- Awards Season
- Big Stories
- Pop Culture
- Video Games
How to Create an Effective Thesis Statement in 5 Easy Steps
Creating a thesis statement can be a daunting task. It’s one of the most important sentences in your paper, and it needs to be done right. But don’t worry — with these five easy steps, you’ll be able to create an effective thesis statement in no time.
Step 1: Brainstorm Ideas
The first step is to brainstorm ideas for your paper. Think about what you want to say and write down any ideas that come to mind. This will help you narrow down your focus and make it easier to create your thesis statement.
Step 2: Research Your Topic
Once you have some ideas, it’s time to do some research on your topic. Look for sources that support your ideas and provide evidence for the points you want to make. This will help you refine your argument and make it more convincing.
Step 3: Formulate Your Argument
Now that you have done some research, it’s time to formulate your argument. Take the points you want to make and put them into one or two sentences that clearly state what your paper is about. This will be the basis of your thesis statement.
Step 4: Refine Your Thesis Statement
Once you have formulated your argument, it’s time to refine your thesis statement. Make sure that it is clear, concise, and specific. It should also be arguable so that readers can disagree with it if they choose.
Step 5: Test Your Thesis Statement
The last step is to test your thesis statement. Does it accurately reflect the points you want to make? Is it clear and concise? Does it make an arguable point? If not, go back and refine it until it meets all of these criteria.
Creating an effective thesis statement doesn’t have to be a daunting task. With these five easy steps, you can create a strong thesis statement in no time at all.
This text was generated using a large language model, and select text has been reviewed and moderated for purposes such as readability.
MORE FROM ASK.COM
Edinburgh Research Archive
- ERA Home
- Engineering, School of
Engineering thesis and dissertation collection
By Issue Date Authors Titles Subjects Publication Type Sponsor Supervisors
Search within this Collection:
Addressing regression architecture for the robust mitigation of environmental and operational variations in wind turbine blade monitoring , laser absorption spectroscopic tomography with a customised spatial resolution for combustion diagnosis , development of 4d printed actuators with integrated temperature-controlled triggering system , multi-busbar sub-module modular multilevel converter , studies on the adsorption/absorption-based co₂ capture process focusing on implications of process design and adsorbent selection , characterisation of complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor compatible single-photon avalanche diode in novel time-resolved applications , passive, low-energy and renewable cooling solutions for the built environment in southern asia , compressive mri with deep convolutional and attentive models , effect of thermal cycling on the critical temperature of high temperature superconductors , process modelling of a powder epoxy based automated towpregging line , computational modelling of large-scale fire spread through informal settlements , achievable information rates for nonlinear frequency division multiplexed fibre optic systems , spad-based time of flight pixel designs for large scale arrays , innovative hybrid concrete-frp composite bridge girder for pedestrian bridges , spad-based time-of-flight technologies for near-infrared spectroscopy , using machine learning to predict the ballistic response of structures to projectile impact , representation learning for generalisation in medical image analysis , understanding the effects of particle properties and particle-scale flow on suspension rheology , nanotechnology facilitated photothermal and photodynamic therapy for enhanced antibacterial treatment , production of novel taxane intermediates of anticancer drug taxol using microbial consortia .
UKnowledge > College of Engineering > Mechanical Engineering > Theses & Dissertations
Theses and Dissertations--Mechanical Engineering
Theses/dissertations from 2023 2023.
Utilization of Uncrewed Aircraft Systems Towards Investigating the Structure of the Atmospheric Surface Layer , Loiy Al-Ghussain
MECHANICAL ENERGY HARVESTER FOR POWERING RFID SYSTEMS COMPONENTS: MODELING, ANALYSIS, OPTIMIZATION AND DESIGN , Alireza Babaei
Impact of spallation and internal radiation on fibrous ablative materials , Raghava Sai Chaitanya Davuluri
ANISOTROPIC MATERIAL BEHAVIOR OF 3D PRINTED FIBER COMPOSITES , Jordan Garcia
Attrition Study of Copper-Supplemented Iron-Based Oxygen Carrier for Chemical Looping Combustion , Neng Huang
MULTISCALE MODELING OF CARDIAC GROWTH AND BAROREFLEX CONTROL , Hossein Sharifi
Parallel Real Time RRT*: An RRT* Based Path Planning Process , David Yackzan
Theses/Dissertations from 2022 2022
IN-SITU CHARACTERIZATION OF SURFACE QUALITY IN γ-TiAl AEROSPACE ALLOY MACHINING , David Adeniji
NUMERICAL AND SCALING STUDY ON APPLICATION OF INKJET TECHNOLOGY TO AUTOMOTIVE COATING , Masoud Arabghahestani Dr.
EXPERIMENTAL INVESTIGATION OF ROUGHNESS AND BLOWING EFFECTS OVER ABLATOR-LIKE SURFACES , Colby Borchetta
Energy and Economic Modeling of Stillage Dewatering Processes in Kentucky Bourbon Distilleries , William Brennan
Peridynamic Material Correspondence Models: Bond-Associated and Higher-Order Formulations , WaiLam Chan
A Decoupled Engineering Methodology for Accurate Prediction of Ablative Surface Boundary Conditions in Thermal Protection Systems , Justin Cooper
QUANTITATIVE METHODS FOR TOTAL LIFECYCLE RISK LIKELIHOOD AND IMPACT ASSESSMENT IN SUSTAINABLE PRODUCT DESIGN DECISION MAKING , Christian Enyoghasi
Numerical Investigation of an Oxyacetylene Torch With Regards to an Ablative Material , Luke Fortner
Formation Control with Collision Avoidance for Fixed-Wing Unmanned Air Vehicles With Speed Constraints , Christopher Heintz
Radiative Conductivity Estimation Using Direct Approach For Fibrous Materials , Mohammad Khaleel
Modeling Human Control Behavior in Command-following Tasks , Sajad Koushkbaghi
Formation Control with Bounded Controls and Collision Avoidance: Theory and Application to Quadrotor Unmanned Air Vehicles , Zachary S. Lippay
Small-Satellite Attitude Control Using Sinusoidal Actuator Motion: Experiments on the International Space Station , K. Ryan Lush
Kentucky Re-entry Universal Payload System (KRUPS): Hypersonic Re-entry Flight , John Daniel Schmidt
The Effects of Reference-Command Preview on the Strategies that Humans Use in Command-Following Tasks , Amelia J. S. Sheffler
SHAPE MEMORY BEHAVIOR OF NiTiHf ALLOYS FABRICATED BY LASER POWDER BED FUSION , Guher Pelin Toker
EXPERIMENTAL COMPARISON OF TWO SAMPLED-DATA ADAPTIVE CONTROL ALGORITHMS FOR REJECTING SINUSOIDAL DISTURBANCES , William Grayson Woods
In-Situ Characterization of Burr Formation in Finish Machining of Inconel 718 , Hamzah M. Zannoun
Page 1 of 14
- Notify me via email or RSS
Browse by Author
- Submit Research
New Title Here
Below. --> connect.
- Law Library
- Special Collections
- Copyright Resource Center
- Graduate School
- We’d like your feedback
Home | About | FAQ | My Account | Accessibility Statement
University of Kentucky ®
- USF Research
- USF Libraries
Digital Commons @ USF > College of Engineering > Mechanical Engineering > Theses and Dissertations
Mechanical Engineering Theses and Dissertations
Theses/dissertations from 2023 2023.
Metachronal Locomotion: Swimming, Scaling, and Schooling , Kuvvat Garayev
A Human-in-the-Loop Robot Grasping System with Grasp Quality Refinement , Tian Tan
Theses/Dissertations from 2022 2022
Health Effects of Oil Spills and Dispersal of Oil Droplets and Zooplankton by Langmuir Cells , Sanjib Gurung
Estimating the As-Placed Grout Volume of Auger Cast Piles , Tristen Mee
Hybrid RANS-LES Hemolytic Power Law Modeling of the FDA Blood Pump , Joseph Tarriela
Theses/Dissertations from 2021 2021
Dynamic Loading Directed Neural Stem Cell Differentiation , Abdullah Revaha Akdemir
An Investigation of Cross-links on Crystallization and Degradation in a Novel, PhotoCross-linkable Poly (Lactic Acid) System , Nicholas Baksh
A Framework to Aid Decision Making for Smart Manufacturing Technologies in Small-and Medium-Sized Enterprises , Purvee Bhatia
Formation of Gas Jets and Vortex Rings from Bursting Bubbles: Visualization, Kinematics, and Fluid Dynamics , Ali A. Dasouqi
Development of Carbon and Silicon Carbide Based Microelectrode Implantable Neural Interfaces , Chenyin Feng
Sulfate Optimization in the Cement-Slag Blended System Based on Calorimetry and Strength Studies , Mustafa Fincan
Interrelation of Thermal Stimulation with Haptic Perception, Emotion, and Memory , Mehdi Hojatmadani
Modeling the Ambient Conditions of a Manufacturing Environment Using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) , Yang Liu
Flow Visualization and Aerosol Characterization of Respiratory Jets Exhaled from a Mannequin Simulator , Sindhu Reddy Mutra
A Constitutive-Based Deep Learning Model for the Identification of Active Contraction Parameters of the Left Ventricular Myocardium , Igor Augusto Paschoalotte Nobrega
Sensible/Latent Hybrid Thermal Energy Storage for the Supercritical Carbon Dioxide Brayton Cycle , Kelly Osterman
Evaluating the Performance of Devices Engineering to Quantify the FARS Test , Harsh Patel
Event-Triggered Control Architectures for Scheduling Information Exchange in Uncertain and Multiagent Systems , Stefan Ristevski
Theses/Dissertations from 2020 2020
Experimental Investigation of Liquid Height Estimation and Simulation Verification of Bolt Tension Quantification Using Surface Acoustic Waves , Hani Alhazmi
Investigation of Navigation Systems for Size, Cost, and Mass Constrained Satellites , Omar Awad
Simulation and Verification of Phase Change Materials for Thermal Energy Storage , Marwan Mosubah Belaed
Control of a Human Arm Robotic Unit Using Augmented Reality and Optimized Kinematics , Carlo Canezo
Manipulation and Patterning of Mammalian Cells Using Vibrations and Acoustic Forces , Joel Cooper
Stable Adaptive Control Systems in the Presence of Unmodeled and Actuator Dynamics , Kadriye Merve Dogan
The Design and Development of a Wrist-Hand Orthosis , Amber Gatto
ROBOAT - Rescue Operations Bot Operating in All Terrains , Akshay Gulhane
Mitigation of Electromigration in Metal Interconnects Passivated by Ångstrom-Thin 2D Materials , Yunjo Jeong
Swimming of Pelagic Snails: Kinematics and Fluid Dynamics , Ferhat Karakas
Functional Gait Asymmetries Achieved Through Modeling and Understanding the Interaction of Multiple Gait Modulations , Fatemeh Rasouli
Distributed Control of Multiagent Systems under Heterogeneity , Selahattin Burak Sarsilmaz
Design and Implementation of Intuitive Human-robot Teleoperation Interfaces , Lei Wu
Laser Micropatterning Effects on Corrosion Resistance of Pure Magnesium Surfaces , Yahya Efe Yayoglu
Theses/Dissertations from 2019 2019
Synthesis and Characterization of Molybdenum Disulfide/Conducting Polymer Nanocomposite Materials for Supercapacitor Applications , Turki S. Alamro
Design of Shape-Morphing Structures Consisting of Bistable Compliant Mechanisms , Rami Alfattani
Low Temperature Multi Effects Desalination-Mechanical Vapor Compression Powered by Supercritical Organic Rankine Cycle , Eydhah Almatrafi
Experimental Results of a Model Reference Adaptive Control Approach on an Interconnected Uncertain Dynamical System , Kemberly Cespedes
Modeling of Buildings with Electrochromic Windows and Thermochromic Roofs , Hua-Ting Kao
Design and Testing of Experimental Langmuir Turbulence Facilities , Zongze Li
Solar Thermal Geothermal Hybrid System With a Bottoming Supercritical Organic Rankine Cycle , Francesca Moloney
Design and Testing of a Reciprocating Wind Harvester , Ahmet Topcuoglu
Distributed Spatiotemporal Control and Dynamic Information Fusion for Multiagent Systems , Dzung Minh Duc Tran
Controlled Wetting Using Ultrasonic Vibration , Matthew A. Trapuzzano
On Distributed Control of Multiagent Systems under Adverse Conditions , Emre Yildirim
Theses/Dissertations from 2018 2018
Synthesis and Characterization of Alpha-Hematite Nanomaterials for Water-Splitting Applications , Hussein Alrobei
Control of Uncertain Dynamical Systems with Spatial and Temporal Constraints , Ehsan Arabi
Simulation and Optimization of a Sheathless Size-Based Acoustic Particle Separator , Shivaraman Asoda
Simulation of Radiation Flux from Thermal Fluid in Origami Tubes , Robert R. Bebeau
Toward Verifiable Adaptive Control Systems: High-Performance and Robust Architectures , Benjamin Charles Gruenwald
Developing Motion Platform Dynamics for Studying Biomechanical Responses During Exercise for Human Spaceflight Applications , Kaitlin Lostroscio
Design and Testing of a Linear Compliant Mechanism with Adjustable Force Output , William Niemeier
Investigation of Thermal History in Large Area Projection Sintering, an Additive Manufacturing Technology , Justin Nussbaum
Acoustic Source Localization with a VTOL sUAV Deployable Module , Kory Olney
Defect Detection in Additive Manufacturing Utilizing Long Pulse Thermography , James Pierce
Design and Testing of a Passive Prosthetic Ankle Foot Optimized to Mimic an Able-Bodied Gait , Millicent Schlafly
Simulation of Turbulent Air Jet Impingement for Commercial Cooking Applications , Shantanu S. Shevade
Materials and Methods to Fabricate Porous Structures Using Additive Manufacturing Techniques , Mohsen Ziaee
Theses/Dissertations from 2017 2017
Large Area Sintering Test Platform Design and Preliminary Study on Cross Sectional Resolution , Christopher J. Gardiner
Enhanced Visible Light Photocatalytic Remediation of Organics in Water Using Zinc Oxide and Titanium Oxide Nanostructures , Srikanth Gunti
Heat Flux Modeling of Asymmetrically Heated and Cooled Thermal Stimuli , Matthew Hardy
Simulation of Hemiparetic Function Using a Knee Orthosis with Variable Impedance and a Proprioception Interference Apparatus , Christina-Anne Kathleen Lahiff
Synthesis, Characterization, and Application of Molybdenum Oxide Nanomaterials , Michael S. McCrory
Effects of Microstructure and Alloy Concentration on the Corrosion and Tribocorrosion Resistance of Al-Mn and WE43 Mg Alloys , Hesham Y. Saleh Mraied
Novel Transducer Calibration and Simulation Verification of Polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) Channels on Acoustic Microfluidic Devices , Scott T. Padilla
Force Compensation and Recreation Accuracy in Humans , Benjamin Rigsby
Experimental Evaluation of Cooling Effectiveness and Water Conservation in a Poultry House Using Flow Blurring ® Atomizers , Rafael M. Rodriguez
Media Velocity Considerations in Pleated Air Filtration , Frederik Carl Schousboe
Orthoplanar Spring Based Compliant Force/Torque Sensor for Robot Force Control , Jerry West
Experimental Study of High-Temperature Range Latent Heat Thermal Energy Storage , Chatura Wickramaratne
Theses/Dissertations from 2016 2016
Al/Ti Nanostructured Multilayers: from Mechanical, Tribological, to Corrosion Properties , Sina Izadi
Molybdenum Disulfide-Conducting Polymer Composite Structures for Electrochemical Biosensor Applications , Hongxiang Jia
Waterproofing Shape-Changing Mechanisms Using Origami Engineering; Also a Mechanical Property Evaluation Approach for Rapid Prototyping , Andrew Jason Katz
Hydrogen Effects on X80 Steel Mechanical Properties Measured by Tensile and Impact Testing , Xuan Li
Application and Analysis of Asymmetrical Hot and Cold Stimuli , Ahmad Manasrah
Droplet-based Mechanical Actuator Utilizing Electrowetting Effect , Qi Ni
Experimental and Computational Study on Fracture Mechanics of Multilayered Structures , Hai Thanh Tran
Designing the Haptic Interface for Morse Code , Michael Walker
Optimization and Characterization of Integrated Microfluidic Surface Acoustic Wave Sensors and Transducers , Tao Wang
Corrosion Characteristics of Magnesium under Varying Surface Roughness Conditions , Yahya Efe Yayoglu
Theses/Dissertations from 2015 2015
Carbon Dioxide (CO 2 ) Emissions, Human Energy, and Cultural Perceptions Associated with Traditional and Improved Methods of Shea Butter Processing in Ghana, West Africa , Emily Adams
Experimental Investigation of Encapsulated Phase Change Materials for Thermal Energy Storage , Tanvir E. Alam
Design Of Shape Morphing Structures Using Bistable Elements , Ahmad Alqasimi
Heat Transfer Analysis of Slot Jet Impingement onto Roughened Surfaces , Rashid Ali Alshatti
Systems Approach to Producing Electrospun Polyvinylidene Difluoride Fiber Webs with Controlled Fiber Structure and Functionality , Brian D. Bell
Self-Assembly Kinetics of Microscale Components: A Parametric Evaluation , Jose Miguel Carballo
Measuring Polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) Mechanical Properties Using Flat Punch Nanoindentation Focusing on Obtaining Full Contact , Federico De Paoli
A Numerical and Experimental Investigation of Flow Induced Noise In Hydraulic Counterbalance Valves , Mutasim Mohamed Elsheikh
An Experimental Study on Passive Dynamic Walking , Philip Andrew Hatzitheodorou
Use of Anaerobic Adhesive for Prevailing Torque Locking Feature on Threaded Product , Alan Hernandez
Viability of Bismuth as a Green Substitute for Lead in Jacketed .357 Magnum Revolver Bullets , Joel A. Jenkins
A Planar Pseudo-Rigid-Body Model for Cantilevers Experiencing Combined Endpoint Forces and Uniformly Distributed Loads Acting in Parallel , Philip James Logan
Kinematic Control of Redundant Mobile Manipulators , Mustafa Mashali
Passive Symmetry in Dynamic Systems and Walking , Haris Muratagic
Mechanical Properties of Laser-Sintered-Nylon Diamond Lattices , Clayton Neff
Design, Fabrication and Analysis of a Paver Machine Push Bar Mechanism , Mahendra Palnati
Synthesis, Characterization, and Electrochemical Properties of Polyaniline Thin Films , Soukaina Rami
A Technical and Economic Comparative Analysis of Sensible and Latent Heat Packed Bed Storage Systems for Concentrating Solar Thermal Power Plants , Jamie Trahan
Use of FDM Components for Ion Beam and Vacuum Applications , Eric Miguel Tridas
The Development of an Adaptive Driving Simulator , Sarah Marie Tudor
Dual 7-Degree-of-Freedom Robotic Arm Remote Teleoperation Using Haptic Devices , Yu-Cheng Wang
Ductility and Use of Titanium Alloy and Stainless Steel Aerospace Fasteners , Jarrod Talbott Whittaker
- Email Notifications and RSS
- All Collections
- USF Faculty Publications
- Open Access Journals
- Conferences and Events
- Theses and Dissertations
- Textbooks Collection
- Rights Information
- Submit Research
Home | About | Help | My Account | Accessibility Statement | Language and Diversity Statements
ODU Digital Commons
Home > Engineering & Technology > Engineering Management & Systems Engineering > ETDs
Engineering Management & Systems Engineering Theses & Dissertations
Theses and dissertations published by graduate students in the Department of Engineering Management and Systems Engineering, College of Engineering, Old Dominion University since Fall 2016 are available in this collection. Backfiles of all dissertations (and some theses) have also been added.
In late Fall 2023 or Spring 2024, all theses will be digitized and available here. In the meantime, consult the Library Catalog to find older items in print.
Theses/Dissertations from 2023 2023
Dissertation: Systemic Risk Analysis of Human Factors in Phishing , Mark Guilford
Dissertation: Human Psychology Factors Influencing Agile Team Autonomy in Post-Pandemic Remote Software Organizations , Ravikiran Kalluri
Dissertation: Reinforcing Digital Trust for Cloud Manufacturing Through Data Provenance Using Ethereum Smart Contracts , Trupti Narayan Rane
Dissertation: Electric Vehicle Routing Problem – Models and Algorithms , Hesamoddin Tahami
Theses/Dissertations from 2022 2022
Dissertation: A Systems Theory-Based Framework for Environmental Scanning in Complex System Governance , Dale E. Baugh
Dissertation: Learning Curve Characterization Within Complex Low-Rate Production Environments , Robert J. Gies
Thesis: Acquisition Career Progression Model for Navy Explosive Ordnance Disposal Officers , Andrew John Heckel
Dissertation: Hard-Real-Time Computing Performance in a Cloud Environment , Alvin Cornelius Murphy
Dissertation: A Quality Systems Economic-Risk Design Theoretical Framework , Abdallah S. Thefeid
Dissertation: Predictors of Email Response: Determinants of the Intention of not Following Security Recommendations , Miguel Angel Toro-Jarrin
Dissertation: Complex System Governance Leadership , David C. Walters
Theses/Dissertations from 2021 2021
Thesis: Quantifying Cyber Risk by Integrating Attack Graph and Impact Graph , Omer F. Keskin
Dissertation: Cybersecurity Risk Assessment Using Graph Theoretical Anomaly Detection and Machine Learning , Goksel Kucukkaya
Dissertation: Application of a Blockchain Enabled Model in Disaster Aids Supply Network Resilience , Farinaz Sabz Ali Pour
Theses/Dissertations from 2020 2020
Dissertation: A Framework for Adaptive Capacity in Complex Systems , Abdulrahman Alfaqiri
Thesis: Engineering Management Competencies: A Framework for Present and Future Engineering Environments , Christopher Vaughn Barrett
Dissertation: DOD Mission Engineering and Integration Explorative-Exploitative Architecture for Technology Innovation , Jose L. Bricio-Neto
Dissertation: A Quest to Identify the Emerging Leadership Skills in VUCA World and Investigation of Their Applications in Various Organizational Levels and Security Environments , Ali Can Kucukozyigit
Dissertation: Cyber-Assets at Risk (CAR): Monetary Impact of Personally Identifiable Information Data Breaches on Companies , Omer Ilker Poyraz
Dissertation: Using Interacting Multiple Model Filters to Indicate Program Risk , Amy Sunshine Smith-Carroll
Dissertation: An Investigation on the Effectiveness of a Problem Structuring Method in a Group Decision-Making Process , Ying Thaviphoke
Dissertation: A Core Reference Hierarchical Primitive Ontology for Electronic Medical Records Semantics Interoperability , Ziniya Zahedi
Dissertation: Human Error in Commercial Fishing Vessel Accidents: An Investigation Using the Human Factors Analysis and Classification System , Peter J. Zohorsky
Theses/Dissertations from 2019 2019
Dissertation: Evaluating Stakeholder Bias in Stakeholder Analysis In Social Media , Ahmad A. Bajarwan
Dissertation: An Investigation of General Criteria for Assessing Space Flight Systems of Diverse Mission Concept Designs , Cindy L. Daniels
Dissertation: Knowledge Sharing and Creative Confidence in Promoting Employees’ Creative Behavior , Elnaz Dario
Dissertation: Optimization of Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV) Fleet Size With Incorporation of Battery Management , Ahmed Hamdy
Dissertation: An Exploratory Study of Engineering Identity Development in African American Youth , Coletta Elayne Johnson Bey
Dissertation: Identifying and Quantifying Personnel Skills Gaps , Martin Joseph McKenney
Dissertation: Measuring Risks of Interdependencies in Enterprise Systems: An Application to Ghana’s Salt Enterprise , Yaw Mensah
Dissertation: Quantifying Impact of Cyber Actions on Missions or Business Processes: A Multilayer Propagative Approach , Unal Tatar
Dissertation: Development and Initial Evaluation of a Reinforced Cue Detection Model to Assess Situation Awareness in Commercial Aircraft Cockpits , Aysen K. Taylor
Dissertation: A Comparison of Multi-Attribute Utility Theory, the Analytic Hierarchy Process, the Analytic Network Process, and New Hybrid Approaches for a Case Study Involving Radon , Jesse Ray Toepfer
Dissertation: The Resilient City: A Platform for Informed Decision-Making Process , Jarutpong Vasuthanasub
Theses/Dissertations from 2018 2018
Dissertation: A Framework for Executable Systems Modeling , Matthew Amissah
Dissertation: The Influence of Engineers on Public Policy , Sarah Bouazzaoui
Dissertation: Contextual Framework of Communications Functions Supporting Complex System Governance , Charles Wesley Chesterman Jr.
Dissertation: A Representation of Tactical and Strategic Precursors of Supply Network Resilience Using Simulation Based Experiments , Yaneth C. Correa-Martinez
Dissertation: Sequence-Based Simulation-Optimization Framework With Application to Port Operations at Multimodal Container Terminals , Mariam Aladdin Kotachi
Dissertation: Human-Intelligence and Machine-Intelligence Decision Governance Formal Ontology , Faisal Mahmud
Dissertation: Exploring Critical Success Factors of Community Development Projects , Kevin Wanjama Muchiri
Dissertation: A Multi-Level Longitudinal Investigation of Transformational Leadership Influence on Team Members Development in Engineering Project Teams , Nathapon Siangchokyoo
Dissertation: Understanding the Impact of Large-Scale Power Grid Architectures on Performance , Ange-Lionel Toba
Dissertation: Case Study on the Development of Engineering Design Modification Projects for U.S. Nuclear Power Plants: A Knowledge Retention Tool in Support of the Longevity and Resilience of the Nuclear Power Industry , Pamela M. Torres-Jiménez
Theses/Dissertations from 2017 2017
Thesis: Role of Requirements Engineering in Software Project’s Success , Sujatha Alla
Dissertation: A Hilbert Space Geometric Representation of Shared Awareness and Joint Decision Making , Mustafa Canan
Dissertation: An Investigation into Perceived Productivity and Its Influence on the Relationship Between Organizational Climate and Affective Commitment , Kaitlynn Marie Castelle
Dissertation: Emergency Diesel-Electric Generator Set Maintenance and Test Periodicity , Stephen John Fehr
Thesis: Initiating Event Analysis of a Lithium Fluoride Thorium Reactor , Nicholas Charles Geraci
Thesis: Impact of a Localized Lean Six Sigma Implementation on Overall Patient Safety and Process Efficiency , Luvianca G. Gil-Moreno
Dissertation: Diversity Team Building: Impact on Virtual Team Performance , Nina C. Magpili-Smith
Dissertation: Implementation of a Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis (MCDA) Toolkit to Aid in Ranking Naval Mission Vessel Combinations With Uncertainty , Andrew R. Miller
Dissertation: A Predictor Analysis Framework for Surface Radiation Budget Reprocessing Using Design of Experiments , Patricia Allison Quigley
Dissertation: Analysis of Project Management System Structure Using the Viable System Model (VSM) , Joseph A. Sisti
Dissertation: Planning and Team Shared Mental Models as Predictors of Team Collaborative Processes , Zikai Zhou
Dissertation: Methodology to Perform Cyber Lethality Assessment , Matthew W. Zurasky
Theses/Dissertations from 2016 2016
Dissertation: Systems Theory Based Architecture Framework for Complex System Governance , Bry Carter
Dissertation: Profit Based Simulation Model for The Rail Transportation Industry , Mark Patrick Doran
Thesis: Design and Implementation of a Virtual Team Collaboration System , Syed Ehsan
Dissertation: A General Theory of Emergence in Engineered Systems , John J. Johnson IV
Dissertation: Improvement of Work Process Performance with Task Assignments and Mental Workload Balancing , Cansu Kandemir
Dissertation: An Outcome-Based Competency Model for Systems Engineering Trainees , Vanessa J. Pietrzyk
Dissertation: A Hybrid Tabu/Scatter Search Algorithm for Simulation-Based Optimization of Multi-Objective Runway Operations Scheduling , Bulent Soykan
Thesis: Extension of the Gravity Model: A Risk Integrated Approach Towards the Impact Analysis of Mega Sports Events on Inbound Tourist Arrivals , Abdul Sami Stanekzai
Dissertation: A Retrospective Study of Amusement Ride Restraint and Containment Systems: Identifying Design Challenges for Statistically Rare Anthropometric Cases , Paula M. Stenzler
Theses/Dissertations from 2015 2015
Dissertation: An Approach for the Development of Complex Systems Archetypes , Walter Lee Akers
Dissertation: Meta-RaPS Hybridization with Machine Learning Algorithms , Fatemah Al-Duoli
Dissertation: Management and Leadership Style: Is Style Influenced by Engineering Education? , Jesse Levi Calloway
Dissertation: Key Factors Driving Personnel Downsizing in Multinational Military Organizations , Ilksen Gorkem
Dissertation: A Framework to Simplify the Choice of Alternative Analysis and Selection Methods , James Paul Lewis Holzgrefe
Dissertation: Systems Theory-Based Construct for Identifying Metasystem Pathologies for Complex System Governance , Polinpapilinho F. Katina
Dissertation: An Analysis of the Relationship Between Military Leaders' Operational Adaptability and Knowledge Transfer , Vahap Kavaker
Thesis: Improving Response Characteristics of Split Ring Resonators Using Experimental Designs , Omer Faruk Keskin
Dissertation: Examining the Relationship Between Leadership Decision Making Styles and Personality Type Within the Department of Defense , Antoine Lamont Prince Sr.
Dissertation: Command and Control in the Information Age: A Case Study of a Representative Air Power Command and Control Node , Marvin Leo Simpson Jr.
Dissertation: The Role of Diversity on Team Effectiveness in a Multinational and Multicultural Military Environment , Mustafa Utoglu
Dissertation: Safety Culture Monitoring: A Management Approach for Assessing Nuclear Safety Culture Health Performance Utilizing Multiple-Criteria Decision Analysis , James Harold Warren Jr.
Theses/Dissertations from 2014 2014
Dissertation: A Systems-Based Framework for the Assessment of Performance Measurement System Implementations in R&D Organizations , Kenneth S. Baggett Jr.
Dissertation: Human Capital Management Within the Federal Government Utilizing Generational Stratification With a Focus on Generation Y , Ian Nathaniel Barford
Dissertation: Time-Based Collision Risk Modeling for Air Traffic Management , Alan E. Bell
Dissertation: An Investigation of Business Transformation Disruptors at the Military Strategic Command Level , Thomas Bock
Dissertation: Systems Theory Based Framework for Competency Models , Joseph M. Bradley
Dissertation: An Instrument to Assess Individual Capacity for System Thinking , Ra'ed M. Jaradat
Dissertation: Assessing the Impact of Electronic Health Record Systems Implementation on Hospital Patient Perceptions of Care , Katherine Sofia Palacio Salgar
Dissertation: Graphical Display of the Effect of Three Cash Flow Elements for Sensitivity Analysis , Kawintorn Pothanun
Dissertation: Self-Regulating Teamwork Behaviors in Low-Volume & High-Complexity Production , Aaron W. Powell
Dissertation: An Investigation into the Analysis of Truncated Standard Normal Distributions Using Heuristic Techniques , John Walter Ralls
Dissertation: A Method to Define Requirements for System of Systems , Randy Gene Walker
Dissertation: The Relationship Among HFACS Levels and Analysis of Human Factors in Unmanned and Manned Air Vehicles , Veysel Yesilbas
Theses/Dissertations from 2013 2013
Dissertation: System Governance Analysis of Complex Systems , Behnido Y. Calida
Dissertation: Shared Leadership in Six Sigma Teams From the North Shore-LIJ Health System , Brian J. Galli
Dissertation: An Expert Based Multi Attribute Group Decision Making (MAGDM) Model for Portfolio Evaluation: Application on Ground Force Units , Metin Gultekin
Dissertation: Approximate Algorithms for the Combined arrival-Departure Aircraft Sequencing and Reactive Scheduling Problems on Multiple Runways , Gulsah Hancerliogullari
Dissertation: The RQ-Tech Methodology: A New Paradigm for Conceptualizing Strategic Enterprise Architectures , Christine Ann Hoyland
Dissertation: Micro to Macro Dynamics of Shared Awareness Emergence in Situations Theory: Towards a General Theory of Shared Awareness , Samuel F. Kavacic
Dissertation: Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division Engagement Systems (G) Department Development of a Plan to Maintain, Expand, and Create Corporate Knowledge , Luis J. Rodriguez
Dissertation: An Epistemological Inquiry into the Incorporation of Emergency Management Concept in the Homeland Security with a Post-Disaster Security Centric Focus , Mehmet Secilmis
Theses/Dissertations from 2012 2012
Dissertation: Incorporating Memory and Learning Mechanisms Into Meta-RaPS , Arif Arin
Dissertation: Assessing Resiliency and Sustainability in an Intelligence Infrastructure System , Shelly Dawn Bumphus
Dissertation: Evaluating Network Analysis and Agent Based Modeling for Investigating the Stability of Commercial Air Carrier Schedules , Sheila Ruth Conway
- Notify me via email or RSS
- Author Guidelines
- Engineering Management & Systems Engineering Website
- Other Digital Collections
- ODU Libraries
- Old Dominion University
Home | About | FAQ | My Account | Accessibility Statement
Engineering Dissertation Topics
A dissertation (or a final year project report) is a comprehensive technical report of the research work carried out. A dissertation must present some new, original concepts that lead to further research. The core area of a dissertation consists of a hypothesis (or a research question) upon which an investigation is conducted and, in most cases, inevitably leads to further research. A dissertation must be focused, concise and must address the research topics at every level. Also, along with research, a dissertation is expected to present complete evidence of research work in the form of research methods. Sometimes it’s hard to even know where to start. Herein, many engineering research areas, currently being sought after in the industry and academia, are suggested, including electronics, sensors technology, environmental engineering, supply chain engineering, computer science engineering, electrical engineering and civil engineering, to help you start your research.
- Electronics and Communication Dissertation Topics
Sensors Technology Dissertation Topics
Environmental engineering dissertation topics, supply chain engineering dissertation topics, supply chain management dissertation topics, computer science engineering dissertation topics, electrical engineering dissertation topics, civil engineering dissertation topics, management related engineering dissertation topics, electronics and communications dissertation topics.
Over the past decade the rise of electronic communication has been revolutionised; it is the fastest growing technology. There are numerous areas of research in this field; however, the most demanding ones are highlighted below.
- Defining the boundaries of electrical signals for current electronics (communication) systems.
- The limitation of fibre optic communication systems and the possibility of further improving their efficiency.
- Developing the embedded communication system for the national grid to optimise energy usage.
- Improvement of inter-symbol interference in optical communications.
- A study of the various forms of errors and the development of an equalisation technique to reduce the error rates in data.
- Gaussian pulse analysis and the improvement of this pulse to reduce errors.
- Realising the potential of RFID in the improvement of supply chain.
- Radiation in integrated circuits and electronic devices.
- Design of high speed communication circuits that effectively cut down signal noise.
- Spectral sensing research for water monitoring applications and frontier science and technology for chemical, biological and radiological defence.
- Nano-structured membranes for preparative purifications of biopharmaceuticals.
The rise of smart technology has been revolutionising sensor technologies, and there is a high demand to make more efficient and compact sensors. The following topics are a few areas that researchers are currently working in to realise further potentials.
- Design and development of a pressure sensor for a solar thermal panel.
- An investigation into wind speed and direction sensors to optimise the operations of wind turbines.
- Utilising MEMS for profiling airflow around large building structures.
- Development of micro sensors to measure oil flow rate in tanks.
- Development and implementation of micro sensors to study pressure of the blood stream.
- Development of sensors to measure heat generated from solar panels.
- Sensing and controlling the intensity of light in LEDs.
- Research and computational simulation of a natural olfactory biosensor.
- Development of glucose biosensors using nanotechnology.
We are living in the age of technology where the driving force is to reduce the environmental impact of engineering products. Many countries have been undertaking projects supporting the environment and aiming to reduce carbon emissions. The following engineering dissertation topics are of utmost interest for researchers in the industry.
- Analysing the impact of aviation industry on the environment and the potential ways to reduce it.
- The environmental cost of the so called green energy, ‘wind energy’.
- An analysis of factors that hinder the realising of cutting-edge technology for reducing carbon emissions from automobiles.
- Design and development of a system for measuring the carbon index of an energy intensive company.
- Process improvement techniques to identify and remove waste in the automotive industry.
- Process mapping techniques to identify bottle necks for supply chain industry.
- A study of compressor operations on a forging site and mapping operations to identify and remove energy waste.
- Improving processes to reduce kWh usage and reduce inefficiencies.
- Developing a compact device to measure energy use for a household.
- In the forging industry how can changing burners within furnaces help organisations achieve energy efficiency?
- How can gas consumption be reduced and efficiency introduced to reduce kWh usage?
- How can voltage reduction devices help organisations achieve efficiency in electricity usage?
- What are carbon credits and how can organisations generate them?
- There are some organisations that use water excessively, with bills totalling more than £25,000. Identify the main reasons for such water usage and investigate better ways to introduce water efficiency and create savings.
- Identify the ways by which efficient control systems using information systems can be introduced to study the energy usage in a machining factory.
- A project to set up ways to measure natural gas flow ultrasonically and identify waste areas.
- How can water conductivity probes help determine water quality and how can water be reused?
Supply chain plays an important role in the manufacturing business sector. It is important that the supply chain is well supported by efficient methods and processes. Your engineering dissertation topics could be about:
- Highlighting the difference between the supply chain engineering and management for a company to improve output.
- Analysing the key factors in process planning and optimisation of supply chain for a manufacturing company.
- Developing a supply chain template for a small but thriving online business.
- How can organisations achieve success by reducing bottlenecks in supply chain?
- Just-in-time – is it really valid? Measurement of losses within just-in-time process implementation.
- How can process efficiency be introduced to reduce waste within the manufacturing process?
- Supplier relationship is an important factor for the success of just-in-time. How can organisations ensure successful transactions?
- Research to identify efficient logistics operations within a supply chain.
- Research to introduce efficiency within information systems and support timely transfer of knowledge and information.
- The effect of globalisation on supply chain engineering/management for large multi-national companies.
- Research studying the impact of culture on supply chain industries: identification of factors that generate inefficiencies with the supply chain.
Supply chain management involves the administration, management, control and supervision of the movement of goods and services from supplier to manufacturer to wholesaler to retailer and to the end consumer. Supply chain management involves coordinating and integrating these elements using an effective and efficient approach and methodology. Supply chain management is important for businesses to ensure there is minimum waste, drive innovation thereby creating integrated value chains. Supply chain management plays an important and central role in the success of a business. Please find a list of topics on supply chain management that may be useful for your engineering dissertation:
- A detailed investigation into the need and use of dynamic staff to determine and rectify supply chain problems with a specific focus on the construction industry.
- Research into eco-friendly and sustainable practices in supply chain management.
- Research to develop a learning organisation and its impact on supply chain management.
- Research to measure and develop intellectual capital within the supply chain industry.
- A detailed study of innovative forecasting and demand planning strategies for supply chain management
- Research study to create measurements to study the impact of learning organisation on performance measurement in supply chain industry
- Impact of training on knowledge performance index within supply chain industry.
- The behaviour of Carbon index with the implementation of a learning organisation.
- Developing a framework for supply chain management in densely populated urban cities
- Detailed investigation and analysis taking into account supply chain and logistical strategies for perishable goods.
- The influence and impact of emerging e-commerce technologies on supply chain management.
Computer science engineering focuses on the key elements of computer programming and networking with a focus on gaining knowledge of the design, implementation and management of information systems. Information systems play a major role in computer science engineering and an integral component to the successful operations of organisations. The management of information technology systems is a major element for organisations. The following could be used for an engineering dissertation as well as a computing dissertation:
- How can organisations ensure that information system is effectively used to maintain process efficiency?
- How can learning organisations influence the development of information systems?
- The role of risk management in information technology systems of organisations.
- Research to identify and reduce e-waste using information technology strategies and systems.
- Current status and research on E-waste in the United Kingdom
- Development of measurement systems to measure e-waste.
- A detailed review of the role of information technology in improving productivity and transforming organisations.
- An investigation into the use of information technology as a tool for sustained competitive advantage.
- A high-level investigation and detailed review into best practices for the implementation of information technology in modern day organisations.
Electrical engineering is focused on the design, development, testing, supervision and the manufacturing of electrical equipment. Electrical engineers design the electrical systems of automobiles, aircrafts, power generation equipment, communications systems, radar and navigational systems. The design and development of these electrical components are key and central to modern day life. There are several topics within this area that you could research for your electrical engineering dissertation:
- Development of a system to study the efficiency of motors in order to reduce kWh usage
- Setting up of a control system to monitor the process usage of compressors.
- Develop a scheme to normalise compressor output to kWh.
- Research to investigate, develop and introduce schemes to ensure efficient energy consumption by electrical machines.
- Research to study transformer losses and reduce energy loss.
- Research to study metering techniques to control and improve efficiency.
- Research to introduce smart metering concepts to ensure efficient use of electricity.
- Integration of smart metering pulsed outputs with wireless area networks and access real-time data.
- Developing effective strategies and methodical systems for pay as you go charging for electric vehicles
- A detailed review and investigation into the key issues and challenges facing rechargeable lithium batteries
- Trends and challenges in electric vehicles technologies
- Smart charging of electric vehicles on the motorway
The main emphasis of civil engineering in recent times is focused on sustainable development of quality, durable structures that deliver value for money, maximise the benefits from innovation and meets the specifications of the end users. Construction of sustainable houses has been a top priority within civil engineering. The following research topics are being actively undertaken and may be a good area for you to base your research on your own engineering dissertation:
- Development of sustainable homes making use of renewable energy sources.
- The use of sustainable materials for construction: design and delivery methods.
- The role of environmental assessment tools in sustainable construction
- The use of warm mix asphalt in road construction
- Research to study properties of concrete to achieve sustainability.
- Development of waste reduction strategy to achieve sustainable concepts
- High-level review of the barriers and drivers for sustainable buildings in developing countries
- Research to study the impact of sustainability concepts on organisational growth and development.
- Sustainable technologies for the building construction industry
- Building Information Modelling in the construction industry
- Research regarding micromechanics of granular materials.
- Research to study and develop water treatment processes.
- Research to set up remote sensing applications to assist in the development of sustainable construction techniques.
- High-level strategies, best practice guidelines and methodologies for sustainable construction.
- State of the art practice for recycling in the construction industry.
- Key factors and risk factors associated with the construction of high rise buildings.
- An investigation into health and safety in the construction industry.
Engineering management is the application of the practice of management to the practice of engineering. Engineering management integrates problem-solving, engineering, technological developments and advancements in organizational structure, administrative, and planning abilities of management in order to oversee the operational performance of complex engineering driven enterprises. These two topics go hand in hand and support each other quite well. It is important that both sides are well balanced. The following research topics could be useful for your engineering dissertation:
- Steps to conduct management of change to ensure smooth process improvement.
- Research to sustainably manage a project team.
- Research to study the management of engineering projects and various risks involved with them.
- Research to identify process improvement plans to support business strategies.
- Efficient supply chain management to ensure and develop key motivational skills within staff members.
- How leadership can help efficiency within a learning organisation.
- Developing an integrated approach to strategic management in organisations.
- Creating and sustaining competitive advantage in engineering organisations.
- Developing frameworks for sustainable assessments taking into account eco-engineering measures.
- The role of engineers in managing development in emerging countries.
Copyright © Ivory Research Co Ltd. All rights reserved. All forms of copying, distribution or reproduction are strictly prohibited and will be prosecuted to the Full Extent of Law.
You may also like
- © 2020
Achieving Success with the Engineering Dissertation
- Petra Gratton 0 ,
- Guy Gratton 1
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Brunel University London, Uxbridge, UK
You can also search for this author in PubMed Google Scholar
School of Aerospace, Transport and Manufacturing, Cranfield University, Cranfield, UK
Aimed at all engineering students conducting both major projects and dissertations
Includes advice on engaging with external project clients
Relates the dissertation to future job searches and success
Lists opportunities to engage with national or international competitions
- Table of contents
About this book
Authors and affiliations, about the authors, bibliographic information, buying options.
- Available as EPUB and PDF
- Read on any device
- Instant download
- Own it forever
- Compact, lightweight edition
- Dispatched in 3 to 5 business days
- Free shipping worldwide - see info
- Durable hardcover edition
Tax calculation will be finalised at checkout
Other ways to access
This is a preview of subscription content, access via your institution .
Table of contents (16 chapters)
Front matter, what is the dissertation.
- Petra Gratton, Guy Gratton
Objectives and Expectations
How to be the student who achieves success, selecting the project, the opening literature review, the project plan, designing the dissertation, acting professionally, presenting data, presenting engineering analysis, drawing and presenting conclusions, making recommendations, the dissertation and the job, publishing onwards, back matter.
The dissertation is the single most important component of an engineering degree, not only carrying the most marks, but bridging from academic study to professional practice. Achieving Success with the Engineering Dissertation describes the different types of dissertation, how to pick the best project and how a student can prepare themselves to succeed with their own dissertation.
Achieving Success with the Engineering Dissertation will be of use to both undergraduate and postgraduate students in all fields of Engineering, and to their supervisors.
- Engineering Dissertation
- Technical Writing
- Project Success
- Presentation of Data
- Dissertation Competitions
- Research Project
- Design and Build
- Student Project with External Clients
- Engineering Student Projects
- How to Choose Engineering Project
- Design Based Dissertation
- Dissertation and Employability
Book Title : Achieving Success with the Engineering Dissertation
Authors : Petra Gratton, Guy Gratton
DOI : https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-33192-4
Publisher : Springer Cham
eBook Packages : Engineering , Engineering (R0)
Copyright Information : Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
Hardcover ISBN : 978-3-030-33191-7 Published: 23 January 2020
Softcover ISBN : 978-3-030-33194-8 Published: 23 January 2021
eBook ISBN : 978-3-030-33192-4 Published: 22 January 2020
Edition Number : 1
Number of Pages : XV, 279
Number of Illustrations : 53 b/w illustrations, 26 illustrations in colour
Topics : Job Careers in Science and Engineering , Thesis and Dissertation , Engineering/Technology Education
- Find a journal
- Publish with us
- How it works
How much will your dissertation cost?
Have an expert academic write your dissertation paper!
Get unlimited topic ideas and a dissertation plan for just £45.00
Order topics and plan
Get 1 free topic in your area of study with aim and justification
Yes I want the free topic
Engineering Dissertation Topics – Selected Industry-Oriented Topics
Published by Owen Ingram at January 2nd, 2023 , Revised On August 18, 2023
Engineering is one of the most rewarding careers for students. With solid research, investigation and analysis, engineering students dig deep through different engineering ideas throughout the length of their degree programmes.
All undergraduate, Master and Phd engineering students must complete a dissertation on a topic that adds some value to their area of study.
Engineering is a branch of science that deals with the design and creation of products, machines, systems, and processes. Engineering students are responsible for the overall implementation of engineering projects, i.e., the invention of new products or services, the design of new products and systems, development of new processes, materials, or methods.
Here are some of the many responsibilities of an engineer.
- Engineers design machines, buildings, and systems that help people do their jobs more quickly or efficiently.
- They determine ways to make devices safer, faster, or more efficient.
- Engineers create new technology to automate manual work and save time.
Engineering topics can be divided into different disciplines, such as civil, electrical, mechanical, and industrial. So without further delay, here are the engineering dissertation topics you have been looking for.
Engineering Dissertation Topics
Civil engineers design and oversee construction projects such as roads, bridges, hospitals, water treatment plants, and airports.
Civil Engineering Dissertation Topics
The following list of civil engineering dissertation topics will help you with your next dissertation essay.
- Bridges and Tunnels
- Environment and Climate Change
- Building Structure
- Planning and management in the construction industry
- Construction technology
- Sustainable construction materials
- Health, safety, and environment
- Building information modelling (BIM)
- Smart buildings
- Construction management and project management
- Sustainable design
Complete list of civil engineering dissertation topics
Electrical engineers design and develop complex electrical machines, electronic devices, and power systems. They also use their skills to solve problems in robotics, medical technology, computer engineering, and other technologies.
Electrical Engineering Dissertation Topics
There are many research topics in Electrical Engineering. Some of them are listed below:
- Electrical circuits and devices
- Electrical systems, devices, and components
- Electrical power engineering
- Power electronics and power generation
- Power transmission
- Power distribution
- Control and automation
- Transmission systems
- Signal processing and communications
- Electronic engineering system design
How Can Research Prospect Help?
Research Prospect writers can send several custom topic ideas to your email address. Once you have chosen a topic that suits your needs and interests, you can order for our dissertation outline service which will include a brief introduction to the topic, research questions , literature review , methodology , expected results , and conclusion . The dissertation outline will enable you to review the quality of our work before placing the order for our full dissertation writing service!
Mechanical engineers design and develop engines, cars, aeroplanes, and other machinery used in factories. They also help manufacturers improve product quality by creating processes that increase efficiency while reducing costs.
Mechanical engineering covers a wide range of topics, from the materials used in the design and construction of products to the analysis of complex systems and processes. The field is diverse, but some of the many fields of topics may include.
Mechanical Engineering Dissertation Topics
The following list includes some of the most common topics in mechanical engineering:
- Human factors and systems engineering
- Design for manufacturing
- Machine design and control
- Manufacturing systems
- Materials science, engineering, and technology
- Manufacturing process technology, product design, and development
- Engineered materials and structures
- Materials processing, fabrication, and inspection technologies
- Mechanics of materials (including solid mechanics)
- Thermodynamics and heat transfer in engineering systems
Complete list of mechanical engineering dissertation topics.
Industrial engineers work with manufacturing companies to improve efficiency by redesigning processes. An example to see how products move through production lines or how workers perform their jobs more effectively.
Industrial Engineering Dissertation Topics
- Sustainable development and its impact on the environment
- Design of products and services to meet the needs of the consumer
- Industrial safety and health management systems
- Energy-efficient products, processes, and buildings
- Sustainable production systems
- Environmental Management System (EMS) for manufacturing industries
- Intelligent materials, devices, and systems
- Managing natural resources in an environmentally responsible way
View chemical engineering dissertation topics here.
Computer engineers are concerned with all aspects of information technology, including hardware, software, and systems. Computer engineers analyze problems in computer science and apply their knowledge to design new processes and devices. They may specialize in areas such as artificial intelligence or embedded systems.
Computer Engineering Dissertation Topics
- Designing a system to provide an automated control system for an aircraft
- Computer organization, software engineering, and programming languages
- Design of a computer-based neural network controller for use in controlling an aircraft
- Creation of a computer program to simulate the operation of a molecule in a given chemical reaction
- Development of a real-time software package for the control of complex industrial machines
- Development of an intelligent software system for controlling large-scale industrial processes
Computer engineering dissertation topics complete list.
Order a Proposal
Worried about your dissertation proposal? Not sure where to start?
- Choose any deadline
- Plagiarism free
- Unlimited free amendments
- Free anti-plagiarism report
- Completed to match exact requirements
Metallurgy engineers are involved in designing and constructing equipment to extract metals from ores. They also develop processes for treating the ores to recover valuable metals and other materials sold at high prices because of their growing demands. Moreover, metallurgical engineers may specialize in producing steel by smelting iron ore or coal into pig iron (a low-grade form of steel). They may also work with other types of scarce metals in a limited quantity under the earth’s crust, such as aluminum or titanium.
Metallurgy Engineering Dissertation Topics
- The use of Nickel and Nickel Alloys in the Manufacturing Industry
- The Effect of Processing Techniques on the Properties of Ferrous Metals
- Corrosion Resistance of Stainless Steels
- Corrosion Behavior and Corrosion Inhibiting Mechanisms in Ferrous Metals
- Corrosion and Corrosion Resistance Control in Cast Iron and Steel Castings and Forgings
- Corrosion Control in High-Strength Low-Alloy Steels by Selective Annealing
- Corrosion Behavior in Stainless Steels Used for Structural Applications
- Mechanical Properties of Ferrous Metallics by Thermal Treatment and Chemical Modification Methods
Needless to say, engineering is a diverse field with a pool of opportunities for those looking to build a career in this booming field. If you’re still wondering which engineering topice is best for you, the choice will depend on your interests and abilities.
Therefore, it’s best to take some time and explore different options before choosing a topic Hopefully, the above engineering dissertation topics will help you write an appealing dissertation for your final year.
Free Dissertation Topic
Academic Level Select Academic Level Undergraduate Graduate PHD
Area of Research
Frequently Asked Questions
How to find dissertation topics about engineering.
For engineering dissertation topics:
- Research recent advancements.
- Identify industry challenges.
- Explore interdisciplinary areas.
- Consult experts and professors.
- Analyze practical applications.
- Select a topic aligning with your passion and career goals.
You May Also Like
Auditing dissertation study provides professionals and students with a variety of chances to improve quality in healthcare and commercial organizations.
Even though event management seems easy, it is actually quite complex once you study it. If you study event management with an instructor who is committed to teaching you with integrity, it can be manageable.
US foreign policy has evolved significantly since the country’s inception. Since 1776, the US government has employed various strategies to protect and advance its interests abroad
Ready to place an order?
Useful links, learning resources.
- How It Works
Theses and Dissertations Guide: For Engineering Students
- Graduation Deadlines
- Graduation Checklist
- Citing Images
- ETD Formatting Video
- Sample Pages
- Avoiding Plagiarism This link opens in a new window
- Submitting Your Manuscript
- For Students in the College
- For Engineering Students
- For Education Students
- Digital Accessibility for ETDs
- Requesting Bound Copies
- Frequently Asked Questions
- OhioLINK ETD Center
For Students in the School of Engineering
* All theses and dissertations should be sent to [email protected] e lectronically for a format check at least one week prior to the final submission date. This will prevent the unnecessary reprinting of documents or other delays if errors in formatting are found.
School of Engineering students should submit their finalized thesis or dissertation to their respective departments. If the student wants to have one or more commercially bound copies, they must submit a paper copy for each bound copy desired to Graduate Academic Affairs (St. Mary's Hall, Room 200). Up to three bound copies may be requested at no additional charge. Additional copies may be bound for a nominal fee.
Optional LaTeX Template with Accessibility Update
- Optional LaTeX Template 07/23 This is a zip file.
An optional LaTeX template has been provided by the School of Engineering. Please consult your thesis committee for assistance, if needed. The Libraries do not provide training or support for LaTeX.
Please convert any LaTeX document to PDF before submitting to Graduate Academic Affairs.
LaTeX users - review LaTex Thesis Template for UD (accessible from Overleaf)
Find out more about LaTeX at http://www.latex-project.org/
Sample Approval Page
- Sample Engineering Approval Page
All School of Engineering graduate students should construct their approval page according to the attached sample. If you have questions or concerns about constructing this page, please contact the administrative assistant in your department.
See the Sample Pages tab for information about constructing other preliminary pages.
Delaying Electronic Publication of a Thesis or Dissertation
In some circumstances, a student may wish to delay the electronic publication of a thesis or dissertation. While the University generally promotes the publication of theses and dissertations as quickly as possible, it is recognized that under certain circumstances, a delay is warranted. These may include: when the student wishes to publish an article from the thesis or dissertation in a journal whose policy is not to publish material that has already been published electronically; when the student wishes to publish the thesis or dissertation with a publisher whose policy is not to publish material that has already been published electronically; or, when the student is in the process of applying for a patent on research contained in the thesis or dissertation and does not wish to disclose its contents until a patent application has been filed.
With approval from his or her thesis/dissertation advisor and program director, a student may delay publication of their thesis or dissertation for one or two years. Under no circumstances may publication be indefinitely or permanently delayed.
- << Previous: For Students in the College
- Next: For Education Students >>
- Last Updated: Oct 18, 2023 3:55 PM
- URL: https://libguides.udayton.edu/etd