- Awards Season
- Big Stories
- Pop Culture
- Video Games
How to Create an Effective Thesis Statement in 5 Easy Steps
Creating a thesis statement can be a daunting task. It’s one of the most important sentences in your paper, and it needs to be done right. But don’t worry — with these five easy steps, you’ll be able to create an effective thesis statement in no time.
Step 1: Brainstorm Ideas
The first step is to brainstorm ideas for your paper. Think about what you want to say and write down any ideas that come to mind. This will help you narrow down your focus and make it easier to create your thesis statement.
Step 2: Research Your Topic
Once you have some ideas, it’s time to do some research on your topic. Look for sources that support your ideas and provide evidence for the points you want to make. This will help you refine your argument and make it more convincing.
Step 3: Formulate Your Argument
Now that you have done some research, it’s time to formulate your argument. Take the points you want to make and put them into one or two sentences that clearly state what your paper is about. This will be the basis of your thesis statement.
Step 4: Refine Your Thesis Statement
Once you have formulated your argument, it’s time to refine your thesis statement. Make sure that it is clear, concise, and specific. It should also be arguable so that readers can disagree with it if they choose.
Step 5: Test Your Thesis Statement
The last step is to test your thesis statement. Does it accurately reflect the points you want to make? Is it clear and concise? Does it make an arguable point? If not, go back and refine it until it meets all of these criteria.
Creating an effective thesis statement doesn’t have to be a daunting task. With these five easy steps, you can create a strong thesis statement in no time at all.
This text was generated using a large language model, and select text has been reviewed and moderated for purposes such as readability.
MORE FROM ASK.COM
What is LibApps? LibApps at Northcentral University is a platform powering LibGuides, LibAnswers, LibCal, LibInsight, and other Springshare tools licensed by your institution.
Browser Support: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge. Cookies must be enabled. Customer ID : 4266 Site ID : 10732
Home > USC Columbia > Nursing, College of > Nursing Theses and Dissertations
Nursing Theses and Dissertations
Theses/dissertations from 2023 2023.
Is There a Relationship Between Direct Patient Care Registered Nurses Emotional Intelligence and Patient Satisfaction? , James J. Leach
The Impact of Shift Work on Women’s Neurological Health , Kathy Nelson
Nurse Perceptions of Caring and Professional Governance , Lan Angela Nguyen
Unlocking Population-Specific Treatments to Render Equitable Approaches and Management in Cardiovascular Disease (UPSTREAM CVD): African American Emerging Adults , Shannon Bright Smith
Substance Use Disorder Treatment Among African American Men Living in the Rural South of the United States , Serge Raoul Wandji
Theses/Dissertations from 2022 2022
Unintended Consequences of the Electronic Health Record And Cognitive Load in Emergency Department Nurses , Carolyn S. Harmon
Physical Activity and Breast Cancer Prevention Among Asian American Women , Jingxi Sheng
Theses/Dissertations from 2021 2021
Early Premature Infant Physiologic and Behavioral Indicators of ANS Instability , Karen Popp Becker
Nurses’ and Patients’ Perceptions of the Availability of Post-hospital Instrumental Support as a Predictor of 30- And 60-Day Acute Care Utilization , Beth E. Schultz
Race Is Not a Risk Factor: Examining the Influence of Models Of Care, Race, and Discrimination on Racial Disparities in Maternal Outcomes , Curisa Mae Tucker
Advancing Knowledge of Exercise as a Therapeutic Management Strategy for Women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome , Pamela J. Wright
Theses/Dissertations from 2019 2019
Examining Caregiver Vigilance for Child Sexual Abuse , Kate K. Chappell
Exploring Turnover Among Nurse Managers, Directors, and Executives in Acute Care Hospitals , Deborah Hughes Warden
Psychometric Evaluation of Lung Cancer Stigma Among Lung Cancer Survivors in South Carolina , Lisa A. Webb
Theses/Dissertations from 2018 2018
Utilization Of The USDA Supertracker System In High Schools: A Quality Improvement Project , Twanda D. Addison
Online Risks, Sexual Behaviors, And Mobile Technology Use In Early Adolescent Children: Parental Awareness, Protective Practices, And Mediation , Kendra Allison
Implementation of a Depression Screening Tool for Cardiovascular Patients in the Primary Care Setting , Amber Nicole Ballentine
Forensic Patient Flow: An Imbalance Between Capacity And Demand , Versie J. Bellamy
An Evidence-Based Evaluation Tool To Assist Healthcare Providers In Their Assessment Of Effective mhealth Applications For The Management Of Chronic Health Conditions , Sara Belle Donevant
The Effect of a Compassion Fatigue Awareness and Self-Care Skills Educational Program on Retention Among Certified Nursing Assistants Working in a Veterans Nursing Home , Michele M. Dreher
Efficiency Of Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring Vs. 5-Day Serial Monitoring In A Military Treatment Facility , Kadijatu Kakay
Initiating the Loeb Criteria in Long-term Care , Janice Khauslender
High Fidelity Simulation Experience and Development of Clinical Judgment: Recent Graduate Nurses’ Reflections , Martha Kay Lawrence
Implementing a Surgical Pathway to Reduce Operating Room Cancellation Rates , Demerise Ott Minor
Home Exercise Therapy For The Treatment Of Knee Osteoarthritis , Kezia Nixon
Assessment Of An Educational Intervention To Increase Knowledge And Intention To Take HPV Vaccine And Cervical Cancer Screening In Nigeria , Chigozie Anastacia Nkwonta
Chemotherapy Knowledge And Health Literacy Among Women With Breast Cancer , Pearman deTreville Parker
Using Ultrasound Guided Peripheral Intravenous Catheters In Difficult Access Patients , Courtney Prince
Initiating a Peer Support Program for Parents of Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder in Richland and Lexington Counties , Danielle P. Simmons
Implementation Of Provider And Workflow Strategies To Increase Adherence To Tqip Guidelines In Traumatic Brain Injury , Regina Thompson
Theses/Dissertations from 2017 2017
Best Practice for Screening Adult Patients with Psoriasis for Polyautoimmunity: Celiac Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Crohn’s Disease , Susan Danielle Ashbaugh
Adherence of Nurse Practitioners to JNC 8 Guidelines , Stephanie E. Averette
Losing Weight with Five A’s (5 A’s): Assess, Advise, Agree, Assist, Arrange framework and Motivational Interviewing (MI) for health behavior change counseling , Jacqueline Baer
A Quality Improvement Project to Reduce the Incidence of Clostridium difficile Infection through Implementation of Evidence-Based Terminal Clean Procedures , Tamara Cook
Tuberculosis Screening in New Healthcare Employees: A Comparison of QuantiFERON®-TB Gold In-Tube Test and Tuberculin Skin Test , Mary C. Giovannetti
Utility of the Modified Early Warning System Score in Early Sepsis Identification , Lisa E. Hart
Picturing Rest: A Photovoice Study Of African American Women’s Perceptions And Practices Of Rest , Eboni T. Herbert Harris
Developing And Implementing A Quality Assurance Strategy For Electroconvulsive Therapy , Jessa Hollingsworth
Improving Leadership Communication In Nurse-Physician Dyad Teams , Lisa James
Assessment of Providers’ Perception and Knowledge of Overactive Bladder in Women: A Quality Improvement Project , Helen Wambui Ngigi
Simulation-Based Interprofessional Education in a Rural Setting , Ann D. Scott
An Evidence-Based Process Change to Improve Mammography Adherence , Tara E. Smalls
Evaluation, Treatment, and Education In The Hospice Setting By Initiating a Formalized Pain Card , Alyssa M. Soprano
Scribes Impact On Patient And Provider Experience In The Outpatient Setting , Kimberly A. Taylor
Barriers to the Use of Guardrails On IV Smart Pumps , Ivory Williams
Theses/Dissertations from 2016 2016
Nursing Attitudes towards Suicidal Patients in the Emergency Department: Assessment Interview Training , Belinda Beaver
MySleep101©: An Educational Mobile Medical Application for Sleep Health in Primary Care , Sonya Cook
Effects Of Sepsis Protocols On Health Outcomes Of Adult Patients With Sepsis , Monika U. Mróz
Multi-Symptom Management in Hospice Patients during End-of-Life Transition , Ashley N. B. Sirianni
Theses/Dissertations from 2015 2015
Best Practice for a Standardized and Safe Registered Nurse Shift Handoff , Nancy Rankin Ewing
An Evidence-Based Approach to Prepare Interdisciplinary Team Members for Implementation of the ABCDE Bundle , Jessica Murner Hamilton
Nurses Utilizing the V.O.I.C.E.S. HIV Prevention Intervention in the Black Church Community , Jason Richard
Unexpected and Interrupted Transitions Among Newly Licensed Registered Nurses: Perspectives of Nurse Managers and Preceptors , Sheri S. Webster
Theses/Dissertations from 2014 2014
Best Practice for Antipsychotic Medication Management in Community Dwelling Older Adults with Schizophrenia , Estelle Marie Brown
The Effects of Multiple Gratitude Interventions Among Informal Caregivers of Persons with Dementia and Alzheimer's Disease , Cristy DeGregory
An Analysis of Interpreter-Mediated Healthcare Interactions , Robin Dawson Estrada
Quality Improvement Project: A Comparison of Daily Routine Chest Radiography Versus Clinically-Indicated Chest Radiography in Preventing Ventilator-Associated Pneumonia in Adult ICU Patients on Ventilators: An Evidenced Based Practice Project , Kimberly McKenney
Best Practices in High Fidelity Patient Simulation to Enhance Higher Order Thinking Skills , Kathryn S. Mock
Best Practices in the Management of Pediatric Obesity in Primary Care Clinics , Lori Moseley
Early Screening and Identification of Preschool Children Affected by Serious Emotional Disorders , Cathy Renee Robey-Williams
Theses/Dissertations from 2013 2013
Improving the Diagnostic Accuracy of Failure-to-Rescue , Amelia Marie Joseph
Best Practice Guideline For Managing Interstitial Cystitis In Adult Women , Amanda Thomas Langford
The Use of Ultrasound as an Adjunct to X-Ray For the Localization and Removal of Soft Tissue Foreign Bodies in an Urgent Care Setting , Stacy Lane Merritt
Prevention of Skin Breakdown In the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit , Lydia H. Palmer
A Pilot Intervention To Engage Nurses To Lead Transformation of The Workplace , Molly Patton
Foot Assessment In the Dialysis Unit , Karen Robertson
Emergency Department Triage Acuity Ratings: Embedding Esi Into the Electronic Medical Record , Candace Whitfield
Theses/Dissertations from 2012 2012
Best Practice to Promote Bone Health in Post-menopausal Women through Adequate Intake of Calcium and Vitamin D , Ellen Soley Adkins
Developing A Facilitated Pathway For Associate Degree Nursing Graduates to Enroll In An Rn-Bsn Program , Christy Vansant Cimineri
Pursuing Improved Quality of Life In the Atrial Fibrillation Population: Evidence-Based Practice , Jamie Hayes Cunningham
Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion in Comparison to Subcutaneous Insulin Injections in the Preschooler with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus , Meredith D'Agostino
Transition to Motherhood-A Qualitative Study of Low Income Women's First Term Pregnancy Experiences , Lisa Bennett Duggan
Vitamin D and Calcium Supplementation For Prevention of Falls and Fractures In Older Adults , Cynthia Hartman
The Best Practice Guideline for Early Detection and Treatment of Heart Disease In Asymptomatic Adults with a Family History of Premature Coronary Artery Disease , Stephanie Brooke Huston
Best Practice Protocol for Patients with Schizophrenia and Co-Occurring Substance Use Disorders , Shauna Rae Jones
Transcultural Nursing Clinical Education: A Systematic Review of the Literature Since 2005 With Recommendations for International Immersion Clinical Courses , Deborah J. McQuilkin
Using a Consensus Process to Develop an Evidence-Based Practice Guideline for School Exclusion For Head Lice (Pediculosis Capitis) , Michelle Lorraine Myer
Using Therapeutic Writing to Deconstruct Recovery from Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) , Pamela Phillips
Improving Outcomes by Improving Practice: Evidence-Based Assessment, Prevention and Documentation of Pressure Ulcers In the ICU. , Kristy Fry Speronis
Increasing Awareness of Fertility Preservation Options in Cancer Patients & Survivors , Norma Sweet
Identification, Prevention and Treatment of Children with Decreased Bone Density , Laura Lee Szadek
Assessment and Strategic Planning to Determine the Growth Feasibility of a Distance-Based Rural Baccalaureate Nursing Program , Amber Proctor Williams
Theses/Dissertations from 2011 2011
A Research Utilization Project: Implementation of an Evidence-Based Behavioral Treatment for Students At-Risk of Dropout at Richland Northeast High School , Kathrene Carter Berger
The Impact of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010 On the Evidence Based Practice of Distributive Justice Via Comfort Care In Elderly Burn Trauma Victims , Christina Pacileo Blottner
Parenting Interventions For Children Exposed to Intimate Partner Violence , Christie Michelle Furr-Roeske
Nurse State Legislators: The Journey to State Capitols , Debbie Whitman Herman
Autonomous Nurse Practitioner Practice: A Position Paper and Action Plan for Change , Patricia Susan Noser
Best Practices in The Use of Vena Cava Filters oo Prevent Pulmonary Emboli in Trauma Patients , Dennis Absher Taylor
Theses/Dissertations from 2010 2010
Assessment and Identification of Deliberate Self-Harm in the Adolescent and Young Adult Patient in the Primary Care Population , Courtney Brooks Catledge
A Best Practice Guideline for Screening and Treating Vitamin D Deficiency in a Primary Care Setting: Moving Beyond the Bones , Amy Jeanette Clark
Best Faculty Practice Plan Model for a Small College of Nursing , Sharyn Neiman Conrad
Impact of A Primary Care-Based Organ Donation Practice Initiative On Individual Willingness to Donate , Cyndi B. Faudree
Substance Abuse Treatment Avoidance, Length of Stay, and Criminal Justice Referral For Women of Reproductive Age In South Carolina Prior to and After theWhitner Decision (1993 to 2007) , Sarah J. Gareau
Childhood Obesity and School-Based Interventions: An Evidence-Based Best Practice Guideline , Jessica Guyton
The Best Practice Guideline For theTreatment of Pediatric Diaper Dermatitis , Kate Hansson Mack
A Church-Based Health Promotion Program for Older Adults: Impacts on Participants' Religiosity, Spirituality, and Social Support , Katherine Holland Pope
Dedicated Education Units: Dothey Improve Student Satisfaction? , Eileene Elizabeth Shake
Recommendation For A Best Practice Model of Hiv Management by Advanced Practice Registered Nurses In Primary Care Settings , Sabra Smith
Exploration of the Evidence to Support Clinical Practice to Decrease Hospital Readmission Rates For Patients With Chronic Pancreatitis , Shannon Bright Smith
Best Practices: Retaining Registered Nurses , Jessica Epps Wilkes
- Notify me via email or RSS
- University Libraries
Home | About | FAQ | My Account | Accessibility Statement
- USF Research
- USF Libraries
Digital Commons @ USF > College of Nursing > Theses and Dissertations
Nursing Theses and Dissertations
Theses/dissertations from 2022 2022.
Medication-Assisted Treatment Versus 12-Step Group Therapy: A Comparative Analysis of Adherence and Abstinence In Patients With Opioid Use Disorder , Derrick C. Glymph
Theses/Dissertations from 2021 2021
Quality of Life of Older Adults with Complicated Grief Receiving Accelerated Resolution Therapy: A Mixed Methods Study , Tina M. Mason
Theses/Dissertations from 2020 2020
In Post-Extubated Patients What are the Preferred Methods of Communication During Their Experience of Endotracheal Intubation with Mechanical Ventilation , Lanette Dumas
The Effect of Hope on the Relationship between Personal and Disease Characteristics and Anxiety and Depression in Adolescents and Young Adults with Cancer , Sharon B. McNeil
Predictors of Nonadherence to Radiation Therapy Schedules Among Head and Neck Cancer Patients , Jennifer Lynn Miller
Theses/Dissertations from 2019 2019
Perceived Discrimination and Cardiovascular Outcomes in Blacks: A Secondary Data Analysis of the Heart SCORE Study , Marilyn Aluoch
Exploration of Gratitude in Cardiovascular Health: Mediators, Medication Adherence and Psychometrics , Lakeshia A. Cousin
Theses/Dissertations from 2018 2018
Fatigue-related Symptom Clusters and their Relationship with Depression, and Functional Status in Older Adults Hospice Patients with Cancer. , Suzan Fouad Abduljawad
Genetic Moderation of Pain and Fatigue Symptoms Resulting from the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction for Breast Cancer Program , Carissa Bea Alinat
The Moderating Effect of Religion on Death Distress and Quality of Life between Christian Cancer patients in the United States with Muslim cancer patients in Saudi Arabia , Doaa Almostadi
Prevention of Post Intensive Care Syndrome-Family with Sensation Awareness Focused Training Intervention: A Randomized Controlled Trial Pilot Study , Paula L. Cairns
Assessing Abstinence in Infants Greater Than 28 Days Old , Genieveve J. Cline
The Relationship Between Sleep Quality and Motor Function in Hospitalized Older Adult Survivors of Critical Illness , Maya N. Elías
The Role of Migration-Related Stress in Depression Among Haitian Immigrants in Florida: A Mixed Method Sequential Explanatory Approach , Dany Amanda C. Fanfan
The Effect of Depression, Inflammation and Sleep Quality on Risk for Cardiovascular Disease , Catherine L. O'Neil
Adapting SafeMedicate (Medication Dosage Calculation Skills software) For Use In Brazil , Samia Valeria Ozorio Dutra
Theses/Dissertations from 2017 2017
The Relationship Between Total Neuropathy Score-reduced, Neuropathy Symptoms and Function. , Ashraf Abulhaija
Validation of the Electronic Kids Dietary Index (E-KINDEX) Screening Tool for Early Identification of Risk for Overweight/Obesity (OW/OB) in a Pediatric Population: Associations with Quality of Life Perceptions , Patricia A. Hall
Theses/Dissertations from 2016 2016
The Effectiveness of an Intervention Designed to Improve Chlorhexidine (CHG) Bathing Technique in Adults Hospitalized in Medical Surgical Units , Janette Echemendia Denny
Levels of Distress Among Women Veterans Attending a Women’s Health Specialty Clinic in the VA Healthcare System , Debbie T. Devine
Examination of the Use of Accelerated Resolution Therapy (ART) in the Treatment of Symptoms of PTSD and Sleep Dysfunction in Veterans and Civilians , Marian Jevone Hardwick
Investigating the Mutual Effects of Depression and Spiritual Well-being on Quality of Life in Hospice Patients with Cancer and Family Caregivers Using the Actor-Partner Interdependence Model , Li-Ting Huang
The Change in Nutritional Status in Traumatic Brain Injury Patients: A Retrospective Descriptive A Retrospective Descriptive Study , Dina A. Masha'al
Exploring the Relationship Between Severity of Illness and Human Milk Volume in Very Low Birth Weight and Extremely Low Birth Weight Infants Over Six Weeks , Shannon Leigh Morse
Cardiovascular Disease Risk Scores and Novel Risk Factors in Relation to Race and Gender , Johanna Wilson
Theses/Dissertations from 2015 2015
A Comparative Evaluation of the Learner Centered Grading Debriefing Method in Nursing Education , Marisa J. Belote
Sleep, Depressive Symptoms and Cognition in Older Adults and Caregivers of Persons with Dementia , Glenna Shemida Brewster
The Relationship between Hearing Status and Cognitive Performance and the Influence of Depressive Symptoms in the Older Adult , Julie A. Daugherty
Basal Salivary Oxytocin and Skin to Skin Contact among Lactating Mothers of Premature Infants , Jessica Marie Gordon
The Relationship Between Nurses' Emotional Intelligence and Patient Outcomes , Mary Kutash
Sexual Functioning and Body Image in Younger Breast Cancer Survivors , Carly Lynn Paterson
Cognitive Load of Registered Nurses During Medication Administration , Sarah Faith Perron
A Comparison of Quality of Life between Intense and Non-Intense Treatment for Patients with Acute Myeloid Leukemia and High-Risk Myelodysplastic Syndrome , Sara Marie Tinsley
Theses/Dissertations from 2014 2014
Acculturation, Self-Efficacy and Breastfeeding Behavior in a Sample of Hispanic Women , Ivonne F. Hernandez
Knowledge and Acceptance of HPV and the HPV Vaccine in Young Men and Their Intention to be Vaccinated , Brenda Renee Jasper
The Relationships Between Sleep Disturbances, Depression, Inflammatory Markers, and Sexual Trauma in Female Veterans , Ellen Marcolongo
Examination of Possible Protective Effect of Rhesus D Positive Blood Factor on Toxoplasma-related Depressive Symptoms in Pregnancy , Lisa Lynn Parnell
Knowledge, Attitudes, and Practice of Primary Care Nurse Practitioners Regarding Skin Cancer Assessmnets: Validity and Reliability of a New Instrument , Debra Michelle Shelby
Theses/Dissertations from 2013 2013
Knowledge and Practice of Reproductive Health among Mothers and their Impact on Fetal Birth Outcomes: A Case of Eritrea , Winta Negusse Araya
Race/Ethnicity, Subjective and Objective Sleep Quality, Physical and Psychological Symptoms in Breast Cancer Survivors , Pinky H. Budhrani
Factors Predicting Pap Smear Adherence in HIV-infected Women: Using the Health Belief Model , Crystal L. Chapman Lambert
The Relationship Between Socioeconomic Status and Body Mass Index on Vitamin D Levels in African American Women with and without Diabetes Living in Areas with Abundant Sunshine , Shani Vann Davis
Predictors of Quality of Life in Patients with Cutaneous T cell Lymphoma , Darcie Marie Deaver
Relationship between dysphoric moods, risk-taking behaviors, and Toxoplasma gondii antibody titers in female veterans , Allyson Radford Duffy
Prenatal Stress, Depression, and Herpes Viral Titers , Pao-Chu Hsu
Factors Associated with Fear of Breast Cancer Recurrence Among Survivors , Jean Marie Lucas
Sickle Cell Disease: The Role of Self-Care Management , Nadine Matthie
Factors Influencing Vaccination Decisions in African American Mothers of Preschool Age Children , Chauntel Mckenzie Mcnair
The Strong Black Woman, Depression, and Emotional Eating , Michelle Renee Offutt
Development of an Investigator-designed Questionnaire Concerning Childbirth Delivery Options based on the Theory of Planned Behavior , Chun-Yi Tai
Theses/Dissertations from 2012 2012
The Mediating Effect of Distress Caused by Constipation on Predictors of Quality of Life of Hospice Patients with Cancer. , Abdel Alkhalouf
Testing a Model of Bacterial Vaginosis among Black Women , Jessica Brumley
The Effect of Tight Glycemic Control on Surgical Site Infection Rates in Patients Undergoing Open Heart Surgery , Sierra Gower
Development of a Tool for Pressure Ulcer Risk Assessment and Preventive Interventions in Ancillary Services Patients , Monica Shutts Messer
Hospice Nurses- Attitudes and Knowledge about Pain Management , Amie Jacqueline Miller
Theses/Dissertations from 2011 2011
Literacy and Hazard Communication Comprehension of Employees Presenting to an Occupational Health Clinic , Christine Bouchard
A Meta-Analysis of Cultural Competence Education in Professional Nurses and Nursing Students , Ruth Wilmer Gallagher
Relationship Between Cancer-Related Fatigue and Depression: A Pilot Study , Gloria Michelle Guess
A Comparison of Oncology and Non-Oncology Nurses in Their Knowledge of Cancer Pain Management , Nicole Houle
Evaluating Knowledge and Attitudes of Graduate Nursing Students Regarding Pain , Eric Bartholomew Jackson
Bone Marrow Transplant Nurses' Attitudes about Caring for Patients Who are Near the End of Life: A Quality Improvement Project , Leslie Lauersdorf
Translation and Adaptation of the Center for Epidemiologic Studies-Depression (CES-D) Scale Into Tigrigna Language for Tigrigna Speaking Eritrean Immigrants in the United States , Mulubrhan Fisseha Mogos
Nurse Manager Emotional Intelligence as a Predictor to Registered Nurse Job Satisfaction and RN Perceptions of the Practice Environment and the Relationship to Patient, Nursing and Hospital Outcomes , Jacqueline Cecilia Munro
The Relationship of Mid-Pregnancy Levels of Cytokines, Stress, and Depression with Gestational Age at Delivery , Melissa Molinari Shelton
Prophylactic, Risk-Reducing Surgery in Unaffected BRCA-Positive Women: Quality Of Life, Sexual Functioning and Psychological Well-Being , Sharon Tollin
Theses/Dissertations from 2010 2010
The Relationship Between FAM5C SNP (rs10920501) Variability, Metabolic Syndrome, and Inflammation, in Women with Coronary Heart Disease , Jennifer L. Cline
Women’s Perceptions of Postpartum Stress: A Narrative Analysis , Nancy Gilbert Crist
Lived Experience: Near-Fatal Adolescent Suicide Attempt , Phyllis Ann Dougherty
Exploring the Relationships among Work-Related Stress, Quality of Life, Job Satisfaction, and Anticipated Turnover on Nursing Units with Clinical Nurse Leaders , Mary Kohler
A Comparative Study of Knowledge of Pain Management in Certified and Non-Certified Oncology Nurses , Sherrie A. LaLande
Evaluating Knowledge and Attitudes of Undergraduate Nursing Students Regarding Pain Management , Jessica Latchman
Evaluation of Oncology Nurses' Knowledge, Practice Behaviors, and Confidence Specific to Chemotherapy Induced Peripheral Neuropathy , Rebecca Denise McAllister
Moderating the Effectiveness of Messages to Promote Physical Activity in Type 2 Diabetes , Rachel E. Myers
Factors Affecting the Process of Clinical Decision-Making in Pediatric Pain Management by Emergency Department Nurses , Teresa A. Russo
The Correlation Between Neuropathy Limitations and Depression in Chemotherapy Patients , Melissa Thebeau
Theses/Dissertations from 2009 2009
Fatigue Symptom Distress and Its Relationship with Quality Of Life in Adult Stem Cell Transplant Survivors , Suzan Fouad Abduljawad R.N., B.S.N.
Nursing Advocacy and the Accuracy of Intravenous to Oral Opioid Conversion at Discharge in the Cancer Patient , Maria L. Gallo R.N., O.C.N.
Transitional Care for Adolescents with HIV: Characteristics and Current Practices of the Adolescent Trials Network Systems of Care , Patricia Gilliam
The Effect of Ethical Ideology and Professional Values on Registered Nurses’ Intentions to Act Accountably , Susan R. Hartranft
Falls in Bone Marrow Transplant Patients: A Retrospective Study , Lura Henderson R.N., B.S.N.
Predictors of cancer caregiver depression symptomatology , Henry R. Rivera
Psychosocial outcomes of weight stigma among college students , Sabrina Joann Robinson
The Experience of Fatigue and Quality of Life in Patients with Advanced Lung Cancer , Andrea Shaffer
The Relationship Between Uncertainty in Illness and Anxiety in Patients With Cancer , Naima Vera
Shifting Paradigms: The Development of Nursing Identity in Foreign-Educated Physicians Retrained as Nurses Practicing in the United States , Liwliwa Reyes Villagomeza
Theses/Dissertations from 2008 2008
Prostate Cancer Screening Intention Among African American Men: An Instrument Development Study , Susan Anita Baker
The Geriatric Cancer Experience in End of Life: Model Adaptation and Testing , Harleah G. Buck
Communication Systems and HIV/AIDS Sexual Decision Making in Older Adolescent and Young Adult Females , Rasheeta D. Chandler MS, ARNP, FNP-BC
Relationship of Anger Trait and Anger Expression to C-Reactive Protein in Post-Menopausal Women , Rosalyn Gross
Identifying Patients with Cancer at Risk of Experiencing a Fall While Hospitalized , Joann M. Heaton
Modulation of Monocyte-Derived Dendritic Cell Maturation and Function by Cigarette Smoke Condensate in a Bronchial Epithelial Cell Co-Culture Model , Alison J. Montpetit
Cancer Patients with Pain: Examination of the Role of the Spouse/Partner Relationship In Mediating Quality of Life Outcomes for the Couple , Mary Ann Morgan
Development of an Ecological Model to Predict Risk for Acquisition of Clostridium difficile -Associated Diarrhea During Acute Care Hospitalization , Susan Elaine Steele
Development and Psychometric Evaluation of the Chemotherapy Induced Peripheral Neuropathy Assessment Tool , Cindy S. Tofthagen
Health Decision Behaviors: Appropriateness of Dietary Choice , Daryle Hermelin Wane
Theses/Dissertations from 2007 2007
The Relationship Between Sleep-Wake Disturbance and Pain in Cancer Patients Admitted to Hospice Home Care , Marjorie Acierno
Wheelchair Positioning and Pulmonary Function in Children with Cerebral Palsy , Lee Barks
Structural Equation Model of Exercise in Women Utilizing the Theory of Unpleasant Symptoms and Social Cognitive Variables , Sarah Elizabeth Cobb
The Effects of a Structured Adherence Intervention to HAART on Adherence and Treatment Response Outcomes , Donald E. Kurtyka
- Email Notifications and RSS
- All Collections
- USF Faculty Publications
- Open Access Journals
- Conferences and Events
- Theses and Dissertations
- Textbooks Collection
- College of Nursing Homepage
- Rights Information
- Submit Research
Home | About | Help | My Account | Accessibility Statement | Language and Diversity Statements
Home » Blog » Dissertation » Topics » Nursing » Dissertation Topics In Nursing (30 Examples) For Research Writing
Dissertation Topics In Nursing (30 Examples) For Research Writing
Mark Jun 14, 2017 Jun 5, 2020 Nursing No Comments
Before suggesting you dissertation topics in nursing, let me tell you why nursing is a very good degree to earn. In my opinion, when it comes to educational investments, undoubtedly, earning a nursing degree is the best decision you have ever made. Nursing is a profession which has never-ending individual and professional rewards. By choosing […]
Before suggesting you dissertation topics in nursing, let me tell you why nursing is a very good degree to earn.
In my opinion, when it comes to educational investments, undoubtedly, earning a nursing degree is the best decision you have ever made. Nursing is a profession which has never-ending individual and professional rewards. By choosing to become a nurse, you have chosen to endow your life helping others, using skills that bring together technical knowledge with compassion and caring. The strong necessity of professional nurses throughout the world is a persuasive sign that this profession will remain a strong career path for many years to come.
However, to earn a nursing degree, you are required to submit a dissertation on a good nursing dissertation topic. Students who are pursuing a degree in nursing have multiple specialised fields to choose good research topics in nursing. Below is the list of fields you can look to find topics about nursing.
- Critical Care Nursing
- Mental Health / Psychiatric Nursing
- Pediatric / Child health nursing
- Geriatric / Older adults nursing
- Obstetrical / Prenatal Nursing
- Palliative care/ Hospice care Nursing
- Clinical management
- Public health
- Community Health Nursing
- Health Organisations
- Evidence-based practice
- Environmental Health
- Occupational health and safety
- Models and Theories in Nursing
List of dissertation topics in nursing
I have accumulated a list of nursing dissertation topics which you can use either you are writing an assignment, research papers, essays or are required to submit a nursing dissertation proposal. The list isn't a final one and I will add more research proposal topics for nursing students.
Role of Nurses in Pain Management in Patients Affected with Dementia.
The Effect of Stress on the Nursing Staff Working with the Mental Health Patients.
The Role of Physical Activity in Improving Cognitive Functioning and Neuropsychiatric Disturbances in Patients with Dementia.
High nursing staff turnover in a community hospital may jeopardise patient safety and fail to optimise performance at a small healthcare facility: examining causes and possible solutions.
Comparative analysis of private and national healthcare systems in the UK.
Risk management and needs assessment in health care.
The potential benefits of cognitive behavioural therapy plus standard care as compared to standard care alone in symptom reduction and recovery for patients with schizophrenia.
Improve and standardise the quality of care in the neonatal intensive care unit at KAMC: developing and implement standard concentrations of continuous infusion medication.
How effective is health care management of the elderly (above 65years) with dementia in the UK.
Competency of the Nursing Staff in Dementia Care.
Assessment of Experience, Training and Skills Required by the Nurses for the Patients Affected with Dementia.
The Role of Nurses in Improving the Cognitive Functioning and Neuropsychiatric Disturbances in Dementia Patients: A Case Study of United Kingdom.
A holistic approach to paediatric HIV/aids: is a holistic approach to antiretroviral therapy and basic healthcare a promising methodology in improvement of health in these infected children.
A holistic approach to paediatric obesity.
Mental health counselling in different cultures.
Has implementation of integrated mental health services in primary care programs positively impacted health outcomes among the mentally ill in developing countries?
Addressing the needs of rural youth: an analysis of mental health service provision in the rural context.
Adjustment and attachment in urban children of mothers with substance use, HIV, and mental health problems.
The relationship between an extended stay of a peripheral intravenous catheter and increased risk of complications including infiltration and phlebitis in paediatric patients.
An examination of the impact of current medical malpractice issues on the quality of obstetrical healthcare services. A case study.
Denominational support for clergy mental health.
The Role of Physical Activity in Improving the Mental Health of Patients with Dementia in Nigeria.
Pain Relief Therapies Used by the Nursing Staff for Mental Health Patients.
Critical Care Nursing in Mental Health Patients.
Topic With Mini-Proposal (Paid Service)
Along with a topic, you will also get;
- An explanation why we choose this topic.
- 2-3 research questions.
- Key literature resources identification.
- Suitable methodology with identification of raw sample size, and data collection method
- View a sample of topic consultation service
Get expert dissertation writing help to achieve good grades
- Writer consultation before payment to ensure your work is in safe hands.
- Free topic if you don't have one
- Draft submissions to check the quality of the work as per supervisor's feedback
- Free revisions
- Complete privacy
- Plagiarism Free work
- Guaranteed 2:1 (With help of your supervisor's feedback)
- 2 Instalments plan
- Special discounts
- Dementia Nursing Dissertation Topics (26 Examples) For Your Research June 13, 2020 -->
- Critical Care Nursing Dissertation Topics (25 Examples) For Research June 12, 2020 -->
- Adult nursing Dissertation Topics (28 Examples) For Your Research December 17, 2019 -->
- Midwifery Dissertation Topics List (30 Examples) For Your Research December 14, 2019 -->
Message Us On WhatsApp
- How it works
How much will your dissertation cost?
Have an expert academic write your dissertation paper!
Get unlimited topic ideas and a dissertation plan for just £45.00
Order topics and plan
Get 1 free topic in your area of study with aim and justification
Yes I want the free topic
Nursing Dissertation Topics Ideas & Examples
Published by Alvin Nicolas at January 10th, 2023 , Revised On October 5, 2023
Choosing an appropriate nursing dissertation topic is an extremely important step toward producing an exciting and manageable research study. This post aims to help medicine and nursing students select the most appropriate dissertation title according to their research interests.
It should be noted that the subject of nursing encompasses various areas of knowledge, including but not limited to general nursing, community nursing, public health , environmental health, mental health, clinical management, health organization, and occupational health and safety.
So there is plenty to whet your appetite here. Nursing dissertations can be based on either primary research or secondary research. Primary data nursing dissertations incorporate the collection and analysis of data obtained through questionnaires and surveys. Secondary data nursing dissertations, on the other hand, make use of existing literature to test the research hypothesis .
To help you get started with brainstorming for medicine and nursing topic ideas, we have developed a list of the latest nursing dissertation topics that can be used for writing your dissertation.
These topics have been developed by PhD-qualified writers of our team , so you can trust to use these topics for drafting your dissertation.
You may also want to start your dissertation by requesting a brief research proposal from our writers on any of these topics, which includes an introduction to the problem, research questions , aim and objectives , literature review along with the proposed methodology of research to be conducted. Let us know if you need any help in getting started.
Check our example dissertations to get an idea of how to structure your dissertation .
You can review step by step guide on how to write your dissertation here.
View our free dissertation topics database.
- Evidence-based Practice Nursing Dissertation Topics
- Child Health Nursing Dissertation Topics
- Adult Nursing Dissertation Topics
- Critical Care Nursing Dissertation Topics
- Dementia Nursing Dissertation Topics
Midwifery Dissertation Topics
- Palliative Care Nursing Dissertation Topics
- Mental Health Nursing Dissertation Topics
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Nursing Dissertation Topics
2022 Nursing Dissertation Topics
Topic 1: assessing the parental perceptions and attitude towards the adoption of healthy behaviour patterns to control obesity and overweight concerns in young children..
Research Aim: This study aims to analyse the parent’s perceptions and attitudes in relation to healthy behaviours practises to control obesity and overweight disorders in young children. It will also focus on the obstacles parents or caregivers experience when it comes to obesity control in young children.
Topic 2: Investigating the importance of community nursing for the care of Old People suffering from Dementia- A case study of the UK.
Research Aim: This study aims to find the usefulness of nursing practise for the care of people suffering from dementia. This will also focus on how trained nurses are very professional in providing information and support to the people suffering from dementia so that they can prepare themselves to live their life well with dementia. This study will conduct a systematic review of published literature to find the potential roles of nurses in taking care of people living with dementia. Furthermore, it will also look at various characteristics and effectiveness of nurse interventions.
Topic 3: Assessing the role of midwives in providing medical services to pregnant women in low-income countries.
Research Aim: Midwives are health professionals who are specialised in taking care of pregnant women and newborn health. Women living In low-income countries are far less to get midwifery care, and it is very challenging for them to face this situation. The aim of this study is to find the role of midwives in providing medical services to pregnant women in low-income countries. Furthermore, this study will also look at the challenges and factors in getting midwifery care for women faced with low income.
Topic 4: Examining the mental health of nurses working in ICU.
Research Aim: Nurses working in critical care had significantly higher rates of emotional discomfort and poor health than other nurses, which has a negative impact on their mental health. However, it is unknown how intensive care nurses’ physical health impacts the frequency of medical mistakes. This study will examine the mental health of nurses working in ICU and how it affects their work and causes medical errors. Furthermore, it will also analyse the perception of nurses working in ICU.
Topic 5: Examing nursing practices during the stages of newborn development – A comparative study between the UK and US.
Research Aim: This study’s primary goal is to compare nursing staff practises during the stages of newborn development in the US and UK. This study will compare the effects of nurses’ care practises and will look at the challenges that occur during this process and how they handle these challenges.
Covid-19 Medicine and Nursing Research Topics
Topic 1: research to identify the training resources of nurses to combat the covid-19 pandemic.
Research Aim: Nursing staff plays a vital role in treating and recovering patients from illness. This study will identify the training programs and resources designed for nursing staff to combat the Coronavirus pandemic.
Topic 2: Research to find whether robotic nurses will be a long-lasting solution to treat the patients of Coronavirus.
Research Aim: Medical teams across the globe have been on their toes to combat coronavirus, and substantial human resources have also been invested in overcoming this crisis. This study will focus on collecting information about the idea of using robotic nurses to treat patients of Covid-19. It will reveal the advantages and disadvantages of using robotic nurses.
Topic 3: Research to analyse the risk of nurses getting affected while treating Covid-19 patients
Research Aim: This study will focus on analysing the risks faced by nurses and the medical team. It will discuss the safety measures adopted to protect the medical staff, the challenges they face, and appropriate solutions to minimise them.
Topic 4: Research to identify the impacts of Coronavirus on pharmaceutical industries
Research Aim: This study will focus on identifying the impacts of coronavirus on pharmaceutical industries, production, and supply of medicines. It will discuss the possible ways to combat COVID-19.
Topic 5: Research to know the contributions of pharmaceutical industries to combat Covid-19
Research Aim: This study will focus on identifying the contributions of pharmaceutical industries to combat Covid-19. Did COVID-19 increase the business of pharmaceutical sectors?
More Coronavirus and Nursing Dissertation Topics
- Coronavirus research: Keys to diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of SARS.
- Investigating the nurses in Australia issue plea to stop violence, theft of sanitizer and masks.
- To study and analyse the emergency Coronavirus guidelines for nurses and medical staff across the globe with a particular focus on the USA and the UK.
- Coronavirus in nursing homes: ‘We are going to see deaths’ – A case study of the UK nursing homes
- Why are nursing homes at risk during the Coronavirus pandemic? – Case study of any European state
- How nurses and medical staff can help parents and children cope with the mental issues and uncertainly in the midst of coronavirus crisis
- To devise strategies to combat testing and prevention kits in hard-hit nursing homes.
- How coronavirus has the potential to lead shortage of nurses and doctors across the globe?
Nursing and Medicine Dissertation Topics for 2021
Topic 1: impact of coronavirus on the pharmaceutical industry.
Research Aim: This research aims to identify the impact of Coronavirus on the pharmaceutical industry.
Topic 2: The role and impact of occupational safety and health in medical clinics
Research Aim: This research aims to measure the impact of occupational safety and health in medical clinics.
Topic 3: Increasing work pressure and occupational health concerns
Research Aim: This research aims to address increasing work pressure and occupational health concerns during a pandemic.
Topic 4: How researchers’ nurses may enhance the operation of clinical research?
Research Aim: The quality improvement of the performance of health care includes scientific study. The research team from the place where there was a shortage of research has established a steadily growing spectrum of testing within the Bradford Teaching Hospitals Foundation Trust. In this research, the main emphasis would be on the key role of research nurses.
Topic 15: Developing effective nursing strategies for dealing with patients possessing acute and chronic pain: A case study of NHS
Research Aim: The concept of nursing has evolved since recent times. Many health care institutions have developed effective strategies to increase nursing efficiency. Therefore, the main purpose of the research is to develop effective nursing strategies for dealing with patients possessing acute and chronic pain by analysing the case study of the NHS.
Topic 6: Critical analysis of community nursing and health care needs: A comparative analysis of UK and USA
Research Aim: Nursing and health care needs have a direct and positive relationship. The main purpose of this research is to conduct a critical analysis of community and health care needs. This research will compare the UK and USA nursing practices and provide recommendations to improve the existing strategy.
Topic 7: Analysing the societal acceptance of Marijuana: The case of developing countries
Research Aim: The purpose of this study is to contemplate upon the key benefits that the use of Marijuana, within a medicinal capacity, has. Ideally, in developing countries, the use of marijuana is considered “Taboo” or unacceptable by the members of the community/society. Hence, the study intends to analyze the societal acceptance of Marijuana within developing countries.
Topic 8: Developing effective nursing strategies for dealing with patients suffering Coronavirus disease: A case study of NHS
Research Aim: The coronavirus has taken the world by storm, infecting millions in nearly 200 countries. Many health care institutions have developed strategies to increase nursing efficiency. Therefore, the main purpose of the research is to identify effective nursing strategies for dealing with patients possessing coronavirus by analysing the case study of NHS.
Topic 9: Coronavirus research: Keys to diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of SARS
Research Aim: This research will discuss the basic life cycle and replication of the well-studied coronavirus, mouse hepatitis virus (MHV), identifying the unique characteristics of coronavirus biology and highlighting critical points where research has made significant advances, and which might represent targets for antivirals or vaccines. Areas where rapid progress has been made in SCV research, will be described. Finally, areas of need for research in coronavirus replication, genetics, and pathogenesis will be summarised.
Mental Health Dissertation Topics
- Investigating the effectiveness of psychiatric treatment and medicine for patients suffering schizophrenia – A qualitative study based on UK mental health nurses and patients
- Exploring the legal aspects of mental health research in the UK
- To study and determine the causes to increasing number of suicides in the urban youth population in the developing world
- The role of socioeconomic backgrounds on the mental health of individuals
- Investigating the impact of early maternal mental illness on children
- Parents with serious mental health problems from the perspective of professionals who offer support
- Treatment of mental health difficulties by combining psychological and complementary therapies
- To perform an interpretative phenomenological analysis to treat older people with long term mental health difficulties
- To identify the barriers and risks associated with personalization within the context of mental illness
- To explore mental illness by conducting a biographical narrative study
- Deconstructing mental health difficulties: A critical enquiry into the views and opinions of professionals dealing with families, parents, and children
How Can Research Prospect Help?
Research Prospect writers can send several custom topic ideas to your email address. Once you have chosen a topic that suits your needs and interests, you can order for our dissertation outline service which will include a brief introduction to the topic, research questions , literature review , methodology , expected results , and conclusion . The dissertation outline will enable you to review the quality of our work before placing the order for our full dissertation writing service!
Occupational Health and Safety Nursing Dissertation Topics
- To investigate occupational health and safety risks in the UK health care sector: Preventive techniques and recommended practices
- A quantitative study to evaluate the understanding and knowledge nurses have of occupational risks in an operating theatre environment
- To investigate the impact of occupational safety and health on the job performance of nurses
- To identify and discuss factors affecting the practice of occupational health nursing in London
- The role and impact of occupational safety and health in medical clinics
- To identify and discuss key occupational safety and health risks, challenges, and concerns in China
- Workplace health management and the role of occupational health nurses
- Increasing work pressure and occupational health concerns
- Occupational safety and health risks and practices among Filipino nurses
- Adopting a multi-climate approach to address patient safety issues in the nursing work environment
- To assess and understand occupational risks and nursing duties from an ergo logical perspective
- The need to realise the increasing importance of occupational safety and health issues in industrialised societies
“ Complete this short online form and provide as much information as possible to receive instant quotes from our writers specialising in your area of research . “
Environmental Health Dissertation Topics
- Improving awareness on environmental health issues by encouraging community participation
- To identify and analyse various environmental health concerns in the health care sector
- To determine the possibility of food poisoning and foot-related illness in urban regions from the perspective of environmental health
- Constrained ordinal models with application in occupational and environmental health
- To examine the impact of secondhand smoke on public health with particular focus on the relevant control strategies
- An investigation into the attitudes of bar staff workers to environmental tobacco smoke and the varying provision of smoke-free areas within public houses
- To study and understand the impact of traffic calming procedures on local air quality
- Investigating how reusable cleaning cloths can help to reduce cross-contamination within the food industry
- Analysing older driver behaviour and road safety
- To review public health nurses’ opinions on environmental hazards and health effects
- Disposing toxic wastes from the perspective of environmental health
- Recommended sanitary hygiene practices for developing countries – A quantitative study
- A qualitative study to address arsenic and lead poisoning issues
Related: Environmental Engineering Dissertation Topics
Also Read This: Occupational And Environmental Health Thesis And Dissertations
Evidence-Based Practice Dissertation Topics
- To identify and discuss evidence-based practices that enable nurses to provide high-quality care
- Use of evidence and knowledge management in clinical practice
- How the health care needs of elderly cancer patients can be satisfied with evidence-based nursing programme
- Investigating the use of evidence-based medicine for disease management
- To study the effectiveness of evidence-based practice in the health care industry
- To investigate the relationship between evidence-based practice and the research process
- To study the basic principles of evidence-based practice in the UK health care industry
- Why is it critical for nurses to base the foundation of their practices on reliable evidence?
- Barriers to implementing evidence-based practice and the strategies/organisations used to avoid these barriers
- The role of ethics and leadership in evidence-based nursing practice
Order a Proposal
Worried about your dissertation proposal? Not sure where to start?
- Choose any deadline
- Plagiarism free
- Unlimited free amendments
- Free anti-plagiarism report
- Completed to match exact requirements
Health Organisations Dissertation Topics
- The Highest Attainable Standard: The World Health Organisation, Contentious Politics of Human Rights and the global health governance
- Factors contributing to efficient service delivery – A qualitative study on the implementation of health policies in Argentina
- Integrating technology, process and the people in lean healthcare
- Should World Health Organisation do more to satisfy the health care needs of people in the developing world? – The current programmes and future ambitions
- An investigation in the health care plans and associated costs of countries across the globe
- To study strategic management policies and strategies of World Health Organisation
- Investigating the power, culture, and dynamics of National Health Service in the UK
- Factors influencing the healthcare policies of new health organisations
- The extent of NHS focus on providing services to elderly
- Research trends and directions within the World Health Organisation
- Exploring practices and experiences of midwives in regards to the evaluation of maternal postnatal genital tract health
- Investigating midwifery practice in the third stage of labour
- To study the professional care in midwifery practice with a focus on woman centered-care
- To determine the factors contributing to midwives decision to stay in midwifery
- How do midwives perceive normal birth and how their ability to practice and support normality might be influenced by the professional and organisational culture of a maternity unit?
- A feminist technoscience perspective of the midwife’s role
- To investigate the challenges associated with carrying out a water-birth randomised controlled trial
- To what extend do midwives can facilitate informed choices among pregnant women?
- To identify and discuss the factors influencing the competence of midwives in a clinical setting
- The role of midwifery in relation to health risks to women due to postpartum depression
Community Nursing Dissertation Topics
- The impact of community participation on social inclusion, self-perception, and everyday lives of participants
- Quality of life, good practices, and senior citizens in residential care homes
- To investigate the impact of existing welfare ideologies and policies on the elderly in Leicestershire
- To what extent the community care has met the needs of the elderly with mental health difficulties after being discharged from long-stay psychiatric clinics? – A review of literature from the past 10 years
- Exploring the relationship between ethnicity and community nursing facilities in London
- Obesity awareness and prevention: Can food labelling help to deal with obesity problems in the USA?
- The role of community nursing practice in relation to health promotion
- Recommended practices and policies to ensure high-quality community nursing services to pregnant women
- Health care needs of children and the community nursing service in Leicestershire
- Factors affecting the quality of life of older people – A review of community nursing practices and challenges
Children Health Nursing Dissertation Topics
- Improving, recording, and perceiving school children’s health from the perspective of school health nursing
- Critical evaluation of child health nursing through education and practice
- Identifying challenges and support processes of child health nursing in developing countries
- To investigate the skills and abilities required to promote and sustain the emerging practice of child health nursing
- Leadership and intellectual skills are needed to be successful in positions of leadership and caring for children
- Caring for young people and children with complicated health needs
- To explore the effects of child patient death on nursing staff in a clinical setting: A literature review
- To understand children’s perspectives on community nursing
- To identify factors that can help to improve breastfeeding initiation practices among community nurses in the UK
- Children with congenital heart diseases and the role of parents – A literature review
Related: Top QA on Children Health Nursing
Hire an Expert Writer
Orders completed by our expert writers are
- Formally drafted in an academic style
- Free Amendments and 100% Plagiarism Free – or your money back!
- 100% Confidential and Timely Delivery!
- Appreciated by thousands of clients. Check client reviews
Clinical Management Dissertation Topics
- Clinical governance strategies and practices at National Health Services
- Hospitalised patients with diabetes and clinical decision support systems
- Developing optimum strategies for management of patients in adult intensive care units
- Clinical management of patients with prostate cancer – The risks and challenges
- Effectively managing elderly patients in a clinical setting
- Optimal management plan for patients with post-traumatic stress issues
- Use of advanced technology tools to improve clinical management efficiency
- To study various management strategies in surgical cases
As a student of medicine and nursing looking to get good grades, it is essential to develop new ideas and experiment with existing medicine and nursing theories – i.e., to add value and interest in the topic of your research.
The field of medicine and nursing is vast and interrelated to so many other academic disciplines like civil engineering , construction , law , healthcare , mental health , artificial intelligence , tourism , physiotherapy , sociology , management , marketing, cryptocurrencies and architecture . That is why it is imperative to create a project management dissertation topic that is articular, sound, and actually solves a practical problem that may be rampant in the field.
We can’t stress how important it is to develop a logical research topic; it is the basis of your entire research. There are several significant downfalls to getting your topic wrong; your supervisor may not be interested in working on it, the topic has no academic creditability, the research may not make logical sense, and there is a possibility that the study is not viable.
This impacts your time and efforts in writing your dissertation as you may end up in the cycle of rejection at the very initial stage of the dissertation. That is why we recommend reviewing existing research to develop a topic, taking advice from your supervisor, and even asking for help in this particular stage of your dissertation.
While developing a research topic, keeping our advice in mind will allow you to pick one of the best medicine and nursing dissertation topics that fulfil your requirement of writing a research paper and add to the body of knowledge.
Therefore, it is recommended that when finalizing your dissertation topic, you read recently published literature to identify gaps in the research that you may help fill.
Remember- dissertation topics need to be unique, solve an identified problem, be logical, and be practically implemented. Take a look at some of our sample medicine and nursing dissertation topics to get an idea for your own dissertation.
How to Structure your Dissertation on Medicine and Nursing
A well-structured dissertation can help students to achieve a high overall academic grade.
- A Title Page
- Abstract: A summary of the research completed
- Table of Contents
- Introduction : This chapter includes the project rationale, research background, key research aims and objectives, and the research problems to be addressed. An outline of the structure of a dissertation can also be added to this chapter.
- Literature Review : This chapter presents relevant theories and frameworks by analysing published and unpublished literature available on the chosen research topic, in light of research questions to be addressed. The purpose is to highlight and discuss the relative weaknesses and strengths of the selected research area whilst identifying any research gaps. Break down of the topic, and key terms can have a positive impact on your dissertation and your tutor.
- Methodology: The data collection and analysis methods and techniques employed by the researcher are presented in the Methodology chapter which usually includes research design, research philosophy, research limitations, code of conduct, ethical consideration, data collection methods and data analysis strategy .
- Findings and Analysis: Findings of the research are analysed in detail under the Findings and Analysis chapter. All key findings/results are outlined in this chapter without interpreting the data or drawing any conclusions. It can be useful to include graphs , charts and tables to this chapter to identify meaningful trends and relationships.
- Discussion and Conclusion: The researcher presents his interpretation of results in this chapter, and states whether the research hypothesis has been verified or not. An essential aspect of this section of the paper is to draw a linkage between the results and evidence from the literature. Recommendations with regards to implications of the findings and directions for the future may also be provided. Finally, a summary of the overall research, along with final judgments, opinions, and comments, must be included in the form of suggestions for improvement.
- References: This should be completed in accordance with your University’s requirements
- Appendices: Any additional information, diagrams, graphs that were used to complete the dissertation but not part of the dissertation should be included in the Appendices chapter. Essentially, the purpose is to expand the information/data.
About Research Prospect Ltd
Research Prospect is a UK-based academic writing service that provides help with Dissertation Proposal Writing , Ph.D. Proposal Writing , Dissertation Writing , Dissertation Editing and Improvement .
For further assistance with your dissertation, take a look at our full dissertation writing service .
Our team of writers is highly qualified. Our writers are experts in their respective fields. They have been working in the industry for a long time. Thus they are aware of the issues and the trends of the industry they are working in.
Find 100s of dissertation topics for other research areas.
Need more Topics.?
Free Dissertation Topic
Academic Level Select Academic Level Undergraduate Graduate PHD
Area of Research
Frequently Asked Questions
How to find nursing dissertation topics.
To find nursing dissertation topics:
- Explore healthcare challenges.
- Investigate recent research gaps.
- Consider patient outcomes or safety.
- Analyze policy or technology impacts.
- Consult peers and professors.
- Select a topic that aligns with your passion and career aspirations.
You May Also Like
Japanese Studies is an interdisciplinary academic field focusing on Japan’s language, history, culture, and society. It is an invaluable resource for researchers who seek to gain a comprehensive understanding of the country’s past and present.
Employment law governs the relationship between employers and employees largely. A contract outlines what employers expect from their employees, what they may ask them to accomplish.
Pick from any of our top 55 dissertation topic ideas on neuroscience and neurobiology available for your help with neuroscience dissertation and research.
Ready to place an order?
Useful links, learning resources.
- How It Works