- Awards Season
- Big Stories
- Pop Culture
- Video Games
How to Create an Effective Thesis Statement in 5 Easy Steps
Creating a thesis statement can be a daunting task. It’s one of the most important sentences in your paper, and it needs to be done right. But don’t worry — with these five easy steps, you’ll be able to create an effective thesis statement in no time.
Step 1: Brainstorm Ideas
The first step is to brainstorm ideas for your paper. Think about what you want to say and write down any ideas that come to mind. This will help you narrow down your focus and make it easier to create your thesis statement.
Step 2: Research Your Topic
Once you have some ideas, it’s time to do some research on your topic. Look for sources that support your ideas and provide evidence for the points you want to make. This will help you refine your argument and make it more convincing.
Step 3: Formulate Your Argument
Now that you have done some research, it’s time to formulate your argument. Take the points you want to make and put them into one or two sentences that clearly state what your paper is about. This will be the basis of your thesis statement.
Step 4: Refine Your Thesis Statement
Once you have formulated your argument, it’s time to refine your thesis statement. Make sure that it is clear, concise, and specific. It should also be arguable so that readers can disagree with it if they choose.
Step 5: Test Your Thesis Statement
The last step is to test your thesis statement. Does it accurately reflect the points you want to make? Is it clear and concise? Does it make an arguable point? If not, go back and refine it until it meets all of these criteria.
Creating an effective thesis statement doesn’t have to be a daunting task. With these five easy steps, you can create a strong thesis statement in no time at all.
This text was generated using a large language model, and select text has been reviewed and moderated for purposes such as readability.
MORE FROM ASK.COM
Accounting theses and dissertations.
- By Issue Date
Search within this collection:
- Ultimate Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Regulation and the Real effects of Investment: A Cross-Country Analysis Berry, Erica ( University of Oregon , 2023-03-24 ) In this study, I examine whether laws mandating disclosure of ultimate beneficial ownership of entities influence outbound foreign direct investment activities. The secrecy provided by anonymous companies allows the ...
- Do Private Tax Disclosures Affect the Quality of Public Financial Reporting? Wu, Juan ( University of Oregon , 2022-10-04 ) This study investigates whether increased private tax disclosures have implications for the quality of public financial reporting in the context of Schedule UTP. In terms of the predictive value of tax reserves, I find ...
- Do Financial Analysts Influence Employee Treatment? Evidence from a Natural Experiment Abdulsalam, Khaled ( University of Oregon , 2022-02-18 ) I examine the influence of financial analysts on firms’ treatment of employees. I apply a unique setting by implementing a difference-in-differences design around brokerage mergers as an exogenous shock to analyst coverage. ...
- Taxes and the Use of Subjectivity in Executive Bonus Plans Fox, Zackery ( University of Oregon , 2021-09-13 ) In this study, I examine whether taxes influence the design of executive compensation incentives. Recently, the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) removed the requirement that bonus plans be tied to objective and verifiable ...
- Do Managers Respond to Tax Avoidance Incentives by Investing in the Tax Function? Evidence from Tax Departments Li, Zhongyang (John) ( University of Oregon , 2021-04-27 ) While prior literature examines the role of incentives in motivating top managers to engage in corporate tax avoidance, there is little evidence on the specific actions that managers take in response to these incentives. ...
- Are Critics Right About Quarterly Earnings Guidance? An Examination of Quarterly Earnings Guidance and Managerial Myopia Quinto, Claire ( University of Oregon , 2020-09-24 ) I examine the claim that managers who issue quarterly earnings guidance sacrifice long-term value to enhance short-term performance, i.e., that quarterly earnings guidance encourages myopic behavior. I find that quarterly ...
- Does the Diversification of Tax Strategies affect Tax Risk? Krieg, Kimberly ( University of Oregon , 2019-09-18 ) I investigate the effect that the number of different tax strategies employed by a public company has on the relation between measures of corporate tax avoidance and measures of risk. Prior studies have generally failed ...
- The Interaction of Incentive and Opportunity in Corporate Tax Avoidance: Evidence from Financially Constrained Firms Wu, Kaishu ( University of Oregon , 2018-09-06 ) I hypothesize and find that the variation in corporate tax avoidance is jointly determined by firms’ incentive and opportunities to avoid taxes. Specifically, the positive relation between financial constraints (my proxy ...
- Individual Executive Characteristics and Firm Performance: Evidence from CEO Narcissism Perez, Rebeca ( University of Oregon , 2017-09-06 ) Narcissism refers to persistent feelings of grandiosity, a need for admiration, and a lack of empathy (American Psychiatric Association 2013). The literature has found narcissism to be associated with individuals making ...
- How does the stock market respond to R&D cuts used to manage earnings? Li, Zhaochu ( University of Oregon , 2016-10-27 ) Prior research shows returns are positive when firms meet or beat analysts’ consensus forecasts but negative when firms miss. Past studies also show managers frequently cut R&D expenses in order to meet the ...
- Financial Accounting Standards, Audit Profession Development, and Firm-Level Tax Evasion Williams, Brian ( University of Oregon , 2016-02-23 ) In this study I investigate the relation between (1) country-level financial accounting standards and audit profession development and (2) firm-level tax evasion. I investigate this relation using a confidential dataset ...
- Top Management Team Functional Diversity and Management Forecast Accuracy Wang, Shan ( University of Oregon , 2015-08-18 ) Prior literature documents that the diversity of top management team (TMT) functional experiences enhances firm performance through its effect on information processing and sharing between team members. In this study, I ...
- Private Litigation as a Regulator of Accounting Standards Cutler, Joshua ( University of Oregon , 2015-08-18 ) I examine the impact of the trend of private class actions targeting alleged violations of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). I document the specific allegations in GAAP lawsuits and find that allegations ...
- Equity Valuation of Modern Master Limited Partnerships Mandell, Aaron ( University of Oregon , 2015-08-18 ) Using a sample of 57 master limited partnerships (MLPs) formed from corporate assets between 1982 and 2011, I examine the share price effects on parent corporations from forming MLPs. Specifically, I compare announcement ...
- The Role of Taxes in Foreign Earnings Management: Implications for Pricing of Foreign Earnings Huang, Jingjing ( University of Oregon , 2014-09-29 ) U.S. multinational corporations are well known for shifting income to low tax foreign subsidiaries to avoid U.S. income tax. Yet little is known about how multinational corporations opportunistically use low tax foreign ...
- Do Financial Expert Directors Affect the Incidence of Accruals Management to Meet or Beat Analyst Forecasts? Hsu, Pei Hui ( University of Oregon , 2013-10-03 ) Evidence that firms adjust accruals to just meet or beat analyst forecasts is pervasive. However, the implications for earnings quality are not clear. Managers can use this practice either to mislead investors, resulting ...
- The Effect of Managerial Reputation on Corporate Tax Avoidance Kim, Jin Wook ( University of Oregon , 2012 ) Prior literature suggests that tax avoidance is an effective way to enhance firm value. However, there appears to be considerable cross-sectional variation in tax avoidance, and it is not clear why some firms do not take ...
- Why Do Acquirers Manage Earnings Before Stock-for-Stock Acquisitions? Tran, Nam D. ( University of Oregon , 2011-06 ) In this dissertation, I examine whether high disclosure costs explain why acquirers manage earnings before stock-for-stock acquisitions. Because stock-for-stock acquirers use their own shares to pay for targets' shares, ...
- The Information Content of Risk Factor Disclosures in Quarterly Reports Filzen, Joshua James, 1981- ( University of Oregon , 2011-06 ) I examine whether recently required Risk Factor update disclosures in quarterly reports provide investors with timely information regarding potential future negative outcomes. Specifically, I examine whether Risk Factor ...
- Do managers alter the tone of their earnings announcements around stock option grants and exercises? Tama-Sweet, Isho, 1973- ( University of Oregon , 2009-06 ) In this dissertation I investigate whether managers alter the linguistic tone of their earnings announcements to increase the value of their stock options. Empirical research finds evidence that managers use optimistic ...
View more submissions
Search Scholars' Bank
All of scholars' bank, this collection.
- Abdulsalam, Khaled (1)
- Berry, Erica (1)
- Cutler, Joshua (1)
- Eiler, Lisa Ann (1)
- Filzen, Joshua James, 1981- (1)
- Fox, Zackery (1)
- Hsu, Pei Hui (1)
- Huang, Jingjing (1)
- Jackson, Mark, 1963- (1)
- Kim, Jin Wook (1)
- ... View More
- Accounting (7)
- Earnings management (5)
- Tax avoidance (3)
- Disclosure (2)
- Financial reporting (2)
- Incentives (2)
- Managerial myopia (2)
- Accounting disclosure (1)
- Accounting expertise (1)
- Accounting standards (1)
- 2020 - 2023 (6)
- 2010 - 2019 (13)
- 2009 - 2009 (4)
- Most Popular Items
- Statistics by Country
- Most Popular Authors
Home > BUSINESS > ACCOUNTING > ACCOUNTING_ETD
Theses and Dissertations
Dissertations from 2023 2023.
Auditor Responses to Audit Clients’ Indirect-Effect Illegal Acts , Hilary Frances Hughes
Auditor’s Consideration of Client Cybersecurity Risk – A Machine Learning-Based Analysis , Wanying Jiang
Dissertations from 2022 2022
Deriving Auditor Quality and Manager Quality from Form 10-K , Lacey Donley
Corporate Website Disclosures and Financial Reporting Quality , Nicholas Mueller
Dissertations from 2021 2021
The Effects of a Client’s Social Media Disclosure and Audience Engagement on Auditor Judgment: A Social Penetration Theory Perspective , Laura Guichard
Do Analysts’ Coverage and Supplementary Gross Margin Forecasts Influence Managers’ Decision to Recognize Inventory Loss? , Nusrat Jahan
Dissertations from 2020 2020
Earnings Management of Leaders and Laggards , Candice Roche Boucree
Does Auditor Tenure Matter? Audit Partner Rotation and Industry Specialization in the U.S. , Danielle Sarah Lazerson
Dissertations from 2019 2019
Effective Tax Rates for Multinational and Domestic Corporations: A Closer Examination , Allen Lee Ryan
The Interplay among Tax Specialists, Corporate Tax Behavior, and Tax Accrual Quality , Pradeep Sapkota
Dissertations from 2018 2018
Unintended Consequences of the Dodd-Frank $10 Billion Asset Size Threshold , Laura Camille Alford
Selling, General, and Administrative Cost Stickiness and GDP Predictions , Russell Barber
Audit Committee Industry Specialization: An Examination of Auditor Choice, Financial Reporting Quality Implications, and Market Perception , Danny Lynn Shaw
The Relationship between Audit Quality and Competition at the Intersection of the Large and Small Audit Firm Markets , Jeanne-Claire Alyse White
Dissertations from 2017 2017
The Economic Costs to Audit Firms of Ethical Violations and the Resulting PCAOB Disciplinary Orders , Stephanie Ann Merrell
The Pricing of IPO Audit Expertise and Subsequent Issuer Underpricing , Jung Eun Park
Dissertations from 2016 2016
The Certifying Triangle of Financial Reports , Dong Li
Dissertations from 2015 2015
Does the PCAOB Inspection have an Effect on Audit Fees and Audit Quality? , Elizabeth Schwartzhoff Johnson
CEO Compensation and Tax Loss Carrybacks , Pei-Yu Sun
Dissertations from 2014 2014
The Effect of Innovation on Corporate Tax Avoidance , Peng Guo
Has the FASB and IASB's Shift toward an Asset/Liability View Enhanced the Predictive Usefulness of ROE? , Regina Cavalier Rosa
Auditor Regional Industry Specialization: Effect on Audit Pricing and Audit Quality , Andrey Alexandrovich Simonov
Dissertations from 2013 2013
Consistency between earnings forecasts and stock recommendations : the effect of political connections , Elio Alfonso
The effect of audit market concentration on audit pricing and audit quality : the role of the size of the audit market , John Daniel Eshleman
The effect on earnings persistence and the market's reaction to the alignment of employee and customer relations with competitive strategy , Robert Stephen Hogan
Income Classification Shifting and Financial Analysts’ Forecasts , Shanshan Pan
Dissertations from 2012 2012
Stock liquidity, price informativeness, and accruals-based earnings management , Jing Fang
High Strain Rate Programming Of Shape Memory Polymers , Anqi Wang
Accounting comparability, audit effort and audit outcomes , Joseph Hongbo Zhang
Experimental Study of Lean Blowout with Hydrogen Addition in a Swirl-stabilized Premixed Combustor , Shengrong Zhu
Dissertations from 2011 2011
Auditor tenure and audit quality , Li Zheng Brooks
Optimization of Adult Multipotent Stromal Cell-Bioscaffold Interactions for Tissue Regeneration with Bioreactors , Lin Xie
Dissertations from 2009 2009
Accurals quality and price synchronicity , Joseph Atkins Johnston
Dissertations from 2007 2007
Rate regulation and earnings management: evidence from the U.S. electric utility industry , Joseph Ben Omonuk
Impingement Heat Transfer In The Leading Edge Cavity Of A Gas Turbine Vane , Amar Jeetendra Panchangam Nivarthi
Voluntary disclosures in mergers and acquisitions , Scott Allen Wandler
Dissertations from 2006 2006
Using the FASB's qualitative characteristics in earnings quality measures , Abhijit Barua
Do accruals exacerbate information asymmetry in the market? , Sonia Wasan
Dissertations from 2004 2004
The effect of program commitment on the degree of participative congruence and managerial performance in a budgeting setting , Kevin T. Breaux
Internal Revenue Service Restructuring and Reform Act of 1998: a test of New Public Management , William Meriwether VanDenburgh
The effect of the implicit theory of integrity on an internal auditor's asessment of management fraud risk , Stephanie F. Watson
Do speculative short sellers detect earnings management? , Yan Zhang
Theses from 2003 2003
Planting rate effects on sugarcane yield trials , Albert Joseph Orgeron
Agronomic and molecular characterization of Louisiana native Spartina alterniflora accessions , Alicia Beatriz Ryan
Dissertations from 2002 2002
Markov models to estimate and describe survival time and experience in cohorts with high euthanasia frequency , Giselle Louise Hosgood
The impact of institutional stock ownership on a firm's earnings management practice: an empirical investigation , Santanu Mitra
Validation of AnnAGNPS at the field and farm-scale using an integrated AGNPS/GIS system , Glenn M. Suir
Theses/Dissertations from 1999 1999
Comprehensive Income and Its Relation to Firm Value and Transitory Earnings. , Carol Callaway Dee
Executive Compensation, Performance, Board and Ownership Structure: a Simultaneous Equations Approach. , Ayalew A. Lulseged
Executive Compensation and the Investment Opportunity Sets of Initial Public Offerings. , Tanya S. Nowlin
Theses/Dissertations from 1996 1996
The Effects of Analyst Following on Market Response to Bank Loan Announcements. , Joan Marie Brumm
An Information Integration Theory Analysis of Tax Preparers' Perceived Risk of Reporting Aggressively on Clients' Income Tax Returns. , Velmer Carlene Eddlemon
The Effects of Industry Deregulation on the Stock Market Responses to Earnings Announcements. , Wah Poon
Theses/Dissertations from 1995 1995
The Effects of Departures From Prior Return Measures on Individual Taxpayer Frame and Tax Reporting Decisions. , Phyllis V. Copeland
An Evaluation of Accounting Method Choice: A Study of the Transition Obligation Upon Adoption of SFAS 106. , Jean Elizabeth Finch
An Examination of Investor Evaluation of Corporate Social Performance. , Gisele Kay Jackson
Theses/Dissertations from 1993 1993
The Prediction of Financial Turnaround of Financially Distressed Firms. , Leslie B. Fletcher
The Impact of Budget Variance, Fiscal Stress, Political Turnover, and Employment Sector on Compliance Reporting Decisions. , Linda Achey Kidwell
Theses/Dissertations from 1992 1992
Attitudes Toward International Harmonization Efforts: A Cross-Cultural Study. , M. Aileen Smith
Theses/Dissertations from 1991 1991
An Investigation of the Determinants of the Municipal Decision to Privatize Residential Sanitation Collection. , Richard C. Brooks
An Examination of Semiotic Theories of Accounting Accruals. , Harlan Lynn Etheridge
An Examination of Auditor Changes Following Events Adversely Affecting External Auditor Credibility. , Thomas E. Wilson Jr
Theses/Dissertations from 1990 1990
An Investigation of the Effect of a Favorable External Quality Assurance Review on the Scope of the External Auditor's Examination of an Organization's Financial Statements. , Michael Charles Toerner
Theses/Dissertations from 1989 1989
The Interaction of Accountants' Involvement and Basis of Accounting on Loan Officers' Judgment When Evaluating a Loan to a Small Business. , Joe Gregory Bushong
A Training Intervention for Control of SBA Loan Defaults: A Theory Development Approach. , J. Dennis Coates
The Impact of Alternative Presentations of Cash Flows From Operations on the Relevance of Funds Flow Information. , David Walter Cornell
An Experiment to Study the Effects of Changing Format and Scaling Characteristics of Financial Statement Data. , Paul Michael Goldwater
An Empirical Investigation of the Financial Statement Characteristics of Firms Engaging in In-Substance Defeasance of Debt. , Raymond Jeffords Jr
The Impact of Options Listing on the Information Content of Annual Earnings Announcement. , Tinwah Richard Lau
Prospect Theory in Governmental Accounting: Implications for the Budgeting Process at the Local Level. , Karen Sue Mckenzie
An Examination of the Effect of Financial Risk on the Manager's Choice of Accounting Methods. , Linda Marie Nichols
An Experimental Research Study on the Effect of Accrual of Nonpension Postretirement Benefit Costs on Loan Officers' Decisions. , Joyce Ann Strawser
Theses/Dissertations from 1988 1988
An Investigation of Internal Auditor Judgment on the Importance of Indicators of Potential Financial Fraud: An Analytic Hierarchy Process Approach. , Barbara Ann Apostolou
A Comparison of the Effectiveness of the Operating Funds Flow Measures of Cash, Net Quick Assets, and Working Capital in Predicting Future Cash Flow. , Catherine Innes green Gaharan
The Effects of the Tax Reform Act of 1986 on the Real Estate Capital Markets and Its Differential Effects on Entity and Functional Forms: An Empirical Investigation. , Evelyn C. Hume
Information Acquisition and Decision-Making in Creditors' Decision Environment. , Pao-chuan Lin
A Study to Investigate the Effects of State Taxation and Plan Type on Small Employer Retirement Plan Cost. , W. Robert Smith
Theses/Dissertations from 1987 1987
The Impact of Comprehensive Allocation and Flow-Through Method of Accounting for the Income Taxes on the Investment Decision: A Field Experiment. , Zafar Ullah Khan
An Empirical Investigation of the Usefulness of Current Cost Information in Merger Prediction. , Robert Kuaterng Su
An Experimental Research Study on the Effect of Recognition and Disclosure of Corporate Pension Plan Assets and Obligations on Investment Decisions. , Mary Jeanne Welsh
Theses/Dissertations from 1986 1986
An Empirical Investigation of the Comparability of Reported Earnings Per Share Under Accounting Principles Board Opinion No. 15. , Suzanne Resi Pinac-ward
Theses/Dissertations from 1985 1985
An Experimental Research Study on the Effects of the Type of Accounting Service on a Bank Lending Decision for Nonpublic Businesses (Audit, Compilation, Review). , Jeffrey Reed Miller
A Field Test of the Perceptions of the Qualitative Characteristics of Statement of Financial Accounting Concepts No. 2 by Practicing Cpas (Multitrait-Multimethod, Mtmm, Analytic Hierarchy Process, Ahp). , Larry G. Singleton
Theses/Dissertations from 1984 1984
A Comparison of Sfas 33 Disclosures and Historical Cost Information in Predicting Stock Prices (Inflation, Changing Prices). , Heibatollah Sami
Theses/Dissertations from 1983 1983
Toward the Development of a Model to Evaluate the Effect of the Accelerated Cost Recovery System of Depreciation as Enacted by the Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981 on State of Florida Corporate Tax Revenues. , Chula Greenwell Ensley
An Empirical Investigation of the Extent of Disclosure in Municipal Annual Reports. , Franklin James Plewa Jr
Theses/Dissertations from 1982 1982
An Empirical Investigation of the Differential Market Response to Quarterly Earnings Announcements. , Salem Mohamed Bengharbia
An Empirical Study of Usefulness and Communicative Ability of Segment Disclosures Among Sophisticated Users of Corporate Financial Statements. , James Harold Honea
The Prediction of Small Business Instability--Loan Noncompliance: a Discriminant Analysis Approach. , Charles Thomas Moores
A Study of Moral Development of Selected Employees in Certain Public Accounting Firms. , Guy L. Tull Jr
A Comparison of the Predictive Ability of Historical Cost and Current Cost Accounting With Regard to the Prediction of Operating Cash Flow. , Ralph Edward Welton Jr
Theses/Dissertations from 1981 1981
An Empirical Study of the Characteristics of the Governmental Budgetary Process in Rich and Uncertain Environments: the Case of Saudi Arabia. , Abdulrhman I. Alhumaid
Theses/Dissertations from 1980 1980
The Reaction of the Security Market to the Quality of Segmental Disclosures: an Empirical Investigation. , Jacob Olakayode Balogun
Perceptions of the Role of Corporate Audit Committees - Now and in the Future. , Brenda Stewart Birkett
Theses/Dissertations from 1979 1979
Behavioral and Attitudinal Implications of Different Styles of Performance Evaluation: an Empirical Study. , Paul Joseph Carruth
A Test of Alternative Prior Probability Elicitation Methods in Assessing the Reliability of Internal Control Systems for Audit Decisions. , Johng Yul Lee
Municipal Bond Ratings: a Multiple Discriminant Analysis. , Kenneth Edward Peacock
Esops and Tax Policy: an Empirical Investigation of the Impact of Esops on Company Operating Performance. , Randy Gene Swad
Accounting Ratios as Measures of Benefits to Companies Initiating Pension Plans. , Charles Bruce Swindle
Theses/Dissertations from 1978 1978
An Inquiry Concerning the Selection, Rotation, and Retention of Independent Auditors. , Sarah Elisabeth tourne crais Dawkins
- Notify me via email or RSS
- LSU Libraries
- LSU Office of Research and Economic Development
Home | About | FAQ | My Account | Accessibility Statement
- Write my thesis
- Thesis writers
- Buy thesis papers
- Bachelor thesis
- Master's thesis
- Thesis editing services
- Thesis proofreading services
- Buy a thesis online
- Write my dissertation
- Dissertation proposal help
- Pay for dissertation
- Custom dissertation
- Dissertation help online
- Buy dissertation online
- Cheap dissertation
- Dissertation editing services
- Write my research paper
- Buy research paper online
- Pay for research paper
- Research paper help
- Order research paper
- Custom research paper
- Cheap research paper
- Research papers for sale
- Thesis subjects
- How It Works
The List of 70 Accounting Thesis Topics for Students
Accounting describes the process of recording and consolidating financial transactions in business. It involves analyzing, reporting, and summarizing financial transactions to organizations, businesses, tax agencies, and regulators. This is usually presented via a financial statement, a concise summary of all the financial dealings over a stipulated period. It provides clear documented information of a company’s operations, cash flow, and present financial standing. High accounting standards improve the credibility of financial statements. These financial statements can range from cash flow statements, income statements, loss statements, balance sheets, etc. This constant and customary method of financial reporting enables shareholders and other beneficiaries of a business to examine the performance of the said business.
Accounting Thesis For Students
Accounting research topic ideas, topics for accounting thesis, interesting accounting topics for your paper, accounting research questions, accounting dissertation topics, research papers topics on accounting, financial topics to write about.
Accounting is essential for majorly business and management students. They start the basics of the subject in their lower levels, and some progress to further the subject in their higher studies. During this period of education, there will come a time they will require accounting topics for the thesis. They will need to focus on all the elements of the thesis in accounting and compile topics that will suit their interests.
Accounting thesis topics for students are tailored towards a particular aspect of the profession. In this manner, picking an accounting thesis topic and nurturing it will be based on your stage of education, be it an undergraduate, master’s, or PhD level.
Usually, there are areas of improvement and weaknesses in the world of finance. These errors are often the birth of research and analysis to create accounting research paper topics, buying a dissertation , or thesis topics in finance for students.
Trying to focus on many problems at a time can make you not finish your research topic in accounting at the appointed time. As a student, this is one error you want to avoid.
Naturally, you cannot master all the accounting subjects with the same ease. Hence, focus on the ones your strength resides in and discard the ones that posed a certain level of difficulty during the study. This is an important tip and recommendation when picking accounting topics for research. Here are some good examples of accounting research topics ideas.
- Accounting origin
- The Ethics of Accounting and Its Relevance in The Society
- Company structure influence on Accounting
- Information Systems For Accounting
- Accounting and Taxes
- Accounting as Relates to Personal Finance
- Profit Management
- Financial Markets and Accounting
- Accounting Methods Applied Throughout History
- The Age of Virtual Accountants
Accounting thesis topics for accounting students can be chosen according to the interests, and strengths each student shows in a certain period of their education. This can involve multiple accounting research paper topics, with the student now being left to choose the one they master more appropriately.
Usually, companies have weaknesses in different areas, it is a case of whether they are notable. When trying to pick accounting research topics as an undergraduate, you should focus on a singular problem and view it from various angles of prescriptive solutions.
- Inventories of Merchandise
- System Control and Inventory Management
- Manual of Different Accounting Principles
- International Financial Reporting Standards of Negligible Assets
- Procedures for Adopting Financial Reporting Standards
- Tax Culture as a Method of Keeping Companies in Check
- Accounting Guidelines of a Business
- Management Accounting Research
- Automation of Accounting Processes and Its Effects on Businesses
- Data Technology in Accounting Functions
These accounting topics come in forms that pique the interest of accountants and everyday business people. It should be bold, descriptive, and tally with a trending and important issue in all areas that concern the accounting sector. Getting topics like these are not as easy as you would imagine. It usually takes broad-spectrum research and paying rapt attention to business accounting flaws or potential problems.
- Modern Techniques of Debt Management
- Latest Technologies in Digital Accounting
- Fundamental Forensic Accountancy Skills
- Importance of Fast Information Integration for Modern Accounting
- Analysis and Design Risk in Accounting Systems
- Accounting Management and Financial Markets
- Issues in Implementation of Theoretical Accounting Processes in Applied Accounting
- Strategies to Make Organizational Finances Transparent
- Offshore Accounting Processes
- Significance of Financial Markets in Different Economies
When looking for accounting research topics ideas, determining the reason behind the question is the most challenging and vital decision in writing topics for accounting research papers. This difficulty arises because the foundation of your entire accounting topic depends on that one question.
Getting it wrong or mixing up the wrong statements can greatly impair the direction of your accounting topic for a research paper. Some good accounting research questions include:
- How to Investigate Forensic Accountancy?
- How to Avoid Debt Growth in Businesses?
- The Process of Making Accurate and Informed Accounting Decisions?
- How Does Culture Influence the Accounting System?
- Steps to Follow to Become a Certified and Chartered Accountant?
- How to Discover Effective Accounting Systems for Accountants?
- When Do You Need to Hire Personal Accountants?
- What are the limitations of digital Technology Evolution for the Accounting Niche?
- What Factors Facilitated the 2008 Worldwide Financial Crisis?
- What are the Processes Involved in Tax Assessment in Organizations?
In choosing an accounting topic for a project, you need to pick a topic that interests you, writing becomes easy and fast when you do. You can seek out simple accounting research topics if that’s what you can handle, or you could go for current accounting topics and interesting topics in finance.
However you choose to make that decision is up to you, but whatever topics you eventually come up with must not be vague or narrowly written. There should be a balance. Finally, you should extensively research and review your dissertation topic before making your topic decision. Having all these in mind, let’s look at some project topics on accounting.
- Quality in Quantitative Management Accounting Research
- Management Accounting and Supply Chain Strategy
- Notable Trends in Business Research and Accounting Finance and Management Control
- Effect of Auditing On Financial Reporting
- Importance of Fraud Detection in a Digital Environment
- The Globalization of Auditing Standards- an investigative analysis
- Studying the Effects of Intellectual Capital on the Development of Large Industries
- Tax Legislation in Freelance Businesses
- Critical Analysis of the Effects of Small Business Budgeting on Tertiary Institutions
Research papers on accounting involve a great deal of interest in the subject matter being researched. The aim is to enlighten and provide analytical detail to the readers. Also, in choosing a research paper topic, you should aim to acquire your readers’ attention.
This can be achieved by having sound knowledge of the research topic and gathering relevant information to explain the research better. Here are some good examples of accounting topic research papers.
- A Review on Government Management Accounting: Research in 2022
- Business Correspondence Analysis: Its Application in Management Accounting Research
- The Conceptual Framework of Strategic Management Accounting
- Meaning of Accounting Theories for Business
- What Impact Does Accounting Information Systems Have on Business Performance?
- Best Accounting Practices for Online Businesses
- Problems with the Normative Theory of Accounting
- Implementation of the International Public Sector Accounting Standards Board in the University System
- The Relationship between Public Sector Expenditure Accounting and Infrastructural Development
- Application of Accounting Standards in Critical Business Processes of Financial Conglomerates.
In the world of finance, various improvements are to be made with various issues that need solving. Highlighting the need for change and evolution brings about the intention of addressing these issues.
With the inception of digital currencies, new online databases for recording and carrying out financial transactions, there is a wealth of financial discussions to be had. With this fact also comes greater financial issues that need attention. Some eye-opening financial topics you can write about to address some financial systems include:
- Need for Accounting Technology
- Issues of Financial Ethics
- How to Develop and Improve Financial Systems
- Perspectives on Earnings Management
- Effective Methods of Tax Reduction for Organizations
- Role of Financial Markets in Accounting Management
- Methods of Preventing Financial Fraud
- What you should know about the Goldman Sachs Securities Fraud Case
- Commodities in Financial Markets
- Effect of External Factors on Cash Flow
Accounting thesis topics for students are nearly limitless. Not only with the issues that need solving or understanding, but the different facets of accounting that the world currently operates on that’s why many students are looking for help who will write my thesis , we have good news for such students because we have been doing this for a long time. This gives room for continuous enlightening and improvement due to the various areas accounting comes in contact with. There is the realm of management accounting, auditing, tax accounting, bookkeeping, online accounting, and many more. With the different list of accounting topics and thesis topics suggested, you can pick out any of them and chart your course to become a great accountant in the future.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- USF Research
- USF Libraries
Digital Commons @ USF > Muma College of Business > School of Accountancy > Theses and Dissertations
Accounting Theses and Dissertations
Theses/dissertations from 2023 2023.
The Rise of Text Analysis: Using Machine Learning to Explain the Variation in Going Concern Accuracy , Yimei Zhang
Theses/Dissertations from 2017 2017
Applying the Theory of Planned Behavior to Influence Auditors' Knowledge-Sharing Behavior , Xu Cheng
Theses/Dissertations from 2015 2015
Retail Investors' Perceptions of Financial Disclosures on Social Media: An Experimental Investigation Using Twitter , Neal Michael Snow
Does the Format of Internal Control Disclosures Matter? An Experimental Investigation of Nonprofessional Investor Behavior , Amanuel Fekade Tadesse
Theses/Dissertations from 2013 2013
Do Changing Reference Levels affect the Long-Term Effectiveness of Incentive Contracts? , Lee Michael Kersting
Theses/Dissertations from 2010 2010
The Effects of Directional Audit Guidance and Estimation Uncertainty on Auditor Confirmation Bias and Professional Skepticism When Evaluating Fair Value Estimates , Norma R. Montague
Theses/Dissertations from 2009 2009
Mitigating Escalation of Commitment: An Investigation of the Effects of Priming and Decision-Making Setting in Capital Project Continuation Decisions , Ann C. Dzuranin
Understanding and Improving Use-Tax Compliance: A Theory of Planned Behavior Approach , Christopher Robert Jones
Theses/Dissertations from 2008 2008
Detecting Financial Statement Fraud: Three Essays on Fraud Predictors, Multi-Classifier Combination and Fraud Detection Using Data Mining , Johan L. Perols
Performance and Perception: An Experimental Investigation of the Impact of Continuous Reporting and Continuous Assurance on Individual Investors , Anita Reed
The Effect of Multidimensional Information Presentation on the Effectiveness and Efficiency of a Spatial Accounting Judgment , John K. Tan
- Email Notifications and RSS
- All Collections
- USF Faculty Publications
- Open Access Journals
- Conferences and Events
- Theses and Dissertations
- Textbooks Collection
- Rights Information
- Submit Research
Home | About | Help | My Account | Accessibility Statement | Language and Diversity Statements
17 New Accounting Thesis Topics
The topics for accounting thesis are based on the scope of the profession. In this way, choosing a thesis topic and developing it will be based on the different professional areas that the student masters, on the need and contribution that the study will generate for their professional peers and the guidelines that the professor can guide the research work.
Thus, the accounting is an activity of control of the company, it allows to know through the accounting books that the organization has and counts, what are its liabilities and assets and to make immediate or planned decisions. In addition to being a mandatory requirement in any country.
Accounting is governed by international accounting principles. This allows us to give credibility to the efforts made by the accountant of the company. If these controls begin to show weaknesses, it is necessary to carry out evaluations and adjustments to correct the failure. These weaknesses are those that a researcher can develop in a scientific research or degree thesis.
How to select the topics for accounting thesis?
The topics for accounting thesis can be selected according to the strengths that you present as a student in a certain area of your career. With the one that you master better, that you have managed to acquire work experience or that at the moment of visiting the company selected for the investigation, the management indicates what is the problem that is presenting.
Generally, a company has different weaknesses in the same area, so it is necessary to define the subject at the time of writing the title and focus on a single problem or you will not be able to finish your thesis at the time planned by the university and for the student.
Review the curriculum of your career and in this way you will know the scope of it, being able to select a topic according to the needs of the study company and your academic knowledge and capacity. Remember not all the subjects that were studied during your career you mastered them in the same way, some had more difficulty than others. Discard those that presented difficulty and focus only on those that dominated and you liked. That is an infallible recommendation when choosing the topic of accounting thesis topics .
Thesis Topics For Accounting:
1. – inventories of merchandise..
In general, one of the departments with the most problems is the warehouse area. The company has several warehouses where it deposits different types of products, whether for sale or to be processed in the case of manufacturing companies. In addition, there are the warehouses of spare parts, waste materials, returned materials, among others.
The headache of management is the various problems caused by differences between the balances of books and physical stocks. Many organizations consider that inventory controls are based on a simple subtraction, “amount that was received – the quantity that was shipped and what is left is the total of merchandise “. Really, it’s not that easy. There are many factors that influence these differences to appear. So merchandise inventories is a very interesting and current thesis topic.
Various titles can be developed for this topic such as: 1. – Accounting strategies in the establishment of an inventory system for the company. 2. – System control method based on the ABC inventory management through measurement indicators for the company
3. – Implement an internal control for the management of inventories of finished products in the company
4.- Procedures of reception and dispatch to optimize the internal control of inventory of raw material in the company
2. – International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
This issue is also very important for companies, regardless of their size. (Large, medium, small) or their economic activity. (Services, manufacturing or commercial). The accountant is obliged to present their financial statements and any type of own activity under certain rules. The International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) correspond to a set of international specifications in which the accounting of the company is developed and presented. Many countries are governed by these regulations and companies have had to adapt them to the accounting of their organization.
The titles that can be generated for this topic are the following: 1. – Procedures for the adoption of the international accounting standard for property, plant, and equipment in the company
2. – Manual of Accounting Procedures under IFRS for SMEs in the area of Inventories for the company
3. – Adoption of International Financial Reporting Standards of negligible fixed assets of small and medium industries.
3. – Internal Control
Internal control covers all areas of the company. You can develop internal control in the accounts payable, how many receivables, inventories, cash flow, taxes. It is one of the broadest areas and each of them is extremely important within the organization. I invite you to read the internal control article. There we explain several aspects to consider for the development of your thesis.
Some titles can be: 1. – Accounting guidelines for the control of accounts payable of the company.
2. – Control procedures for accounts payable by the company.
3. – Strategies to optimize the internal control of collection management in the company.
4. – Tax
The tax area is one of the weaknesses that the company presents, and cases of fines and penalties may arise from the governing body that governs the payment of taxes in the country. Many times taxes are not canceled in time due to lack of control and ignorance about it. The subject on the tax area can be focused on the control of the payments in the corresponding time or in the development of tax culture in the workers and managers of the companies.
Possible titles of these topics: 1. – Strategic plan to minimize the risk of penalties for non-compliance with formal duties as a VAT withholding agent
2. – Strategic tax plan to optimize the level of compliance with the withholding tax obligations.
3. – Tax Planning and internal control oriented to comply with the tax obligations of the taxpayer.
4 . – Tax culture as a strategy to prevent the breach of the formal duties of the company.
Other topics that can be developed will depend on the purpose of the company, so if you work with food for human consumption, health centers, educational centers, service companies. Each one of them has its own dynamics and presents different problems. However, the majority is the lack of appropriate controls, absences of rules and policies within the organization. This generates weaknesses and problems that if not controlled in time, can harm the company in an important way.
Also the absence of auxiliary books, or their existence but are not square with the ledgers, seats with errors, financial statements that present weaknesses. All these problems can generate an investigation and depending on which area you are inclined you have a thesis topic to develop. You can also include topics about social benefits, wages, and salaries, depreciation.
5. – Digital Technology:
Technological tools have become an important factor in professional accountant careers. At present, traditional banking tends to decrease, increasing the use of digital banking. This causes that the use of digital tools becomes the obligatory use of these professionals.
With the appearance and use of electronic invoices, software that controls your application becomes necessary. In addition to mobile banking services, banking movements can be monitored with just one click.
All this requires a team of professionals who complement the functions of the accountant and in turn optimize the functions of this accounting department. The possible titles for this thesis topic :
- Implement Big Data technology in the simplification of obligations and functions of the accounting department in the company.
- Automation of accounting processes, making the systems more secure and stable in the company.
- Develop internal controls according to the use of online banking, relying on software appropriate for the company.
The trend of the use of digital tools will not diminish the incorporation of accounting professionals in business organizations. Since they only achieve that the work is updated and business decision making is done quickly and timely.
As for the modern time’s requirement, these accounting works must always be endorsed by professionals in the area.
The trend for this year 2020 is the increase in technology, in all facets of the company the use of Big Data, the boost of Fintech or financial technology, will be one of the great technological contributions for this year. The incorporation of electronic invoices and their use already established in various countries, in addition to online banking will implement Cybersecurity to prevent attacks on bank security. Accountants must learn to manage these tools.
Perhaps in the near future, universities will see the need to adjust their programs and incorporate these tools as compulsory subjects in the profile of the accounting graduate.
If you want to find more research topics, we recommend that you enter our category of Research Paper Topics .
Share this Post to Help Fellow Students
Useful Posts For Students
20 Best Laptops For Students
How I Won Eiffel Scholarship to Study For Free
16 Online Degree Programs From Top Universities
Should I Consolidate My Federal Student Loan?
8 Best Tablets For Students
No comments yet. Why don’t you start the discussion?
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *