200 Human Rights Essay Topics & Examples
Human rights, the foundational pillars of a just society, go far beyond borders, cultures, and religions, standing as a beacon of equity and dignity for every human being. In this collection of human rights topics for research, we invite you to explore the multifaceted dimensions of human rights, from historical struggles to contemporary debates. Reflect on the evolution and significance of these rights in a dynamic global landscape and try to deeply understand human rights’ profound impact on individuals, societies, and the pursuit of a better future. Let’s find the best human rights essay topics together!
⚖️ TOP 10 Human Rights Topics
🏆 best human rights essay topics, 👍 human rights essay examples, 🔥 hot human rights topics to write about, 🎓 interesting human rights research topics, 💡 simple titles for a human rights essay, 📌 easy human rights topics, ❓ more human rights topics for research paper.
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- Human Rights Violations in Conflict Zones.
- Gender Equality and Women’s Rights.
- Freedom of Expression in the Digital Age.
- The Right to Seek Protection and the Global Response.
- Human Trafficking and Modern Slavery.
- Economic Rights and Social Justice.
- Human Rights and Technology.
- Indigenous Rights: The Complex Interplay of Land, Culture, and Sovereignty.
- Progress, Challenges, and Advocacy for Sexual and Gender Minorities.
- Human Rights in Contemporary World In this paper discusses an example of human rights abuse in contemporary world. The human rights abuse selected shows a clear conflict between universalism and cultural relativism.
- Understanding Human Rights: Labor Rights in a Globalizing World and Gender Rights Labour rights are human rights which encompass “the right to collective bargaining; the elimination of forced and slave labour.
- Human Rights in United Arab Emirates The constitution of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) officially recognizes different rights and freedoms which its citizens and foreigners are entitled to.
- The Gay Human Rights: Harvey Milk Contributions Harvey Milk and his contribution in the struggle to preserve gay human rights are discussed from a theoretical perspective. This paper provides an in-depth understanding of gay human rights.
- Circumcision: Medical, Ethical and Human Rights Issues Human genitals is a matter that is to be treated with utmost care. Genital mutilations are mainly referred to as “a cultural practice”.
- Discrimination and Human Rights Laws The paper discusses solutions of closing the gap between the reality of ongoing oppression and discrimination and the promises held out by our human rights laws.
- Universal Human Rights and Cultural Values The universality of human rights is a question for debate because of the impact of cultures on people’s acceptation and interpretation of these rights.
- The Human Rights Act as a Protection Tool in the UK The HRA (Human Rights Act) was introduced in the UK in 1998 as a means of implementing an internal judicial method of addressing human rights concerns.
- Human Rights and Ethnic Groups in American History The paper argues that the United States protects human rights and minority ethnic groups. It discusses American history, its political, economic, and civil rights aspects.
- Canadian Studies: Sexuality and Human Rights The history of Canada cannot be imagined without a chapter of same-sex struggle that, in many ways, defined the development of ethical principles of the country.
- Heart Failure Study and Human Rights Protection The present paper discusses ethical considerations and plans in the protection of human rights during the study on congestive heart failure (CHF) patients post-discharge.
- Violation of the Human Right to Life: Death Penalty The problem of the death penalty cannot be separated from the general concept of human rights as it violates the paramount right of a human to life.
- Islamic State and Values of Human Rights This paper gives a reflection and analysis of Islamic culture using the ideas gained from the movie “Islam in America”.
- Canada’s Commitment to Human Rights Principles Human rights refer to those aspects that uphold the outmost virtues of humankind. This paper is an evaluation of Canada’s commitment to human rights principles.
- Human Rights Violation in the World This report looks at the human cost in Syria and other nations, with a close focus on the violation of the right to life. The paper promotes the protection of the right to life for humans.
- Human Rights Role in International Relations With the conviction that human rights are presently a permanent feature of international relations, this paper sets out to critically discuss the role of these rights in international relations.
- W. Kymlicka on Human Rights and Culture Protection Every society has a distinct culture that differentiates it from others and members of the society can interact freely even if they are from different cultural backgrounds.
- Networked Society: Connectivity as a Human Right The media text focuses on the collaborative aspect of the internet in which people are able to add their own ideas, assumptions and create their own content for public viewing.
- The Nature of Human Rights The essay provides an analysis of several prominent philosophers’ opinions on human rights and democracy, suggesting counterarguments and rebuttals.
- Universal Conception of Human Rights and Its Challenges Human rights are intercontinental customs, which dictate and determine how different countries handle their citizens and residents.
- Childhood Obesity Study, Ethics, and Human Rights The present paper discusses ethical considerations and plans in the protection of human rights in the childhood obesity issue, possible limitations, and implications of the study.
- High-Resolution Satellite Imagery and Human Rights The focus of this assignment is the use of high-resolution satellite imagery for detecting mass graves in Sheberghan, an area in Afghanistan.
- Human Rights in Sociology and Philosophy The concept of human rights is among the most popular issues throughout the world in contemporary society today.
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights and Crises This paper gives a detailed analysis of The Universal Declaration of Human Rights from different perspectives.
- Human Rights Advocates vs. Terrorism Victims In this study, we seek to find out the implication of terrorism on human rights and the impact of terrorism on global security.
- Human Rights in Israel-Gaza and West Bank Regions The conflict in the Gaza region was a violation of human rights because the sovereignty of the state was not respected by foreign powers.
- Universal Human Rights in Political Ideologies The major contention of Communitarian with the ideologies of Universalism can be traced to the major element that each ideology advocates.
- Human Rights, Globalization and Economic Development Based on Bryzk’s definition of globalization, it is clear that a globalized world makes it easy to have a free flow of information and ideas across the border.
- Same-Sex Marriages and Human Rights Many people acknowledge that same-sex marriage is something that should be analyzed using this law. This discussion gives my personal perspective of this issue.
- Donald Trump’s Policies of Poverty and Human Rights One of the events related to an acute social issue of poverty in the United States involves the U.N. report on extreme U.S. poverty and human rights in the context of Donald Trump’s policies.
- Circumcision: Ethical Dilemma and Human Rights Circumcision is a complex phenomenon that can result in ethical dilemmas. To put it simply, circumcision consists of surgical operations on female and male genitals.
- Remote Sensing to Monitor Human Rights Violations The use of modern technologies provides multiple options for various agencies that assess situations regarding human rights and their violations.
- Human Rights Violation During Hong Kong Protests This paper discusses the violation of human rights as applied to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and applied to the context of the Hong Kong protests in 2019.
- Human Rights and Feminist Perspectives in Social Work This paper aims to review the main principles of human rights in order to understand the connections between the narratives of human rights and feminism.
- Circumcision as a Human Rights Issue in the US Circumcision can be considered one of the disputable practices that are still used on infants because of outdated believes and issues.
- Modern World Politics and the Cause of Human Rights Human rights, democracy and terrorism act as a triangle which bounds modern world politics to a certain limitation.
- Human Rights: Historical and Conceptual Evolution The Universal Declaration of Human Rights is a fundamental document for the world population. It covered all aspects of the social, economic, and political life of human beings.
- Cultural Relativism, Universal Jurisdiction and Human Rights The Human Rights area of different countries has its own peculiar features and structure. Human Rights are the result of people’s fight for independence.
- Business Practices and Human Rights Human rights refer to the fundamental rights of every human being, irrespective of race, sex, religion, political affiliation, social standing or any other feature.
- Human Rights Conservation and the War on Terror Public Safety is the concept of governmental organizations concerned with protecting their citizens from all kinds of threats.
- Human Rights Problem of Domestic Help in El Salvador The condition of human rights in El Salvador concerning the domestic helps has been steadily deteriorating over the years
- Human Rights: Social Relations and State and Citizens Relations Human rights play a crucial role in social relations and relations between the state and citizens. In the integral approach human rights are not made subservient to any ideology.
- Are Human Rights Universal? The author argues that the concept of “human rights” serves as an instrument of political propaganda, and not a legal mechanism for protecting the well-being of people.
- Sudan, Oil, War, and Human Rights This paper aims to address the main issues for why despite the end of the formal conflict in Sudan; global human rights actors have remained unable to stop the war-like patterns.
- Human Trafficking as Violation of Human Rights Human trafficking is a heinous issue that is very serious and dangerous for our society. It is widely known that human trafficking has become an expanding issue across the world.
- Confucianism and Human Rights Development The work highlights the main ideas of Confucianism, describes how it has changed over time under the influence of Western culture and what impact it has on our lives.
- Human Rights Violations in Hong Kong The article is about the arrest of district councilor Cheng Lai-king on March 26, 2020, after being accused of seditious intent.
- Global Human Rights Progress and the Role of National Cultural Value Systems This paper aims to investigate arguments in favor and against the claim that there has been progressing in developing global human rights over the last twenty years.
- UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights The U.N. Guiding Principles are a necessary but still insufficiently effective tool to protect human rights from large business structures.
- Human Trafficking: International Human Rights International human rights law defines human trafficking as the violation of an individual’s right to liberty through appropriation of their legal personality, labor and humanity.
- “Human Rights and Gender Issues: “The Love Suicides at Amijima” & “Tale of Kieu”” Comparing “The Love Suicides at Amijima” and “Tale of Kieu”, while representing different time periods, addresses the same problem of human rights and gender inequalities.
- Ethical Cases: Human Rights To Decide on One’s Life From medical ethics, care providers must follow the principles of autonomy and beneficence, but they are opposed to each other in these ethical cases.
- Immigrants Human Rights Violation in the United States The research question addresses the need to halt family separations at the border by launching long-term cooperation with other states, such as Mexico.
- Civil Rights Movement and Actual State of Human Rights Ending racial discrimination and equalization of rights between the variety of ethnic groups found on the territory of the United States is a struggle with a long history.
- Human Rights and the Rwandan Genocide In the first half of 1994, Rwanda lost approximately 800,000 citizens due to tribal clashes that led to what is referred to now as the Rwandan Genocide.
- Declaration of Human Rights Influence on Government In this article, the author examines the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and its impact on the governments.
- Affordable Care Act as a Fundamental Human Right Healthcare should be recognized as a fundamental human right, which can be based on a new Medicare for All program to be cost-effective and affordable.
- Human Rights Violation in Ethiopia The purpose of this paper is to draw the public’s attention to the terrifying events that are happening in Ethiopia and demand justice and freedom for the Oromo people.
- Human Rights Cities: Mountain View This blog post describes the records and the solutions of Mountain View city’s compliances to the global universal rights of an individual.
- The Convention for Safeguarding the Human Rights and Fundamental Freedom of the EU Citizens The convention for safeguarding the Human rights and fundamental freedom of the EU citizens were drawn up by the European Council on November 4th, 1950, and enforced in 1953.
- Slavery and Human Rights Violation The work presents three stories from various time periods and places, but they are common in the fact that, due to greed, some people are ready to sacrifice all human qualities.
- UK Anti-Terrorism Strategy and the Human Rights Implications on its Implementation The prevention of terrorism has been given a higher priority, and the new legislation has drawn on new instruments equivalent to the European levels.
- The Human Right to Equality and Racial Issues in the US This paper examines the issue of the human right to equality and non-discrimination, which is in question in the United States.
- The Issues of Public Health, Ethics, and Human Rights Human awareness of medical care limits, the recognition of societal structure influence, etc. provide a wide link between healthy vision and ethical norms perception.
- Human Rights and International Trade Human rights in international trade precipitated the formation of the World Trade Organization (WTO) which caters to the welfare of the workers and other interest groups.
- Medicine and Public Health, Ethics and Human Rights Nowadays one can observe the tense connection between public health, medicine, human rights, and ethics; it can be explained by a number of medical challenges, etc.
- Human Subjects Protection: International and Regional Human Rights Standards Any clinical expertise must be integrated with the best possible scientific evidence. Otherwise, it is impossible to provide patients with all the needed options.
- Responsibility of Mltinational Corporations in the Field of Human Rights Multinational corporations in the field of Human Rights have great power, force, potency, or effect in the entities of the current world order.
- Human Rights in Brown v. Board of Education Case The Brown v. Board of Education case was a fundamental court decision since it secured the rights of millions of children but also the rights of the African American population.
- Human Rights as an Essential Part of the Societal Structure Human rights are vital to any social structure as they create guidelines for the people based on their needs and desires.
- Role of Civil Society in Realization of Human Rights This essay discusses how civil bodies interact with the state to guarantee fundamental rights and freedoms in socio-political and economic facades.
- Prisoners’ Human Rights Protection For the protection of human rights in prisons, it is important to examine the existing practices and incorporate the knowledge about the methods of promoting social justice.
- The Universal Declaration of Human Rights The current paper reflects these rights to understand their impact on ending atrocities of unpleasant events that occurred in the past, such as war.
- The Universality of Human Rights “Human rights are “universal” rights in the sense that they are held “universally” by all human beings”. This report discusses the universality of human rights.
- Human Rights Under Russian Leadership Human rights are among the essential norms which standardize human behavior and are protected by local and international laws.
- A Form of Discrimination and Human Rights Violations Based on the relevance of the problem, models and methods of assistance to victims of domestic violence have been developed.
- Human Rights and the Burqa Ban in France This paper expounding on how the affected French citizens may go about opposing the ‘burqa ban’ in the court of law.
- Indigenous People and Human Rights This work examines what rights a person has in the process of acculturation, how acculturation affects the indigenous people of many countries, its tendencies in the modern world.
- Human Rights and Labor Laws Violations in Foreign Countries This discussion explores the situation in Chile and China, where workers have experienced labor laws and human rights violations in recent times.
- Feminist Movement: Women’s Rights Are Human Rights Women across the globe deserve a voice and equal human rights, and they should be appreciated, and their contributions to society acknowledged.
- Black Sports Activism: Olympic Project for Human Rights Black activism has been fundamental in reducing institutional racism and the mistreatment of African-Americans’ rights in the larger society.
- The Abortion Issue Regarding Human Rights This article raises the question of how people should determine what rights should be guaranteed by the constitution and what rights are core rights from birth.
- Human Rights Related to Immigration The essay discusses human rights related to immigration and analyzes if there are any ways to improve the situation of migrants.
- Human Rights in China and the USA Every country has a different attitude toward human rights. The purpose of this paper is to discuss the problem of human rights in China and the USA.
- Bartolome De Las Casas and Human Rights in the Age of Exploration Bartolome De Las Casas was a pivotal factor in the emergence of what is currently termed human rights principles, as shown by his deeds and ideas.
- Social Inequality and Human Rights in the Modern World This paper theorize civil rights to be the basis of developing the main social fields of education, healthcare, and career opportunities.
- Violations of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in China China has a long history of suppressing authors and freedom of speech. Liu Xiaobo is a literary critic, known for their participation in the social and political spheres.
- Freedom of Speech: The Basic Human Right Freedom of speech allows everyone to receive and impart information. People and communities should articulate their thoughts and ideas without fear of any form of intimidation.
- Human Rights and Public’s Right to Know The issue of sharing every kind of information with members of the public remains sensitive and capable of affecting the interests of both citizens and governments.
- The Fundamental Human Rights Speech Human rights, in plain terms, are the entitlement to the fundamental rights that are given to every individual. We are given these rights, which we retain until we die.
- Government Responsibility Regarding Human Rights This paper discusses the primary responsibility of governments in promoting and protecting human rights and outlines legal instruments and conventions that governments use.
- Human Rights from a Historical Perspective Recognizing the value of human rights guarantees that arbitrariness will not be tolerated and that democracy exists in society.
- Slavery as a Human Rights Issue The paper argues slavery in underdeveloped countries, especially Africa, continues to be a pressing and contemporary problem.
- History, Oppression and Human Rights Violation in India The caste system is not entirely eliminated and still exists in modern-day India expressed in property ownership and governance.
- American Freedom and Human Rights American spirit consists of a dream of innocence and freedom. It is every American’s duty to create justice, and every person has the power to do so.
- Recognition of Human Rights for LGBT Individuals The paper discusses the importance of studying the issue of LGBTQ people discrimination, including its causes, harmful effects, and current state.
- Human Rights and Discrimination Discrimination is against human rights and should be condemned because it has negative effects such as reduced productivity, feelings of anger, and anxiety.
- The Universal Declaration of Human Rights: Constructivists’ Views Constructivists’ views better than other approaches explain why such an initiative as the development of the declaration of universal human rights was even possible.
- Privacy as a Basic Human Right Privacy is significant since it helps individuals feel safe on a public platform and about the information they do not want to share with others.
- Having Children as a Human Right The massive significance of parenthood as a concept raises the question of whether people should be entitled to have children as a part of their basic set of rights.
- Human Rights and Freedom in Modern Society
- Citizen Journalism Protects Human Rights
- Human Development and Human Rights: South African Country Study
- The Black Lives Matter’s Fight for Human Rights in America
- The Black Lives Matter and Philosophies of Henry Shue and Thomas Pogge on Human Rights
- The Different Human Rights Violation in China
- The Bottled Water Industry and the Violation of Human Rights on a Global
- Government Reforms and Basic Human Rights
- The Death Penalty and Violations of Human Rights
- The Challenges and Struggles of Viola Desmond to Fight for Equal Human Rights
- Exploring the Relationship Between Military Spending & Human Rights Performance in South Asia
- How Effective Does the Human Rights Act 1998 Promotes
- Examining Coca Cola Human Rights Violations in Colombia
- The International Courts and Tribunals’ Success in Upholding Human Rights
- The Similarities and Differences in the Level of Development, Human Rights Protection, and Environmental Conditions Between the North and South
- Civil and Human Rights: Excessive Use of Force
- The History and Role of the Human Rights Watch, a Nonprofit Human Rights Organization
- Humanitarian Intervention and Human Rights Violationss
- Human Rights and Justice: Forms and Mechanisms of Oppression
- The Violation and Protection of Human Rights in Society
- The Mutual Relationship Between the Fields of Human Rights and Environmental Protection
- The Relationship Between Intellectual Property and Human Rights International Law
- The Constitution and the Declaration of Human Rights
- The Concepts and Significance of Human Rights in Society
- Children, Guantanamo Bay and the Violation of Human Rights
- Civil Liberties and Violations of Human Rights
- The Reason Why Countries Signed the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- Human Rights and Latin American Indigenous Women
- How the Death Penalty Is Against Our Human Rights
- The Criminal Defence and Human Rights Lawyer
- Effective Practices for Infusing Human Rights
- How Being Homeless Affects an Individual’s Human Rights
- Gay Marriage: The Recognition of Equal Human Rights
- The Black Codes: Limiting Basic Human Rights and Civil Liberties of Blacks
- Human Rights and International Investment Law
- Exponential Innovation and Human Rights: Implications for Science and Technology Diplomacy
- The World Struggle for Human Rights and the Rights of Self
- Child Soldiers Are Abused and Deprived of Human Rights
- Business and Human Rights: The Evolving International Agenda
- Development and Human Rights as Addressed by Bolivian President Evo Morales
- Human Rights and Development: The Antithesis of Armed Conflicts and War
- The Coca-Cola Company’s Abuse of Its Employees Through the Violation of the Code of Human Rights
- How Has the Human Rights Act Affected Parliamentary Supremacy
- Community Service Can Restore Social Justice and Uphold Human Rights
- Human Rights Act and Parliamentary Sovereignty
- Human Rights and Freedom of Expression and Opinion
- Human Rights and Criminal Justice in the United Kingdom
- How Far Has the Government Gone to Compromise Our Basic Human Rights
- Does Mental Health Treatment Infringe Human Rights?
- The Link Between Corruption and Human Rights Violations
- Are New Democracies Better Human Rights Compliers
- Connection Between Democracy and Human Rights
- Ethical and Philosophical Nature of Human Rights
- The Connection Between Torture and Sin as a Theological Theme in the Conference Torture, Human Rights, War on Terror
- The Pros and Cons of the Declaration of Human Rights
- China Internet Censorship Against Human Rights
- Human Rights and Civil Liberties in Canada
- Examining the Links Between Human Rights and Different Models of Disability in Education
- How Does Being Homeless Affect an Individual‘s Human Rights?
- How Far Has the Government Gone to Compromise Our Basic Human Rights?
- Are Security and Human Rights Mutually Exclusive?
- Are Human Rights Issues Valid?
- How Has Globalization Impacted Human Rights?
- How Can Community Service Improve Human Rights and Our Society as a Whole?
- How Did the Development of Human Rights Affect the Caste System in India?
- Are Human Rights Practices Improving?
- Are Human Rights Innate and Universal?
- Are Human Rights “Subversive to the Current” Society of States?
- How Does Human Rights Affect Multi-National Companies on Their Marketing Strategies?
- Does the Canadian Charter Effectively Protect Our Human Rights?
- Are Bangladeshi Women Enjoying Human Rights Properly?
- Are Human Rights Infringed in Treatments for Mental Health?
- Does Terrorism Threaten Human Rights?
- Are Human Rights Truly Universal?
- Are Human Rights Universal and Does It Matter?
- Does the Human Rights Act Protect Civil Liberties?
- Does the Terrorism Act Infringe Upon Our Human Rights?
- Are Human Rights Human?
- How Effectively Does the Human Rights Act 1998 Promote?
- Are Rich Nations Violating the Human Rights of the World’s Poor?
- Are Human Rights Universal Philosophy?
- Are Human Rights and Economic Well-Being Substitutes?
- Are Human Rights Protected?
- Are New Democracies Better Human Rights Compliers?
- Does the Human Rights Act 1998 Promote or Hinder Democracy?
- Are Worker Rights Human Rights?
- Does the WTO Violate Human Rights?
- Research project title generator
- Research question tool
Cite this post
- Chicago (N-B)
- Chicago (A-D)
StudyCorgi. (2023, September 13). 200 Human Rights Essay Topics & Examples. Retrieved from https://studycorgi.com/ideas/human-rights-essay-topics/
StudyCorgi. (2023, September 13). 200 Human Rights Essay Topics & Examples. https://studycorgi.com/ideas/human-rights-essay-topics/
"200 Human Rights Essay Topics & Examples." StudyCorgi , 13 Sept. 2023, studycorgi.com/ideas/human-rights-essay-topics/.
1. StudyCorgi . "200 Human Rights Essay Topics & Examples." September 13, 2023. https://studycorgi.com/ideas/human-rights-essay-topics/.
StudyCorgi . "200 Human Rights Essay Topics & Examples." September 13, 2023. https://studycorgi.com/ideas/human-rights-essay-topics/.
StudyCorgi . 2023. "200 Human Rights Essay Topics & Examples." September 13, 2023. https://studycorgi.com/ideas/human-rights-essay-topics/.
StudyCorgi . (2023) '200 Human Rights Essay Topics & Examples'. 13 September.
These essay examples and topics on Human Rights were carefully selected by the StudyCorgi editorial team. They meet our highest standards in terms of grammar, punctuation, style, and fact accuracy. Please ensure you properly reference the materials if you’re using them to write your assignment.
The essay topic collection was published on September 9, 2021 . Last updated on September 13, 2023 .
- How It Works
177 Human Rights Research Topics: Bright Ideas List 2023
Do you have a college research project or thesis on human rights and have been wondering how to prepare a good paper? You need a number of things, such as good research, analytical, and writing skills. However, the first step is getting the right topic. This is very challenging for most students, but we are here to help. This post provides a 177 human rights topics list that you can count on for the best grade. We will also tell you how to craft a great university human rights dissertation.
A Brief about Human Rights
Human rights are the basic freedoms and rights that belong to all persons in the globe, starting from birth to death. These rights apply irrespective of where you are, personal beliefs, or the way you decide to live your life. They cannot be taken away but can be restricted in some cases, such as if you break the law.
The basic rights are anchored on shared values, such as dignity, fairness, equality, independence, and respect. They are all protected by law. Because of their wide applications in areas such as the justice system and employment-related topics, you can expect to get many related school assignments and projects on it.
How to Write a Good Human Rights Thesis or Dissertation
Before we can look at the best human rights thesis topics, let’s look at the best process of writing it. This can be divided into six main steps:
- Identify the study topic in line with your class teacher/professor’s recommendations. You can use our list of basic human rights topics that comes shortly after this guide.
- Research the topic well to ensure it has ample resources. Then, identify the main points that will be covered during the study. It will be good to think about the entire dissertation right from the start because all parts are interconnected.
- Develop a thesis statement. This is very important because it will be tested after analyzing the results.
- Develop a good structure for the thesis. This is the outline that will guide you on what to include at what point. Carefully look at the current recommendation from your school. One of the best outlines you might want to consider include:
Introduction Literature review Methodology Results Analysis and discussion Conclusion Bibliography
- Prepare the first draft.
- Write the final draft by redefining the first draft. At this point, it will be a good idea to consider editing services from experts.
Next, we will highlight the main topics that you should consider in human rights. However, we’d like to remind that you can only pay for thesis and not waste your time over a tone of assignments.
Top Human Rights Research Topics
- How does social discrimination impact people living with HIV/AIDS?
- Same-sex marriage: Why is it more social compared to religious significance?
- A review of international reaction to sweatshops in Asian countries.
- A closer look at the flaws of morals for kids raised in the US compared to those brought up in Japan.
- A comprehensive review of the employment problem arising from the surge of the immigrant population.
- Human rights violations in a country of choice: How has it impacted its image?
- War against terrorism: How is it impacting human rights?
- Should prisoners retain their voting rights?
- Should the US cut trade ties with countries that grossly violate human rights?
- Universal human rights: Are they achievable in the modern world?
- Is there a point where human rights can be justified in the interest of national security?
- Use of cameras in public places: Do they violate human rights?
- Non-governmental organizations’ operations: Are they strong enough to help protect human rights?
- Promotion of human rights: Should it be the first priority for every government?
- Capitalistic systems: Do they defend or violate human rights?
- Comparing the policies for human rights protection of the United States and India.
- A review of human rights violations during the 2021 US army withdrawal from Afghanistan.
- Should the US be held accountable for the nuclear bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945?
- Human rights in the US and Latin America: A comparison.
- Compare two historical human rights portraits in the 20 th century.
Argumentative Human Rights Topics
- Is violation of human rights allowed during times of war?
- Circumcision of infants: Does it violate their human rights?
- Should women and men have varying rights?
- What is the link between human rights and traditions?
- Capital punishment: Should it be considered a violation of human rights?
- Right for freedom to education: Should it be made available for all?
- Social media networking services: Should they guarantee privacy for all the clients.
- Is the US policy on immigration discriminatory?
- Interest of states: Should it take precedence over an individual’s human rights?
- Developed countries have a duty to promote human rights in the developing states.
- Pet ownership should be considered a universal human right.
- Childhood concept differs from one culture to another: Should the notion of child labor also vary?
- What are inappropriate ways of fighting for human rights?
- Development of a country: Does it depend on the country’s defense of human rights?
- From a human rights perspective, which is the most important amendment to the US constitution?
- Comparing Apartheid and Holocaust: Has justice been done for the victims.
- Human rights in the 21 st century: Is the globe doing enough to address the crisis in the Tigray Region of Ethiopia and Afghanistan?
- What are the most important lessons on human rights from World War II?
- Human rights violations in West Bank: Has the globe done enough?
International Human Rights Topics
- What does the distribution of the COVID-19 vaccines tell us about human rights internationally?
- A review of cases of human rights in the United States between the 1950 and 2000.
- Analyze the impacts of discrimination based on color and race.
- A thematic review of modern human rights movements.
- Trace the evolution of human rights starting from the ancient times to the age of globalization.
- What is the relationship between human rights and peace in a country? A case study of the Netherlands.
- Disability in the UK is under attack: Discuss.
- Who should people running away from human rights violations turn to?
- Is it appropriate to deny human rights on the basis of religion and gender?
- Violation of human rights in North Korea: How is the developed world preparing to tackle it?
- Violation of human rights in Venezuela: Should the United States get involved?
- The right to stay silent in a court of law: How is this likely to affect the accused person?
- What are the best remedies for addressing violations of women’s rights in the Middle East?
- Will the world ever get to a point where people will live without worrying about human rights violations?
- What makes it so difficult to introduce gun control in the United States?
- Who should be held responsible for cases of mass shootings in schools?
Controversial Human Rights Topics
- What are the similarities and differences between human and civil rights?
- Evaluate the violation of human rights in Syria in the 21 st century.
- Police-related human rights violation: How can we prevent it?
- Should prisoners have a right to vote?
- Assisted euthanasia is a violation of human rights: Discuss.
- Should persons who try to take their own lives be charged in a court of law?
- What is the best way to punish states for violating human rights?
- Countries arming themselves with nuclear weapons are readying to violate human rights.
- How effective are laws on domestic violence in the UK?
- All cases of human abuses in history should be tried and concluded.
- Is the UN doing enough to protect human rights?
- Holocaust: Is it possible for the world to heal completely?
- Do you think that the Rwanda Genocide could have been avoided?
- It is time to act: How do you think the global community should handle the problem of immigrants trying to cross from Africa into Europe?
- The hidden danger of not addressing bullying in school.
- Is disciplining a child a violation of human rights?
- Are correctional facilities doing enough to correct the behavior of inmates?
- Is imprisonment enough to punish murder criminals?
- Making a case for life imprisonment and the death penalty for murder criminals.
- Is abortion a violation of human rights?
Human Rights Discussion Topics
- What is your view on the famous revolt of the Cockroach People?
- Discuss the outcomes of the LGBT movements in the 20 th century.
- A deeper look into civil rights movements from Malcolm X point of view.
- Interaction between Japan and China during WWII: How did it impact human rights issues in the two states?
- Discuss the biggest human rights violations in South Africa after Apartheid.
- UN Refugee program: How does it help enhance refugees’ welfare across the globe?
- French Revolution and human rights: A thematic review.
- Human rights in medieval Europe.
- Human Rights Act in New Zealand in 1993: What is its significance?
- Which human rights did women across the globe find hard to access in the 20 th century?
- Police brutality in Brazil: Are the efforts taken by the government enough?
- Discuss transgender rights in Europe.
- A review of transgender human rights issues in the United States.
- Disability rights in the UK.
- Comparing disability policies in the US and India.
- Racial profiling by police.
- What are the roots of racism in the United States?
- Review the Trail of Broken Treaties.
- A deeper look at the Chattel Slavery in the Colonial America.
- Review the African-American male experience.
- Reviewing the history of the Bill of Rights in the United States.
- Analyzing the American Indian Movement: How does it compare with other human rights movements?
- Human rights in modern cinema: How are whites and people of color-treated?
Interesting Civil Rights Topics
- Black Power Movement: How did it impact the Black Lives Matter in 2020 and 2021?
- Are the 20 th Century civil rights movements sustainable?
- Comparing women rights movements in 2020 and the 20 th century.
- How did Martin Luther influence the civil rights approaches that came after him?
- Comparing the scientific Revolution, Reformation and Renaissance movements’ impacts on western thought.
- Protestant Reformation: Discuss how Catholic Church’s corruption and crusaders of war contributed towards its formation.
- A closer look at the human rights movements during the Industrial Revolution of between 1760 and 1840.
- How did the teachings of the American Revolution help the secession movement and Civil War?
- How did Teddy Roosevelt impact the progressive movement?
- The impact of communism impacts world history.
- The location of a civil movement is the most important thing in its success: Discuss.
- What made people start nationalist movement in Prussia?
- Discuss the results of anti-nationalist movements in New York.
- Female and Islam oppression on the globe.
- Reinventing a revolution: A closer look at the Zapatista Movement.
- What is the link between music, protest, and justice?
- Confederate Flag: Is it a symbol of oppression?
- Review the voting rights of 1965.
- The West Memphis Three.
Special Human Rights Debate Topics
- Women rights in the first half and second half 20 th century.
- Legalization of same sex marriage and its impact on global fights for human rights.
- Human rights movements in the US and their impact on federal policies.
- International human rights movements: How has it influenced the UK judicial policies?
- Responsibility to protect: How is it related to the issue of human rights?
- Suffrage rights in ancient Greek: A holistic review.
- Human rights presentation in the philosophy of enlightenment.
- Human rights violations during the First World War.
- What are lessons did we learn from Hitler and Holocaust during WWII.
- These five reasons are the main causes of human rights violations in the 21 st century.
- The main causes of gender disparity in the US.
- Comparing the state of human rights in the UK and Qatar.
- Do you think the bible violates human rights?
- Environmental racism: What are the main effects?
- The importance of the judiciary in protecting human rights.
- Women rights in the Roman Empire.
- Segregation is a violation of human rights.
- Discussing critical human rights issues in India.
Unique Human Rights Topics for Research
- The collapse of the Soviet Union and Rise of Communism in Russia.
- Comparing the Pan-African movement to the 20 th -century cultural nationalism of Latin America.
- A review of the Hong Kong Umbrella Movement’s goals and methods.
- Abolition of death penalty: Why it is a major human rights issue.
- Popularity of social media and its impact on human rights. A closer review of Arab countries in North Africa.
- International Calvinism: What was the impact on European Culture?
- Why do other countries not intervene in North Korea where massive abuses of human rights have been reported?
- A statistical review of human trafficking in the 20 th century.
- How can a person as an individual help to promote human rights?
- Utilitarianism contravenes human rights.
- Human rights institutions and their efforts in protecting human rights in Africa.
- Military actions to protect human rights: Does it make sense?
- Black Lives Matter Movement protests: What does the movement say about human rights today?
- Does the UK constitution comprehensively cover the issue of human rights?
- Global manufacturing: How has it impacted the rights of workers?
- Has the International Labor Organization done enough to protect the plight of workers on the globe?
- How does poverty impact human rights in developing countries?
PhD Topics in Human Rights
- A review of the parts of the globe with the worst cases of human rights violation.
- How does the internet promote human trafficking? A thematic review.
- A comprehensive review of factors that impact the outcome of different trials in a court of law.
- Legitimate forms of the death penalty.
- What factors prevent people from getting justice? A literature review.
- A comprehensive review of the impacts of legalizing drug use.
- What factors prevent equal representation of women in top leadership roles in the developing world?
- What are the major problems faced by LGBT couples? Propose possible solutions.
- Racial profiling by police: A case study of Mexico.
- A comparative review of human rights policies of three countries of your choice in Europe.
Other Human Rights Research Paper Topics
- LGBT relationships: Why are they disallowed in some countries?
- Comparing the rights of pets to human rights?
- A review of human rights violations during quarantines caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- A review of the fundamental principle of the EU Commission of Human Rights.
- Human rights violations in Taiwan.
- What is the link between ecological problems and human rights problems?
- Evaluate the most frequently violated human right in your workplace.
- What is the UK policy on refugees?
- A closer review of transgender rights in Europe.
- Discuss physical abuses in marriage in the UK.
- Evaluate the amendment of laws in France to suit LGBT relationships.
- Prisoners of war: Do they deserve human rights protection?
- Discuss the strategies used by the two countries with the best human rights records.
- Comparing the human rights institutions in Africa to those in Asia.
- Violation of human rights in Crimea in 2014: Were the remedies enough?
Need Assistance in Writing Your Research Papers on Human Rights?
One thing we must indicate is that writing a dissertation is never easy. It is the last and biggest academic project before graduating. Therefore, it is very important to get it right. The best way to achieve this is by seeking the help of a dissertation writing service.
Our professionals are the most efficient among the best dissertation writing services. We work with skilled writers that you can count on for excellent work. The experts are educated in top universities and have a lot of experience preparing A-rated work. The writers are trustworthy online professionals and will only deliver 100% unique custom papers. Even if your dissertation has a very tight deadline, our writers are quick and will complete it on time. Our services are also affordable, and all that you need to do is ask us to “ help with my thesis .”
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Comment * Error message
Name * Error message
Email * Error message
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
As Putin continues killing civilians, bombing kindergartens, and threatening WWIII, Ukraine fights for the world's peaceful future.
Ukraine Live Updates
Human Right Thesis- Write With Expertise
Human Right Thesis
Human right, in simple, means the inalienable rights of freedom, justice and equality any human being is entitled with. It is one of the most sensitive areas of study a student may have to confront with. Human right thesis involves taking a clear stand on the issue concerning human rights. The various issues relevant for the study of human rights are implementations, violations, government laws, international laws, declarations of human rights etc. Thus it requires an in depth knowledge of these issues to write a strong thesis paper in human rights. ProfEssays.com offers assistance to students to write any custom essays , custom research paper or thesis on any thesis topic including human right thesis .
An expert help can certainly help you throw light on various issues as aforementioned. The writers at ProfEssays.com are well knowledgeable in the field of human rights and can tackle the issues in educative fashion. They will ensure that the content of your human right thesis are strong to convince your point to the readers. Also, they are well acquainted with various writing style- APA style , MLA style , Chicago style, etc. that need to be adhered while writing.
Following tips can be helpful for your human right thesis .
- Well defined problem- clearly defines which area or issue of human rights you are focusing. Take a clear point, like the thesis topic, ‘prejudices faced by the women in Asia’ clearly defines the problem you are addressing.
- In-depth review of literature- human rights is a broad topic and multidisciplinary- it touches psychology, politics, sociology, etc. thus you should make sure you understands the various factors relevant to your issue.
- Well founded conclusions and deductions- for every contention and conclusion you draw, you should present supportive of facts & evidences. If you are saying ‘the women in Asia are deprived of basic right to education’, you should also give a detail or figures to support it.
- Sensitivity- since human right thesis requires you to be very sensitive; you should make sure that your paper does not offend the feelings and emotions of any gender, race, ethnicity, nationality and so on.
- Originality & ingenuity- last, but not the least, be original and ensure creativity in your paper. Even though you take certain ideas from other, make certain that they are borrowed merely to support ideas and the arguments presented by you.
If you carefully follow these guidelines certainly it will add value to your thesis. For an excellent human right thesis, however, you can give an order to ProfEssays.com . Our writers will take the writing job with total sincerity and dedication. They will give a personal touch to the paper to ensure originality. Plagiarism is a strong ‘no’ to our writers. You can even give us the job of writing college thesis, or graduate thesis in any thesis topic. We ensure 100 % confidentiality to your paper and your details. And all these come at a very affordable rate.
Looking for an exceptional company to do some custom writing for you? Look no further than ProfEssays.com! You simply place an order with the writing instructions you have been given, and before you know it, your essay or term paper, completely finished and unique, will be completed and sent back to you. At ProfEssays.com, we have over 500 highly educated, professional writers standing by waiting to help you with any writing needs you may have! We understand students have plenty on their plates, which is why we love to help them out. Let us do the work for you, so you have time to do what you want to do!
- Customers' Testimonials
- Custom Book Report
- Help with Case Studies
- Personal Essays
- Custom Movie Review
- Narrative Essays
- Argumentative Essays
- Homework Help
- Essay Format
- Essay Outline
- Essay Topics
- Essay Questions
- How to Write a Research Paper
- Research Paper Format
- Research Paper Introduction
- Research Paper Outline
- Research Paper Abstract
- Research Paper Topics
Academia.edu no longer supports Internet Explorer.
To browse Academia.edu and the wider internet faster and more securely, please take a few seconds to upgrade your browser .
Enter the email address you signed up with and we'll email you a reset link.
- We're Hiring!
- Help Center
Human Rights Thesis by Abdeta Emana
Markel Redondo Ibarrondo
Journal of Human Rights
"Drawing on ﬁndings from ﬁeld research in Ghana, analyses of the 2003 MaputoProtocol on women’s rights in Africa and other human rights instruments, this article discussesthe challenges of advocating for individual women’s rights in African states. The articleexamines the strategies women’s rights advocates employ in navigating cultural hindrancesto women’s rights and negotiating women’s individual rights within Ghana’s socio-culturaland political terrain. It argues that advocates must advance a type of ‘speciﬁc relativism’that is based on a ﬁne balance between universalist and cultural relativist claims within thehuman rights discourse. Further, it argues that African women’s rights issues, considered inthe context of Africa’s post-colonial environment, highlight the manner in which globaleconomic inequalities reinforce oppressive cultural customs that marginalise women andcontribute to rights violations. Therefore, women’s advocates must also take into account the global economic system when articulating claims for African women’s rights"
Jimma University Journal of law
The practice of Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) is a cultural practice that is carried out by more than 30 African and Middle East Countries. It is labeled as one of the harmful traditional practices and crime against women and girls. FGM is highly prevalent in Ethiopia. In order to address the problem, the government has criminalized the practice under the 2004 Criminal Code. Instead of using words that indicate the gravity of the practice such as female genital cutting or mutilation, the law, however, has used 'circumcision' which is a less condemning word. Besides, the law has not criminalized the full scale of FGM. These shortcomings have undermined the effectiveness of the law to criminalize and deter the practice. Consequently, the practice is unabated to date and continued to be practiced in different parts of the country with different magnitude and justifications. Through reviewing and analyzing the pertinent international human rights instruments and literature, this study has identified the limits of criminalization of FGM in Ethiopia.
Tadesse Kassa Woldetsadik
Rakeb Aberra , Fasil Mulatu Gessesse
International Journal of Social Welfare
Farnoosh Milde (Rezaeeahan)
Research Handbook on Feminist Engagement with International Law
Gemechu Shale Ogato
Ambo University , Fikre Fikadu Fufa
Olú Abíkóyè , bolaji pearse
Journal of Internal Displacement
Wakgari Kebeta Djigsa (Assistant Professor of Law)
Dhaka University Law Journal
MOHAMMAD GOLAM SARWAR
Association of Iranian Culture Abroad
Melak Mengistab Gebresilassie
Alemayehu Fentaw Weldemariam
Bangladesh Journal of Law
Md. Golam Mostofa Hasan
- We're Hiring!
- Help Center
- Find new research papers in:
- Health Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Cognitive Science
- Computer Science
- Academia ©2023
- Write my thesis
- Thesis writers
- Buy thesis papers
- Bachelor thesis
- Master's thesis
- Thesis editing services
- Thesis proofreading services
- Buy a thesis online
- Write my dissertation
- Dissertation proposal help
- Pay for dissertation
- Custom dissertation
- Dissertation help online
- Buy dissertation online
- Cheap dissertation
- Dissertation editing services
- Write my research paper
- Buy research paper online
- Pay for research paper
- Research paper help
- Order research paper
- Custom research paper
- Cheap research paper
- Research papers for sale
- Thesis subjects
- How It Works
100 Great Human Rights Topics for Research Papers
One of the most important things about writing a good academic essay is coming up with a good topic. This collection of human rights topics have been put together by our team of experts. They have scoured the internet to find the most relevant human rights topics for essays that are relevant today. They are free to use for any assignment and can be customized to fit specific essay prompts. We have some topics in many other fields as well. You can take a look at biology topic ideas .
Human Rights Paper Topics for High School Students
Not all human rights topics are easy to tackle. We have gathered great ideas for students at the high school level:
- Is circumcision in infants a violation of human rights?
- Is it possible for the world to standardize an equal level of human rights for all people?
- How do human rights differ in the U.S. and Europe?
- Should cultural and societal traditions affect what human rights are allowed?
- Should the United States abolish the death penalty?
Human Rights Essay Topics for College Students
- Should social media guarantee privacy rights to its users?
- Should free education be given to all citizens in the United States?
- Can the rights of individuals be restricted according to states’ interests?
- Should all citizens of the U.S. be afforded the right to own a pet?
- How does global trade affect human rights in different countries?
Human Rights Essay Topics for Graduate Students
These human rights essay ideas are tougher than the other topics on our list of 100. They are designed for graduate-level students:
- Is it ethical to restrict trade to certain countries where human rights are being violated?
- Is it ethical to have different human rights from country to country? (E.g. government’s choice).
- Should developing countries allow children to work to support their families?
- Should states be responsible for raising and ensuring a standard living wage for all workers?
- Does using the military as a way to protect human rights contradictory?
Civil Rights Topics that Are Important Today
- Do the immigration policies of the United States violate civil rights?
- Should countries make their determination about child labor laws?
- Do life sentences violate a person’s civil rights?
- Do you agree that civil rights should be universal for every person?
- What are the most effective ways of promoting civil rights?
Interesting and Original Women’s Rights Topics
- Should women be afforded different human rights than men?
- When it comes to protecting women’s rights, is democracy the best political system?
- Should developed countries be responsible for promoting women’s rights in other parts of the world?
- How do the current protests in the U.S. (e.g., police brutality) affect women’s rights?
- Should child marriage be banned because of the risk young girls assume (e.g. pregnancy, spousal abuse, etc.)?
Civil Rights Movement Essay Topics
- Is LGBTQ employment discrimination getting enough attention in the media?
- Human trafficking counties to be a problem around the world, so do developed countries have the most responsibility towards ending this practice?
- Nearly 10% of the deaths caused by police shootings involved unarmed victims. Should police be held to greater accountabilities?
- Are people who are overweight being unfairly discriminated against by certain types of businesses?
- Which historical figure has had the greatest impact on the Civil Rights Movement in the U.S.?
Great Ideas for a Human Rights Violation Essay
- Is it a violation to prevent minority communities in Southeast Asia from owning land?
- In what ways are human rights affected in developing countries?
- How has internet technology affected human trafficking in developing countries?
- Do states have the power to violate human rights during times of war?
- Which country leads the way in guaranteeing human rights for its citizens?
Human Rights Topics for Research Paper
This collection of human rights essay topic ideas will change the way your professors look at you. Write about these and you will impress even the toughest of instructors.
- Which countries have the worst freedom of press track records?
- Is the use of torture ever justifiable in situations that can prevent violence upon civilians?
- What are the major differences between female and male leadership?
- Are women asked to do more because of outdated views of domestic partnerships?
- How are LGBTQ rights different across European countries?
Human Rights Thematic Essay Ideas for College Students
- How is the right to own property or land a human rights issue?
- What are the biggest reasons for gender-based pay gaps in European countries?
- What legal rights do labor workers have in developed countries?
- What are the biggest factors behind the gender pay gaps in the United States?
- What role has social media had in empowering the rights of women?
Controversial Civil Rights Research Topics
- How have issues regarding police brutality affected society’s view of law enforcement?
- Discuss Europe’s civil rights for transgender people.
- How have disabled people been treated in the United States in the last decade?
- How has the use of torture during the Gulf Wars affected U.S. international credibility?
- What are the biggest human rights issues for political refugees entering the U.S?
Human Rights Research Topics that Will Inspire
- Discuss the United States’ policies on political refugees entering the country.
- Does the UN Refugee Program give adequate rights to political refugees?
- How has the use of cell phones as recording devices affected cases of police brutality?
- What are the biggest factors that have influenced trial outcomes at The Hague?
- In what countries do native people face the largest infringement on human rights?
Women Rights Essay Topics Being Discussed Today
An equal rights essay is difficult to talk about, to begin with; imagine having to deal with a controversial issue affecting women. Try these topics.
- In what ways are women’s reproductive rights concerns for human rights proponents?
- How does gender affect violent crimes around the world?
- Why is it important to promote equal pay in professional sports?
- What impact did the U.S. Women’s Soccer Team’s victories have in promoting all women’s sports?
- How has the state of the feminist movement changed in the U.S. over the last 50 years?
Great Animal Rights Topics for Any Assignment
- Does the beauty product industry have the right to experiment on animals?
- What is the history of animal rights in the United States?
- Should Europe prohibit the importation of products coming from countries that abuse animals?
- What are the biggest issues concerning animal rights in the U.K?
- How has human overpopulation affected the rights of animals in the wild?
Civil Rights Essay Topics Relevant in Today’s World
- How effective has mental health treatment been in different parts of the world?
- What are the largest civil rights issues affecting society in post-Apartheid South Africa?
- What civil rights issue poses the biggest problem for the people of North Korea?
- How has manufacturing around the world been affected by civil rights?
- Is the abolishment of capital punishment an issue of civil or human rights?
More Civil Rights Movement Research Topics
- How did Malcolm X differ from Martin Luther King Jr. in his approach to Civil Rights for the black community?
- What two women had the biggest impact on the Civil Rights Movement in the 1960s?
- What was different about the legislation in Mississippi compared to other states in the 1950s and 1960s?
- In what areas do we still need to make improvements to Civil Rights today?
- What role did music have during the Civil Rights Movement in the 1960s?
Human Rights Debate Topics Being Discussed Today
The human rights topics list is hard to come up with We make it easy with these.
- How is the human rights issue discussed or explored in the film “Hidden Figures?”
- What role does the ombudsman play in today’s human rights debate?
- Which human rights were violated by Japan’s invasion of China during WWII?
- What are the biggest racial reasons for human rights violations in today’s world?
- How is the African American Female experience different from other books?
Civil Rights Essay for Today’s Upcoming Youth
- Why is it important for today’s youth to go study the feminist movement?
- Is civil rights still an important issue that is adequately covered in the news?
- How does race disparity affect how professional athletes are punished for infractions?
- Should professional sports leagues institute rules to help minorities claim majority ownership?
- Do Affirmative Action laws violate the rights of Caucasians?
Human Rights Violations Essay for Graduate Students
- In what ways have human trafficking violations changed?
- Why are same-sex marriages still illegal in many countries around the world?
- Should non-violent criminals in jail be allowed to vote in state and federal elections?
- Should the military be used to protect human rights internationally?
- What impact did the events of WWII have on human rights during wartime?
Human Rights Research Paper Topics for Today’s World
- What is meant by the term “environment racism”?
- Does the gig economy help widen or shorten human rights issues?
- How does international trade affect human rights around the world?
- Eliminating workplace discrimination in different parts of the world?
- What impact did Australia have on the United Nation’s Human Rights Council?
Topic on Human Rights that will Wow the Room
- What impact has the United States’ withdrawal from the United Nation’s Human Rights Council had on third-world countries?
- In what ways do the police violate human rights by racial profiling of suspects?
- What impact has the LGBTQ movement had on people in the 21st century?
- How are people with mental illness coping with the social stigma afforded to them?
- How does discrimination based on race negatively impact productivity?
Whenever you need to write an essay about human rights you can refer to this list or check our other collections of civil rights movement topics. If you need different or fresh ideas you can get in touch with one of our thesis experts to get a custom-written civil rights topics list to fit whatever assignment requirements you have.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- How it works
How much will your dissertation cost?
Have an expert academic write your dissertation paper!
Get unlimited topic ideas and a dissertation plan for just £45.00
Order topics and plan
Get 1 free topic in your area of study with aim and justification
Yes I want the free topic
100s of Free Human Rights Law Dissertation Topics and Titles
Published by Grace Graffin at January 6th, 2023 , Revised On August 15, 2023
Writing a dissertation is a long process that requires good research skills and decent expertise in the field. Depending on the researcher’s university’s academic requirements, some different pre-requisites and requirements should be fulfilled before writing the dissertation (thesis).
For instance, the supervisor may ask the researcher to provide a dissertation proposal with topics based on the current legal trends. Once the dissertation topic is approved, the researcher will have to provide the supervisor with the research aim and problem statement alongside a good methodology .
2022 Human Rights Law Dissertation Topics
Topic 1: how the social rights of immigrants are protected under international human rights law: a primary investigation in the uk.
Research Aim: The research will aim to investigate the protection of social rights of immigrates given in the international law in the UK. Many human rights contracts clearly forbid discrimination centered on state origin and want states to guarantee that immigrants’ human rights are treated equally. Moreover, immigrants, like other particularly vulnerable groups, have been granted additional safeguards under international law to address situations in which their rights are most at danger, such as the employment. The research will focus on the immigrants and their social rights in the UK.
Topic 2: The role of social media apps in spreading awareness among youth about human right
Research Aim: The research will aim to explore the part social media plays in spreading awareness of human rights among young. In today’s world, people used social media more than reading newspaper and social media has also helped many people get justice. Young or old, every age group is active on social platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Tiktok etc. and these apps have brought a new way to learn things. So this study will specifically focus on social media apps and how they are contributing in spreading awareness about human rights among people.
Topic 3: What obstacles do international human rights policies encounter in terms of implementation? An academic review
Research Aim: The research will aim to investigate the challenges and problem international human rights face during implementation. There are many factors that make it difficult to implement the policies in a country or an organization. There should be solution to revolves the problems and challenges in implementation of international human rights. This study will explore and explain the challenges and try to give solution to tackle the challenges.
Topic 4: How are the rights of men being violated in the society? A human right perspective
Research Aim: The research aims to find the reason through which the rights of men are being violated in the society. Men’s rights are violated in the society more often now. Men also get raped, beaten, killed without anyone questioning the abuser. Even after getting hit by a woman, people blame the man. Violence against males is a severe violation of human rights. A government’s role is to guard males from abuse, including domestic violence.
Topic 5: Define the rights to ethics, religion and life in the context of human rights law in US
Research Aim: The research will aim to define the basic human right to culture, religion and life in the human rights law in the US. The research will explain the fundamental rights given to human beings, freedom of speech, and thorough explanation of the human rights law article. The study will also describe the acts that violate fundamental human right.
Covid-19 Human Rights Law Research Topics
Impacts of coronavirus on human rights.
Research Aim: This study will highlight the impacts of Coronavirus on human rights.
International human rights law and COVID-19
Research Aim: This study will address the current pandemic crisis and international human rights law status in response to COVID-19.
United Nations on human rights during COVID-19
Research Aim: This study will review the United Nations’ response to human rights for protecting human health and rights during COVID-19.
The role of National Human Rights Institutions during COVId-19
Research Aim: This study will highlight National Human Rights Institutions’ role during COVID-19.
Dissertation Topics in Human Rights Law
Human Rights is an important area of the law inherent to all human beings, regardless of their race, sex, nationality, ethnicity, language, religion, and other status forms.  Human Rights can be seen as the most significant law area that has taken place since the end of the Second World War. 
According to Rehman, even though the world has evolved over the years, human rights continue to be constrained and limited.  Research in this particular area of the law is important to know its weaknesses and limitations in the 21st century.
This document contains a wide range of dissertation topics based on the area of Human Rights or Fundamental Rights. These topics provided by our PhD qualified writers are based on the current legal trends, which tend to assess different topics related to Human Rights in the 21st Century.
Most of the themes provided have never been researched before and use a desk-based or comparative analysis approach to provide a meaningful contribution to human rights.
Some topics are aimed at thesis which should implement an international aspect of Human Rights. On the other hand, the other topics are focused on specific jurisdictions such as the United Kingdom or the European Union.
You can also start your dissertation by requesting a brief research proposal from our writers on any of these topics, including an introduction to the topic, research question , aim and objectives, literature review , and the proposed research methodology to be conducted. Let us know if you need any help in getting started.
Check our dissertation example to get an idea of how to structure your dissertation .
Review step by step guide on how to write your own dissertation here .
2021 Best Human Rights Law Dissertation Titles
Topic 1: an assessment of life imprisonment under the european convention on human rights..
Research Aim: The research will be based on fundamental rights, more specifically on the European Convention on Human Rights. The research will use a desk-based approach assessing Article 3 of the ECHR, which prohibits inhuman or degrading treatment and punishment. The research critically assesses how the EU Member States deal with life imprisonment based on their domestic legislation.
Topic 2: Should prisoners be allowed to exercise their right to vote in a democratic society?
Research Aim: Disfranchisement is known as the revocation of the fundamental right to vote in a democratic society. The research will assess if there is a need to make the right to vote a basic fundamental right that can be exercised by prisoners. The research will use be a comparative assessment based on different jurisdictions.
Topic 3: The European Court Of Human Rights and its effectiveness amongst the EU member states
Research Aim: The research will assess the role of the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR) in safeguarding the rights of EU Citizens. The research will evaluate the EU Supremacy and its authority over the EU Member States regarding human rights. In this line, the research will demonstrate how The ECtHR should balance the EU Law’s fundamental rights and the Member State’s Constitution on fundamental rights.
Topic 4: The link between human rights and same-sex marriage
Research Aim: The Universal Declaration on Human Rights recognises same-sex marriage as a basic right to marriage. However, it can be seen that most countries do not recognise this right. The research will assess different jurisdictions where same-sex marriage is considered legal to enforce this right amongst the signatory countries.
Topic 5: Assessment of human rights in the workplace
Research Aim: Basic Human Rights, such as protection from slavery or inhuman treatment, are available under the Universal Declaration on Human Rights. However, the research will assess human rights’ employment, such as fair treatment, equal pay, and minimum wage. The research will use a comparative analysis to evaluate how different jurisdictions view human rights regarding employment.
Topic 6: The right to life and death penalty in the 21st century
Research Aim: The fundamental right to life is enshrined under the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. On the other hand, the death penalty seems to be against the right to life and the protection of life preservation. The research will assess how to strike a balance between the right to life and capital punishment.
Topic 7: Should the death penalty be reinstated in the United Kingdom post-Brexit?
Research Aim: The 13th Protocol of the European Convention on Human Rights has prohibited the restoration of the United Kingdom’s death penalty since 2004. The research will assess if the United Kingdom should reinstate the death penalty after Brexit. Since the United Kingdom will leave the European Union, it will no more be a party to the convention and will be able to reinstate the death penalty.
Topic 8: Social media and the right to hold an opinion
Research Aim: The research will assess if the current Freedom of Speech and the Right to hold an opinion is adequate to be used online. The research will demonstrate a need to reform the Universal Declaration on Human Rights for online use.
Topic 9: Should article 14 of the Human Rights Act 1998 be amended to implement more protected characteristics?
Research Aim: Article 14 of the Human Rights 1998 has a minimal number of protected characteristics. Following Brexit, the United Kingdom nationals may lose the protection of the European Convention on Human Rights. In this line, the research will assess whether there is a need to review Article 14 of the Human Rights Act 1998.
Topic 10: Should Human Rights be ignored when taking counter-terrorism measures?
Research Aim: The research will assess if Human Rights should be overlooked when dealing with counter-terrorism measures. The research will aim to demonstrate if there is a need to protect a presumed or prospective terrorist’s basic human rights.
Topic 11: The EU Supremacy and the Constitutional Rights of the Member States
Research Aim: The EU Supremacy imposes authority and control over the EU Member States. In this line, a Member State should remove all conflicting laws that are incompatible with the EU Law. The research will assess the extent to which Member States have accepted the authority of the EU supremacy regarding human rights. In other words, the research will demonstrate if the European Convention on Human Rights has adequate fundamental rights for the Member States.
Topic 12: The importance of Human Rights in a democratic society
Research Aim: The research will assess human rights’ importance, which is a pivotal requirement for democracy. The research will use a comparative analysis of how fundamental rights have been adopted around the world. Furthermore, the research will assess how certain countries that do not follow the Universal Declaration on Human Rights may suffer from the lack of democratisation.
Topic 13: The role of courts in safeguarding fundamental rights in their domestic jurisdiction
Research Aim: The research will demonstrate the courts’ key role in safeguarding the fundamental rights enshrined in a country’s Constitution.
Topic 14: Does the General Data Protection Regulation Act as a Safeguard to the Basic Right To Privacy?
Research Aim: The research will assess the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and its safeguards regarding the right to privacy. The research demonstrates how the GDPR can have an important human rights aspect, such as when dealing with a consumer or an online user.
Topic 15: Should Countries Implement A Constitutional Court for Fundamental Rights Breaches?
Research Aim: The research will assess how each country deals with breaches of fundamental rights. The research aims to provide recommendations in implementing a higher domestic authority to treat only constitutional matters like the Constitutional Court of South Africa.
Topic 16: Can Torture Be Justified Under Human Rights?
Research Aim: Article 5 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights provides that no individual shall be subjected to torture. The research will assess whether torture can ever be justified under the law. For instance, the research will aim to demonstrate whether there are justifiable grounds to inflict torture on criminals in certain cases such as terrorism with the view of getting confessions.
Topic 17: CCTV Surveillance and the Right to Privacy
Research Aim: The Research will assess the use of CCTV surveillance and its effect on Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights. The research will demonstrate if covert surveillance can either undermine or positively affect the right to privacy. The research will further critically analyse the right to privacy against public policy for the common good.
Topic 18: The Need to Standardise Disability Rights around the World
Research Aim: The Research will aim at comparing and contrasting different disability rights under certain jurisdictions. The research will assess whether there is a need to standardise disability rights under one convention or treaty.
Topic 19: Should the Right to Education Be Extended to Tertiary Education
Research Aim: The research will access the right to education as found under Article 26 of the Universal Declaration on Human Rights. The right to education applies to only fundamental stages of education, such as primary and secondary education. The research will aim to demonstrate if the right to education should be extended to tertiary education.
Topic 20: The Role of Legislators and the Right to Education in the Sub-Saharan Region
Research Aim: The research will assess legislators’ role with regard to the right to education. The research will demonstrate whether Sustainable Development Goal No. 4 (SDG4) is implemented in various sub-Saharan regions. The research will prove whether the legislators are implementing appropriate safeguards to remain in line with SDG4 to promote quality education.
How Can Research Prospect Help?
Research Prospect writers can send several custom topic ideas to your email address. Once you have chosen a topic that suits your needs and interests, you can order for our dissertation outline service , which will include a brief introduction to the topic, research questions , literature review , methodology , expected results , and conclusion . The dissertation outline will enable you to review the quality of our work before placing the order for our full dissertation writing service !
As demonstrated in this document’s dissertation topics, there is a wide range of human rights law themes that have not been explored over the years. Human Rights Law is an important area of the law that should be assessed to provide precious recommendations for its existence in our modern society. These topics will give a meaningful contribution to the area of human rights and fundamental rights.
 ‘Human Rights’ (Un.org, 2020) <https://www.un.org/en/sections/issues-depth/human-rights/> accessed 29 February 2020.
 Sorensen (ed.), Manual of Public International Law (MacMillan, 1968) pp. 469-530.
 Javaid Rehman, International Human Rights Law (Pearson Education UK 2015).
As a human rights law student looking to get good grades, it is essential to develop new ideas and experiment with existing human rights law theories – i.e., to add value and interest to your research topic.
The field of human rights law is vast and interrelated to so many other academic disciplines like law , business law , cybercrime , and more. That is why it is imperative to create a human rights law dissertation topic that is particular, sound, and actually solves a practical problem that may be rampant in the field.
We can’t stress how important it is to develop a logical research topic based on your entire research. There are several significant downfalls to getting your topic wrong; your supervisor may not be interested in working on it, the topic has no academic creditability, the research may not make logical sense, and there is a possibility that the study is not viable.
This impacts your time and efforts in writing your dissertation , as you may end up in the cycle of rejection at the initial stage of the dissertation. That is why we recommend reviewing existing research to develop a topic, taking advice from your supervisor, and even asking for help in this particular stage of your dissertation.
While developing a research topic, keeping our advice in mind will allow you to pick one of the best human rights law dissertation topics that fulfil your requirement of writing a research paper and add to the body of knowledge.
Therefore, it is recommended that when finalizing your dissertation topic, you read recently published literature to identify gaps in the research that you may help fill.
Remember- dissertation topics need to be unique, solve an identified problem, be logical, and be practically implemented. Please look at some of our sample human rights law dissertation topics to get an idea for your own dissertation.
How to Structure your Human Rights Law Dissertation
A well-structured dissertation can help students to achieve a high overall academic grade.
- A Title Page
- Abstract: A summary of the research completed
- Table of Contents
- Introduction : This chapter includes the project rationale, research background, key research aims and objectives, and the research problems. An outline of the structure of a dissertation can also be added to this chapter.
- Literature Review : This chapter presents relevant theories and frameworks by analysing published and unpublished literature on the chosen research topic to address research questions . The purpose is to highlight and discuss the selected research area’s relative weaknesses and strengths whilst identifying any research gaps. Break down the topic and key terms that can positively impact your dissertation and your tutor.
- Methodology : The data collection and analysis methods and techniques employed by the researcher are presented in the Methodology chapter, which usually includes research desig n, research philosophy, research limitations, code of conduct, ethical consideration, data collection methods, and data analysis strategy .
- Findings and Analysis : Findings of the research are analysed in detail under the Findings and Analysis chapter. All key findings/results are outlined in this chapter without interpreting the data or drawing any conclusions. It can be useful to include graphs, charts, and tables in this chapter to identify meaningful trends and relationships.
- Discussion and Conclusion : The researcher presents his interpretation of the results in this chapter and states whether the research hypothesis has been verified or not. An essential aspect of this section of the paper is to link the results and evidence from the literature. Recommendations with regards to implications of the findings and directions for the future may also be provided. Finally, a summary of the overall research, along with final judgments, opinions, and comments, must be included in the form of suggestions for improvement.
- References : This should be completed following your University’s requirements
- Appendices : Any additional information, diagrams, and graphs used to complete the dissertation but not part of the dissertation should be included in the Appendices chapter. Essentially, the purpose is to expand the information/data.
About Research Prospect Ltd
Research Prospect is a UK based academic writing service that provides help with Dissertation Proposal Writing , PhD. Proposal Writing , Dissertation Writing , Dissertation Editing, and Improvement .
Our team of writers is highly qualified. They are experts in their respective fields. They have been working for us for a long time. Thus, they are well aware of the issues and the trends of the subject they specialize in.
Free Dissertation Topic
Academic Level Select Academic Level Undergraduate Graduate PHD
Area of Research
Frequently Asked Questions
How to find human rights law dissertation topics.
To find Human Rights Law dissertation topics:
- Study recent legal developments.
- Examine global human rights issues.
- Analyze case law and controversies.
- Explore intersection with other fields.
- Consider cultural and social aspects.
- Select a topic resonating with your passion and research objectives.
You May Also Like
Here is a list of Technology dissertation topics to help you choose the one studies anyone as per your requirements.
Need interesting and manageable sustainability and green technology dissertation topics or thesis? Here are the trending sustainability and green technology dissertation titles so you can choose the most suitable one.
There have been midwives around for decades now. The role of midwives has not changed much with the advent of modern medicine, but their core function remains the same – to provide care and comfort to pregnant women during childbirth.
Ready to place an order?
Useful links, learning resources.
- How It Works
180 Best Human Rights Topics to Consider For Academic Writing
Table of Contents
If you are a law student, then during your course duration, your professor may ask you to prepare academic papers on human rights topics. Basically, human right is an interesting field of study that primarily deals with the various set of principles associated with equality and fairness. Mainly, the subject covers the right to life, liberty, speech, work, education, freedom from slavery, torture, and many more.
In case, you are confused about what topic to choose for your human rights research paper, take a look at this blog post. Here, we have suggested the 150+ best human research paper topics on different themes. In addition to that, we have also explained how to pick the right topic from a wide range of ideas.
Human Rights Research Paper Topic Selection
There is no rule as well as the process for naming an appropriate subject on human rights for writing a research paper . So, all you need to consider is that it is your individual preference and the needs of science.
Generally speaking, it is good to study any subject that can generate social knowledge. Besides that, what’s even more interesting is that the topic you choose is specific and fills the holes currently in the body of literature.
Specifically, there are various human rights topics to write about by category, and based on place, region, and municipality, the list of Human Resources Research Topics can be expanded.
List of Human Rights Topics and Ideas
For writing your academic paper, the following list of excellent human rights research ideas on different themes will be helpful to you.
Simple Human Rights Topics
- Causes of payment inequalities based on gender in the U.S.
- In LGBT marriage laws, significant issues as well as their solutions
- How does the psychology of healthy adults impact child labor?
- What are the U.S.’s most significant LGBT group rights?
- Are women inferior intellectually?
- What are Canadian servants’ legal rights?
- Can post-traumatic stress disorder be caused by child labor?
- What are the common causes among married couples in the U.S. of physical abuse?
- Discuss problems with labor rights in the UAE
- What is the history of Child Labour?
- Why is men’s leadership different from women’s leadership?
- What hinders females’ equal inclusion in leadership roles?
- Will marginalized people be permitted at their workplaces to pray?
- Speak about women’s rights in Africa
- In the UAE, discuss ethnic discrimination.
- UN expert urges Tajikistan to leave past behind and uphold freedom of religion and belief – Explain its implications
- How the Human Rights Council can uphold and protect the rights of persons with disabilities to ensure community inclusion of these persons
- How freedom of religion and belief is manipulated in Middle East, and African countries?
- Discuss how Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in Australia are suffering from human rights manipulations/violations
- Compare and contrast the human rights acts of India and China
Also read: Interesting Psychology Research Topics and Ideas For Students
Common Human Rights Topics
- Does social media play a part in empowering women?
- What are the right ways to fix problems with body shaming?
- Do parents have an ethical justification for the use of force while children are disciplined?
- At the time of the influx of refugees, do the native people have rights?
- What is the outlook for human rights in the U.S.?
- What are the rights of women in the US and the UK?
- Japanese and Chinese interaction in the Second World War.
- The civil rights movement: Malcolm X and Martin Luther King Jr.
- The Patriot Act: The Line between safety and human rights
- Understanding Human Rights: Labor Rights in a Globalizing World and Gender Rights
- Circumcision: Medical, Ethical and Human Rights Issues
- Universal Human Rights and Cultural Values
- The Human Rights Act as a Protection Tool in the UK
- Human Rights and Ethnic Groups in American History
- It is a violation of human rights to cut the genitals of male babies.
- In the interest of a country, is the state permitted to violate human rights at the time of war?
- When do men’s as well as women’s rights differ?
- Are conditions based on human rights?
- Human rights expectations globally
- Will human rights be described by particular traditions?
Argumentative human rights topics
- Equal right for all people to free education?
- Should the state’s interests take priority over individual rights?
- Is it also right for social media networks to guarantee privacy?
- Is immigration limits a breach of human rights in the United States?
- Does democracy work as the most robust human rights security system?
- Is possession of pet animals an example of human rights?
- Are developing countries accountable in the world for promoting human rights?
- When it is the promotion of labor rights, how nice is global trade?
- What political regime for the defense of human rights is the best?
- Is life imprisonment a civil rights violation?
- Is torture justifiable?
- The Capitalist System- Does it infringe or protect human rights?
- Is the installation in public places of surveillance cameras a breach of human rights?
- Can the right to vote be expanded to people in prison?
- Is Human Rights violated through the practices of male circumcision?
Argumentative Essay Topics on Human Rights
- Why is it necessary to eliminate female circumcision practices?
- Is it necessary to differentiate Human Rights based on individual traditions?
- Is it justified to segregate Human Rights based on gender?
- Why or why not should Human Rights laws be suspended during what time?
- Does the suspension of Human Rights laws during what time align with the interest of citizens?
- Is it possible to establish a similar Human Rights standard for the world as a whole?
- Should education be made free for all?
- How far is privacy guaranteed by social media networking services true?
- Do immigration laws in Australia violate human rights?
- Does the detention of immigrants in Australia violate human rights?
- Do the immigration laws of the USA abide by human rights requirements?
- Is democracy the right way to protect basic human rights?
- How far can democracy help in protecting basic human rights?
- Can democracy help in protecting the basic human rights of individuals belonging to different traditions and cultures?
- What is the influence of the brutality of the police in the regions of the US?
You can also read – Argumentative Essay Topics for You to Explore
Analytical Human Rights Topics for Essays
- The specific role of worldwide businesses in mental health treatment in the world?
- What are the disability rights in the regions of America and the regions of Canada?
- Police brutality in the United States. Violence by American police is a major issue in the human rights arena these days and data indicates it’s getting worse
- Global mental health treatment
- US policy on refugees
- Transgender rights in Europe
- Disability rights in America.
- What human rights are most abused in the workplace, and why?
- What’s the connection between ecological issues and human rights?
- Analyze the organizational framework of the European Human Rights Commission
- Analyze the European Court of Human Rights’ efficacy
- Study of Abuses of human rights in the adult film industry
- Analyze the object of the European Convention on Human Rights and its principles
- How to prevent police abuses of human rights?
- Analyze the abuse of children’s rights in Taiwan
- How can a state which violates fundamental human rights be fined by the international community?
- Analyze human rights abuses in Belarus
- Study of children deprived of Liberty
- Evaluation of Administration of Justice
- What is protecting and promoting civic space?
Human Rights Research Topics on Civil Rights Movement
- Explain conscientious objection to military service
- Expert Mechanism on the Right to Development
- Relation between human rights and the financial crisis
- Analysis of discrimination worldwide
- Impact of human rights education and Training
- Human Rights and the modern labor movement
- What is the right to remain silent?
- Can the protection of human rights justify the intervention of the state on the territory of other states?
- Should trade with the countries massively violate the human rights prohibited in the USA?
- Compare and compare the Act on Human Rights (1998) and the Act on Equality (2010)
- Communism and the Pursuit of political equality
- Compare and contrast the rights of pets in regard to human
- The Patriot Act with respect to safety and human rights
- Comparison of motions for human rights and civil rights
- Compare and contrast slavery and servitude- How are human rights abused in these phenomena?
Additional Human Rights Topics on Civil Rights Movement
- The rights of the convicted
- Comparison of women’s rights during the 20th century
- The World Wide Declaration of the Rights of Man and Person Compare and Contrast (1789)
- Describe human rights and the modern labor movement
- Communism as well as the pursuit of political equality
- The Human Rights Model and the Model of Freedom. Also, a quick comparison.
- Analysis of the jury of your peers
- Human rights treatment in modern cinema
- Compare and contrast the Universal Human Rights Declaration as well as how Islam considers human rights
- International law and human rights
- Compare and contrast human rights abuses in Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World novel as well as 1984 by George Orwell
- Human Rights at Night
- How does apartheid compare to racism as well as contrast with it?
- The civil rights movement: Malcolm X as well as Martin Luther King Jr.
- What are the similarities as well as differences between civil rights as well as human rights?
Civil Rights Essay Topics
- Discuss the evolution of the issue of human rights in Hidden Figures
- Defines the Human Rights Ombudsman
- What is racism against the environment?
- Explain why trade in human beings exists
- Why are the countries not intervening in the North Korean government’s abuse of human rights?
- How does utilitarianism contravene the definition of human rights?
- In the bible, are human rights violated?
- How do human rights organizations in African countries protect human rights?
- In some nations, why are LGBT marriages as well as relationships not allowed?
- How do individuals join movements for the defense of human rights?
- Does viewing pornography constitute a human right?
- What is the impact on staff morale of racial discrimination?
- How should students deal with bullies?
- How does technical ability impact obesity?
- Best Forms to Tackle Racism.
A Few More Essay Ideas on Civil Rights
- How to legalize gay marriages?
- Does immigration cause severe job problems for the indigenous population? If so, what are they?
- Should countries make transitional children?
- Discussing the social isolation of patients with HIV/AIDS
- The religious value of gay marriages.
- Roles of social media in Women’s Empowerment
- Human trafficking violation of human rights
- Issue related to labor rights in the UAE
- Human rights of the women in the Islamic country
- Human rights issues related to sex workers
- Child labors and associated human rights issues
- Human rights issue in Myanmar
- Can prostitution be a profession
- Human rights issues related to Rohingya Muslims
- Human rights issues in Bali Indonesia
Also read: Innovative Proposal Essay Topics for Students
Trending Human Rights Topics
- Which human rights are most frequently abused at work, and why?
- What relationship exists between ecological issues and human rights?
- Examine the hierarchical structure of the European Commission for Human Rights.
- Examine the European Court of Human Rights’ efficacy.
- Examine the adult film industry’s violations of human rights.
- Review the objectives and tenets of the European Convention on Human Rights.
- Compare and contrast the Declaration of the Rights of Man and Citizen (1921) with the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (1948). (1789).
- Why don’t other nations step in to stop the North Korean government’s abuse of human rights?
- How do human rights organizations defend human rights in African nations?
- Why are LGBT relationships and marriages prohibited in some countries?
Unique Human Rights Topics
- Should human rights laws be suspended in times of conflict for the benefit of the populace?
- Is it possible to develop a comparable human rights norm on a global scale?
- Evaluation of the Human Rights Commission of the European Union’s effectiveness
- Analysis of the European Commission for Human Rights organizational chart
- evaluating how the “Universal Declaration of Human Rights” has been implemented in various continents.
- The European Commission for Human Rights mission and guiding principles.
- How can a business stay away from nations where human rights are routinely abused?
- US policy and international human rights legislation (or a country of your choice).
- When did the right to freedom of speech for artists become a human right?
- What are the human rights abuses in China (or the nation of your choice) and how does it impact the country’s reputation?
- Mental health treatment can infringe on human rights in some cases: Explain with examples
- The Canadian Charter Effectively Protects Our Human Rights: Explain
- Muslim women are not enjoying human rights properly: Explain with justifications
- Discuss the connection between democracy and human rights
- Compare and contrast Criminal Justice and human rights
From the list of outstanding human rights topics and ideas recommended in this blog, pick any topic of your choice and craft a top-score-fetching academic paper. In case, you are struggling to choose an ideal topic for your task, reach out to our human rights paper help experts . Based on the requirements you share with us, the subject professionals in our team will assist you in crafting a high-quality academic paper without plagiarism. Moreover, taking human rights online assignment help from our experts will aid you in finishing your tasks ahead of the deadline and boosting your grades.
LUA vs. Python: Know the Key Differences
Go vs. Rust: Know the Similarities and Differences
110 Innovative Mechanical Engineering Projects Ideas
Comments are closed.
- Featured Posts
Get to Know How to Write a Reflective Essay
What are the different types of essay format, apa vs. mla: know the major differences between the citation styles, top 155 bioethics topics to consider for writing a research paper, 145 best java project ideas for beginners and experts, know how to make your assignment look presentable, a simple step-by-step guide for writing a coursework, 230 best sports research topics and ideas, how many pages is 1200 words, get help instantly.
Raise Your Grades with Great Assignment Help
Subscribe to our newsletter and don't miss out on our latest news & events.
LL.M thesis topics
On this page you can find an overview of all our LL.M thesis topics or Master theses in English.
Do you want to write your LL.M thesis on a human rights topic? Choose one of these topics and contact the relevant supervisor. Do you want to write a Master thesis in English? First consult the Plato list.
All subjects in the domain of human rights or transitional justice in which the student applies a socio-legal perspective ann integrates a substantial empirical component (qualitative and/or quantitative) to examine the law “in practice”.
Across Europe and around the world, issues of memory and old monuments are being revisited. The shift of historical narratives resulted in the loss of social consensus about the past and interpretation of history. Since monuments are among the most visible expressions of history they have appeared in the middle of contestation and heated debates. […]
This research deals with the impact of prosecution of “minor offences” on people living in poverty in Europe. Through case studies (criminalization of beggars, SyRI case in the Netherlands etc. ), it explores whether minor offences – which are usually punished by outstanding fines with minimum procedural rights – are compatible with the ECHR (more […]
The sovereign debt crisis could have a direct impact on human rights, especially when they are framed within a programme of austerity, and tension between the ‘market justice’ and ‘social justice’ occurs. The aim of the thesis is to study the different human rights legal discourses surrounding the latest cases of sovereign debt restructurings.
Lately, the ‘Facebook Oversight Board’ and other private mechanisms of human rights accountability have been established. The Oversight Board of Facebook was created to review the lawfulness of certain ‘emblematic’ content moderation decisions taken by the social media platform. The Board comprises 20 representatives of civil society, including academics, human rights experts, and journalists. It […]
Regional human rights courts can organize so-called fact-finding missions when confronted with human rights violations. Both the Inter-American and African Court of Human Rights may, if necessary, organize such missions when confronted with cases involving gross and/or large-scale violations of human rights, while the European Court of Human Rights seems to have become rather reticent […]
Human rights defenders around the world are being killed, especially in Latin-American countries. How is the Inter-American human rights system responding to this cruel reality?
During the past years worldwide human rights defenders are being targeted for doing their job. Such attacks may be of a physical, but also of a psychological nature, and they may target the human rights defenders themselves and/or their families. This study aims to evaluatie what kinds of legal mechanisms exist under international law, i.e. […]
Particular focus on Myanmar/Sri Lanka or Cambodia. Language requirement ENG.
Focus on the Mediterranean or boat pushbacks in Southeast Asia. Language requirement Eng.
Study of the marginalisation of certain regions in the TJ process, looking into the importance of socio-economic rights in ICL. Language requirement ENG.
In 2010 Marie-Benedicte Dembour published an article entitled ‘What are Human Rights? Four Schools of Thought’ in Human Rights Quarterly. Her model posits that we do not all conceive of human rights in the same way, but that there are four main conceptions of human rights. She proposes that those who hold a ‘natural’ view […]
The summer of 2015 saw Europe hit by a refugee crisis – or some commentators say – more accurately a crisis in refugee protection. Marie-Benedicte Dembour asserts in an article forthcoming in Questions of International Law that, due to the relative weakness of its past jurisprudence concerning migrants’ rights, the European Court of Human Rights […]
Judges have to act in an impartial manner while deciding cases. The research will examine the breadth of the right to freedom of expression of judges from a cross-cutting international and regional human rights perspective, with possibly a case study.
Suggested by and with cosupervision from PICUM, the Platform for International Cooperation on Undocumented Migrants. How does the package, comprised of the Council’s Facilitation Directive and the Framework Decision, impact undocumented children and families’ ability to secure adequate housing? This research would (i) look at the EU and national legal framework criminalising landlords renting to […]
For many centuries, citizenship has been regarded as the highest degree of affiliation between an individual and a ‘self-governing’ political community’. However, in the last years, the development of programs around the globe are seeking to attract flows of foreign capital by different incentives, including granting legal membership with society in exchange for diverse types […]
During the past decades social rights have become more prominently part of legal studies. However, most studies deal with substantial violations of social rights. This study takes a procedural turn by looking at the instrument of interim measures awarded by international monitoring bodies, thereby focussing on the different UN Treaty Bodies and regional human rights […]
In present-day society indigenous peoples are one of the most vulnerable groups. This study assesses to what extent such groups can rely on interim measures before international human rights monitoring bodies, both at the UN and regional level and to what extent such measures effectively protect their rights.
Worldwide, but especially in the America’s, women human rights defenders are being targeted. Such attacks may be of a physical, but also of a psychological nature, and they may target the human rights defenders themselves and/or their families. This study aims to evaluatie what legal mechanisms are available in the ambit of the Inter-American Human […]
Could be further narrowed down to a particular focus on the UN, European or Inter-American standards of protection. Language requirement ENG & Spanish.
‘Universal jurisdiction’ is a principle of international law based on the recognition that certain crimes are so horrific that they affect the international community as a whole. Universal jurisdiction is therefore a key component in the ﬁght against impunity. This thesis will analyze specific recent cases (for example, concerning Syria) where the principle of universal […]
Study of development of strategic litigation, the possibilities and limitations of using this approach. Language requirement ENG & Spanish.
Case study of the Tunisian court establised to adjudicate cases related to gross violations of human rights. Language requirement ENG.
This thesis will explore the interaction of the United States with the Inter-American System. In particular, it will analyse the Inter-American approach regarding migrants who are minors.
The research should focus on a legal analysis of Strasburg case law on history, when the Court was asked to rule on the so-called ‘historical situations’ (to bring justice to those accused of war crimes, to protect the rights of mass atrocities victims and their relatives, to deal with Holocaust and genocide deniers, to punish […]
Needless to say, having evidence being declared inadmissible can be devastating to a case. Two cases which ended up before the European Court of Human Rights due to the inadmissibility being contested are Cwik v Poland and R.B. v Estoni. In Cwik, the ECtHR agreed that the tape of the interrogation by a gang of […]
Don't miss out on our latest events!