- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Postdoctoral Fellows
- Faculty and Staff
- Make a Gift
ProQuest Distinguished Dissertation Award Winners
Rackham graduate school is pleased to announce this year’s winners of the proquest distinguished dissertation awards..
Rackham Graduate School
by Rackham Graduate School | Mar 20, 2020 | News
The ProQuest Distinguished Dissertation Award recognizes exceptional work produced by doctoral students for the high caliber of their scholarship and the significance and interest of their findings.
Each year, Rackham invites faculty to nominate outstanding dissertations produced in their programs. The nomination dossiers are read and discussed by a review panel of faculty members who identify the finalists. Then, members of the Michigan Society of Fellows read the finalists’ dissertations, review their merits, and select the winners.
Below is the list of winners of the 2019 Distinguished Dissertation Awards, as well as the honorable mentions.
- Yassel Acosta Matutes, Applied Physics
- Juliette Becker, Astronomy
- Kaitlin Cassady, Psychology
- Christina Cross, Public Policy and Sociology
- Joseph Gamble, English and Women’s Studies
- Ximena Gomez, History of Art
- Crystal Green, Nuclear Engineering and Radiological Sciences
- Nicole Michmerhuizen, Pharmacology
- Olivia Palmer, Biomedical Engineering
- Andrew Schwartz, Molecular and Integrative Physiology
- Theodore Dewitt, Management and Organizations, Business
- Hezao Ke, Linguistics
- Eli Lichtenstein, Philosophy
- Tom Logan, Industrial and Operations Engineering
- Jonathan Massey, Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- Sina Shiehian, Computer Science
- Yitong Sun, Applied and Interdisciplinary Mathematics
- Arushi Varshney, Human Genetics
- Rachel Vitali, Mechanical Engineering
- Carly Wayne, Political Science
In light of university measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the ProQuest Distinguished Dissertation Awards Ceremony has been postponed.
- Alumni Spotlights
- Barbour Scholars
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Job Posting
- Professional Development
- Program in Public Scholarship
- Student Spotlights
- Student Voices
Announcing the 2021 ProQuest Distinguished Thesis Award Winners
The rackham graduate school is pleased to announce this year’s winners of the proquest distinguished dissertation awards..
March 29, 2022 | News
The ProQuest Distinguished Dissertation Awards (DDA) recognize outstanding work produced by doctoral students for the high caliber of their scholarship and the significance and relevance of their findings.
Each year, Rackham invites professors to nominate outstanding theses produced in their programs. Nomination packages are read and discussed by a review committee of faculty members who identify finalists. Then, members of the Michigan Society of Fellows read the finalists’ memoirs, consider their merits, and select the winners.
Rackham is continually grateful to ProQuest for its generous and longstanding support of the DDA program.
Below is the list of 2021 winners, along with honorable mentions.
Winners (Pictured above, clockwise from top left.)
- Mikel Haggadon Immunology
- Yinqiu He Statistics
- Eshita Khera Chemical Engineer
- Cindy Lin Kaiying Information
- Rebecca Marks Education and Psychology
- Michelle May Curry American culture
- Zhijie Qu Astronomy
- Akshita Sriraman IT & Engineering
- Mei Ling Meilina Tsui Musical composition
- Erica Twardzik Movement science
- Sangmin Choi Physics
- Zehra Hashmi Anthropology and History
- Mary Hennessy Germanic languages and literatures
- Yael Kenan Comparative literature
- Rohith Mittapally Mechanical Engineering
- Abhijit Parolia Molecular and Cellular Pathology
- Nicole Rocky Civil and Environmental Engineering (Environmental Engineering)
- Niloufar Salehi Chemical Engineering and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Matthew Villeneuve Story
- Xin Zhang Math
Read the event program for more details on the winners’ research.
- Rachel Sweet – Keough School
- Diane Desierto – Keough School
- Atalia Omer – Keough School
- Finding your community at the doctoral school
Compton College Receives Hispanic-Serving Institution Designation by U.S. Department of Education
Teacher of the Year, Advocate for Dubious Union and Public School Interests – Michigan Capitol Confidential
FAU announces plans for dental school – UNIVERSITY PRESS
SAU Students Join Prestigious Stanford d.school University Innovation Fellowship…
Did Brett Favre’s charity funnel funds to his old school, the University of…
School College Closures and Cancellations in the Tampa Bay Area Tropical Storm…
Comments are closed.
Welcome, Login to your account.
Recover your password.
A password will be e-mailed to you.