- [email protected]
- Mon-Sat: 10.00-17.00 hours
- Vision & Mission
- Seminars & Workshops
- Area of Research
- Completed PhDs
- Research Groups - Research Forum
- Update Publications
- Research Collaboration
- Dept. Journals
- MPhil Entrance
- Dignitaries Visited
- Consultancy Services
- Extension Activities
- Teachers' Report on Students'Feedback
- Model Question Papers
- Seminar Hall
- Smart Class Room
- Lecture Hall
- News & Updates
PhD Entrance 2019 question paper HERE
MPhil Entrance 2019 question paper HERE
MA Entrance Exam - 2018 - QP-A / QP-B
MA Entrance 2019 old qp page 1 Here
MA Entrance 2019 old qp page 2 Here
MA Entrance 2019 old qp page 3 Here
MA English Model QP - 2021 Admission
MA EntranceExam, April 2021 - QP-A / QP-B
Admission Related Technical Helpdesk: 08584824065 / 06292218758 (10:30am-06:00pm)
Examination related helpline number : 7501801160, call now 08584824065, ph.d. entrance examination question paper 2020-2021.
- Ph.D. in Bengali
- Ph.D. in Sociology
- Ph.D. in English
- Ph.D. in Sanskrit
- Ph.D. in History
- Ph.D. in Philosophy
- Ph.D. in Education
- Ph.D. in Sericulture
- Ph.D. in Zoology
- Ph.D. in Computer and information science
- Ph.D. in Microbiology
- Ph.D. in Mathematics
- Ph.D. in Physics
Exams Question Papers General Knowledge Election Directory
PHD Entrance Previous Year Question Papers English & English Language PDF Download
Phd entrance previous year question papers english & english language pdf download.
- University of Hyderabad PHD Entrance Question Paper English 2010 Download
- University of Hyderabad PHD Entrance Question Paper English 2011 Download
- University of Hyderabad PHD Entrance Question Paper English 2012 Download
- University of Hyderabad PHD Entrance Question Paper English 2013 Download
- University of Hyderabad PHD Entrance Question Paper English 2014 Download
- University of Hyderabad PHD Entrance Question Paper Centre for English Language Studies 2012 Download
- University of Hyderabad PHD Entrance Question Paper Centre for English Language Studies 2013 Download
- University of Hyderabad PHD Entrance Question Paper Centre for English Language Studies 2014 Download
- Sardar Patel University Gujarat PHD Entrance Question Paper English 2014 Download
- Pondicherry University PHD Entrance Question Paper English 2010 Download
- Pondicherry University PHD Entrance Question Paper English 2011 Download
- Pondicherry University PHD Entrance Question Paper English 2012 Download
- Pondicherry University PHD Entrance Question Paper English 2013 Download
- Sri Padmavathi Mahila Visvavidyalayam PHD Entrance Question Paper English Language and Literature 2012 Download
- Reva University PHD Entrance Question Paper English 2014 Download
- IIT Bombay PHD Entrance Question Paper English 2013 Download
- Panjab University PHD Entrance Question Paper English 2015 Download
- Jawaharlal Nehru University PHD Entrance Question Paper English 2012 Download
- Jawaharlal Nehru University PHD Entrance Question Paper English 2013 Download
- Jawaharlal Nehru University PHD Entrance Question Paper English 2014 Download
Latest Govt Job & Exam Updates:
View Full List ...
- PG Entrance
- KU UG Semwise
- KU Ph.D entrance
- OU Ph.D entrance
- For employees
Materials for NET /SET/ PG ENTRANCE/ ELT/ CRITICISM
Subscribe my youtube channel
Search this blog, saturday, 3 december 2022, ou ph.d english entrance exam-2022 (03.12.2022).
OSMANIA UNIVERSITY, HYDERABAD
Ph.D Entrance Exam- 2022
I have prepared Key based on the question in memory.
Osmania University conducted Ph.D entrance (English) exam in online mode on 03.12.2022
It is not an official key, just for your understanding.
Please add the questions or key in the comments section if you remember any.
1. Match the following..
Das family- Interpretor of Maladies
Natraj family- Man Eater of Malgudi,
Youngsters family- A Raisin in the sun
2. Structure texture J.C Ransonm definition?
-texture, the concrete, physical elements of prose or poetry that are separate from the structure or argument of the work.
3. Yet in the given sentence is a ..
4. Saleem Sinai's narration History because (midnight children)....
-Saleem is born precisely at midnight, 15 August 1947, therefore, exactly as old as independent India
5. Blake's London is a ..
- A lyric of 4 quatrains..
6. Eliot's Waste land was dedicated to il miglior fabbro, a poet...... ..
- Ezra pound.
7. Which of the following is NOT a Contemporary to shakespeare..
- Richard Steele
8. What is Diglossia.?
- the coexistence of two varieties of the same language throughout a speech community
9. Which of the following poets born in the same year ..
- Thomas Carlye, JohnKeats are born same year, 1795
10. Defamilirity is used by?
- Victor Skhlovsky
12. How do I love thee...(sonnet43) what is the next line..?
- let me count ways.
13. "Perhaps it would not be easy to find any author, except ......"
observes Johnson's Preface.. who invented so much
as Shakespeare, Who so much advanced the studies which he cultivated,
or effused so much novelty upon his age or country (fill in the gap)..
14. What is the women doing in the beginning of short story. Lamb to slaugher...
-Lady is Waiting for husbant to return from office.
15. Bacon's essay "on Truth".. the question "lier is brave towards God, Cowards to men" is taken from?
16. We have chosen to fill our hives with ; thus furnishing mankind with the two noblest of things, which are sweetness and light...
-honey and wax (without articles)
17. On learning the English man do not return to her, the Lispeth..... (at the end of the story) ???
-becomes hill girl again.
18. Which is NOT TRUE about Karukku
- it is Telugu poem translated by Lakshi Holmstom
19. Jane Eyre .. related to
-wide sargasso sea
20. Braj Kachru has observed a tendency among Indian-English speakers and writers to use hybridized lexical items. One example of this is
21. Story line match the following.
Odyssey.. sons lovers..
Organs trading- Harvest
22. In which of the following texts will you find the following statement?
The lline... "I ask for, not at once no government, but at once a better government.
An American dream
I have a dream
Poor Litter Heart???
23. Naranappa was an enemy; dead, a preventer of meals; as a corpse, a problem and a nuisance”
Is a line in - Sanskara by UR Ananthamurthy
24. In Gerard Kersh..Absurd about clock without hands, and makes sound represents
- meaningless life
25.Pastiche vs plagiarism?
Pastiche is a work of visual art, literature, theatre, music, or architecture that imitates the style or character of the work of one or more other artists.
Plagiarism is the fraudulent representation of another person's language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions as one's own original work.
(Plagiarism is characterized by deceptive intent; pastiche involves open and intentional imitation or borrowing.)
26. Langue and parole; competence and performance terms related to??
- Saussure and Chomsky
27. Norman Conquest broigh French language.. the variety of Fresh speak by them is..
28. Match the following.
Phonetics- study of sounds
Phonology.. study of phonemes
29. Identify the Pair of words thet is NOT pronouned alike.
- appearance of being true, or a likeness to truth
31. In research material, "Quoted in"...means.. direct/indirect/
32. Bloom.AJ Greimas, Paul D Man Chicago School. New critics.. Constance school..Yale????
33. Lullaby is ..
-a quiet song to lull a child to sleep
34.Brook image babble???
35. The given lines of poem has
-simile in first two lines
36. Study Meaning of the words is.. a 4 line poem was given
37. Who is muse in paradise lost..
-Muse Urania (holy spirit)
38. Joan of Arc .. lesson people adore/Kill ??
39 Orwell on Gandhi - Satyagraha ??
-political views of Gandhi's Satyagraha
40. Raymond Williams definition of Keywords?
41. In traditional ELT methods and materials, the native speaker is elevated and idealized against sterotyped non-native speakers. The tendency is dubbed..... by Adrian Holliday?
42. Rajmohan's wife .. Published in Calcutta review/Indian field?
43. 4 lines of a poem is given.. it resembles... ??Ode to nightingale ?
43. Restoration age?
44. "......Chaucers and shakespears..." The plural form forms author names indicates...??
language produced by a learner of a second language that often has grammatical features not found in either the learner's native language or the language being acquired.
46. Select the most appropriate description of the difference in sense in sense implied in the follwing pair.
Jack verymuch wanted to travel.
Jack wanted to travel verymuch.
-The first stresses Jhon"s desire to travel; the second, the travel
47. Idiom with 'Walk'?--
Two questions in comprehension of poetry may be removed as they gave only 18 line poem asked questions on line21(depathetic..) and line23 (If ..)
DOWNLOAD THE QUESTION PAPER WITH PRELIMINARY KEY
Post a comment, ku ug sem-ii, ku ug sem- iv, ku ug sem-vi, ku ug semester-i, ku ug semester- iii, ku ug semester- v, english language teaching.