for the learner’s poor educational progress.
- Most John Hughes films feature high school students from all walks of life. The elements of teen romance and memorable soundtracks help to bring out the theme of teen anxiety.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) raises the risk of arterial fibrillation (irregular heartbeat) and stroke.
Argumentative Thesis Statement
An argumentative thesis statement highlights your claim and how your research paper supports that claim. Here are some good argumentative thesis statement examples.
- Cities in the US should close down all public libraries since they consume a lot of tax money and have become obsolete institutions because of the current advances in technology.
- At least 30% of the US federal budget should be channeled into limiting pollution.
- Shakespeares’s Taming of the Shrew utilizes disguise, humor, and social roles to criticize the lack of power women had in Elizabethan England.
To understand the structure of a thesis, it is important to go back to the beginning and answer these questions: “What is a thesis statement?” and “How long is a thesis statement?” A thesis statement generalizes your stand about the topic you are writing about in one or two sentences. The main parts of a thesis statement are the comments on your stand and the central message. Make sure to be as concise as possible to help the reader understand what to anticipate in the rest of the research paper.
Writing a good thesis statement for compare and contrast essay, argumentative, or other type of essays is the first step in raking more marks. Remember that you can always use the thesis generator for fast and professional thesis writing help for a research paper.
Take a Free Sneak Peek
Need proof of our expertise? Know exactly what your custom written thesis or dissertation will look like.
“Oh man, I wish I'd found you guys sooner. It took me 4 months to write a draft but my advisor basically said it was all garbage. The one your writer did though? Just a few small tweaks and I got a high pass.”
writers versed in every subject and topic!
Never Miss Out
Have a language expert improve your writing
Run a free plagiarism check in 10 minutes, generate accurate citations for free.
- Knowledge Base
- How to Write a Thesis Statement | 4 Steps & Examples
How to Write a Thesis Statement | 4 Steps & Examples
Published on January 11, 2019 by Shona McCombes . Revised on August 15, 2023 by Eoghan Ryan.
A thesis statement is a sentence that sums up the central point of your paper or essay . It usually comes near the end of your introduction .
Your thesis will look a bit different depending on the type of essay you’re writing. But the thesis statement should always clearly state the main idea you want to get across. Everything else in your essay should relate back to this idea.
You can write your thesis statement by following four simple steps:
- Start with a question
- Write your initial answer
- Develop your answer
- Refine your thesis statement
Table of contents
What is a thesis statement, placement of the thesis statement, step 1: start with a question, step 2: write your initial answer, step 3: develop your answer, step 4: refine your thesis statement, types of thesis statements, other interesting articles, frequently asked questions about thesis statements.
A thesis statement summarizes the central points of your essay. It is a signpost telling the reader what the essay will argue and why.
The best thesis statements are:
- Concise: A good thesis statement is short and sweet—don’t use more words than necessary. State your point clearly and directly in one or two sentences.
- Contentious: Your thesis shouldn’t be a simple statement of fact that everyone already knows. A good thesis statement is a claim that requires further evidence or analysis to back it up.
- Coherent: Everything mentioned in your thesis statement must be supported and explained in the rest of your paper.
Here's why students love Scribbr's proofreading services
Discover proofreading & editing
The thesis statement generally appears at the end of your essay introduction or research paper introduction .
The spread of the internet has had a world-changing effect, not least on the world of education. The use of the internet in academic contexts and among young people more generally is hotly debated. For many who did not grow up with this technology, its effects seem alarming and potentially harmful. This concern, while understandable, is misguided. The negatives of internet use are outweighed by its many benefits for education: the internet facilitates easier access to information, exposure to different perspectives, and a flexible learning environment for both students and teachers.
You should come up with an initial thesis, sometimes called a working thesis , early in the writing process . As soon as you’ve decided on your essay topic , you need to work out what you want to say about it—a clear thesis will give your essay direction and structure.
You might already have a question in your assignment, but if not, try to come up with your own. What would you like to find out or decide about your topic?
For example, you might ask:
After some initial research, you can formulate a tentative answer to this question. At this stage it can be simple, and it should guide the research process and writing process .
Prevent plagiarism. Run a free check.
Now you need to consider why this is your answer and how you will convince your reader to agree with you. As you read more about your topic and begin writing, your answer should get more detailed.
In your essay about the internet and education, the thesis states your position and sketches out the key arguments you’ll use to support it.
The negatives of internet use are outweighed by its many benefits for education because it facilitates easier access to information.
In your essay about braille, the thesis statement summarizes the key historical development that you’ll explain.
The invention of braille in the 19th century transformed the lives of blind people, allowing them to participate more actively in public life.
A strong thesis statement should tell the reader:
- Why you hold this position
- What they’ll learn from your essay
- The key points of your argument or narrative
The final thesis statement doesn’t just state your position, but summarizes your overall argument or the entire topic you’re going to explain. To strengthen a weak thesis statement, it can help to consider the broader context of your topic.
These examples are more specific and show that you’ll explore your topic in depth.
Your thesis statement should match the goals of your essay, which vary depending on the type of essay you’re writing:
- In an argumentative essay , your thesis statement should take a strong position. Your aim in the essay is to convince your reader of this thesis based on evidence and logical reasoning.
- In an expository essay , you’ll aim to explain the facts of a topic or process. Your thesis statement doesn’t have to include a strong opinion in this case, but it should clearly state the central point you want to make, and mention the key elements you’ll explain.
If you want to know more about AI tools , college essays , or fallacies make sure to check out some of our other articles with explanations and examples or go directly to our tools!
- Ad hominem fallacy
- Post hoc fallacy
- Appeal to authority fallacy
- False cause fallacy
- Sunk cost fallacy
- Choosing Essay Topic
- Write a College Essay
- Write a Diversity Essay
- College Essay Format & Structure
- Comparing and Contrasting in an Essay
- Grammar Checker
- Paraphrasing Tool
- Text Summarizer
- AI Detector
- Plagiarism Checker
- Citation Generator
A thesis statement is a sentence that sums up the central point of your paper or essay . Everything else you write should relate to this key idea.
The thesis statement is essential in any academic essay or research paper for two main reasons:
- It gives your writing direction and focus.
- It gives the reader a concise summary of your main point.
Without a clear thesis statement, an essay can end up rambling and unfocused, leaving your reader unsure of exactly what you want to say.
Follow these four steps to come up with a thesis statement :
- Ask a question about your topic .
- Write your initial answer.
- Develop your answer by including reasons.
- Refine your answer, adding more detail and nuance.
The thesis statement should be placed at the end of your essay introduction .
Cite this Scribbr article
If you want to cite this source, you can copy and paste the citation or click the “Cite this Scribbr article” button to automatically add the citation to our free Citation Generator.
McCombes, S. (2023, August 15). How to Write a Thesis Statement | 4 Steps & Examples. Scribbr. Retrieved November 8, 2023, from https://www.scribbr.com/academic-essay/thesis-statement/
Is this article helpful?
Other students also liked, how to write an essay introduction | 4 steps & examples, how to write topic sentences | 4 steps, examples & purpose, academic paragraph structure | step-by-step guide & examples, what is your plagiarism score.
Research Question Generator for Students
Our online topic question generator is a free tool that creates topic questions in no time. It can easily make an endless list of random research questions based on your query.
Can't decide on the topic question for your project? Check out our free topic question generator and get a suitable research question in 3 steps!
Please try again with some different keywords.
- 👉 Why Use Our Tool?
💡 What Is a Topic Question?
✒️ how to write a research question.
- 📜 Research Question Example
👉 why use our topic question generator.
Our research topic question generator is worth using for several reasons:
- It saves you time. You can develop many ideas and formulate research questions for all of them within seconds.
- It is entirely free. Our tool doesn’t have any limits, probation periods, or subscription plans. Use it as much as you want and don’t pay a cent.
- It is download- and registration-free. Use it in any browser from any device. No applications are needed. You also don’t have to submit any personal data.
- It’s easy to use. You can see an explanation for every step next to each field you need to fill in.
- You can easily check yourself. Spend a couple of seconds to check your research question on logic and coherence.
A research topic question is a question you aim to answer while researching and writing your paper. It states the matter you study and the hypothesis you will prove or disprove. This question shares your assumptions and goals, giving your readers a basic understanding of your paper’s content.
It also helps you focus while researching and gives your research scope and limitations. Of course, your research question needs to be relevant to your study subject and attractive to you. Any paper will lack an objective and specificity without an adequately stated research question.
Research Topic Vs. Research Topic Question
‘Research topic’ and ‘research question’ are different concepts that are often confused.
Research Question Types: Quantitative and Qualitative
Another essential differentiation to know – there are quantitative and qualitative research questions.
- Quantitative research questions are more specific and number-oriented . They seek clear answers such as “yes” or “no,” a number, or another straightforward solution. Example: How many senior high school students in New York failed to achieve the desired SAT scores due to stress factors?
- Qualitative research questions can be broader and more flexible. They seek an explanation of phenomena rather than a short answer. Example: What is the role of stress factors in the academic performance of high school senior students who reside in New York?
Now let’s get to know how to create your own research question. This skill will help you structure your papers more efficiently.
Step 1: Choose Your Research Topic
If you’ve already received general guidelines from your instructor, find a specific area of knowledge that interests you. It shouldn’t be too broad or too narrow. You can divide it into sub-topics and note them. Discuss your topic with someone or brainstorm to get more ideas. You can write down all your thoughts and extract potential issues from this paragraph or text.
Step 2: Research
After you’ve chosen a topic, do preliminary research . Search for keywords relevant to your topics to see what current discussions are in the scientific community. It will be easier for you to cross out those ideas that are already researched too well. In addition, you might spot some knowledge gaps that you can later fill in. We recommend avoiding poorly researched areas unless you are confident you can rely solely on the data you gather.
Step 3: Narrow Your Topic
At this stage, you already have some knowledge about the matter. You can tell good ideas from bad ones and formulate a couple of research questions. Leave only the best options that you actually want to proceed with. You can create several draft variations of your top picks and research them again. Depending on the results you get, you can leave the best alternatives for the next step.
Step 4: Evaluate What You’ve Got
Evaluate your topics by these criteria:
- Clarity . Check if there are any vague details and consider adjusting them.
- Focus . Your research matter should be unambiguous , without other interpretations.
- Complexity . A good topic research question shouldn’t be too difficult or too easy.
- Ethics . Your ideas and word choice shouldn’t be prejudiced or offensive.
- Relevance . Your hypothesis and research question should correspond with current discussions.
- Feasibility . Make sure you can conduct the research that will answer your question.
Step 5: Edit Your Research Question
Now you can create the final version of your research question. Use our tool to compare your interpretation with the one produced by artificial intelligence. Though you might change it based on your findings, you must create a perfect statement now. You need to make it as narrow as possible. If you don’t know how to make it more specific, leave it till you get the first research results.
📜 Research Question Generator: Examples
Compare a good and bad research question to understand the importance of following all rules:
Thank you for reading till the end. We hope you found the information and tool useful for your studies. Don’t forget to share it with your peers, and good luck with your paper!
- The Writing Center | How to Write a Research Question | Research Based Writing
- How to Write a Research Question: Types, Steps, and Examples | Research.com
- Pick a Topic & Develop a Research Question – CSI Library at CUNY College of Staten Island Library
How would you rate Smodin?
Help us improve Smodin by leaving us feedback!
Powered by CHATin
Max Limit Reached (3 / week)
Smodin's thesis generator: the ultimate tool for crafting a winning thesis.
Generate a thesis statement, or a multi-part thesis in just a click with our Thesis Generator. Quickly find sources for your thesis with our AI Research tool to produce a scholarly quality thesis.
Smodin's Free Thesis Generator & Thesis Statement Writer
If you're struggling to come up with a thesis statement for your research paper, Smodin's free thesis generator can help. Our innovative tool uses advanced AI algorithms to quickly generate thesis statements based on your topic and requirements. With Smodin Thesis generator, you can save time and effort while ensuring your thesis statement is clear, concise, and on-point.
How Smodin's Free Thesis Generator Works
Smodin's free thesis generator uses advanced AI algorithms to quickly and accurately generate thesis statements based on your topic and requirements. To use our tool, simply input your topic or subject, choose the type of paper you're writing, and select the main idea you want to convey in your thesis statement.
How To use Smodin Thesis Statement Writer
Using Smodin's free thesis generator is simple and easy, and can save you valuable time and effort when writing a research paper. With our tool, you can generate high-quality thesis statements quickly and efficiently, giving you more time to focus on analysis and writing. So why not give Smodin's free thesis generator a try today and see how it can benefit your research paper writing process.
Tips for Using Smodin's Free Thesis Generator
To get the most out of Smodin's free thesis generator, input a clear and concise topic or keywords to ensure accurate results. Refine and edit the generated thesis statement to ensure it fits your research paper perfectly, and use it as a starting point for your own research and writing. With these tips in mind, you can streamline the process of generating a thesis statement and produce high-quality research papers that meet your specific requirements and style.
Why Smodin's Free Thesis Generator is the Perfect Tool for Students and Researchers
Smodin's free thesis generator is an essential tool for students and researchers looking to streamline the process of writing a research paper. With advanced AI algorithms, our tool quickly generates clear and concise thesis statements based on your topic and requirements, ensuring your research paper is of the highest quality.
In addition to saving time and effort, using Smodin's free thesis generator ensures your thesis statement is well-crafted and effective. With our tool, you can focus on conducting thorough research and crafting a compelling argument, rather than getting bogged down in the preliminary stages of the writing process.
© 2023 Smodin LLC
Ai-powered research hypothesis generator.
- Scientific Research: Generate a hypothesis for your experimental or observational study based on your research question.
- Academic Studies: Formulate a hypothesis for your thesis, dissertation, or academic paper.
- Market Research: Develop a hypothesis for your market research study to understand consumer behavior or market trends.
- Social Science Research: Create a hypothesis for your social science research to explore societal or behavioral patterns.
- Visit the tool's page .
- Enter your research question into the provided field.
- Click the 'Generate' button to let the AI generate a hypothesis based on your research question.
- Review the generated hypothesis and adjust it as necessary to fit your research context and objectives.
- Copy and paste the hypothesis into your research proposal, paper, or project documentation.