- Awards Season
- Big Stories
- Pop Culture
- Video Games
How to Create an Effective Thesis Statement in 5 Easy Steps
Creating a thesis statement can be a daunting task. It’s one of the most important sentences in your paper, and it needs to be done right. But don’t worry — with these five easy steps, you’ll be able to create an effective thesis statement in no time.
Step 1: Brainstorm Ideas
The first step is to brainstorm ideas for your paper. Think about what you want to say and write down any ideas that come to mind. This will help you narrow down your focus and make it easier to create your thesis statement.
Step 2: Research Your Topic
Once you have some ideas, it’s time to do some research on your topic. Look for sources that support your ideas and provide evidence for the points you want to make. This will help you refine your argument and make it more convincing.
Step 3: Formulate Your Argument
Now that you have done some research, it’s time to formulate your argument. Take the points you want to make and put them into one or two sentences that clearly state what your paper is about. This will be the basis of your thesis statement.
Step 4: Refine Your Thesis Statement
Once you have formulated your argument, it’s time to refine your thesis statement. Make sure that it is clear, concise, and specific. It should also be arguable so that readers can disagree with it if they choose.
Step 5: Test Your Thesis Statement
The last step is to test your thesis statement. Does it accurately reflect the points you want to make? Is it clear and concise? Does it make an arguable point? If not, go back and refine it until it meets all of these criteria.
Creating an effective thesis statement doesn’t have to be a daunting task. With these five easy steps, you can create a strong thesis statement in no time at all.
This text was generated using a large language model, and select text has been reviewed and moderated for purposes such as readability.
MORE FROM ASK.COM
Thesis Completion Quotes & Sayings
- Qualitative Research
- Quantitative Research
- Academic Writing
- Getting Published
News & Events
199 quotes about goal setting.
- December 1, 2014
- Posted by: Mike Rucker
- Category: Coaching Philosophy
Unstick.Me has compiled 199 famous goal setting quotes to help inspire, motivate, and encourage you. We have curated these from a large range of sources and have tried to cover as many topics within goal setting as possible. If there are goal setting quotes you feel we missed, or if you believe we have misquoted someone, please let us know in the comments section below.
1) “It doesn’t matter who you are, where you come from. The ability to triumph begins with you. Always.” – Oprah Winfrey
2) “It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.” – Theodore Roosevelt
3) “Out of clutter, find Simplicity. From discord, find Harmony. In the middle of difficulty lies Opportunity.”” – Albert Einstein
4) “Well done is better than well said.” – Benjamin Franklin
5) “There is only one success… to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it.” – Christopher Morley
6) “It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.” – Lou Holtz
7) “Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.” – Abraham Lincoln
8) “The men who have succeeded are men who have chosen one line and stuck to it.” – Andrew Carnegie
9) “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.” – Alexander Graham Bell
10) “Behind every successful man there’s a lot of unsuccessful years.” – Bob Brown
11) “Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” – Lou Holtz
12) “The world has the habit of making room for the man whose words and actions show that he knows where he is going.” – Napoleon Hill
13) “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky
14) “Entrepreneurs don’t waste time/energy worrying about being better than someone else. Focus on being the very best version of YOU.” – Abdulaziz Aljouf
15) ” There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but the view is always the same.” – Chinese Proverb
16) “All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure.” – Mark Twain
17) “If you genuinely want something, don’t wait for it – teach yourself to be impatient.” – Gurbaksh Chahal
18) “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, learning from failure.” – Colin Powell
19) “The entrepreneur is essentially a visualizer and actualizer… He can visualize something, and when he visualizes it he sees exactly how to make it happen.” – Robert L. Schwartz
20) “Success on any major scale requires you to accept responsibility… in the final analysis, the one quality that all successful people have… is the ability to take on responsibility.” – Michael Korda
21) “No man becomes rich without himself enriching others.” – Andrew Carnegie
22) “Success belongs to those who believe in the power of their ideas.” – Michael Irwin
23) “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Confucius
24) “Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone.” – Pablo Picasso
25) “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.” – Thomas Jefferson
26) “By recording your dreams and goals on paper, you set in motion the process of becoming the person you most want to be. Put your future in good hands — your own.” – Mark Victor Hansen
27) “Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.” – Albert Einstein
28) “None of us will ever accomplish anything excellent or commanding except when he listens to this whisper which is heard by him alone.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
29) “Life isnt about learning how to weather the storm. its about learning how to dance in the rain.” – Monica Fish
30) “A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.” – William G.T. Shedd
31) “When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.” – Eric Thomas
32) “The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it “ – Michelangelo
33) “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
34) “The starting point of great success in your life begins, in the simplest terms, when you discipline yourself to think and talk about only the things you want and refuse to think and talk about anything you don’t want.” – Brian Tracy
35) “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm. “ – Winston Churchill
36) “Things come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle” – Abraham Lincoln via Tina MiModels
37) “The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
38) “The tragedy in life doesn’t lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.” – Benjamin Mays
39) “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
40) “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will.” – Vince Lombardi Jr.
41) “Forget all the reasons it won’t work and believe the one reason that it will.” – Unknown
42) “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door” – Milton Berle
43) “People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.” – Dale Carnegie
44) “Success doesn’t mean the absence of failures; it means the attainment of ultimate objectives. It means winning the war, not every battle.” – Edwin Bliss
45) “How you start is important, but it is how you finish that counts. In the race for success, speed is less important than stamina. The sticker outlasts the sprinter.” – B. C. Forbes
46) “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” – Randy Pausch
47) “Success is often the result of taking a misstep in the right direction.” – Bernstein, Al
48) “There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs. “ – Author unknown
49) “Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan ‘Press On’ has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.” – Calvin Coolidge
50) “A strong, successful man is not the victim of his environment. He creates favorable conditions. His own inherent force and energy compel things to turn out as he desires.” – Orison Swett Marden
51) “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
52) “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit at home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” – Dale Carnegie
53) “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas A. Edison
54) “There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed.” – Ray Goforth
55) “Vision without execution is just hallucination.” – Henry Ford
56) “Four things for success: work and pray, think and believe.” – Norman Vincent Peale
57) “Attach yourself to your passion, but not to your pain. Adversity is your best friend on the path to success.” – Author Unknown
58) “Whenever you see a successful person you only see the public glories, never the private sacrifices to reach them.” – Vaibhav Shah
59) “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” – Albert Schweitzer
60) “our success and happiness lies in you. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties.” – Helen Keller
61) “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale
62) “Every accomplishment begins with the decision to try.” – Anonymous
63) “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going” – Helen Keller
64) “The starting point of all achievement is desire.” – Napolean Hill
65) “There’s only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self.” – Aldous Huxley
66) “Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.” – Mother Teresa
67) “The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. “ – William James
68) “If you want to achieve greatness stop asking for permission.” – Anonymous
69) “Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential.” – John Maxwell
70) “I’ve been blessed to find people who are smarter than I am, and they help me to execute the vision I have.” – Russell Simmons
71) “The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance. The wise grows it under his feet.” – James Oppenheim
72) “The road to success is always under construction” – Lily Tomlin
73) “People who succeed have momentum. The more they succeed, the more they want to succeed, and the more they find a way to succeed. Similarly, when someone is failing, the tendency is to get on a downward spiral that can even become a self-fulfilling prophecy.” – Tony Robbins
74) “When you can’t change the direction of the wind, just adjust your sails.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr
75) “Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.” – Les Brown
76) “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.” – Tim Notke
77) “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.” – Mark Twain
78) “Success does not consist in never making mistakes but in never making the same one a second time.” – George Bernard Shaw
79) “The good news is that the moment you decide that what you know is more important than what you have been taught to believe, you will have shifted gears in your quest for abundance. Success comes from within, not from without.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
80) “Kites rise highest against the wind, not with it.” – Winston Churchill
81) “If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut” – Albert Einstein
82) “Keep on going, and the chances are that you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I never heard of anyone ever stumbling on something sitting down.” – Charles F. Kettering
83) “If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs.” – Dhirubhai Ambani
84) “Get going. Move forward. Aim High. Plan a takeoff. Don’t just sit on the runway and hope someone will come along and push the airplane. It simply won’t happen. Change your attitude and gain some altitude. Believe me, you’ll love it up here.” – Donald Trump
85) “Desire is the starting point of all achievement, not a hope, not a wish, but a keen pulsating desire, which transcends everything. “ – Napoleon Hill
86) “So be sure when you step, Step with care and great tact. And remember that life’s A Great Balancing Act. And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and ¾ percent guaranteed) Kid, you’ll move mountains.” – Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You’ll Go!
87) “We are told that talent creates its own opportunities. But it sometimes seems that intense desire creates not only its own opportunities, but its own talents.” – Eric Hoffer
88) “Unfortunately, there seems to be far more opportunity out there than ability. We should remember that good fortune often happens when opportunity meets with preparation.” – Thomas Edison
89) “Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as you mind lets you. What you believe, you can achieve.” – Mary Kay Ash
90) “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” – Vidal Sassoon
91) “Nobody who ever gave his best regretted it.” – George Halas
92) “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.” – Jordan Belfort
93) “Be content to act, and leave the talking to others.” – Baltasa
94) “Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe, and enthusiastically act upon… must inevitably come to pass!” – Paul J. Meyer
95) “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
96) “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” – Zig Ziglar
97) “Success is being able to juggle those Glass Balls called Priorities and keeping them shiny & intact while running the Marathon of Life” – Jouyin Teoh
98) “We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.” – Aristotle
99) “Nobody ever wrote down a plan to be broke, fat, lazy, or stupid. Those things are what happen when you don’t have a plan.” – Larry Winget
100) “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale
101) “You’re not obligated to win. You’re obligated to keep trying. To the best you can do everyday.” – Jason Mraz
102) “For true success ask yourself these four questions: Why? Why not? Why not me? Why not now? “ – James Allen
103) “If at first you don’t succeed; you are running about average. “ – Alderson, M.H.
104) “Eighty percent of success is showing up.” – Woody Allen
105) “Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.” – Dalai Lama XIV
106) “The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.” – Bruce Lee
107) “The ability to discipline yourself to delay gratification in the short term in order to enjoy greater rewards in the long term, is the indispensable prerequisite for success.” – Brian Tracy
108) “The successful man will profit from his mistakes and try again in a different way.” – Norman Vincent Peale
109) “To achieve the impossible, it is precisely the unthinkable that must be thought.” – Tom Robbins
110) “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
111) “The secret of success is to do the common things uncommonly well.” – John D. Rockefeller
112) “Whether you think you can or you can’t, you are right.” – Henry Ford
113) “The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom.” – George S. Patton Jr.
114) “Failure is not in your vocabulary; rather, you convert all working experiences, be they positive or negative, into fuel for future success. “ – Anonymous
115) “You may only succeed if you desire succeeding; you may only fail if you do not mind failing” – Philippos
116) “The superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions.” – Confucius
117) “If you want to achieve excellence, you can get there today. As of this second, quit doing less-than-excellent work.” – Thomas J Watson
118) “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
119) “In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.” – Bill Cosby
120) “Opportunities don’t happen, you create them.” – Chris Grosser
121) “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” – Robert F. Kennedy
122) “Success is about creating benefit for all and enjoying the process. If you focus on this & adopt this definition, success is yours.” – Kelly Kim
123) ” price has to be paid for success. Almost invariably those who have reached the summits worked harder and longer, studied and planned more assiduously, practiced more self-denial, overcame more difficulties than those of us who have not risen so far.” – B. C. Forbes
124) “Concentration of effort and the habit of working with a definite chief aim are two of the essential factors in success which are always found together. One leads to the other.” – Napoleon Hill
125) “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to success is more important than any other one thing.” – Abraham Lincoln
126) “What we are today comes from our thoughts of yesterday, and our present thoughts build our life of tomorrow: Our life is the creation of our mind.” – Buddha
127) “If you have no critics you’ll likely have no success.” – Malcolm X
128) “You can do anything if you have enthusiasm. Enthusiasm is the yeast that makes your hopes rise to the stars. With it, there is accomplishment. Without it there are only alibis.” – Henry Ford
129) “Success is not measured by what you accomplish, but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds.” – Orison Swett Marden
130) “If we did all the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.” – Thomas Edison
131) “There are two rules to success: 1) Never tell everything you know.” – Nick Tart
132) “Failure defeats losers, failure inspires winners.” – Robert T. Kiyosaki
133) “Some people dream of great accomplishments, while others stay awake and do them.” – Anonymous
134) “Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life.” – Dr. David M. Burns
135) “Whatever you do, you need courage. Whatever course you decide upon, there is always some one to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising to tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires some of the same courage that a soldier needs. Peace has it’s victories, but it takes brave men and women to win them.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
136) “Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.” – Goethe
137) “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day-in and day-out.” – Robert Collier
138) “I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.” – Warren Buffet
139) “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” – Maria Robinson
140) “If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.” – Gandhi
141) “As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world…as in being able to remake ourselves.” – Mahatma Gandhi
142) “No one is going to hand me success. I must go out & get it myself. That’s why I’m here. To dominate. To conquer. Both the world, and myself.” – Unknown
143) “Before the reward there must be labor. You plant before you harvest. You sow in tears before you reap joy. “ – Ralph Ransom
144) “The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible. “ – Arthur C. Clarke
145) “The winners in life think constantly in terms of I can, I will, and I am. Losers, on the other hand, concentrate their waking thoughts on what they should have or would have done, or what they can’t do.” – Dennis Waitley
146) “As soon as you realize that you don’t need anyone to make it in life. That’s your first step towards success. “ – Vusi Ndlovu
147) “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” – Lyndon Johnson
148) “Persevere…because on the road to success there is never a crowd on the extra mile!” – Charity Gibson
149) “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
150) “If you’re not failing every now and again, it’s a sign you’re not doing anything very innovative.” – Woody Allen
151) “The quality of a man’s life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence, regardless of his chosen field of endeavor.” – Vince Lombardi Jr.
152) “If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way” – Martin Luther King Jr.
153) “We become what we think about most of the time, and that’s the strangest secret. “ – Earl Nightingale
154) “Victory is sweetest when you’ve known defeat.” – Malcolm Forbes
155) “The great successful men of the world have used their imagination. They think ahead and create their mental picture in all its details, filling in here, adding a little there, altering this a bit and that a bit, but steadily building – steadily building.” – Robert Collier
156) “It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.” – Charles Darwin
157) “Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it…Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.” – Goethe
158) “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.” – Steve Jobs
159) “It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.” – Leonardo da Vinci
160) “A desire presupposes the possibility of action to achieve it; action presupposes a goal which is worth achieving.” – Ayn Rand
161) “The only thing that can stop you is the doubt that you carry in your mind. “ – Chae Richardson
162) “If you are not willing to risk the usual you will have to settle for the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
163) “All progress takes place outside the comfort zone.” – Michael John Bobak
164) “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.” – David Brinkley
165) “Success is a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don’t quit when you’re tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.” – Robert Strauss
166) “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” – Robert F. Kennedy
167) “The elevator to success is out of order. You’ll have to use the stairs…. One step at a time.” – Rande Wilson
168) “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
169) “Let no feeling of discouragement prey upon you, and in the end you are sure to succeed.” – Abraham Lincoln
170) “Victory becomes, to some degree, a state of mind. Knowing ourselves superior to the anxieties, troubles, and worries which obsess us, we are superior to them.” – Basil King
171) “To make our way, we must have firm resolve, persistence, tenacity.We must gear ourselves to work hard all the way. We can never let up.” – Ralph Bunche
172) “Success is a state of mind. If you want success, start thinking of yourself as a success.” – Dr. Joyce Brothers
173) “Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.” – Truman Capote
174) “Fortune favours the brave. “ – Publius Terence
175) “Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life – think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.” – Swami Vivekananda
176) “God gives every bird his worm but He does not throw it into the nest” – Liam Carey
177) “Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” – Steve Jobs
178) “The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself.” – Mark Caine
179) “Accomplishments will prove to be a journey, not a destination.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
180) “If you think you made it, your at the wrong place, never stop” – Chris Pardo
181) “Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it’s holy ground. There’s no greater investment.” – Stephen Covey
182) “Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.” – Napoleon Hill
183) “If you have an important point to make, don’t try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time – a tremendous whack.” – Sir Winston Churchill
184) “Whenever an individual or a business decides that success has been attained, progress stops. The way to succeed is to double your error rate.” – Thomas J. Watson
185) “Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning.” – Benjamin Franklin
186) “The more you lose yourself in something bigger than yourself, the more energy you will have.” – Norman Vincent Peale
187) “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand
188) “Successful entrepreneurs are givers and not takers of positive energy. “ – Anonymous
189) “Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for; it is a thing to be achieved.” – William Jennings Bryan
190) “As long as you’re going to be thinking anyway, think big.” – Donald Trump
191) “I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed.” – Booker T. Washington
192) “Don’t let what you can’t do stop you from doing what you can do. “ – John Wooden
193) “Top Achievers are improvisors, not perfectionists. If you want to create more success in your life you have to move forward not knowing all the answers. “ – Douglas Vermeeren
194) “It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed. “ – Theodore Roosevelt
195) “Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. It’s not a day when you lounge around doing nothing, it’s when you’ve had everything to do and you’ve done it. “ – Margaret Thatcher
196) “Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.” – Maya Angelou
197) “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney Company
198) “If you want to achieve excellence, you can get there today. As of this second, quit doing less-than-excellent work.” – Thomas J. Watson
199) “When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” – Viktor E. Frankl, Man’s Search for Meaning
We hope you have found these quotes on goal setting useful. Again, if you feel we have missed any, or if you believe we have misrepresented someone, please let us know in the comments section below so we can update the quote or quotes. Goal setting also has its own topic section within Unstick.Me, if you are looking for more goal setting content please take a look here .
180+ Dissertation Instagram Captions for your achievement posts
Celebrate your academic achievements and share your journey with the world using our collection of Dissertation Instagram Captions. These captions capture the hard work, dedication, and perseverance required to complete a dissertation and provide an inspiring way to share your story on social media. Find the perfect words to accompany your photos and share your success with friends and family.
Completing a dissertation is a major accomplishment that requires hard work, dedication, and perseverance. It’s a moment to be proud of and to share with friends, family, and the world. With social media being an integral part of our lives, why not use it to celebrate your academic achievements and share your journey? Our collection of Dissertation Instagram Captions offers a way to do just that.
From inspiring quotes to witty hashtags, these captions capture the essence of your journey and provide a creative way to share your story on social media. Browse our selection and find the perfect words to accompany your photos and show the world what you’ve accomplished.
Funny Dissertation Instagram Captions
No matter how you choose to celebrate completing your dissertation, make sure to capture the moment with a photo and a caption that will help you remember this special accomplishment. Congratulations on completing your dissertation!
- “I may have a degree, but I’ll always be a hot mess”
- “Ph.D. in progress, because who needs sleep anyway?”
- “A Ph.D. in procrastination? Sounds about right for me”
- “With a degree in hand, I can finally say goodbye to the hot mess express”
- “Ph.D.: because sleep is for the weak”
- “Submitting my thesis, just before it becomes obsolete.”
- “Dominating the dissertating game “
- “Penning the future, page by page “
- “A journey of late nights, caffeine, and mental toughness “
- “Procrastination, now with a PhD “
- “Thesis all-nighters, a rite of passage “
- “Fueled by coffee and takeout “
- “Bossing my way through dissertations “
- “Deadlines oversleep, always “
- “Elevated from caffeine to coffee connoisseur “
- “Stress management, Ph.D. level “
- “One more page, for academic integrity “
- “Farewell student life, hello career “.
Dissertation Instagram Captions 2023
Are you a student who has recently completed a dissertation? Congratulations! You’ve overcome a lot of hard work, and deserve to celebrate your accomplishment. Whether your dissertation was on a topic you’re passionate about or a required course of study, you should be proud of yourself for completing a major academic milestone.
To help commemorate and share your success, why not post a photo of your dissertation on Instagram with a fitting caption? We’ve gathered some of the best dissertation Instagram captions to help you get started.
- “Transforming research into reality “
- “Pushing boundaries with my Ph.D.”
- “Navigating the Ph.D. path to success “
- “From inception to excellence .”
- “Conquering the impossible with determination”
- “Fueled by coffee and driven by passion”
- “Elevating my education to new heights”
- “Transforming ideas into ground-breaking research”
- “Embracing the dissertation process with tenacity”
- “Pushing forward, one page at a time”
- “Bringing my academic goals to life “
- “Forging a path to my future success”
- “Making a lasting impact on my field”
- “Rising to the ultimate academic challenge”.
- “Chasing my dreams, one dissertation at a time”
- Don’t be afraid to start over. It’s a new beginning and a chance to do things better.
- Learning is a lifelong process, so never stop growing and expanding your horizons!
- Time management is essential in achieving success both personally and professionally.
- Prioritize your time wisely and don’t procrastinate!
- You can’t put a price on education.
- Learning is a never-ending process.
- Keep your mind open and keep learning!
Law Dissertation Instagram Captions
Dissertation writing is no easy feat! It takes weeks, months, and even years to complete. From coming up with a topic to researching and writing, there’s a lot of hard work that goes into it.
That’s why it’s important to celebrate the small victories along the way. Dissertation Instagram captions can be the perfect way to show off your hard work and dedication, and give your friends and family a glimpse into your journey. Here are some of the best dissertation Instagram captions to get you inspired.
- “Unraveling the mysteries of the law, one word at a time”
- “Uncovering the complexities of the legal world”
- “Championing justice through insightful legal research”
- “Putting my legal education to the ultimate test!”
- “Sparking change with my legal research”
- “Bringing simplicity to complex legal concepts”
- “Uncovering the mysteries of the legal system
- “ Making a meaningful impact with my law dissertation”
- No matter what life throws at you, always remember to keep learning and growing.
- Your dissertation is just one small step on your journey of lifelong learning!
- So if you want to be the best, start working on your dissertation now.
- You can’t put a price on knowledge.
- A dissertation is not just a piece of writing, it’s a journey.
- Every step is one step closer to your goal.
- Your dissertation is just the beginning of your journey to becoming an expert in your field.
Dissertation Hand in Instagram Captions
- This is it. The final step in my academic journey.
- Time to hand in my dissertation and move on to the next phase of my life.
- It’s not about being the best, it’s about putting in the work and dedication.
- Handing in my dissertation is just one step closer to my goal.
- Start early and pace yourself!
- Dissertations are all about time management. Know your priorities and schedule your time wisely!
- A dissertation is an opportunity to show your brilliance. Don’t let anything hold you back!
- The key to writing a great dissertation is organization and focus. Stay on track and don’t procrastinate!
- Dissertation hand-in day is finally here!
- “Mission accomplished “
- “Stepping closer to donning my graduation gown”
- “Endless effort brings endless reward”
- “ Saying goodbye to long nights and hello to graduation “
- “Celebrating my persistence and perseverance”
- “Submitting my thesis with pride “
- “Closing the chapter on my dissertation journey”
- “Finishing what I started “
- “Celebrating my academic triumph “
- “Farewell to sleepless nights and exhaustive research”
- “Celebrating the successful submission of my dissertation”
Dissertation Submission Instagram Captions
- “Can’t believe it’s finally over! Time to say goodbye to late nights and endless research”
- “Dreams don’t work unless you do. And today, I did it!”
- “All good things come to an end. But this ending marks the beginning of a new adventure”
- “Finally hitting that submit button on my dissertation!”
- “From research to defense and everything in between. I did it! “.
- “From the first page to the last, I gave it my all. And it paid off”
- “Finally, I can say I did it! Doctorate degree in hand”.
- Dissertation submitted and ready for the next adventure. “
- “Excited for what the future holds!”
- “The end of an era, but the start of a new one.”
- “My dissertation is finally submitted and ready to conquer the world!”
- “Dissertation submitted! “
- “Submitting my dissertation is like reaching the summit of a mountain I’ve been climbing for years. It feels amazing!”
- “Celebrating my hard-earned Doctorate”
- “A journey of dedication and determination”
- “From student to the doctor “
- “Endless research and writing, now a Ph.D.”
- “Celebrating the completion of my doctoral journey”
- “A world of knowledge gained”
Read more: 101 Award Captions for Instagram: Best winning captions & Quotes
Best Dissertation Instagram Captions
These dissertation Instagram captions are sure to get your friends and family excited for your journey. Use them to motivate yourself and show off your hard work.
- “Fueling my brain with words and coffee”
- “Steadily advancing towards the Ph.D. finish”
- “The ultimate test of my research and writing skills”
- “Turning my theories into tangible outcomes”
- “The cost of a Ph.D.: time, effort, and a few all-nighters”
- “Finally defended in my thesis “
- “If at first, you don’t succeed, revise, revise again!”
- “I have a degree in knowing things. “
- “I don’t know what the future holds, but my thesis holds a lot of it.”
- “Because a Ph.D. isn’t just a title, it’s a lifestyle.”
- “Ain’t no mountain high enough to stop me from finishing my thesis!.”
- “Dissertations are like a marathon, not a sprint.
- It takes time, energy, and dedication to finish one.”
- A dissertation is like a baby: it takes months of hard work and dedication to bring it into the world.
- “The best dissertations come from students who are passionate about their research.”
- A dissertation is worth the effort if it makes even one person’s life better.
How to Create Engaging Dissertation Captions for Instagram post
way to reach a wider audience and build a community around your research. Here are some tips to help you craft captions that will grab attention and encourage engagement:
- Keep it concise: Instagram captions have a maximum length of 2,200 characters, but the ideal length is closer to 150-200 characters. Keep your captions short, sweet, and to the point.
- Use a conversational tone: Write your caption as if you were talking to a friend. This will help make your research feel more accessible and relatable to your followers.
- Ask a question: Encourage engagement by asking your followers a question related to your research. For example, “What do you think about the impact of X on Y?”
- Use hashtags: Hashtags can help you reach a wider audience and connect with others who are interested in your area of research. Use relevant hashtags that are related to your dissertation topic and include them in your caption.
- Share a personal story: If you have a personal connection to your research, share it in your caption. Personal stories can help make your research feel more relatable and engaging to your followers.
- Add humor: If appropriate, use humor in your captions to make your research feel more approachable and fun.
- Show your personality: Instagram is a platform where you can let your personality shine. Use your captions to show your followers what makes you unique and why they should be interested in your research.
Remember, the goal of your Instagram captions is to spark interest and encourage engagement with your followers. Keep these tips in mind and experiment with different styles and approaches to see what resonates with your audience.
Some final words
As the semester draws to a close, the time has come to start planning how to best celebrate your dissertation achievement. One way to celebrate your hard work is to post on Instagram some dissertation -inspired captions. Whether you’re looking for funny quotes to make your friends laugh or motivational phrases to keep you going, these captions will help you express your sense of accomplishment.
Whether you’re a student, a professor, or just someone who’s interested in the world of academia, These above given dissertation Instagram captions are sure to inspire you to keep pushing forward and reach your goals. Keep them in mind on your journey and remember to keep striving for greatness. Good luck!
- 421+ Best College Instagram captions for college Graduation post
- 280+ Best Roommate Captions for Instagram with Quotes
- 350+ Best Karma Captions for Instagram to Inspire, Motivate
- 200+ Catchy Event Planning Captions for Instagram
Leave a Comment Cancel reply
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
- Quote of the Day
- Picture Quotes
Standart top banner.
I spent every night until four in the morning on my dissertation, until I came to the point when I could not write another word, not even the next letter. I went to bed. Eight o'clock the next morning I was up writing again.
My early work and publications centered around expanding on the analysis of life insurance in my dissertation and its relationship to investment banking.
An American cannot converse, but he can discuss, and his talk falls into a dissertation. He speaks to you as if he was addressing a meeting; and if he should chance to become warm in the discussion, he will say 'Gentlemen' to the person with whom he is conversing.
I am so fond of tea that I could write a whole dissertation on its virtues. It comforts and enlivens without the risks attendant on spirituous liquors. Gentle herb! Let the florid grape yield to thee. Thy soft influence is a more safe inspirer of social joy.
I once asked a young dissertation writer whether her suddenly grayed hair was due to ill health or personal tragedy; she answered: “It was the footnotes”.
I hate set dissertations,--and above all things in the world, 'tis one of the silliest things in one of them, to darken your hypothesis by placing a number of tall, opake words, one before another, in a right line, betwixt your own and your readers conception.
If you don't have the willpower to stop eating carbs, you won't have the willpower to do a dissertation. #truth.
I did my dissertation on Kafka.
I said to Mr. Pavarotti once ... a marvelous man and a great artist ... I said to him ... "Maestro, I'm having trouble closing out a note so that it's almost as thin as a butter knife ... finish it out quietly like that." I said, "I have trouble doing that. What do you think I should do?" He said, "Justa close up your mouth." That's all he said, and I fell on the floor. I thought he was gonna give me a dissertation.
In poetry, and in my study in graduate school, I was drawn to a particular poet, Theodore Roethke. I did a dissertation on "The Evolution of Matter and Spirit in the Poetry of Theodore Roethke" for my Ph.D.
nothing is so pleasant ... as to display your worldly wisdom in epigram and dissertation, but it is a trifle tedious to hear another person display theirs.
It has been said in praise of some men, that they could take whole hours together upon anything; but it must be owned to the honor of the other sex that there are many among them who can talk whole hours together upon nothing. I have known a woman branch out into a long extempore dissertation on the edging of a petticoat, and chide her servant for breaking a china cup, in all the figures of rhetoric.
This is the last sentence of my dissertation: "What is soul in music if not powerfully embodied human presence?"
And if something should be found, particularly in the first part of the dissertation, that one is generally not accustomed to come across in scholarly writings, the reader must forgive my jocundity, just as I, in order to lighten the burden, sometimes sing at my work.
The true source of our sufferings has been our timidity.
Didier once told me, in a rambling, midnight dissertation, that a dream is the place where a wish and a fear meet. When the wish and the fear are exactly the same, he said, we call the dream a nightmare.
The writer who cannot sometimes throw away a thought about which another man would have written dissertations, without worry whether or not the reader will find it, will never become a great writer.
History is life; he who has not lived, or has lived only enough to write a doctoral dissertation, is too inexperienced with life to write good history.
A monumental decision such as starting a family requires persuasive dissertations, licences, spreadsheets and field research. That's what I assumed until one night when we were lying in bed and, if I recall correctly, I asked Tracy if we were ready to have a family now, and she said sure. That was it.
Dissertations are not finished; they are abandoned.
A PhD in Mathematics is three years of guessing it wrong, plus one week of getting it right and writing a dissertation.
My dissertation was on the idea of feminine-themed women's magazines, so like how the ideal woman is put across by women's magazines.
It all started in India in the late 60s when I began helping my husband George, who was in the population field, evaluate the introduction of the intrauterine contraceptive device. At that time the IUD was considered to be the panacea for India's population problem. George's dissertation was focused on population and he became interested in the question of this new technology and how people were responding to it.
We're artists. We cry out to be exploited on some level. Write a dissertation on my work. Write a biography about me.
last adds STANDART BOTTOM BANNER
- The author didn't say that
- There is a mistake in the text of this quote
- The quote belongs to another author
- Other error
Get Social with AzQuotes
Follow AzQuotes on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. Every day we present the best quotes! Improve yourself, find your inspiration, share with friends
SIDE STANDART BANNER
- WordPress plugin
- ES Version AZQuotes.ES
- Submit Quotes
Login with your account
Create account, find your account.
Quotes about Thesis
under the images
The average Ph.D. Thesis is nothing but a transference of bones from one graveyard to another. Votes: 6
In 1947 I defended my thesis on nuclear physics, and in 1948 I was included in a group of research scientists whose task was to develop nuclear weapons. Votes: 6
I wrote my thesis on the benefits of war and very near got thrown out of college. But I can show you where the greatest advancement of mankind comes under stress and strain, not comfort. Votes: 6
And this thesis is somewhat connected with general social and political observations, because it establishes the fact that the number of consumers is considerably larger than the number of producers, a fact which exercises a not inconsiderable social and political pressure. Votes: 6
Well the basic thesis is that there's a god in heaven who is all powerful who wants to help people. And that - he will answer prayer, and does miraculous things in people's lives. And so I've documented some of these wonderful things. Votes: 6
I wrote my thesis on welfare policy. Votes: 4
Sometimes a scream is better than a thesis. Votes: 4
Outlines are the last resource of bad fiction writers who wish to God they were writing masters' theses. Votes: 4
Truth is found neither in the thesis nor the antithesis, but in an emergent synthesis which reconciles the two. Votes: 4
The thesis that risk assessment itself is inherently risky is nowhere better borne out than in the area of high-consequence risks. Votes: 4
I don't subscribe to the thesis, 'Let the buyer beware,' I prefer the disregarded one that goes, 'Let the seller be honest.' Votes: 4
I wanted to be a scientist. I did a thesis on lions. But I realised photography can show things writing can't. Lions were my professor of photography. Votes: 4
It would behoove you to have your thesis finely tuned and the logical arguments utilized in support of it tightly woven into a credible, and creatively persuasive tapestry. Votes: 4
The world is devoted to physical science, because it believes theses discoveries will increase its capacity of luxury and self-indulgence. But the pursuit of science only leads to the insoluble. Votes: 4
All truly great art is optimistic. The individual artist is happy in his creative work. The fact that practically all great art is tragic does not in any way change the above thesis. Votes: 4
It was generally believed that Catholics were not interested in arts and science graduate schools. They weren't going to be intellectuals. And so I put the theses to the test. And they all collapsed. Votes: 4
The fundamental idea of modern capitalism is not the right of the individual to possess and enjoy what he has earned, but the ;thesis that the exercise of this right redounds to the general good. Votes: 4
Communism--the first expression of the social nature--is the first term of social development--the thesis; property, the reverse of communism, is the second term--the antithesis. When we have discovered the third term, the synthesis, we shall have the required solution. Votes: 4
My thesis is that what we call 'science' is differentiated from the older myths not by being something distinct from a myth, but by being accompanied by a second-order tradition-that of critically discussing the myth. ... In a certain sense, science is myth-making just as religion is. Votes: 4
People will be discovering that the Internet helps their career. One of my theses is that every individual is now a small business; how you manage your own personal career is the exact way you manage a small business. Your brand matters. That is how LinkedIn operates. Votes: 4
I actually think being an entrepreneur is a state of mind. If you're going to be an entrepreneur, my thesis is that you have to sacrifice everything for some period in your life to be successful. You have to be myopic and completely focused and unbalanced in every way. Once you've achieved success, you're free to do whatever you like. Votes: 4
I think it's outrageous if a historian has a 'leading thought' because it means they will select their material according to their thesis Votes: 3
Sometimes a scream is better than a thesis. Votes: 2
As the facts change, change your thesis. Don't be a stubborn mule, or you'll get killed. Votes: 2
Those three years ended with June 1933. At that time I left Princeton, having submitted my Ph.D. thesis. Votes: 2
The best movies have one sentence that they're exploring, a thesis, something that people can argue about over dinner afterward. Votes: 2
I think it's outrageous if a historian has a 'leading thought' because it means they will select their material according to their thesis. Votes: 2
I am aware of the thesis that the United States has long since invested exclusively in stability and this has obviated democratic transformation in the Middle East. Votes: 2
I have strengths, and I have weaknesses. I don't pretend to be able to write a great thesis or doctorate - I have no pretensions in that direction. Votes: 2
Abbas is on his way to becoming a professor of terrorism. After denying the Holocaust in his doctoral thesis, he now claims that Hamas is not a terrorist organization. Votes: 2
I didn't get the degree because in my last year, for my thesis film I made a feature called Permanent Vacation and they'd given me a scholarship, the Louis B Mayer fellowship and they made a mistake. Votes: 2
My big thesis is that although the world looks messy and chaotic, if you translate it into the world of numbers and shapes, patterns emerge and you start to understand why things are the way they are. Votes: 2
The first time I set out to find George F. Kennan, in 1982, I had just turned 21, begun my final semester at Princeton University and noticed with astonishment that the senior thesis deadline had crept to within four months. Votes: 2
Experiments were not attempted at that time, we did not believe in the usefulness of the concept anyway, and I finished my thesis in 1962 with a feeling like an artist balancing on a high rope without any interested spectators. Votes: 2
Reed College required a thesis for a Bachelor's degree. Normally a Bachelor's is sort of like being stamped 'Prime US Beef.' They just walk you through, hand out the diplomas and you fill in your name later on. Votes: 2
I've always felt so grateful that I dropped out of school, that I never had to do a thesis. I wouldn't know how to organise and structure myself to film so that B follows A and C follows B. Votes: 2
Now a great debate has been born. The thesis is Democratic Socialism. The antithesis is free-market capitalism. The Obama Democrats have posed the challenge. It is now up to the Republicans to pick it up and fight along these lines. Votes: 2
The senior thesis of Hillary D. Rodham, Wellesley College class of 1969, has been speculated about, spun, analyzed, debated, criticized and defended. But rarely has it been read, because for the eight years of Bill Clinton's presidency it was locked away. Votes: 2
When I was going for my graduate degree, I decided I was going to make a feature film as my thesis. That's what I was famous for-that I had my thesis film be a feature film, which was 'You're a Big Boy Now.' Votes: 2
Wellesley's president, Nannerl Overholser Keohane, approved a broad rule with a specific application: The senior thesis of every Wellesley alumna is available in the college archives for anyone to read - except for those written by either a 'president or first lady of the United States.' Votes: 2
I read a book recently by a psychiatrist who was able to interview a few serial killers and she had a thesis on how you could figure these people out. And she thinks that there are things that could tell you whether someone has the potential to do that. Votes: 2
In preparing my thesis, I have had the pleasure of collecting testimonies from colleagues such as Placido Domingo but also from singing teachers and musicologists. The entire course of study has confirmed what I already thought, that the value and meaning of opera singing, at the beginning of the third millennium, remain intact. Votes: 2
Because the idea of zombies seems to make sense, and seems to, in a certain sense, be possible, I think one can use that to argue against the thesis that everything is purely physical. Now many people, I think, agree that the idea of zombies are conceivable, including people who want to be physicalists. Votes: 2
I think if somebody is so set in their ways about what they feel about something - and you get this a lot in academia, of course, and also different sorts of journalism too - you're going to sweep under the carpet the facts that don't suit your thesis. And I think that happens quite a lot in the courtroom, for instance. Votes: 2
The evolutionist thesis has become more stringently unthinkable than ever before. Votes: 0
My thesis statement would beâBach didn't write Baroque music. He wrote great music. Votes: 0
I did a thesis in experimental nuclear physics under the direction of Samuel K. Allison. Votes: 0
I did a thesis in experimental nuclear physics under the direction of Samuel K. Allison." Votes: 0
I was beginning to agree with the thesis that some truths were better off dead.And buried. Votes: 0
I shall state my thesis plain. The first poets were gods. Poetry began with the bicameral mind. Votes: 0
Of course we're all programmed genetically to some extent. But the "selfish gene" thesis doesn't explain everything. Votes: 0
You have to take those concepts and prove them, a little bit like you do a PhD thesis. Votes: 0
You should have an investment thesis that essentially says why you think this is potentially a good idea. Votes: 0
I have always believed the thesis that one's politics and the character of one's intellectual work are inseparable. Votes: 0
It is part of my thesis that all our knowledge grows only through the correcting of our mistakes. Votes: 0
I guess I've always been an aspiring novelist. I went to Princeton and wrote a novel for my thesis. Votes: 0
I didn't really come from money. So I wanted my thesis show to grab as much attention as possible. Votes: 0
My thesis is that all disciplines find their completion in Christ and cannot be properly understood apart from Christ. Votes: 0
All of my education at Harvard, then Oxford, then Paris was in literature - even my thesis was on Shakespeare. Votes: 0
If in many of my productions terror has been the thesis, I maintain that terror is not of Germany, but of the soul. Votes: 0
Yo! You're my dope dealer not my thesis adviser. If I wanted your opinion about my dissertation, I'd have asked for it, Motherfucker! Votes: 0
Yo! You're my dope dealer not my thesis adviser. If I wanted your opinion about my dissertation, I'd have asked for it, Motherfucker!" Votes: 0
I used to teach animation history classes at the University of Texas, and I wrote my master's thesis on cartoons. I just love cartoons. Votes: 0
This is positively not an album to play while you do a doctorate thesis on "Bergson, Webern and Charles the Vicious, Paradox or Ambiguity?" Votes: 0
My thesis in terms of all my art is finding the beauty in the ugly truth. Just find the beauty in realism and what's there. Votes: 0
When I meet a woman, I don't think, 'Gee, I wonder if she's read the latest thesis by Stephen Hawking? I think, 'Great tits.' Votes: 0
Me? I'm being ridiculous? You're the one flirting for your thesis. What the hell kind of degree is that anyway? A doctorate of dick tease? Votes: 0
In 1952, I was appointed Professor at the University of Bonn and Director of the Physics Institute, with very good students waiting for a thesis advisor. Votes: 0
I shall develop the thesis that anyone acting communicatively must, in performing any speech act, raise universal validity claims and suppose that they can be vindicated. Votes: 0
And though he had almost flunked in Greek, his thesis on 'Sixteen Ways of Paying a Church Debt' had won the ten-dollar prize in Practical Theology. Votes: 0
I'm a doctor of cowshit, pigshit, and chickenshit.....when you doctors figure out what you want, you'll find me out in the barn shoveling my thesis. Votes: 0
There are bound to be deniers. Whenever you set up a thesis there's bound to be somebody who comes the opposite way â¦like Holocaust deniers. Votes: 0
It's useful to be able to recognize whether you're on track or not. To have that belief, but also paranoia about am I tracking against my investment thesis. Votes: 0
It would behoove you to have your thesis finely tuned and the logical arguments utilized in support of it tightly woven into a credible, and creatively persuasive tapestry. Votes: 0
A program whose basic thesis is, not that the system of free enterprise for profit has failed in this generation, but that it has not yet been tried! Votes: 0
Good and just society is neither the thesis of capitalism nor the antithesis of communism, but a socially conscious democracy which reconciles the truths of individualism and collectivism. Votes: 0
My thesis is that the moral law is articulated with relation to the real as such, to the real insofar as it can be the guarantee of the Thing. Votes: 0
My thesis was on kinetics studies with the enzyme aldehyde dehydrogenase. When that was finished, I was granted a British Council Fellowship to work under the supervision of Malcolm Dixon. Votes: 0
I ended up doing four or five plays in college and being an English major with my thesis in language acquisition, which I was planning to study in graduate school. Votes: 0
An aphorism is an extreme synthesis of thesis and antithesis, theory and practice, it's a mixture of intuition and observation, hypothesis and illusions of certainty and probability, history and stupidity. Votes: 0
I wrote a thesis on love, and I wrote it in lipstick. Of course, I also got blood on the paper, because the lipstick was still attached to her cheating lips. Votes: 0
My thesis is that morality exists outside the human mind in the sense of being not just a trait of individual humans, but a human trait; that is, a human universal. Votes: 0
My thesis [is] that in order to design a tool, we must make our best efforts to understand the larger social and physical context within which it is intended to function Votes: 0
O Luther, you had 95 theses . . . The matter is far more terrible-there is only one thesis. The Christianity of the New Testament does not exist at all. Here there is nothing to reform. Votes: 0
I was now at a university in New York, a professor of existential psychology with the not inconsiderable thesis that magic, dread, and the perception of death were the roots of motivation. Votes: 0
When I was in graduate school, my thesis included both poetry and essays. Influenced by the personal essays of James Baldwin and Norman Mailer, I loved the form, but pretty much stopped. Votes: 0
You sort of have to separate what are questions you can ask that are going to help make you smarter about your thesis versus... trying to get somebody to validate it for you. Votes: 0
The use of thesis-writing is to train the mind, or to prove that the mind has been trained; the former purpose is, I trust, promoted, the evidences of the latter are scanty and occasional. Votes: 0
As I matured, I've always had the dream of one day either having my own clothing line or owning a fashion magazine. Most of my thesis' and projects in school were fashion and advertising based. Votes: 0
The fundamental idea of modern capitalism is not the right of the individual to possess and enjoy what he has earned, but the thesis that the exercise of this right redounds to the general good Votes: 0
Novels with a "thesis" don't interest me. They just don't - novels that want to "show" something, that want to "argue" something specific. I don't read novels that are looking to convince me of anything. Votes: 0
My zoology thesis was a functional analysis of the thyroid gland of the three-toed sloth. I chose the sloth because its demeanour - calm, quiet and introspective - did something to soothe my shattered self. Votes: 0
The thesis that the universe has an originating divine cause is logically inconsistent with all extant definitions of causality and with a logical requirement upon these and all possible valid definitions or theories of causality. Votes: 0
One of the reasons I picked Pacifica was because, for a lot of classes and for your thesis, you could do artwork because of the Jungian slant of it all, and that really called to me.
It used to be widely held that evil was incompatible with the existence of God: that no possible world contained both God and evil. So far as I am able tell, this thesis is no longer defended
There are different paths that one can pursue as a painter. I work with the thesis that I have not as yet reached my goal. This engagement is the necessary basis from which I plan new paintings.
Movies are hard to make, and you have to work toward a common ethic and do your best. You don't want to work with people who don't care or who are acting out some neurotic, crazy thesis on the set.
Some [people] may be "servants of the power structure," but that has to be shown. I think it often can be shown, but the burden of proof is on the critic who puts forth that thesis in particular cases.
Jefferson's Declaration of Independence is a practical document for the use of practical men. It is not a thesis for philosophers, but a whip for tyrants; it is not a theory of government but a program of action.
When I was in film school at USC, I wrote my thesis script about a woman on Wall Street - specifically a woman who used to work at Morgan Stanley, sort of based on her life. Through that process, I did some research.
The Bible is not interested in arguing, because if you state a thesis of belief you have already stated it's opposite; if you say, I believe in God, you have already suggested the possibility of not believing in him. [p.250]
The research on vision machines was mainly conducted at the Stanford Research Institute in the US. So, we can say that the events that took place in the Kosovo War were a total confirmation of the thesis of The Vision Machine.
It is an undeniable privilege of every man to prove himself right in the thesis that the world is his enemy; for if he reiterates it frequently enough and makes it the background of his conduct he is bound eventually to be right.
One of the goals of philosophy is wage theoretical battle. That is why we can say that every thesis is always, by its very nature, an antithesis. A thesis is only ever put forward in opposition to another thesis, or in defence of a new one.
What I'm saying to you this morning is that Communism forgets that life is individual. Capitalism forgets that life is social, and the Kingdom of Brotherhood is found neither in the thesis of Communism nor the antithesis of capitalism but in a higher synthesis.
The totalitarian phenomenon is not to be understood without making an allowance for the thesis that some important part of every society consists of people who actively want tyranny: either to exercise it themselves or - much more mysteriously - to submit to it.
I went on to write my graduate thesis on the ["Montgomery Story"] comic book itself. It was the first long-form history that was ever written about it. And it's how I found out Martin Luther King actually helped edit "Martin Luther King and the Montgomery Story."
Royce is the father of the thesis that German idealism is a story about the discovery and development of the Kantian transcendental ego - the "I" that accompanies all my representations - as an absolute cosmic supersubject who, god-like, creates the entire universe.
General scepticism is the live mental attitude of refusing to conclude. It is a permanent torpor of the will, renewing itself in detail towards each successive thesis that offers, and you can no more kill it off by logic than you can kill off obstinacy or practical joking.
It is generally my thesis then to insist on the importance of imagination in sex, to insist that the practice of sex, as performed among human beings, be accorded the same deliberate and playful application of fancy, imagination and intelligence as any other significant human activity.
Our thesis is that symbols and myths are an expression of man's unique self-consciousness, his capacity to transcend the immediate concrete situation and see his life in terms of 'the possible,' and that this capacity is one aspect of his experiencing himself as a being having a world.
Always remembering that we might be wrong, we must contemplate alternatives, concoct hedges, and search vigilantly for validation of our assessments. We always sell when a security's price begins to reflect full value, because we are never sure that our thesis will be precisely correct.
Our thesis is that the idea of a self-adjusting market implied a stark utopia. Such an institution could not exist for any length of time without annihilating the human and natural substance of society; it would have physically destroyed man and transformed his surroundings into a wilderness.
- Quotes On Thesis Completion
7 famous quotes and sayings about Thesis Completion you must read.
- Famous Quotes & Sayings
Thesis Completion Famous Quotes & Sayings
List of top 7 famous quotes and sayings about thesis completion to read and share with friends on your Facebook, Twitter, blogs.
Top 7 Quotes On Thesis Completion
#1. I think remixes give songs more life. - Author: Big Boi
#2. Every present occasion will catch the senses of the vain man; and with that bridle and saddle you may ride him. - Author: Philip Sidney
#3. I'm not a blood and guts person. I remember seeing 'House of Wax' as a teenager in 3D. This was years ago, the original 'House of Wax', and that was scary enough for me that I thought I'd never see another one. - Author: Lin Shaye
#4. Do not think that what is hard for you to master is humanly impossible; and if it is humanly possible, consider it to be within your reach. - Author: Marcus Aurelius
#5. My thesis is that all disciplines find their completion in Christ and cannot be properly understood apart from Christ. - Author: William A. Dembski
#6. Oh, that's the pot calling the kettle black. Amusement flowed through the connection as Seth said, Or it's the pot calling the pot a pot. - Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
#7. I have no doubt that the ideal is for public institutions to live, like nature, from day to day. The institution that fails to win public support has no right to exist as such. - Author: Mahatma Gandhi
- Adam Kinzinger Quotes (5)
- Addie Warren Quotes (1)
- Andy Bechtolsheim Quotes (3)
- Cheryl A. Bachelder Quotes (5)
- Dustin Pedroia Quotes (13)
- Emma Alisyn Quotes (1)
- Employee X Quotes (1)
- Frieda Hughes Quotes (1)
- Kenneth Franklin Quotes (3)
- N. R. Narayana Murthy Quotes (81)
- Quotes About Defending Your Child (18)
- Quotes About British Empire (100)
- Air Hostess Memorable Quotes (14)
- Believe In No One But Yourself Quotes (36)
- One Way Or The Other Quotes (100)
- Sam Interrupted Quotes (10)
- Snow Plow Man Quotes (7)
- Truck Driver Girlfriend Quotes (14)
- Cicely Saunders Quotes (15)
- Opioid Quotes (20)
Copyright © 2023 Famous Quotes & Sayings . All Rights Reserved.