Medical Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
Medical Compare and Contrast Essay Topics: If you are looking for the best medical topics to compare and contrast a look at the below topics will give you one or two suitable topics.
In this kind of essay, two or more subjects are analyzed. On one hand when you compare you outline the similarities of the topic while contrasting means you give the differences.
1. Male vasectomy vs Female tubal ligation
2. Otolaryngologist vs Ophthalmologist
3. Normal delivery vs Caesarean section
4. Free Health Care vs Paid Health Care
5. Vaccination or Medication
6. Who is more engaged: nurse or doctor
7. Prevention vs Treatment
8. Modern treatment vs Traditional treatment
Read: Medical Persuasive Speech Topics
9. Mobile clinics vs Local hospital
10. Eyes glasses vs Contact lenses
11. Homecare vs Hospital care
12. Canadian Health Care vs American Health Care
13. Female doctors’ vs male doctors
14. Female nurses’ vs Male nurses
15. Therapeutic or operations in cancer curing.
16. Obstetricians vs Gynecologists
17. Becoming a doctor vs becoming Surgeon, compare and contract
Find Also: Types of Doctors and Salaries
Compare and Contrast Health Topics
1. 3-D Imaging vs traditional body limb replacements
2. Comment on the Right to Die and Right to Live
3. Should doctors stent or not stent to manage blocked arteries –give reasons?
4. To vaccinate or analyze each side and present accurate results
5. Universal health care or not
6. Wheat or Corn grain, which one offers better nutrients?
7. Psychologists vs Psychiatrists-the comparisons and differences
8. Nurse practitioners vs General practitioners. The similarities and differences
9. Regarding medical history and privacy concerns-at, at what stage does it become a subject of care and not of privacy?
10. Food additives vs Natural additives regarding health matters.
Read: Medical Topics for Informative Speech
11. Dieting vs Exercise for weight loss
12. Cancer vs AIDS, which one is worse?
13. Diet vs Genetics, compare and contract effects on body weight.
14. Gastric bypass vs diet, compare and contrast the health matters in each case
15. Plastic surgery vs Make up
16. Covid 19 lockdown or Covid 19 vaccination, compare and contrast effectiveness in reducing the infection rate.
Read: Compare and Contrast Essay Topics for College Students
17. Rats vs monkeys as guinea pigs in medical research, which one seems more acceptable
18. Gonorrhea vs Syphilis- infection rate, transmission mode, and how it is treated.
19. Compare and contrast a hospitalist and an outpatient primary care physician
20. Chickenpox in childhood and chickenpox in adulthood. Compare and contract
21. Covid 19 symptoms vs Flu symptoms
22. Comparisons and differences between acid reflux and irritable bowel syndrome.
Read: Medical Research Paper Topics
Conclusion: Medical Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
In the medical field, having Medical related compare and contrast essay allows the students to comprehend a topic better. If you are a medical student comparisons and contrasting topics will allow retaining information for a longer time. Many college professors like to use comparative methods of teaching to aid students to remember the information better. As mentioned Compare and Contrast Essay deals with two or more subjects. Usually, those two subjects should refer to one type of field. In rare cases will topics come from two unrelated fields. For example, Literature and medicine. The above Healthcare Compare and Contrast Essay Topics will allow come up with an excellent essay.
Betty is a qualified teacher with a Bachelor of Education (Arts). In addition, she is a registered Certified Public Accountant. She has been teaching and offering part-time accounting services for the last 10 years. She is passionate about education, accounting, writing, and traveling.
As we all know, essay writing is an important part of a student’s academic life. During the course of their journey, each student has to write at least a handful of essays . Consequently, they may be a part of the academic curriculum or maybe a requisite for some extracurricular activity or other.
Thus, the bottom line is that essay writing is an essential part of getting good grades in academics. As a result, compare and contrast essay topics for 2023 are exciting and thought-provoking.
Like other essays, compare and contrast essays are also very important for the cognitive growth of an individual. Additionally, compare-contrast essays are important because they enable students to enlist the positive and negative sides of any subject at hand. Subsequently, once students are able to understand both sides of the story, their learning is more comprehensive and robust.
What are Compare and Contrast Essays?
As the name suggests, compare and contrast essays focus on comparison and contrast. As a form of academic assignment, compare and contrast essays discuss two or more subjects. Subsequently, the objective is to explore and produce differences and similarities in the subjects at hand.
Let us Guide To The College Essay with a small example here. Suppose you have to prepare a compare and contrast essay on the topic ‘Growing up in a nuclear family, v/s growing up in a joint family’ The essay should explore sub-topics on similarities, for instance, the presence of immediate relations (parents, siblings, etc). Additionally, it should discuss the differences like the social and emotional connection with grandparents, etc.
Building a Compare and Contrast Essay
If you have to build a compare and contrast essay, you should break down the phrase into individual words. Compare here refers to identifying the similarities that exist in the 2 unique subjects you have chosen. The similarities can vary in nature, scope, degree, and magnitude. The only rule of thumb is that some commonalities must exist.
The similarities, thus, become the basis of comparison. The other part discusses the contrast. As the name suggests, contrast refers to differences between the subjects in hand. As two unique topics of discussion, these subjects will have ample differences to discuss and elucidate. Therefore, compare and contrast essays are all about understanding and highlighting what is common and what is different between two topics.
The process is not extremely complex, though you may need expert guidance for it. If you feel the same, you can get in touch with Instasolving Assignment help services for personalized assistance on essay writing.
How to pick Compare and contrast essay topics for 2023?
Picking the right compare-and-contrast essay topics for 2023 is an important task. The key point is to ensure that the two subjects you pick have a relation to share. For instance, if you pick 2 subjects like ‘why dogs bark’ and ‘ humans on the moon, building a compare and contrast essay is impossible. The reason simply is that these two subjects can neither be compared nor contrasted.
Therefore, if you are picking compare and contrast essay topics for 2023, make sure that the topics have something in common. However, you also need to make sure that they are not identical in nature. In such a situation, you will be unable to distinguish between the two. Thus, you will not be able to contrast the subjects. This will again defeat the purpose of a compare and contrast essay.
Write a winning essay
To write a winning essay, divide it into the proper sections. Introduce your essay by highlighting why you think the subjects at hand should be compared and contrasted. Consequently, this is set the tone of the essay. Next in line would be to deal with the two sections on comparison and contrast. Again, divide these broader sections into sub-sections grouping together various categories of similarities and differences.
It might be a good idea to add facts and figures to your essay, wherever possible, to lend it authenticity. When you are building on your comparison section, think as though you are defending your stand from someone who can only see differences between the two subjects. Imagine you have to convince them of the similarities. Similarly, focus on advocating differences to a believer in the commonalities of the subjects when working on the contrast. If you are absolutely clear about how the two or more subjects in hand are related and how they are similar or different from one another, writing a compare and contrast essay will be a piece of cake for you. Whereas, if you still find it difficult to write an essay, you can seek help from essay writing services .
Compare and contrast essay topics for 2023
At this point, it might be a good idea to take a sneak peek at the top Compare and contrast essay topics for 2023. Make sure to pick a topic that you can build both sides on. Simply focusing on either comparison or contrast will not solve your purpose.
Compare and contrast essay topics for 2023 on Healthcare
- To use chemical drugs or not
- Homeopathic vs allopathic medication
- Using alternative healthcare or not
- Psychologist vs psychiatrist: What’s the difference?
- Medicines vs natural remedies
- Plastic surgery or not
- Clinics or hospitals: Better for care?
- Female vs male doctors
- Mobile healthcare units or stationary clinics
- Care at hospital vs care at home
Compare and contrast essay topics for 2023 on Technology
- iOS or android
- Mobile phones vs tablets
- Netflix vs amazon prime
- Facebook vs Twitter
- 3D movies or 4D movies
- To be on social media or not
- Conversations with humans or bots
- E-learning vs classroom learning
- Apple or One Plus
- Machine learning or IoT
Compare and contrast essay topics for 2023 in College
- Saving money or not
- Getting a part-time job vs partying in college
- High school vs college
- Public vs private college
- E-books or textbooks
- Virtual vs real classrooms
- Cloud classrooms or not
- Picking the right disciplines and career success
- Attending classes vs attending seminars
- Taking college seriously or not
Compare and contrast essay topics for 2023 on the Economy
- Economics as a compulsory discipline or not
- Economic growth and political unrest
- Importance of understanding economics vs no need
- Economics vs sociology
- Economy vs Economics
- Economics or business studies
- Economic upliftment vs better standard of living
- Economic growth or per capita income
- Rich vs poor
- Economic growth: good or bad?
Compare and contrast essay topics for 2023 on Politics
- Monarchy vs democracy
- Capitalism vs communism
- Socialism vs communism
- Free trade: merits and demerits
- Presidential system or parliamentary system
- The political system of the US vs the UK
- Legislature vs executive
- Fundamental rights or directive principles of state policy
- Equal opportunities vs affirmative action
- Freedom of expression and restraints on freedom
Compare and contrast essay topics for 2023 on Education
- Theory vs practical
- Research paper writing or creative writing
- A study from home vs studying in school
- Homework help online or home tuition
- Indian vs American education system
- Professional vs vocational courses: What’s better?
- Oral learning vs written learning
- Collaborative Writing or Essay Generator
- Report writing vs research paper writing
- What is easier: learning from books or learning from the internet?
- Visiting the library or studying in the room: what is more productive?
Compare and contrast essay topics for 2023 in Sports
- Football vs basketball
- Marathons vs walkathons
- Indoor sports or outdoor sports
- Spending time in sports vs studying
- Early morning workout vs late night workout
- Running vs gymming
- Exercising at home or exercising at the gym
- Tennis vs badminton
- Rugby vs Soccer
- Indigenous sports or modern sports
Compare and contrast essay topics for 2023 on Career
- Joining a startup vs joining a corporate
- Higher education or job
- Working as a freelancer or an employee
- Joining an MNC vs a small organization
- Marketing or sales
- Engineering or Medical
- Science vs arts
- Spending or saving your first salary
- Internship vs fellowship
- Stipend vs salary
Compare and contrast essay topics for 2023 on Teenagers
- Paying for college or getting a scholarship
- Life in high school vs life in college
- Online tuition or home tuition
- Getting a college degree or getting a job
- Working in college vs freelancing in college
- Spending money on education vs spending money on fun
- Math vs English: which class is easier?
- Community projects vs school games
- Extracurricular activities vs academics
- Boys vs girls: differences in behavior
Compare and contrast essay topics for 2023 on Science
- Physics vs chemistry: what’s better for you
- Mechanical Homework help vs chemical help: which topic of engineering to choose
- Renewable energy vs nonrenewable energy
- Plastic vs paper
- Traditional methods or modern scientific methods
- Nuclear power or other forms of energy
- Hurricanes vs tornadoes
- Herbs vs shrubs vs trees
- Mammals vs reptiles
- Bacteria or viruses
Are you stuck in writing your compare and contrast essay and the deadline is approaching? Just shift the pressure to our shoulders at TutorBin . Our expert writers have in-depth knowledge about a range of subjects and can deliver state-of-the-art essays on the top compare and contrast essay topics for 2023. So if you ever find yourself stuck and unable to write the top essays, count on us. We will make sure that you submit the best compare-and-contrast essays and get the best grades.
Our Trending Services >> Homework Help | Assignment Help | Live Sessions | Do My Essay | Write My Essay | Essay Writing Help | Lab Report Help | Project Report Help | Essay Generator | Speech Writing Service | Presentation Writing Service | Video Solutions | Pay Someone To Do My Homework
Our Popular Subjects >> Math Homework Help | Physics Homework Help | Chemistry Homework Help | Civil Engineering Homework Help | Finance Homework Help | Electrical Engineering Homework Help | Mechanical Engineering Homework Help | Computer Science Homework Help | Economics Homework Help | Calculus Homework Help | Fluid Mechanics Homework Help
- E- Learning
- Online Learning
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
Comment * NEXT
Save my name and email in this browser for the next time I comment.
Wow, fantastic blog format! How long have you ever been running a blog for? you make blogging look easy. The entire look of your site is wonderful, as well as the content ! !
Wow, incredible blog layout! How lengthy have you ever been running a blog for? you make blogging look easy. The entire look of your website is magnificent, let alone the content ! !
Nice post. Keep posting such amazing post so that I can enhance my knowledge through this type of articles.
Practice all that you can.
Training alone allows you to work on your unique problems away from the field.
You can make a tabbed zone that will contain the articles you feel are important for each category.
I am sure this paragraph has touched all the internet users, its really really good post on building up new webpage.
Great work! This is the type of info that should be shared around the web. Shame on Google for not positioning this post higher! Come on over and visit my site . Thanks =)
Just wish to say your article is as amazing. The clearness in your publish is simply nice and i can suppose you’re an expert on this subject. Fine along with your permission allow me to take holld of your RSS feed to keep updated with approaching post. Thank you 1,000,000 and please keep up the enjoyable work.
I really like and appreciate your article post.Much thanks again. Really Cool.
Thanks for any other fantastic article. Where else could anybody get that type of information in such a perfect means of writing? I’ve a presentation subsequent week, and I’m on the search for such information.
f5i.org will be like GenZ in the village of shorteners. Although “young,” this is a tool you should not ignore for shortening URLs because of its ability to integrate the latest features such as the ability to analyze user behavior via clicks.
I love it when individuals get together and share views. Great blog, continue the good work!
Spot on with this write-up, I actually think this web site needs far more attention. I’ll probably be returning to read more, thanks for the info!
What’s up, I log on to your new stuff like every week. Your humoristic style is witty, keep up the good work!
Hello there, I discovered your web site by means of Google whilst searching for a similar matter, your web site got here up, it looks great. I’ve bookmarked it in my google bookmarks. Hello there, simply become aware of your weblog via Google, and found that it’s really informative. I am going to be careful for brussels. I’ll be grateful if you happen to proceed this in future. Numerous people can be benefited out of your writing. Cheers!
Hi there, I enjoy reading all of your article. I like to write a little comment to support you.
I was curious if you ever considered changing the page layout of your site? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say. But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one or 2 pictures. Maybe you could space it out better?
Hmm is anyone else having problems with the images on this blog loading? I’m trying to find out if its a problem on my end or if it’s the blog. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Fabulous, what a webpage іt іѕ! This webpage gives helpful facts to սs, keep it up.
Greetings from Florida! I’m bored to death at work so I decided to check out your website on my iphone during lunch break. I love the knowledge you provide here and can’t wait to take a look when I get home. I’m shocked at how quick your blog loaded on my phone .. I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhow, superb site!
Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well written article. I’ll make sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I will certainly comeback.
WOW just what I was looking for.
I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I do not know who you are but certainly you are going to a famous blogger if you are not already 😉 Cheers!
I’m extremely pleased to discover this website. I wanted to thank you for ones time for this particularly fantastic read!! I definitely liked every little bit of it and I have you book-marked to look at new stuff in your web site.
This post will help the internet users for setting up new blog or even a weblog from start to end.
For most up-to-date information you have to go to see world-wide-web and on the web I found this web site as a most excellent website for newest updates.
Howdy! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I truly enjoy reading through your articles. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same subjects? Thank you so much!
Your means of describing everything in this article is truly pleasant, every one can easily know it, Thanks a lot.
This article probably wont do well with that crowd.
Hi there I am so thrilled I found your website, I really found you by error, while I was searching on Bing for something else, Anyhow I am here now and would just like to say thanks a lot for a remarkable post and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read it all at the minute but I have book-marked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the great work.
What’s up everyone, it’s my first pay a quick visit at this web site, and article is in fact fruitful designed for me, keep up posting these types of articles.
Cool blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere? A theme like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog stand out. Please let me know where you got your design. Many thanks
You May Also Like
Why Is It Important To Paraphrase
How to Choose and Start the Right Programming Language for Your Project
Top 5 Ways To Learn Coding
From Struggling to Thriving: How a Math Helper Can Transform Your Math Homework Experience
The Ultimate Guide to Computer Science Project Topics and Ideas for Students
Online homework help, get homework help.
Get Answer within 15-30 minutes
Check out our free tool Math Problem Solver
About tutorbin, what do we do.
We offer an array of online homework help and other services for our students and tutors to choose from based on their needs and expertise. As an integrated platform for both tutors and students, we provide real time sessions, online assignment and homework help and project work assistance.
Who are we?
TutorBin is an integrated online homework help and tutoring platform serving as a one stop solution for students and online tutors. Students benefit from the experience and domain knowledge of global subject matter experts.
Comparison of Healthcare Systems
Healthcare systems are important structures in any nation because they ensure that people and communities have good health. The systems ensure that individuals are physically, socially, and mentally healthier. Additionally, the healthcare systems respond to find solutions to any arising public health issues like pandemics. Healthcare systems vary from one nation to another. Nevertheless, all healthcare systems worldwide share a common goal of ensuring that healthcare is readily available and accessible to all people in a particular country (Hannawa et al., 2021). Therefore, this paper aims to compare the Germany and United States healthcare systems. Also, the paper will compare the healthcare systems in France and Britain. The key differences and similarities guide the comparison of the healthcare systems. Lastly, this paper will highlight the disadvantages which can impact patient care in all the systems.
Germany versus the United States Health Care Systems
In Germany, the healthcare system is guided by a social insurance framework that requires all employers and workers to contribute (Achstetter et al., 2022). The system supports universal coverage where everyone can access healthcare regardless of earnings and health status. According to research by Hannawa et al. (2021), healthcare professionals ensure that the system is highly managed and that all people seeking medical assistance are helped. In contrast, the United States healthcare system allows private and public insurance (Zieff et al., 2020). Private insurance allows people to buy their coverage, and employers provide it to their workers. According to Zieff et al. (2020), medicare for people aged 65 and above and those with low socioeconomic status is provided as public insurance.
Another difference between the two systems is the cost of accessing healthcare. The German healthcare system allows clients to negotiate prices to access healthcare services (Achstetter et al., 2022). When patients can negotiate prices based on what they have, and they access medical services, the cost will be low. Whereas in the United States, the system does not allow for negotiations on treatment costs (Zieff et al., 2020). The costs are very high. The high costs have affected many people, making the services inaccessible to people who might need help raising the cost.
Moreover, the administration is another important factor in accessing healthcare services. The German healthcare system allows for a less complex administrative process which allows patients to access medical help quickly and efficiently (Achstetter et al., 2022). Patients only need to have their insurance card to be assisted. In the United States, the administrative process is complex since it requires patients to navigate many insurance providers and make payments before they access medical assistance (Zieff et al., 2020).
The healthcare systems in Germany and the United States also have similarities. One of the similarities is the option of private insurance (Achstetter et al., 2022; Zieff et al., 2020). In the United States, private insurance is commonly the major source of coverage, while in Germany, it is used to augment statutory coverage.
Another similarity between the two systems is the quality of care they provide. The two nations provide high-quality healthcare to people (Achstetter et al., 2022; Zieff et al., 2020). The systems have been in the front to solve public issues like pandemics. The nations have invested in building quality healthcare facilities and facilities for doing medical research. It has made the two nations to be ranked high in providing healthcare assistance.
Lastly, the two nations’ healthcare systems face an aging population. The number of aged people seeking medical assistance is increasing daily (Achstetter et al., 2022; Zieff et al., 2020). The aging population has forced the healthcare systems in the two countries to strategize on providing long-term care and managing chronic diseases associated with the population.
France versus Britain Health Care System
The healthcare systems in France and Britain are the best in Europe. Despite the two have similarities, they have differences in providing medical assistance. One of the differences is how the systems raise funds to support the provision of medical services. In France, taxes, private healthcare insurance, and social security contributions are used to raise funds (Malone et al., 2021). In contrast, national insurance schemes and taxes are used to raise funds for the healthcare system in Britain (Law, 2022).
In France and Britain, the structure of the two systems is different. Commercial and public institutions are responsible for providing healthcare in France. The healthcare system in France is decentralized (Malone et al., 2021). Patients have complete autonomy in selecting their healthcare providers and facilities, while the government is responsible for regulating the prices of medications. On the other hand, providing medical care in Britain is the responsibility of the National Health Service (Law, 2022). The National Health Service (NHS) in the United Kingdom is an organization that is publicly funded and gives away free medical care to everyone in the country.
The waiting time for patients to access healthcare is another factor used to differentiate between the healthcare systems in France and Britain. In France, patients receive healthcare within a shorter period than in Britain (Malone et al., 2021). The difference is brought by how the nations invest in the healthcare system. Patients can access public and private medical professionals in France, which increases their chances of getting medical care. Also, with many professionals, the competition for healthcare is high, which reduces wait times. Nevertheless, Research by Law (2022) shows that the National Health Service is Britain’s primary healthcare provider.
Moreover, the differences between the two systems are seen in how the two systems handle the prescription of drugs. In France, the healthcare system is responsible for handling all the costs of prescription drugs (Malone et al., 2021). Conversely, the patients pay a small portion of the cost. Nevertheless, the system only allows the patients to pay a small cost. In contrast, the National Health Service in Britain is responsible for covering all the costs of prescription drugs. It means that patients do not have to use their money to pay any amount (Law, 2022). When patients pay some money from their pocket, it will reduce the costs they incur to access medication. In Britain, patients can access medication and treatment despite having no money.
Despite the differences in the healthcare systems, the two systems also have similarities. The two systems provide universal coverage for their people (Law, 2022; Malone et al., 2021). Universal coverage aims to provide care for the citizens and manage diseases. The two systems have a firm public health program providing citizens services. An example of the system is vaccination programs.
In addition, the governments of France and Britain ensure that all their citizens have access to medication (Law, 2022; Malone et al., 2021). In addition, the two healthcare systems aim to provide treatment to provide a healthier lifestyle and identify some healthcare issues. Moreover, the two systems have created programs for chronic diseases like cardiovascular disease.
Disadvantages Affecting Patients Care
Some challenges may require patients to access healthcare. One of the challenges is the time they wait to access medication in the healthcare system (Dawkins et al., 2021). The results of long-term waits are delays in accessing healthcare which may result in poor healthcare delivery. In addition, patients living in rural areas will be limited in accessing medication.
Moreover, limited resources may affect healthcare systems, impacting their effectiveness in ensuring that all their patients are satisfied (Dawkins et al., 2021). Some essential resources include skilled healthcare professionals, medications, and treatment equipment. In many nations, the budgeting for healthcare providers may be limited. When the countries do not fund the healthcare system, fewer resources will be available to provide effective care. Dawkins et al. (2021) state that more skilled professionals could be needed to improve service delivery. In other countries, patients will have to take long, travel distances in search of care. It will result in burnout, and the medical professionals will be overworked. Burnout and stress will limit service delivery.
Inequality in the healthcare system is another challenge limiting service delivery in many nations (Dawkins et al., 2021). People living in low-income, the disadvantaged, people with disabilities, and the minority may face challenges in accessing healthcare. When the healthcare system is not inclusive, the healthcare outcomes will be poor. Also, the inaccessibility in the healthcare system may be brought about by poor transportation, language differences, and a lack of strong insurance coverage. The system may not be inclusive because of discrimination, stigma, and bias, which limits access to healthcare (Dawkins et al., 2021). In addition, the disadvantaged may face social problems like insufficient food, poverty, and housing problems. This could result in more health-related problems like mental health issues.
Another challenge in the healthcare system which limits access to healthcare is medication errors (Dawkins et al., 2021). Medical errors are events that the healthcare system can prevent. Dawkins and colleagues illustrate that those errors in medication result in ineffective medication delivery. Incorrect diagnoses could result in poor treatment, worsening the patient’s health. Also, medication errors could lead to negative health problems, which may affect the life of the patients.
In conclusion, different nations have different healthcare systems. For instance, the healthcare system in Germany has universal coverage, while the healthcare system in the US is made of private and public insurance coverage. In addition, the healthcare system in France is decentralized, while the system in Britain is centralized. The NHS in Britain provides medical care for patients without any payment. Despite the differences in the healthcare systems in the four nations, all the systems aim at providing quality healthcare. In addition, the systems face similar challenges like high costs in healthcare, the aging population, and limited accessibility by minority groups. To solve the issues, governments should devise and implement policies that increase healthcare delivery, cover all patients, and ensure that all patients can access healthcare at affordable prices.
Achstetter, K., Blümel, M., Köppen, J., Hengel, P., & Busse, R. (2022). Assessment of health system performance in Germany: Survey‐based insights into the perspective of people with private health insurance. The International Journal of Health Planning and Management , 37 (6), 3103–3125. https://doi.org/10.1002/hpm.3541
Bhatt, J., & Bathija, P. (2018). Ensuring Access to Quality Health Care in Vulnerable Communities. Academic Medicine , 93 (9), 1271–1275. https://doi.org/10.1097/acm.0000000000002254
Dawkins, B., Renwick, C., Ensor, T., Shinkins, B., Jayne, D., & Meads, D. (2021). What factors affect patients’ ability to access healthcare? An overview of systematic reviews. Tropical Medicine & International Health , 26 (10), 1177–1188. https://doi.org/10.1111/tmi.13651
Hannawa, A. F., Wu, A. W., Kolyada, A., Potemkina, A., & Donaldson, L. J. (2021). The aspects of healthcare quality that are important to health professionals and patients: A qualitative study. Patient Education and Counseling , 105 (6). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pec.2021.10.016
Law, S. K. (2022). Impact of National Health Service on the United Kingdom Health System. J Mod Nurs Pract Res , 2 (3), 7. https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Siu-Kan-Law-2/publication/362964299_Impact_of_National_Health_Service_on_the_United_Kingdom_Health_System/links/6309030561e4553b953de96b/Impact-of-National-Health-Service-on-the-United-Kingdom-Health-System.pdf
Malone, A., Gomez, S., Finkel, S., Chourchoulis, D., Morcos, E., Loko, M. A., … & Sanchez, S. (2021). Population health management in France: specifying population groups through the DRG system. BMC health services research , 21 , 1-7. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1186/s12913-021-06757-x
Zieff, G., Kerr, Z. Y., Moore, J. B., & Stoner, L. (2020). Universal healthcare in the United States of America: A healthy debate. Medicina , 56 (11), 1–7. https://doi.org/10.3390/medicina56110580
Cite This Work
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing style below:
Impact-sensing football chinstrap, importance of information systems in running and managing a business, essay on wind turbines, case study: conflict of interest, compare and contrast essay: physical assessment tools, the covid-19 vaccine and its role in the american population, popular essay topics.
- American Dream
- Artificial Intelligence
- Black Lives Matter
- Bullying Essay
- Career Goals Essay
- Causes of the Civil War
- Child Abusing
- Civil Rights Movement
- Community Service
- Cultural Identity
- Cyber Bullying
- Death Penalty
- Depression Essay
- Domestic Violence
- Freedom of Speech
- Global Warming
- Gun Control
- Human Trafficking
- I Believe Essay
- Importance of Education
- Israel and Palestine Conflict
- Leadership Essay
- Legalizing Marijuanas
- Mental Health
- National Honor Society
- Police Brutality
- Pollution Essay
- Racism Essay
- Romeo and Juliet
- Same Sex Marriages
- Social Media
- The Great Gatsby
- The Yellow Wallpaper
- Time Management
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- Violent Video Games
- What Makes You Unique
- Why I Want to Be a Nurse
- Send us an e-mail
- New Zealand
- [email protected]
Top Compare and Contrast Essay Topics for 2020-2021
Essay writing is the most vital, important, and integral part of a student’s academic career. Every student since their childhood has to write well-designed and well-planned essays with examples and thrilling theories. Essay writings are the key to build imaginations skills, develop critical thinking, skill the master of questioning and answering it from different views and perspectives.
Every school, college, and university student has to write essays for obtaining good marks and scoring an A+ grade. Therefore, comparing and contrasting essay topics are thrilling, fascinating, and inspiring. Compare and contrast essay topics also expand and grow one’s knowledge, awareness, perception, insight, and thoughts on a particular topic. Importantly, a student through compare and contrast essays understands the complementary and contrary forces of the topic. Therefore, the learning is more comprehensive, photographic, and illustrated.
Compare and contrast essays make the learning and educational process very interesting and clear. A student knows in and out, related to the topic which helps them understand the topic better. Even comparing and contrasting essays enfold huge areas of academic subjects.
What do you understand by comparing and contrasting essays?
Compare and contrast essays mean to study, analyze and identify one topic with the topic. The major objective of these types of essays writing is of comparing and contrasting one subject topic with the other. These types of essays contain many paragraphs, manifesting resemblance and dissimilarity on a particular subject matter. The term “compares” means describing similar characteristics between two topics but of similar subject matter. And, the term “contrast” means describing the disparity between the same.
Here are the few topics of compare and contrast essays example,
- Binuclear family v/s joint family
- Reading v/s listening
- Storybook v/s film
- Mental health v/s physical health
- Credit card v/s liquid money
Such compare and contrast essays should study the different prospects and similarities on the same subject matter. It studies the technology, emotional, and relations similarities and dissimilarities. Furthermore, compare and contrast essays relate information on characterizes and features on the same topic but to bring the difference between them.
How to design compare and contrast essays?
If you want to design a compare and contrast essay, you should write the essay in different paragraphs and with distinct words. The term “compare” studies the similarities between the two unique single and distinctive subjects. The similarities vary from its nature, extent, standard, dimensions, and properties.
The second part of the essay is “contrast”. It studies and discusses the differences between two terms of subject matter. As these two words are quite different from each other it has highlighting variations. Thus, the compare and contrast essay considers both similarities and dissimilarities of two different unique topics.
How and from where to pick, compare and contrast essay topics?
Choosing a suitable compare and contrast essay topic is an important piece of work. The main objective is to choose two topics from a similar subject matter. For example, you can never draw any relationship between buying dog v/s android mobile phones. On such topics, it is impossible to compare and draw differences between the two. In simple words, you should choose topics under similar subject matter.
An examination of two or more topics is done in a compare and contrast essay. There is a discussion of the contrast of disparities and evaluation of the likenesses of two or more topics that are meaningfully related. The goal of comparison and contrast papers is to uncover subtle variations and surprising commonalities rather than to declare the obvious. Contrast, as its name indicates, is about disparities between the subjects at hand.
Here, let's use a simple illustration. Consider the scenario where you are required to write a comparison and contrast essay on the subject of "Growing up in a Nuclear Family vs. Growing up in a Joint Household." The paper should examine similarity-related sub-headings, such as the existence of close relationships (parents, siblings, etc). It should also go into the contrasts, such as the emotional and social ties to elders, etc. It is crucial to pick topics that are somewhat related to one another to construct the best compare and contrast essay topics . Compare the parallels between two different but related topics. The type, range, degree, and size of the similarities might be different. The only guiding principle is that there must be some points of convergence.
If you are choosing a topic from technology then make sure you are choosing the second topic from technology too. There should be certain similarities to draw dissimilarities. Choose two unique and identical topics of the same nature. Therefore, the main motive of compare and contrast essay is to draw differences and similarities to state all the features and properties of a particular topic.
One can find such topics on the Internet, social media platforms, journals, books, course books, magazines, and textbooks. Choose any topics which fascinate you and you have the proper knowledge to write or talk about it.
How to write appealing compare and contrast essays?
To write an appealing compare and contrast essay it is very important to divide the whole essay into three sections. First, the essay would contain an introduction. Second, the essay would contain a strong body which will make it attractive and heart-winning. Third, the essay would be wrapped with a strong note with steps to be taken.
Here is the way you can write appealing and heartwarming compare and contrast essays.
- An introduction: Explain to your readers about the essay. Introduce them to your topic with quotations and explanations. Make it short, crisp, and easy to digest. You can talk about the topic's subject matter. For example, if your topic is about iOs v/s Android then introduce them by telling it a technology subject.
- The body: Maintain your body and start referencing. In this section, you can argue the differences and similarities with examples. Expand all the features with pieces of evidence and tempting thoughts to take an action. Develop your writing, add values, and question your readers so that even they can participate in your writing.
- Wrap it up: In conclusion, give your readers with proper solution and their immediate actions to be taken. Wrap it up and help your readers to take back heartwarming experiences.
The relevant topic will always make people more attentive. Before submitting your compare and contrast essays edit and proofread and get rid of all unwanted mistakes. Leave a thoughtful message and be open to feedback.
How to choose the best compare and contrast essays?
Here we are listing a few tips and ways you can follow to choose the best compare and contrast essays. They are as follows:
- Think before you choose: It’s very important to think about your target audience before choosing a compare and contrast essay. You should know for whom you are writing. Would that particular topic excite them? Does that topic hold any importance? Will you be able to hook the reader’s attention? Thus, think of all these questions before choosing the best compare and contrast essays.
- How many similarities and differences are there: Always choose a topic from the same sphere. If you are choosing to write about dogs then choose another topic that is similar to a dog topic rather than choosing a topic which deals with technology. For example, the traditional method of learning v/s online method of learning.
- Unique compare and contrast essay points: Write down the points which have not been written by anyone before. To make it unique you have to list down the points which no one ever thought off or listed down.
Compare and contrast essay topics for your writings:
To choose the best compare and contrast essay choose a topic on which you can develop both sets of similarities and dissimilarities. Here are the few topics on which you can write your compare and contrast essays.
Compare and contrast essay topics on Medicare:
- Synthetic chemicals Drugs v/s chemical substances derived from plants.
- Homeopathic medicine v/s Allopathic medicine
- Counseling v/s Psychology
- Plant medicines v/s tablets
- Cosmic surgery v/s Plastic surgery
- Private nursing room v/s Public Hospitals
- Female doctors v/s transgender doctors
- Cost of hospital care and cost of home care
- Surrogacy child v/s adopted child
- Euthanasia for or against
- IVF child v/s IUI child
Compare and contrast essay topics on Modern technology:
- Apple technology v/s Google
- Smartphones v/s Tablets
- Voot v/s Hotstar
- Netflix and chill v/s Amazon Prime
- Facebook v/s Instagram
- Twitter v/s YouTube
- 3D film v/s 4D film
- Social media v/s offline networking
- Chatting v/s talking
- Online education v/s traditional education
- Reel vs post
- Video learning v/s letter learning
- iPhone v/s Smartphone
- Computer hardware v/s computer software
- Skype v/s WhatsApp calling
- Email v/s message
- Online shopping v/s offline shopping
- Myntra v/s Koovs
Compare and contrast essay topics on school, college, and university education:
- Poem v/s Story
- School v/s College
- Government college v/s Private college
- Saving money v/s investment
- Stock market v/s mutual funds
- Seminar v/s Online lectures
- Ebooks v/s printed books
- Real classroom v/s virtual classroom
- Cloud computing v/s education
- Indian education v/s American education
- Mid-day meal v/s homemade meal
- Shakespeare play v/s Bernard Shaw
- Classic literature v/s Modern literature
- As you like it by Shakespeare v/s Macbeth by Shakespeare
- Harry Potter v/s other child books
- Cold war v/s NATO
- European history v/s American history
- Economic development v/s economic growth
- Literature lover v/s grammar Nazi
- Male professors v/s female professors
- Admission based on merit v/s admission based on marks
- Scholarship based on marks v/s scholarship based on the financial status
- Technology learning v/s In-person learning
- Einstein theories v/s practical examples
- Congress v/s Senate
- Hitler Nazi v/s Churchill
Compare and contrast essay topics on Economics:
- Economics v/s economy
- Relationship between sociology v/s economics
- Dirty politics v/s economic destruction
- Rich v/s middle class
- Poor class v/s Rich class
- Importance of economics as a subject v/s no importance
- GDP v/s GNP
- Per capita income v/s national income
- Shopping from local shops v/s shopping malls
Compare and contrast essay topics on Politics:
- Democracy v/s Autocracy
- Capitalism v/s socialism
- The political structure of UK v/s Political structure of USA
- Presidential form of government v/s parliamentary form of government
- Functions legislature v/s function of executive
- Apex court v/s state courts
- Fundamental rights v/s fundamental duties
- Freedom of speech v/s freedom of expression
- Importance of directive principles v/s not
- Constitution v/s convention
- Separation of power v/s integration of power at the apex
Compare and contrast essay topics on Physical education:
- Cricket v/s Basketball
- Walking v/s Running
- Indoor game v/s outdoor game
- Physical playing v/s computer video games
- Early morning exercise v/s evening exercise
- Compulsory sports in school v/s not
- Gymming v/s yoga
- Full body exercise v/s skipping
- Swimming v/s skipping
Compare and contrast essay topics on students:
- Family time v/s friends time
- Christmas holiday v/s Halloween holiday
- Theory Exam v/s practical exam
- Sports v/s music
- Math v/s abacus
- Fight v/s peace talking
- A night out v/s daybreak
- Eating breakfast or skipping breakfast
- Weekday v/s weekend
- Oral tests v/s written tests
- Studying in library v/s studying in the room
- Group study v/s private study
- Homework v/s assignments
- Writing homework by oneself v/s professional online homework helpers
- College degree v/s job
- Boys are great friends v/s bad friend
Compare and contrast essay topics on Career:
- Corporate jobs v/s freelancing
- High education in India v/s High education abroad
- 9-5 job v/s 18 hours job
- Marketing v/s online sales
- Engineering v/s medical science
- Internship v/s fellowship for Ph.D. students
- Internship v/s retainership
- IT jobs v/s sales jobs
Compare and contrast essay topics on general topics:
- Buy dog v/s buy cat
- Diet v/s vigorous exercise
- Kindergarten admission to children v/s not
- Teenager being single v/s relationship
- Single mother v/s parents
- Working mother v/s home mother
- Tea person v/s coffee person
- Local college v/s Big college
- Second marriage v/s single after first marriage
- KFC Chicken v/s McDonald Chicken
- Marble flooring v/s tiles flooring
- Air travel v/s water travel
- American English v/s Britain English
- Non-vegetarian people v/s Vegetarian people
- Per time job for teenagers v/s no per time job for teenager
- Studying 12 hours a day v/s no socialization
- Single child v/s siblings
- Love v/s breakups
- Purchase platinum v/s diamond
- Fashion today v/s fashion in the 1990s
Compare and contrast essay topics on the environment:
- Walking v/s driving
- Renewable energy v/s non-renewable energy
- Cleaning sewer channel everyday v/s once in a while
- Planting one tree once in a month v/s planting one tree once in a year
Therefore, from here you can select any topics and can write your compare and contrast essays. No need to worry, these topics are all updated and interesting. Therefore, choose anyone and start writing.
List Of Top Assignment Services Provided By BestAssignmentExperts
No need to pay extra.
Proofreading and Editing
Consultation with Expert
Live Session 1-on-1
- Let's Proceed
New Special Offer
Get 25% Off
- Academic Writing Help
- Marketing Assignment Help
- Computer Assignment Help
- Essay Types
- Case Study Help
- Management Assignment Help
- Academic Assignment Help
- Assignment Help
- Other Services
Share Your Reviews!
IN A HURRY?
GET A CALLBACK.
50 controversial medical topics for an essay or a research paper
Consider some great controversial medical topics to read and write about. They are meant for the general public, not for medical students only.
Controversial Topics in Healthcare for an Essay
1. Is there a link between poverty and poor health? (How does poverty contribute to poor health?)
2. Is the cost of healthcare in the United States justified?
3. What drives the cost of healthcare in the United States? (Be informed that the state spends on healthcare much more than European countries but covers the smallest percentage of healthcare costs).
4. Should there be an opt-in or opt-out donor system? Review of credible sources on the topic .
5. Should the state provide free health care to homeless people?
6. Should people be encouraged to turn to homeopathy first?
7. Should unconventional forms of medicine be part of national healthcare?
8. Should uninsured people be provided with any medical care?
9. Should there be criminal responsibility for medical errors?
10. Should doctors be allowed to promote particular medical products?
11. Should US hospitals provide a free translator to non-English speaking patients?
Yes, send me the checklist and occasional useful content and offers
Please check your inbox – the Checklist must be waiting for you there! If it did not get into that scary Spam folder…
Controversial Topics in Medicine: Laws and Policies
12. Should euthanasia be illegal?
13. Should abortion be legal? (Browse this and other challenging topics surrounding abortion with recommended sources on each topic)
14. Should surrogate pregnancy be used on-demand or only for health reasons?
15. Is womb transplantation a good alternative to surrogate pregnancy?
16. Should people with mental health issues be treated in or outside of the community?
17. Should children vaccination be mandatory?
18. Should people be refused organ transplantation for leading an unhealthy lifestyle? Review of credible sources on the topic .
19. Should the organ transplantation committee consider the patient’s personal details (marital status, children, accomplishments, personal qualities) when choosing what person will receive an organ? Review of credible sources on the topic .
20. Should doctors be required to report the cases of organ trafficking (when a person has a needed organ, even though he did not get it being on the national list)? Review of credible sources on the topic .
21. Should a doctor be able to provide medical care to a minor despite their parent’s wishes?
Essay Topics on Policies and Practices that Affect Health of the Nation
22. Should marijuana/drugs be legalized?
23. What are the effects of TV shows concerned with diets and losing weight? (Do they motivate and inspire others or promote body image ideal and the related issues?)
24. Do TV shows portraying cosmetic surgery make people more inclined to refer to it? If yes, should they be banned?
25. Should TV commercials for alcohol/fast-food chains be banned?
26. Should the state regulate social media use to prevent its negative impact on mental health and social media addiction? (Find more ideas and sources for a social media essay )
27. Should there be state regulation of fast food chains?
28. How should the issue of obesity be treated: as a personal problem or as a public concern? (Should obese people be entitled to better healthcare coverage or additional days off?)
29. Can exercising worsen health?
30. Should teens be able to obtain birth control pills?
31. Who should decide whether to place an elderly in the elderly center: an elderly person himself/herself, children, healthcare specialist?
32. Should the state refuse to import the products, which were manufactured/obtained at the cost of someone’s health? (Consider pollution in China, child labor, etc.)
33. Should the state do more or less to make people lead a healthy lifestyle? Consider if such interference into personal lives is justified or no. Try to think about all the state does and can do, e.g. ban smoking and drinking under a certain age or in certain areas, ban advertisements and censor films promoting unhealthy lifestyle or unhealthy body image standards, establish more recreation zones easily accessible and attractive to people, educate people on the effects of the unhealthy lifestyle, … or instead invest the money in the economy as the higher economic level is associated with better health.
Essay Topics on Medical Research
34. Should cloning/genetic engineering research be allowed? Review of credible sources on the topic.
35. Can medical research pose a threat? If yes, what are the ways to mitigate it?
36. Should scientists work to make computers displace doctors? What can be the potential benefits/drawbacks?
37. Can animals be used to test drugs?
38. Should there be any limits to medical tests on humans?
39. Should more funding be allocated to practical research projects, which provide direct medical help to individuals, or the National Institute of Health dealing mostly with projects without immediate practical application?
40. Should scientists research options for people to become immortal? ( Ray Kurzweil manufactures and takes himself hundreds of pills to delay aging and claims people will become virtually immortal soon).
41. If the research was able to provide a solution to one healthcare issue, what should it be? (a cure from cancer, AIDS, infertility, creation of organs from artificial materials/with the help of cloning, etc.)
The Impact of Covid-19 on Doctors and Healthcare
42. Assess the decision of some countries to use undergraduate nursing students for Covid-19 response.
43. Is quarantine an effective measure? How to balance the need to halt the spread of the virus and the need for employment and socialization?
44. Has Covid-19 risen the need for global coordination of healthcare? How will respective policies change the national healthcare systems?
45. Do we need a dedicated global agency that would deal with Covid-19 and future pandemics?
46. Should doctors that leave their jobs not to deal with Covid-19 be not allowed to work in medicine again?
47. The impact of Coronavirus on a specific vulnerable population: the poor, homeless, people with mental illnesses, etc.
48. Issues surrounding vaccine testing. Is the French doctors’ suggestion to test vaccines in Africa a sound strategy or an act of racism?
49. Doctors have the highest mortality rate from Covid-19. What are the ways to decrease it?
50. Has Coronavirus given a boost to telemedicine? Is it a viable alternative to traditional consultations?
For more ideas on how to write an essay about Covid, check this post .
Did you like the list of health topics to write about? Comment, share and Pin not to lose the resource.
50 College-Level Compare and Contrast Topics for an Essay
20 Advantages and Disadvantages of the Internet for an Internet Essay
Essay Introduction Paragraph: Essential Elements and Examples
Get Better at Writing Essays with These 10 Tips from Professors
Easy Guide to Writing a Critical Reflection Paper on an Article or a Book
Challenging Topics for Abortion Essay With Tips and Sources
Please wait while we process your request
Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
Essay paper writing
Many students have surely written compare and contrast essays during their studies. Most of the time, our teachers gave us a task with the specific instructions to follow, so it was not a very difficult thing to do. However, when the time comes to create something on your own, you suddenly feel like there is absolutely nothing to write about.
Don’t worry — we all were in the same situation ! Sometimes you may be unsure whether the chosen topic will be interesting enough for the readers. Fortunately, in this article, we are going to help you write a perfect essay. So here are some compare and contrast essay ideas that will help you find a topic you like.
Why should you choose to write compare and contrast essay?
It’s a fact that compare and contrast essay is not the easiest type of paper to write. You have to find and use a lot of sources in order to see the whole picture. Besides, the structure of an essay has to be well-planned so that the reader can easily grasp the main idea . Of course, there are many obstacles on the way to a perfect paper, but all of the m are not that difficult to cope with. In your compare and contrast essay, you provide the readers with different views on the same problem or subject, giving them the freedom to decide what they think about the issue after doing the necessary research.
You can compare different historical periods, books, movies, theories, methods, etc. You are not limited in the choice of subject, so you can select any compare and contrast writing topics you are passionate about.
Some tips on how to write a compare and contrast essay
In this article, we will briefly explain how to work on your essay and which structure to use.
First of all, choose a topic; mind that it can be literally anything. Think about what you are interested in and passionate about. There are a great number of good compare and contrast essay topics on the Web, and you just need to find the one you like. Moreover, our paper writing service prepared various compare and contrast essay topics, so you can easily pick the most suitable one.
Secondly, choose a type of structure for your essay. It can be a point-by-point or a block one. You can choose the structure you prefer if it isn’t mentioned in the requirements that you have to use the specific one.
Writing the introduction, give basic information about the subjects that you are going to compare. The introduction of an essay should also include your thesis statement. The role of this essay part is to encourage a person to continue reading, so you can add an interesting fact or a story from your life that will capture your reader’s attention. You can also ask a provocative question at the beginning of your paper and answer it in the main part.
A thesis statement is the most critical part of the essay. There are several important steps to take in order to make it strong. First of all, develop a thesis that has a purpose. If your topic is too broad, narrow it down, giving your essay a definite direction. For example, if your topic is ‘School vs. College,’ make it more specific by changing it to ‘School vs. College: Main Similarities and Differences.’ After that, start analyzing the information and look for detailed characteristics. Don’t just say ‘School and college are similar, even though they provide different learning experience.’ Instead of this, try to make a specific statement, for example, ‘Both school and college help us find good friends and learn new material, but they have different educational purposes.’
Now it is time for the main part of an essay. In order to support the arguments presented in the paper, you need to provide enough information, including the evidence. Each body paragraph should contain proof and analysis as well as the way it relates to the thesis statement . The tone of your paper depends on a topic you chose; for example, you don’t have to use professional vocabulary writing a paper on funny compare and contrast essay topics, but for many other themes, especially if they are scientific or academic, using specific language is required.
Before writing the body paragraphs, put down all the information related to the subject . Ask yourself what you already know and what requires more research. Review your list from time to time, removing and adding some aspects. If you see that there might be a weak connection between the subjects you are going to discuss, do a little more research. Instead of merely searching for interesting facts, try to find something that might not be known widely. Your readers probably possess some basic knowledge of the topic, so it’s better to prepare something more than just general information. Note that both positive and negative points should be discussed. Remember, that the best thing about compare and contrast essay is that it gives an overview of a problem without convincing anybody that the author’s perspective is right.
A conclusion is the last part of the essay that summarizes the evidence and all of the main points discussed previously in the paper. Its function is also to reiterate the thesis statement and provide readers with some food for thought.
Compare and contrast essay topics on education
Education is an integral part of our lives. We are learning new things not only in school and college but also when we travel, communicate with others, read books, and attend various events. However, the system of education should be constantly developed in order to remain relevant and topical in the modern world. Writing a compare and contrast essay will be a great way to explore different options and ideas about how exactly the education should be changed.
Before writing about education, you should research other articles on the same topic online. Consider different viewpoints, even if you don’t agree with them. You never know when the new ideas will appear.
Discussing the matter with other students or teachers will help you complete the assignment successfully. Ask them what they think about modern education and what changes should be implemented in order to improve it. After that, gather their ideas and create a list of pros and cons of modern education.
Of course, you don’t have to talk about major problems and changes in education if you don’t want to. There are many other persuasive compare and contrast essay topics related to this sphere if you are willing to write about it. You can discuss the importance of different subjects, extracurricular activities, school clubs, etc.
Here is the list of some compare and contrast essay topics on education:
- Public or private school: which one is better?
- Online education or classroom education: which one is more effective?
- School vs. college: what are the main similarities and differences?
- Boarding schools vs. day schools: what are their advantages and disadvantages?
- SAT or ACT: which one is the best assessment tool of students’ skills and knowledge?
- Should a person have two or more degrees in the field: what are the benefits?
- Studying abroad vs. taking local courses: what is more advantageous?
- College tests vs. high school exams: which one is more important and difficult?
Easy compare and contrast essay topics
If you are pressed for time, but still have to write a compare and contrast essay, you can use some of the topics presented in this article. However, even though the topic you have chosen is quite easy, it is necessary to make some efforts and write a high-quality paper. Make sure the essay requirements provided by the teacher or professor are met, sources and quotes are cited, and grammar is checked. Here is the list of easy essay topics for your consideration:
- Reading vs. watching: which one is better to get new information?
- Flying or driving: which one is safer?
- Freelance or office work jobs: what working conditions are better?
- Public transportation vs. private transportation: what is the best way to get to work or school?
- City life vs. village life: where does one feel more comfortable?
- The elderly vs. the youth: what are the differences in a lifestyle?
- TV or newspapers: where to get the news from?
- Living in a big family vs. being the only child in the family
- Vacations on the beach or in the mountains?
- Coffee vs. tea: which effects do they have on our organism?
- Computer games vs. board games: which are more entertaining?
Legal topics for compare and contrast essay
Compare and contrast essays on legal studies are pretty popular, so many students choose this topic for their papers. The reason is quite simple: there are always debates about legal matters, and it’s interesting to discuss them. Also, there are lots of available resources to use while writing your essay, so there should not be any problem with doing your research.
There is a variety of interesting compare and contrast essay topics you can choose from; you can describe laws you would like to create or offer some changes to already existing ones. You can also write about controversial issues and laws that spark numerous debates in society.
Here are great compare and contrast topics related to law:
- Cigarettes or marijuana: what should be outlawed?
- Higher vs. lower drinking age: which one is appropriate?
- Criminal vs. civil justice: what is the difference?
- Law system of past centuries vs. modern law system: what are the main differences and which one worked more effectively?
- Pro-Choice vs. pro-life: should abortion be legalized?
- Should parents be responsible for their children’s crimes?
List of compare and contrast essay topics on morality and ethics
Essays on moral and ethical topics are one of the most popular ones among college students. There is a great number of topics available, for example, animal testing and the freedom of speech.
Many of the topics still spark numerous debates since everybody has a different opinion of what should be considered as right or wrong. Some of these topics may be related to the judicial field; for example, the death penalty or abortion legalization.
When you write an essay on moral topics, describe the problem from different points of view, showing different sides of the same issue.
Make sure that you don’t let your emotions take over your mind. You have to remain reserved, and if you are willing to express your opinion in the essay, don’t mock an opposite viewpoint.
- Death penalty vs. life imprisonment: what is the best way to do justice?
- Volunteer work vs. paid work: what gives more benefits?
- Freedom of speech vs. hate speech: where should we draw the line?
- Child labor: how to fight against slavery and work that deprives children of their childhood?
- Meat-eating vs. vegetarianism: is it ethical to eat animals?
- Pro-Choice vs. pro-life: what is the right decision?
- Should prostitution be legalized?
- Dermatological testing vs. animal testing: should we abandon animal testing and use the alternatives?
- Traditional vs. alternative energy sources: what is the cost of both and which one causes less pollution?
Deep compare and contrast essay topics
Sometimes you want to go below the surface and discover a deeper meaning of some simple things. It is a great chance to use your ideas and write a compare and contrast essay on philosophical topics.
Philosophical topics might be controversial since a lot of things can be explained from different perspectives; therefore, it is not so easy to determine the truth. It is critical to use some outside sources to find out more about the issue you are going to discuss because collecting diverse information will help you greatly. Search essays on the subject you picked to see how other writers consider this problem.
Here are some unique compare and contrast essay topics on philosophy:
- Life and death: philosophical views
- Animals vs. humans: are we more similar to animals than we think?
- Physical vs. mental needs of humans: what is more important to us?
- Selfishness vs. altruism: which one drives human evolution?
- Is happiness derived from helping others or from getting material goods?
- Wisdom vs. intelligence: what is the difference?
- Is it better to be a realist or a dreamer?
- Music vs. poetry: do they affect us in the same way?
- Friends or enemies: who can be more dangerous?
- Childhood vs. adulthood: how does life change when you get more responsibilities?
Compare and contrast essay topics for college students
Compare and contrast essay is a common task in college, so you will probably get it assigned to you at some point. Here are some great compare and contrast essay topics college-level institutions will find suitable:
- Research paper vs. essay: which one is more difficult to write?
- Comparing two different political leaders (for example, Donald Trump vs. Margaret Thatcher).
- Communism vs. capitalism.
- Theory vs. practice: which one gives a better learning experience?
- British vs. American education systems: which one is more efficient?
Best compare and contrast essay topics about politics and history
As the link between politics and history is strong, writing about these subjects means doing a lot of research. Make sure to study as much information as possible to cover the topic.
You should use only reliable and academic resources for your essay to avoid presenting inaccurate information. Here we have the list of interesting topics on Politics and History:
- American government vs. Soviet government: how different were they? (you can also compare two other governments)
- North and South before the Civil War in the US.
- Fascism vs. Nazism: are they different or the same?
- Karl Max vs. Adam Smith: how are their ideas connected?
- Republicans vs. Democrats: what do these parties stand for?
- Maya vs. Aztecs civilizations: how similar were they?
- Renaissance vs. Baroque epoch: what are the key differences between them?
- Lincoln vs. Washington: compare their ideas.
- The Great Depression vs. The Great Recession.
Compare and contrast essay topics for high school students
Compare and contrast essay is also a popular type of essay in high school. From time to time, teachers might ask their students to work on this kind of assignment.
It is not a difficult task, but it is better to make sure that the teacher’s instructions are followed.
Here is a list of popular compare and contrast essay topics for high school students:
- Compare book and movie characters.
- European history vs. US history.
- Poetry vs. prose: how do both genres influence literature?
- Social networks: pick two social networks and compare their advantages and disadvantages.
- Online courses vs. traditional courses: what are the pros and cons of both?
- Reading a paper book or an e-book: what are the benefits of both?
- Gender roles in different parts of the world (for example, the Western world vs. Eastern world).
- Compare two different genres of music.
- Fiction vs. non-fiction: what is the main difference?
So, as you have come to the end of this article, you can see that there are many compare and contrast essay topics you can choose from.
The only thing you have to remember about picking the topic is that it has to be interesting for you. When you write about something that you are passionate about, it is more probable that people will appreciate your efforts. Do your research, learn more about grammar and punctuation, practice daily, and, most importantly, believe in yourself and you will succeed!
Your email address will not be published / Required fields are marked *
Try it now!
Calculate your price
Number of pages:
Order an essay!
Fill out the order form
Make a secure payment
Receive your order by email
School Shootings Essay Writing Guide
School shootings are a nightmare scenario for parents, students, and teachers. Unfortunately, massacres in American schools take place quite often. Since the beginning of this year, several cases…
11th Aug 2018
Business paper writing
“Write My Business Plan!”, - Why Do You Need a Business Plan At All?
Planning is essential for almost every person who deals with real-life problems on a daily basis. We make plans and write them down to see how fast we’ve progressed since the last we checked…
28th Nov 2016
How to Write a Short Report?
Frequently, the goal of a short report lies in a brief written communication. Such paper may be completed in the form of a memo (written within your company or department) and letter (written for…
24th May 2017
Get your project done perfectly
Professional writing service
We’ve sent you an email containing a link that will allow you to reset your password for the next 24 hours.
Please check your spam folder if the email doesn’t appear within a few minutes.
- 100 Great Compare and Contrast Essay Topics to Choose From
- 100 Best Compare and Contrast Essay Topics for Any Student
What is a Compare and Contrast Essay
Tips on choosing a topic, compare and contrast essay topics, compare and contast essay topics for college students, compare and contrast essay topics for high school, history: topics, economics: topic ideas, healthcare: compare and contrast essay topics.
- Philosophy: Topic Ideas
IT and Social Media: Ideas
Literature: great compare and contrast topics, cinematography and music: topics, science: topics, bottom line.
- Students Also Ask
Most students get excited when given a chance to choose a compare and contrast essay topic they are most passionate about. However, the first time you face this task, you can't help but feel a bit puzzled. Believe you are not alone since coming up with a brilliant topic idea may take some time. Besides, you need to take care of the target readers – mostly your professors grading thousands of similar papers.
The great news is that our experienced English essay writers have compiled a list of the 100 best compare and contrast essay topics for any assignment you can ever imagine. On top of that, you will find out how to select the topic that will make the jaws drop (in a good way only).
It shouldn't surprise you that any writing process starts with brainstorming a topic for an academic paper. However, it's nearly impossible to choose the right topic without a precise understanding of a compare and contrast essay . Let's first figure out the definition .
As you may guess, compare and contrast essay is a piece of writing that offers an extensive comparison of the two or more subjects. This type of paper is all about uncovering what is similar and what is different. Such paper provides enough space for creativity since students may choose to explore a controversial topic. And the fun part begins when you get to draw a parallel between two subjects instead of covering a single issue.
Takeaway : before you actually get down to write a paper, make sure to choose two things that you will be able to compare.
Now that you are familiar with the definition, it's time to learn how to choose great compare and contrast essay topics. Below, we have gathered the great suggestions that will help you get started . Here're several useful tips to consider when choosing compare and contrast essay topics:
- Brainstorm a topic . The best way to decide on two good compare and contrast topics is to brainstorm and write down all potential ideas. Once you choose two proper subjects, you have to organize your thoughts. Prepare a table where you will mention both similarities and differences between the two subjects.
- Focus on an apples-to-apples comparison . As mentioned before, you should find two things that have a connection. For example, you can take two pets – cats and dogs – to contrast, while comparing a fruit (i.e., banana) with music (i.e., hard rock) doesn't make sense.
- Ensure there is enough material . Just like an argumentative paper, your compare and contrast essay will need evidence. Thus, when picking a topic, you should also find enough primary and secondary sources. Make sure these sources are credible and no older than 5 years.
- Choose a killer subject . When it comes to a small task and massive results, topics steal the show. Good titles for essays have an immense impact on your reader. For this reason, you should focus on those compare and contrast essay topics that will spark interest.
- Build a thesis statement . Sometimes all you need is to move in the opposite direction. Firstly, set your purpose by writing the thesis statement. Next, research the topics based on your thesis.
Keep in mind that compare and contrast essay topics should be in line with your assignment's instructions , if there are any. After all, it would be really frustrating to have a comparison paper written on a topic that doesn't stick to the requirements.
Selecting a compelling topic might take a while if you don't have a list of sample ideas in front. With this in mind, we encourage you to look through the pool of compare and contrast essay topics listed below . Feel free to grab any subject you like most and transform it into an outstanding essay.
We have divided the following topic ideas into several categories to make it easier to select the one you need. But you can always browse other ideas such as argumentative essay topics . The list starts with the most relevant compare and contrast essay topics college students usually discuss. These are:
- School vs. College: the key differences
- Employed and unemployed students: who takes the best of their life?
- Research paper and essay: what are the similarities and differences?
- Introvert and extrovert: how are they different?
- American English and British English: major differences
- What makes education and employment similar?
- SAT and TOEFL : Differences and similarities
- How are Master's Degree and Ph.D. different?
- Persuasive and argumentative papers: what similar features do they share?
- Traditional education or remote learning: which option is better?
Below, you can find a list of the most common topics for high school students:
- Living in poverty and being rich
- Coffee and tea: what are the effects on a human body?
- Living in a big city or a countryside
- Human interactions: face-to-face vs. online
- Exercising or dieting: which method is more effective?
- Family traditions vs. national traditions
- Living at home or living on campus
- Childhood and adulthood
- Working in an office or being a freelancer
- Education or professional career: comparison
They say history repeats itself. However, the course of events is always different. Let's see the examples of historical events or public figures students can choose for their history compare and contrast essay topics:
- Comparison of Lincoln's and Washington' ideas
- Renaissance vs. Baroque epoch
- Anthropology vs. Religious studies
- American Government vs. Soviet Union Government
- Democracy vs. monarchy
- Election systems: US vs. the UK
- North and South before the Civil War in the US
- Henry VIII vs. King Louis XIV
- Fascism vs. nazism
- World War I and World War II
As for history subjects, consult our topics for informative essays . You will find something interesting for sure.
In case you need to compose a comparison paper on Economics, look through this selection of compare and contrast essay topics:
- Economy and Economics
- Economics and Business
- Financial crisis and regression
- Economic growth and economic development
- Economic issues and social issues
- GDP vs. GNP
- Economic politics: East vs. West
- Developed economy and developing economies
- Consumerism and minimalism
- Macroeconomics and Microeconomics
Thanks to modern medicine, there are different treatment approaches. With this in mind, finding ideas for comparison should not be a challenge. Below are just some ideas on Healthcare:
- Traditional medicine and western medicine
- Prescription drugs and natural alternatives
- Surgery or chemotherapy
- Plastic surgery or cosmetic surgery
- Psychology and psychiatry
- Cancer and tumor
- Autoimmune disease and autoinflammatory disease
- Clinic or hospital
- Testing on animals or testing on humans
- Antibiotics or antiviral drugs
Diversify proposed topics with some new ideas. A good cause and effect topic may come in handy.
Philosophy: Topic Ideas
There are so many philosophical theories and ideas that you will be spoilt for choice. Here're are just some aspects you can consider when choosing compare and contrast essay topics on Philosophy:
- Philosophy and Neuroscience
- Life and death: various philosophical views
- Physical and mental needs of human beings
- Greek philosophy and Roman philosophy
- German philosophy and French philosophy
- Materialism or spiritualism
- Dualism or monism
- Idealism or relativism
- Nietzsche or Kant
- Freud or Adler
If you are a digital-savvy student, consider the following compare and contrast essay topics on technology:
- Windows or Mac
- Android or iPhone: which one is better?
- Netflix or HBO
- Facebook or MySpace: which social network offers more opportunities?
- E-mail or traditional mailing
- Chatting with a human or a robot
- Online and traditional commerce
- Online dating and real-life relations
- Computer games and video games
- Searching for a job online or traditionally?
Have a comparison paper due on Literature? Do not skip over this list of ideas:
- Comedy or drama
- Greek and Roman mythology
- Romanticism and impressionism in literature
- Prose or lyrics: what people prefer more and why?
- The poetry of XIII Century and nowadays
- Shakespeare's Othello vs. Hamlet
- American novels and French novels
- Fiction or nonfiction literature: what are the differences?
- Autobiography and memoir
- Literature now and 20 years ago
Are you passionate about movies or music? Here's your jam of compare and contrast essay topics every movie and music lover will appreciate:
- Books or movies: why reading is preferred
- Computer-generated imagery and computer animation
- American cinematography and the Soviet Union cinematography
- Movies and anime
- Horror movies and thrillers: comparison
- Electronic instruments vs. traditional musical instruments
- Jazz and rock
- Sam vs. Frodo Baggins (Lord of the Rings)
- Harry Potter vs. Draco Malfoy
- Gandalf vs Dumbledore
Are you into science? Then, quickly look through these great compare and contrast essay topics to find the one you like best:
- Predators and prey
- Physics or Chemistry
- Milky Way and Andromeda
- Bacterias and viruses
- What makes the Earth different from the Mars
- The first mission to the Moon and the second visit
- Thomas Jefferson or DaVinci: whose innovations matter more?
- Earthquake or tsunami: consequences of which one are worse?
- Formulas of two different chemical reactions
- Protons and neurons
You may look for how to write a topic sentence . No worries, we have a special blog that will explain everything.
Compare and contrast essay topics for college students might be tricky to choose. Make sure to consider the tips given in this article when picking the subjects for your paper. Once you decide on a subject, feel free to get in touch with our expert writers for help. We are eager to assist you at any stage in the writing process and deliver a unique compare and contrast essay.
Students Also Ask
Can I choose more than two subjects for a compare and contrast essay?
Typically, it is required to draw a parallel between two subjects in your compare and contrast essay. However, this doesn’t mean that you can’t take three or more things for your comparison. Make sure that you find both similarities and differences between the chosen subjects. But if you choose multiple things to compare, you should put extra effort into organizing your thoughts.
How do I write a title for a compare and contrast essay?
The main purpose of a compare and contrast essay is to identify the similarities and/or differences between any two things or events. To choose a great title for a comparison paper, you should ensure that the subjects are:
- Comparable (have something in common)
- Contrasting (have differences)
- Both comparative and contrasting.
Besides, your title should be eye-catchy to grab the reader’s attention.
The very first thing you should think about when you start writing an essay - scholarship essay or informative essay or etc, is the topic. This is one of the most important moments in entire content producing process. Yes, even before the actual writing, you already is dealing with one of the most c...
If you need to write a research paper in sociology, but cannot find the right topic, you are at the right place. We have collected a list of 140 relevant and up-to-date sociology research topics to help. The article offers some tips on choosing the right topic. Our professional paper writers are als...
Informative essay writing is not as simple as it might seem. You should inform the readers about the peculiarities of the topic. However, it should be done in a bias and opinion free manner. To master the art of informative essay writing, read the article. In it you will find writing tips, see a wel...