Thesis streaming: where to watch online?
You can buy "Thesis" on Apple TV, Google Play Movies, YouTube as download or rent it on Apple TV, Google Play Movies, YouTube online.
Where does Thesis rank today? The JustWatch Daily Streaming Charts are calculated by user activity within the last 24 hours. This includes clicking on a streaming offer, adding a title to a watchlist, and marking a title as 'seen'. This includes data from ~1.3 million movie & TV show fans per day.
Streaming charts last updated: 9:15:16 AM, 11/05/2023
Thesis is 28291 on the JustWatch Daily Streaming Charts today. The movie has moved down the charts by -827 places since yesterday. In United States, it is currently more popular than Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani but less popular than Contract.
While doing a thesis about violence, Ángela finds a snuff video where a girl is tortured until death. Soon she discovers that the girl was a former student in her faculty...
Videos: Trailers, Teasers, Featurettes
Streaming Charts The JustWatch Daily Streaming Charts are calculated by user activity within the last 24 hours. This includes clicking on a streaming offer, adding a title to a watchlist, and marking a title as 'seen'. This includes data from ~1.3 million movie & TV show fans per day.
People who liked thesis also liked.
Popular movies coming soon
Upcoming Mystery & Thriller movies
Join or Sign In
Sign in to customize your TV listings
- Cast & Crew
- 2 hr 5 mins
- Drama, Suspense
Involving whodunit about a film-school student (Ana Torrent) who uncovers a snuff film and investigates. Fele Martínez, Eduardo Noriega. Directed by Alejandro Amenábar, who cowrote the script with Mateo Gil.
Loading. Please wait...
My cable/satellite provider:
There are no TV airings over the next 14 days. Add it to your Watchlist to receive updates and availability notifications.
Cast & Crew See All
Latest news see all, popular movies see all movies.
The Other Zoey
My Christmas Guide
Coyote Creek Christmas
The Ron Clark Story
Trailers & videos.
- Movies for the Masses Joseph Proimakis mia filodoksi apopeira sholioy sti bia toy mesoy poy ypiretei [o skino8etis], ton tropo poy ayti hrisimopoieitai os opioyho skeyasma, kai etsi gia ton habale, ton symbolismo toy ergaleioy poy koybalaei ston omo toy (os ergaleio apokalypsis tis alitheias,
- Goatdog's Movies Michael W. Phillips, Jr. The thinking man's 8mm.
- Bryant Frazer's Deep Focus Bryant Frazer Spanish filmmaker Alejandro Amenbar ('Open Your Eyes') is already in his element with this low-budget thriller debut.
- PopMatters Imran Khan Tesis won't exactly knock the socks off of viewers; However, it is exceptionally acted, with all actors delivering solid performances and fully submitting to the demands of some of the more arduous action sequences.
- MovieMartyr.com Jeremy Heilman It only manages to be startling in passing.
- Dennis Schwartz Movie Reviews Dennis Schwartz The young director has an exciting way of filming and keeping one engrossed in the story...
- Rolling Stone Jason Newman (The) director Alejandro Amenábar balances actual, terrifying visuals with Hitchcockian red herrings for one of the best debut films in years. The technology might be quaint, but the fear remains resonant.
- AV Club Scott Tobias Amenábar dodges the moral hysteria and hypocritical prurience that infected Joel Schumacher's 8mm three years later, and his cinephilia suffuses the film in mostly exciting ways.
- Variety Joe Leydon Despite some whopping improbabilities - would snuff movie producers really hide their master tapes in a university storage room? -"Thesis" generates genuine tension
Take Plex everywhere
Beautiful, interesting, incredible cinema.
While doing a thesis about violence, Ángela finds a snuff video where a girl is tortured until death. Soon she discovers that the girl was a former student in her faculty…
The chilling first feature from the master of psychological thrillers, The Others director Alejandro Amenábar, examines society’s insatiable obsession with violent imagery. Located in the sleazy underworld of amateur snuff films, this tense, creepy campus-set thriller is rife with unsettling turns.
Effed Up Movies
Avg Rating: 4.3 / 5. Voted: 73
No one cared thus far. Do you?
AKA: Thesis Year: 1996 Directed by: Alejandro Amenabar Starring: Ana Torrent (Angela), Fele Martínez (Chema), Eduardo Noriega (Bosco), Xabier Elorriaga (Prof. Castro), Miguel Picazo (Prof. Figueroa) Country: Spain, European Cinema Language: Spanish (English subs) Runtime: 02:04:08 Genres: Snuff , Serial Killers , Violence against Women
Plot – Spoilers: Angela has a developing taste for the morbid and decides to prepare a thesis on the subject of Audio-Visual Violence. Her University Professor, though initially skeptical, encourages her and offers to help with access to some of the more effed up sections of the Uni’s cinema archives.
From an academic viewpoint, she attempts to befriend a weird guy at school, Chema, who’s notorious for his collection of effed up cinema apart from his choice of tshirts that include a Cannibal Holocaust ode. Chema is socially awkward but invites her over to watch some of his greatest hits, because she is “gorgeous”, as he puts it.
Things however begin to get murky when Angela’s Prof dies while watching a movie he borrowed from the School archives – Angela later finds it to be a snuff movie of a college girl who went missing couple years before. She shows it to Chema who activates his sleuth mode and tries to extract clues from the video. Meanwhile, Angela finds herself sexually enamored by a mysterious student Bosco, whom Chema hates and is jealous of.
Within no time however, Angela becomes the next target for the snuff movie makers, and she finds herself suspecting everyone around her.
- ← Taxidermia (2006)
- Savage Grace (2007) →
You May Also Like
El Metodo (2005)
Good performances, terrific dialogue, and an interesting mystery, rather like some Italian 70s horror movie, but without any horror, gore, and nudity. The early scene on the train is a knockout – to spare the passengers any distress the guy tells passengers NOT to look at the body on the tracks, then follows this with “she’s been cut in two!”
chema is so cute. a strange little dude who loves snuff films…we all probably can see ourselves in him. plus his relationship with angela was really sweet.
“Death to Videodrome – Long live the Spirit of the Beehive” – #44
Give the people what they want. What a great film! Great mix of psychological thriller and even comedic elements. Great acting and memorable leads!
very sad that chema gets no pussy 🙁
Snuff 102 and Tesis , two great spanish movies!
Chema is the best! He should practically be on the banner for this website as the mascot, he is us lol.
long, boring, and overrated. I watched it becuase of the 4+ stars. Couldn’t get over the many plot flaws.
Suspenseful, thrilling and keeps you guessing until the end. Highly recommend!
I enjoyed this film. Granted, there were a few holes in the plot, but hey everything seemed to come together at the end. Well made. Well acted. Well written and well filmed. Still, I wish we would have gotten to see the guy bisected by the train…. Now I’d buy that for a dollar!
This is my favorite movie of all time, it’s been for 10 years now. Good to have it here.
Solid film. Very DePalmaesque.
I enjoyed this film. Thanks for adding it this site!
Does this have English subs?
Try opensubtitles dot org
Honestly a fantastic film. Very relatable and funny character in Chema, and an excellent performance from the protagonist. The plot keeps you guessing and engaged till the very end. Overall would highly recommend.
First Impression: 8.8/10
- Cast & crew
- User reviews
While doing a thesis about violence, Ángela finds a snuff video where a girl is tortured until death. Soon she discovers that the girl was a former student in her faculty... While doing a thesis about violence, Ángela finds a snuff video where a girl is tortured until death. Soon she discovers that the girl was a former student in her faculty... While doing a thesis about violence, Ángela finds a snuff video where a girl is tortured until death. Soon she discovers that the girl was a former student in her faculty...
- Alejandro Amenábar
- Ana Torrent
- Fele Martínez
- Eduardo Noriega
- 130 User reviews
- 71 Critic reviews
- See more at IMDbPro
- 15 wins & 6 nominations
- Bosco Herranz
- Padre Angela
- (as Francisco Hernández)
- Madre Angela
- Presentadora T.V.
- Conserje Videoteca
- Encargado tren
- Encargada C. Ventas
- Profesor 1º
- Profesor 2º
- Vigilante Tren
- All cast & crew
- Production, box office & more at IMDbPro
More like this
Did you know
- Trivia When Angela ( Ana Torrent ) is accessing the warranty database, director Alejandro Amenábar 's name appears as a warranted customer of an XT-500 video camera.
- Goofs When Professor Figueroa finds the door to the secret library, before he enters, he wears glasses. In he next shot, as he enters the door, the glasses are gone, but they come back some shots after.
Bosco : What color are my eyes?
- Connections Featured in Cómo se hizo 'Tesis' (1996)
- Soundtracks Máquinas en Celo Written by Ingresó Cadáver Performed by Ingresó Cadáver
User reviews 130
- Jul 12, 2006
- How long is Thesis? Powered by Alexa
- What are the differences between the Korean DVD Version and the Original Version?
- November 20, 2016 (United States)
- Official site
- Ám Ảnh Bạo Lực
- Facultad de Ciencias de la Información, Madrid, Madrid, Spain
- Las Producciones del Escorpión
- See more company credits at IMDbPro
- €721,214 (estimated)
- Runtime 2 hours 5 minutes
Contribute to this page.
- See more gaps
- Learn more about contributing