No products in the basket.
270+ Management Research Topics for College Students in Kenya
The goal of academic research on management is to improve the practice of management. This goal is achieved by developing and disseminating new knowledge about management. The methods of academic research on management are those of the scientific method, including the use of empirical evidence (based on observing, measuring, and experimenting).
In academic research on management, the scientific method is used to develop and test theories about how to make management more effective. Theories are based on observations of how people and organizations behave. They are tested by conducting experiments or by analyzing data from real-world situations.
Theories that are supported by evidence from experiments or data analysis are considered to be supported by the scientific method. Theories that are not supported by evidence are considered to be unsupported. The goal of academic research on management is to develop and disseminate new knowledge about how to make management more effective.
This list gives you access to 270+ management research topic ideas you can use for your next academic project. Modify as necessary to come up with a unique and interesting research topic for your project.
General Management Topics for College Students in Kenya
- How can organisations better motivate employees?
- How can leaders effectively manage change within their organisation?
- How does Corporate Social Responsibility impact upon business?
- How effective are communication channels within an organisation?
- How can human resource management practices be improved?
- What impact does globalisation have upon businesses?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of outsourcing?
- How can businesses better manage customer relationships?
- How important are innovation and creativity to business success?
- How can businesses better motivate staff?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of downsizing?
- How can businesses better manage knowledge?
- How can businesses better utilise information technology?
- What are the implications of the internet of things for businesses?
- How can businesses better protect their data?
- What are the implications of Brexit for businesses?
- How can businesses better manage supply chain risks?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of mergers and acquisitions?
- How to manage maternal healthcare during a pandemic
- Effects of gender-inclusive gate-keeping and the influence of predecessors on female CEOs’ success
- How Daily Psychological Power affects organizational management
- What are the implications of the sharing economy for businesses?
- How can businesses better manage their reputation?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of private equity investment?
- What are the implications of the rise of artificial intelligence for businesses?
- How can businesses better manage cyber security risks?
- The best business management practices during a pandemic
- Educational management approaches during a pandemic
- How to manage a hospital during a pandemic
- How important are sustainability issues for businesses?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of franchising?
- What are the implications of the gig economy for businesses?
- How do management practices relate to productivity?
- How Psychosocial Hazards affect risk management at the workplace
- How can project management be improved within businesses?
- How effective are team working practices within businesses?
- How can businesses better monitor and control risks?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of e-commerce?
Strategic Business Management Research Topics for College Students in Kenya
- How can strategic management help organizations achieve their goals?
- What are the key components of a successful strategic management process?
- How can organizations ensure that their strategic management processes are effective?
- What are the common pitfalls in strategic management?
- How can strategic management be used to create competitive advantage?
- What are the best practices for developing and managing effective supply chain strategies?
- Discuss how a SWOT analysis can be used to identify potential risks
- What are the key challenges in implementing and managing effective strategy?
- Discuss the effectiveness of planning for internet-based inter-organizational systems
- What are the determinants and impacts of the Merger Paradox?
- Discuss the interconnected firms’ competitive advantage
- What are the most effective ways to measure the success of strategic management?
- How can organizations overcome the challenges associated with managing change?
- What are the best practices for developing and managing innovation?
- How can strategic management be used to improve operational performance?
- What are the most effective ways to manage risk?
- How can strategic management be used to improve financial performance?
- What are the best practices for developing and managing talent?
- How can succession planning be used to ensure that organizations have the right people in place to meet future challenges?
- How has outsourcing evolved as a business strategy?
- Can business imitation be used as a corporate strategy?
- Co-Opetition- What are the challenges and promises
- What are the most effective ways to motivate employees?
- How can communication be used to support and enhance the strategic management process?
- What are the best practices for developing and managing effective teams?
- How can conflict be effectively managed within organizations?
- What are the best practices for developing and managing effective organizational structures?
- Discuss culture-sensitive worldwide strategies
- What is a holistic approach to organizational planning?
- Use a case study to explain strategic management
- How does a business strategy affect the mission and vision of a company?
- Explain what makes a corporate business plan efficient and effective
- Explain the best ways to make strategic decisions in a high-velocity context
- How can a company use innovation as its strategy in a network market?
- How can power and politics be effectively managed within organizations?
- What are the best practices for developing and managing effective cultures?
- How can ethical considerations be effectively addressed in the strategic management process?
- How can technology be effectively used to support the strategic management process?
- Discuss the corporate objectives of a multinational company and its external impacts
- Highlight the strategic outlook of a multinational company and its major performances
- How can a company use technology strategically to beat competitors?
- Discuss a cost-benefit analysis of business strategies that put education first
- What are the best practices for developing and managing global strategies?
- How can organizations effectively manage the challenges associated with growth?
- What are the best practices for developing and managing effective marketing strategies?
- How can pricing be used as a strategic tool?
- What are the best practices for developing and managing effective sales strategies?
- How can customer relationships be effectively managed?
- Evaluate the internal environment of a multinational company with an example
- Discuss the SWOT and PESTEL analysis report of a renowned corporation
Human Resource Management Research Topics for College Students in Kenya
- How can HR help reduce employee turnover?
- The evolving nature of the mid and late-careers
- Managing turnover in the aviation industry
- How can HR help improve employee productivity?
- How can HR help improve employee engagement?
- How to ensure proper career management
- A guide for transitioning careers
- How can HR help create a positive work environment?
- How can HR help reduce workplace stress?
- Human resource management approaches in the 21st century
- How can HR help promote work-life balance?
- How can HR help reduce absenteeism?
- How can HR help reduce employee tardiness?
- How can HR help improve communication in the workplace?
- How does the management contribute to the success of a business?
- Describe the best ways to manage an organization
- How can the management of a company make employees happy and satisfied?
- How can HR help reduce conflict in the workplace?
- How can HR help promote teamwork in the workplace?
- How can HR help improve morale in the workplace?
- How can HR help identify training and development needs?
- How can HR help create development plans?
- Managing the human resource in a new economy
- Is working at home a challenge to traditional human resource management?
- How can HR help implement training and development programs?
- How can HR help evaluate the effectiveness of training and development programs?
- How can HR help identify succession planning needs?
- How can HR help create succession plans?
- How can HR help implement succession plans?
- How an organization can use its profits to motivate employees
- Can an organization prosper without a good management team?
- How can HR help evaluate the effectiveness of succession plans?
- How can HR help develop compensation plans?
- How can HR help implement and administer compensation plans?
- How can the human resource department use non-monetary incentives to enhance workforce performance?
- How can an organization manage geographical and cultural turmoil between employees from different places?
- How can HR help evaluate the effectiveness of compensation plans?
- How can HR help develop and implement benefits programs?
- Performance appraisal automation in the information technology industry
- Changing functional activities of the 21st century’s HR managers
- The selection criteria for ranking job candidates
- How can HR help administer benefits programs?
- How can HR help evaluate the effectiveness of benefits programs?
- How to manage modern, flexible labor
- How to use the human resource to enhance external competitiveness
- Qualities of the best wellness program for employees
- How can HR help develop and implement employee retention programs?
- How can HR help administer employee retention programs?
- How can HR help evaluate the effectiveness of employee retention programs?
- How can HR help develop and implement exit interviews?
Healthcare Management Research Topic Ideas for College Students in Kenya
- How can healthcare organizations improve communication and collaboration between different departments?
- How can healthcare organizations reduce costs while still providing high-quality care?
- How can healthcare organizations improve patient safety?
- How can healthcare organizations better manage chronic diseases?
- How can healthcare organizations improve the quality of care for mental health conditions?
- How can healthcare organizations better engage patients in their own care?
- How can healthcare organizations reduce the risk of medical errors?
- How can healthcare organizations better manage data and information?
- 9. How can healthcare organizations improve the efficiency of care delivery?
- What are the best practices for organizational change management in healthcare organizations?
- How can healthcare organizations better manage risk?
- How can healthcare organizations improve patient satisfaction?
- How can healthcare organizations better meet the needs of an aging population?
- How can healthcare organizations better meet the needs of patients with multiple chronic conditions?
- How can healthcare organizations better meet the needs of patients with complex health needs?
- How can healthcare organizations better integrate care for physical and mental health conditions?
- How can healthcare organizations better use technology to improve care delivery?
- How does staff training affect quality service delivery and management?
- Do surgeons play management roles in healthcare facilities?
- How can the hospital management help a registered nurse to become a qualified physician?
- How can healthcare organizations better address the social determinants of health?
- Can the management of a healthcare facility use innovation as a growth strategy?
- How can the management monitor the use of social media in a healthcare setting?
- How can hospital management resolve conflicts among nursing teams
- How does patient service correlate with revenue?
- What are the key management principles for professionals in the healthcare system?
- How can the management of a healthcare facility improve staff relations?
- How can healthcare organizations better meet the needs of rural populations?
- Who are third-party players in the management of healthcare facilities?
- How can the management of a healthcare facility form strategic alliances?
- How can healthcare organizations better meet the needs of patients with disabilities?
- How can healthcare organizations better meet the needs of patients with cultural and linguistic differences?
- How does the management of a private hospital differ from that of a public hospital?
- What role does human resource management play in a hospital?
- What is the legal responsibility of the management of a hospital?
- How can healthcare organizations better meet the needs of pregnant and parenting patients?
- How can healthcare organizations better meet the needs of victims of domestic violence?
- How can healthcare organizations better meet the needs of survivors of sexual assault?
- What are the best practices for developing and implementing healthcare policies?
- What are the major management functions in a healthcare setting?
- Discuss financial and accounting reporting in a healthcare institution
- How can the management coordinate patients and nurses
- Who are the key players in the management of a healthcare system?
- How can healthcare organizations better coordinate care across different providers?
- How can healthcare organizations better manage chronic pain?
- Is the hospital management responsible for any failure during a surgery?
Financial Management Research Topics for College Students in Kenya
- How do college students manage their finances?
- How does financial aid affect college students’ financial management?
- What are the most effective methods for budgeting and saving money in college?
- What are the biggest financial concerns for college students?
- How do college students make money?
- What are the best ways to avoid or get out of debt in college?
- How do college students save for their future?
- How an expert and professional financial manager can save a business
- What is the role of a business manager within an organization?
- How to beat finance management problems that can bring problems in business finances management
- How can an organization decide the employees’ salary when undergoing a financial crisis?
- What are the biggest financial mistakes college students make?
- What are the biggest financial challenges college students face?
- Why are records of financial transactions important for an organization?
- How can financial records be used to make sound decisions for an organization?
- Can a business succeed without running an effective financial department?
- How proper financial management can help a start-up overcome emerging issues
- Interchange of electronic data and electronic transfer of funds
- How can college students make the most of their money?
- How do college students pay for their education?
- What are the best methods for finding scholarships and financial aid?
- What are the biggest financial hurdles college students face when it comes to paying for their education?
- How do college students manage their student loans?
- What are the best ways to save money on textbooks and other college expenses?
- How do college students find affordable housing?
- What are the best ways to save money on food while in college?
- How do college students pay for their transportation?
- What are the best ways to stay safe and secure financially in college?
- What is the importance of the finance and accounting departments of an organization?
- What financial aspects should a company consider during an acquisition or merger?
- What are the key principles of financial management?
- How do college students manage their credit?
- What are the best ways for college students to build credit?
- How do college students use credit cards responsibly?
- What are the biggest financial risks college students face when it comes to using credit cards?
- How do college students manage their money when they study abroad?
- What are the best ways for college students to find part-time jobs?
- How budgetary controls affect organizational study performance
- Financial challenges and prospects of mobile banking
- How electronic banking affects customer satisfaction
- How an organization can analyze financial statements to assess its performance
- How do college students balance work and school?
- What are the best ways for college students to manage their time?
- How do college students make money while in college?
- What are the best ways for college students to find scholarships and financial aid?
- What are the biggest financial challenges college students face when it comes to paying for their education?
- How proper financial management leads to the success of a business
- How do financial markets relate to banking systems?
- What aspects of running a business should be under the financial manager?
- How traditional finance differs from behavioral finance
Sports Management Research Topics for College Students in Kenya
- How can sports management help athletes to perform at their best?
- What are some of the latest trends in sports management?
- How can sports management help to improve team morale and performance?
- What are some of the challenges faced by sports managers today?
- How can sports management help to reduce injuries in athletes?
- How schools can use sports to enhance child development
- How sporting activities can enhance brain development
- How can national teams select and manage players
- What are some of the latest developments in sports medicine?
- How can sports management help to improve the quality of life for athletes?
- How can sports management help to improve the quality of facilities?
- What are some of the latest developments in sports technology?
- How team managers can avoid and prevent injuries during football matches
- What are some of the latest developments in sports psychology?
- How can sports management help to improve the level of competition?
- What are some of the latest developments in sports law?
- How can sports management help to improve the level of player development?
- What are some of the latest trends in player recruitment?
- How can sports management help to improve the level of fan engagement?
- What are some of the latest developments in sports marketing?
- How can sports management help to improve the level of media coverage?
- What are the key leadership approaches in sports management?
- Which are the best ways to manage risk in professional football?
- How can team managers address violence in sports?
- What are some of the latest developments in sports event management?
- How can sports management help to improve the level of athlete development?
- What are some of the latest trends in sports sponsorship?
- How can sports management help to improve the level of athlete performance?
- What are some of the latest trends in sports nutrition?
- How can sports management help to improve the quality of coaching?
- How team managements can come up with the right sports policies
- What safety issues should scuba diving managers address?
- How can technology be used to manage different teams in sports?
320+ Excellent Sociology Research Topics for College Students in Kenya
ContentsGeneral Management Topics for College Students in KenyaStrategic Business Management Research Topics for College Students in KenyaHuman Resource Management Research Topics for College Students in…
265+ Project Management Research Topics for College Students in Kenya
Explore this list of 265+ project management research topics for college students in Kenya to get the perfect topic for your next project
250+ Economics Research Topic Ideas for College Students in Kenya
Economic research can help policymakers understand the effects of their decisions. If the government decides to increase the minimum wage,
230+ Sustainability Research Topics for College Students in Kenya
290+ Nursing Research Topics & Project Ideas for College Students in Kenya
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Special Needs
- Student handbook
- HIV Sensitization
- Face to Face Learning
- Students Emails
- Faculty Management
- Administrative Staff
- Technical staff
- Support Staff
- Faculty Library
- UoN Library
- Alumni Profiles
- Join our Alumni
- Local Partners
- Online Learning Platforms
- Intro to SMIS
- 2021 Graduation Ceremony
© University of Nairobi 2023. All rights Reserved.
- Skip to primary navigation
- Skip to main content
- Skip to primary sidebar
Latest Education News in Kenya
Best List of Final Year Research Project Topics
Last updated on: March 30, 2020 by Elvis Nyakangi Leave a Comment
Compilation Best Research topics in Kenya for your project
Find below a comprehensive Best List of Final Year Research Project Topics. The research projects have been compiled by our team of authors and the list keeps on being increased. We are aiming to reach 1000 Best Final Year Research Project Topics.
Some of the course topics we cover include;
- Media and Communication Final Year Research Project Topics
- Economics Final Year Research Project Topics
- Business Final Year Research Project Topics
- Education Final Year Research Project Topics
- Mathematics Final Year Research Project Topics
- Human Resource Final Year Research Project Topics
- Engineering Final Year Research Project Topics
- Information Science Final Year Research Project Topics
- Political Science Final Year Research Project Topics
- Management Final Year Research Project Topic
- Law Final Year Research Projects
- Medicine Final Year Research Projects
- Arts and sciences Final Year Research Projects
We have begun by listing final year research projects on courses like media and communication and economics. By the end of the week we would have covered all other courses Listed above.
Media and communication Final year research project topics
- The role of television in the electoral process in Kenya
- The role of media in re-branding Kenya
- The challenges facing freedom of the press in Kenya
- Analysis of Newspapers on the coverage of crime in Kenya
- The role of the media in the campaign against poaching in Kenya
- The role of the media in the campaign against drug abuse in Kenya
- The role of the campus press in the campaign against corruption in University
- The role of the media in the campaign against corruption in Kenya
- Significance of phone conversation in the Kenya radios
- The role of the media in empowering women
- Role of the media in educational development in Kenya
- The role of the media in promoting culture among youths
- The impact of media in a winning candidate in an election
- Media as a tool for national integration
- The impact of local media on HIV/AIDS eradication in Kenya
- The role of media in economical development of Kenya
- The use of government owned media houses for spreading propaganda
- Effectiveness of Male vs. female anchors
- Challenges facing community based radio stations
- The role of media in enhancement of national security
Economic final year research project topics
- The impact of online banking on the economic growth of Kenya
- The impact of increasing interest rates on manufacturing area of the Kenyan economy
- Financial division development and the economy of Kenya
- Impacts of electronic banking in Kenya banks
- Effect of foreign investment on the economic development of Kenya
- The determining factor of investment in Kenya
- The impact of agricultural production on the economy of Kenya
- The impact of exchange rates on manufacturing industries
Don’t miss to check browse our website. We keep adding a list of Final Year Research Project Topics in other remaining courses. Reach us through our Facebook campus page here for more inquires.
We have also uploaded a comprehensive a guide on how to write a fourth year research project from scratch to end by the end of this week. Just browse on our search button on the top.
Lastly, do you have any question about this post or something else? We are responding. Ask us a question or register to join a community of 235k+ members that receive latest education news.
Add your school to Kenyayote Schools
Leave a reply cancel reply.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
- Repository Home
Proposal Titles for Projects and Theses (PT)
By Issue Date Authors Titles Subjects
Search within this community and its collections:
These are topics currently under research
Sub-communities within this community
Pt-school of agriculture & enterprise development , pt-school of applied human sciences , pt-school of business , pt-school of economics , pt-school of education , pt-school of engineering and technology , pt-school of environmental studies , pt-school of health sciences , pt-school of hospitality and tourism management , pt-school of humanities and social sciences. , pt-school of public health , pt-school of pure and applied sciences , pt-school of visual and performing arts , recent submissions.
Teacher Competency as a Determinant of Mathematics Achievement among Class Six Learners with Dyscalculia in Mbeere South Sub County, Kenya
Borrowers’ Non-Financial Information and Quality of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise Loans among Commercial Banks in Nairobi City County, Kenya
Effects of Makueni Budget Economic Forum on Public Participation, Kenya
Selected characteristics and their effects on socio-economic wellbeing of motorcycle taxi riders in Homa Bay County, Kenya
Effects of teachers adversity quotient on secondary school students’ academic performance in KCSE in Kiambu and Nairobi Counties, Kenya.
Care-Givers’ Knowledge, Attitudes And Practices On Complementary Feeding Of Children 6-23months Of Age In Out-Patient Therapeutic Programs In Nairobi County, Kenya
Determinants of information and communication technologies integration in instruction in early childhood teacher education in selected universities in Kenya
School related factors contributing to geography performance among form three and four students in public secondary schools: Vihiga sub-county
Relationship between teacher factors and job satisfaction among pre-school teachers in Nyali constituency, Mombasa County
Parental involvement’s influence on access-transition rate from pre-primary to primary education in Kakamega Central sub county, Kakamega County, Kenya.
Effects of capital structure on the cost of capital of firms listed at the Nairobi Securities Exchange, Kenya
Language change as observed in the names used to refer to the months of the year in Ekegusii
Home-based, school-based and socio-cultural factors influencing girls’ and boys’ KCSE examination performance in Murang’a Public mixed day secondary Schools, Kenya
Effect of budgeting process on budget variance in public secondary schools in Rongo Sub-County, Kenya
Parental involvement, in their lower primary pupils’ homework, in Laikipia East Sub County Laikipia County, Kenya
Relationship between teacher education and preschoolers’ acquisition of numeracy skills in Hananasif Ward, Kinondoni District, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Capacity building for teacher effectiveness and students’ performance in public secondary schools in Embu and Tharaka Nithi Counties, Kenya
Causes of school dropout among male students in public secondary schools of Embu County Kenya.
Impact of self-efficacy on Mathematics performance among learners with dyscalculia in public secondary schools in Muranga County, Kenya.
The Critical Thinking Educational Policies And Its Implementation Mismatch In Primary Teacher Education
- About The Chapter
- Board Of Directors
- President’s Docket
- Marketing Docket
- Youth & Social Good
- Chapter Recognition
- Strategic Partnerships
- Chapter Membership
- Become A PMI Global Member
- Membership FAQ’s
- Learning overview
- Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Chapter Events Calender
- Webinar Library
- Professional Developement Day
- PMIK National Excellence Awards
- Academic Outreach
- Social Good
- News and Updates
- Become a Sponsor
- Become a Partner
- Find Authorized Trainining Providers(ATPs)
- Chapter Photos
- Media Highlights
- Meet the Speakers
- Where To Eat
- Where To Stay
- Places to visit
- Conference Package Proposal
- Incentive Travel
- Covid -19 Guidelines
Jeane Mathenge, President, PMI Kenya Chapter delivering an acceptance speech as Nairobi is announced as the next host city for PMI Africa Conference
Welcome to pmi kenya chapter.
PMI Kenya provides a forum to promote Project Management best practices and principles through networking with other project managers, sharing project experiences, providing and receiving training and supporting Project Management leaders in their certification efforts.
MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENT
Welcome to PMI Kenya, the largest and most active professional association of project, program and portfolio practitioners in Kenya. We are one of the fastest growing Project Management Associations in Sub Sahara Africa with over 1000 members comprising of local project professionals and youth from across various sectors.
I’m honored to spearhead the efforts of our members towards our vision to entrench the practice and science of project management as a national competence and valuable profession in Kenya. Together, we empower our members, promote learning and champion the value of project management and inspire change.
We are delighted to host the 8th Africa Regional Project Management Conference, to be held for the first time in Kenya, from 10th – 12th September 2023, at Emara Hotel, Ole Sereni Nairobi. The conference theme is ‘the Africa we want, together we can’. It will be the largest gathering of its kind on the continent for our profession, and expected to draw over 500 professionals regionally and globally.
On behalf of the PMI Kenya membership, it is my pleasure to extend an invitation to our stakeholders to this conference. It offers a premier platform to spotlight Africa’s growing project-based economy while presenting vast prospects for capitalizing on international learnings to transform citizen lives through assured delivery of development benefits and sustainable, resilient, fit-for-purpose infrastructure. Join us, as we ignite excellence in project management and pave the way to a brighter future on the continent.
Best Wishes, Jeane W Mathenge, PMP,Prince2, PMD Pro
Nairobi is the host city for PMI Africa Conference 2023
Secure Your Spot Today!
Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to learn, grow, and transform. Reserve your spot for #PMIAfricaConference2023 now and get ready to embark on a journey that will supercharge your skills and vision.
🗓️ Date: 10th – 12th September 2023 📍 Location: Emara Ole Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya 🎟️ Registration Link: https://pmiafricaconference.com/registration/
Call for Speakers for PMI Kenya Booth at the PMI Africa Conference 2023
PMI Africa Conference 2023: Youth Edition
I am really pleased to inform the PMIK Members of The Youth Edition of the PMI Africa Conference 2023 which will take place as a pre-conference event, on Saturday 9th Sept from 8am at the Chandaria Center, 6th floor UON Tower.
This event is a major milestone for PMIK as it marks the first joint activity between us & University of Nairobi, under our collaboration MOU signed in October 2022.
The PMIK-UON partnership is a unique linkage between the supply and demand sides in project management by offering graduating students a soft landing in the industry through PM training and knowledge capacity building right from the academic level.
The Youth event is a PMI first -We invite all students, PMIK members and stakeholders to attend
Nairobi river clean-up will kick off this event at 8am- more details to follow.
Stay tuned by clicking on the website link for more updates.
Speakers for PMI Kenya Chapter’s Events
PMI Kenya Chapter welcomes proposals from passionate speakers interested in sharing their experiences, knowledge and expertise on such topics as general business and strategy, leadership, project management, and technical or industry-specific specialties. Our Professional Development events provide professional development units (PDUs) of educational information necessary for those attendees maintaining certification designations. Speakers are also eligible to claim PDUs for their creation and delivery of the presentation material.
Grow Your Skills
It is particularly important for Project Managers to maintain and improve their project management knowledge and skills to stay competitive in the market. PMP certification is a critical component. As, during the resent years, project management discipline took a step toward more flexible and dynamic project management methodologies, in addition to the traditional waterfall approach, several new emerging methodologies became in high demand. Thus, training and credentialing in these methodologies became highly sough after among Project Management professionals. It is especially relevant in today’s economic climate.
The recognition you deserve; the credibility you need. PMI certification is a mark of excellence — in any location, in any industry.
Build Your Project Management Skills Online, Anytime
Want to learn and earn PDUs or CEUs on your schedule — anytime, anywhere? Or, pick up a new skill quickly like, project team leadership or agile? Browse our most popular online courses.
Connect with over 1 million global project management peers and experts through live events, learning seminars and online community. Build a network of peers that you can rely on for guidance, support and idea sharing.
let's redefine the landscape of project management and make a lasting impact on the world.
At PMI, we believe that successful projects are built on the foundation of skilled project managers. That’s why we are dedicated to empowering professionals like you with the tools, knowledge, and connections needed to excel in the dynamic world of project management.
Explore a dynamic calendar filled with captivating gatherings, ranging from enriching workshops and thought-provoking seminars.
Stay ahead, stay engaged, and stay inspired with the Latest News and Articles section
Embrace the true essence of membership by leveraging our diverse array of resources, and let us be your guiding companion on this exciting journey of self-discovery and camaraderie.
Make your mark on our PMI Chapter and the profession. As a member, you can volunteer to work on and to lead activities that advance the profession and support the chapter business operations by joining our chapter volunteer community.
- Campus Life
- Sports and Fitness
- Student Governance
- Students Housing
- Students Organizations
- Talent Development
- COVID Period Learning
- Exam Remarking
- Face to Face Learning
- Mentorship Programs
- Online Learning
- Career Services
- Guidance & Counselling Services
- Health Services
- Safety on Campus
- Students with Disability
- Module 1 Fee Bank Details
- International Students
- UoN Scholarships
- Facilities and Equipments
- Achievers Awards
BACHELOR OF PROJECT PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT
The Bachelor of Project planning and Management degree programme of the University of Nairobi prepares undergraduate students for careers in project planning and management in both public and private sectors of the economy. The programme intends to offer project management to a broad spectrum of students from the East African region and beyond.
To improve on its utility, the programme will continue to be realigned to be consistent with the changing needs of society. There is need to link with government needs and change in project management. The programme has been developed to offer three options: Project Monitoring, Evaluation and Control, Project Planning, Design and Implementation and Project Financing with each one of them addressing the unique needs of our society.
The programme is a logical progression since the Department of Extra-Mural Studies has been offering Certificate course in Project Planning and Management, Diploma in Project Planning and Management, Postgraduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management, Master of Arts in Project Planning and Management and Doctor of Philosophy in Project Planning and Management. However, many students who would have wished to further their studies in this field having gone through our diploma programme have gone to other universities which offer the Bachelor Degree in Project Planning, though they would have preferred to train with University of Nairobi. It is out of this demand that the Department wishes to offer the course to fill the gap.
The flexible schedules will make the programme more accessible. The program will be offered through face - to - face and distance learning modes. The part-time and distance learning programmes are designed to accommodate the special needs of those in full-time employment and other demand
The main objectives of the programme will be:
(a) To introduce students to the general issues and approaches in Project
planning, design and implementation
(b) To produce graduates equipped with knowledge, skills and values in
project monitoring and evaluation.
(c) To produce skilled human resource in planning and managing, financial resources for infrastructure and development projects.
(d) To develop human capacity in research and evaluation in projects.
(e) To train human resource that can create and manage their own projects.
The Bachelor of Project planning and Management degree programme of the University of Nairobi prepares undergraduate students for careers in project planning and management in both public and private sectors of the economy. The programme intends to oﬀer project management to a broad spectrum of students from the East African region and beyond.
September, May and January every year
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION (done online)
- Log on to the University of Nairobi Website application link www.application.uonbi.ac.ke .
- Type and enter or click on the slot written REGISTER to register your email with the University online application system and proceed.
- Select the School as School of Open &Distance Learning and the mode of study as ‘ distance learning’
- Application fee is Ksh. 3,000/- and is non-refundable . Its payable at the last step of the online application vie Mpesa Paybill number or deposit to KCB account or credit card or visa , details which are provided in online application portal as the application is done.
Course Duration, Structure and Mode of Study
- The Bachelor of Project Planning and Management will run for a minimum of eight semesters and a maximum of 24 semesters from the date of registration
- The minimum semester load shall be two course units and the maximum shall be eight course units
- Each course unit in the programme shall be taught for a minimum of 45 hours
- The course units are divided into common, core , specialization and electives
- Each student shall be required to undertake a supervised research project during the eighth semester which will constitute two ( 2 ) course units.
- Holder of KCSE Certificate with a minimum aggregate of C+ and a minimum of C in both Mathematics and English or Kiswahili
- Holder of KACE Certificate with a minimum of two Principal passes and one Subsidiary pass and a minimum of a Credit pass in mathematics at KCE.
- Holder of degree from a recognized university.
- Holders of Diploma from a recognized institution with a minimum of mean grade C at KCSE or Div. III at KCE.
- Holders KCSE with a minimum grade of c- plus certificate from recognized Institution and a Diploma from a recognized institution
- Holders of CPA/CPS Part II or equivalent professional qualifications plus a minimum C mean grade
Graduates from the programme find opportunities in the following areas
Project Consulting firms
Government agencies etc.
BACHELOR OF PROJECT PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT (4 YEARS)
3.0 Examination Regulations
- Except as hereunder specified, common university examination regulations shall apply.
- There shall be University examinations at the end of each semester. All course units shall be examined and written examinations at the end of each semester. All course units shall be examined and written examinations processed at the end of the semester in which they are taken.
- A candidate shall NOT be permitted to sit an examination unless he/she has attended prescribed courses of study in accordance with University regulations and to the satisfaction of the departments or programmes concerned, as the Faculty.
- Unless otherwise specified, end of semester examinations shall consist of a two-hour paper for each course unit taken in the semester.
- Assessment of each candidate’s performance in the course unit taken shall be through Continuous Assessment Tests (CATS) and end of semester examinations based on percentage grades. CAT assessment(s) shall constitute 30% of the total marks in a given unit and shall consist of an average of at least two (2) assignments while end of semester examinations shall constitute 70% of the unit examined. Every department shall set procedures for CAT(s) assessments.
- Each course unit shall be graded out of an examination of 100 marks, and the pass mark shall be 40% for each unit. These marks shall be translated into letter grades as follows:-
70% - 100% = A
60% - 69% = B
50% - 59% = C
40% - 49% = D
Below 40% = E
- (i) An external examiner shall be invited at least once in each academic year to moderate all end of semester examinations. Between the visits of the external examiner, each department shall appoint with the approval of the Dean one or more qualified person(s) at the level of Senior Lecturer and above to internally moderate end of semester examinations in order to facilitate the convening of the Faculty Board of Examiners and the subsequent issuance of provisional results to candidates. The appointment of internal moderators shall be subject to approval by the University.
(ii) Provisional examination results shall be made available to students upon request following the Faculty Board of Examiners meeting at which those results are approved. The requesting candidate shall be issued with a provisional Result slip indicating letter grades for each course unit examiner.
- A candidate who fails any end-of-semester examination paper at the first attempt shall be allowed two more attempts to sit and pass that paper when a supplementary examination is offered.
- A candidate who fails a paper may, in consultation with the department and with approval by the faculty, substitute that course unit as long as it is not a core unit with another of the same level from the same department. This regulation shall apply in Levels III & IV.
- Subject to regulation 8 above,
- A student who has failed grades shall not be allowed to proceed to the next Level unless he/she has passed the failed units. However, if the failed units happen to be prerequisites for other advanced courses in the same level, the candidate must first pass them before he/she can be allowed to register in the advanced units that require the prerequisites. A supplementary examination shall carry a maximum of 40% of the total marks and coursework marks shall not be considered. When retaken, a unit shall carry a maximum of 100% of the total marks and course work shall be considered.
ii. No student with failed grade(s) shall be allowed to proceed to the next level unless he/she has successfully taken and passed the supplementary examination(s).
iii. A candidate shall be permitted a maximum of two supplementary examinations.
iv. A candidate who fails in two consecutive supplementary examination shall either be discontinued or allowed an option of substituting the affected department with another one.
v. A candidate who fails a special examination can be allowed to take supplementary examinations.
vi. Supplementary/Special Examinations shall be conducted a the end of each academic year.
vii. A candidate who has seven (7) or more failed units in an academic year shall be discontinued.
viii. Transcripts shall identify all course units with grades obtained after a supplementary examinations.
11. A candidate who passes the University Examinations prescribed for the fourth level/semester of study and who, in other respects qualifies for the award of the degree, shall be placed in one of the three classes to be described as First, Second (upper division or lower division) and Pass
12. A candidate who qualifies for an award of the degree only after re-sitting an examination twice in at least one specialization course unit in either the third or fourth level of study shall not qualify for an award of an honours degree
13. The final score of the Bachelor of Project Planning and Management shall be based on assessment of performance of the candidate in levels or on the third and fourth year of study with equal weights
14. The classification of the degree award shall be based on the aggregate score as follows:
First Class Honours 70 – 100%
Second Class Honours (upper division) 60 – 69%
Second Class Honours (lower division) 50 – 59%
Pass 40 – 49%
© University of Nairobi 2021. All rights Reserved.
Home » Blog » Dissertation » Topics » Project Management » Project Management Dissertation Topics (28 Examples) For Research
Project Management Dissertation Topics (28 Examples) For Research
Mark Aug 17, 2021 Aug 12, 2021 Project Management No Comments
Project management refers to the processes, knowledge, methods, experience, and skills utilized to achieve the planned strategic project goals. If you are looking for dissertation topics on project management, you have visited the right site. We have gathered and listed some very interesting and workable project management dissertations topics and research topics on project management. […]
Project management refers to the processes, knowledge, methods, experience, and skills utilized to achieve the planned strategic project goals. If you are looking for dissertation topics on project management, you have visited the right site.
We have gathered and listed some very interesting and workable project management dissertations topics and research topics on project management. you can take help from our expert writers to meet your requirements and deadlines. To begin with, you can select any topic from the list of project management dissertation topics and start writing a brief proposal. It will help in choosing the best topic that you find interesting to work on.
A list Of Project Management Dissertation Topic
A review on building project management skills – a look at current and past practices.
Exploring the major findings on trends related to project complexity
Analysing the process theory for accumulating project management knowledge.
To study the impact of implementation of project management on the success of construction projects.
Comparing and contrasting the different project management techniques – Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall.
A literature review on the advantages of different project risk management tools.
Studying the strategies and approaches related to sustainable project management.
Identifying and investigating the political risk management strategies related to international construction projects.
Exploring the major reasons behind delays in construction projects.
A literature review on the stakeholder theory in project management.
A bibliometric analysis of the project management success.
Examining the success criteria and critical success factors in project management.
A study on exploring the increasing project management involvement in pre-execution phases of projects.
Studying the strategies to manage different types of risks related to construction projects.
How do macro-environmental factors affect the success of construction projects?
To study the project management practices related to enterprise resource planning system projects.
Impact of different leadership styles on the success of projects.
Exploring the emerging technological trends in the context of project management.
Analysing the growing role of women in project management – a future perspective.
How to identify a suitable sustainable project management approach?
Exploring the relationship between project management and entrepreneurship.
Revisiting information systems in the context of project management success in the contemporary and modern era.
Studying the development models in the IT sector from 2008 to 2018 considering its impact on project management.
Analysing the people-oriented principles and values in the context of agile project management.
A review of the evolution of the relationship between knowledge management and project management.
Evaluation of the factors behind the failure of project management practices.
How to address and manage conflicts during project management.
Studying the increasing demand for experienced and skilled project managers and project management techniques.
Topic With Mini-Proposal (Paid Service)
Along with a topic, you will also get;
- An explanation why we choose this topic.
- 2-3 research questions.
- Key literature resources identification.
- Suitable methodology with identification of raw sample size, and data collection method
- View a sample of topic consultation service
Get expert dissertation writing help to achieve good grades
- Writer consultation before payment to ensure your work is in safe hands.
- Free topic if you don't have one
- Draft submissions to check the quality of the work as per supervisor's feedback
- Free revisions
- Complete privacy
- Plagiarism Free work
- Guaranteed 2:1 (With help of your supervisor's feedback)
- 2 Instalments plan
- Special discounts
Message Us On WhatsApp
- Browse Works
- Monitoring and Evaluation
Research Papers/Topics in Monitoring and Evaluation
“effects of fire on grassland ecosystem” a case of mashuru rangelands in maasai land, mashuru division, kajiado district, kenya..
ABSTRACTA study on effects of burning in rangeland on the environment was carried out in Mashuru Division, Kajiado District. Chapter one defines what is rangeland ecosystem, importance of rangeland ecosystem, need for protecting rangelands, laws and policies on range management and conservation in Kenya. Research questions and objectives were also realized. Objectives of study included; main activities carried out in Mashuru division, reasons for burning grass in Mash...
INFLUENCE OF MONITORING AND EVALUATION ON PROJECT SUSTAINABILITY IN NIGERIA, A CASE STUDY OF LOCAL EMPOWERMENT AND ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT PROJECT (LEEMP) IN BENUE STATE
ABSTRACTThis study examines the Influence of Monitoring and Evaluation on Project Sustainability inNigeria, A Case Study of Local Empowerment and Environmental Management Project(LEEMP) in Benue State. Monitoring and Evaluation (M & E) helps to track projectperformance at any given time and provides reasons for an observed project status. In thisstudy, M & E was defined as the key component of project management that gives controlover the main parameters that define a project; scope, quality,...
Determinants Of Adherence To Exclusive Breast Feeding Among Hiv Positive Mothers Attending Child Welfare Clinic At Pumwani Maternity Hospital, Nairobi County, Kenya
Globally, the estimated number of children below 15 years of age living with HIV increased from 1.6 million in 2001 to 2.5 million in 2009. Almost 90% of these children live in sub-Saharan Africa. Over 90% the new infections of HIV are acquired through Mother-To-Child Transmission(MTCT). According to Kenya Aids Indicator Survey (KAIS) report of 2007, nearly 1 out of 10 pregnant women in Kenya are infected with HIV. Exclusive Breast Feeding (EBF) of a child remains the best and safest source o...
Determinants Of Skilled Delivery Services Utilization Among Women Of Reproductive Age In Migori County, Kenya
ABSTRACT Skilled delivery is a key intervention that greatly contributes to improvement of maternal and child health. By extension, skilled delivery is a component of maternal and childcare provided during pregnancy, at delivery and post-delivery. Irrespective of the quality of service provided during pregnancy, delivery process remains a risk and hence needs to be given relevant attention. Global data shows that in developed countries, over 99% of the women access skilled delivery as compa...
Role of community health workers monetary incentives on retention and health service delivery in kibwezi district, makueni county, kenya.
ABSTRACT The global policy of providing primary level care was initiated with the declaration of Alma-Ata in 1978.Kenya is a signatory to the AlmaAtta declaration. Implementation of the Community Health Services is a top priority for the Ministry of Public Health and Sanitation in Kenya. The second National Health Sector Strategic Plan (NHSSP II) defined a new approach to the delivery of Health Care Services to Kenyans, the Kenya Essential Package of Health (KEPH).CHWs are the key agents in ...
Use Of Routine Health Information For Decision Making Among Health Workers At Coast General Hospital, Mombasa County, Kenya
ABSTRACT Health workers collect and report data routinely on all their activities. Studies show that very little of this vast amount of information is used by those who are collecting the data and by local health management at health facility or County levels. Ideally, local data should be collected, analyzed and used in order to support local health management, health promotion and prevention and to improve local health service delivery. Significant resources have been invested on HMIS but ...
Nutritional Status Of Free Living And Institutionalized Elderly And Associated Factors In Trans Nzoia County, Kenya
ABSTRACT Adequate nutrition, healthy ageing, and the ability to function independently are essential components of a good quality of life. Though it is recognized that nutritional challenges account for a significant proportion of elderly morbidity and mortality, less has been determined on nutritional status of the old age men and women living freely and in institutions. This study investigated the relationship between nutritional status of the elderly and related factors in free living and...
Utilization Of The Visual Inspection Screening Method For Cancer Of The Cervix In Kitui Central Subcounty, Kenya
ABSTRACT Cancer of the cervix is a disease of public health importance with a high global morbidity and mortality. More than 266,000 women die every year, 87% of these women coming from low and middle-income countries, where programmes for screening and treatment are deficient or underutilized.The Ministry of Health through the Division of Reproductive Health launched the National Cancer of the cervix Prevention Program, action plan 2005-2009 with the main aim of reducing cancer of the cervi...
Utilization Of Skilled Birth Attendants Among Women Of Reproductive Age In Central Division, Kajiado County, Kenya.
The proportion of births assisted by skilled birth attendants in Kenya is 44% while in Kajiado Central Sub County is 28%. Maternal mortality in Kenya is estimated to be 488 per 100,000 live births. This worrying trend of maternal mortality is thought to be a result of using unskilled attendants at birth. This study sought to determine the factors that influenced utilization of skilled birth attendants among women of reproductive age in Central division, Kajiado County. The objectives of ...
Uptake Of Cervical Cancer Screening Services Among Hiv Positive Women In Dagoretti, Nairobi City County, Kenya
ABSTRACT Although cervical cancer is said to be the leading cause of cancer deaths among women in low resource settings, screening services in health facilities remains very low. The risk of death from this disease is higher among HIV positive women as a result of persistent Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) infection with quicker progression to cancer. As a result, screening services have been in cooperated in routine care of all HIV positive women, but uptake remains very low. This could be due t...
A Comparative Analysis Of The Effects Of Household Economic Strenghthening On Well Being Of Orphans And Vulnerable Children In Migori County, Kenya
ABSTRACT Household Economic Strengthening (HES) programs improve the economic capacity of households (HH) to provide for needy families (increased income, savings, and access to credit). Scanty information exists on outcomes achieved beyond counting of program services provided. Outcomes on child well-being; health, nutrition and protection remain poorly understood, and few programs have been analyzed to establish these outcomes. Analysis highlights knowledge gaps that inform stakeholders of...
Utilization Of Herbal Medicine Among Children Under 5 Years Of Age In Tharaka Nithi County, Kenya
ABSTRACT The use of herbal medicine is on the rise globally, especially in developed countries. Indeed, over 80% of the populations in developing countries depend on herbal medicine. In Kenya herbal medicine is widely used, with 70% of the population having been reported to be dependent on it for primary health care. The World Health Organization (WHO) warns that growing use of traditional medicine, both in developed and developing nations, has been mirrored by an increasing number of reports...
Types And Management Of Alcohol-Related Physical Injuries Among Persons With Alcohol Use Disorder In Kiambu County,Githunguri Sub-County
ABSTRACT Around 5.1% of the worldwide disease burden and injury, as well as 5.9% of all fatalities are linked to alcohol abuse. In Kenya, Kiambu County is one of the leading counties in alcohol abuse and alcohol-related physical injuries. The study established the types and management of alcohol-related physical injuries among 383 persons with alcohol use disorder in Githunguri Sub-county, Kiambu County. The crosssectional survey specifically occurred from March-November 2015 in Githiga and ...
Food Consumption Patterns And Nutritional Status Of Children (6-59 Months) In Camps Of Internally Displaced Persons In Wadajir District, Mogadishu-Somalia
ABSTRACT The impact of the civil war, the waves of IDPs, emigration, poverty and the absence of a Central Government in Somalia have led to emergence IDPs camps with a large population. Malnutrition in Somalia is a huge public health problem, negatively affecting growth, development and survival of the population. The determinants of food consumption patterns and the prevalence of nutritional status are not well documented. The main objective of this study was to assess nutritional status o...
Uptake Of Community-Led Total Sanitation Approach Towards Attainment Of Open-Defecation-Free Status In Siaya County, Kenya
ABSTRACT By 2015, an estimated 2.4 billion people lacked basic sanitation and 15% still practiced open defecation globally. In Kenya, approximately 5.6 million people still defecated in the open. Siaya County adopted Community-Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) in 2010 as an approach to address the problem of open defecation. This study aimed at assessing the uptake of the CLTS approach in Siaya County, Kenya. A cross-sectional study was conducted among 370 randomly selected households. Structured q...
Factors influencing the performance of monitoring and evaluation systems in non-government organizations in lira district, northern uganda, effective role of public sector monitoring and evaluation in promoting good governance in uganda: implications from the ministry of local government, influence of monitoring practices on projects performance at the water sector trust fund, assessing the impact of maternal and child health and nutrition improvement project (mchnp) on service delivery outcomes in ghana, role of logical framework adoption on project success in non-governmental organizations in kenya: a case of relief non-governmental organizations in nairobi county, factors affecting application of results based monitoring and evaluation system by nurture, determinants of effective utilization of routine health information within private health facilities in kampala -uganda, assessment of the impact of pregnancy school on pregnancy outcomes and skilled delivery in nabdam district of upper east region, the influence of cash transfer programmes on socio-economic wellbeing of recipient households in migori county, kenya, assessment of the implementation of one-household onebin sanitation intervention in abokobi community., assessment of the triage system at the emergency department of the greater accra regional hospital, factors influencing the enactment of monitoring and evaluation on effective public service systems in the small island developing state of saint lucia: a case of the department of external af.
- Chat on WhatsApp
- Knowledge Base