- Queen's University Library
- Research Guides
Finding Theses and Dissertations
- Queen's University Theses
- United States Theses
- International Theses
- Borrowing & Purchasing Copies of Theses
- Library and Archives Canada provides comprehensive access to Canadian theses via the These Canada Portal*
- 1965 onwards*: (microform) 1998 onwards: Electronic theses and dissertations are harvested monthly from Canadian universities. However, for those that have been digitized by ProQuest Disserations & Theses, there is a four-year contractual time lag to access fulltext. Available to anyone on the web. Older theses may also be available digitally. Please check the Thesis Canada site to locate pre-1998 theses. NOTE: Library and Archives Canada (LAC) ceased its interlibrary loan (ILL) service as of December 2012. Queen’s is no longer able to borrow material held at LAC which includes newspapers and archival material on microfilm and Canadian university theses.
ProQuest Dissertations and Theses
- << Previous: Queen's University Theses
- Next: United States Theses >>
- Last Updated: Oct 18, 2023 3:58 PM
Theses and dissertations
University of waterloo.
- Published from October 2006 onward: all theses and dissertations can be found in UWSpace . All theses are publicly accessible unless embargoed due to patent pending or publisher contracts.
- Published between 1996-2006: electronic submission was optional. Theses may be located in UWSpace or ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global .
- Search the library catalogue by title or author to locate theses that were not submitted electronically.
- Can't find what you're looking for? Contact us.
- Get a thesis from another institution .
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global Bibliographic citations are available for dissertations as early as 1637. Full text is available for most of the dissertations added since 1997.
- Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD) Search the NDLTD Union Catalogue Open Access ETDs.
- Open Access Theses and Dissertations (OATD) OATD includes theses and dissertations from over 1,000 schools from around the world.
- Biblioteca Digital de Teses e Dissertacoes Brazilian Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations.
- Theses Canada Portal Citations of Canadian theses from 1965 to the present; full text from 1998 to the present.
- EThOS Electronic Theses Online Service Opening Access to United Kingdom (U.K.) Theses.
- DISSONLINE A service of the Deutsche Nationalbibliothek .
- Dissertations and theses (UK and Ireland) 1716 to the present.
- DiVA Scandinavian institutions.
- National ETD Portal South African theses and dissertations Metadata for theses and dissertations produced internationally are collected and made accessible.
- Hong Kong University Theses Online (HKUTO) Over 20,000 ETDs from 1941 to the present.
- Search Australian theses Via National Library of Australia's Trove service.
My library account
Book a study room
News and events
Work for the Library
Give to the Library
We want to hear from you. Please send us your feedback !
- Contact Waterloo
- Maps & Directions
The University of Waterloo acknowledges that much of our work takes place on the traditional territory of the Neutral, Anishinaabeg and Haudenosaunee peoples. Our main campus is situated on the Haldimand Tract, the land granted to the Six Nations that includes six miles on each side of the Grand River. Our active work toward reconciliation takes place across our campuses through research, learning, teaching, and community building, and is co-ordinated within the Office of Indigenous Relations .
Description :, view/copy the database hyperlink.
Hint: Copy the above URL to bookmark it.
Follow the Library on social media
(514) 340-6220 [email protected]
Follow HEC Montréal on the social media
About this website | Official documents (in French)
In case of emergency
© HEC Montréal, 2023 All rights reserved.
- Study resources
- Calendar - Graduate
- Calendar - Undergraduate
- Class schedules
- Class cancellations
- Course registration
- Important academic dates
- More academic resources
- Campus services
- IT services
- Job opportunities
- Mental health support
- Student Service Centre (Birks)
- Calendar of events
- Latest news
- Media Relations
- Faculties, Schools & Colleges
- Arts and Science
- Gina Cody School of Engineering and Computer Science
- John Molson School of Business
- School of Graduate Studies
- All Schools, Colleges & Departments
- My Library Account (Sofia) View checkouts, fees, place requests and more
- Interlibrary Loans Request books from external libraries
- Zotero Manage your citations and create bibliographies
- E-journals via BrowZine Browse & read journals through a friendly interface
- Article/Chapter Scan & Deliver Request a PDF of an article/chapter we have in our physical collection
- Course Reserves Online course readings
- Spectrum Deposit a thesis or article
- WebPrint Upload documents to print with DPrint
- Sofia Discovery tool
- Databases by subject
- Course Reserves
- E-journals via BrowZine
- E-journals via Sofia
- Article/Chapter Scan & Deliver
- Intercampus Delivery of Bound Periodicals/Microforms
- Interlibrary Loans
- Spectrum Research Repository
- Special Collections
- Additional resources & services
- Loans & Returns (Circulation)
- Subject & course guides
- Open Educational Resources Guide
- General guides for users
- Ask a librarian
- Research Skills Tutorial
- Quick Things for Digital Knowledge
- Bibliometrics & research impact guide
- Concordia University Press
- Copyright Guide
- Copyright Guide for Thesis Preparation
- Digital Scholarship
- Digital Preservation
- Open Access
- ORCID at Concordia
- Research data management guide
- Scholarship of Teaching & Learning
- Systematic Reviews
- How to get published speaker series
- Borrow (laptops, tablets, equipment)
- Connect (netname, Wi-Fi, guest accounts)
- Desktop computers, software & availability maps
- Group study, presentation practice & classrooms
- Printers, copiers & scanners
- Technology Sandbox
- Visualization Studio
- Webster Library
- Vanier Library
- Grey Nuns Reading Room
- Book a group study room/scanner
- Study spaces
- Floor plans
- Room booking for academic events
- Librarians & staff
- University Librarian
- Memberships & collaborations
- Indigenous Student Librarian program
- Wikipedian in residence
- Feedback & improvement
- Annual reports & fast facts
- Annual Plan
- Library Services Fund
- Giving to the Library
- Webster Transformation blog
- Policies & Code of Conduct
The Campaign for Concordia
Library Research Skills Tutorial
- My Library account (Sofia)
- Interlibrary loans
- Article/chapter scan
- Course reserves
Theses, dissertations, and research papers
Concordia university theses.
The Concordia Library has a copy of almost every thesis and dissertation submitted to the University as a condition for the award of a graduate degree, as well as copies of many research papers and graduate projects. Please note that non-print materials (film, slides, etc.) for theses submitted in 1967–2010 are not available online in Spectrum, Concordia University's institutional repository 1 .
Browse Concordia theses in Spectrum
Spectrum , Concordia's open access repository, includes theses from 1967–present. You can browse by year, department, author, or document type. Spectrum will enable you to download the full text, data, videos, or other files associated with the work.
Search for Concordia theses in the Sofia Discovery tool
Concordia theses held by the Library can be located using the Sofia Discovery tool .
Using the Advanced Search , combine any search with a Title Search of the phrase Concordia Theses, Research Papers
If you are uncertain about your search strategy, use our Ask a Librarian service .
Theses from other universities
Databases and other electronic sources.
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses 1861 onward Provides citations to over two million doctoral dissertations and masters theses published in North America and Europe, covering many more doctoral dissertations than masters theses. More than 600,000 titles are available full text (mostly from 1997 onward). Please note: From 2005 onwards, Canadian theses cannot be searched by the name of a thesis advisor.
- NDLTD Global ETD Search The Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD)'s search service allows researchers to find electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs) based on keyword, date, institution, language and subject. The index is based on a growing collection of approximately 4 million ETDs from more than 200 universities on all continents. Records with links to documents from originating institutions are collected daily.
- Theses Canada 1965 onward (coverage varies) Includes references to masters theses and doctoral dissertations accepted by Canadian universities.
- Open Access Theses and Dissertations (OATD) OATD indexes over 1.5 million electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs) from over 600 colleges, universities, and research institutions around the world. Links to full text available.
- OpenDOAR: Directory of Open Access Repositories Some universities require that students deposit their theses in an institutional repository, such as DSpace@MIT . Use this directory to locate the university, if available, and then search for the author or title of the thesis.
- WorldCat Use the Advanced Search feature and under SUBTYPE limits, change the drop-down menu from Any Content to Thesis/dissertation .
- EThOS - Electronic Theses Online Service Digitized, Open Access (freely accessible) theses from all UK higher education institutions.
- SUDOC (Union catalogue of university libraries in France) Indexes, theses, and dissertations from universities in France. Choose "Recherche avancée," then under "type de publication," select "Thèses."
- DART-Europe E-theses Portal Portal for European Electronic Theses and Dissertations. Also browsable by institution .
- Trove Theses produced by the graduate research students at Australian universities, some of which are freely accessible.
- University library catalogues To find information on a thesis submitted at a specific university, search their library catalogue.
- Subject databases In addition to listing journal articles, some subject databases will include theses that fall within their subject coverage.
If the thesis you are looking for is not in the Sofia Discovery tool or is not freely available in ProQuest Dissertations & Theses or in Theses Canada, you can request an interlibrary loan (ILL) whereby we will attempt to obtain a copy from another library. You may also purchase a copy of a thesis online through ProQuest Dissertations & Theses.
To obtain more information or to place an interlibrary loan request, consult the Interlibrary Loans page.
1. A master copy of the thesis or dissertation is kept in Special Collections at the Vanier Library along with any available non-print components (film, slides, etc.). For most theses submitted prior to 2011, a circulating copy is available in either the Webster or Vanier Library, while an archival copy along with any accompanying non-print material (film, slides, etc.) is kept in Special Collections. These copies can be located using the Sofia Discovery tool. Additionally, most theses and some research papers are also available in digital format and can either be viewed online or downloaded using Spectrum .
Theses & Dissertations
- Getting Started
United states and international.
- Preparing a Thesis or Dissertation
Need help? Ask us!
- McGill users only
- Open access resource
- Free resource
- In-library use
- Catalogue record
Theses and dissertations from McGill University is available in both digital and physical form.
Canadian sources are best accessed through academic repositories or by using the Proquest Dissertation and Theses Global database.
Have a specific country or university in mind? Search using the words "repository," "theses", or "dissertations" with an academic institute of your choice to find additional theses and dissertations.
- << Previous: Getting Started
- Next: Preparing a Thesis or Dissertation >>
- Last Updated: Nov 16, 2022 11:53 AM
- URL: https://libraryguides.mcgill.ca/thesesanddissertations
McGill Library • Questions? Ask us! Privacy notice
Geoffrey R. Weller Library
View complete hours
American, Canadian, and First Nations Literature: Theses and Dissertations
- Reference Materials
- Books and E-books
Theses and Dissertations
- Archives and Primary Sources This link opens in a new window
- Citing Sources
- Library Research Guide
- UNBC Thesis Collection The collection contains graduate (and select undergraduate) dissertations, theses, project reports and practicum papers. The collection contains most published works from 1994 to the present.
- DART European E-theses Portal DART-Europe is a partnership of research libraries and library consortia who are working together to improve global access to European research theses.
- EThOS (UK) Search over 450,000 doctoral theses. Download instantly for your research, or order a scanned copy quickly and easily.
- National ETD Portal (South Africa) This site is run by the UCT-CS Digital Libraries Laboratory on behalf of the Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations
- Frequently Asked Questions Check out our FAQs!
- In Person Drop by the Research Help Desk today!
- Email [email protected]
- Call Have a question? We are available at (250) 960-6475
- Text a Librarian Have a research questions? Text us! (250) 999-0478
- Interlibrary Loans
Can't find a book or book chapter, article, thesis or dissertation, or multimedia that you need?
If we don't have the item in our collection, you can request it through interlibrary loan at no cost for students.
- << Previous: Articles and Databases
- Next: Websites >>
- Last Updated: Sep 8, 2023 10:15 AM
- URL: https://libguides.unbc.ca/acfn
Geoffrey R. Weller Library University of Northern British Columbia 3333 University Way Prince George, B.C. V2N 4Z9
Circulation: (250) 960-6613 Reference: (250) 960-6475 Regional Services: 1-888-440-3440 (toll free within 250 area code)
- Suggestions Form
- Planning & Policies
- Staff Directory
- Frequently Called Numbers
- Citation Management
- Course Reserves
- Faculty Services
- Open Access
- Data & Statistics
- Maps & Photos
- Research Help
Finding Theses and Dissertations Guide Ask Us
Guide sections, unb theses and dissertations.
For well over 100 years, UNB has offered graduate degrees which have had thesis requirements. Please consult the information below to learn more about how these UNB theses and dissertations are made available in various formats.
UNB Scholar: Electronic Thesis and Dissertation Collection
UNB's institutional research repository, UNB Scholar , includes theses and dissertations submitted to UNB from 2010 to the present. Since electronic submission was optional for graduate students until January 2019, this is not a comprehensive collection of all UNB Theses. Researchers are urged to check the library catalogue for the most complete record of UNB theses and dissertations in print, microfilm, and electronic formats. The collection present in the UNB Scholar Research Repository represents continuing collaboration between the School of Graduate Studies, the Centre for Digital Scholarship, and UNB Libraries.
UNB Thesis Collection
UNB Thesis Collection, held in Archives & Special Collections (location=HIL-SPECAR) on the 5th floor of the Harriet Irving Library, comprises preservation (i.e. print) copies of more than 7000 Master’s theses and Doctoral dissertations, from c. 1890 to the present, accepted by the School of Graduate Studies, and constitutes an invaluable research resource. Theses from Archives & Special Collections can be located by searching the library catalogue, UNB WorldCat . Theses are available for in-house consultation only, and may not be borrowed, or requested on Inter-Library Loan. Limited photocopying may be permitted. Readers are encouraged to use the fiche copy of a thesis available in the Microforms Collection or print copies found in other locations.
The Microforms Collection , located in the basement and on the fifth floor of the Harriet Irving Library , holds copies of UNB theses in one of two formats and locations: microfiche (location=HIL-MICF) and microfilm (location=HIL-MIC). Titles are searchable in the WorldCat library catalogue . Although print copies of theses are searchable in WorldCat within 6 months after submission to the School of Graduate Studies, it may be up to two years before a Microforms Collection copy is available.
Theses written before 1973 may not be in microform; however, print copies are available in the UNB Thesis Collection.
Theses Canada was launched in 1965 at the request of the deans of Canadian graduate schools, and is a collaborative between Library and Archives Canada (LAC) and Canadian universities. Theses Canada provides free access to Canadian digital theses and dissertations, and bibliographic records for non-digital theses and dissertations in LACs collections.
The libraries have copies of UNB undergraduate theses, also known as 5th year theses or Senior Reports, for some of faculties and departments. They can be located using the WorldCat library catalogue as follows,
- Faculty of Computer Science: add the keywords Senior Reports to the other keywords used in your search (limited coverage),
- Faculty of Engineering : add the keywords Senior Reports to the other keywords used in your search (there is limited coverage for some departments),
- Faculty of Forestry and Environmental Management: use the Advanced Search feature to limit the Location to SCI-FORF, and add the keyword BSCF to any other keywords used. To browse the collection, search for the keyword BSCF alone. Available from the Science & Forestry Library upon request. Please ask circulation desk staff for assistance.
Please note that UNB undergraduate theses are not routinely available for Inter-Library Loan or for copying.
UNB Scholar also includes records, as well as limited full-text, for selected undergraduate theses. Consult the "Senior Reports" collection in UNB Scholar for more details.
Dissertations and Theses from Any University
Many universities keep digital copies of dissertations and theses in their institutional repositories and these can be searched at the institutional or geographic level or by using a meta search platform such as:
- EThOS (Electronic Theses Online Service : Opening Access to UK Theses) EThOS makes UK theses (e and paper based) available via a 'one-stop-shop' by harvesting e-theses from institutional repositories and digitizing paper theses on-demand from researchers. The British Library, in collaboration with many UK universities and other associations, aims to provide over 250,000 theses produced by the UK higher education system on an open access model to all researchers and others requiring information. Some theses are available for immediate download, while others can be requested from a participating institution which then sends the thesis to the British Library for digitization. Open Access
- Global ETD Search has over 6.2 million records, searchable by subject, creator, title, institution, etc.
- Open Access Theses & Dissertations OATD.org aims to be the best possible resource for finding open access graduate theses and dissertations published around the world. Metadata (information about the theses) comes from over 1100 colleges, universities, and research institutions . OATD currently indexes 6,339,869 theses and dissertations.
- DART Europe E-Theses Portal DART-Europe was founded in 2005 as a partnership of national and university libraries and consortia to improve global access to European research theses. The DART-Europe E-theses Portal is managed by UCL Library Services .
- Ebsco Open Dissertations : OpenDissertations.org is a collaboration between EBSCO and BiblioLabs that brings an innovative approach to increasing traffic and discoverability of ETD research. This new collaboration extends the work started in 2014, when EBSCO and the H.W. Wilson Foundation created American Doctoral Dissertations which contained indexing from the H.W. Wilson print publication, Doctoral Dissertations Accepted by American Universities, 1933-1955 . In 2015, the H.W. Wilson Foundation agreed to support the expansion of the scope of the American Doctoral Dissertations database to include records for dissertations and theses from 1955 to the present.
- Joanne Smyth
- Director, Collections Strategy
- UNB Fredericton
- [email protected]
Last modified on November 9, 2023 21:20
- Research Help
Theses and Dissertations
- Theses & Dissertations
Toronto Metropolitan University Theses and Dissertations
The TMU Library collects and makes accessible graduate dissertations (Ph.D) and masters level theses as well as some masters level major research papers. The TMU Library Digital Repository contains the most complete collection of these documents, online, and searchable from the website and via search engines like Google. Older documents may also be found in the TMU Library catalogue . The library no longer collects print copies of theses and dissertations.
To search for documents from a specific programme, try using a keyword search that includes the words "ryerson" "dissertations" and a couple of words from the name of the programme such as "communication" "culture" or "mechanical" "engineering."
Theses and Dissertations from Other Universities
- Open Access Theses and Dissertations (OATD) Provides access to over 5 million theses and dissertations from over 1,100 colleges, universities and research institutions around the world.
- Google Scholar Many universities currently receive graduate scholarship in digital formats only and have embarked on digitization initiatives to make older documents available online. Google Scholar is a useful tool to find this type of material.
- Theses Canada Portal Provides access to the full-text of many Canadian theses and dissertations.
- ProQuest Dissertations and Theses Global (PQDT)(Access Restricted to TMU Community) Provides access to the full-text of over 400,000 Masters and PhD theses from 1997 onwards. In addition, citations are provided for over 1.6 million doctoral dissertations and master's theses from North American and European (including the UK and Ireland) graduate schools from the seventeenth century onwards.
- DART Europe E-theses Portal Provides access to research theses from 580 universities in 28 European countries.
- NDLTD-Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations An international nonprofit organization promoting the dissemination of electronic theses and dissertations. It includes finding aids for digital and some print resources.
- Canadian Theses = Thèses canadiennes [1947-1980 print; 1985/86-1995/96 on microfiches] Indexes masters and doctoral works from Canadian universities. Most of the masters works and some of the doctoral works are not listed in PQDT nor Theses Canada Portal. Other print bibliographies of Canadian theses may be of value including Canadian Graduate Theses: 1919-1967: An Annotated Bibliography (Covering Economics, Business and Industrial Relations) and Jesse J. Dossick's Doctoral Research on Canada and Canadians, 1884-1983
TMU Undergraduate Theses (Major Research Papers)
Undergraduate theses for Civil Engineering are kept by the department.
A complete list of codes used and the department/school (some of which no longer exist) follows:
- LE3.R99 AC Dept. of Applied Chemical & Biological Sciences
- LE3.R99 AE School of Aerospace Engineering
- LE3.R99 AR Dept. of Architectural Science
- LE3.R99 CB Dept. of Chemistry, Biological & Chemical Engineering
- LE3.R99 CE School of Chemical Engineering
- LE3.R99 EC School of Early Childhood Education
- LE3.R99 EE Electrical Engineering Dept./Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering
- LE3.R99 EH School of Environmental Health
- LE3.R99 GE School of Applied Geography
- LE3.R99 HT School of Hospitality & Tourism Management
- LE3.R99 ID School of Interior Design
- LE3.R99 IE School of Industrial Engineering
- LE3.R99 LS Dept. of Laboratory Science
- LE3.R99 ME School of Mechanical Engineering
- LE3.R99 OP School of Occupational and Public Health
- LE3.R99 PR Continuing Education Division. Public Relations Project
- LE3.R99 SE Dept. of Survey Engineering
- LE3.R99 UP School of Urban and Regional Planning
Creative Commons License
This guide has been created by the Toronto Metropolitan University Library and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution International 4.0 License unless otherwise marked.
- Last Updated: Jun 29, 2023 4:00 PM
- URL: https://learn.library.torontomu.ca/theses
Theses & dissertations
- Journal literature
- Google Scholar
- Research methods
- Literature review tutorials
Library research for graduate students in Education: Theses & dissertations
As part of your Library research, you may wish to look at Master's theses and doctoral (Ph.D.) dissertations that relate to your area of research. Theses and dissertations provide examples of how other graduate students have structured their scholarly work, and most importantly, provide access to recent research that may not be available in any other format.
We are fortunate at the U Sask to be able to provide full-text access to a large number of theses and dissertations from the University of Saskatchewan, and other institutions in North America and beyond.
Search tips: U Sask Electronic Theses & Dissertations
- Access the HARVEST database
- Scroll down the Harvest page, select College of Graduate Studies and Research
- For a known item, search by author or title
- To browse theses and dissertations completed in your department, use the "Search within this community and its collections" search box and the department -- e.g. "educational foundations" "curriculum studies" "educational administration" etc.
Theses and Dissertations -- North America & Europe
ProQuest Dissertations & Theses (PQDT ) is an index and full text database of doctoral dissertations and selected masters theses from selected universities in North America & Europe. Full-text available at least from 1997 to present (participating universities only).
Theses Canada is a comprehensive database of Canadian theses and dissertations compiled by the Library and Archives Canada and other partner University libraries in LAC's Theses Canada Program.
Indexing of Canadian theses goes back to 1965, with digitized text availability from 1998 to 2002 (this coverage will continue to expand) and electronic theses from 2005.
Search tips: Proquest Dissertations & Theses
Use the search by degree feature to limit your search. For example, if you wish to view other Master theses in the field of education, search for M.Ed. in the degree field.
Use the search by University/Institution feature to limit your search to theses or dissertations from a particular location, such as the University of Alberta. You can locate doctoral dissertations from the University of Saskatchewan through PQDT, but not Master's theses.
To locate Master's theses from the University of Saskatchewan, use HARVEST.
- << Previous: Home
- Next: Journal literature >>
- Library A to Z
- Follow on Facebook
- Follow on Twitter
- Follow on YouTube
- Follow on Instagram
The University of Saskatchewan's main campus is situated on Treaty 6 Territory and the Homeland of the Métis.
© University of Saskatchewan Disclaimer | Privacy
- Last Updated: Nov 7, 2023 4:10 PM
- URL: https://libguides.usask.ca/Education990
- Library Home
- General (Summon)
- Books & Media (Catalogue)
- Indexes, Databases & Articles
- Research Guides
- UBC Research
- UBC Open Collections
- UBC Vancouver
- Asian Library
- Biomedical Branch Library
- Chapman Learning Commons Help Desk
- David Lam Management Research Library
- Education Library
- Irving K. Barber Learning Centre
- Koerner Library
- Law Library
- Music, Art and Architecture Library
- Rare Books and Special Collections
- Research Commons
- University Archives
- Woodward Library
- X wi7 x wa Library
- UBC Okanagan
- Okanagan Library
- Special Collections & Archives
- The Commons (Okanagan)
- UBC Virtual
- AskAway Chat Services
- Borrowing Services
- My Library Account
- How to Get Library Access
- See More...
- Electronic Access
- Connect to Library Resources
- OpenAthens Login Overview
- Computers & Technology
- Print, Copy, Scan
- Public Computers & Software
- Group & Silent Study Spaces
- Technology Spaces
- Guides for Library Users
- Undergraduate Students
- Faculty & Instructors
- Planning Your Research
- Getting Started on Your Research
- Finding Resources
- Journal Articles
- Evaluating & Citing Sources
- Evaluating Information Sources
- How to Cite
- Publishing Research
- Getting Started with cIRcle
- Building Your Academic Profile
- Policies, Procedures and Guidelines
- Work with Us
- Accessing Library Resources?
- OpenAthens Login
- Add Browser Extension for Access
- Managing Your Account?
- My Library Account Login
- Need Citation Management?
- Citation Management Tools
- Library Home /
- Search Collections /
- Indexes & Databases /
- Theses Canada Portal
Home > ETD
Welcome to the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies' Electronic Theses & Dissertation site. These pages are dedicated to help you find all the information you might require in order to format and successfully submit your graduate thesis for examination and publication electronically. Electronic Theses and Dissertations (ETDs) are prepared as text-based PDF files. ETDs can contain non-text elements such as sound, video, and hypertext links. ETDs are available through Scholarship@Western, Western's digital library repository, and also released to the world-wide web with priority in many search engines, enabling scholars worldwide to locate, search, and download the University of Western Ontario's ETDs.
The most significant benefit is the dramatic increase (50-250%) in citation impact that results from electronic publishing. This leads to increased rewards from universities, in the form of promotion and increased salary, and from granting agencies.
Other benefits include:
- publicity for research - authors of electronic theses become more widely known and their reputations are enhanced
- easy worldwide access to your theses for colleagues and collaborators
- easy worldwide access to theses for job and grant applications
- a raised profile for research institutions
- reduced costs at the point of graduation since there is no need to have multiple copies printed.
For an overview of the Electronic Thesis and Dissertation process at The University of Western Ontario, please refer to any area from our site dedicated to supporting ETD at Western:
- Preliminary Submission
- Final Submission
Theses/Dissertations from 2023 2023
An integrated assessment to intervention framework with inclusion of the interRAI's Child and Youth Mental Health (ChYMH) tool in care planning for justice involved youth , Safi Abbas
Cluster-based Station Reporting and Multi-AP Coordination in Wi-Fi Networks , zeyad abdelmageid
Social Connectedness, Adolescent Mental Health and Well-Being at the Later Stages of the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Mixed Methods Exploration , Sarah Abdunnabi
The Effect of Kidney Preservation at 10°C with Hemopure and Hydrogen Sulfide Donor, Sodium Thiosulfate, in a Syngeneic Model of Rat Renal Transplantation , Maria Abou Taka
Experimental and numerical analysis of laterally loaded paddled H-piles, FE and FD study , Abdelrahman Mahmoud Eldesawy Ahmed Abouzaid Mr.
CIVILIZING THE STAGE: Reform and Theatrical Aesthetics in Colonial Western India (1850-1914) , Abhimanyu Acharya
The Coronavirus Pandemic and the Mental Health Presentations of Young Children , Sarah Adam
Assessing the Impact of Infantile Hydrocephalus on Visuomotor Integration through Behavioural and Neuroimaging Studies , Derya Adil
Exploring The Experiences Of Familial Mental Illness Stigma Among Individuals Living With Mental Illnesses , Joseph Adu
Examining the Relationship Between Park Design and Children's Park Use and Play Behaviours in London, Ontario using Behaviour Mapping , Alyssa O. Aglipay
Teachers’ Work: Communicating on Difficult Knowledge in Ontario Schools , Zsofia Agoston Villalba
Application of Crystal Engineering in Multicomponent Pharmaceutical Crystals: A Study of Theory and Practice , Soroush Ahmadi Nasrabadi
Enhancing the Performance of NMT Models Using the Data-Based Domain Adaptation Technique for Patent Translation , Maimoonah Ahmed
A Single Bout of Passive Exercise Mitigates a Mental Fatigue-Induced Inhibitory Control Deficit , Joshua Ahn
The Effect of Categorization on Investment Decisions: Three Essays in the Fintech Industry , Jungsoo Ahn
Exploration of Force in Movement and Perception in Parkinson’s Disease , Caroline Stefanie Aitken
Valued Strategies in the Development and Implementation of Interprofessional Education Placements , Olajumoke Akintomide
Dynamic Characterization-based Structural Optimization and Model Order Reduction for Axisymmetric Shell Resonators , Yoshika Alahakoon
Autonomous 3D Urban and Complex Terrain Geometry Generation and Micro-Climate Modelling Using CFD and Deep Learning , Tewodros F. Alemayehu
Latina Immigrant Women’s Experiences of Higher Education and Leadership: An Intersectional Perspective , Isabella Alencar Maroja Chaves
Nurse-Hero Discussion on Twitter: A Social Network Analysis and Qualitative Content Analysis , Amna Ali
The Effects of Glucocorticoids on Th2 Cell Phenotype and Function , MohdWessam Al Jawhri
The Metaphysics of Modernism and the Aesthetics of Reason in Wittgenstein, Deleuze, and Others , M. Curtis Allen
Deep Reinforcement Learning for Autonomous Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Navigation , Fadi AlMahamid
Exploring Translanguaging and Identity among Jordanian Graduate Students in Ontario , Mohamad Almashour
Monitoring Remediation of Organic Contaminants using Electrical Resistivity and Induced Polarization Techniques , Angelos Almpanis
Water Decontamination via Electrodialysis , Baian Almusned
Characterization of A Novel Mouse Model Expressing Human 82-kDa Choline Acetyltransferase: Potential Role in Physiological and Pathological Aging , Hadir EmadElDin AlQot
Justice and Meaningful Work , Caleb Althorpe
Structural magnetic resonance imaging in Parkinson’s disease and rapid eye movement sleep behaviour disorder , Erind Alushaj
Strategic Supplier Dynamics and Decision-making in Supply Chain Management: Exploring Market Segmentation, Copycatting, and Encroachment , Shobeir Amirnequiee
Classification of DDoS Attack with Machine Learning Architectures and Exploratory Analysis , Amreen Anbar
Synovial Histopathology Across a Spectrum of Hip Disorders: From Pre-Arthritic Femoroacetabular Impingement to Advanced Osteoarthritis , Ronan James Anderson
Insatisfacción y tácticas de oposición: tres novelas de formación femenina en América Latina (1870-1940) , Andrea Angel Baquero
Effect of rearing conditions on the allocation of larval and adult acquired essential and nonessential fatty acids to flight in two adult Lepidoptera: Danaus plexippus and Mythimna unipuncta , Libesha Anparasan
Towards Clinical Microscopic Fractional Anisotropy Imaging , Nico JJ Arezza
The Attainment of Obstetrical Competency in Postgraduate Family Medicine Training: A Qualitative Study , Nisha Arora
Integrative data analysis to uncover genes and pathways underlying the aggressiveness and invasion patterns of lung cancer brain metastasis , Reza Asakereh
Multi-view Contrastive Learning for Unsupervised Domain Adaptation in Brain-Computer Interfaces , Sepehr Asgarian
The Modulation of LFP Characteristics In The Freely Moving Common Marmoset , William JM Assis
NATO Cyber Defence, 2000-2022 , Ryan J. Atkinson
Synthesis and Evaluation of Novel Nucleotide Prodrugs Against SARS-CoV-2 , Mohammed Attaelmanan
Exploring the Experience of Disclosing in the Workplace , Jillian Auger
Indigenous Energy Justice: Multitemporalities, Natural Law, and Decolonial Governance in Anishinaabeg Pipeline Resistance , Sakihitowin Awasis
Effect of process parameters on the mechanical properties of carbon fiber epoxy composites by wet compression molding , Saboora Ayatollahi
Systemic, Institutional, and Teaching Factors in the Delivery of Interprofessional Education Curriculum in Canada , Mohammad B. Azzam
Interplay of Forces in Impinging Jet Flow and Circular Hydraulic Jump , Abdelkader Baayoun
Understanding Urban Energy Landscapes through a territorialization lens: a comparative case study of energy use in two eco-districts - Parc Marianne, Montpellier and Olympic Village, Vancouver , Dominica Babicki
Engaging Clinicians to Develop a Meaningful Digital Outcome Measurement Tool to Improve Implementation of The Focus on the Outcomes of Communication Under Six (FOCUS) , Boshra Bahrami
An Exploration of Queer Women's Relationship with the Body and Physical Activity , Jade A. Bailey
The effect of dietary thiaminase on cardiac function and morphology in lake trout (Salvelinus namaycush) , Peter Baker
Using an Evolutionary Framework to Test the Social Functions of Risky Behavior in Emerging Adulthood , Michal Bak
Transferring organelles into native neurons: A disease-modifying therapy for neurodegenerative disorders , Lohiny Balendran
An Examination of the International Court of Justice’s Approach to Customary International Law , Janet Adewumi Bamigbose
Computer Vision-Based Hand Tracking and 3D Reconstruction as a Human-Computer Input Modality with Clinical Application , Tania Banerjee
Continuous Authentication in the Digital Age: An Analysis of Reinforcement Learning and Behavioural Biometrics , Priya Bansal
Evaluating Phosphorylation as a Potential Regulator of ADT5 in Arabidopsis thaliana , Eileen Barac
No Smoke Without Fire — and Vice Versa: Keystone XL and the Climate Debate , Julian Barg
The Phenomenology and Intentionality of Normative-Evaluative Experience , Shawn K. Bartlett
Mechanisms of Impaired Efferocytosis of Synovial Macrophages in Knee Osteoarthritis , Jasika Bashal
Multiparametric Classification of Tumor Treatment Using Ultrasound Microvascular Imaging , mahsa bataghva
The influence of knee position and sex on ultrasound imaging of femoral cartilage characteristics , Harry Battersby
The 1900s Southwestern Ontario Sand Sucker Panic , Mary E. Baxter
Malperfusion Syndrome in the Setting of Type A Aortic Dissection , Karama Yaslam Karama Bayamin
“The Dignity of Being Called Americans”: American Identity and Portrayals of Canadians in the American Press, 1754-1812 , Jonathan Bayer
Developing and testing a miniaturized in situ XRD for a Mars rover , Dana Michael Beaton
Elucidating the neural circuitry underlying social spacing in Drosophila melanogaster through the lens of neuroligin 3 , Abigail T. Bechard
A Comparison of Methods to Identify the Mean Response Time of Ramp-Incremental Exercise for Exercise Prescription , Nikan Behboodpour
Visual Cortical Traveling Waves: From Spontaneous Spiking Populations to Stimulus-Evoked Models of Short-Term Prediction , Gabriel B. Benigno
Musical Behaviours, Dispositions, and Tendencies: Exploring Church Music-Making Through a Theory of Practice , Laura E. Benjamins
Experimental analysis and online monitoring/classification of surface formation uniformity and laser remelting process stability using NIR and SWIR emission imaging , Daniel Beyfuss
Development of reverse genetics tools in the two-spotted spider mite Tetranychus urticae , Nivitha Bhaskar
INVESTIGATING IMPROVEMENTS TO MESH INDEXING , Anurag Bhattacharjee
The effects of lipopolysaccharide (LPS) on conditioned disgust: Expanding the rodent model of lithium chloride (LiCl)-induced anticipatory nausea , Indra R. Bishnoi
Grounds for a "Third Place": The "Starbucks Experience," Sirens, and Space , Michael A. Bodkin
Shoe Modifications and Foot Health: A Case Study from Roman Britain , Casey Elizabeth Kay Boettinger
"That's the Way I Am, Heaven Help Me": The Role of Pronunciation in Billy Bragg's Music , Mary Blake Bonn
Championing Inclusive Education in Canada: Voices of Educators, Advocates, and Researchers , Sydney K. Bota
Use of Resting State Functional MRI and functional NIRS for Language Localization in Presurgical Evaluation of Children with Drug Resistant Epilepsy , Juan S. Bottan
Understanding the Knowledge Translation Practices of Environmental Health Officers in Canada: A Mixed Methods Study , Shawna Bourne-Shields
Examining the Paradox of Adult Second Language Word and Grammar Learning , Leah Brainin
Science Attitudes of Students Enrolled in an Introductory Environmental Science Course , Rajan Brar
Arctic Lake Response to Warming: A Paleolimnological Investigation in the Northwest Territories, Canada , Brittany Brasier
MINING SARS-COV-2 PHYLOGENETIC TREES TO ESTIMATE CIRCULATING INFECTIONS AND PATTERNS OF MIGRATION , Erin V. Brintnell
Automatic Classification and Segmentation of Patterned Martian Ground Using Deep Learning Techniques , Ruthy Brito
The Process of Art Creation Among Mothers from Ontario Who Have Experienced Gender-Based Violence , Madison L. Broadbent
Evaluating the Biomechanical, Functional, and Clinical Outcomes of Bicruciate Stabilized Total Knee Arthroplasty , Jordan S. Broberg
The Biopolitics of Gentrification:Re-imagining and Re-membering London, Ontario's Old East Village , Stephanie Brocklehurst
Polynomial Density Of Compact Smooth Surfaces , Luke P. Broemeling
Post-breeding survival of adult and hatch-year Bank Swallows (Riparia riparia) in the Great Lakes region: a radio telemetry study , Christian M.M Buchanan-Fraser
Spike-Time Neural Codes and their Implication for Memory , Alexandra Busch
Investigating the role of miRNA-378-3p and its target PDIA-4 in endothelial cells , Shuhan Bu
Exploring How Mothers With A History Of Intimate Partner Violence Experienced The COVID-19 Pandemic , Emma Jane Butler
Canada's Evergreen Playground: A History of Snow in Vancouver , M Blake Butler
A Scoping Review of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy in Higher Education , Sarah Caimano
The Concept of Trust in Newly-formed versus Long-term Romantic Relationships , Omar Jordan Camanto
Effect of Acute Exercise on Muscle and Liver Glucose Metabolism in T1DM Rodents , Justin A. Camenzuli
The Perceptions of the Real Estate Sector on Pluvial Flooding in London, Ontario , Emilia Cameron
Multiple endpoints in randomized controlled trials: a review and an illustration of the global test , Lindsay Cameron
Poetics in Transit: Indigenous, Diasporic, and Settler Women’s Contemporary Writing in Canada , Christine Campana
Developing a Finite Element Model for Evaluating the Posterior Tibial Slope in a Medial Opening Wedge High Tibial Osteotomy , VIctor Alexander Carranza
Mechanisms of lactic acid bacteria secretions as anti-Helicobacter pylori agents , Daelyn Carroll
Single-Subject Writing Strategy Instruction: A Meta-Analysis , Madelyn A. Casola
Characterization of Deposited Copper Oxide Films on Copper Substrates , Millicent Castillo
Islamic Ethical Considerations on Medical Decision-Making in Adolescence , Nuray Catic
Multimodal connectivity of the human basal forebrain , Sudesna Chakraborty
Developing Youth-informed and Quality-aware Spatial Accessibility Measures to Urban Parks Using a Survey-based 2SFCA Method in London, Ontario and Halifax, Nova Scotia , Zhe Chang
Disordered Eating Behaviours in Adolescents with and without a Formal ED Diagnosis: Comparing Individual and Contextual Factors , Eve G. Chapnik
Neural dynamics of visual processes in challenging visibility conditions , Saba Charmi Motlagh
Study of Behaviour Change and Impact on Infectious Disease Dynamics by Mathematical Models , Tianyu Cheng
Systematic Literature Review: Literacy Practices in Chinese Immigrant Families , Qingning Chen
Investigating Novel Luminescent Materials Towards Applications in Light Emitting Electrochemical Cells , Kenneth Chu
Oligo [poly(ethylene glycol) fumarate] gels with photo-sensitive pendent groups , Andrew Chung
Improving the Reliability and Accessibility of CT Perfusion Imaging in Acute Ischemic Stroke , Kevin J. Chung
Flow Characterization over Biomimetic Fish Scale Arrays , Isaac NR Clapp Mr.
Fluoroscopic Guided Peritoneal Dialysis Catheter Placement: An Analysis of Pelvic Catheter Positioning and Early Catheter Flow Dysfunction , David Clark
Undressing Consent –Preliminary Evaluation of a Campus Sexual Violence Prevention Program , Angelina M. Cleroux
Genetic Tools Towards A Synthetic Biology Approach For Whole Mitochondrial Genome Engineering , Ryan R. Cochrane
The Neural Control of Force Production in Response to Directional Force Challenges , Joshua W. Cohen
The role of DLC1β in attenuating cardiac ischemia-reperfusion injury during heart transplantation , Samantha L. Collings
The Prevalence of Ontario Undergraduate University Students Meeting the 24-Hour Movement Guidelines and the Role of Perceived Social Support , Nia Contini
Catalytic Consequences of Catalyst Pellet Architecture on the Methanol to Oxymethylene Process , Sebastian M K Cook
Nurse-Assisted Injection: Perceptions of Dependent Injectors in Ontario, Canada , Emelia C. Cormack
Maturation of default mode network functional connectivity strength in utero and the association with subcortical macrostructure: mapping brain ontogeny supporting early cognitive processing , Susana Correa
Neural responses in the lateral prefrontal cortex and hippocampus of macaques navigating virtual environments , Benjamin W. Corrigan
Examining the feasibility, acceptability, and effectiveness of a self-compassion intervention in physical education class for adolescent girls , Vanessa Coulbeck
Disabling Consent: Discourses of Disability and Inclusion in Ontario's Early Childhood Education and Care in 1994 , Laura E. Coulman Ms.
(In)Dependence, Socio-sexual Relationships, and Sexual Health Among Adults with Mild Intellectual Disability (MID): A Critical, Qualitative Exploration , Vanessa L.E. Cox Ms
Developing Bioactive Hydrogels Containing Cell-derived Extracellular Matrix for Bone and Cartilage Repair , Ali Coyle
Effects of 11-KT and Prolactin on Gene Expression, Parental Care Behaviour and Immune Response in Male Bluegill Sunfish. , Adriano A P da Cunha
Experimental Evaluation of ABL and Downburst Wind Loads on an Elevated Building , Kate Current
Singing Our Stories: Building Community and Developing Self-Empowerment in the Childless Voices Choir , Laura Curtis
Advancing Diagnosis and Management of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: Insights from Clinical Assessment, Questionnaires, and Biophysical Interventions , Armaghan Dabbagh
Modelling of a TCA-driven Wearable Tremor Suppression Device for People with Parkinson’s Disease , Parisa Daemi
Unfolding Infinity: Expressionism in Sufi Cosmopoiesis and the Poetics of Islamic Art and Architecture , Amany Dahab
Distinct Cortical Hemodynamics During Squat-Stand and Continuous Aerobic Exercise Impart an Equivalent Magnitude Postexercise Executive Function Benefit , Connor J. Dalton
Professionals' Application of Intersectionality with Marginalized Youth: Considerations for Teen Dating Violence Prevention Programming and Beyond , Bradley Kyle Daly
Mathematics Self-Efficacy and its Relation to STEM Education , Shahar Dangur-Levy
A Multi-method Assessment of the Impact of Stress on Families’ Mental Health During the COVID-19 Pandemic , Andrew R. Daoust
Disengaged or Differently Engaged? Students’ Motivations, Expectations, and Engagement in the Multi-Expectational Undergraduate Experience , Clifford Davidson
The Roles of Vestibular and Proprioceptive Signals in Updating Spatial Selective Auditory Attention during Head Motion , Erisa Davoudi
Investigation of MACROD2 as a Biomarker of Treatment Resistance in Human Papillomavirus-Related Head and Neck Cancer , Alice Anne Dawson
A Haven of Peace: Justice and Hesed in the Book of Ruth and its Retellings in Spanish Drama, European Visual Arts, and Latin American Poetry , Luigi De Angelis Soriano
Non-Directed Time , Danial Derakhshan
Culture and Identity in Relation to Mental Wellness for the Haudenosaunee Community , Rammiyaa Devanathan
Predicting Brain Metastasis Response To Stereotactic Radiosurgery Using Magnetic Resonance Imaging Radiomics And Machine Learning , David A. DeVries
A Corrective Justice Account of Building Authority Liability in Canadian Negligence Law , Jonathan de Vries
Parvalbumin-Expressing Neurons As Modulators Of An Integrated Prefrontal Cortex: Relevance To Cognitive Impairments In Neuropsychiatric Disease , Tyler Dexter
Elucidating the Biomechanics of MERTK-Mediated Efferocytosis , Brandon Hayato Dickson
Management of Topic in the Spoken Discourse of Persons Living with Mild Cognitive Impairment and Alzheimer’s Dementia , Sydney A. DiFruscia
COMPLEX-VALUED APPROACH TO KURAMOTO-LIKE OSCILLATORS , Jacqueline Bao Ngoc Doan
The Forgetting of Fire: An Archaeology of Technics , Thomas A. Doerksen
About dying and death: Thanatology's place in medical curriculum , Jill Dombroski
Synchrotron Study of Phase Transition and Heterostructures in Metal Oxide Semiconductors , Bingyu Dong
Examining Individualized Participatory Approaches to Care for Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities , Megann Yen Dong
Algorithms and Software for Oligonucleotide Design , Qin Dong
Causal Variable Choice, Interventions, and Pragmatism , Zili Dong
SARS-CoV-2 infectivity potential in municipal wastewater: Implications for public health & water treatment , Justin Donovan
Addressing the Impact of Time-Dependent Social Groupings on Animal Survival and Recapture Rates in Mark-Recapture Studies , Alexandru M. Draghici
The sympathetic neural control of the circulation at rest and during exercise: effects of age, biological sex, and sex hormones , Andrew W. D'Souza
Effect of morphology and an upstream tall building on a street canyon flow , Haoran Du
Terrestrial Craters as Analogues for Degraded Craters on Titan , Taylor M. Duncan
Lipoprotein(a), Oxidized Phospholipids, and Vascular Smooth Muscle Cell Phenotype and Viability , Michael Dunphy
Backboards and Backlash: The Experiences of Women's Intercollegiate Basketball Players Under Title IX, 1975-1992 , Meredyth Dwyer
Settlement Workers in Schools’ (SWIS) Support for K-12 Refugee Students: A Resilience and Compassion-Based Approach , Raghad Ebied
Soundcurrents: Exploring sound’s potential to catalyze creative critical consciousness in adolescent music students and undergraduate music education majors , Jashen i. Edwards
The Combined Effects of Physical Exercise and Cognitive Training on Gait Speed and Primary Motor Cortex Metabolism in Individuals with Mild Cognitive Impairment: A 1H-MRS Analysis , Jack Thomas Emsey Elkas
Young Arabs in Canada: Ethnic Identity and Intersectionality , Rama Eloulabi
Intelligent Automation Solutions for Network Management and Security in 5G Networks: A Study on AutoML and Digital Twins , Mirna El Rajab
Determining the Variability of the As-Placed Dry Density of Gap Fill Material , Mai Elzamel
Using Virtual and Augmented Reality to Teach Children on the Autism Spectrum with Intellectual Disabilities: A Scoping Review , Emily M. Erb
Influence of High-Intensity Interval Running on Femoral Cartilage Deformation in Competitive Runners , Ryan J. Evans
A Direct Measurement Approach to Understanding Influences to Household Food Wasting , Haley Everitt
Exploring Stakeholder Perspectives of Active School Travel Policies in Ontario , Emma Fabri
Hypertension Awareness and Control Among Middle-aged and Older Adults in Canada: Findings from the Canadian Longitudinal Study on Aging , Mohammed A. Fadel
A Novel Two-Stage AC-DC Power Converter with Partial Power Processing , Mina Fakhri
Nonlinear Adaptive Control of Drilling Processes , Maksim Faronov
Generalized Poisson random variables: Their distributional properties and actuarial applications , Pouya Faroughi
The Effect of Coping Verses Mastery Models on the Level of Self-Efficacy for Self-Regulated Music Learning, Self-Efficacy for Classical Guitar Playing and Guitar Achievement for Undergraduate Non-Music Majors , Patrick K. Feely Mr
A Study of Art Song Composition and Interpretation by Three Female German Composers in the Mid-Nineteenth Century , Churan Feng
Numerical modeling and simulation on deformation and failure behaviors of polymeric materials , Heng Feng
A biomechanical comparison of a subacromial balloon spacer, superior capsular reconstruction, and a rigid subacromial spacer in a massive irreparable rotator cuff cadaveric model , Devin Ferguson
Internal Yoneda Ext Groups, Central H-spaces, and Banded Types , Jarl Gunnar Taxerås Flaten
Brain-derived Extracellular vesicles as biomarkers of Parkinson’s disease , Kaitlyn M. Flondra
Controls on organic matter preservation and distribution, Upper Cretaceous Colorado Group , Jessica Flynn
Imaging Features Characterizing the Continuum of Diffuse Idiopathic Skeletal Hyperostosis , Dale E. Fournier
Investigating the Age-Dependent Impact of Lactate Dehydrogenase on Cognition in Flies and Mice , Ariel Khaya Frame
Multi-omics analysis of epithelial ovarian cancer metastasis , Mallory I. Frederick
Development of Advanced Halide-Based Solid-State Electrolytes and Cathode Materials for All-Solid-State Batteries , Jiamin Fu
The Role of Selected Dietary Factors in the Etiology of Sporadic Colorectal Cancer: Results from a Population-Based Case-Control Study , Celine J. Funk
Evaluation of Effectiveness in Seismic Microzonation Hazard Mapping in Canada: Communication, Use, Standardization and Levels , Meredith L. Fyfe
Optimizing and Evaluating Zinc Oxide Nanoparticles as a Matrix for Matrix-Assited Laser/ Desorption Ionization Mass Spectrometry for Small Molecule Detection in Rodent Brain Tissue , Juan Pablo Galindo
Upstream Regulators and Downstream Signals of YAP/TAZ in NAFLD , Chen Jun Gao
Unraveling The Evolution And Diversity Of Giant Plastid Genomes In Chlamydomonadalean Green Algae , Hager Gaouda
The Fate of Carbonate Rocks During Hypervelocity Impacts: Case Studies from Three Impact Structures on Earth , Nicolas D. Garroni
Soil Organic Carbon Dynamics and the Effects of Resident Vegetation in Pelee Island Soils , Colton Geil
Development of Magnetic Particle Imaging for Quantitative Immune Cell Tracking , Julia J. Gevaert
Uncovering the Myths of Shared Reading English Picture Books for Chinese Families: A Narrative Inquiry , Yijuan Ge
Computationally Efficient Modeling of Electrically Short DC Cables with Frequency-Dependent Parameters , Milad Ghazizadeh
Emotion Detection from EEG Signals using Machine Learning Techniques , Tina Gholami
Development of a high-throughput approach for testing optimal fecal microbiota transplant material , Shaeley Jae Gibbons
New Aspects of Scattering Amplitudes, Higher-k Amplitudes, and Holographic Quark Gluon Plasmas , Bruno Giménez Umbert
A Descriptive Intersectional Analysis of Anticipated Discrimination in Transgender and Non-Binary People in Canada , Rachel Girimonte
Investigation of Microplastic Removal Using Foam Produced from Rhamnolipids , Ana M. Giron
Water-fat magnetic resonance imaging for the assessment of human fetal adipose tissue , Stephanie A. Giza
Applying 3D Structured Light Scanning to Roman Leather Insoles From Vindolanda: A Novel Approach to Podiatric Data Collection , Maria Lorene Glanfield
A Comparison of the Thulium Fiber Laser versus Holmium:YAG Laser Lithotripsy of Upper Urinary Tract Calculi: Preliminary Results of a Randomized Prospective Clinical Trial , Eduardo Gonzalez Cuenca
The Experiences of Clinical Placement Belonging Among Nursing Students with Racially and Ethnically Minoritized Identities: An Interpretive Descriptive Study , Connor J. Gould
Innovating Product Meaning with Digital Technology: Case Studies in Electric Vehicles , Haoyue Gu
Witnessing Conspiracy Theories: Developing an Intersectional Approach to Conspiracy Theory Research , David Guignion
The Effect of Central Chemoreceptors on the Peripheral Respiratory Chemoreflex Response to Hypoxia in Humans , Nasimi A. Guluzade
Modelling Prenatal Hypoxia As A Risk Factor For Schizophrenia Vulnerability In Patient-Derived Cerebral Organoids , Dana M. Gummerson
Protein Stability in Solution and in the Gas Phase. , Yousef Haidar
Investigating the Language and Identity Negotiations of Second Generation Canadian-Born Muslim Students at the Post-Secondary Level , Yasmeen Arianna Hakooz
Feasibility of functional MRI on point-of-care MR platforms , Arjama Halder
Framework for Assessing Information System Security Posture Risks , Syed Waqas Hamdani
Functionalizing conjugative systems to deliver CRISPR nucleases for targeted bacterial killing , Thomas A. Hamilton
The effects of elevated carbon dioxide and warming on photosynthesis and growth in five boreal tree species , Julia M. Hammer
A Descriptive Intersectional Analysis of Intimate Partner Violence and Trans-specific Partner Abuse Among Transgender and Non-binary People in Canada , Bisola F. Hamzat
De novo sequencing of multiple tandem mass spectra of peptide containing SILAC labeling , Fang Han
Re-Imagining Indigenous Consultation: An Examination of Canada’s Duty to Consult , Paul Hansen
An Exploration of Experiences of Ontario Teachers with Animals and Their Perception of Animals in the Classroom , Avery M. Harte
Local Model Agnostic XAI Methodologies Applied to Breast Cancer Malignancy Predictions , Heather Hartley
Characterizing SaCas9 and SaCas9[D10E] tolerance to mismatches using Directed Evolution Using Fluorescence Activated Cell Sorting (DEUFACS) , Olha Haydaychuk
Longitudinal dynamics of cerebrospinal fluid Aꞵ, pTau and sTREM2 reveal predictive preclinical trajectories of Alzheimer’s pathology , Bahaaldin Helal
MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING BIOMARKERS FOR PARKINSON’S DISEASE: A MACHINE LEARNING APPROACH , Dimuthu Henadeerage Don
Investigating the language of time: Evaluating the use and comprehension of before and after , Kimberley R. Henderson
Identifying Cognitive Profiles in Children with Neurodevelopmental Disorders Using Online Cognitive Testing , Abagail Hennessy
The Role of Serotonin in the Estradiol-dependent Selectivity of Auditory Regions in Songbirds , Calista J. Henry
Fraction Magnitude Understanding Across Learning Formats: an fMRI Study , Chloe A. Henry
The Role of Psychosocial Factors in Oral Health and Related Major Chronic Conditions , Abby Hensel
A Quantitative Analysis Between Software Quality Posture and Bug-fixing Commit , Rongji He
Molecular Characterization of Osmotin and Four Plasmodesmata Callose Binding Protein Homologs from Arabidopsis in Turnip Mosaic Virus Infection , Rongrong He
Variation in Habitual Activity and Body Composition: A Segmental Body Comparison of Runners and Swimmers , Madelyn Hertz
Advancing Intelligent Interpretation of Remote Sensing Imagery for Disaster-related Applications Using Deep Learning with Limited Labels , Yongjun He
Application of the Machine Learning Tools in the Integrity Management of Pipelines Containing Dent-gouges and Corrosions , Ziming He
The Effects of Self- and Partner- Schemas on Relationship Quality and Depression in Romantic Dyads , Owen Hicks
The Shared Contributions of the Capsule, Labrum, and Bone on the Suction Seal of the Hip , Alexander J. Hoffer
Chemogenetic modulation of microglial activity in vivo , Aja Hogan-Cann
Mechanisms underlying stem cell depletion in ageing. , Mackenzie Hsu
The ventilatory response to modified rebreathing is unchanged by hyperoxic severity: implications for the hyperoxic hyperventilation paradox , Joshua D. Huggard
Affectivity and its Role in Predicting Sociometric Position in Small Group Networks , Roy Hui
Data-driven approach for measuring neighbourhood value: A study of neighbourhood value polarization in 20 US cities using housing transactions data , John P. Hutchenreuther
Anomaly Detection on Partial Point Clouds for the Purpose of Identifying Damage on the Exterior of Spacecrafts , Kaitlin T. Hutton
"Take a walk in my shoes": A narrative account of the experiences of community mobility among older adults living with age-related vision loss (ARVL) , Claire Ibe
PT-Net: A Multi-Model Machine Learning Approach for Smarter Next-Generation Wearable Tremor Suppression Devices for Parkinson's Disease Tremor , Anas Ibrahim
Sociodemographic Factors and the Risk of Paediatric Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest , Samina Idrees
Framework for Modeling and Assessing the Vulnerability of Reinforced Concrete Frames During Post-Earthquake Fire Incidents , MURAD MOFTAH ILOMAME
Spatiotemporal Optimization of Intratumoural Electric Field Modulation for Cancer Therapy , Erin Iredale
A Novel Method for Assessment of Batch Effect on single cell RNA sequencing data , Behnam Jabbarizadeh
Great Hub of Activity: Social Network Analysis of Non-state Private Actors’ Financing Networks in Girls’ and Women’s Education in East Asia and the Pacific and South Asia , Yogesh Jadhav
Spontaneous Intrapersonal Synchrony and the Effect of Cognitive Load , Ramkumar Jagadeesan
Neural Dynamics of Target Processing in Attentional Blink , Mansoure Jahanian
Investigation of the impact-generated hydrothermal system at the West Clearwater Lake impact structure, Quebec, Canada , Juan Pablo Jaimes Bermudez
Smartphones for Smart Eating: Evaluating the Effectiveness of Smartphone Applications on Improving Adolescent Food Knowledge , Heather A. Jantzi
Regulation of Metalloproteinase Activity is Critical for Pulmonary Microvascular Endothelial Cell Barrier Function , Devika P. Jayawardena
Dynamically Finding Optimal Kernel Launch Parameters for CUDA Programs , Taabish Jeshani
Identifying Novel Transcriptional Regulators in Trophoblast Development , Mariyan J. Jeyarajah
Music Making in Elderly Community Program for Korean Immigrants in Canada , H. Elisha Jo
Considerations when Developing an Indigenous Early Learning and Child Care Outcomes Framework within Canada: A Collaboration between a White Settler and Ojibway/Oneida Knowledge Keeper , Bronwyn Johns
Loudness Matching in Individuals with Parkinson’s Disease and Hypophonia , Catherine Johnson
Putting the 'A' in Prosocial: Development and Validation of a Measure of Trait Altruism , Laura K.D. Johnson MSc
Primary Care Physician Engagement in Health System Transformation: A case study , Atharv Joshi
Sarcopenia in Head and Neck Cancer: A Prognostic Analysis , Nedeljko Jovanovic
Understanding the information needs of clients and caregivers regarding early psychosis: A conventional content analysis , Tanvin K. Juneja
Social Determinants of Health and Uptake of Colorectal Cancer Screening in Canada , Seth F. Kadish
Assessment of a Novel High-Density, Full-Head Coverage, Time-Resolved Near-Infrared Spectroscopy (NIRS) Device for Intraoperative Neuromonitoring , Farah Kamar
Assessing the Sensitivity of Cerebral Blood Flow and Oxygenation to High Intracranial Pressure with Near-Infrared Light , Sule Karagulleoglu Kunduraci
Mindfulness Meditation Interventions as a Predictor of Environmental Leadership , Talib Karamally
Nurses’ and Midwives’ Lived Experiences as Mentees in a Clinical Mentorship Program in Rwanda: An Interpretive Phenomenological Study , Yvonne Kasine 2399948
Modeling and multi-objective optimization of wastewater treatment process , Navneet Kaur
Indian and British Women’s Contributions to Modern Theatre in Punjab: 1830s -1940s , Ramanpreet Kaur
Generation Of An Amplifiable Biosensor Based On Conjugation For Detection Of Salmonella In Food Samples , Kyra Keer
Do Clinical Exercise Tests Permit Exercise Threshold Identification in Patients Referred to Cardiac Rehabilitation? , Randi R. Keltz
ASSESSING THE SPATIO-TEMPORAL BEHAVIOURS OF INCOMPLETE SURFACE TEMPERATURES USING THERMAL REMOTE SENSING AND GIS , Derrick Kessie
Optimizing Dynamic Treatment Regimes with Q-Learning: Complications due to Error-Prone Data and Applications to COVID-19 Data , Yasin Khadem Charvadeh
Incorporating Patient Perspectives in Speech-Language Pathology Research: Moving Towards Digital Outcome Measurement in Pediatrics , Sachin Kharbanda Mr.
Exploring the Dimensions and Dynamics of Partnered Sexual Behaviours: Scale Development and Validation Using Factor and Network Analysis , Devinder S. Khera
Data-Driven Exploration of Coarse-Grained Equations: Harnessing Machine Learning , Elham Kianiharchegani
THE HUMAN RIGHT TO DEVELOPMENT: Historical and Contemporary Linkages to Colonialism , Norman R. Kimber
Essays on Monetary Economics , Duhyeong Kim
Mechanistic Insights into High Performance All-Solid-State Li-S Batteries , Jung Tae Kim
Interpersonal Victimization and Polyvictimization: An Examination of Mental Health Service Complexity , Gabrielle K.C. King Ms.
Investigating Cellular Imaging Techniques for Cancer Cell Tracking , Natasha Knier
Novel Magnetic Resonance Imaging-Compatible Mechatronic Needle Guidance System for Prostate Focal Laser Ablation Therapy , Eric R. Knull
Exploring the relationship between hemispheric prefrontal cortex activation, standing balance, and fatigue in individuals post-stroke: A fNIRS study , Sarthak Kohli
Antidepressants versus placebo for generalized anxiety disorder: A systematic review and meta-analysis , Katarina Kopcalic
ART THROUGH A DIGITAL LENS: A STUDY OF THE EFFECTS OF NEW MEDIAS ON THE MUSEUM, ITS WORKS, AND THE PUBLIC. , Shelley Kopp
Assessing Inflammation in the Pathology of Knee Osteoarthritis , Zachary J. Koudys
sweeping the forest floor of frequencies , Maria A. Kouznetsova
The sensory properties of the fast visuomotor system , Rebecca Kozak
Investigation of Sensorimotor Integration and Control in Parkinson’s Disease using Haptics-enabled Robotics and Machine Learning , Yokhesh Krishnasamy Tamilselvam
Selective Activation of Thrombin Activatable Fibrinolysis Inhibitor (TAFI) Attenuates Metastatic and Angiogenic Capabilities of Melanoma and Lung Carcinoma in vitro , Jacklyn Krizsan
How We Debrief: An Interpretive Description of Social Service Community Workers' Experiences , Andrea C. Krywucky
Exploring Collaboration and Evidence-Based Practice in Speech-Language Pathology , Alyssa K. Kuiack
Evaluating the role of GraS and FadXDEBA in promoting Staphylococcus aureus adaptation to host-derived fatty acids encountered at sites of colonization and infection , Robert C. Kuiack
Synthesis of Ni(II) Complexes for Allylic C(sp3)-H Bond Activation for Aerobic Oxidation Catalysis , Shagana Kukendran
Plantar Flexor Dynamic Contractile Rates Are Not Dependent on Calcaneal Tendon Stiffness , Sohum Kulkarni
Citation Polarity Identification From Scientific Articles Using Deep Learning Methods , Souvik Kundu
Deep Learning for Detection of Upper and Lower Body Movements , Kyle B. Lacroix
Hydrophosphorylation of Imines: Synthetic Methodology for the Synthesis of Small Molecules and Materials. , Jan-Willem Lamberink
Knowledge of Late-Emerging Reading Disabilities Amongst Current and Future Ontario Educators , Chastine Lamoureux
Late Neoarchean to middle Paleoproterozoic geology of Devon and Ellesmere islands, Canadian Arctic , Joshua P. Laughton
The Babe, the Virgin, and the Crone: Female Pubertal Development in Medieval and Post-Medieval Arnhem, The Netherlands , Victoria Lavallee
Vertebral Endplate Structural Defects: Measurement, Prevalence and Associated Factors , Aliyu Lawan
Regulatory Implications of Inadequately Designed Pimavanserin Drug Trials Published with Risk of Bias on Expedited Regulatory Approval Processes , Benson Law
Speech and Swallowing Outcomes in Patients Treated for Oral Cavity Cancer , Victoria N. Lebedeva
Social and Health Determinants of Patient Satisfaction and Wait times for Primary Care in Canada , Bill M. Le Mr
The Effects of Cell Envelope Localization of FnBP-A on Staphylococcus aureus FnBP-A Dependent Phenotypes , Camille LeBlanc
Monism and Dialectic , Daniel LeBlanc
Establishing the minimum clinically important difference (MCID) of the Quality of Life in Childhood Epilepsy Questionnaire (QOLCE-55) , Mariela Leda
The Maker - A Multi-Media Opera in Two Acts , Aaron Lee
“Standing Up” to Type 2 Diabetes , Siobhan LeSarge
Remote assessment of finger joint range of motion: Validation of virtual techniques , Sasha G. Letourneau
Effects of self-compassion on the psychobiological responses to weight stigma: A feasibility and proof-of-concept study , Karen K. Leung Miss
Fictions posthumanistes: temporalités, agencements, énonciation , Fanny Leveau
Essays on Multinational Nonmarket Strategy , CHENG LI
Depth-Dependent Analysis of Human Ocular Dominance Columns using fMRI with Phase Regression , Brett T. Liem
Learning Verb-Noun Collocations Through Multiple-Choice Exercises: Do Distractors Benefit or Hinder Later Recall? , Mengxue (Alyssa) Li
The Impact of Access to Oral Health Care on Inadequate Oral Health and Multimorbidity , Luis Limo
The Investigation of Non-STEM Undergraduate Students' Geometric Cognition Development within an Embodied Cognition Lens , Chen Lin
Application of Wavelet Analysis and Random Field in Integrity Management of Pipelines Containing Dents and Corrosions , Junxiong Lin
Estimating the spatial correlation structure of measurement error in functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) to improve multivariate inference , Lingling Lin
Denoising-Based Domain Adaptation Network for EEG Source Imaging , Runze Li
Evaluation of DNA Minicircles for Delivery of Adenine Base Editors Using Activatable Reporter Imaging Systems , Shirley Liu
Parental gender-specific expectations of their children in Mainland China: An intersectional analysis , Xuan Liu
Synthesis and Characterization of Nitride Solid-State Electrolytes for All-Solid-State Lithium Metal Batteries , Weihan Li
Decoy-Target Database Strategy and False Discovery Rate Analysis for Glycan Identification , Xiaoou Li
Deformation and Evolution of Achondrite Parent Bodies , Yaozhu Li
DpNovo: A DEEP LEARNING MODEL COMBINED WITH DYNAMIC PROGRAMMING FOR DE NOVO PEPTIDE SEQUENCING , Yizhou Li
Cyber risk valuation via a hidden Markov-modulated modelling approach , Yuying Li
Model to Support Data-Driven Child Protection Efforts in the Full Cycle of Armed Conflict Violence against Children , Yadira Lizama Mué
Development of Pulsed Laser Deposited TiO2, ZnO and AZO Thin UV-Protection Films for Enhanced Perovskite Photostability , Kate Lochhead
What is Good Sex, and for Whom? A Psychometric Perspective , Nini Longoria
Effects of wind turbine rotor positioning on tornado induced loads , Juan P. Lopez Ortiz
White matter connectome associations with reading functions in children , Chenglin Lou
Petrophysical Properties of the HED Meteorites and the Bushveld Igneous Complex: Implications for Future Asteroid Prospecting Missions , Lukas Louwerse
The Role of the MEK1/2-ERK-RSK Signalling Axis in Innate Immune Memory , Rachel Low
Bilateral Prefrontal Cortex Activation During Ankle Sensorimotor Conditions in People with Subacute Stroke – an Exploratory fNIRS Study , Siying Luan
Being and becoming multilingual within Canadian FSL education , Katherine MacCormac
Relational Variables Impacting the Healthcare Team , Linda J. MacDougall Ms
Identification of a PU.1-regulated repressive region in Aicda gene locus , Allanna MacKenzie
“Is that my agenda or is that serving the client?”: Perspectives of Social Justice-Oriented Counsellors on Working with Clients Who Express Oppressive Views , Lily G. MacKenzie
Demographic Landscape and Practice Patterns of Canadian Orthodontists , Arpen Mahal
Developing A Smart Home Surveillance System Using Autonomous Drones , Chongju Mai
Examining Corporate Litigation: Market Reactions, Resource Allocation, and Trial Outcomes , Nicole E. Makris
Robust and Intelligent Management and Orchestration of Next-Generation Networks and Systems , Dimitrios Michael Manias
Simplified Modeling of Bonded Prestressed High Strength Concrete Girders during Fire Exposure , Yi Mao
The Use of Digital Storytelling in Bilingual/Multilingual Students' Meaning-making: A Systematic Literature Review , Qianhui Ma
Using Formal Epistemology to Model Epistemic Injustice Against Neurodivergent People , Mackenzie Marcotte
Wind Loading Analysis of Standing Seam Metal Roofs on Low-Rise Buildings , Ellen J. Marejka
The inner workings of thrombin-activatable fibrinolysis inhibitor: a study of the TM-mediated activation of TAFI and inactivation of TAFIa , Haley D N Marier
Identifying Sources Of Error In Computer Navigated Total Knee Arthroplasties Using A Metric On SE(3) and Sensitivity Analyses , Nicole E. Martensson
Novel 129Xe Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Spectroscopy Measurements of Pulmonary Gas-Exchange , Alexander M. Matheson
Use of Electrochemical Techniques and Statistical Analysis to Investigate The Pitting Probability of Copper , Sina Matin
A Comparative Study of Cognitive Load and Test-Taking Strategy Use in Video-Based While-Listening Vs. Post-Listening Performance Tests , Yunzhu Ma
MODELLING CELL POPULATION GROWTH , Mahmood Mazarei
Effect of ion irradiation on the rate dependence of plastic deformation of extruded Zr-2.5%Nb , Konrad P. Mazurkiewicz
Soccer Fascism: Sports and International Relations in Italy, 1934-1938 , Hannah Mazzuca
Characterization of the DMD mouse's dynamic skeletal muscle microvascular niche , Andrew McClennan
'Gave His Life for the Empire': Memory, Memorials, and Identity in the British Empire after the First World War , Bryan McClure
Psychometric Validation of the Team Resilience Inventory , Alexander J. McGregor 6971928
Eosinophilic Asthma Response to Therapy: 129Xe Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Computed Tomography , Marrissa Joan McIntosh
A Computational Framework for Aerodynamic and Aeroelastic Modeling of Wind Loads on Tall Buildings , Abiy Fantaye Melaku
For The Love Of A'se'k: Piktukowaq's (Re)Assertion Of Autonomy In Pursuit Of A Healthier Community, Lands, Waters, And Future Generations , Serena E. Mendizabal
The Development and Application of a Novel Index for Assessing Vascular Health Status , Nithin J. Menon
Mechanical response of the craniofacial skeleton to subfracture impacts in the time and frequency domains , Paige Merko
Look-Ahead Selective Plasticity for Continual Learning , Rouzbeh Meshkinnejad
Perceptual benefits from long-term exposure to naturalistic sound patterns , Bruno A. Mesquita
The detectability of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) microsatellite and mitochondrial environmental DNA , Simone N. Miklosi
The Two Visual Processing Streams Through The Lens Of Deep Neural Networks , Aidasadat Mirebrahimi Tafreshi
Exploring the Impact of the Khan Academy Digital Platform on Elementary Students' Anxiety and Problem-Solving Skills During the post Covid-19 Pandemic. , Roksana Mirzaei Ranjbar
Essays on Resilience in the Face of Adversity , Amrita Mitra
The World Awaits! An Audit Study Measuring Employment Outcomes of Study Exchanges , Katelyn Mitri
Childhood Irritability: A Developmental Psychopathology Perspective , Ola Mohamed Ali
Self-perceived Oral Health Status and Oral Healthcare Services Utilization among an Underserved Sample of Pregnant Women in London, Ontario. , Yasaman Mohammadi Kamalabadi
Conceptual Engineering & Contextualism , Madhavi Mohan
Treatment of Blunt Cerebrovascular Injury - A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis, Multicenter Retrospective Review, and Protocol for a Feasibility Randomized Controlled Trial , Jovana Momic
Reimagining Climate Relations with Feminist Earth-Based Spirituality through Common Worlds Ethnography with Young Children , Meagan Montpetit
The Characterization of Hemodialysis Membranes in Miniaturized Dialyzers , Mehrshad Moradshahi
Depression as a Prognostic Factor for Lumbar Spinal Stenosis Outcomes , Ariel M. Morales
The Effects of Acute Exercise on Stress Reactivity, Mind Wandering, and Lecture Comprehension , Anisa Morava
Online Trajectory Generation Strategies for Needle-Based Interventions , Chris Morley
Connectome-Constrained Artificial Neural Networks , Jacob Morra
Shedding Light on Hearing in Coma: Investigating the Applicability of Functional Near-infrared Spectroscopy for Assessing Auditory Function and Aiding Prognosis in Patients with Acute Disorders of Consciousness , Reza Moulavi Ardakani
Human Extinction in the Pessimist Tradition , Ignacio L. Moya
Bodies of Silence and Space: Victimhood, Complicity, and Resistance in Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale , Sana H. Mufti
Torque Expression of Active and Passive Self-Ligating Orthodontic Brackets with Different Archwire Materials , Sidney Mugford
Counsellors' Beliefs on Social Justice and the Medicalization of Counselling , Christopher Mullin
Evolution of overlapping reading frames in virus genomes , Laura Muñoz Baena
Investigation Of Heavy Metal Removal From Synthetic Desalter Effluent Using a Two-Step Approach by Micellar-Enhanced Ultrafiltration and Microbial Fuel Cell , Carlos Munoz-Cupa
An Approach to Lunar Regolith Particle Detection and Classification using Deep Learning , Hira Nadeem
The News Media's (Re)framing of Intimate Partner Violence During the Covid-19 Pandemic and its Implications for Policy Development in Canada: A Critical Content Analysis , Najibullah Naeemzadah
“More Gruesome a Chick Looks, the More I Respect Her Skills”: Toxic Masculinity, Emphasized Femininity, and Media Portrayal/Fan Consumption of the Emergence of Women’s Mixed Martial Arts through Shayna Baszler, Invicta FC, and Ronda Rousey, 2003-2013 , Eva K. Nagel
Head shapes and toothaches: A study of cranial modification and dental pathology at MUNA, a late pre-Hispanic cemetery from the Archaeological Sanctuary of Pachacamac (Lima, Perú). , T Naomi Nakahodo Moromizato
Interventions based on Mindfulness for Socio-emotional Skill Building in Children on the Autism Spectrum: A Systematic Review , Nethnie Thilakna Nandadasa
An Exploration of the Culturally-Rooted Meaning and Consequences of Unintended Adolescent Pregnancy in Rwanda: A Multi-Dimensional Perspective , Jean Pierre Ndayisenga
The changing landscape of orthopaedic surgery in Ontario: Where we are, where we have been, and where we are going. , Silvio Ndoja
The Influence Of Sex And Body Size On The Validity Of The Microsoft Kinect For Measuring Knee Motion During Landing , Jillian Neufeld
The Development of an Expectations Theory of Patent Law by Creating a Nexus with John Locke's Theory of Private Property , Jason D. Newman
Sex Differences in Mood and Anxiety-Related Outcomes in Response to Adolescent Nicotine Exposure , Tsun Hay Jason Ng
Source-free Domain Adaptation for Sleep Stage Classification , Yasmin Niknam
Developing an Online Questionnaire to Investigate the COVID-19 Pandemic’s Impacts on Social Isolation and Health in Older Adults Living with Multimorbidity: A Pilot Study , Patricia Nistor
Exploring how the Perinatal Services of Primary Health Care Settings in Rwanda Support Adolescent Mothers to Inform the Delivery of Trauma- and Violence-Informed Care: An Interpretive Description , Aimable NKURUNZIZA
Data Heterogeneity and Its Implications for Fairness , Ghazaleh Noroozi
Transference Music: For Electric Guitar Soloist and Amplified Orchestra , Andrew Noseworthy
The Effect of Hydrogen Peroxide on the Corrosion Dynamics of Carbon Steel , Kwang Soak Gabriel O'Donnell
Prokofiev and the Soviet Dilemma: Censorship, Autonomy, and the Piano Transcriptions , Connor O'Kane
Pythagorean Vectors and Rational Orthonormal Matrices , Aishat Olagunju
Examining service complexity in children with parents who abuse substances , Macall E. Oldenhof
Exploring Brain-Derived Progenitor Cells as a therapeutic delivery system to Glioblastoma , Andrew T. Olin
Microvascular Responsiveness to Cardiopulmonary Bypass , Michael O'Neil
Validation Study On The Differentiation Of Human Periodontal Ligament Cells In The Presence Of Cementum Protein 1 And Periostin , Deborah A. O'Reilly
Women and Medicine on the Gold Coast, 1880-1945 , Michael Osei
Investigating the Effects of Pandemic Related Workplace Changes on the Wellbeing of Ontario’s Food Hospitality and Food Retail Employees , Alexandra Overvelde
Examining long-term change in employment across men’s and women’s life course using the PSID: Employment stability, multiple jobholding, and women’s labour force participation , Vesna Pajovic
Neuropsychological Outcomes After Cardiac Surgery: A Pilot Feasibility Study , Sydni G. Paleczny
Economics Or Culture? Measuring Economic Thinking And Cultural Enrichment Beliefs About Immigration. , Paolo Aldrin Palma
Control of Shear Layers Using Heating Patterns , Shoyon Panday
Computation as a Planetary Scale Phenomenon , Payoshini Pandey
Adverse Effects and Pharmacokinetic Characteristics of High-Dose Glucocorticoid Treatment in Children with Rheumatic Diseases , Renee X. Pang
Molecular Characterization of the Antiviral Properties of the Small HERC Family of Proteins , Ermela Paparisto
Nearby galaxies: modelling star formation histories and contamination by unresolved background galaxies , Hadi Papei
The Role of Support Following Workplace Harassment Experiences , Victoria H. Paquette
The Development of Stimuli-responsive Hydrogels from Self-Immolative Polymers , Jared David Pardy
Development and Validation of Mechatronic Systems for Image-Guided Needle Interventions and Point-of-Care Breast Cancer Screening with Ultrasound (2D and 3D) and Positron Emission Mammography , Claire KS Park
The Synthesis and Characterization Studies of Modified Nucleobase in PNA and DNA , Gyeongsu Park
Identifying and managing RED-S: What is the physiotherapist experience? A cross-sectional survey of Canadian physiotherapists , Laura J.D. Parkinson
Language, Reading, and Resting-state Oscillatory Power in ADHD, DLD, and Comorbid ADHD/DLD , Kaitlyn M.A Parks Ms
Evaluating the Likelihood of Bug Inducing Commits Using Metrics Trend Analysis , Parul Parul
AI Applications on Planetary Rovers , Alexis David Pascual
A community dweller’s perspective of a day shoulder arthroplasty surgery. , BANSARI D. PATEL Ms.
Sleep and Multimorbidity in the Canadian Longitudinal Study on Aging , Shreni Patel
Building a Platform for Advancing Women's Engagement in Sport , Swarali H. Patil
Using Statistics, Computational Modelling and Artificial Intelligence Methods to Study and Strengthen the Link between Kinematic Impacts and mTBIs , Andrew Luke McConnell Patterson
The Effects of Song Use on Vocabulary Learning: Studies of Distribution of Practice, Modes of Input, Retrieval, and the Input-Output-Input Sequence of Exposure , Niousha Pavia
Exploring the role of the ATRX chromatin remodeling protein in mouse astrocytes , Miguel A. Pena-Ortiz
Exploring Novel Intradialytic Techniques to Identify & Ameliorate of Hemodialysis-induced Myocardial Ischemic Injury , Jarrin D. Penny
Postexercise executive function and cortical hemodynamics during the different phases of the menstrual cycle , Priyanka Persaud
Changes in peatland soil fauna biomass alter food web structure and function under warming and hydrological changes , Trevor L. Pettit
From Micro to Macro: Examining Potential Microbiome Mediated Influences on Human Growth and Health Outcomes Through Breastfeeding and Antibiotic Exposures , Nicole K. Phillips
Offspring Susceptibility of Developing Depressive-like Phenotypes and Metabolic Dysfunction Following Prenatal Alcohol Exposure and Juvenile Stress in a Mouse Model , Amy Pietrantonio
Investigating gender affirmative approaches to counselling: Learning from counsellors in the profession and reflecting on implications for Graduate Counselling Programs , Thomas L. Pigeau
Investigating the Effects of Knee Pain and Inflammation on Joint Loading and Osteoarthritis Disease Progression , Ryan Pinto
Interface Design and Engineering for Sodium Metal Anode , Parham Pirayesh
On Computing Optimal Repairs for Conditional Independence , Alireza Pirhadi
A Scoping Review Examining Treatment Components of Classroom and Small Group School-Based Anxiety and Test Anxiety Interventions , Lindsay B. Pittman
You Unseen Cathedrals: A Study of the Conceptual Conditions of Negativity , Anda Pleniceanu
Canadians Redefining R&B: The Online Marketing of Drake, Justin Bieber, and Jessie Reyez , Amara Pope Ms.
Open-Set Source-Free Domain Adaptation in Fundus Images Analysis , Masoud Pourreza
Investigating the Roles of the Dorsal and Ventral Striatum in Humor Comprehension and Appreciation Throughout Health, Aging, and Parkinson’s Disease , Maggie Prenger
Examining the Emergence of Mood and Anxiety Molecular Phenotypes Resulting from Chronic Prenatal Nicotine Exposure in Cerebral Organoids , Emma K. Proud
Exploring Screen and Social Media Use Among Young Adults With Persistent Post-Concussion Symptoms , Elise Purdy
Mouse Genotyping Array-Based Analysis of Variation at Single Nucleotide Polymorphic Loci in the Context of Macro- and Micro-environments , Freda Qi
Category Learning DLPFC Single-Dissociation by fNIRS , Tim Qiu
Cofounder Selection & Satisfaction: How Entrepreneurial Cofounders Come Together and Succeed Together , Audra G. Quinn
DISENTANGLING THE ROLE OF PARVALBUMIN-EXPRESSING INTERNEURONS IN STIMULUS-RESPONSE LEARNING AND COGNITIVE FLEXIBILITY , Harleen Rai
Metabolomic Biomarkers for Hypertensive Disease of Pregnancy , Akasham Rajagopaul
Investigating the Role of Endothelial BReast CAncer Susceptibility Gene 2 in Doxorubicin-induced Cardiotoxicity , Berk U. Rasheed
Exploration of Repositioned Drugs in the Management of Renal Ischemia Reperfusion Injury. , Sevanthi Ravichandran
Teaching Experiences of Elementary School Teachers: An Analysis in the Post-COVID Era , Ankita Rawat
An Evaluation of a Deep learning approach for Radiation Dose Reduction in 18F-FDG PET/MRI Pediatric Epilepsy Imaging , Confidence Raymond
Assessing Misophonia: Cross-Cultural Validation of the MisoQuest and its Relation with Cognitive Functioning , Kate Raymond
The Effect of Solution Parameters on the Interfacial Chemical Dynamics of Early-Stage Corrosion , Brianna K. Rector
A 10 s: 5 s high-intensity interval training regime improves rowing performance in varsity and international class rowers , Braden J. Reid
Self-Worth and Identity: The Influence of Workplace Violence and Harassment in Canadian Workplaces , Chelsea Reid
Effect of pharmacological inhibition of endogenous hydrogen sulfide production on bladder cancer progression , Sydney Relouw
The Development of the Experiential Impact of Mental Fatigue Scale , Olivia H. Richards
The Populist Radical Right in the United States: Lessons from Europe , Jeremy C. Roberts
Conversion of Biomass Derived Tar in a Catalytic Post-Gasification Process , Floria Rojas Chaves
Age and Sex Differences in Stopover Behaviours and Flight Performance in Black-throated Blue Warblers , Patricia Rokitnicki
Characterizing Human Papillomavirus Associated Oral Epithelial Dysplasia , Damir Rosic
A Modified Hopfield Network for the K-Median Problem , Cody Rossiter
Association of Fall-Related Injuries and Different Diagnoses in Older Adults of Ontario: A Machine Learning Approach , Sorour Rostampour
Surveying the Industry: A Professional Profile of Cultural Resource Management in Canada , Sydney Rowinski
Investigating neutral and climate-linked morphological variation in human femora: A geometric morphometrics approach , Isabelle Rutherford
Stable Isotope Analysis of Breastfeeding and Weaning Practices in 19th Century Montreal , Jess Sadlowski
Predicting Network Failures with AI Techniques , Chandrika Saha
Toward Building an Intelligent and Secure Network: An Internet Traffic Forecasting Perspective , Sajal Saha
Attention-based Multi-Source-Free Domain Adaptation for EEG Emotion Recognition , Amir Hesam Salimnia
Exploring the experience of sexuality and gender during the healthcare transition of the youth with Cerebral Palsy , Umma Salma
Exploration of the Immune Landscape of EBV-associated Gastric Cancers , Mikhail Salnikov
Investigation of the growth, motility, and optical properties of microorganisms in active fluids , Zahra Samadi
Global Cyber Attack Forecast using AI Techniques , Nusrat Kabir Samia
The Effects of Resistance Exercise Training on Insulin Resistance Development in Female Rodents with Type 1 Diabetes , Mitchell James Sammut
Synthesis and modification of cyclic peptide nanotubes as imaging agents , FATIMA AMANDA SANTILLAN ESPINOZA
Return to Play: Impact of Urbanicity and Socioeconomic Status on Parents’ Attitudes Regarding Their Children's Play and Sport During the COVID-19 Pandemic , Kendall Saravanamuttoo
Romantic Citation and the Receding Future , Andrew Sargent
Aging Effects on the Motivational Consequences of Unsuccessful Memory Recall , Rachel Sargeson
Value Added Products from Nonconventional Agricultural Biomass Waste Through Thermochemical Transformation , Nicolas A. Sarmiento
State-of-the-art Approaches for Sequencing, Assembling and Annotating Naphthenic Acid Degrading Bacterial Metagenomes , Henry H. Say
Exploring the Impact of Mood States on Motivation to Consume Food and Non-Food Rewards in Individuals with Loss of Control Eating , Kendall M. Schmidt
Examining Age-related Enhancement of Multisensory Gain: The Role of Sensory Decline and Inverse Effectiveness , Laura C. Schneeberger
Bridging the Gap: Canadian Health Care Providers Perspectives' of Harm Reduction and Substance Use Education in Hospital , Leanne Scott
A Search for Role Clarity: A Critical Discourse Analysis of the RN and RPN Entry-to-Practice Competencies That Shape Nursing Curriculum in Ontario, Canada , Elizabeth M. Seabrook
Intimate Partner Violence, Social Support, Mastery, and Mental Health , Alice Pearl Sedziafa
IMPLEMENTATION OF A PRE-ASSESSMENT MODULE TO IMPROVE THE INITIAL PLAYER EXPERIENCE USING PREVIOUS GAMING INFORMATION , Rafael David Segistan Canizales
Advancing non-invasive imaging techniques for tracking cellular therapeutics in vivo , Olivia C. Sehl
Development of a Cell-based Regenerative Strategy to Modulate Angiogenesis and Inflammation in Ischemic Muscle , Fiona E. Serack
In Utero Magnetic Resonance Relaxometry for Fetal Tissue Development , Simran Sethi
Page 1 of 20
- Accessible Formats
- Notify me via email or RSS
- Expert Gallery
- Online Journals
- eBook Collections
- Reports and Working Papers
- Conferences and Symposiums
- Electronic Theses and Dissertations
- Digitized Special Collections
- All Collections
- Submission Guidelines
- Submit Research
- Submit Thesis/Dissertation
- Thesis Regulation Guide
Home | About | FAQ | My Account | Accessibility Statement | Privacy | Copyright
©1878 - 2016 Western University
Theses and Dissertations
- Getting Started
- University of British Columbia
- British Columbia
International Theses and Dissertations
- How to Cite
- Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD) NDLTD is an international organization dedicated to promoting the adoption, creation, use, dissemination, and preservation of electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs). To make it easier to search across institutional repositories, NDLTD has initiated a project to harvest metadata from university electronic theses and dissertations. Electronic theses and dissertations are harvested monthly from Canadian universities.
- OATD (Open Access Theses and Dissertations) OATD currently indexes almost 3.5 million graduate-level theses and dissertations that are freely available to download and read right now. To the extent possible, they leave out closed-access and embargoed ETDs.
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global This link opens in a new window Good source for U.S. and Canadian theses. International searchable index of dissertations and theses. More than 70,000 new full text dissertations and theses are added to the Proquest database each year through dissertations publishing partnerships with 700 leading academic institutions worldwide and collaborative retrospective digitization of dissertations through UMI's Digital Archiving and Access Program. Full Text dissertations are archived as submitted by the degree-granting institution. Some will be native PDF, some PDF image.
- DART-Europe E-theses Portal DART-Europe is a partnership of research libraries and library consortia who are working together to improve global access to European research theses.
- OAIster OAIster is a union catalog of over 30 million records representing open access digital resources from over 1,500 institutions. OAIster is useful for searching multiple online archives for theses and dissertations simultaneously.
- British Library Ethos: Electronic Theses Online Service (EThOSnet) EThOS is the UK’s national thesis service which aims to maximize the visibility and availability of the UK’s doctoral research theses. There are approximately 380,000 records in this database relating to theses awarded by over 120 institutions. Around 120,000 of these also provide access to the full text thesis, either via download from the EThOS database or via links to the institution’s own repository. Of the remaining 260,000 records dating back to at least 1800, three quarters are available to be ordered for scanning through the EThOS digitisation-on-demand facility.
- Center for Research Libraries (CRL) Foreign Dissertation Database Search 800,000 doctoral dissertations (including those of Albert Einstein, Dag Hammarskjold, and other Nobel laureates) from universities outside the U.S. and Canada. CRL acquired the majority of the collection through deposit from member libraries. CRL continues to acquire about 5,000 titles per year from major universities through demand purchase and deposit.
- Trove (National Library of Australia) Search the Research & Reports category. Includes the details of more than 300,000 theses submitted in, or relating to, Australia.
- << Previous: Canada
- Next: How to Cite >>
- Last Updated: Feb 1, 2022 2:35 PM
- URL: https://guides.library.ubc.ca/theses
- Robertson Library
Theses Canada Portal
Provides full text access to Canadian theses from 1998 onwards held by the National Library of Canada & bibliographic information on theses from 1965.
See also Proquest Open Access Dissertations and Theses and Open Access Theses and Dissertations (both of these are worldwide search tools, not just for UPEI theses)
- Open Access Search
- Open Access Week This link opens in a new window
Open Access LibrarySearch
Doaj: search articles in the directory of open access journals, opendoar: search open repository contents.
- oaDOI "... if there's an open access version of the article, the oaDOI URL will send you there, instead of the paywalled article landing page."
- OpenDOAR: Search open repository contents "This service, based on the Google Custom Search engine, lets you search the contents of the repositories listed in OpenDOAR for freely available academic research information. This quality assured approach minimises (but does not eliminate!) spurious or junk results, and leads more directly to useful and relevant information. Full texts are available for most results."
Open Access Databases
The databases listed below offer full or partial open access to content. Navigate to the subjects below to start exploring:
General reference, statistics & data databases, science & technology databases.
- Agriculture & Botany Databases
- International Databases
Canadian history databases, canadian law & government databases.
- US History & Government Databases
Business & Marketing Databases
Literature databases, art & music databases, education databases.
- DOAJ: Directory of Open Access Journals more... less... Peer reviewed articles in full text from a variety of disciplines
- ibiblio (Univ of North Carolina) - an Internet collection of collections on all subject areas
- Internet Archive "...digital library of Internet sites and other cultural artifacts in digital form. Like a paper library, we provide free access to researchers, historians, scholars, the print disabled, and the general public."
- Google News: Newspaper Archive Search - provides an easy way to search and explore historical archives for events, people, or ideas
- Google Scholar (VIU access) This link opens in a new window more... less... Searches link to VIU resources where applicable. Search across many disciplines and sources: peer-reviewed papers, theses, books, abstracts and articles, from academic publishers, professional societies, preprint repositories, universities and other scholarly organizations.
- MagPortal - search for articles in free magazines e.g. cooking, sports
- NFB Images High Definition footage and archival treasures from the National Film Board of Canada and partners. "NFB IMAGES features images from around the world: classic and contemporary material on war and conflict, industrialization, rural and urban lifestyles, celebrities, wildlife and a treasure trove of film footage on the Arctic."
- NFB website. Online streaming of documentaries, animations, alternative dramas and interactive productions. Free for personal use.
- Paperity Multi-disciplinary aggregator of peer-reviewed Open Access journals and papers, "gold" and "hybrid".
- Public Domain Review more... less... A "curated collection" of material in the public domain. Includes articles, films, images, texts, and audio.
- SPARC - open access research articles and databases
- Theses Canada Portal more... less... Search all theses in Library and Archives Canada's theses collection, which was established in 1965; and access and search the full text electronic versions of numerous Canadian theses and dissertations.
- Wikimedia Commons Database of freely usable media files to which anyone can contribute.
- WorldCat more... less... Find items in libraries near you
- Bartleby.com Reference Works - includes a list of Reference texts e.g. Familiar Quotations, Roget's International Thesaurus, Bible (King James version), Anatomy of the Human Body (Gray's), Robert's Rules of Order, etc.
- CIA : World Fact Book - current country profiles - includes history, people, government, economy, military, and industry
- Dictionary.com - access to several searchable dictionaries
- HighBeam Encyclopedia - search over 100 encylopedias and dictionaries
To learn more about Open Data, be sure to also check out the Open Data page.
- BC Stats This link opens in a new window Access to freely available statistical publications from the province of BC. more... less... Statistics and analysis for the province of BC.
- Population Index - 1986-2000 - Abstracts of demographic literature worldwide
- Statistics Canada Census and various statistics for the Canadian population, including community profiles, GDP, unemployment, consumer price index, etc.
- Sourcebook of Criminal Justice Statistics (U.S.) - includes data for more than 100 sources on all aspects of criminal justice - includes over 600 data tables
- US Census Bureau - the primary source for US Census records
- World Development Indicators (& other World Bank databases) This link opens in a new window more... less... World Development Indicators by country, with tools for comparison and reporting; presented together with other databases on development topics.
- Arctic Science and Technology Information System (ASTIS) more... less... Database of records describing publications and research projects about northern Canada. This project of the Arctic Institute of North America at the University of Calgary also maintains subset databases about specific regions, subjects and projects.
- Biographical Memoirs of the National Academy of Sciences - brief biographies of deceased members of the U.S. National Academy of Sciences
- Cold Regions Bibliography - contains over 220,000 bibliographic records on Antarctica, cold regions science and technology
- Collection of Computer Science Bibliographies - provides bibliographies for literature in computer science for journal articles, conferences, and technical papers
- PLoS: Public Library of Science - "a nonprofit organization of scientists and physicians committed to making the world's scientific and medical literature a freely available public resource"
- SciELO: Scientific Electronic Library Online - scholarly literature in sciences, social sciences, arts & humanities published in open access journals from Latin American, Portugal, Spain and South Africa
- Science Government - gateway to science information provided by U.S. government agencies
- SciLit Database of open scientific & scholarly literature
- Waves - (Fisheries and Oceans Canada) - search the WAVES database for books, reports, government documents, theses, conference proceedings and journal titles
Agriculture & Botany Databases
- Agricola (Agricultural Online Access) - 1979 to current - Over 1,900,000 citations
- Kew Bibliographic Databases (Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew) - three searchable databases for botanical information: Taxonomic Information, Economic Botany, and Plant Micromorphology
- North American Ethnobotany (University of Michigan) - database of citations to articles about foods, drugs, dyes, and fibers derived from plants and used by Native American peoples
- Alexandria Digital Library Project: Gazetteer Development (Dictionary of Place Names)
- Geobase - (Canadian Council on Geomatics) - "to ensure the provision of, and access to, a common, up-to-date and maintained base of quality geospatial data for all of Canada" more... less... Note: This is a different resource than the VIU Library's database which is also called Geobase.
- Treesearch (USDA Forest Service) - records of Forest Service Research publications - includes some full text
- HIV/AIDS Info Center - access to U.S. resources on HIV/AIDS clinical research, treatment, prevention, drugs & vaccines, and medical practice guidelines
- Bioline International Journals more... less... Open access to peer reviewed bioscience journals published in developing countries. These journals contain timely research on public health, international development, tropical medicine, food and nutritional security and biodiversity.
- BioMed Central - provides over 203 peer reviewed open access journals in medicine and biology
- ChEMBL Database more... less... Information on the properties and activities of drugs and drug-like small molecules and their targets. The database is part of the ChEMBL resources at the EMBL-EBI.
- Chemistry Central - publishes peer reviewed open access research in chemistry
- Clinical Trials - "a registry of federally and privately supported clinical trials conducted in the United States and around the world"
- Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (CDSR) Database for systematic reviews in health care
- Free Medical Journals more... less... A service of AMEDEO, created to serve the needs of healthcare professionals, including physicians, nurses, pharmacists, administrators, other members of the health professions, and patients and their friends. They can easily access timely, relevant information within their respective fields.
- Highwire Press (from Stanford University, U.S.) - over 15 million scientific and medical articles, including some full text
- MedKnow Publications - academic and scientific biomedical journals published in India, including peer reviewed journals - provides lists for hospitals, physicians, prescription information, clinical trials, etc.
- MedLine Plus (U.S. National Library of Medicine)) Medical information on over 740 topics, including systems of the body, compiled by the U.S. National Library of Medicine. Includes diagrams and videos.
- NLM - National Library of Medicine Gateway - U.S. Search multiple free databases related to medicine and health
- PubMed more... less... PubMed includes links to full-text articles which may be found in other databases such as PubMed Central or at publisher web sites. Includes citations for biomedical articles from MEDLINE and life science journals back to 1948.
- PubMed Central U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) free digital archive of biomedical and life sciences journal literature
- African Journals Online Promoting access to African research.
- Arto (from National Library of Finland) - provides "free access to a searchable database of journal articles from over 600 scholarly journals published in Finland from 1990 onwards" - includes areas of the sciences, social sciences and humanities
- Esp@cenet (European Patent Office) - provides searching of online patent information. See the Help Index for coverage and search fields
- FreeBMD FreeBMD is an ongoing project, the aim of which is to transcribe the Civil Registration index of births, marriages and deaths for England and Wales, and to provide free Internet access to the transcribed records.
- iPortal (Indigenous Studies Portal) The Indigenous Studies Portal (iPortal) is a database of full-text electronic resources such as articles, e-books, theses, government publications, videos, oral histories, and digitized archival documents and photographs. The iPortal content has a primary focus on Indigenous peoples of Canada with a secondary focus on North American materials and beyond.
- Archives Canada Search holdings of over 800 Canadian archives
- Multicultural Canada - includes "newspapers, oral histories, photographs, books, newsletters, legal documents, meeting minutes and other ephemeral materials"
- Our Roots Collection of digitized Canadian local histories in French and English, with learning packages for students and teachers.
- Points to the Past: Gale Digital Archives (Free access within BC only ) more... less... Includes: Gale Artemis: Primary Sources ... wide array of primary source material from the 17th, 18th & 19th centuries, including Indigenous Peoples: North America. Chatham House Online Archive ... publications and archives of the Royal Institute of International Affairs is a multi-disciplinary resource bringing a 20th and 21st century world perspective to researchers and students. Slavery and Anti-Slavery: A Transnational Archive ... historical archive that embraces the scholarly study of slavery in a comprehensive, conceptual, and global way. State Papers Online, 1509-1714 ... gathers together 16th- and 17th- century British State Papers and links these rare historical manuscripts to their fully text-searchable calendars. Gale NewsVault ... delivers single-point access to Gale’s ever-growing collection of historical newspapers and periodicals — currently more than 12 million digitized facsimile pages from newspapers and periodicals around the world. British Literary Manuscripts Online ... hundreds of thousands of pages of rare manuscripts, poems, plays, essays, novels, diaries, journals, correspondence, and other manuscripts from the year 1100 through the Victorian era. Declassified Documents Reference System ... provides direct information on the critical policies and events of post World War II era, including reports from Cabinet meeting minutes, National Security Council policy statements, CIA intelligence studies, presidential conferences, State Department political analyses, and Joint Chiefs' papers.
- BC Laws: Revised Statutes and Consolidated Regulations of British Columbia more... less... This free site provides convenience copies of B.C. Acts and Regulations.
- BC Legislative Library Newspaper Index
- CanLII more... less... Canadian Legal Information Institute: provides the full-text of legislation and court decisions for Canada and for each of the provinces, including Supreme Court of Canada decisions back to 1876.
- Open Parliament Independent, non-governmental site containing information on MPs, bills, debates, committees, and more.
United States History & Government Databases
- American Memory Collection -Library of Congress - provides access to some of LC collection, including a large quantity of digitized primary source material
- Catalog of U.S. Government Publications - from 1976 to present - indexes both print and electronic publications
- Energy Citations Database (U.S. Department of Energy) - provides free access to over 2.6 million science research citations with over 221,000 electronic documents, primarily from 1943 forward
- Making of America (Cornell University) - "a digital library of primary sources in American social history from the antebellum period through reconstruction"
- Information Bridge (US Department of Energy) - from 1995 to current - provides over 58,000 DOE research & development reports in full text in the sciences (physics, chemistry, materials biology, environmental sciences, energy technologies, engineering, computer & information science, and renewable energy)
- National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) - archives of the U.S. government - provides online exhibits. historical & primary documents
- National Environmental Publications Internet Site (U.S.) - access to thousands of EPA documents, some in full text, some in citation
- National Transportation Library (U.S.) - from 1960 to current - provides over 500,000 bibliogrpahic records concerning tranportation research published in books, journals, and reports
- U.S. Democracy: Core Documents - direct online access to federal government documents e.g. Bill of Rights, Declaration of Independence, Articles of Confederation, Abraham Lincoln papers, USA Constitution, etc.
- US Government Publishing Office - provides free access to important federal publications (official versions) e.g. Congressional Bills - see A-Z Resource List
- USPTO Patent Database (U.S. Patent and Trademark Office) - allows searching of bibliographic information (e.g. titles, inventors, assignees, class codes, references)
- USPTO Trademark Database - allows searching of data (e.g. titles, owners, relevant dates) back to 1984
- Bizjournals - includes local news, business stories throughout the U.S.
- EDGAR more... less... Full text filings for all North American public companies and mutual funds. Coverage is for the previous 4 years. Industry information is covered in the 10-k forms of individual companies.
- Hearth - electronic collection of books and journals in Home Economics from 1850-1950 (full text)
- Hoover's more... less... Brief company profiles, description, financial records, competition
- OECD: Organisation for Economic and Co-Operative Development more... less... Statistics, publications and documents of the OECD related to sustainable economic growth, employment, living standards, financial stability, economic development, and world trade
- SEDAR more... less... - 1997 to current - Electronic filing system for the disclosure of securities documents for public companies and investment funds across Canada
- Vintage Ad Browser 100,000+ vintage advertisements to explore. Images in .jpg format.
- Chaucer Bibliography Online (Univ of Texas and Chaucer Society) - includes Chaucer studies from 1975 to the present
- HathiTrust - includes digitizations of books on various topics
- Index Translationum (UNESCO) - literature in translation - works can be searched in original language
- Online Books Page - lists over 25,000 free books by author, title, and subject along with options such as 'Banned Books Online,' Prize Winning Books,' etc.
- Project Gutenberg - free full text electronic book collection
- Bibliography of the History of Art (BHA) more... less... Comprehensive bibliography of scholarly writing about the history of western art. Includes the International Bibliography of Art (IBA), covering the years 2008 and part of 2009. Journals Included in BHA (PDF, 308 K)
- Canadian Music Periodical Index (CMPI) Includes entries on articles dating from the late-19th century to the present day. Canadian music journals, newsletters and magazines are represented here, many of which are currently active
- Educator's Reference Desk more... less... From the Information Institute of Syracuse, this resource includes links to lesson plans, online education information, and question archive responses.
- ERIC: Education Resources Center - 1966 to current - Some full text - Journal and non-journal resources
- Next: Open Access Week >>
- Last Updated: Jan 23, 2023 11:33 AM
- URL: https://library.viu.ca/db_open
- Careers at VIU
- International Students
- Programs and Courses
- Nanaimo (Main Campus)
- Parksville-Qualicum Centre
- Powell River
- Admission Requirements
- Dual Credit
- Financial Aid and Awards
- Graduate Programs
- Online Education
- Transfer Students
- Student Housing
- Campus Recreation
- Campus Store
- Food Services
- Health and Wellness
- Services for Students
- VIU Mariners Athletics
- Campus Information
- Emergency Information
Canada dissertation database
Doctoral thesis geography, ap european history essay help, design/build.
At Plantique, we offer a full range of high-quality services to upgrade your home’s or commercial property’s landscape. Whether your project is large or small, we can help. Have the outdoor living space you’ve always dreamed of.
Plantique offers landscape maintenance for both residential and commercial customers and applications, including emergency work and scheduled maintenance programs.
What Our Customers Are Saying
- Dissertation survey
- Essays on civilization in the west
- Help with intermediate algebra homework
- Custom Decks, Fences, Pergolas & Garden Structures
- Custom Sunrooms, Porches & Pavilions
- Patio, Walks & Firepits – Paver Block, Brick, Natural Stone & Masonry
- Planting & Gardening
- Pools, Spas, Ponds & Waterfalls
- Outdoor Lighting Systems
- Business plan writers orange county
- Computer Aided Landscape Design & 3D Walk Through
- How to write a high school application essay me
- English phd dissertation
- Mowing, Tree, Shrub & Lawn Care
- Njit admission essay
- Fertilization & Aeration
- Trimming & Pruning
- Pond Maintenance
- Snow & Ice Removal Services
- 6344 Schantz Rd. Allentown, PA 18104