- DOI: 10.1037/0033-295X.114.2.211
- Corpus ID: 5715561
Topics in semantic representation.
- T. Griffiths , M. Steyvers , J. Tenenbaum
- Published 1 April 2007
- Computer Science
- Psychological review
Figures and Tables from this paper
In semantic representation.
- T. Griffiths
Modeling Semantic Memory
- Computer Science Stud. Inform. Univ.
Modeling the Structure and Dynamics of Semantic Processing
- A. Rotaru , G. Vigliocco , S. Frank
- Computer Science Cogn. Sci.
Constructing Semantic Representations From a Gradually Changing Representation of Temporal Context
- Marc W Howard , Karthik H. Shankar , Uday K. Jagadisan
- Computer Science Top. Cogn. Sci.
- Highly Influenced
- View 5 excerpts, cites methods
Statistical models of learning and using semantic representations
- Joshua T. Abbott
The Construction of Meaning
- W. Kintsch , Praful Mangalath
- Linguistics, Computer Science Top. Cogn. Sci.
- View 3 excerpts, cites background
Inferring a probabilistic model of semantic memory from word association norms
- Mark Andrews , D. Vinson , G. Vigliocco
Multimodal Distributional Semantics
- Elia Bruni , N. Tran , Marco Baroni
- Computer Science J. Artif. Intell. Res.
- View 2 excerpts, cites background and methods
Distributed representations for compositional semantics
- Computer Science ArXiv
- View 2 excerpts, cites background
In defense of spatial models of semantic representation
- Michael N. Jones , T. Gruenenfelder , Gabriel Recchia
- Computer Science New Ideas in Psychology
SHOWING 1-10 OF 125 REFERENCES
Word Association Spaces for Predicting Semantic Similarity Effects in Episodic Memory.
- M. Steyvers , R. Shiffrin , D. Nelson
Modelling the effects of semantic ambiguity in word recognition
- J. Rodd , M. Gaskell , W. Marslen-Wilson
- Psychology Cogn. Sci.
- View 1 excerpt, references methods
Producing high-dimensional semantic spaces from lexical co-occurrence
- K. Lund , C. Burgess
- Highly Influential
- View 4 excerpts, references background and methods
The role of knowledge in discourse comprehension: a construction-integration model.
- Sociology Psychological review
- View 6 excerpts, references background and methods
Retrieval time from semantic memory
- A. Collins , M. R. Quillian
- View 3 excerpts, references background
A Solution to Plato's Problem: The Latent Semantic Analysis Theory of Acquisition, Induction, and Representation of Knowledge.
- T. Landauer , S. Dumais
- View 20 excerpts, references methods, results and background
A Comparison of Statistical Models for the Extraction of Lexical Information from Text Corpor
- View 1 excerpt, references background
Representing word meaning and order information in a composite holographic lexicon.
- Michael N. Jones , D. Mewhort
- Psychology Psychological review
- View 2 excerpts, references methods
Integrating Topics and Syntax
- T. Griffiths , M. Steyvers , D. Blei , J. Tenenbaum
- Computer Science NIPS
A Probabilistic Model of Lexical and Syntactic Access and Disambiguation
- Dan Jurafsky
- Linguistics Cogn. Sci.
- View 2 excerpts, references background
Showing 1 through 3 of 0 Related Papers
Academia.edu no longer supports Internet Explorer.
To browse Academia.edu and the wider internet faster and more securely, please take a few seconds to upgrade your browser .
Enter the email address you signed up with and we'll email you a reset link.
- We're Hiring!
- Help Center
SEMANTICS OF ENGLISH A TERM PAPER ON SEMANTICS AND GRAMMAR PREPARED AND PRESENTED
The inextricable bound of semantics and grammar is discussed in this work. The present researcher delves into exploring several literatures on the interface, before discussing their interplay as an inextricable bound.
Unpublished Ph. D. Dissertation. Madrid: Universidad …
Fifth Mediterranean Morphology Meeting
Main Theme: Variation and Change in Morphology
Cambridge Univ Press
The fact that inflectional affixes always attach to the verbal stem leads to the bracketing paradox in the case of particle verbs since the semantic contribution of the inflectional information scopes over the complete particle verb. Furthermore some derivational affixes (as for instance -bar) productively attach to transitive verbs only. If the direct object of a verb is licenced by the particle, this leads to another brackating paradox. I will discuss nominalizations and adjective derivation, which are also problematic because of various bracketing paradoxes. I will suggest a solution to these paradoxes that assumes that inflectional and derivational prefixes and suffixes always attach to a form of a stem that contains the information about particles already, but without containing a phonological realization of the particle. The particle is a dependent of the verb and is combined with its head after inflection and derivation. With such an approach no rebracketing mechanisms are necessary. Appart from morphological properties of particle verbs, I also discuss their syntactic properties and suggest a syntactic analysis. Therefore the analysis covers morphology, syntax, and semantics of particle verbs.
Journal of Linguistics
Persian complex predicates pose an interesting challenge for theoretical linguistics since they have both word-like and phrase-like properties. For example, they can feed derivational processes, but they are also separable by the future auxiliary or the negation prefix. Various proposals have been made in the literature to capture the nature of Persian complex predicates, among them analyses that treat them as purely phrasal or purely lexical combinations. Mixed analyses that analyze them as words by default and as phrases in the non-default case have also been suggested. In this paper, I show that theories that exclusively rely on the classification of patterns in inheritance hierarchies cannot account for the facts in an insightful way unless they are augmented by transformations or some similar device. I then show that a lexical account together with appropriate Immediate Dominance (ID) schemata and an argument composition analysis of the future auxiliary has none of the shortcomings that classification-based analyses have and that it can account for both the phrasal and the word-like properties of Persian complex predicates.
A Grammar of Mongsen Ao, the result of the author’s fieldwork over a ten-year period, presents the first comprehensive grammatical description of a language spoken in Nagaland, north-east India. The grammatical analysis documents all the functional domains of the language and includes four glossed and translated texts, the latter being of interest to anthropologists studying folklore. Mongsen Ao is a highly agglutinating, mostly suffixing language with predominantly dependent-marking characteristics. Its grammar demonstrates a number of typologically interesting features that are described in detail in the book. Among these is an unusual case marking system in which grammatical marking is motivated by semantic and pragmatic factors, and a rich verbal morphology that produces elaborate sequences of agglutinative suffixes. Grammaticalisation processes are also discussed where relevant, thereby extending the appeal of the book to linguists with interests in grammaticalisation theory. This book will be of value to any linguist seeking to clarify genetic relationships within the Tibeto-Burman family, and it will serve more broadly as a reference grammar for typologists interested in the typological features of a Tibeto-Burman language of north-east India.
Retrieved from morphologyonline. …
Nuclear Instruments & Methods in Physics Research Section A-accelerators Spectrometers Detectors and Associated Equipment
Sorry, preview is currently unavailable. You can download the paper by clicking the button above.
Perspectives on aspect
Hei [email protected]
Computational Linguistics journal 2002
Encarnacion Hidalgo Tenorio
Jean-Pierre Koenig , karin michelson
Oxford Handbooks Online
Nicolas Suarez Riano
Michael Karani , M. Visser
Olomouc: Palacký University Olomouc. ISBN 978-80-244-5130-5.
Book Review of Analyzing Grammar: an Introduction
- We're Hiring!
- Help Center
- Find new research papers in:
- Health Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Cognitive Science
- Computer Science
- Academia ©2023
Brill | Nijhoff
Brill Germany / Austria
Brill | Fink
Brill | mentis
Brill | Schöningh
Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht
Open Access for Authors
Open Access and Research Funding
Open Access for Librarians
Open Access for Academic Societies
Discover Brill’s Open Access Content
Corporate Social Responsiblity
Policies, rights & permissions
Review a Brill Book
How to publish with Brill
Fonts, Scripts and Unicode
Publication Ethics & COPE Compliance
Data Sharing Policy
Ordering from Brill
Piracy Reporting Form
Sales Managers and Sales Contacts
Ordering From Brill
Titles No Longer Published by Brill
Brill Response To The Covid Crisis
Catalogs, Flyers and Price Lists
E-Book Collections Title Lists and MARC Records
How to Manage your Online Holdings
LibLynx Access Management
Online User and Order Help
Rights and Permissions
Latest Key Figures
Latest Financial Press Releases and Reports
Annual General Meeting of Shareholders
Press and Reviews
Current Research in the Semantics / Pragmatics Interface
- View PDF Flyer
- Open Access Enthymemes and Topoi in Dialogue The Use of Common Sense Reasoning in Conversation Volume: 41 Author: Ellen Breitholtz Publication Date: 23 Nov 2020 ISBN: 978-90-04-43679-4
- Information Structuring in Discourse Volume: 40 Volume Editors: Anke Holler , Katja Suckow , and Israel de la Fuente Publication Date: 30 Nov 2020 ISBN: 978-90-04-43672-5
- Evidentials and Modals Volume: 39 Volume Editors: Chungmin Lee and Jinho Park Publication Date: 08 Oct 2020 ISBN: 978-90-04-43670-1
- Something out of Nothing: The Semantics and Pragmatics of Implicit Quantification Volume: 38 Author: Ariel Cohen Publication Date: 29 Jun 2020 ISBN: 978-90-04-43259-8
- Secondary Content The Semantics and Pragmatics of Side Issues Volume: 37 Volume Editors: Daniel Gutzmann and Katharina Turgay Publication Date: 07 Jun 2019 ISBN: 978-90-04-39312-7
- Questions in Discourse Volume 2: Pragmatics Volume: 36 Volume Editors: Malte Zimmermann , Klaus von Heusinger , and V.Edgar Onea Gaspar Publication Date: 09 Apr 2019 ISBN: 978-90-04-37832-2
- Questions in Discourse Volume 1: Semantics Volume: 35 Volume Editors: Klaus von Heusinger , V.Edgar Onea Gaspar , and Malte Zimmermann Publication Date: 09 Apr 2019 ISBN: 978-90-04-37830-8
- Pragmatics, Truth and Underspecification Towards an Atlas of Meaning Volume: 34 Volume Editors: Ken Peter Turner and Laurence Horn Publication Date: 12 Jun 2018 ISBN: 978-90-04-36544-5
- Potential Questions at the Semantics-Pragmatics Interface Volume: 33 Author: Edgar Onea Publication Date: 02 Feb 2016 ISBN: 978-90-04-21793-5
- Approaches to Meaning Composition, Values, and Interpretation Volume: 32 Editors: Daniel Gutzmann , Jan Köpping , and Cécile Meier Publication Date: 28 Aug 2014 ISBN: 978-90-04-27937-7
- The Semantics of Free Indirect Discourse How Texts Allow Us to Mind-read and Eavesdrop Volume: 31 Author: Regine Eckardt Publication Date: 28 Nov 2014 ISBN: 978-90-04-26673-5
- Language Production and Interpretation: Linguistics meets Cognition Volume: 30 Author: Henk Zeevat Publication Date: 30 Jan 2014 ISBN: 978-90-04-25290-5
- Meaning and the Dynamics of Interpretation Selected Papers of Hans Kamp Volume: 29 Author: Hans Kamp Editors: Klaus von Heusinger and Alice ter Meulen Publication Date: 17 Oct 2013 ISBN: 978-90-04-25288-2
- Beyond Expressives: Explorations in Use-Conditional Meaning Volume: 28 Editors: Daniel Gutzmann and Hans-Martin Gärtner Publication Date: 18 Jul 2013 ISBN: 978-90-04-18398-8
- Vagueness, Gradability and Typicality The Interpretation of Adjectives and Nouns Volume: 27 Author: Galit Weidman Sassoon Publication Date: 14 Mar 2013 ISBN: 978-90-04-24858-8
- Multidimensional Semantics of Evaluative Adverbs Volume: 26 Author: Mingya Liu Publication Date: 20 Nov 2012 ISBN: 978-90-04-24849-6
- Procedural Meaning: Problems and Perspectives Volume: 25 Editors: Victoria Escandell-Vidal , Manuel Leonetti , and Aoife Ahern Publication Date: 25 Jul 2011 ISBN: 978-08-57-24094-1
- Making Semantics Pragmatic Volume: 24 Editor: Ken Turner Publication Date: 08 Jun 2011 ISBN: 978-08-57-24910-4
- The Semantics of Grammatical Dependencies Volume: 23 Author: Alastair Butler Publication Date: 05 Oct 2010 ISBN: 978-90-04-25318-6
- A Theory of Conventional Implicature and Pragmatic Markers in Chinese Volume: 22 Author: Guangwu Feng Publication Date: 16 Jul 2010 ISBN: 978-90-04-25317-9
- Presuppositions and Discourse: Essays Offered to Hans Kamp Volume: 21 Editors: Rainer Bauerle , Uwe Reyle , and Thomas Zimmermann Publication Date: 23 Mar 2010 ISBN: 978-90-04-25316-2
- Utterance Interpretation and Cognitive Models Volume: 20 Editors: Philippe De Brabanter and Mikhail Kissine Publication Date: 09 Jun 2009 ISBN: 978-90-04-25314-8
- Particles at the Semantics/Pragmatics Interface Volume: 19 Author: Maj-Britt Mosegaard Hansen Publication Date: 06 Dec 2007 ISBN: 978-00-80-55681-9
- Game Theory and Linguistic Meaning Volume: 18 Editor: Ahti-Veikko Pietarinen Publication Date: 30 Jun 2007 ISBN: 978-00-80-54852-4
- Questions in Dynamic Semantics Volume: 17 Editors: Maria Aloni , Alastair Butler , and Paul Dekker Publication Date: 20 Mar 2007 ISBN: 978-00-80-47099-3
- Where Semantics meets Pragmatics Volume: 16 Editors: Klaus von Heusinger and Ken Turner Publication Date: 25 Oct 2021 ISBN: 978-00-80-46260-8
- Numerous Meanings Volume: 15 Author: Bert Bultinck Publication Date: 25 Oct 2021 ISBN: 978-00-80-45679-9
- Shifting the Focus Volume: 14 Author: Daniel Wedgwood Publication Date: 01 Jan 2005 ISBN: 978-00-80-45731-4
- Figurative Language: Cross-cultural and Cross-linguistic Perspectives Volume: 13 Authors: Dmitrij Dobrovol'skij and Elisabeth Piirainen Publication Date: 22 Feb 2005 ISBN: 978-00-80-43870-2
- Meaning: the Dynamic Turn Volume: 12 Editor: Jaroslav Peregrin Publication Date: 26 Jul 2021 ISBN: 978-90-04-45414-9
- Context-Dependence in the Analysis of Linguistic Meaning Volume: 11 Editors: Hans Kamp and Barbara Partee Publication Date: 01 Oct 2021 ISBN: 978-90-04-48722-2
- From Words to Discourse Volume: 10 Author: Javier Gutiérrez-Rexach Publication Date: 01 Jan 2002 ISBN: 978-05-85-47529-5
- Semantic and Pragmatic Issues in Discourse and Dialogue Volume: 9 Authors: Myriam Bras and Laure Vieu Publication Date: 01 Jan 2001 ISBN: 978-05-85-47439-7
- Pragmatics and the Flexibility of Word Meaning Volume: 8 Authors: Eniko Nemeth and Károly Bibok Publication Date: 22 Feb 2022 ISBN: 978-05-85-47426-7
- Contexts of Metaphor Volume: 7 Author: Michiel Leezenberg Publication Date: 01 Jan 2001 ISBN: 978-05-85-47393-2
- Modality: Issues in the Semantics-Pragmatics Interface Volume: 6 Author: Anna Papafragou Publication Date: 01 Jan 2000 ISBN: 978-05-85-47419-9
- The Lexicon-Encyclopedia Interface Volume: 5 Editor: Bert Peeters Publication Date: 01 Jan 2000 ISBN: 978-05-85-47446-5
- The Pragmatics of Propositional Attitude Reports Volume: 4 Author: Katarzyna Jaszczolt Publication Date: 01 Jan 2000 ISBN: 978-05-85-47447-2
- Presuppositions and Pronouns Volume: 3 Author: Bart Geurts Publication Date: 06 Dec 1999 ISBN: 978-00-80-43592-3
- Discourse, Beliefs and Intentions: Semantic Defaults and Propositional Attitude Ascription Volume: 2 Author: Katarzyna Jaszczolt Publication Date: 25 Nov 1999 ISBN: 978-00-80-43060-7
- The Semantics/Pragmatics Interface from Different Points of View Volume: 1 Editor: Ken Turner Publication Date: 18 Jun 1999 ISBN: 978-00-80-43080-5
Share link with colleague or librarian, product details.
- Get Series Alerts
- Pragmatics & Discourse Analysis
Primary source collections
Open Access Content
Contact & Info
Social Media Overview
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions | Privacy Statement | Cookie Settings | Accessibility | Legal Notice
Copyright © 2016-2022
Copyright © 2016-2021
Character limit 500 /500
Good research paper topics for high school students should explore social and community issues, such as the importance of recycling, preserving energy or government policies and procedures. Some topics may include the duties of the judicial...
Good position paper topics include debating the effectiveness of the death penalty, the fairness of the taxation system in the United States and whether or not using animals for research is humane.
When a person is writing a concept paper, he or she could choose to draw on topics, such as fear, unemployment, education, authorship, political gains, depression, psychoanalysis, platonic friendships, animal behavior or childhood.
This article analyzes the abstract computational problem underlying the extraction and use of gist, formulating this problem as a rational statistical inference
Sciences Laboratory and the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency. “Cognitive Agent That Learns and Organizes” project. While completing.
This leads to a novel approach to semantic representation in which word meanings are represented in terms of a set of probabilistic topics.
grade) and turn in a final research paper on a topic in sign language se-.
Read background papers and ask questions ... First: Topics from linguistic semantics ... PostDoc research on lexical relations, semantic.
The inextricable bound of semantics and grammar is discussed in this work. The present researcher delves into exploring several literatures on the interface
Current Research in the Semantics / Pragmatics Interface ; Enthymemes and Topoi in Dialogue. The Use of Common Sense Reasoning in Conversation. Volume 41. By:
information structure does not coincide with syntactic structure; Topic,.
Vocabulary learning and teaching are among the many different topics that have been under systematic research in the field of applied linguistics recently.
longer-term research projects. Investigation of attitudes dovetails with other topics in semantics and syntax which students may have previous interest in
To complete this course you must write two essays of approximately 2,000 words each. b. The deadline for handing in your second essay is Monday