Free Thesis Statement Generator - Create Your Thesis Online
1. State your topic*
Your topic is the main idea of your paper. It is usually a phrase or a few words that summarize the subject of your paper.
2. State the main idea about this topic*
Explicitly state what the main point of your thesis will be early in your paper.
3. Add evidence that supports your main idea*
What evidence could you use to drive home your thesis’ point? What facts or reasons support your argument?
4. Give another evidence that supports your main point
5. Include a counterargument if possible
Every topic has alternative schools of thought. Think of someone who would disagree with your arguments and/or evidence. What would they say? The more you understand the counterargument, the better you can defend your thesis and its arguments with evidence.
Read the options and choose the one you like:
How to use thesis generator by papersowl.
- Enter all the information we need in brief, do not use full sentences.
- Everything you need is to insert your text and its title into the box.
- Do not use capital letters, periods, or full stops in your answer.
- Hit the “Generate Thesis” button and get samples of your thesis statement.
- Choose the one that suits you from the five presented.
What should you have before using Thesis Generator?
- The topic of your paper. Get creative topic with our topic generator .
- Main conclusion. Use conclusion generator to compose a summary for any type of paper!
- Arguments for your conclusion
- Argument against
(Votes: 0 )
PapersOwl is a well-known provider of all types of academic papers.
- Research paper
and many more
- Stuck with a lot of homework assignments?
- Worried about making your work 100% plagiarism free?
- Looking for a writing help with affordable price?
Thesis Statement Generator Review
Other platforms charge for the use of their thesis statement generator that are not always reliable or unique; you get the opposite with Papersowl’s simplistic and reliable thesis statement generator.
How Does Thesis Statement Generator Work?
- The task is to formulate the key concept of your paper; in other words, this is your topic. A statement or a few phrases summarize your paper's main theme. Fill in the requested topic of your paper. First, you should enter all the relevant information. Use clear and concise phrases. You do not need to use complete sentences.
- Explain your major point regarding this subject by inserting the title and the text into the box. Write what you need to say or prove about your subject. When expressing your viewpoint, explain one main thought, define the subject, and declare something particular about it. Avoid using capital characters, periods, or full stops.
- Fields marked with an asterisk are mandatory. Once you have filled them in, hit the generate thesis button. You will see the results below in a separate window. Key phrases will be highlighted in different colors. You can rephrase the thesis or click the button to get a new one. In addition to generating a thesis, you can request the design of examples. Several possible theses will be displayed in the same window.
- The last step is optional. The program offers you sample essays. Click on the corresponding button to get acquainted with examples of related works. The search will return essays or excerpts as close as possible to your topic. You can read them for free or, if necessary, order the full version.
- Reliable Editors
- Any Field of Study
- Fair Prices
Free Thesis Statement Generator is rated 4.9 /5 based on 688 user reviews.
Want your voice to count in? Send us your review with all the details.
Our Thesis Experts Team
Completed orders: 519
Reconstruction After the Civil War
- Paper Type: Essay (Any Type)
- Subject: History
Completed orders: 545
Effort to Improve Handling and Training on Sexual Assault in Army
- Subject: Literature
Completed orders: 899
What is Human Trafficking?
- Subject: Sociology
Completed orders: 780
- Subject: Philosophy
Completed orders: 1027
Many Causes Of The Civil War
Completed orders: 527
Cyber Security Threats in Healthcare
- Subject: Technology
Completed orders: 687
The American imperialism
- Subject: Political Science
Completed orders: 1354
Childhood obesity parents are the blame
- Subject: Medicine and Health
Completed orders: 1239
Gender Identity & Sexual Orientation Essay
- Subject: Psychology
Completed orders: 608
- Subject: Nursing
Advantages Of Thesis Statement Generator By PapersOwl
A thesis statement may appear the most complicated task in the process of writing an academic assignment. We’ve covered you here by developing a game-changing tool. Generating perfect thesis statements, it fills the gaps for you and provides some other tasty benefits:
Our service formulates a powerful thesis statement that informs readers about the scope, objectives, and subject of the paper. The thesis statements derived from our tool are catchy, unique, and relevant, so you don't have to worry about their intelligibility.
We understand your pains arising in the process of creating an efficient research paper and we don't want to further increase them. That's why we made our tool free for you to use.
Students may spend hours trying to come up with a relevant thesis statement they can defend in the course of the research. We offer a simple and time-saving algorithm for a great outcome.
We developed our tool with experts so that you could receive the best service. The brand-new software analyzes your inputs and produces a 100% unique statement that guides the reader and backs up your research.
Thesis Statement Generator Online
The most difficult and main part of each writing work is to form a thesis statement. The assignments of different topics are not so easy to create it perfectly at the beginning of writing. But to solve this problem and to help people all around the world who have been puzzled for hours over this issue, an online thesis statement generator was developed and that’s why you can try now to make your ideal one with filling the gaps. Sounds too complicated?
Don’t be scared of wasting lots of time or payments because it will take you less than 2 minutes to get your wish from the free thesis generator. There is nothing sophisticated, just start your research by stating your topic and then write down the main idea of the text, your position. After that you have to fill in a few more gaps, press submit and Bob’s your uncle.
By the way, our website involved lots of professionals to create such a wise thesis maker. And you may not be informed that this service is mostly chargeable on different websites. But we offer you is entirely free of payment. And if you are interested in such an experiment for your writing skills you can try a thesis for a research paper .
If You Pay For Research Paper You Get Many Advantages
Main types of thesis statement.
There are some kinds of essay papers that have ideas and purposes. Therefore, it is logical that for each particular type of essay you should use your own corresponding thesis creator. Each of them has specific skills to find an appropriate one analyzing all information you brought in and producing a well-directed idea in accordance with the essay type. Also, each of them has its own system of calculation.
- Informative speech statement generator
The main idea is to form no argument or expressing but a general goal of your essay. Here it is very important since this expository thesis statement provides the reader with a clear and accessible view of your paper and keeps reading curious.
- Compare and contrast the thesis statement generator.
This calculator works with comparison two or more things depending on your writing task. Instead of wasting lots of time to find an appropriate one to contrast it is very wise to work out the best statement. And having already all the points to work with it would be much easier to finish your work.
- Argumentative thesis statement generator
The problem of this writing helper is to get your opinion and to find out perfect arguments towards it. This one is based on examining your counter position, suggesting different reasons for the subject. Also, get your short summarize on exploring the issue.
- Cause and effect thesis statement generator
Using this one you will get a variety of reasons that refer to the text main idea, which is always hard to produce much. Moreover, you will receive effects that are related to just-ready causes. After that, it is no problem to get over with the rest of the analytical writing information to have your essay one of the best.
- Expository thesis statement generator
Helping students with explaining the sense of an issue to the audience is how it works. What does it imply? Working out evidence evaluating and investigating the problem of the text you will get the very one you needed. The hardest difficulties of such kind of essay leave for its solving.
Choose the appropriate thesis statement maker to enjoy its results on research paper writing service.
The Structure Of Thesis Statement
Its structure is a strong argument you should prove through the whole text. To build it you need to a generalization in one or two sentences. It should include a comment on your position, central message, be something clear and useful for readers. Shape it to show the reader that all information and main you mean there is in your narrative work, nothing extra. Every sentence should be informative or has a reason to think about it.
Samples Of Thesis Statement Created By Our Users
People who visited our website tried to create their own samples and here is what they got:
- After graduating high school, students need a gap year because this leads to socialization and students become aware of what do they want from life.
Considering high schools and people it is a fact as that is the true and the second part of the sentence is a reason because that could be the answer to the previous part of the sentence.
Sample Of Thesis Statement On Gender Roles.
Using a thesis statement creator makes it possible to receive such a sentence:
- There are some expectations that we grow familiar as the times passes and they are regarded to be the gender roles. Basically, the gender role is what is convenient for a man or woman to do in society.
- You get it when explaining that, for example, what I believe on this matter is that it affects children and teenagers negatively because it puts pressure on them and creates a superiority relation between the genders in our society.
Sample Of Statement On Advertising
How to make one? To express your opinion even on advertising it is available with thesis statement generator free. Just look at the problem from different sides. Here we have:
- Advertising can be incredibly effective and powerful in promoting causes and beneficial products, while at the same time be negative for forcing ideas upon its audience. Advertising, despite its causes, is beneficial and necessary towards creating a stable and free-flowing society and economy.
Thus here we have a strong one and already positive and negative sides. They are significant in developing good text and picking up all the audience. By the way, if it is difficult to continue with the writing and thesis generator for the research paper didn’t give you a strong new one, because you can always choose buy a research paper at our website.
Sample Of Statement On Fake News
To form such kind of them also needs some efforts but if you are already little experience in this area it wouldn’t be quite difficult. Everything is about practice.
- We present new evidence on the role of false stories circulated on social media prior to the 2016 U.S. presidential election. Drawing on audience data, archives of fact-checking websites, and results from a new online survey, we find: social media was an important but not dominant source of news in the run-up to the election.
This is a phrase we should work with. Having studied that we can claim that:
Exploring many reliable sources it turned out that presidential elections weren’t clear and even social media were accused of it.
Now you are acquainted much closer with statement generators of different kinds. We believe your life will become easier with its help and good grades expect for you soon. Thus, don’t give up on your writing, use smart technologies and make progress. You can much more than you are expected to do.
Free Tools for Writing
Why wait place an order right now.
Just fill out the form, press the button, and have no worries!
- Skip to main content
- Skip to ChatBot Assistant
Empire state university thesis generator.
This resource is designed to help you begin drafting a thesis statement for your essay. A thesis statement is sometimes called a "claim statement" or "main idea" of an essay.
Click the NEXT button to learn more about different types of thesis statements and how to use the Thesis Generator.
What is a Thesis Statement?
- A specific claim or main idea that your essay argues, supports or explains
- Usually 1 to 2 sentences long
- Stated somewhere in your introduction
A strong thesis statement tells your audience 3 things:
- The main idea of your essay
- The specific reasons in support of this idea
- The order you'll be discussing these reasons
What Type of Thesis Statement Do You Need?
Click the title of the thesis statement type you need to create.
If you're not sure which type of thesis statement you need, or which type of essay you're writing, please see Types of Thesis Statements for more information. If you're still not sure, contact your instructor.
Related Resource: Key Terms in Academic Writing
Persuasive Thesis Statement Generator
What is the topic you want to write about? *
What is your main opinion on this topic? *
What is the strongest reason supporting your opinion? *
What is another strong reason supporting your opinion? *
What is one more strong reason supporting your opinion? *
What is the main argument against your opinion? *
What is a possible title for your persuasive essay? *
Possible Thesis Statements
DISCLAIMER: It is your responsibility to revise and refine the thesis statement(s) produced by the Thesis Generator to ensure that they address your assignment. Drafts should not simply be copied and pasted into documents. If you are unsure about the assignment requirements, or if you have any questions about if/how a thesis statement addresses your assignment contact your instructor.
The following are samples of potential thesis statement structures to consider for your paper.
Sample 1: Basic Thesis Statement
- Format: [Claim].
Sample 2: Thesis Statement with Reasons - This model states your claim and the reasons that support your claim (which you will discuss in your essay).
- Format: [Claim] because [reason], [reason] and [reason].
2. because , , and .
Sample 3: Thesis Statement with Cause and Effects - This model states the reasons causing the circumstances of your claim.
- Format: Since [reason], [reason] and [reason], [claim].
3. Since , , and , .
Sample 4: Thesis Statement with Concessions and Reasons - This model states a major opposing viewpoint, as well as your claim and reasons.
- Format: Although some might argue that [opposing claim], the reason [claim] is because [reason], [reason] , and [reason].
4. Although some might argue that , the reason is because , , and .
Please remember to review and refine your thesis statement to work for your paper. This tool is only meant to act as a guide and the above output is intended only to help you craft your own thesis statement.
Research Thesis Statement Generator
What topic are you writing about? *
What is your research question? ( Note: This is the question your essay will answer. ) *
What is your claim about this topic based on the research you've done? *
What is the strongest summary of research findings that supports your claim? *
What is another strong summary of research findings that supports your claim? *
What is the strongest summary of research findings against your claim? *
What is a possible title for your research paper? *
- Format: Although [Finding Against] , the majority of research suggests [Claim].
2. Although some studies have indicated that , the majority of research suggests .
- Format: [Claim] because [Finding in Support] and [Finding in Support].
3. because and .
- Format: While [Finding Against] , [Finding in Support] and [Finding in Support] indicating that [Claim].
4. While some studies have found that , and indicating that .
Compare and Contrast Thesis Statement Generator
What TWO things are you comparing? Be specific. First Item * Second Item *
(Compare) What is the strongest way they are similar ? Be specific. *
(Compare) What is the second strongest way they are similar ? Be specific. *
(Contrast) What is the strongest way they are different ? Be specific. *
(Contrast) What is the second strongest way they are different ? Be specific. *
What is a possible title for your essay? *
Potential Thesis Statement
The following is a sample of what your thesis statement might look like for this topic.
DISCLAIMER: It is your responsibility to revise and refine the thesis statement(s) produced by the Thesis Generator to ensure that they address your assignment. We strongly encourage that you not simply Copy & Paste the drafts created here. If you are unsure about the assignment requirements, or if you have any questions about if/how a thesis statement addresses your assignment contact your instructor.
Format: Although [Topic 1] and [Topic 2] are comparable in that [Similarity 1] and [Similarity 2] , they differ in that [Difference 1] , while [Difference 2].
Although and are comparable in that and , they differ in that , while .
They're not just in our classes – they help power our website. Cookies and similar tools allow us to better understand the experience of our visitors. By continuing to use this website, you consent to SUNY Empire State University's usage of cookies and similar technologies in accordance with the university's Privacy Notice and Cookies Policy .
AI Thesis Statement Generator
A better way to get ideas for your thesis statement, find inspiration in these thesis statement examples, frequently asked questions, what is a thesis statement, how long should a thesis statement be, how should i start a thesis statement, where does a thesis statement go, academic writing resources.
More AI Writing Assistance From Grammarly
Improve Your Writing With AI
Thesis Statement Generator: Free & Precise
Looking for a thesis statement generator? The free online tool we offer will make a thesis in no time! Our thesis sentence generator will suit argumentative, informative, and comparative essays. All you need to do is look at the examples and add the necessary information.
☑️ How to Use the Thesis Generator?
- 📝 Essay Thesis
- ✍️ Research Paper Thesis
- 📜 Dissertation Thesis
- 🙊 Thesis For a Speech
💡 Make a Thesis with Our Tips
🏆 10 best thesis generators, ⭐ thesis statement maker: the benefits, ❓ thesis generator faq, 🔗 references, 🔧 thesis generator: what is it.
Sometimes it can be challenging to come up with a topic, research question, or a thesis statement for your paper. An excellent solution is to use online topic makers, problem statement generators, and thesis topic generators, such as ours! Our free online generator will help you create the perfect thesis statement! Follow the steps below to get thesis statements relating to your topic:
- Introduce your topic. It can also be the title of your paper (e.g., the benefits of online education).
- State the main idea about this topic. It is the specific point of view that you will discuss in your paper (e.g., online learning is beneficial)
- Make an argument supporting your point of view. It must be a strong and valid argument. Don't claim something that you can't back with facts (e.g., online learning is flexible)
- Make another argument supporting your point of view (e.g., online learning is affordable).
- Make an argument against your point of view. Make sure you don't just dismiss it, but acknowledge its validity (e.g., online learning is not always taken seriously)
- Decide on the topic of your paper.
- Think about the main idea that you will express in your paper. It will also be the conclusion.
- Choose arguments that can support your point of view. Also, think of at least one counterargument. It will help you discuss your topic better.
- Enter this information into respective fields. Use short sentences. Do not use punctuation or capital letters.
- Click on the "Generate Thesis" button to get samples.
- Choose the sample you like best!
📍 Why Make a Thesis Statement?
You might have already heard about theses and thesis statements. Well, the main difference is: a thesis is the key point or argument of your assignment. And the thesis statement is this point expressed in one sentence.
Here’s one crucial thing you should always keep in mind when you write this sentence: it should meet the professor’s requirements.
There are two types of thesis statements:
- Direct. It states the exact reasons for your paper. For example, "I do not support vegan lifestyle because animals do not have feelings, this lifestyle is too expensive, and a vegan diet is not healthy." Such a thesis sentence would tell the reader what each body paragraph or section is going to be about.
- Indirect. Unlike the direct thesis statement, it does not state clear arguments. Here’s the sample: "I do not support vegan lifestyle for three reasons." The fact “I do not support vegan lifestyle” is the topic, and "three reasons" represent an indirect thesis statement. The assignment will contain these three reasons.
Most kinds of academic papers require a thesis statement, which can also be considered as your answer to the research question.
Now that you've learned the basics let's see what can help you to create an excellent thesis statement for anything: from history research to a critique paper!
📝 Essay Thesis Statement
You will probably write many essays as a high school or college student. Writing an essay is quite easy: it doesn't require any serious research on your part, and the resulting text is usually short. That's why you choose a narrow thesis statement that you can talk about in 4-5 paragraphs.
Your choice of a thesis statement depends on what type of essay you're writing. Here are some examples:
In an expository essay , you explain the topic logically, using your analytical skills. This type of essay relies only on facts, without any reference to the writer's personal opinion. The topic statement is the most critical part of an expository essay. It should be short and manageable so that you can describe it in just a few paragraphs. As you can see from the definition, it also should be based on facts and not on the writer's position. This category includes compare and contrast essays, definition essays , and others:
e.g., While online education is not always taken seriously, it is beneficial because of its flexibility and affordability.
On the contrary, argumentative essays are centered on the writer's personal opinion. This type of essay is also called persuasive because your aim is to persuade people that your idea is right. The thesis statement should reflect this:
e.g., Vegan lifestyle should not be promoted because it's expensive and not healthy.
Note: it's better not to use the word "I," because it may appear as too subjective. Remember: a strong thesis statement means an excellent essay!
✍️ Research Paper Thesis Statement
Unlike essays, research papers require more information, and they are lengthier than essays. That's why a research paper thesis statement should be slightly broader. This way, you make sure that you have a lot to discuss and can demonstrate your more profound knowledge on the topic.
Research paper thesis statements can be simple or more complex, depending on the purpose of your paper. Simple thesis statements can be formulated with the help of the outlines:
Something is true because of these reasons .
The US Constitution is not outdated because it's an integral part of the country's identity.
Despite these counterarguments , something is true.
e.g., Despite not being outdated, the US Constitution needs many amendments to keep up with the changing times.
You can make more complex thesis statements by combining several arguments:
e.g., The US Constitution is not outdated, because it's a part of the country's identity; still, some amendments need to be made.
Remember: it is essential to stay on topic! Avoid including unnecessary and random words into your statement. Our online thesis creator can help you in writing a statement directly connected with your theme.
Our thesis statement generator can help writing a thesis for your research. Create a short, catchy thesis statement, and you are one step closer to completing a perfect research paper!
📜 Dissertation Thesis Statement
Writing a master's thesis or a Ph.D. dissertation is not the same as writing a simple research paper. These types of academic papers are very lengthy. They require extensive analysis of information, as well as your ideas and original research.
Besides, you only have limited time for writing a dissertation, so you'll have to work on it systematically.
That's why it's better to come up with a thesis statement as early as possible . It will help you always stay on topic and not to waste your time on irrelevant information.
A dissertation can have an even broader thesis statement because of how lengthy your work should be. Make sure it's something you can study extensively and from different points of view:
e.g., The use of memory techniques at school can boost children's abilities and revolutionize modern teaching.
Don't forget to include a statement showing why your dissertation is interesting and relevant!
🙊 Thesis Statement For a Speech
Similarly, the thesis statement for a speech should be catchy and exciting . If you include it in the introduction, you will provide your audience with a sense of direction and make it easier to concentrate. The audience will know what to expect of your speech, and they will pay more attention.
Speech, unlike a research paper, includes only the most relevant information . If your speech is based on a paper, use your thesis statement to decide what to leave out. Remember that everything you say should be connected to your thesis statement! This way, you'll make your speech consistent, informative, and engaging.
Another useful tip is to rehearse your speech several times before deciding that it's finished. You may need to make some corrections or even rephrase the thesis statement. Take your time and make sure you do your best!
Now, we will concentrate on your thesis writing. We’ve prepared six tips that would help you to master your thesis statement regardless of the paper type you were assigned to:
- Formulate your topic. Here’s the secret: the good topic makes half of the success when you write a paper. It defines your research area, the degree of your involvement, and, accordingly, how good will the result be at the end. So what is the topic of an essay? Basically, it’s a phrase that defines the subject of your assignment. Don’t make it too broad or too specific.
- Determine the key idea. It will help you get an understanding of your essay subject. Think about things you are trying to state or prove. For example, you may write down one main idea; consider a specific point of view that you’re going to research; state some facts and reasons you will use in your assignment, or express your opinion about the issue.
- Choose the central argument to support your thesis. Make a list of arguments you would use in your essay. This simple task has at least two benefits. First, you will get a clear understanding on what you’re going to write. It will wipe out the writer’s block. Second, gathering arguments for the topic will help you create an outline for your assignment.
- Generate other arguments to support the thesis. Free thesis generators suggest you proceed with a few arguments that support your topic idea. Don’t forget to prepare some logical evidence!
- Come up with a counterargument to the main idea. You might find this exercise a bit hard, but still, if you're dreaming of writing an excellent paper, think of another side of the argument. To complete this task, you should conduct preliminary research to find another standpoint and evidence behind it.
- Provide your thesis statement as early as possible in your paper. If you're writing a short paper, put your thesis in the introductory paragraph. For more extended essays, it is acceptable to write it in the second paragraph. And avoid phrases like, "The point of my essay is…"
- Make your thesis statement specific. Remember to keep it short, clear, and specific. Check if there are two broad statements. If so, think about settling on one single idea and then proceed with further development. Avoid making it too broad. Your paper won’t be successful if you write three pages on things that do not disclose the topic and are too generic.
There are serious objections to abortions.
Because of the high risk of breast cancer or subsequent childbearing, there should be broadly implemented the informed consent practice that certifies that women are advised of such risks prior to having an abortion.
When writing your thesis, you use words that your audience will understand:
- Avoid technical language unless you’re writing a technical report.
- Forget about jargon.
- Avoid vague words: “exciting,” “interesting,” “usual,” “difficult,” etc.
- Avoid simply announcing the topic. Share your specific “angle” and show why your point on the issue matter.
- Do not make judgments that oversimplify complex topics.
- If you use judgment call in your thesis, don’t forget to specify and justify your reasoning.
- Don't just report facts. Instead, share your personal thoughts and ideas on the issue.
- Explain why your point matters. When you’re writing a thesis, imagine that your readers ask you a simple question: “So what?” Instead of writing something general, like "There are a lot of pros and cons of behaviorism", tell your readers why you think the behaviorism theory is better than cognitivist theory.
- Avoid quotes in your thesis statement. Instead of citing someone, use your own words in the thesis. It will help you to grab the reader's attention and gain credibility. And the last advice: change your thesis as you write the essay. Revise it as your paper develops to get the perfect statement. Now it's time to apply this knowledge and create your own thesis! We believe this advice and tools will be useful in your essay writing!
To ease your writing, we prepared an IvyPanda thesis statement generators. Check the list below:
1. Thesis Statement Generator
Thesis Statement Generator is a simple online tool which will guide you through the thesis statement creation. To get your thesis, you will have to provide the following information: the topic, your personal opinion, the qualification, and reason sentences. Then press the button “My Thesis” to see the final draft, edit it and print or save it on your computer.
Also, you can make an outline for your future paper within a couple of clicks. The tool works with any type of paper.
2. Ashford University Thesis Generator
The Ashford University Thesis Generator is quite similar to previous one. Each box contains a hint on how to fill it. The tool is ad-free and has no limits for your uploads.
Simple interface and a short guide will help you to easily fill required fields to get a thesis statement. The only drawback of the tool is that it works only for argumentative theses.
3. HeplfulPapers Thesis Statement Generator
HeplfulPapers Thesis Statement Generator is another free service that requires no registration and provides unlimited numbers for thesis creation. To create thesis statement, you should put a topic, your main conclusion about it, two arguments, counterargument, and click the button “Make a thesis statement.” You will get five thesis examples to choose from.
On the page, you will also find a comprehensive guide on thesis statement writing with good and bad samples. Unlike previous two tools, this website doesn’t allow its users to create an outline draft. However, HelpfulPapers blog contains lots of useful articles on writing.
4. Thesis Builder
Thesis Builder is a service by Tom March, which is available for students since 1995. This ad-free tool allows you to generate a persuasive thesis and create your essay outline. This web app is completely free, so fill in the boxes and write your assignment. You can print a result or send it as email.
5. Thesis Statement Creator
The next tool in our list is Thesis Statement Creator. The service is ad-free and offers unlimited attempts to generate thesis statement. It works with any type of paper and requires no registration. Users can find a short guide and thesis statement prompts. The app allows printing the result.
6. Simple Thesis Creator
Another free service for writing any type of papers. Simple Thesis Creator works great with any type of paper. To get your thesis, answer four simple questions and press the button “Create Your Thesis.”
Among the drawbacks of the service are moderate ads and absence of outline option.
7. Thesis Statement Maker
Thesis Statement Maker is similar to the previous tool. The page contains hints on thesis writing, four fields to fill and get a thesis, and works with any type of paper. As a bonus, you will find a list of thesis statements on various topics.
The key drawback is the same too: lots of ads and no paper outline option.
8. Thesis Generator | SUNY Empire State College
The truly academic tool in our list: SUNY Empire State College Thesis Generator. Students can find a lot of useful information on thesis writing. To generate summary, choose the type of paper you are going to write, fill the form and get your thesis. The website is ad-free and provides a short guide on most common types of thesis.
Among its drawbacks are only three supported types of thesis statements and no outline generation.
9. JG Thesis Generator
If you’re looking for a mobile app for your college or university writing, try JG Thesis Generator. The tool is available on the most popular platforms: App Store, Mac App Store, Android, Amazon Appstore, and Windows. Unlike other generators mentioned in this post, the app is paid. Moreover, you’ll be able to generate the essay outline using the app.
The app works only with persuasive and analytical thesis statements and cost $3.99 with no trial period. Also, there is no web version of it available.
10. Political Science Thesis Generator
And the last but not the least: thesis generator for papers in political science. If you like randomizers, try you should try this tool. Press the “New Title” button to get a sample thesis statement. There is no customization or outlining options, and generating a sample thesis, which would work for you, might take a few minutes or even longer.
- Decide on a topic.
- Develop the main idea of your paper.
- Formulate it as a question and try to answer it.
- Use the answer to form a thesis statement.
- To the point
The best way to build it is by answering the research question. You can also use outlines and online builders to make it better.
- The main idea of the text.
- Good arguments for and against it.
- Reasons why this thesis statement is important.
A good argumentative thesis statement should also include your personal opinion on the topic.
- Argumentative Essays: Purdue OWL
- Developing A Thesis: Harvard College Writing Center
- Thesis Statement: Indiana University East
- Identifying a Thesis: Shoreline Community College
- Expository Essays: Purdue OWL
- How to Write a Thesis Statement: Indiana University Bloomington
- Expository Essay (Speedy Study Guides): Google Books
- Mastering the Thesis Statement: Google Books
- Free Essays
- Writing Tools
- Lit. Guides
- Donate a Paper
- Referencing Guides
- Free Textbooks
- Tongue Twisters
- Job Openings
- Expert Application
- Video Contest
- Writing Scholarship
- Discount Codes
- IvyPanda Shop
- Terms and Conditions
- Cookies Policy
- Copyright Principles
- DMCA Request
- Service Notice
If you need help to write a thesis for your paper, this page will give you plenty of resources to do that. You’ll find out about the essentials of thesis statement. There are also tips on how to write the statement properly. But most importantly, this page contains reviews and links to online thesis generators.
Best online thesis statement creator for students
Generate your thesis statement in 3 easy steps with our thesis creator:
Provide the necessary information. Use phrases, not full sentences
Avoid capital letters periods and full stops
Press “Generate thesis”
Why choose thesis statement generator by Studyfy?
It’s free and requires no registration.
Many tools that pretend to be free ask for registration and payments when you try to use them. We are different. Our free thesis statement generator is indeed 100% free and requires no sign up.
Fast & easy to use
All you need to do to get your unique thesis statement is fill in a few gaps and press one button. You won’t waste a minute – our tool works at top speed!
We use high-end software in our thesis-generating tool, so you may be sure that it will always provide you with the most comprehensive and strong thesis statements.
We can make your essay flawless.
If you need proofreading service or help with editing your essay, Studyfy is your one-stop-shop! We offer a history essay help , and you can also hire an essay writer from us. Our dissertation writing service is top-notch, and we also offer paid to write essays services. Additionally, we provide college essay help to ensure that your academic papers are perfect. Choose from our vast pool of skilled editors and proofreaders, and rest assured that no error will escape their attention!
What is the ideal structure of a thesis statement?
A thesis statement is the main idea of your essay compressed into one or two sentences. An ideal thesis statement should be concise, direct, and relevant. To build it, start with a generalization and proceed with your stance or claim. Structure it in a way that will give your readers a clear idea of what you’re going to write about.
How does this thesis generator work?
Give us your topic.
Firstly, state your topic in general, then continue with the main idea of your essay, and your position regarding this topic.
Fill in all gaps
Fill in a few more gaps to provide information about your arguments and counterargument. Then, press the “Submit” button.
Get your thesis statement done
After the data is submitted, the tool’s algorithm analyzes it meticulously. Then, the system generates a thesis statement, extracting the main message from all the information you’ve provided.
What our customers say
Thousands of students have already used our free thesis statement generator to create immaculate thesis statements and save lots of time. Here’s what they say:
Thank you guys:) I save a lot of hours that I could spend on choosing an arguments for my essay, on writing a thesis statement using them, and then understanding that it is not inaf strong argumentation and doing it once more.
I always write essays by my own, as I really like to do it. But sometimes it happens that I need some inspiration or the hint on how to say something better. I use it for all my essays now, becose it useful to see in few steps how my thesis statement looks like with different argumentation!
I use it regularly for my essays, and this is free and really good! Thank you guys, I start writing more confidently and much more quicker since I started using Studyfy!
Finally, it is a good strong thesis statement generator for free without any weaknesses. You should leave a comment on your position, central message, and it generates clear and useful for readers thesis statement. I've been a Studyfy user for two months now and I'm very pleased with it!
It really understand the idea of thesis statement structure. The best thesis generator I’ve ever tried!
Frequently asked questions
Is this a genuinely free thesis creator, what should the best thesis statement generator be like, are there any limitations for using this tool, is there any possibility of my thesis being stolen, stay safe with studyfy thesis statement generator for essay.
- No information is recorded and stored when you use our thesis statement generator
- Your data will never be used by third parties
- If you decide to seek further help from our writing or editing services, we guarantee that your request stays confidential
- We only help you create thesis statements to improve your essay writing skills
- All information is thoroughly protected. Your positive experience with Studyfy is our top priority!
Essay Thesis Statement Generator
Ai-powered thesis statement creator.
- Academic essays: Create a compelling thesis statement for your research paper, term paper, or coursework.
- Argumentative essays: Develop a clear and concise thesis statement that presents your position on a controversial issue.
- Compare and contrast essays: Generate a thesis statement that highlights the key similarities and differences between your subjects.
- Expository essays: Craft a thesis statement that effectively introduces your essay's main idea and supporting points.
- Personal essays: Create a thesis statement that captures the essence of your personal narrative or reflection.
- Visit the tool's page .
- Enter your essay topic, position, and reasons to provide the AI with the necessary context.
- Click the 'Generate' button, and the AI will create a clear and concise thesis statement based on your input.
- Review the generated thesis statement, making any necessary edits or adjustments to ensure it aligns with your essay's main argument and requirements.
- Copy and paste the thesis statement into your essay, and build your argument around it.
Have a language expert improve your writing
Run a free plagiarism check in 10 minutes, generate accurate citations for free.
- Knowledge Base
- How to Write a Thesis Statement | 4 Steps & Examples
How to Write a Thesis Statement | 4 Steps & Examples
Published on January 11, 2019 by Shona McCombes . Revised on August 15, 2023 by Eoghan Ryan.
A thesis statement is a sentence that sums up the central point of your paper or essay . It usually comes near the end of your introduction .
Your thesis will look a bit different depending on the type of essay you’re writing. But the thesis statement should always clearly state the main idea you want to get across. Everything else in your essay should relate back to this idea.
You can write your thesis statement by following four simple steps:
- Start with a question
- Write your initial answer
- Develop your answer
- Refine your thesis statement
Table of contents
What is a thesis statement, placement of the thesis statement, step 1: start with a question, step 2: write your initial answer, step 3: develop your answer, step 4: refine your thesis statement, types of thesis statements, other interesting articles, frequently asked questions about thesis statements.
A thesis statement summarizes the central points of your essay. It is a signpost telling the reader what the essay will argue and why.
The best thesis statements are:
- Concise: A good thesis statement is short and sweet—don’t use more words than necessary. State your point clearly and directly in one or two sentences.
- Contentious: Your thesis shouldn’t be a simple statement of fact that everyone already knows. A good thesis statement is a claim that requires further evidence or analysis to back it up.
- Coherent: Everything mentioned in your thesis statement must be supported and explained in the rest of your paper.
Here's why students love Scribbr's proofreading services
Discover proofreading & editing
The thesis statement generally appears at the end of your essay introduction or research paper introduction .
The spread of the internet has had a world-changing effect, not least on the world of education. The use of the internet in academic contexts and among young people more generally is hotly debated. For many who did not grow up with this technology, its effects seem alarming and potentially harmful. This concern, while understandable, is misguided. The negatives of internet use are outweighed by its many benefits for education: the internet facilitates easier access to information, exposure to different perspectives, and a flexible learning environment for both students and teachers.
You should come up with an initial thesis, sometimes called a working thesis , early in the writing process . As soon as you’ve decided on your essay topic , you need to work out what you want to say about it—a clear thesis will give your essay direction and structure.
You might already have a question in your assignment, but if not, try to come up with your own. What would you like to find out or decide about your topic?
For example, you might ask:
After some initial research, you can formulate a tentative answer to this question. At this stage it can be simple, and it should guide the research process and writing process .
Prevent plagiarism. Run a free check.
Now you need to consider why this is your answer and how you will convince your reader to agree with you. As you read more about your topic and begin writing, your answer should get more detailed.
In your essay about the internet and education, the thesis states your position and sketches out the key arguments you’ll use to support it.
The negatives of internet use are outweighed by its many benefits for education because it facilitates easier access to information.
In your essay about braille, the thesis statement summarizes the key historical development that you’ll explain.
The invention of braille in the 19th century transformed the lives of blind people, allowing them to participate more actively in public life.
A strong thesis statement should tell the reader:
- Why you hold this position
- What they’ll learn from your essay
- The key points of your argument or narrative
The final thesis statement doesn’t just state your position, but summarizes your overall argument or the entire topic you’re going to explain. To strengthen a weak thesis statement, it can help to consider the broader context of your topic.
These examples are more specific and show that you’ll explore your topic in depth.
Your thesis statement should match the goals of your essay, which vary depending on the type of essay you’re writing:
- In an argumentative essay , your thesis statement should take a strong position. Your aim in the essay is to convince your reader of this thesis based on evidence and logical reasoning.
- In an expository essay , you’ll aim to explain the facts of a topic or process. Your thesis statement doesn’t have to include a strong opinion in this case, but it should clearly state the central point you want to make, and mention the key elements you’ll explain.
If you want to know more about AI tools , college essays , or fallacies make sure to check out some of our other articles with explanations and examples or go directly to our tools!
- Ad hominem fallacy
- Post hoc fallacy
- Appeal to authority fallacy
- False cause fallacy
- Sunk cost fallacy
- Choosing Essay Topic
- Write a College Essay
- Write a Diversity Essay
- College Essay Format & Structure
- Comparing and Contrasting in an Essay
- Grammar Checker
- Paraphrasing Tool
- Text Summarizer
- AI Detector
- Plagiarism Checker
- Citation Generator
A thesis statement is a sentence that sums up the central point of your paper or essay . Everything else you write should relate to this key idea.
The thesis statement is essential in any academic essay or research paper for two main reasons:
- It gives your writing direction and focus.
- It gives the reader a concise summary of your main point.
Without a clear thesis statement, an essay can end up rambling and unfocused, leaving your reader unsure of exactly what you want to say.
Follow these four steps to come up with a thesis statement :
- Ask a question about your topic .
- Write your initial answer.
- Develop your answer by including reasons.
- Refine your answer, adding more detail and nuance.
The thesis statement should be placed at the end of your essay introduction .
Cite this Scribbr article
If you want to cite this source, you can copy and paste the citation or click the “Cite this Scribbr article” button to automatically add the citation to our free Citation Generator.
McCombes, S. (2023, August 15). How to Write a Thesis Statement | 4 Steps & Examples. Scribbr. Retrieved November 8, 2023, from https://www.scribbr.com/academic-essay/thesis-statement/
Is this article helpful?
Other students also liked, how to write an essay introduction | 4 steps & examples, how to write topic sentences | 4 steps, examples & purpose, academic paragraph structure | step-by-step guide & examples, what is your plagiarism score.
Purdue Online Writing Lab Purdue OWL® College of Liberal Arts
Tips and Examples for Writing Thesis Statements
Welcome to the Purdue OWL
This page is brought to you by the OWL at Purdue University. When printing this page, you must include the entire legal notice.
Copyright ©1995-2018 by The Writing Lab & The OWL at Purdue and Purdue University. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed without permission. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our terms and conditions of fair use.
This resource provides tips for creating a thesis statement and examples of different types of thesis statements.
Tips for Writing Your Thesis Statement
1. Determine what kind of paper you are writing:
- An analytical paper breaks down an issue or an idea into its component parts, evaluates the issue or idea, and presents this breakdown and evaluation to the audience.
- An expository (explanatory) paper explains something to the audience.
- An argumentative paper makes a claim about a topic and justifies this claim with specific evidence. The claim could be an opinion, a policy proposal, an evaluation, a cause-and-effect statement, or an interpretation. The goal of the argumentative paper is to convince the audience that the claim is true based on the evidence provided.
If you are writing a text that does not fall under these three categories (e.g., a narrative), a thesis statement somewhere in the first paragraph could still be helpful to your reader.
2. Your thesis statement should be specific—it should cover only what you will discuss in your paper and should be supported with specific evidence.
3. The thesis statement usually appears at the end of the first paragraph of a paper.
4. Your topic may change as you write, so you may need to revise your thesis statement to reflect exactly what you have discussed in the paper.
Thesis Statement Examples
Example of an analytical thesis statement:
The paper that follows should:
- Explain the analysis of the college admission process
- Explain the challenge facing admissions counselors
Example of an expository (explanatory) thesis statement:
- Explain how students spend their time studying, attending class, and socializing with peers
Example of an argumentative thesis statement:
- Present an argument and give evidence to support the claim that students should pursue community projects before entering college
Thesis Statement Generator: Free & Fast Tool
- Even though the passage of the Affordable Care Act led to significant improvements in the situation, there are still issues, that negatively affect the quality of medical care in the United States, leading to inequality because medical insurance is too expensive for low-income families or unemployed individuals, cost of medical care in the US is also too high making it almost impossible to get the treatment without insurance, and moreover, people living in rural areas do not have an opportunity to receive the same level of medical care as those living in urban areas.
- Whereas the passage of the Affordable Care Act led to significant improvements in the situation, there are still issues, that negatively affect the quality of medical care in the United States, leading to inequality given that medical insurance is too expensive for low-income families or unemployed individuals, cost of medical care in the US is also too high making it almost impossible to get the treatment without insurance, and moreover, people living in rural areas do not have an opportunity to receive the same level of medical care as those living in urban areas.
- There are still issues, that negatively affect the quality of medical care in the United States, leading to inequality because medical insurance is too expensive for low-income families or unemployed individuals, cost of medical care in the US is also too high making it almost impossible to get the treatment without insurance, and moreover, people living in rural areas do not have an opportunity to receive the same level of medical care as those living in urban areas.
- Since medical insurance is too expensive for low-income families or unemployed individuals, cost of medical care in the US is also too high making it almost impossible to get the treatment without insurance, and moreover, people living in rural areas do not have an opportunity to receive the same level of medical care as those living in urban areas, there are still issues, that negatively affect the quality of medical care in the United States, leading to inequality.
You've found an excellent topic for your essay but are unsure about the thesis? We've got you covered! Our free thesis generator is here to kickstart your ideas. You can use it for any type of academic writing: research papers, essays, and even dissertations.
In this article you will find:
- a free thesis statement generator;
- everything about thesis statements;
- plus bonus examples!
👍 Thesis Generator Benefits
✅ how to use the thesis statement generator, 🖊️ what is a thesis in writing, 💪 how to make a thesis statement strong, 💡 thesis statement examples, 🔀 5 tips to restate your thesis statement, 🔗 references.
The most essential benefits of this thesis statement generator are listed below.
Our tool uses the information you enter and creates a unique thesis. What’s even better, you can use it as a research question generator. Just follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Type in your main idea . This is the center of your thesis. Use general information without punctuation marks.
- Now, you provide the main arguments that support your claim. You can add up to three arguments.
- In the last step, the thesis builder requests an argument that backs up the opposing position. It would help make your essay more credible.
- Choose the thesis you like best.
That's it! You've crafted a sophisticated thesis with our thesis statement maker.
Want another thesis? Feel free to use our generator as many times as you wish!
The thesis is the core claim of your paper. Its key function is to give the reader and the writer a sense of direction. A strong thesis statement consists of three parts:
Briefly say what your essay will be about.
State your position in a precise and on-point manner. Strong verbs and adverbs are a good way to bring your opinion across.
This part introduces your evidence. For a typical five-paragraph APA style essay, you need three supporting arguments.
On top of that, your thesis can be either direct or indirect.
- A direct thesis presents your arguments clearly.
- An indirect thesis grabs your reader’s attention by merely hinting at what you will discuss in your paper.
Keep reading if you want to know how to write a brilliant thesis statement.
We’ve talked about the basic structure you can use to formulate your thesis statements. But how do you make them truly great? The best thesis statements are compelling, concise, and supported by evidence.
If you already have a general outline for your essay, save yourself some time, and use our free statement builder!
🖊️ Essay Thesis Statement
With these step-by-step guidelines, you can practice formulating a brilliant thesis statement for all types of essays:
- Check your sources and gather plenty of information.
- Write a tentative thesis . It is a first draft that helps you organize your thoughts in a logical pattern. You use it as a base for your final statement.
- Locate the thesis towards the end of your introduction paragraph.
- Including counterclaims adds credibility to your statement.
Now let’s have a look at the types of essay thesis statements:
- Evaluative theses are used in compare and contrast essays. They define one thing as better/worse than another thing.
- A synthesis statement presents a new idea that stems from the summary of two or more sources.
- A thesis for a literary analysis breaks down a piece of dramatic, prosaic, or poetic literature. You can focus on elements such as plot, characters, or tone.
- Rhetorical analysis and its statement should concentrate on how words are used to persuade the audience.
Choose the type of thesis that corresponds to your assignment!
🔬 Research Paper Thesis Statement
Research papers dig deeper than essays. Therefore, the thesis has to reflect this quality. Here is how it’s done:
- An analytical thesis statement highlights your topic’s individual components.
- In an argumentative thesis , you state a claim and support it with evidence. It can contain your position or a suggestion.
- An informative thesis sums up your topic in one concise definition.
- Collect all the necessary information before you start working on your thesis.
- Remember to keep your thesis precise.
- Just like with essays, your statement belongs at the end of the introduction.
- It’s normal to shift your perspective while writing. Be sure to rephrase your thesis accordingly.
🔊 Speech Thesis Statement
Speeches, too, need thesis statements. The crafting process differs from that of research papers and essays.
- Decide whether your speech will persuade or inform the audience. Thus, you choose either a persuasive or an informative speech thesis statement.
- The general purpose statement identifies your goal. Speeches can convince, inform, or entertain.
- The specific purpose statement connects your topic with your objectives.
- Due to the apparent health and environmental benefits and reduced production costs, the school should adopt an all-vegetarian lunch policy.
Now, let’s take a look at some samples. Here’s a thesis for a persuasive essay on racism and psychology:
Through its storytelling, music, and outstanding acting, Tony Kaye’s film American History X illustrates what draws young adults towards white supremacism. It can, therefore, be used to educate students on the subject.
This statement presents its arguments: storytelling, music, and performance. It also displays the author’s position and goal.
The next example is a thesis for a reflective essay for APUSH.
Thanks to the Civil Rights Movement, I can now attend university.
Since you’re talking about yourself, there are no wrong conclusions. Still, this is not a very good thesis example. It doesn’t establish a general direction and doesn’t provide enough information. Let’s try rephrasing it:
The success of the Civil Rights Movement has directly influenced my opportunities to receive a quality education as a black student in the US.
Much better! This thesis introduces the struggle for equality as a topic. Besides, it links personal benefits to historical events.
Finally, compare these two statements for a narrative essay on marriage:
- Getting married was better than I expected.
- I always thought marriage was an outdated institution, but I learned some valuable life lessons about responsibility once I got engaged.
For all its shortness, the first statement wouldn’t even make an exciting title. The second one indicates an exciting change and invites the reader to continue.
We hope this article was useful to you. And don’t forget: you can always use our thesis maker to give your creativity a boost.
The thesis is necessary for your paper's introduction and conclusion. Aim to preserve the meaning while changing the wording.
Below you'll find 5 helpful tips to restate your thesis statement.
- Paraphrase the main idea . What is the key concept in your thesis? Start by rephrasing it.
- Make it short . Avoid adding brand-new information or expanding the argument.
- Don't lose the original meaning . Make sure to keep the clarity and focus of the original thesis.
- Use transitional words . Adding some new transitions to make the thesis look different is a good idea.
- Try the tool on this page . Use this thesis statement generator to restate your thesis.
📌 How Do You Find an Article’s Thesis?
📌 what is an open thesis, 📌 how do you restate a thesis, 📌 what is a claim in an essay.
- How to Write a Thesis Statement: Indiana University Bloomington
- Developing a Thesis: Harvard College Writing Center
- How to Write a Literary Analysis Essay: Bucks Community College
- Informative Speeches: University of Minnesota Twin Cities
- Tips and Examples for Writing Thesis Statements: Purdue University
Free Thesis Statement Generator
Tired of formulating the main idea for your essay or research? Looking for a claim writer generator that can help create a thesis statement? StudyCrumb has the best solution for students and academics!
How Our Thesis Generator Works?
Our free thesis generator tool is easy to use. It can provide the best results in a few seconds. There are only a few steps to get a thesis generator for essay! Check how it works!
You need to be clear with the topic, angle of view, and evidence for your future papers' statements.
Our best thesis statement generator requires additional information and counterarguments for better text.
Click the button and generate a thesis statement that will work perfectly for your paper or research.
Thesis Maker Filled With Benefits
Our thesis maker online tool creates a two-clause sentence that simultaneously announces and sums up your paper's main idea. It is often an affirmative sentence with a strong message written securely. Here is why you need to consider using our service.
Our thesis statement maker free tool can be used by anyone from any location. No payments or registration for assistance.
We guarantee that you won't wait for days to get your results using our thesis statement tool. It will be ready in a moment.
Our thesis typer ensures that your text will be unique. Be confined in using this paragraph for your paper or research.
We do not share personal data. No one will find that you used our thesis statement builder for your research.
Hire a Personal Claim Writer for Expert Thesis Statement Help!
Sometimes a thesis statement creator is not enough to compose an astounding essay. We gathered the best specialists who can create a top-notch paper based on your needs. Just choose the service you need, and a thesis statement writer will handle the rest.
Backed by qualified writers, we provide unique academic papers tailored to clients specific needs. Have an expert help with thesis statement and compose a customized paper from the ground up.
Take your writing to a whole new level with our editing and proofreading services. Our academic proofreaders will polish your writing according to all collegiate standards and make it impeccable.
Why Choose StudyCrumb
Who Can Use a Thesis Statement Maker?
Use a thesis maker for essay, research, analytics, or academic articles. It is the best tool for customizing your thoughts and ideas. Let's define who can find it helpful?
Our essay thesis statement generator can be helpful for any type of writing assignment. It is free for everyone! Use thesis statement maker for essays or final papers to get better grades. It will help you become a successful graduate.
You work hard with research but can not decide what idea is the best? Try our free tool for inspiration or use created paragraphs in your research. Our tool can also help with writing a thesis statement for a research paper.
Working with independent research and need support with your article? Try a thesis generator for research paper and choose the appropriate version for your text. It works for various topics or academic styles.
Thesis maker free tools are helpful for writers struggling with the main idea of their essays. Save your time and trust this complicated work for the software solution we provide. You will get your paragraph in a few seconds.
Working with an investigation or report? Use our tool as a thesis question generator to structure your article and define the most critical points you need to describe in the text. It is helpful for everyone who works with readers.
Online Thesis Statement Generator Free
Creating the paper's main statement can be a very challenging task. Our claim generator for essay is an excellent choice for those who want to save time by making this critical part of almost every academic paper. It's straightforward in use. Type in your topic and give the most essential information regarding this topic. The process will take several minutes but you will definitely enjoy an astounding result. And that's precisely what you need. Searching who can write me a thesis statement? Consider AI-designed tools first. They are easy to use, affordable for anyone, and can provide outstanding results. Use our strong thesis statement generator to improve your research and writing samples! Became a better student in a few steps.
Why Use a Thesis Builder Tool?
Our research paper thesis builder free tool is essential for improving any type of writing. This thesis tool is created by the best academic writers alongside our development team. The claim statement generator will give you the desired solution to a not-so-easy-to-do assignment. Why is it essential to have factual statements for advanced papers? After introducing the topic, you must focus on the idea you will defend or argue in the text. You will build all the argumentation around it. Try to make it simple but specific. With our help make a thesis statement clear, valuable, and beneficial. Still, looking, who will write a thesis statement for me? Start with our tech tool. You will see how helpful it can be for any type of academic assignment. If you need more enhanced assistance, just leave a " write an essay for me " request to StudyCrumb and our experts will deliver a top-notch paper.
Universal Thesis Statement Generator for All Types of Essays
Our thesis statement generator for essay will help you craft striking arguments according to all recommendations of professional essay and other academic papers writers. You can use an argumentative thesis generator or expository thesis statement generator to create your paper on any topic. It is also helpful for narrative, analytical or critical essays. Try our tool when you need to analyze the data. Define the main idea to focus on during your writing. You need to determine the concept that will be the perspective for any type of academic paper.
- Argumentative essay thesis statement generator The thesis statement generator for argumentative essay can simplify student's life by writing myriads of argumentative essays. It can be tricky when it comes to creating points for an argumentative essay, as you need to stress only the main statement when there is much more to say. Our argumentative thesis statement generator works with any topic. Alternatively, you can hire an argumentative essay writer who will justify every point.
- Persuasive thesis statement generator Thesis generator for persuasive essay will help to define the argument that will be useful to make someone stand on your side. You need to be not only argumentative but also emotional. You should not discuss all facts but only something that can make others support your idea. It should be a difficult task for anyone. So, try our tool or outsource a paper from a proficient persuasive essay writer to get the best results.
- Informative thesis statement generator Thesis generator for informative essay and speech provides great support when you face such type of writing. Informative speech requires not only well-written text but also solid rhetorical skills. And that's when our informative speech thesis statement generator tool may come in handy. If you feel relatively weak at the latter, you at least need a stunning statement or give our speech writing service a shot.
- Compare and contrast thesis statement generator Sometimes, you may not know how to build an argument. Compare and contrast thesis generator can be of great help when you face such essay types. The only thing you need to do is to choose a topic and two subjects to compare and contrast.
- Cause and effect thesis statement generator Thesis statements generator for compare and contrast essay works effectively for idea crystallizing. If you are clear with argumentation, you will get an excellent text in a few seconds. Our tech tool will help even with such complicated tasks. The great text illustrates your ability of logical thinking.
- Analytical thesis statement generator Rhetorical analysis thesis generator will help you craft a decent piece. Since you are in a rhetorical analysis paradigm, you need to write more analytical than descriptive. Specify how you will analyze the rhetorical part of your text in a statement. Also, you should try to be as objective as you can. If you face any difficulties with it, don't hesitate to use our literary analysis thesis statement generator or directly order essay at StudyCrumb.
Thesis Statement Generator for Research Paper & Studies
Why do you need to consider a research paper thesis generator to create valuable content? Any research has a few important parts, including an intro, a literature review, research questions, and methodology. But all those sections depend on the idea you will research from new angels. This is where you need to use a thesis statement maker for a research paper. It helps to define the best idea you will work with. The great thing about our tool is that it can be used for any type of academic work, be it an essay, research paper, coursework, etc. If you are here, then you should probably know how important a thesis statement is. This very sentence can help you score high. You can even fail if your entire text is professionally written. To reduce any risk of getting low grades and impress your teacher with a real masterpiece, we suggest you buy research paper online . Our thesis statement creator for research paper uses your argumentation, additional information, and counterarguments to build the best content. Why does it require so much information? We want to create the most fitted paragraph for your text. All argumentation, research angle, and evidence for your paper will help this research thesis statement generator build a great piece of text! Once you submit the data, our system analyzes a paper topic and the key arguments you are going to cover in a piece. It generates a statement highlighting the main message from the bundle of information. Thus, absolute research paper consistency is achieved. Working with a research paper can take a long time. Some create an excellent valuable article in two-three months. For others, it takes years. That is why it is essential to be confident in your research approach. Our research paper thesis statement maker works with all possible topics and subjects. It ensures a high quality of the text, fresh ideas for your research, and a unique approach to paper creation.
Why Choose Our Online Thesis Creator?
You may think that finding any free thesis statement creator online is not a big deal. But it can be your mistake. You need to use the software you can trust. To find "who can make me a thesis statement," you need to be critical of all tools in the market. Why we encourage you to use our service:
- Provides excellent and unique text Our thesis paragraph generator will create a plagiarism-free text you can use in your article or paper.
- Easy to use There is no need to install specific software or go through complicated registration. Just fill in all the fields and get results.
- Fast results Fill out the form and let our system analyze the information and generate results for you. It takes no more than 5 minutes.
- Free and accessible from any device Get help creating a thesis statement without any payments or subscriptions. It is free of charge for using.
- Accurate with a text Our tool works accurately with analysis. You need to be sure that your statements are clear and illustrate your research or article.
Being developed with the only mission — to make students’ life easier, our tool has a comprehensive vocabulary integrated into it with the implemented high-end logic. Therefore, you can count on quality statements generated using our tool or thesis writing service .
Thesis Sentence Generator Helping With School and College Assignments
High-school and college students work with many written assignments that may require one sentence thesis statement generator. And we are sure that StudyCrumb provides the best tool for these study tasks. “Help me write a thesis statement!” You probably see such requests often. It can be complicated for first-year students to be clear with academic writing. They need to build their essays around one central idea and collect arguments to support or criticize it. But how to be sure that this idea is written well and can be used for your paper? Try a random thesis generator and get the best results for your report! You are looking for someone who can help writing a thesis statement for a research paper. Start with AI tools first. These algorithms of our software will focus on the most valuable arguments for your ideas. Our thesis sentence maker is a guarantee of improving your writing samples in a few easy steps. Not sure about your paper? Too stressed about all assignments you have for school. We can help writing a thesis statement and make your students' lives a little easier. Our students who already use this tool are delighted with their results! Better grades, more free time, and saving money.
Write My Thesis Statement for Me Now!
Help me write my thesis statement! Quite a common request we get from students, researchers, and writers. And it's understandable. This is one of the most critical parts of any writing. But before searching for paid help, try innovative technology — an essay claim generator from StudyCrumb. Why we are sure that you will like our thesis statement typer. It is simple to use and does not require any specific data. You need to provide an argument, research angle, references to support your opinions, and counterarguments. Everything that will fully describe your forthcoming paper. This is the foundation to help “make my thesis statement”. You also might be interested in conclusion generator which will help you create a thought-provoking conluding paragraph based on your thesis. Our instruments are used by researchers in various disciplines. Millions of people find them helpful in creating advanced papers. Try our thesis statement maker for essays today. Ensure how simple it is and what valuable text it can provide you.
Need a Thesis Statement Writer?
We are pretty sure that we have built the best working thesis generator. But sometimes, the thesis creator free tool is not enough for specific assignments. At the same time, there can be some cases that require help from professional writers. StudyCrumb cooperates with more than 500 writers with MA and PhD degrees. Generate a catchy topic using our title generator for essay and choose a claim writer based on rate and other students' testimonials. Work with your paper or order a pro statement for your research. We have a team you can trust! If you have no time to create your paper — contact our writers. They are ready to help you with your writing assignment at any time.
Order your perfect paper right now!
Let professional writers deal with your paper quickly and efficiently.
FAQ About Claim Generator
If you have any additional questions about the random claim generator, check this section. In that case, we get answers for the most commonly asked ones.
1. Is your thesis generator free?
We build one of the best free thesis statement generator. You don't need to purchase access or pay for a subscription. Open the website, put all the required information about your paper and get your results in a moment. Our goal is to make this tool accessible for students and researchers worldwide.
2. Do I need to register to get free help with thesis statement?
We have good news! To get help with a thesis statement, you don't need to register or share any other personal data. We know how annoying all the registrations on websites can be. No need to register to use our tool. It is free to use from any location 24/7.
3. Can I use thesis maker an unlimited number of times?
Yes, you can run the thesis statement maker as many times as needed. There are no limits or special conditions for using the website. It is always free and accessible for everyone. Usually, students work with a few papers in a week and need to have access to our tool all the time.
4. Can I utilize this thesis generator for research paper?
Our research paper thesis generator can be easily used for such papers. We know how important this part of the research is. That is why our tool is created by academics based on all requirements for effective writing. It will provide accurate, precise, and unique text in a few seconds. You can use it as a part of your research.
Other Tools You May Like
StudyCrumb offers you more than just a thesis statement generator. We’ve designed a whole bundle of free writing tools that can improve your academic experience. Check them out below!
Free Thesis statement generator
Create a strong thesis statement with our online tool and clearly express ideas in your paper.
Need to write a thesis statement, but don’t know how to do it the right way? A free thesis statement generator will help you easily cope with it.
How to generate a thesis statement the right way
Want to write the best thesis statement? Our free thesis statement generator can be a perfect solution for you. The greatest thing about this service is that you get original writing on request. Moreover, it has other advantages as well: you get results immediately and the service is free.
How do you use a thesis statement generator? You just have to complete a few steps before you get a thesis statement example:
- Formulate the key idea of your statement
- Give 1-3 reasons to support your idea
- Mention the objections you have to the chosen topic, and also the limitations this subject has
- Add statistics or well-known facts
Just press “Generate Thesis Statement” in our free thesis statement generator to create an original and well-built thesis statement. This way, the readers will easily get the essence of your writing piece.
What is a thesis statement?
To begin with, let’s find out what it is. So, a thesis statement reflects the main idea of your paper and expresses your personal attitude toward, or your conception of, the subject of your writing. It tells the reader what your academic essay, report, speech, or research paper is about and helps to keep arguments organized. Therefore, it’s important to make it short and accurate.
Free Thesis Statement Generator
Free Thesis statement generator: it is an essay writing tool that can help you create a thesis statement for your paper. A thesis statement is the first or last sentence in your first paragraph of the essay that states what you are going to talk about in your paper. It’s important to have a strong thesis statement to guide you through your writing. However, sometimes you may not be able to find a good thesis statement. If you are stuck, then our free thesis statement generator can help you.
Tips for making a good thesis statement
Want to write a good thesis statement? How to make it strong and precise? There are common mistakes students often commit while completing it. So, if you want to write a thesis statement properly, ensure to follow these pieces of advice:
- State the main point of your paper
- Choose clear and concise language instead of abstract, vague, and technical words
- Avoid using long introductions (e.g. The key idea of my research is…)
- Use one sentence, or unite two sentences by the means of conjunctions (although, despite, since, etc.)
These simple pieces of advice can help you build a solid thesis statement for your research.
How to write a thesis statement
Writing an effective thesis statement isn’t the most straightforward task in the world, but it’s definitely not impossible, either. The key is to start by choosing a topic you’re interested in or passionate about. Once you’ve picked a topic, ask yourself the following questions:
- Is the thesis statement debatable? This should evoke differing opinions from the readers. For example; At least 25 per cent of the federal budget should be spent on limiting pollution.
- Is the thesis statement narrow? A narrow thesis statement translates to a more effective argument. For example; America’s anti-pollution efforts should focus on privately owned cars because it would allow most citizens to contribute to national efforts and care about the outcome.
- What kind of claim does your thesis statement contain? There are four different types of claims, and these are; claims of fact or definition, claims of cause and effect, claims about value and claims about solutions or policies. For example; Rather than encouraging all students to attend four-year colleges, we should instead emphasize the validity of two-year colleges, technical schools, and trade schools as well.
Use our free thesis statement generator to nail this four points
Main Types Of Thesis Statement
There are some kinds of essay paper that have its ideas and purposes. Therefore, it is logical that for each particular type of essay you should use your own corresponding thesis creator. Each of them has specific skills to find an appropriate one analyzing all information you brought in and producing a well-directed idea in accordance to the essay type. Also, each of them has its own system of calculation.
- Informative speech statement generator
The main its idea is to form no an argument or expressing but a general goal of your essay. Here it is very important since this expository thesis statement provide the reader with a clear and accessible view of your paper and keeps reading curious.
- Compare and contrast thesis statement generator.
This calculator works with comparison two or more things depending on your writing task. Instead of wasting lots of time to find an appropriate one to contrast it is very wise to work out the best statement. And having already all points to work with it would be much easier to finish your work.
- Argumentative thesis statement generator
The problem of this writing helper is to get your opinion and to find out perfect arguments towards it. This one is based on examining your counter position, suggesting different reasons to the subject. Also get your short summarize on exploring issue.
- Cause and effect thesis statement generator
Using this one you will get a variety of reasons that refer to the text main idea, which is always hard to produce much. Moreover, you will receive effects that are related to the just-ready causes. After that, it is no problem to get over with the rest of analytical writing information to have your essay one of the best.
- Expository thesis statement generator
Helping students with explaining the sense of an issue to the audience is how it works. What does it imply? Working out evidence evaluating and investigating the problem of the text you will get the very one you needed. The hardest difficulties of such kind of essay leave for its solving.
Thesis statement vs topic sentence
A thesis statement (sometimes called a topic sentence) is the sentence that’s the jumping-off point for your essay. It’s your topic—the subject you’re going to write about. The first step to writing a great essay is to choose a great topic. Then, once you’ve chosen your topic, you have to express that topic in a thesis statement. The thesis statement is the sentence that is the foundation for your essay. It provides the basis for the rest of the essay. It is the topic of the essay, and the essay is a discussion of that topic. In a more formal essay, the thesis statement is usually found near the end of the introductory paragraph.
A topic sentence is a sentence in a paragraph of an essay that states the essay’s main idea. You may already know that your essay needs to have a topic sentence, but do you know how to write one? A topic sentence or thesis statement must be clear and specific. It must also be debatable. This means that there must be more than one person who could possibly argue against the topic sentence.
The structure of the thesis statement
A thesis statement is a one-sentence that gives the reader an idea of what the author’s article is about. It gives the reader a general idea about what the entire article will be about. A thesis statement is the main point of an essay or article. It is what the author wants to discuss in the article. Thesis statements are extremely important for the organization of your essay or article. It is one of the most important elements in your paper. The main structure of a thesis statement is that first sentence in your essay that connects your paper to a larger issue. This sentence must be clear, specific, and interesting so it catches and holds the reader’s attention. Thesis Statements are intended to capture the attention of readers and to provide a sense of direction for the essay. Thesis statements have both an expository and narrative function. When thinking about the thesis statement, consider: What is the big issue I want to explore in my paper?
Sample thesis statements
- At least 25 percent of the federal budget should be spent on limiting pollution.
- America’s anti-pollution efforts should focus on privately owned cars.
- Illegal drug use is detrimental because it encourages gang violence.
- At least 25 percent of the federal budget should be spent on helping upgrade business to clean technologies, researching renewable energy sources, and planting more trees in order to control or eliminate pollution.
- America’s anti-pollution efforts should focus on privately owned cars because it would allow most citizens to contribute to national efforts and care about the outcome.
Developing a Thesis Statement
A thesis is a short statement that suggests an argument or your perspective on your topic and/or focus. A thesis should be significant, interesting , and be manageable for the assignment or the paper you are writing. Your thesis should also reflect your specific contribution to the understanding of the subject. Finally, it should contain a claim about the topic that you can explain and justify . Think of the thesis as the road map for the paper; in other words, it tells the reader what to expect from the rest of the paper.
Keep in mind that a thesis will have different purposes depending both on the topic and the discipline in which you are writing. A thesis for a literature class will be different from a thesis for a scientific paper. It may be used to categorize or define , persuade or convince , demonstrate cause-effect or correlation , reveal a resemblance or parallel between cases, evaluate or critically examine , propose or create new policies, or address ethical issues.
There are several ways to create a thesis:
- Generate a list of questions about the topic. Pick the question that interests you most and develop an answer for that question.
- Look at any aspects of the topic that you do not fully understand – what causes the difficulty or confusion?
- Free-write. Write down random thoughts on the topic as they come into your head until you come up with an interesting avenue of investigation.
- Try to move from the general to the specific. The more specific you can make your thesis, the better.
Examples of moving from a topic to a thesis: These examples show what the development of a thesis might look like moving from a vague idea to a specific statement that can be explained and justified. Example 1 – Topic : The novel Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad In this example, the thesis is based on the author’s reading of a literary source. Vague Generalization : Joseph Conrad’s Heart of Darkness describes the beginnings of European commerce in Africa. Question : What does the novel suggest about the relationship between Europe and Africa?
General Concept: The novel represents a symbolic journey that reveals how Europeans imagined themselves to be on a civilizing mission to Africa, but they were actually savagely exploiting the Africans.
Specific Thesis: The narrator’s account of the self-restraint exercised by the cannibals reveals that the most seemingly savage of Africans are more moral than the supposedly civilized Europeans.
Example 2 – Topic: The environment and pollution In this case, the thesis will be developed based on non-fiction, reliable resources instead of one novel or a set of works by an author.
Vague Generalization: The use of gasoline pollutes the air. Question: What alternatives are available to the use of gasoline?
General Concept: The development of solar-powered or electric engines would reduce the use of gasoline and improve air quality.
Specific Thesis: The vast amounts of money used to protect American sources of oil in the Middle East should be used instead to develop the technology necessary to replace gas-powered vehicles.
After you have developed a potential thesis, asking yourself the following questions will help you evaluate the strength of your thesis:
- Do I answer the question? Re-reading the question prompt after constructing a working thesis can help you fix an argument that misses the focus of the question.
- Have I taken a position that others might challenge or oppose? If your thesis simply states facts that no one would, or even could, disagree with, it’s possible that you are simply providing a summary, rather than making an argument.
- Is my thesis statement specific enough? Thesis statements that are too vague often do not have a strong argument. If your thesis contains words like “good” or “successful,” see if you could be more specific: why is something “good”; what specifically makes something “successful”?
- D oes my thesis pass the “So what?” test? If a reader’s first response is likely to be “So what?” then you need to clarify your position and/or connect to a larger issue.
- Does my essay support my thesis specifically and without wandering? If your thesis and the body of your essay do not seem to go together, one of them has to change. It’s okay to change your working thesis to reflect things you have figured out in the course of writing your paper. Remember, always reassess and revise your writing as necessary.
- Does my thesis pass the “how and why?” test? If a reader’s first response is “how?” or “why?” your thesis may be too open-ended and lack guidance for the reader. See what you can add to give the reader a better take on your position right from the beginning.
Source: THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY
Approximate price: $ 22
Free Online Writing Tools
- 100% Free Plagiarism Checker
- Citation Generator
- GPA calculator
- Thesis Statement Generator
- Words to Pages Converter
- Words to Minutes Converter
- Buy Written Papers
What you get from our essay writing service
- Free title page and bibliography
- Unlimited revisions
- Plagiarism-free guarantee
- Money-back guarantee
- 24/7 support
- Writer’s samples
- Part-by-part delivery
- Overnight delivery
- Copies of used sources
- Expert Proofreading
- 275 words per page
- 12 pt Arial/Times New Roman
- Double line spacing
- Any citation style (APA, MLA, Chicago/Turabian, Harvard)
Calculate the price of your order
Get Your Thesis Wrapped Up
Make your failproof thesis a reality, with vast academic expertise behind your work. Our team of writers with advanced degrees across the spectrum is available 24/7 to help you make the last step on your way to graduation.
Formulate the general idea you’re going to discuss in your paper.
Give a clear answer to the research question. What are the results?
Give reasons. You need to persuade the readers.
Try to provide some data: statistics, official reports, etc.
Usually, thesis statements are quite debatable, so you should mention the opposing arguments.
1. Even though the quality of free healthcare can be lower, free universal healthcare means free access to health services for all. People get an opportunity to have all necessary treatment with is great, considering that 45 million Americans don’t have access to qualified health services.
2. Provided that 45 million Americans don’t have access to qualified health services, more people will be able to have all necessary treatment with free universal healthcare that provides free access to health services for all.
3. Free universal healthcare means free access to health services for all, so people will be able to get an opportunity to have all the necessary treatment, including 45 million Americans who don’t have access to qualified health services.
4. Regardless of the fact that the quality of free healthcare services can be lower, free universal healthcare will mean free access to health services for all, including 45 million Americans who cannot afford health insurance.
Free Thesis Generator: How to Create a Winning Thesis Online
When working on a research paper, one of the most crucial parts is writing a thesis statement. However, many students find it challenging to write good thesis statements. Now, you do not have to look at your computer screen wondering where to start, or ask someone "can you write my thesis " - because the thesis statement generator has come to the rescue. It only takes about two minutes to craft the best thesis statement for research paper. Using this thesis statement help is simple, straightforward, and free!
Thesis Generator for Research Paper: How Does it Work?
If you have been struggling to craft thesis statements for your papers in the past, you might be tempted to think that using this thesis statement generator is complicated, but it is not. The thesis statement maker was crafted by experts in academic writing. Therefore, they perfectly understand how to write a thesis statement and ensured you can use the generator to create all types of thesis statements as fast as possible. Here is a demonstration of how to make a thesis statement (without buying PhD thesis ) using the generator in five simple steps.
- State your topic.
- Put down the main idea of your research paper.
- Include important facts that support your paper conclusion.
- Provide additional reasons supporting the main idea that you are conveying.
- Introduce the main counterargument to the main idea.
Once you have added the required information, click the icon "generate your thesis," and you will get the best thesis for your paper.
Research Paper Types
As you focus on crafting the best thesis using the thesis generator, it is also important to understand the different types of research papers. This is crucial because the thesis statement you select will also depend on the type of research paper that you are working on. Research papers fall into several categories:
- Analytical Research Paper: In this type of research paper, you pose a question and then gather related data from experts. Finally, you analyze the data and draw your conclusion on the selected topic.
- Argumentative Research Paper: This category of research paper requires you to present two sides of a topic. Depending on the topic, you have to persuade the reader to agree with your stand, either supporting one side of the topic or demonstrating they are balanced.
- Definition Research Paper: As the name suggests, this type of research paper mainly focuses on describing facts or objective arguments. Unlike in an argumentative paper, a definition paper does not require you to add a personal opinion.
- Compare and Contrast Paper: When writing a compare and contrast paper, you analyze the difference between two subjects, viewpoints, stories, or authors. Ensure to describe both sides in sufficiently in your research paper.
These are the commonest research papers students are required to write in college. But, they are not the only ones. Others include cause and effect papers, interpretive papers, survey research papers, and experimental research papers.
Types of Thesis Statements
Now that you know how to use a thesis generator for research paper, it is also crucial to understand that thesis fall in different categories. Notably, the thesis you use largely depends on the nature of the research paper you are working on. Here are the main ones:
Analytical Thesis Statement
In this type of thesis, you state the subject being analyzed and demonstrate how it will be broken down. Here are some good thesis statement examples.
- An analysis of the process of college admission shows one primary challenge facing counselors: accepting students with strong extracurricular backgrounds or who have high test scores.
- While World War I had different causes, growing nationalism fomented the sense of aggression that ignited the war and its proliferation.
- The process of metamorphosis helps to signify the class struggles of an organism to break away from a life of being oppressed.
Thesis Statement for Informative Speech
An informative thesis statement breaks down your main topic into different sections. So, it is necessary to start by breaking down the speech into a meaningful structure. Here are some examples:
- The internet works as a method of expediently connecting people in the entire globe, encouraging new friendships and exchange of ideas that would not have happened before its inception.
- Given the tough surgery and lifelong transformation they endure, kidney donors should be comprehensively compensated for their outstanding acts of self-sacrifice.
- The literature from the Soviet Union mainly uses strategies of realism to show the proletariat as hard-working and happy.
Expository Thesis Statement
An expository thesis statement brings out the aspects of the topic that you are developing in the order that you will list them. See the examples of thesis statement about bullying and films.
- The bullying in high schools is the major reason for the learner’s poor educational progress.
- Most John Hughes films feature high school students from all walks of life. The elements of teen romance and memorable soundtracks help to bring out the theme of teen anxiety.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) raises the risk of arterial fibrillation (irregular heartbeat) and stroke.
Argumentative Thesis Statement
An argumentative thesis statement highlights your claim and how your research paper supports that claim. Here are some good argumentative thesis statement examples.
- Cities in the US should close down all public libraries since they consume a lot of tax money and have become obsolete institutions because of the current advances in technology.
- At least 30% of the US federal budget should be channeled into limiting pollution.
- Shakespeares’s Taming of the Shrew utilizes disguise, humor, and social roles to criticize the lack of power women had in Elizabethan England.
To understand the structure of a thesis, it is important to go back to the beginning and answer these questions: “What is a thesis statement?” and “How long is a thesis statement?” A thesis statement generalizes your stand about the topic you are writing about in one or two sentences. The main parts of a thesis statement are the comments on your stand and the central message. Make sure to be as concise as possible to help the reader understand what to anticipate in the rest of the research paper.
Writing a good thesis statement for compare and contrast essay, argumentative, or other type of essays is the first step in raking more marks. Remember that you can always use the thesis generator for fast and professional thesis writing help for a research paper.
Take a Free Sneak Peek
Need proof of our expertise? Know exactly what your custom written thesis or dissertation will look like.
“Oh man, I wish I'd found you guys sooner. It took me 4 months to write a draft but my advisor basically said it was all garbage. The one your writer did though? Just a few small tweaks and I got a high pass.”
writers versed in every subject and topic!
Never Miss Out
Home / Guides / Writing Guides / Paper Types / How to Write an Expository Essay
How to Write an Expository Essay
Every student has to write an expository essay at least once in their educational career. These are actually fairly simple essays to write, but they do require some serious research skills. Like most academic essays, the expository essay requires formal writing with an introduction, body, and conclusion.
- Focus on the thesis
- Listen to the assignment
- Explain, don’t argue
- Revise and edit, revise and edit
- Choosing the right topic
Tips for Writing a Kick-Butt Essay
Want to really impress your professor? Here are a few ways you can turn an ordinary essay into something that will blow their socks off.
Focus on the Thesis
Your thesis is the central point of the entire essay, so if it’s amazing, you’re off to a great start. Begin with this and make sure you decide on something that is impressive to kick off the essay.
Listen to the Assignment
Your professor may give you hints on what they’re looking for. If you just write down the basics of the assignment, you could miss out on some key points. For example, your professor may hint at a preferred topic or give tips that could result in a higher score. Write it all down and then analyze what is wanted before you write.
Long before you actually put pen to paper or fingers to keyboard to write the essay, you need to complete the pre-writing phase. This is where you do research and outline your essay. You’ll be amazed at how much better your writing is when you have these basic elements in place first. If you need help with these basic elements consider using an Expository Essay Template.
Explain, Don’t Argue
If you’re not careful, an expository essay can turn into a persuasive or argumentative essay. Focus on explaining the topic, rather than convincing people of something about it.
Revise and Edit, Revise and Edit
Going over the essay once to edit and polish isn’t really enough. If you’re tight on time, such as when writing an essay for an exam, just once will do. However, if you have time, it’s a good idea to edit immediately, then let the essay sit overnight or even longer. When you come back, you won’t be as close to the writing and can look at it more objectively.
Choosing the Right Topic
Topics for an expository essay vary widely, but ideally, you should select something you’re interested in writing about. Topics can answer a question such as “How can we prevent bullying in school?” or they can describe something like a historical building in your area. Other interesting topics to inspire you include:
- How does technology affect our relationships?
- How to treat a burn
- What are the must-haves for a freshman in college?
- How to handle anxiety attacks naturally
- How to train your dog to stop barking on command
- Research the history of a monument in your area
- Why roller skating is a great exercise
As you can see, there’s no limit to the types of topics you can choose for your essay and it really comes down to what the professor assigns you and what you enjoy writing about. How narrow your topic is will also depend on how much you plan to write. An entire history of the Civil War won’t fit into two page, for example, so you’ll need to narrow it down to a specific battle or element of the Civil War.
Writing an expository essay can actually be a fun experience if you approach it the right way. When you enjoy the topic and are interested in it, your essay will show that and will stand out from those written out of boredom.
Finally, if you’re ever facing writer’s block for your college paper, consider WriteWell Essay Templates to help you get started.
EasyBib Writing Resources
Writing a paper.
- Academic Essay
- Argumentative Essay
- College Admissions Essay
- Expository Essay
- Persuasive Essay
- Research Paper
- Thesis Statement
- Writing a Conclusion
- Writing an Introduction
- Writing an Outline
- Writing a Summary
EasyBib Plus Features
- Citation Generator
- Essay Checker
- Expert Check Proofreader
- Grammar Checker
- Paraphrasing Tools
- Spell Checker
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Grammar and Plagiarism Checkers
Upload a paper to check for plagiarism against billions of sources and get advanced writing suggestions for clarity and style.
- Free Samples
- Premium Essays
- Editing Services Editing Proofreading Rewriting
- Extra Tools Essay Topic Generator Thesis Generator Citation Generator GPA Calculator Study Guides Donate Paper
- Essay Writing Help
- About Us About Us Testimonials FAQ
Thesis Generator for Writing Your Best Thesis
Stuck on your thesis? Yeah, we bet that’s a thing you want to deal with the sooner, the better. Do not worry much, take a deep breath. We have got something that would help you out. Follow the plan we present below to create your best thesis with no significant struggle. Each step we offer in our thesis generator should be accompanied with your text under the chosen topic.
Thesis Generator: start off easy
#1. define your topic.
Finding a good topic for your thesis is the primary task you should set. It would define almost everything, how you work, how interested you are in what you do, and therefore, how good your work is at the very end. What is a topic? Practically it is a short phrase or a few words, that define the subject of your thesis. Try to make it as specific as possible. This small trick will genuinely ease the writing.
#2. Define the main idea within the chosen topic
This is needed for you to get the primary understanding of your subject and your future work. So take a minute to consider things you are trying to state or prove. What do you want your reader to learn or believe? Here are several hints, that would help you in your main idea definition.
- - think of one central idea and write it down
- - think of a specific side of the issue you are about to research
- - think of facts and reasons you are about to use: which side do they stand for?
- - what is your own opinion about the issue?
#3. The main argument to support the idea of your Thesis
Take a piece of paper and write down the thoughts you have on how to start your thesis. This simple exercise should break the wall of ‘I don’t know how to start my thesis.’ Actually, writing a thesis statement might be the hardest thing in the whole work. Still, you have to remember, that nothing can be perfect from the first try. So, just write down anything you can think about as the thesis statement. Those sentences might differ only slightly or be completely different; it is all up to you. In the very end, you’ll get your perfect sentence as it would be something in between all the statements you wrote down.
#4. Come up with another argument to support the idea of your Thesis
As thesis generator free suggests, you need to proceed with the arguments and come up with another one to support your main idea. It also has to have substantial logical evidence behind.
#5. Give one more reason supporting the idea of your Thesis
Thesis generator online most probably won’t surprise here. This third reason behind the main idea of your Thesis is as essential a two previous. Write it down as a short statement that would be easy to comprehend. The logical evidence is essential. Do not forget to include it.
#6. Write down a counterargument to you the core idea of your thesis
That might go off a bit hard, but still, if you aim to complete an excellent dissertation, think of another side of the argument. Learn materials, find another standpoint and evidence behind it. Write them down and consider them seriously. If that would be hard at the very beginning, just write down the viewpoint of the person who disagrees with your argument and the reasons that the person provides.
Free Online Thesis Generator: move on
What would your best friend, free online thesis generator, would recommend you to do next? If you went through all the steps mentioned above with due responsibility, you practically have a great frame, an outline to work with.
What can you do with it right off?
Automatic thesis generator most probably helps you much at this stage of your work. Once you complete an outline, it means you have got a framework, a guideline to work with further. What you would need to do is to elaborate the ideas you wrote down.
Right after completing an outline you might want to take a step back and evaluate the big picture. A good thesis is the one that is interesting to read.
How can you achieve such an ambitious goal?
(1) Best topic is one that provokes different opinions. Thus, readers start an actual discussion, take different sides and use various arguments to stand for that point. Now read the topic you chose. Is it something that someone can disagree with? If you are not sure, try rewriting your topic with a different viewpoint. If it is easy to do, you’re on the right path.
(2) A good theme is interesting to you. This is an essential thing. If you are interested in the issue personally, you will definitely look for exciting spans, alternative arguments, and standpoints. When it is a pleasure to work, you most definitely will end up with suitable text.
(3) Another suggestion from the online thesis generator. Try to make your topic not too visible. So, issues like “Smoking is bad for your health” won’t surprise or interest your readers. Let’s be true. Those won’t even interest you. They might be easy to write. Still, most probably you’ll end up with boring text on a dull topic.
(4) Thesis generators also suggest you choose specific questions. Try to narrow down the topic to particular people, or a conflict or situation. Even if your initial issue is broad and you have already started working on it, do not omit a chance to narrow it down. The ideas are incredibly easy to find. Just be attentive while you perform your research. Often they become apparent right after the brief examination of the topic. If that didn’t happen, do not give up. Go through significant researches in the field, read articles and books on the topic. If you perfect narrow down is not around the first corner, it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist at all.
When working on your thesis remember one vital thing. Be interested in what you do. Omit boring topics, like Butter vs. Peanut Butter: Pros and Cons. What kind of research can you perform with such an issue? Also, stay away from obvious and broad topics, which are a dead end to any enthusiasm you might have.
Need topic ideas? Check out the lists online, consult with your tutor or supervisor. Still, remember, the real gem of a good topic is inside your head. Sit down and think about something you’re genuinely interested in. Formulate the statement and write it down. As simple as that.
- Thesis Statement Generator
- TERMS & CONDITIONS
- COOKIES POLICY
Thesis Statement Checker
Creating your own thesis statement has never been so FAST and SIMPLE!
- Choose a paper type.
- Use short phrases and fill in ALL the fields below, without punctuation marks.
- See the examples of thesis statements below the generator.
- Click the button and choose the thesis statement examples you like the most.
- Even though individuals can respond differently to the same piece of music, listening to favorite composition is good for health because music reduces stress, relieves pain, and raises one’s mood.
- Whereas individuals can respond differently to the same piece of music, listening to favorite composition is good for health given that music reduces stress, relieves pain, and raises one’s mood.
- Listening to favorite composition is good for health because music reduces stress, relieves pain, and raises one’s mood.
- Since music reduces stress, relieves pain, and raises one’s mood, listening to favorite composition is good for health.
- Result for Similarities Crocodiles and alligators are similar as they both are reptiles, they look alike and have similar habits.
- Results for Differences Crocodiles and alligators are different as crocodiles are bigger, are usually lighter grayish brown, and have a V-shaped snout, while alligators are smaller, are black, and have a U-shaped snout.
- Results for Both similar and different Whereas crocodiles and alligators are different as crocodiles are bigger, are usually lighter grayish brown, and have a V-shaped snout, while alligators are smaller, are black, and have a U-shaped snout, they are also similar as they both are reptiles, they look alike and have similar habits.
- Listening to favorite composition is good for health: music reduces stress, relieves pain, and raises one’s mood.
- 💪 What Makes a Thesis Statement Strong?
📃 Thesis Statement Examples
📄 thesis statements for essays, 🔍 thesis statements for research papers, 💬 thesis statements for speeches.
- 📄 Argumentative Essay Thesis Statements
👉 3-point Thesis Statements
💬 writing thesis statements for speeches.
- 📃 Examples for Synthesis Essays
🆚 Thesis versus Hypothesis
⚙️ how to generate a thesis statement.
When writing college essays, you often need to use logical, engaging arguments to convince your readers that your position on the paper’s topic is correct. To do so, you must utilize the same persuasive skills that you practice in your daily life: for example, convincing your brother to clean up the room, persuading your parents to let you attend a party or borrow the car, and encouraging your friend to vote for a particular policy or candidate.
Written assignments often require you to convince your readers of your position. This form of persuasion, often called an academic argument, follows a predictable pattern.
After a brief introduction, you state your vision of the topic directly and in one sentence. This sentence is called the thesis statement, and it serves as a summary of the arguments you’ll make throughout the rest of your paper.
🤔 What is a Thesis Statement?
A thesis statement is a sentence that represents the central idea of the paper. Let’s look at the definition of a thesis statement for an essay and why you need it.
Here are four goals to keep in mind when composing a thesis:
- Show the significance of the paper’s subject.
- Provide readers with an idea of the rest of the essay content.
- Answer the general question your paper makes.
- Briefly acknowledge opposing positions on the essay’s topic.
Summing up, a thesis statement is a reflection of your position on the paper’s subject. You might have other questions, like “Where should I put my thesis statement?” and “How long should it be?”
Here are the answers:
A thesis statement must be part of the essay’s introduction. Outlining your position on the essay’s main idea near the beginning of the text will show your readers where the paper is going.
As for length, our advice is simple: keep it short. Try to make your thesis statement one or two sentences long. You don’t have to put all your arguments and evidence into it—you will be able to do that in the body section of your paper.
💪 How to Rate My Thesis Statement?
If you have been searching in Google about thesis statement writing, you might have seen a phrase like “make your thesis statement strong”. But what are the features of a strong thesis statement?
First, it must be specific . Your statement should focus on one single issue. Try to avoid using two ideas that could create an unfocused thesis. Check for coordinating or subordinating conjunctions connecting two large sentences, and, if there any, rewrite your statement.
At the same time, your thesis shouldn’t be too general. If you see that you can’t say much about the issue and are just skimming the surface, revise your essay topic so you can present all the arguments and evidence within the required word count.
Here are specific and general thesis statement examples:
Second, it must be clear . This means you have to make your reader understand what you’re going to discuss in your paper. Avoid abstract, vague words as well as academic jargon and technical language in your writing.
Third, it must be original . Avoid generic statements and arguments. You can use broad arguments in your draft but narrow them during the revision stage until the sentence completely reflects your points.
Another thing you must avoid is oversimplifying complex issues or not specifying your reasoning. If you state “We must save the dolphins,” for example, also provide an explanation. Why does your point matter? Why is this problem worthy of your readers’ attention?
If you’re wondering how to write a good thesis statement , check out the five examples below:
Bad thesis statement : Drug use negatively affects your health.
What’s wrong with it? It’s too broad. How exactly does drug use affect someone’s health? What are the specific health problems you’re going to discuss? What kind of drugs will you consider in your paper?
Revised thesis : Constant use of nicotine, cocaine, marijuana, and other drugs leads to paranoia, hallucinations, impulsiveness, the loss of self-control, aggressiveness, and drug addiction.
Note : In our sample, we provided specific examples of drugs and the problems they can cause. In your paper, you don’t have to state every single health issue—there are too many to put into one sentence. Instead, you can point out the major problems you will discuss in the essay.
Bad thesis statement : Reading books may help develop analytical thinking skills.
What’s wrong with it? First, words like “can,” “may,” “might” don’t make your thesis strong. Second, you need to show “how” reading books will develop those stills in your thesis sentence.
Revised thesis : Reading books helps people develop analytical thinking by fostering comprehension skills, enhancing vocabulary, and improving grammar.
Bad thesis statement : The creation of the internet has significantly changed our lives.
What’s wrong with it? Even though this statement is true, your readers will still have questions. How did the internet change people’s lives? Why should anyone care? What’s in it for your readers?
Revised thesis : Since its beginning, the internet has connected people from all over the world, fostering the exchange of ideas, the creation of new friendships, and access to education opportunities for developing countries.
Bad thesis statement : In this paper, I’ll discuss the advantages of public schools.
What’s wrong with it? First, the clause “In this paper” is overused and will bore your readers. Second, your thesis needs to clarify why public schools are important and which advantages you’re going to discuss in your paper.
Revised thesis : Public schools have a strong system of accountability and attract the best teachers possible, which leads to higher education quality.
Bad thesis statement : I will describe the negative effects of studying poorly for an exam.
What’s wrong with it? The question that arises is, “Why should your reader care?” How does your statement relate to them?
Revised thesis : Poor exam preparation leads to a lower GPA, which decreasing academic and career opportunities for students.
✅ Types of Thesis Statement
How many types of thesis statements do you know? Keep reading to find out more about various kinds of statements!
First of all, the type of statement you need depends on the type of essay that you’re going to write:
- Argumentative thesis statement . Here, you should provide readers with your position and supporting evidence. Its structure contains the essay topic, point of view, and the evidence or reasons. Your task is to provide valuable arguments and convince the reader of its plausibility.
Here is an argumentative thesis statement sample:
- Evaluative thesis . This type of statement analyzes the weaknesses and strengths of the essay topic.
Check out this sample:
- Analytical thesis statement . As the name implies, this statement analyzes the elements of the essay topic and assesses how these parts work together and what effects they can cause.
Analytical thesis statement example:
- Compare and contrast thesis statement . This type of statement consists of two parts: a comparison of something (books, ideas, objects) and the conclusion.
Here’s what it looks like:
- Cause and effect thesis statement . When writing a cause and effect statement, you should focus on the contribution of actions, events, or ideas to specific outcomes.
- Three-point thesis statement . A 3-point thesis should have a key idea and three supporting arguments. We can use the same statement from a previous example.
Three point thesis sample:
The next type of thesis statement we’re going to discuss is a thesis for a research paper . This thesis can be just as important as your findings.
The answer is simple: a thesis statement is the first thing your readers look at when they read your paper. A good statement allows them to quickly understand whether or not your essay will be useful to them.
All the types of statements we described above are also applicable to your research essay . However, let’s review the simple rules of how to write a research thesis:
- Provide your position regarding the paper subject . Tell your readers your opinion and why it is important. Use our thesis statement maker tool to draft your thesis, and don’t forget to polish it!
- Avoid using questions and quotes as a thesis statement . Instead, describe the research topic and the purpose of the investigation. Remember, questions can be great lead-ins to the statement, but they don’t state anything by themselves . In addition, a quote provides someone else’s position, not yours.
- You may use standard formulas from the list of statement types for essays.
- Avoid irrelevant and meaningless information . Your thesis should be straight-forward and brief to help readers get a clear understanding of the research topic and your position.
- Make your thesis catchy . Even though it’s part of a research paper, a thesis statement should not be boring! A debatable, relevant, and attention-grabbing statement will definitely make your readers want to read the paper.
A thesis statement for a speech has a similar role to that of an essay. It should grab the attention of your audience while giving them an idea of the speech’s topic.
There are notable differences between a paper and a speech thesis . When writing an essay, you should provide well-grounded evidence and weighty arguments. However, for a speech, the idea is to grab attention and involve the listeners.
Thus, you should not only outline the issues you’re going to discuss but also make your audience stop scrolling through their Facebook newsfeed and carefully listen to you. Avoid placing your thesis at the end of the speech. This can make your listeners bored or confused about the speech topic.
If you’re still wondering how to write a statement for a speech, keep reading this post! Below, we will explain how to write a perfect thesis using our thesis creator.
📝 Writing & Checking Thesis Statements
If you’re searching the internet looking to pay someone to write a thesis statement for you, stop! Using our guide, you can quickly write it by yourself.
We’ve already provided various thesis statement examples for different types of paper. Now, let’s recall the essentials of thesis statement writing:
- Refine your paper topic into a specific question.
- Compose one or two narrow sentences that answer this question.
- Provide your opinion and add strong evidence.
These three steps are the general formula for any assignment. Below, we will consider peculiarities of different kinds of thesis writing, so you won’t ever need to ask anyone again to “help me to write my thesis.”
📄 Argumentative Essay Thesis Statements [+Examples]
The first question we’re going to answer is how to make a thesis statement for an argumentative essay . What are the key features of this type of statement?
It should be debatable
In your argumentative essay, you should avoid general claims and choose a position that your readers can agree or disagree with. For example:
Most of your readers would agree that too many computer games are bad for your health. But let’s add some helpful touches:
Now, your statement is more arguable, and readers can agree or disagree with it.
It should be assertive
You must provide your position and avoid questions, vagueness, and quotations. Check out this example:
This argumentative thesis statement sample doesn’t provide any explanation of your position on the topic. Let’s revise it:
It should be evidence-based
In an argumentative essay, you should provide supporting evidence. You should avoid claims that assume religious beliefs, morals, or value systems because they can’t be supported with evidence:
This statement lacks evidences and is based on beliefs and values. Below, we revised the sentence and added evidence:
A three-point thesis is the easiest type of statement to write. Here’s why: a standard 5-paragraph essay consists of five parts. These include an introduction, three body sections presenting three pieces of evidence, and a concluding paragraph. Your three points in the thesis should represent the three ideas of the body section of your paper.
HelpfulPapers.com provides a thesis statement tool that allows you to generate a statement in five simple steps. Let’s recall an example of a 3-point thesis:
Private schooling can be expensive, but it provides students with exceptional learning opportunities because of smaller classes, structured learning, and caring teachers and school staff.
If you want to use our 3-point thesis statement generator, you should follow these simple steps:
Define the essay topic:
State your position about this topic:
private schools provide students with exceptional learning opportunities
Think about the first argument:
smaller classes and structured learning
Consider the second argument:
caring teachers and school staff
Find a counter-argument:
can be expensive
And here’s the result:
Hint: you can use this tool to restate the thesis statement in the conclusion without repeating it!
The next question we’re going to consider is “how to write a thesis statement for a speech?”
To develop a perfect thesis for a speech, you can use our thesis corrector or generator. Revise and polish the statement as you write the body of the speech .
Here are five things to keep in mind when you write a speech thesis:
- Make it strong and arguable
- Keep it focused
- Provide proofs and evidence
- Keep it concise and clear
- Place it in the introduction
📃 Thesis Statement Examples for Synthesis Essays
What is the difference between synthesis essays and other types of essays? In a synthesis essay, you should draw ideas from your sources into the discussion.
There are two types of synthesis essays:
- Explanatory synthesis essay , where you explain a particular topic to your readers using given sources;
- Argument synthesis essay , where you argue about the paper’s topic using supportive evidence.
If you’re wondering how to write a synthesis thesis and what it looks like, check out these samples:
Lots of students struggle to differentiate a thesis statement vs. hypothesis statement. Both of these sentences answer a paper’s main question. However, there’s an important difference:
- A hypothesis statement is a statement that can be proven or disproven. It predicts the correlation between variables.
- A thesis is a summary of the key idea or claim of the paper. When you write it, you should support it with evidence and explain it in the body of your research assignment or essay.
Regardless of its type, every paper must contain a thesis statement. If the purpose of your writing is to prove (or disprove) something, you must also include a hypothesis .
Here are examples of hypothesis and thesis statements:
This hypothesis can be true or false. In your paper, you will have to provide quantitative research that proves or disproves the hypothesis. Let’s see what a thesis statement on the same topic looks like:
Helpfulpapers.com designed a great thesis statement maker to facilitate your essay writing. You can use this tool to write your thesis statement and then to restate it in the conclusion.
Here’s how to use it:
First, you need to choose the essay type. Depending on what you pick, the generator will have different fields for you to fill out. For the sake of this demonstration, we’ll select the Argumentative type.
Next, type in the main conclusion of your paper. It has to demonstrate the core idea of the essay clearly.
Write down the main argument. You can add up to three extra arguments to clarify your point.
Finally, complete the form by typing in the main counterargument that states the point against your conclusion.
Voila! All you have to do is to press the “Make my Thesis” button and pick one of five results that our thesis statement creator suggests:
If you’re not satisfied with the result, you can alter your answers and try again.
Now you know where to find thesis statement help and how to create a strong thesis regardless of the type of writing assignment. Don’t forget to check our blog for more useful study tips!
❓ Thesis Checker FAQ
Free Essay Outline Generator
Need to quickly outline an argumentative essay or a research paper? Try out this free essay outline generator!
Are you a college student struggling to compose a well-organized essay, yet your deadline is approaching fast?
Our essay outline generator is here to help you save time and avoid stress by creating a structure for whatever kind of essay you’re writing. This AI-powered essay outline-making tool employs cutting-edge Natural Language Processing (NLP) technologies to swiftly and accurately comprehend complicated themes. So, you don’t need to worry about grammatical or spelling issues when preparing outlines for papers or articles.
- 🔢 How to Use It?
- 🤩 The Tool’s 5 Benefits
- 📝 What Is an Essay Outline?
- ✍️ How to Write an Outline
🔢 essay outline generator: how to use it.
To generate an essay outline, you’ll need to take the following steps:
- Choose the genre of your assignment . Is it an essay, research paper, literature review, or proposal?
- Choose the type of the text . Do you need an informative, analytical, persuasive, or argumentative paper?
- Indicate the number of paragraphs . That’s an optional step.
- Add the topic . Please note that it should not be too long or too short.
🤩 Essay Outline Generator: the 5 Benefits
Using our outline generator is easy and beneficial for students.
Here are the parameters you’re sure to like:
📝 What Is an Essay Outline & Why Is It Important?
An essay outline is a technique of organizing the structure and flow of your essay before you begin writing the text itself. You should outline any essay, no matter which type you need: argumentative , comparative , narrative , or other.
Outlining highlights each section’s content, the paragraphs’ sequence , and the relationship between various arguments. Though you may only sometimes be required to make an outline before drafting the essay, doing so can help you plan your thoughts and ensure that you cover all the basics.
Let’s review 5 advantages of an essay outline.
An outline gathers and emphasizes all of your ideas to determine if you’ve adhered to your main point or veered off course. In essence, it helps you maintain concentration and prevents you from wandering off into unrelated topics’ discussion.
If you organize your thoughts logically, your writing will flow more smoothly , and the topic sentences in the body paragraphs of your essay will have more impact. You may check your transitions and the logic of your material with a well-planned outline.
Effective Information Sequence
Presenting your strongest point first is better. Your outline will help you determine whether you have presented your information in the most effective sequence .
An essay outline allows for achieving one of the most important writing goals: conciseness . Maintaining simplicity and brevity will help the reader understand your message rather than burying it beneath a sea of superfluous words and off-topic discussion points.
An outline is fundamentally a tool of organization . Have you said everything you intended to? Did you use a logical approach to your argument? Is your argument convincing? It’s still crucial to plan your strategy for the essay, even if you’re not writing to prove or debate a specific point.
✍️ How to Write an Essay Outline
Here are a few pointers on developing an outline for your essay.
Step #1 Understand the Requirements
Before beginning to write the outline, please read the assignment instructions thoroughly .
Ensure you understand:
- The style of the essay you should write
- The number of citations required
- The required length
What’s the goal of my essay?
Do I intend to inform, convince, or merely entertain the readers? Depending on the objective, you will know which thesis to consider, which writing techniques to employ, and how to conceptualize research in the article.
Step #2: Formulate Your Thesis Statement
Establish your thesis statement to determine which topic sentences to outline in your essay .
The thesis statements must:
- Be debatable
- Contain sufficient details to captivate readers
Once you have a thesis prepared , you may begin organizing your essay. Please note that the outline is not an initial stage of work. You should already have a clear idea of your essay by the time you are creating an outline.
Step #3: Brainstorm
Brainstorming involves writing down as many concepts as possible without limiting yourself or critiquing any of them. You can generate ideas and arguments confirming your thesis during brainstorming or, vice versa, choose opposing points.
Step #4: Select the Best Points
Now that you came up with ideas for the essay, it’s time to review your planning notes and choose the ideas that will help you reach your essay’s purpose.
How does this prove my point?
Do that for each piece of information you have written down. If you have a concise, well-thought-out response to that query, consider including it on your list of essay topics.
Step #5: Structure the Body
Using the compiled perspectives you created, determine the most significant points you will present in your essay. These will be the parts of your essay’s body. List the facts, anecdotes, and statistics that corroborate these claims.
There should be only one idea per paragraph, and each of them should be connected with your thesis statement.
Step #6: Write Your Outline
Now that you fully understand your main claims and supporting evidence, it’s time to compose your outline.
Format your essential points into a concise, well-organized framework using a template for the style of essay you’re writing. You’ll fill in the blanks with information when you write your first draft.
👀 Essay Outline Examples
In this section, you’ll find outline examples for various essay types. Note that these are 5-paragraph essay outlines.
Argumentative Essay Outline
Here is an illustration of an argumentative essay outline that a college student can use:
- Title : Almond Milk Is Better Than Soy Milk
- Introduction : Discuss the distinctions between soy and almond milk and their respective levels of popularity.
- Thesis : Almond milk is a more nutritious, flavorful, and sweeter alternative to soy milk.
- Compare the typical calories in a serving of soy milk with almond milk.
- Cite how almond milk is more easily included in consumers’ daily calorie allowances.
- Compare the advantages of consuming vegan versus items made from animals.
- Describe how almond and soy milk’s vegan status makes them available to vegans and non-vegans and a better, more environmentally friendly option for everyone.
- The product is easier to find than soy milk due to the availability of almonds and how much milk they produce with every squeeze.
- Tell stories of people who have dairy allergies and the health issues they cause.
- Conclusion : Explain why almond milk is preferable to soy milk again, and include any supporting arguments.
Expository Essay Outline
Here is an illustration of an expository essay for a middle school student.
- Title : My Favorite Pet
- Introduction : Describe your favorite animal and your feelings towards the pet. Provide background on the pet and some interesting features about it.
- Thesis : My dog, Coco, is my best friend.
- Compare the dog to other pets you have encountered.
- Describe how the dog’s breed, color, favorite snack, and why you chose the name for the dog.
- Tell stories about your dog’s hobbies and your best memories together.
- Conclusion : Explain why you love your dog and how you plan to care for your furry best friend.
Personal Essay Outline
Here is a sample of an essay outline for a personal essay suitable for high school students:
- Title : The Two Best Birthdays in My Life
- Introduction : Describe your feelings around birthdays and how you prefer commemorating yours.
- Thesis : My 16 th and 17 th birthdays were the two happiest days of my life.
- I obtained a driver’s permit on my sixteenth birthday, and my closest pals and I went to our first live music concert.
- I still have my armband and ticket voucher from the event.
- I initially believed that everyone didn’t remember my birthday. I was inconsolable.
- Then, as a pleasant surprise, my family drove six hours to pick me up and take me to the art exhibition I had been dying to see.
- Conclusion : The reasons mentioned above made my 16 th and 17 th birthdays very special.
Thank you for reading this article! If you wish to continue working on the sample, check out our essay generator to get a full-scale paper example.
❓ Essay Outline Generator FAQ
❓ what is an essay outline.
An essay’s outline is used as the paper’s basic framework. It’s a written version of an essay’s main idea and most important supporting points. Whenever you are working on an essay, creating one is a good idea to help you build a supporting structure for further writing stages.
❓ How to make an essay outline?
You should formulate the essay’s main point that will lay the basis for your essay’s thesis statement. Then apply brainstorming to generate supporting arguments and find academic sources that expand those points and help you build solid, coherent content.
❓ What elements are required in an outline for an argumentative essay?
The standard format for an argumentative essay consists of an introduction, a thesis statement, supporting evidence, counterarguments, and a conclusion. You should insert that data in the argumentative essay outline generator to get high-quality results.
❓ How does an essay outline generator work?
An outline generator for essays is an online, AI-powered tool that helps students organize their essay ideas orderly. The essay outline builder uses complex AI models to research, paraphrase information, create relevant outlines, and guarantee that its content is authentic, interesting, and related to the topic.
- How to Write an Outline in 5 Steps, with Examples
- Types of Outlines and Samples - Purdue OWL
- Why and How to Create a Useful Outline - Purdue OWL
- Creating an Outline
- Outlining | - Harvard College Writing Center
Thesis Rephraser: Rewrite a Thesis Statement
Welcome to our thesis rephraser. Follow the steps below to get a rewritten thesis statement in no time:
- Input a thesis statement into the textbox;
- Choose the share of words you want replaced;
- Click the "Rephrase" button;
- Get your reworded thesis.
- 🤷 Why Using the Tool?
- 🎓 What Is a Thesis?
- Literary Analysis
✍️ How to Rewrite a Thesis?
🔗 references, 🤷 thesis rephraser: why using it.
- To rephrase a conclusion or any other section of a paper (yes, it is SO universal);
- To improve a thesis statement that does not wholly meet the requirements;
- To reformulate a thesis statement so that you can include it in your conclusion;
- To reword a thesis statement to see if it makes sense.
🎓 What Is a Thesis Statement?
A thesis statement is usually a sentence (or two as a maximum) at the beginning of your paper.
Most often, you should place it at the close of the introduction , presenting your argument to the reader.
Warning: Don’t mix the thesis statement and the subject of your paper. For example, the subject can be “the late works of Siegmund Freud,” but the thesis explains what you plan to do with this literature. I.e., “This essay argues that the late works of Siegmund Freud focus on mysticism.”
How to Identify a Thesis Statement?
A thesis statement is placed at the end of the introductory paragraph and answers the question of the paper’s topic. As a rule, it consists of only one sentence, which describes the essence of your writing.
What Is the Main Goal of a Thesis Statement?
The main goal is to give the reader a clear idea of the author’s position and how it will be defended. The best way to know what the paper is about is to read this sentence.
How Long Does a Thesis Statement Have to Be?
A thesis statement is usually formulated in a single sentence. Still, two shorter will also do if the sentence you have written is too complex or wordy.
📝 Thesis Statement Types (with Examples)
Below you'll find formulas and examples for 4 thesis statements: argumentative, analytical, expository, and literary analysis.
Argumentative Thesis Statement
An argumentative thesis statement presents the topic of a paper, the author’s opinion on the issue, and the reasons for such an opinion.
Argumentative thesis = Topic + Opinion + Reasons
E.g., Pembroke Welsh Corgis (topic) make perfect pets (opinion) because they are smart, active, and loyal (reasons) .
Analytical Thesis Statement
An analytical thesis statement presents the analyzed subject of your paper, reminds the reader of the general topic, and indicates what was found at the end of the analysis.
Analytical thesis = Subject of Analysis + Topic + Findings
E.g., The behavioral analysis (subject of analysis) of Pembroke Welsh Corgis (topic) demonstrates that they require more human attention than other breeds (findings) .
Expository Thesis Statement
An expository thesis statement specifies the overall topic and enumerates the principal aspects raised in the paper.
Expository thesis = Topic + Aspects
E.g., The criteria of corgi’s physical health (topic) comprise the state of their skin, fur, nose, eyes, teeth, and gums (aspects) .
Literary Analysis Thesis Statement
A literary analysis thesis statement focuses on the literary devices your paper will analyze and the results the author achieved through them.
Literary analysis = Literary Device + Effect
E.g., Arthur Conan Doyle uses the imagery of the moor (literary device) to produce an uncanny and grim impression on the reader (effect) .
Did your professor cross out your draft thesis statement and leave a negative comment in the right margin? Or have you already wracked your brain improvising a new version of the same thesis statement to put it into your conclusion?
Whichever the case, we will analyze why this introductory sentence is not good enough. Then you will get a how-to instruction for its correction.
Rewriting an Argumentative Thesis
Your thesis statement should be solid and convincing . It should also be based on facts and logical reasoning.
Compare the following versions of the same thesis. As you may guess, the second has been improved. The worst drawback of an argumentative thesis statement is when you fail to provide the reasons for your opinion.
Rewriting an Analytical Thesis
An analytical thesis statement should indicate the specific aspect you plan to focus on, what kind of analysis you have done, and its results .
If any of the elements is missing, it is a weak thesis.
The example in the left column provides no information on how you achieved the given conclusion. The variant in the right column is much better.
Rewriting an Expository Thesis
An expository thesis statement does not convince the reader. Instead, it presents the narrow topic and its features. Do your best to make it informative and concise.
The thesis statement sample in the left column states a fact, but there is no information on what the paper’s main body will dwell upon. Consider the improvement in the right column:
Rewriting a Literary Analysis Thesis
A literary analysis thesis statement links the individual techniques of the author with the effect they have produced in the book. If no such link is established, you’ve failed the task.
The statement in the left column does not mention the literary device. Let us correct it.
Thank you for reading this article! If you are not completely satisfied with the result of paraphrasing, try one of our highly specialized tools for various types of content:
- Essay rephraser
- Paragraph rewriter
- Sentence rewriter
- Phrase rewriter
- Paper rewriter
- Thesis rephraser
- Text reworder
- Poem paraphraser
- Essay reworder
❓ Thesis Rephraser FAQ
How does a thesis rephraser work.
A thesis rephraser allows you to produce an absolutely new thesis statement in a blink of an eye. Copy the last sentence of your introduction into the paraphrasing tool, select the volume of changed words, and press the button to get the result.
How to Rephrase a Thesis Statement?
The only correct way is to analyze its structure first. Then reword each constituent part separately and combine them in a new grammatically correct sentence. Don’t forget to check the result with anti-plagiarism software. If it shows that the sentence is not unique, change some words for their synonyms.
How to Rephrase a Question into a Thesis Statement?
Any thesis statement answers the research question or the question raised in the paper’s topic. That’s why you should not literally rephrase it. Instead, give a straightforward answer, which all your argumentation and evidence will support. But if the question is long, you can change its structure from interrogative to affirmative and replace several words with synonyms.
Where Do You Rephrase Your Thesis Statement in an Essay?
There are several places in an essay where you could include a reference to your thesis statement. These are the topic and concluding sentences of each paragraph. But the full paraphrased version of the thesis statement is necessary only in your conclusion.
- Thesis Statements - UNC Writing Center
- How to Write a Thesis Statement
- Developing a Thesis Statement
- Thesis Statement Examples
- How to Restate a Thesis: 9 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow
- Using Thesis Statements - University of Toronto Writing Advice
- Thesis and Purpose Statements