Home > School, College, or Department > CLAS > Psychology > Dissertations and Theses
Psychology Dissertations and Theses
Theses/dissertations from 2023 2023.
Examining Factors Impacting the Service Needs of Unhoused Women , Holly Brott
Main, Mediated, and Moderated Effects of Participating in an After-School Social and Emotional Learning Program on Young Children's Development of Social-Emotional Skills , Amy L. Cordier
Who Puts the "Support" in Supportive Housing? The Impact of Housing Staff on Resident's Well-being, and the Potential Moderating Role of Self-determination , Kenna Estell Dickard
Tell Me, Do You Feel It Too? A Meta-analysis of Dyadic Emotional Contagion in the Workplace , Stefanie Fox
Exploring Associations between Military Identity and Well-being Outcomes among Post-9/11 Veterans after Separation , James David Lee
Experiences of People with Serious Mental Illness Seeking Services at Community Mental Health Centers During the COVID-19 Pandemic , Emily Leickly
Why So Serious? Using the Belongingness Need Tenet from the Self-Determination Theory to Examine Workplace Humor and Its Outcomes , Katharine Lucille McMahon
Diversity in Recruitment: The Role of Realistic Website Job Previews for Racial and Ethnic Minority Applicants , Jennifer Saucedo
Antecedents of FSSB: Evaluating the Demographic Basis of Support , Erika Ann Schemmel
A Daily Investigation of the Recovery Paradox: Examining the Dynamic Interplay of Workload, Recovery Experiences, and Microbreaks , Morgan Rose Taylor
Theses/Dissertations from 2022 2022
Model.Disclose(): Examination of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Disclosure at Work , Timothy Allen Carsey
Transforming Learning Communities, Transforming Ourselves: A Qualitative Investigation of Identity Processes in a Participatory Action Research-themed Undergraduate Course , Julia Sara Dancis
Clarifying and Measuring Inclusive Leadership , Kelly Mason Hamilton
Intersections of Masculinity, Culturally Relevant Factors, and Intimate Partner Violence Perpetration Among Asian American Men , Jason Z. Kyler-Yano
Sleeping to Support: An Examination of the Relationship Between Leader Sleep and Positive Support Behaviors , Jordyn Jan Leslie
Work-Related IPV Among Latinos: Exploring the Roles of Fatherhood Status, Gendered Expectations, and Support for Intimate Partner's Employment , Adrian Luis Manriquez
Masculinity Instability and Ideologies as Predictors of IPV Perpetration: The Mediating Role of Relationship Power , Emma Christine Marioles O'Connor
The Benefits of Social Support on Health and Well-Being in Military Populations: Examining Mechanisms, Source of Support, and the Reach of a Workplace Well-Being Intervention , AnnaMarie Sophia O'Neill
Do Motives Matter? The Role of Motivation in Shaping the Impact of Mindfulness Training on Teachers' Psychological Distress and Wellbeing , Cristi N. Pinela
Theses/Dissertations from 2021 2021
The Longitudinal Effects of a Family and Sleep Supportive Intervention on Service Member Anger and Resilience , Shalene Joyce Allen
Drug Conviction and Employment Restriction: Experiences of Employees with Drug-Related Criminal Histories , Liana Bernard
Sustaining Boys' Motivation Over the Transition to Middle School: Can Interpersonal Resources Protect Boys from Engagement Declines Across Sixth Grade? , Brandy Anne Brennan
Returning to Rejection: Outcomes and Boundary Conditions of Mental Illness Stereotypes , Stefanie Fox
Guarding Against Strain: The Moderating Role of Nonwork Experiences in the Relationship Between Work-Related Hypervigilance and Strain in Correctional Officers , Samantha Getzen
Anti-Muslim Bias: Investigating Individual Differences, Threat Perceptions, and Emotions in Islamophobic Policy Support , Aeleah M. Granger
Black Children's Development of Self-Regulation within Stressful Contexts of Parenting: Investigating Potential Buffering Effects of a Kindergarten Social-Emotional Learning Program , Eli Labinger
"Like I Was an Actual Researcher": Participation and Identity Trajectories of Underrepresented Minority and First-Generation STEM Students in Research Training Communities of Practice , Jennifer Lynn Lindwall
Claiming Miscommunication to Justify Rape: The Role of Liking the Perpetrator , Alyssa Marie Glace Maryn
An "I" for an "I" : A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Instigated and Reciprocal Incivility , Lauren Sarah Park
Parenting and Children's Academic Coping as a Dynamic System: Feedforward, Feedback, and Mediators of Changes Across the School Year , Kristen Elizabeth Raine
Does Experiencing Spousal Support and Strain Impact the Quality of Family-Based Support that Supervisors Provide to Employees? , Joseph Alvin Sherwood
"B-ing Flexible" : Examining Creativity in Bisexual Employees , Megan Jane Snoeyink
Exploring the Relationships Between Community Experiences and Well-Being among Youth Experiencing Homelessness , Katricia Stewart
Mothers' Drinking Motives , Sheila Kathleen Umemoto
An Examination of Nurses' Schedule Characteristics, Recovery from Work, and Well-Being , Sarah Elizabeth Van Dyck
Preventing Sexual Violence Through Understanding Perceptions of Sexual Offenders , Judith G. Zatkin
Theses/Dissertations from 2020 2020
Examining Employee Needs at Work and Home: a Self-Determination Theory Perspective , Dana Anuhea Auten
Trajectories, Time Windows, and Alternative Pathways of Engagement: Motivational Resources Underlying Academic Development during Middle School , Heather Anne Brule
Examining Mindfulness Training for Teachers: Theoretical and Methodological Extensions of Intervention Effectiveness , Jaiya Rae Choles
Detecting Reinforcement Patterns in the Stream of Naturalistic Observations of Social Interactions , James Lamar DeLaney 3rd
An Investigation of the Temporal Relationship Between Agitation and Sleep Disturbances , Emily Catherine Denning
Peers' Academic Coping as a Resource for Academic Engagement and Motivational Resilience in the First Year of Middle School , Daniel Lee Grimes
Home Resources Supporting Workplace Resources: an Investigation of Moderated Intervention Effects From the Study for Employment Retention of Veterans (SERVe) , Sarah Nielsen Haverly
"It Puts a Face to All the Knowledge We've Gotten" : a Program of Research on Intimate Partner Violence Surrogate Impact Panels , Kate Louise Sackett Kerrigan
A Daily Examination of Anger and Alcohol Use Among Post-9/11 Veterans , James David Lee
An Examination of Daily Family-Supportive Supervisor Behaviors, Perceived Supervisor Responsiveness and Job Satisfaction , Luke Daniel Mahoney
Nurse Can't Even: the Immediate Impact of Incivility on Affect, Well-being, and Behavior , Katharine Lucille McMahon
Perceptions of Police Use of Force at the Intersection of Race and Pregnancy , Emma Elizabeth Lee Money
The Impact of Paternal Caregivers for Youth Who Commit Sexual Offenses , Miranda Hope Sitney
Human Energy in the Workplace: an Investigation of Daily Energy Management Strategies, Job Stressors and Employee Outcomes , Morgan Rose Taylor
Individual and Community Supports that Impact Community Inclusion and Recovery for Individuals with Serious Mental Illnesses , Rachel Elizabeth Terry
Investigating Sexual Fantasy and Sexual Behavior in Adolescent Offenders , Hayley Lauren Tews
Theses/Dissertations from 2019 2019
Integrating Work Ability into the Organizational Science Literature: Advancing Theory and Developing the Nomological Network , Grant Brady
Family Linked Workplace Resources and Contextual Factors as Important Predictors of Job and Individual Well-being for Employees and Families , Jacquelyn Marie Brady
The Role of Teacher Autonomy Support Across the Transition to Middle School: its Components, Reach, and Developmental Effects , Julia Sara Dancis
Does X Mark the Applicant? Assessing Reactions to Gender Non-Binary Job Seekers , Kelly Mason Hamilton
Urbanicity as a Moderator of the Relationship Between Stigma and Well-being Outcomes for Individuals with Serious Mental Illnesses , Emily Leickly
The Relationship Between Undergraduate Research Training Programs and Motivational Resources for Underrepresented Minority Students in STEM: Program Participation, Self-efficacy, a Sense of Belonging, and Academic Performance , Jennifer Lindwall
Perceived Partner Responsiveness, Sleep and Pain: a Dyadic Study of Military-Connected Couples , AnnaMarie Sophia O'Neill
Recruitment Marketing: How Do Wellness and Work-Life Benefits Influence Employer Image Perceptions, Organizational Attraction, and Job Pursuit Intentions? , Amy Christine Pytlovany
The Combined Effects of Parent and Teacher Involvement on the Development of Adolescents' Academic Engagement , Nicolette Paige Rickert
Examining the Development and Classroom Dynamics of Student Disaffection Over Multiple Time Periods: Short-term Episodes and Long-term Trajectories , Emily Anne Saxton
Drinking on a Work Night: a Comparison of Day and Person-Level Associations with Workplace Outcomes , Brittnie Renae Shepherd
Development and Validation of the Workplace Mental Illness Stigma Scale (W-MISS) , Nicholas Anthony Smith
Relational Thriving in Context: Examining the Roles of Gratitude, Affectionate Touch, and Positive Affective Variability in Health and Well-Being , Alicia Rochelle Starkey
Preventing Child Sexual Abuse and Juvenile Offending Through Parental Monitoring , Kelly E. Stewart
"To Call or Not to Call?" The Impact of Supervisor Training on Call Center Employee Attitudes and Well-Being , Whitney Elan Schneider Vogel
Theses/Dissertations from 2018 2018
The Impact of Leader Race and Gender on Perceptions of Organizations in Response to Corporate Error , Nicolas Derek Brown
Impacts of Mindfulness Training on Mechanisms Underlying Stress Reduction in Teachers: Results from a Randomized Controlled Trial , Jaiya Rae Choles
Student Motivation Profiles as a Diagnostic Tool to Help Teachers Provide Targeted Support , Cailin Tricia Currie
Insufficient Effort Responding on Mturk Surveys: Evidence-Based Quality Control for Organizational Research , Lee Cyr
Affirmative Consent Endorsement and Peer Norms Supporting Sexual Violence Among Vulnerable Students on College Campuses , Alyssa Marie Glace
Gendered Partner-Ideals, Relationship Satisfaction, and Intimate Partner Violence , Sylvia Marie Ferguson Kidder
Organizational Calling and Safety: the Role of Workload and Supervisor Support , Layla Rhiannon Mansfield
Bystander Intervention to Prevent Campus Sexual Violence: the Role of Sense of Community, Peer Norms, and Administrative Responding , Erin Christine McConnell
Benevolent Sexism and Racial Stereotypes: Targets, Functions, and Consequences , Jean Marie McMahon
Perceived Overqualification and Withdrawal Among Seasonal Workers: Would Work Motivation Make a Difference? , Anthony Duy Nguyen
Differential Well-Being in Response to Incivility and Surface Acting among Nurses as a Function of Race , Lauren Sarah Park
Financial Strain and the Work-Home Interface: a Test of the Work-Home Resources Model from the Study for Employment Retention of Veterans (SERVe) , MacKenna Laine Perry
Neighbor Perceptions of Psychiatric Supportive Housing : the Role of Knowledge, Attitudes, and Behaviors , Amy Leigh Shearer
The Role of Caregiver Disruption in the Development of Juvenile Sexual Offenders , Miranda Sitney
Intrapersonal and Social-Contextual Factors Related to Psychological Well-being among Youth Experiencing Homelessness , Katricia Stewart
Age-based Differences in the Usefulness of Resources: a Multi-Study Investigation of Work and Well-being Outcomes , Lale Muazzez Yaldiz
Pathways to Kindergarten Growth: Synthesizing Theories of the Kindergarten Transition to Support Children's Development , Rita Yelverton
Theses/Dissertations from 2017 2017
The Force of Manhood: the Consequences of Masculinity Threat on Police Officer Use of Force , Aurelia Terese Alston
Supervisor Mindfulness and Its Association with Leader-Member Exchange , Dana Anuhea Auten
Combat Experiences, Iso-strain, and Sleep Quality Affect Symptoms of Posttraumatic Stress among Working Post-9/11 Veterans , Gilbert Patrick Brady Jr.
A Study of Shame-proneness, Drinking Behaviors, and Workplace Role Ambiguity Among a Sample of Student Workers , Sarah Nielsen Haverly
Intraminority Support For and Participation In Race-Based Collective Action Movements: an Intersectional Perspective , Jaboa Shawntaé Lake
Patients and Nurses and Doctors Oh My!: Nurse Retention from a Multi-Foci Aggression Perspective , Kevin Oliver Novak
Intimate Partner Violence Impact Panels for Batterer Intervention: a Mixed-Methods Evaluation of a Restorative Justice Process , Kate Louise Sackett
Investigating the Relationship Between Supervisor Status and the Modus Operandi of Juvenile Sexual Offenders: a Routine Activity Theory Perspective , Kelly E. Stewart
The Influence of Sense of Community on the Relationship Between Community Participation and Recovery for Individuals with Serious Mental Illnesses , Rachel Elizabeth Terry
Profiles of School Readiness and Implications for Children's Development of Academic, Social, and Engagement Skills , Elizabeth Jane Tremaine
Capturing Peers', Teachers', and Parents' Joint Contributions to Students' Engagement: an Exploration of Models , Justin William Vollet
Sleep and Young Children's Development of Self-Regulation and Academic Skills , Emily Michelle Weiss
Examining the Structure of the Modus Operandi Questionnaire for Adult & Juvenile Sex Offenders , Judith Gayle Zatkin
Theses/Dissertations from 2016 2016
A Meta-Analysis of the Nomological Network of Work Ability , Grant Brady
Vulnerability and Protective Factors of Stress-Related Drinking: an Exploration of Individual and Day-Level Predictors of Alcohol Involvement , Cameron Trim McCabe
Finding the Missing Links: A Comparison of Social Network Analysis Methods , Shawn James Mehess
- Notify me via email or RSS
- Featured Collections
- All Authors
- Schools & Colleges
- Dissertations & Theses
- PDXOpen Textbooks
- Faculty Expert Gallery
- Submit Research
- Faculty Profiles
- Feedback Form
Home | About | My Account | Accessibility Statement | Portland State University
Find the best tips and advice to improve your writing. Or, have a top expert write your paper.
172 Awesome Psychology Dissertation Topics For High Scores
An ideal dissertation topic should be clear, manageable, original, and relevant to your academic discipline. Primarily, the case ought to have enough information that will help you support your arguments. Unfortunately, many college and university students have difficulty coming up with exceptional topics, considering how detailed and time-consuming the brainstorming process can be.
On the bright side, we have the best psychology dissertation ideas to get you underway. If you are hungry for exceptional psychology dissertation topics, this article features over 170 hand-picked views to whet your appetite. Read on to get a taste of what we have to offer:
Dissertation Topics In Educational Psychology
- Discuss the measures that can help children with an anxiety disorder improve their performance in tests
- A qualitative study of how the concept of reflective practice can be in childhood learning
- Examine whether identifying a child’s learning style can help to improve outcomes
- Elaborate whether the attachment theory can explain the development of a subjective self in the child
- Explain the causes of increased anorexia rate in children
- Elaborate how operant conditioning works
- Define learning in educational psychology
- What brings about achievement gaps?
- Examine how listening to music affects a child’s cognitive skills
- Discuss the link between self-esteem and academic success
- Evaluate the importance of showing affection to children
- Examine if homosexuality is a psychological disorder
- Discuss fetishes and their related behavior
- Define childhood trauma and outline its effects
Dissertation Topics In Counseling Psychology
- Discuss the concept of attention span among children
- What is the distinction between explicit and implicit memory?
- Discuss language and speech development in children
- What is the role of color psychology in cognitive development studies?
- Which factors affect one’s problem-solving ability?
- What is the link between temperament and creativity?
- Explain how marriage alters your personality
- What is the relationship between prosaical behavior and personality?
- Is there any link between your choice of pet and your personality
Dissertation Topics In Industrial Psychology
- What are the psychological consequences of a hate crime?
- Discuss the role of psychologists in military interrogations
- Explain the psychological impacts of a miscarriage on a couple
- What are the effects of abortion on the emotional and mental well-being of women?
- Elaborate why attractive people often tend to have the upper hand at work
- What is the impact of homelessness on mental health?
- Elaborate whether there is a difference between depression in females and males
- Analyze the relationship between working memory and attention
- Explore the relationship between television and obesity
- Evaluate the role of the family in the socialization process of a child
- Effects of laughter on your emotional and physical health
- Discuss gender role and identity in children
- What are the health benefits of dreams?
- Elaborate the impact of dreams on one’s social life
- Do violent fantasies have any meaning in real life?
Psychology Thesis Topics List
- Examine what the Stroop effect says about one’s mind
- Analyze whether excessive social media use is comparable to drug addiction
- Is there are a link between your music taste and your personality?
- What effects does music have on your psychological response?
- How do colors affect a child’s learning?
- What are the best strategies to manage loss and grief?
- Discuss effective programs that can curb suicide among students
- Explain why depression seems to be more in women than in men
- Assess the most effective communication techniques with patients
- In what ways can breast cancer patients manage stress?
- Explain the neurobiology behind suicidal thoughts
- What factors contribute to deviant behavior in the workplace?
- Discuss mood disorders among young adults
- Elaborate how lying impacts your mental health
- How does age affect your memory?
- Explain the difference between the midlife crisis in men and women
- Highlight different ways to cope with grief
- What influence does genetics have on social relationships?
- Review the theory of behavioral game
- Elaborate how the frontal cortex executive function makes every human unique
- Evaluate a modular account of the brain by Fodor in the light of modern neuroscientific research
- Discuss the first signs of ADHD among children and adults
- To what degree can there be a change of personality over some time?
- Outline the mental and physical effects of marijuana use among healthy adults
- Define and discuss the theory of memory models
- Investigate how internet pornography impacts a generation of users
- Highlight the link between easy access to therapy and socio-economic status
- Explain the multiple dimensions of schizophrenia
- Look at the link between educational attainment level and self-motivation
- Investigate cults as social constructs
- What is the involvement of mood in the use of language?
- Analyze the effects of frequent exposure to computers on the proper development of attention
- Examine how a talent affect a sportsman’s popularity
- How does intelligence influence committed crimes?
- What are the pros and cons of cross-cultural relationships?
- Highlight the influence of social pressure on an individual’s morale
- Review the cognitive-behavioral theory
- Explain the link between mental games and a child’s cognitive skills
- Elaborate the role of sex hormones in the development of the brain during the puberty stage
- An overview of deep engagement relationship and friendship
- What is the difference between clinical and abnormal psychology
Mental Health Dissertation Topics
- A study of long term psychological effects of divorce on the adult children of divorcees
- What sort of mental health problems do prisoners face?
- Discuss the link between mental health and unemployment
- Examine how deteriorating mental health affects one’s physical health
- Address effects of television advertisements in the cognitive development of children in the U.S
- Investigate the role of social media friendships on deteriorating mental health
- Analyze the impact of emotional attachment on your mental well being
- Explain the impact of breakups on a man’s mental health
- How does social media play out in provoking aggression?
- What are the psychological and social impacts of virtual networks?
- Address the psychological impact of cyberbullying
- Discuss mental health and psychological resilience during the COVID-19 pandemic
Psychology Research Questions
- Examine different types of learning disabilities and how to manage them
- What is the link between performance and job satisfaction?
- Detail the effects f romantic jealousy in maintaining a committed relationship
- Analyze the role of anxiety in hyperalgesia
- Review the factors that influence ineffective training organization
- Examine dating violence and controlling issues affecting women
- Investigate stress responses in survivors of sexual abuse
- A case study of the attachment theory as it applies to family relationships
- Discuss impacts of ambiguity and job roles on behavioral disorders
- Address the effects of behavioral therapy on body image and weight loss
- What are the results of maternal stress on language acquisition among children?
Forensic Psychology Dissertation Ideas
- Which rules should psychologists follow when verbally interacting with criminals in court?
- Elaborate the credibility of the statement of a mentally challenged eyewitness
- What is the legitimacy and reliability of an eyewitness’s memory?
- What rules of conduct should be followed by forensic psychologists while in court?
- Discuss the role of upbringing in curbing the making of a serial killer
- Define internet policing and explain some valuable strategies to make it effective
- What is the role of video games, movies, and the internet in augmenting copycat crimes?
- Elaborate why society tends to neglect domestic violence inflicted on men
- What drives people into mass killings, and why is it so rampant in the U.S?
- Are there enough measures to reduce the risks of folks in special education ending up in the penal system?
- Explain how a role in law enforcement impacts an individual’s private life?
- Juvenile murders: Point out the factors that affect areas with high rates of murders committed by children
- Are prisons and the criminal justice system effective in rehabilitation?
- Discuss the factors that have contributed to the emergence of home-grown terrorism
Social Psychology Dissertation Ideas
- What is the influence of automatic effects of priming on complex behavior in real-life situations?
- Evaluate the contribution of emotion and reason in moral judgment through the social intuitionist model
- Discuss the enduring legacy of cognitive dissonance
- What are the effects of spanking on a child’s psychology
- Explain the effects and causes of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in children
- Detail the reasons for antisocial behavior among young adults
- Discuss the early signs of a mental illness among infants
- Point out the leading causes of increased stress and depression in young adults
- Elaborate different types of torture, highlighting their impact on a child’s mind and adult life
- Explain the effects of video games and violent music on a child’s mind and behavior
- Examine different phases of a child’s growth and psychological development
- What effect does the birth order have on a child’s accomplishments and success?
- Detail the outcomes of a self-centered mother on a child’s mental health
- What are remedial and preventive measures that can curb childhood abuse?
- The introvert personality: What are the consequences of the introvert personality among children?
- Elaborate the relationship between negligence in parents and obesity among children
- Look into the psychological, ethical, and legal aspects of adoption
Clinical Psychology Dissertation Ideas
- Look into the major depressive disorder (MDD) within a cognitive framework
- Explain the barriers to communicating associated with sexual dysfunction following heart trauma
- What is the link between experiences and eating behavior among adults?
- Explore the concept of body image and identity among folks who have undergone a lung or heart transplant
- Highlight the demographic and clinical factors that predict insight in individuals with compulsions and obsessions
- Define schizophrenia and point out potential therapies
- What medication and treatments can treat paranoia and phobias?
- What therapies can treat anxiety disorder and panic attacks?
- Which medicines and therapies are effective in treating addictions?
- Discuss different clinical treatments for insomnia
- Examine the effectiveness of antidepressants in therapy treatments
- Explain the most effective practices utilized in treating depression
- What factors lead to post-traumatic stress disorder?
- Are antidepressants addictive? Discuss their effectiveness and potential side effects
- Is behavioral therapy the best treatment for criminals?
- In what ways can psychology be used to manage chronic pain?
Exciting Ideas For A Psychology Dissertation
- Elaborate how a sleeping disorder affects a sportsman’s stamina
- Discuss the prevalence of panic attacks in athletes and point out effective ways to combat them
- What are the potential adverse effects of steroids on the mental health of an athlete
- Highlight the significance of sports psychology in promoting mental health
- Which methods can athletes use to manage and control their negative emotions appropriately?
- Define the term team chemistry and explain how it can build a sound, supportive team
Dissertation Ideas Psychology
- Examine how group belonging influences a person’s behavior
- Explain how physical exercise can manage mood swings
- Define the link between psychology and mythology
- Discuss the basic techniques utilized in psychological research
- Look at compliance and obedience as a function of social status
- Highlight different ways to control aggression among youths
- What are the effects and causes of dehumanization in prisons across the U.S
- Analyze how human cloning can be a solution to childless couples
- Explain the concept of a double foot-in door and how it can manipulate someone
- Define the term Mood Freezing and elaborate its effects
- Is it true that geniuses are made and not born?
- What is the connection between the use of social media and the spike in cases of violence among young adults?
- Examine the impact of breakfast on a person’s overall day to day activities
- Revisit notorious human experiments in history and their ethical shortcomings
- Explain how different colors can enhance a person’s mood
- Explain the factors that contribute to dissociative orders
- Define the difference between mental disorders and mood disorders
Psychology Dissertation Help By Your Side
If you are looking to write a thought-provoking and valuable dissertation for your Ph.D., you have the perfect starting point, thanks to our unique topic ideas. However, if you still find putting together a quality dissertation difficult, there is another incredible option. At a cheap and pocket-friendly rate, you can quickly get expert writers for hire. Indeed, with the internet, it is possible to get high-quality writing help online.
It is high time you had a professional handle your most challenging assignments while focusing on other crucial areas of your studies.
Make PhD experience your own
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
- How it works
How much will your dissertation cost?
Have an expert academic write your dissertation paper!
Get unlimited topic ideas and a dissertation plan for just £45.00
Order topics and plan
Get 1 free topic in your area of study with aim and justification
Yes I want the free topic
Psychology Dissertation Topics
Published by Alaxendra Bets at January 10th, 2023 , Revised On August 11, 2023
Psychology entails the study of mental processes and behaviour. Over the last several years, the demand for psychology graduates has continuously risen due to the growing number of people with psychic problems.
As a psychology student, you can explore one of the many areas of psychology as part of your dissertation project. You can specialize in industrial physiology, mental health, behavioural psychology, cognitive psychology, developmental psychology, personality psychology, social psychology, biological psychology, and psychosocial psychology.
While there are many topic options for psychology students, make sure that you choose one where there is a gap in the literature and more work needs to be done.
To help you get started with brainstorming for psychology topic ideas, we have developed a list of the latest topics that can be used for writing your psychology dissertation.
You may also want to start your dissertation by requesting a brief research proposal from our writers on any of these topics, which includes an introduction to the topic, research question , aim and objectives , literature review along with the proposed methodology of research to be conducted. Let us know if you need any help in getting started.
Check our dissertation examples to get an idea of how to structure your dissertation .
Review the full list of dissertation topics for 2022 here.
2022 Psychology Research Topics
Impact of automation in the manufacturing sector on employee distress and happiness in the uk- an exploratory study finding the psychoeconomic factors.
Research Aim: This study intends to find the impact of automation in the manufacturing sector on employee distress and happiness in the UK. It will explore the moderating Psychoeconomic (Psychological and Economic) factors affected by the increasing automation in the manufacturing industry, affecting the employees’ distress and happiness levels. Furthermore, it will examine the strategies implemented by the manufacturing companies to prevent their employees from the anxiety and unhappiness induced by automation after the technological revolution.
Impact of Sleep Deprivation on Cognitive Performance Among Adults Working from Home during COVID-19 in the UK
Research Aim: This research aims to analyse the impact of sleep deprivation on cognitive performance among adults working from home during COVID-19 in the UK. It will identify how sleep deprivation during COVID-19 affected various mental abilities of employees who were forced to work from home. It will also see how these abilities affect the employees’ productivity during COVID-19. Additionally, it will show the policies adopted by the companies to prevent their employees from working overtime to have a proper sleep. And how does it improve their cognitive performance and productivity?
Effects of Bad Incidents on the Children’s Intelligence- A Critical Assessment through a Clinical Psychology Lens
Research Aim: This research shows the effects of bad incidents on children’s intelligence. It will use a clinical psychology lens to show how clinicians see the relationship between bad incidents in childhood and their impact on children’s intelligence in later life. And in which was these incidents shape the intelligence of children while growing up. Furthermore, it will present a wide range of clinical procedures to overcome the lingering effects of bad incidents on children’s intelligence in later life.
Impact of Marriage Satisfaction on Job Performance in High-Stress Jobs- A Case of Individuals Working in Investment Firms in the UK
Research Aim: This research analyses the impact of marriage satisfaction on job performance in high-stress jobs. It will use investment firms in the UK as a case study to analyse how marriage satisfaction affects the performance of men and women working in these high-stress jobs such as trading and investments. Moreover, it will explore various psychological parts of the job affected by the problems in a marriage. Lastly, it will recommend ways to offset the bad effects of unstable marriage to improve job performance.
The Role of Educational-Psychological Counseling in Career Selection among Immigrant Children in the UK
Research Aim: This research investigates the role of educational-psychological counselling in career selection among immigrant children in the UK. It will show how educational-psychological counselling different aspects of their academic life and help them decide what to pursue in later life. It will also show how this counselling can help them believe that despite coming from outside of the UK, they still have a chance to succeed.
Covid-19 Psychology Research Topics
Topic 1: impacts of coronavirus on the mental health of various age groups.
Research Aim: This study will reveal the impacts of coronavirus on the mental health of various age groups
Topic 2: Mental health and psychological resilience during COVID-19
Research Aim: Social distancing has made people isolated and affected their mental health. This study will highlight various measures to overcome the stress and mental health of people during coronavirus.
Topic 3: The mental health of children and families during COVID-19
Research Aim: This study will address the challenging situations faced by children and families during lockdown due to COVID-19. It will also discuss various ways to overcome the fear of disease and staying positive.
Topic 4: Mental wellbeing of patients during Coronavirus pandemic
Research Aim: This study will focus on the measures taken by the hospital management, government, and families, to ensure the mental wellbeing of patients, especially COVID-19 patients.
Psychology Dissertation Topics for 2021
Topic 1: kids and their relatives with cancer: psychological challenges.
Research Aim: In cancer diagnoses and therapies, children often don’t know what happens. Many have psychosocial problems, including rage, terror, depression, disturbing their sleep, inexpiable guilt, and panic. Therefore, this study identifies and treats the child and its family members’ psychological issues.
Topic 2: Hematopoietic device reaction in ophthalmology patient’s radiation therapy
Research Aim: This research is based on the analysis of hematopoietic devices’ reactions to ophthalmology’s radiation.
Topic 3: Psychological effects of cyberbullying Vs. physical bullying: A counter study
Research Aim: This research will focus on the effects of cyberbullying and physical bullying and their consequences on the victim’s mental health. The most significant part is the counter effects on our society’s environment and human behaviour, particularly youth.
Topic 4: Whether or not predictive processing is a theory of perceptual consciousness?
Research Aim: This research aims to identify: whether or not predictive processing is a theory of perceptual consciousness?
Topic 5: Importance of communication in a relationship
Research Aim: This research aims to address the importance of communication in relationships and the communication gap consequences.
Topic 6: Eating and personality disorders
Research Aim: This research aims to focus on eating and personality disorders
Topic 7: Analysis of teaching, assessment, and evaluation of students and learning differences
Research Aim: This research aims to analyse teaching methods, assessment, and evaluation systems of students and their learning differences
Topic 8: Social and psychological effects of virtual networks
Research Aim: This research aims to study the social and psychological effects of virtual networks
Topic 9: The role of media in provoking aggression
Research Aim: This research aims to address the role of media and in provoking aggression among people
Topic 1: Assessing the advantages and disadvantages of positive reinforcement in special education
Research Aim: The strength and importance of praise in the workplace can have a significant impact on employees and move them from apathy to more happiness and satisfaction. Positive reinforcement motivates and encourages people for their respective tasks. This research aims to assess the advantages and disadvantages of positive reinforcement in special education.
Topic 2: Assessing the relationship between depression and anxiety from the perspective of student academic performance
Research Aim: Emotional disturbance is considered to be a psychological element that can lead to the deterioration of the daily activities of students. Since academic achievements are an integral dimension of students’ lives, depression, anxiety, and other emotional disturbance might lead to poor academic performance. Therefore, this research aims to assess the relationship between depression and anxiety on student academic performance.
Topic 3: How cognitive behaviour therapy helps in dealing with depressed adolescents
Research Aim: Cognitive behavioural theory is regarded as a well-established therapy for depression and other various mental illnesses in children and adolescents. It might be because CBT can reduce suicidal behaviour and thoughts amongst adolescents. The main purpose of this research is to identify how cognitive behaviour therapy can help in dealing with depressed adolescents.
Topic 4: Analysing the psychological impact of bullying on children’s personality and development
Research Aim: Any public humiliation can result in a child’s misconceptions, confusion and misunderstanding about their own personality and the surrounding world. Public humiliation can damage the psychology of children and hinder their overall physical and mental development. The key purpose of this study is to analyse the psychological impact of bullying on children’s personalities and development.
Topic 5: Assessing the impact of psychological pricing on consumer purchase intention
Research Aim: Psychological pricing, also known as charm pricing and price ending, is a market pricing strategy in which certain prices can have a psychological impact on consumers. This strategy also includes a slightly less than a round number, e.g. 2.99, which could incline consumers to make purchase decisions in favour of the seller. Hence, this research aims to assess the impact of psychological pricing on consumer purchase intention.
Topic 6: Borderline Personality Disorder and Self-Cutting Behaviors – Are they Inter Related?
Research Aim: Borderline Personality Disorder is a mental health disorder that impacts the thinking process of an individual. This disorder impacts the way you think and feel about yourself and others. Relationships are unstable. There are extreme emotions and distorted self-image when a person is suffering from a borderline personality disorder. This research will discuss this disorder in detail and evaluate whether self-cutting behaviours are a result of this disorder or not.
Topic 7: Depression and its risk factors – How can it be prevented?
Research Aim: Depression is a psychological issue that needs immediate attention. There are a lot of factors that lead to depression. This research will talk about the various risk factors that contribute to depression in an individual. The research will also discuss ways and strategies through which depression can be managed and eliminated in some cases. Case studies will be a part of this research.
Topic 8: Childhood trauma and its long-lasting impacts on individuals in adulthood
Research Aim: This research will talk about an important issue i.e. childhood trauma. This includes emotional and physical trauma that a child had experienced in his childhood. This research will discuss whether this trauma will impact the individual further in his life or not. If an adult’s future life is likely to be affected by childhood trauma, then in what ways will it change the individual, and how will it shape his personality? All these questions will be answered with this research.
Organisational Psychology Dissertation Topics
The role of industrial psychologists, also known as organisational psychologists, is to apply the principles of psychology to marketing, sales, management, administration, and human resources problems that organizations face.
Typical tasks that organisational psychologists perform include but are not limited to organisational development and analysis, training and development, employee evaluation and selection, policymaking, and more. The following dissertation topics are developed with respect to organisational psychology:
Topic 1: Research in industrial and organisational psychology from 1980 to 2015: Changes, choices, and trends
Research Aim: This research will compare the choices, trends, and changes in industrial and organisational psychology. The years compared will be 1990-2000, 2001-2010, and 2011-2020.
Topic 2: Computerized adaptive testing in industrial and organisational psychology
Research Aim: This research will explore the advanced technique i.e. computerized adaptive testing in organisational and industrial psychology.
Topic 3: Leader-member exchange as a moderating variable in the relationship between well-being and job security
Research Aim: This research will analyse the leader-member exchange as a variable that moderates the relationship between job security and well-being.
Topic 4: Intelligent leadership and leadership competencies – Developing a leadership framework for intelligent organizations
Research Aim: This research will understand the leadership competencies and intelligent leadership by analysing a leadership framework for intelligent organisations.
Topic 5: Burnout amongst executive staff: What are the main predictors? A review of literature from the UK and Europe.
Research Aim: This research will talk about the most pressing issue at workplaces right now, i.e. burnout, The study will include predictors of burnout by analysing literature from Europe and the UK.
Topic 6: Interior design and Industrial psychology – Investigating the role of employees' reward and motivation in shaping up the look of the factory or office
Research Aim: This research will understand the role of employee reward and motivation in shaping up workplaces with a focus on how interior design can create a working environment for employees that enhance their motivation levels.
Topic 7: Investigating the impact of strategic business partnering for business organisations – A case study of any UK based company
Research Aim: This research will talk about the impact of strategic business partnering for business organisations. You can provide us with the name of the company you would want to base your research on.
Topic 8: Social science strategies for managing diversity: Industrial and organisational opportunities to enhance inclusion
Research Aim: This research will interrogate an extremely important issue of psychology, i.e., diversity and inclusion at the workplace. The study will be conducted with respect to social science strategies.
Topic 9: Studying Influencing Factors in Effective Training Programs in Organisations
Research Aim: This research will talk about the various psychological factors that influence training programs organised by companies.
Topic 10: To understand international branding in light of the concept of Hofstede’s cultural dimensions
Research Aim: This research will aim to understand international branding in light of the concept of Hofstede’s cultural dimensions. The research will be descriptive in nature and make use of secondary data.
How Can Research Prospect Help?
Research Prospect writers can send several custom topic ideas to your email address. Once you have chosen a topic that suits your needs and interests, you can order for our dissertation outline service which will include a brief introduction to the topic, research questions , literature review , methodology , expected results , and conclusion . The dissertation outline will enable you to review the quality of our work before placing the order for our full dissertation writing service !
Clinical Psychology Dissertation Topics
Clinical psychology can be defined as integrating clinical knowledge, theory, and science to understand and prevent psychologically based dysfunction and distress. Another aim of this branch of psychology is to promote personal development and behavioural well-being.
Clinical psychologists’ job responsibilities include conducting research, teaching, drug and alcohol treatment, assessing disorders, testifying legal settings, and creating and managing programs to prevent and treat social problems.
A well-written dissertation in this area of psychology can help students to fetch a high academic grade. Here are some interesting topics in this area:
Topic 1: Which clinical and demographic factors predict poor insight in individuals with obsessions and compulsions?
Research Aim: This research will discuss the clinical and demographic factors that predict poor insight within individuals with compulsions and obsessions.
Topic 2: Anger beliefs and behaviour; An Investigation of associations with Hypomania in a non-clinical sample
Research Aim: This research will investigate anger, behaviour, and beliefs concerning hypomania in a non-clinical sample.
Topic 3: Clinical psychologists’ experiences of accessing personal therapy during training: A narrative analysis
Research Aim: This research will discuss clinical psychologists’ experiences of accessing personal therapy during training. This will be a narrative analysis.
Topic 4: Exploring body image and identity in people who have had a heart or lung transplant
Research Aim: This research will help explore the identity and body image of people who have had a heart or a lung transplant. All related issues will be discussed in this study.
Topic 5: Psychosocial adjustment to renal failure and consequent dialysis
Research Aim: This research will explore psychosocial adjustment required during renal failure. The study will also discuss dialysis, which will result due to renal failure.
Topic 6: Experiences of psychosocial formulation within a bio-psychosocial model of care for psychosis
Research Aim: This research will talk about psychosocial formulation experiences within a bio-psychosocial model of care for psychosis.
Topic 7: Experiences and their association with eating behaviour in adulthood
Research Aim: This research will investigate the relationship between individual experiences and eating behaviour in adulthood. The study will furthermore present suggestions as to how these conditions can be improved.
Topic 8: Barriers to communicating about sexual dysfunction following heart trauma
Research Aim: This research will talk about an important issue i.e. sexual dysfunction. However, the study will be conducted concerning the issue being developed due to heart trauma.
Topic 9: Validation of a new scale assessing the use of strategies to change another person’s mood or emotional state
Research Aim: This research will investigate and try to validate a new scale that will be used to assess strategies for changing another person’s emotional state or mood.
Topic 10: Examining Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) within a cognitive framework
Research Aim: This research will investigate an important psychology issue, i.e. depression. Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) will be assessed with a cognitive framework.
Also Read: Construction Engineering Dissertation Topics
Cognitive Psychology Dissertation Topics
Cognitive Psychology can be defined as the study of mental processes such as thinking, creativity, problem solving, perception, memory, language use, and attention through neuropsychology, computer modeling, and experimentation.
Cognitive psychologists are primarily responsible for investigating how the human brain absorbs and interprets information at micro and macro levels. This area of psychology is broad. Therefore you will have many topic options to choose from. Please see below some titles if you are looking to base your dissertation on the field of cognitive psychology.
Topic 1: Adolescent perceptions and beliefs of proactive-reactive aggression explored through the social information processing model of aggression
Research Aim: This research will talk about various perceptions and beliefs of adolescents with respect to proactive-reactive aggression. These will be explored through the social information processing model of aggression.
Topic 2: Analyzing how cognitive flexibility is influenced by emotions
Research Aim: This research will analyze how emotions influence the cognitive flexibility of individuals.
Topic 3: Tractable cognition: The role of complexity theory in cognitive psychology
Research Aim: This research will discuss tractable cognition. The study will discuss the role of complexity theory in cognitive psychology.
Topic 4: Conflict monitoring across sensory modalities
Research Aim: This research will discuss conflict monitoring during sensory modalities. The study will talk about various conflict monitoring methods.
Topic 5: Familiarity and its effect on facial expression recognition?
Research Aim: This research will discuss the concept of familiarity and its impact on facial expression recognition.
Topic 6: Investigating the relationship between cognitive vulnerability and depression
Research Aim: This research will investigate the relationship between depression and cognitive vulnerability.
Topic 7: Effectiveness of mindfulness training on ratings of perceived stress, mindfulness, and well-being of adolescents enrolled in an international baccalaureate diploma program
Research Aim: This research will discuss the effectiveness of mindfulness training on ratings of well-being and perceived stress of adolescents. The participants of this research will be international baccalaureate diploma students.
Topic 8: Assessing the development of implicit intergroup cognition in relation to in-groups and out-groups: social learning or pre-specified?
Research Aim: This research will assess the development of implicit intergroup cognition with respect to out-groups and in-groups. The study will conclude whether this development classifies as social learning or is pre-specified.
Topic 9: Assessing the relationship between impaired social cognition, emotion, and anxiety disorders.
Research Aim: This research will discuss the relationship between emotion, anxiety disorders, and impaired social cognition.
Topic 10: Investigating the relationship between episodic memory and emotional memory
Research Aim: This research will investigate the relationship between emotional memory and episodic memory and the underlying causes.
Also Read : Project Management Dissertation Topics
Order a Proposal
Worried about your dissertation proposal? Not sure where to start?
- Choose any deadline
- Plagiarism free
- Unlimited free amendments
- Free anti-plagiarism report
- Completed to match exact requirements
- Social Psychology Dissertation Topics
This branch of psychology has gained tremendous importance in the world of academia in recent times. Essentially, it deals with social interactions, including their influence on the individuals and their origin.
According to Baron, Byrne, and Sulls (1989), “the scientific field seeks to understand the nature and causes of individual behaviour in social situations.”
Therefore, it will not be wrong to say that social psychology primarily investigates how human behaviour can influence other people and the surrounding social environment. Some relevant social psychology dissertation topics are listed below:
Topic 1: Cognitive, affective, and social psychological correlates of psychopathic personality traits in offenders and non-offenders
Research Aim: This research will address cognitive, affective, and social psychological correlations of psychopathic personality traits in offenders and non-offenders.
Topic 2: A social-psychological exploration of word-of-mouth traveller information in the digital age
Research Aim: This research will explore the word of mouth exchange of traveller information in today’s age with a social-psychological perspective.
Topic 3: Investigating the concept of contemporary social and cultural psychology
Research Aim: This research will investigate the concept of contemporary social and cultural psychology.
Topic 4: Methods for social psychological research: fundamental qualitative and fundamental quantitative methods.
Research Aim: This will be an interesting study. The research will explore two major social psychological research methods; fundamental qualitative method and fundamental quantitative method.
Topic 5: The impact of gender mistakes on various individual attitudes and behaviours that contribute to gender inequality
Research Aim: This research will explore the impact of gender issues on different individual attitudes and behaviours. Moreover, the study will assess their impact and contribution to increasing gender inequality.
Topic 6: Personality, passion, self-esteem and psychological well-being among junior elite athletes in the UK
Research Aim: This research will study the psychological well-being of junior athletes in the UK. This includes assessing their personality, passion, and self-esteem.
Topic 7: Mad, bad, or dangerous? Assessing changing social attitudes to mental illness through a study of magazine and TV advertising.
Research Aim: This research will assess the changing social attitudes to mental illness by studying TV and magazine advertising. The study will focus on the impact of these advertisements on the mental health of the audience.
Topic 8: Use of images of women in corporate website branding – The role of gender, marketing, and internet presence
Research Aim: This research will assess the use of women’s images in website branding. The study will evaluate and analyze the role of gender, marketing, and internet presence.
Topic 9: How the use of music can help to reduce crime rate – A quantitative study of underground tube stations in London
Research Aim: The study will focus on an ignored socio-psychological aspect i.e. music. The research will assess how music helps to reduce the crime rate. A quantitative study covering underground tube stations will be conducted.
Topic 10: The enduring legacy of cognitive dissonance
Research Aim: This research will talk about the history of cognitive dissonance. It will also discuss its enduring legacy.
Also Read: Sociology Dissertation Topics
Abnormal Psychology Dissertation Topics
The abnormal patterns of thoughts, emotions, and behaviour that may lead to mental disorders are studied under the abnormal psychology branch of psychology. But what is an abnormality, and who decides what abnormal behaviour is? Historically, societies have been quick to observe and tag individuals as abnormal when they encounter situations that they could not understand.
Abnormal psychologists are responsible for identifying the human characteristics that deviate from the norm. This branch of psychology can interest students who wish to explore unusual human behaviour and unusual conditions. Following topics on abnormal psychology can help to ease the dissertation topic selection process for your thesis project:
Topic 1: Assessing and Investigating the concepts of abnormality and mental health
Research Aim: This research will discuss the basics of abnormality and mental health. The literature review will cover the various mental health conditions and what leads them to these issues.
Topic 2: A neuropsychological investigation of frontal brain asymmetry in depression with comorbid anxiety
Research Aim: This research will investigate a neuropsychological issue, i.e., frontal brain asymmetry in depression with comorbid anxiety.
Topic 3: What is the relationship between children’s home routines and treatment for ADHD? A study of the literature
Research Aim: This research will talk about a common yet ignored issue, ADHD. The study will explore the relationship between children’s home routines and treatment procedures.
Topic 4: Investigating the relationship between depression and diet – A qualitative study of how the Mediterranean diet can help to lower depression levels
Research Aim: This research will investigate an interesting relationship – depression and diet. The study will also explore how the Mediterranean diet can help reduce levels of depression.
Topic 5: Promoting mental health and psychological wellbeing in children: A socio-cultural activity theory analysis of professional contributions and learning in a multidisciplinary team
Research Aim: This research will aim to promote mental health and psychological wellbeing in children. The study will be based on a socio-cultural activity theory analysis of professional contributions and learning in a multidisciplinary team.
Topic 6: A critical inquiry into the views of professionals working with families, parents, and children.
Research Aim: This research will help conduct a critical inquiry into the views of professionals working with parents, families, and children.
Topic 7: Exploring ways of managing stress and coping with poor mental health
Research Aim: This research will help to explore stress and coping issues amongst individuals with poor mental health.
Topic 8: The role of positive irrational beliefs in mental health & wellbeing
Research Aim: This research will talk about the positive role of irrational beliefs associated with mental health and wellbeing.
Topic 9: To understand and establish the relationship between social media websites and self-harm in adolescent females
Research Aim: This research will aim to understand and establish the relationship between social media websites and self-harm in adolescent females.
Topic 10: A biographical narrative study exploring mental ill-health through the life course
Research Aim: This will be a biographical narrative study that will explore the mental illness issues that may cause difficulties to lead the course of life.
Hire an Expert Writer
Orders completed by our expert writers are
- Formally drafted in an academic style
- Free Amendments and 100% Plagiarism Free – or your money back!
- 100% Confidential and Timely Delivery!
- Appreciated by thousands of clients. Check client reviews
Developmental and Educational Psychology Dissertation Topics
According to Kendra Cherry (2001), “Educational psychology involves the study of how people learn, including topics such as student outcomes, the instructional process, individual differences in learning, gifted learners and learning disabilities.” This branch of psychology considers not only the learning process but also the social and emotional aspects of development.
Developmental and educational psychologists are responsible for designing professional development programmes, evaluating programmes and interventions, designing training programmes, consulting with groups and individuals, counselling, designing effective treatment programmes, assessing developmental learning and behavioural problems among individuals, diagnosing disabilities and disorders, and identifying and clarifying problems.
Here’s a list of developmental and educational psychology dissertation topics for you to choose from:
Topic 1: Investigating parents’ concerns with a child’s development: A Case Study
Research Aim: This research will investigate concerns of parents related to child development. A specific case will be examined in this research.
Topic 2: To examine the parent-child relationship issues
Research Aim: This research will explore the issues related to the parent-child bond. Solutions will also be provided as to how these should be tackled.
Topic 3: Managing a child’s difficult temperament or behaviour
Research Aim: This research will help parents understand how they can manage a child who has a difficult temperament.
Topic 4: How educational psychologists can assist a child with disabilities
Research Aim: This research will explore how educational psychologists help in assisting disabled children.
Topic 5: Exploring the causes of sibling rivalries in the family: Studying How These can Be Tackled.
Research Aim: This research will talk explores the causes behind sibling rivalries in families and will also suggest how these can be controlled.
Topic 6: Problems parents, teachers, and children may face in the transition from early childhood to school years
Research Aim: This study will explore issues and problems parents, teachers, and children face in the transition from early childhood to school years.
Topic 7: Exploring the impact of consultation on educational psychology service users, including pupils, teachers, and parents
Research Aim: This research will explore the impacts of consultation on educational psychology services which include pupils, teachers, and parents.
Topic 8: The development of the theory of mind in deaf, hard of hearing, and hearing preschool children
Research Aim: This research will talk about the developmental theory of mind in deaf people, hard of hearing, and hearing of preschool children.
Topic 9: Cultural differences and perceptions of autism among school psychologists
Research Aim: This research will talk about the cultural differences and perceptions of autism amongst school psychologists.
Topic 10: High school special education teachers’ use of positive behaviour: Effects of a behaviour prompting routine on specific praise rates
Research Aim: This research will discuss the use of positive behaviour by high school special education teachers. Furthermore, the dissertation will also study the impact of behaviour that prompts a routine for specific praise rates.
- Cognitive psychology dissertationtopics
- Educational psychology dissertation topics
- Clinical psychology dissertation topics
- Counselling psychology dissertation topics
- Criminal Psychology Dissertation Ideas
- Sports Psychology Dissertation Ideas
- Neuro Psychology Dissertation Ideas
- Consumer Psychology Dissertation Ideas
As a psychology student looking to get good grades, it is essential to develop new ideas and experiment with existing psychology theories – i.e., to add value and interest to your research topic.
Psychology is vast and interrelated with so many other academic disciplines. That is why it is imperative to create a psychology dissertation topic that is particular, sound, and actually solves a practical problem that may be rampant in the field.
We can’t stress how important it is to develop a logical research topic based on your entire research. There are several significant downfalls to getting your topic wrong; your supervisor may not be interested in working on it, the topic has no academic creditability, the research may not make logical sense, and there is a possibility that the study is not viable.
This impacts your time and efforts in writing your dissertation as you may end up in the cycle of rejection at the initial stage of the dissertation. That is why we recommend reviewing existing research to develop a topic, taking advice from your supervisor, and even asking for help in this particular stage of your dissertation.
Keeping our advice in mind while developing a research topic will allow you to pick one of the best psychology dissertation topics that fulfil your requirement of writing a research paper and adds to the body of knowledge.
Therefore, it is recommended that when finalizing your dissertation topic, you read recently published literature to identify gaps in the research that you may help fill.
Remember- dissertation topics need to be unique, solve an identified problem, be logical, and be practically implemented. Please look at some of our sample psychology dissertation topics to get an idea for your own dissertation.
How to Structure your Psychology Dissertation
A well-structured dissertation can help students to achieve a high overall academic grade.
- A Title Page
- Abstract: A summary of the research completed
- Table of Contents
- Introduction : This chapter includes the project rationale, research background, key research aims and objectives, and the research problems. An outline of the structure of a dissertation can also be added to this chapter.
- Literature Review : This chapter presents relevant theories and frameworks by analyzing published and unpublished literature on the chosen research topic to address research questions . The purpose is to highlight and discuss the selected research area’s relative weaknesses and strengths while identifying any research gaps. Break down the topic and key terms that can positively impact your dissertation and your tutor.
- Methodology : The data collection and analysis methods and techniques employed by the researcher are presented in the Methodology chapter, which usually includes research design , research philosophy, research limitations, code of conduct, ethical consideration, data collection methods, and data analysis strategy .
- Findings and Analysis : Findings of the research are analyzed in detail under the Findings and Analysis chapter. All key findings/results are outlined in this chapter without interpreting the data or drawing any conclusions. It can be useful to include graphs, charts, and tables in this chapter to identify meaningful trends and relationships.
- Discussion and Conclusion : The researcher presents his interpretation of the results in this chapter and states whether the research hypothesis has been verified or not. An essential aspect of this section is establishing the link between the results and evidence from the literature. Recommendations with regards to the implications of the findings and directions for the future may also be provided. Finally, a summary of the overall research, along with final judgments, opinions, and comments, must be included in the form of suggestions for improvement.
- References : Make sure to complete this following your University’s requirements
- Appendices : Any additional information, diagrams, and graphs used to complete the dissertation but not part of the dissertation should be included in the Appendices chapter. Essentially, the purpose is to expand the information/data.
About Research Prospect Ltd
Research Prospect is a UK based academic writing service that provides help with Dissertation Proposal Writing , Ph.D. Proposal Writing , Dissertation Writing , Dissertation Editing, and Improvement .
Our team of writers is highly qualified. They are experts in their respective fields. They have been working for us for a long time. Thus, they are well aware of the issues and the trends of the subject they specialize in.
Need more Topics.?
Review Our Best Dissertation Topics 2022 complete list.
Free Dissertation Topic
Academic Level Select Academic Level Undergraduate Graduate PHD
Area of Research
Frequently Asked Questions
How to find psychology dissertation topics.
To discover Psychology dissertation topics:
- Explore recent research and journals.
- Identify emerging areas or gaps.
- Consider personal interests or experiences.
- Discuss with professors or experts.
- Analyze real-world issues and applications.
- Choose a topic that excites and challenges you.
You May Also Like
Go through some of the dissertation topics related to Forensic science given below, with their research aim, and get an idea to begin your dissertation.
Need interesting and manageable sociology dissertation topics? Here are the trending sociology dissertation titles so you can choose the most suitable one.
Here is a list of English 101 dissertation topics to help you choose the one studies anyone as per your requirements.
Ready to place an order?
Useful links, learning resources.
- How It Works
- Criminal Law Assignment Help
- Taxation Law Assignment Help
- Business Law Assignment Help
- Contract Law Assignment Help
- Civil Law Assignment Help
- Land Law Assignment Help
- Tort Law Assignment Help
- Company Law Assignment Help
- Employment Law Assignment Help
- Environmental Law Assignment Help
- Commercial Law Assignment Help
- Criminology Assignment Help
- Corporate Governance Law Assignment Help
- Constitutional Law Assignment Help
- Operations Assignment Help
- HRM Assignment Help
- Marketing Management Assignment Help
- 4 Ps Of Marketing Assignment Help
- Strategic Marketing Assignment Help
- Project Management Assignment Help
- Strategic Management Assignment Help
- Risk Management Assignment Help
- Organisational Behaviour Assignment Help
- Business Development Assignment Help
- Change Management Assignment Help
- Consumer Behavior Assignment Help
- Operations Management Assignment Help
- Public Relations Assignment Help
- Supply Chain Management Assignment Help
- Conflict Management Assignment Help
- Environmental Assignment Help
- Public Policy Assignment Help
- Childcare Assignment Help
- Business Report Writing Help
- Pricing Strategy Assignment Help
- Corporate Strategy Assignment Help
- Managerial Accounting Assignment Help
- Capital Budgeting Assignment Help
- Accounting Assignment Help
- Cost Accounting Assignment Help
- Financial Accounting Assignment Help
- Corporate Finance Assignment Help
- Behavioural Finance Assignment Help
- Financial Ethics Assignment Help
- Financial Management Assignment Help
- Financial Reporting Assignment Help
- Forensic Accounting Assignment Help
- International Finance Assignment Help
- Cost-Benefit Analysis Assignment Help
- Financial Engineering Assignment Help
- Financial Markets Assignment Help
- Private Equity and Venture Capital Assignment Help
- Psychology Assignment Help
- Sociology Assignment Help
- English Assignment Help
- Political Science Assignment Help
- Arts Assignment Help
- Civil Engineering Assignment Help
- Computer Science And Engineering Assignment Help
- Economics Assignment Help
- Climate Change Economics Assignment Help
- Java Assignment Help
- MATLAB Assignment Help
- Database Assignment Help
- PHP Assignment Help
- UML Diagram Assignment Help
- Web Designing Assignment Help
- Networking Assignment Help
- Chemistry Assignment Help
- Biology Assignment Help
- Nursing Assignment Help
- Biotechnology Assignment Help
- Mathematics Assignment Help
- Assignment Assistance
- Assignment Help Online
- Cheap Assignment Help
- Assignment Paper Help
- Solve My Assignment
- Do My Assignment
- Get Assignment Help
- Urgent Assignment Help
- Write My Assignment
- Assignment Provider
- Quality Assignment Help
- Make My Assignment
- Online Assignment Writers
- Paid Assignment Help
- Top Assignment Help
- Writing Assignment For University
- Buy Assignment Online
- All Assignment Help
- Academic Assignment Help
- Assignment Help Tutors
- Student Assignment Help
- Custom Assignment Writing Service
- English Essay Help
- Law Essay Help
- Management Essay Help
- MBA Essay Help
- History Essay Help
- Literature Essay Help
- Online Essay Help
- Plagiarism Free Essay
- Write My Essay
- Admission Essay Help
- TOK Essay Help
- Best Essay Writing Service
- Essay Assignment Help
- Essay Writers Online
- Professional Essay Writers
- Academic Writing
- Homework Help
- Dissertation Help
- University Assignment Help
- College Assignment Help
- Research Paper Writing Help
- Case Study Help
- Coursework Help
- Thesis Help
- PowerPoint Presentation Service
- Job Openings
Top 100 Psychology Dissertation Topics Trending in the Year 2021
- August 23, 2021 August 23, 2021
Psychology is the science that is dedicated to the study of mind and behavior. The subject incorporates the study of both conscious and unconscious phenomena. It focuses on the in-depth study of thoughts and feelings of the individuals and how physiological, psychological, external changes influence their psyche. From basic to advanced studies, it comprehensively encompasses the biological influences, environmental factors, and social pressures and how they compel individual or the group of individuals to make both rational and irrational decisions.
GET HELP INSTANTLY Place your order to get best assignment help
As Jeff Bezos once wisely quoted, “The human brain is an incredible pattern-matching machine”, it is the job of the most trusted psychologists to dig everything about the human experience through the study of the subject. Right from the basic functioning of the human brain to reasoning, memory, consciousness, and personality to language, as well as the mental health, there are an immense number of aspects that one can cover in the courses related to the subject.
The courses related to psychology play a very pivotal role in opening new avenues of career opportunities for the students. That is one of the major reasons why, they prefer to take assignment help from professional academicians from the field of psychology. It is the quality submissions made through top-notch assignment writing services that help students of psychology secure better grades and avail a competitive edge when it come to the most desired and demanded career opportunities. The subject offers numerous specializations, with lucrative perks in the form of job opportunities and mammoth scope in the given field.
When it comes to the assignment writing needs of the students, some students prefer to finish and submit the psychology assignments on their own. They tend to struggle with the search of the right dissertation assignment topic and dispose off a lot of time and energy for it. We are always glad for the students who only wish to have our professional intervention in terms of topic recommendation and wish to take the responsibility of the high-quality research, writing, editing, and proofreading over their own shoulders.
Wish to explore nursing thesis and research topics from the experts of medical field? Read the below article to explore seldom touched, compelling nursing topics.
Must read: 48 most recommended nursing research topics for nursing aspirants around the globe, why referring to a tailored list of dissertation topics is always a smarter move.
If you wish to have the briefest form of answer, then we can say it saves time! Believe it or not, but the students of psychology who fail to manage their time even spend two to three days just over the selection of the right topic. How good it would be if the students can wisely use this time to conduct in-depth research for the extraction of high-quality content? Obviously, the quality of research and the writing style we include in our draft is as important as the selection of the right topic.
When you refer the psychology dissertation topic from the list recommended by a professional online assignment help agency, then you are saving yourself a lot of pain and effort. You can channelize that time and energy to improve other pertinent sections of the assignment development. The list of the psychology topics relevant for the year 2021 and prepared by the handpicked range of most trusted researchers. The best part is that you are going to access this premium assignment topics list through our blog absolutely for free!
Are you or your friends facing difficulty in choosing the right TOK essay title? Read the below article to come across the best topics for TOK essay homework congregated by the experts.
Must read: wish to choose your tok essay title smartly here are top titles to look forward to in 2021, top 100 psychology dissertation topics for all kinds of psychology courses.
The following is the list of top 100 psychology dissertation topics that can help you out with online homework help needs. We have segregated these 100 topics as per various branches of psychology studied by the students in different courses. It would help you reach the most desired topic without exploring the entire list in detail. So, let us enlist them one by one –
Clinical Psychology Topics
- What are the clinical and demographic factors responsible to forecast poor insight in the individuals with obsessions and compulsions?
- The experiences of clinical psychologists in accessing personal therapy during the training: A narrative evaluation
- Psycho-social adjustment to the cases of renal failure and their consequent dialysis
- The experiences associated with psycho-social formulation right within a bio psycho-social model of psychosis case
- The experiences and their connection with the eating behavior in the adulthood
- Evaluation of MDD (major depressive disorder) within a cognitive framework
- The barriers faced to communicate the experiences related to sexual dysfunction following a heart trauma
- What are the key reasons behind anorexia in adults?
- How Psychology can be effectively used to gain control over a chronic pain?
- What is the connection between Psychology and suicidal thoughts?
Criminal Psychology Topics
- What are the reasons behind the increasing rate of psychotic behavior in the youth and the teenagers?
- Abusive parents and their impact on the child development
- The abuse of drugs in youth and its impact on their psychological health
- Media violence and its impact on the psyche of the children
- The adverse effects of bullying on the well-being of the primary students
- The increasing rate of child abuse in Pakistan
- The criminal mindset behind the increase in cases of gun violence in the US schools
- Can behavioral therapy actually turn out to be effective for the treatment of criminals?
- The impact of abusive relationship on the psychology of the concerned case victim
- Deviant behavior of the sex offenders could successfully be treated with the help of cognitive behavioral treatment
Cognitive Psychology Topics
- The contribution of attention, expectations, and emotional stress towards the perception of pain
- The extent to which the objective methods of the measurement can support the theoretical approaches to the consciousness
- The association between impaired emotion, social cognition and anxiety disorders
- Are direct and indirect theories of the perception incompatible or can the recent inactive accounts potentially leading to a compromise?
- How the studies of trilingualism and bilingualism in infants can actually indicate the degree of the interaction between the representational systems for encoding a variety of languages in the brain?
- The function of implicit visual processing in the recognition of objects: neural pathways and mechanisms
- Are the MRI studies considered to be a dependable indicator for brain function?
- The efforts of the cerebellum in connection to the higher roles of the cortex
- Working memory can be explained best in terms of the function of the long-term memory
- Baddeley’s model of working memory vs alternative theories: A comparative study
Developmental Psychology Topics
- The role and extent of plasticity in shaping up the visual cognitive development
- Understanding the change during the cognitive development: One form of learning mechanism or simply diverse learning paradigms meant for various problems
- Evaluating whether the intrinsic forces or the standards of interaction between the children and their human caregivers leading to successful learning outcomes
- The impact of culture on the conversational understanding, in the cases where the children never communicate with the adults in a normal manner
- The action planning and scale errors in children: Evaluating the implications of the findings of DeLoache for interpreting the “what/where” pathways within the human brain.
- The criticality of the developmental cognitive neuroscience for the early tracing and treatment of the developmental disorders.
- Is the cognitive development based upon on the theory of Piaget still relevant in terms of the modern findings of the cognitive neuroscience?
- The acquirement of biological and cultural growth is critical for child development: Discuss
- The latest studies indicate that panic attacks and anxiety can be treated with the help of cognitive therapy. Discuss
- What do you understand by speech disorder and how does it influence the cognitive development?
Social Psychology Topics
- Social anxiety and social phobia
- What are the reasons behind the occurrences of antisocial behavior in teenagers?
- How does the bullying impact the social interaction among the teenagers in college or high school?
- The process of socializing and its benefits on the mental health
- The impact of automatic effects on priming over the complex behavior in the real-life situations
- What are the factors modulating the automatic priming effects in connection to social behavior? Accessing duration and magnitude
- The enduring legacy of the cognitive dissonance
- The early onset of the non-verbal communication in the infants
- Implications of sustaining self-integrity and interpreting the interpersonal relations
- Behavioral game theory- How the players learn and influence others in association with strategic thinking, and its implications for the real-life social interactions
Evolutionary Psychology Topics
- Is the field of evolutionary psychology just a field of inquiry or rather a form of robust paradigm for investigating out the human behavior?
- Evaluating whether the reciprocal altruism is adequate enough to interpret altruism in diverse social situations
- Why do the individual cognitive modules and traits fail to justify the complexities of the human social behavior?
- Evaluating the relative significance of the facial symmetry, and secondary sex characteristics as dependable indicators for the mate choice
- The proxy role of human cognitive development in understanding the process of evolution of the human brain
- A module for cheater detection: fact or fiction?
- The executive functioning of the frontal cortex is what that make the humans unique. Discuss
- Discuss ethnographic cases as a rational measure for the development of universal human characteristics
- How can the evolution psychology interpret the anomalies within the human decision-making periphery?
- Is the theory of sexual selection proposed by Darwin still relevant in interpreting the expression of human emotions and cross-cultural activities?
Abnormal Psychology Topics
- Associating the sub-types with dependence on substance to the dissociable networks of interruption in limbic system
- The importance of anterior cingulate cortex to interpret cognitive deficits in the cases of schizophrenia
- The study and interpretation of schizophrenia in the form of a multi-dimensional syndrome
- How the extensive use of cannabis results in the deficiency related to working memory?
- The possible causes of facing the processing deficiency in Autism Spectrum Disorder: visual or social?
- Why do the patients of schizophrenia tend to experience an auditory instead of visual hallucinations?
- How, and in which ways are the IDD (intellectual development disorders) distinct from Autism Spectrum Disorders?
- Evaluating the symptoms of the ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) in children and in adults: Is the disorder in adults different from that of children?
- Are antidepressants really effective in terms of a remedial approach to therapy?
- Is stalking really accounted for a psychological disorder?
Psychology of Personality Topics
- Discuss the relevance of personality assessment tests? Are they still relevant in terms of the modern context?
- Is asexuality somehow associated with the psychology of a person?
- What are the factors that might result in multiple personality disorder?
- Is the habit of lying somehow associated with the psychology of a person?
- How does the narcissist persona of an individual affects the mental health of the other members of the family?
- How does the financial crisis influences the mental health of a person?
- Can colors play a decisive role in improving the mood of a person?
- What are the reasons resulting in the recurring actions to become a habit?
- Personality and the decision making: The function of impulsivity and prudent thinking
- Making an assessment of Health Personality Inventory to successfully predict the risk of substance abuse in adolescents
Miscellaneous Psychology Topics
- To what extent can the influence of color impact the sporting performance?
- How the influence of color affects the psychology of a person?
- Can a language actually influence the psychological perception of an individual? Elaborate
- Does the language actually influence the thought? A linguistic-relativity debate
- The cross-cultural distinctions in number processing
- A systematic review of the psychology of religion
- A systematic review of the models of memory
- Can the process of learning up the memory techniques decisively enhance the academic performance?
- Can mindfulness enhance the mental well-being?
- The history of the psychology movements of the 20 th century
- A systematic review of the creative thought
- Can exercise enhance happiness: Discuss in terms of both physical and mental well-being
- To what extent does the sleep affect the psychological well-being of a person?
- To what extent does the video games affect the psychological well-being of a person?
- How do the financial markets leave a prolonged impact on the psychology of the masses?
- How does Internet Pornography affects the mental well-being of the generations of users?
- Investigating the association between emotional memory and episodic memory
- Bad, mad or dangerous? Evaluating the attitude of the society towards the patients of mental illness, as depicted in magazines, movies and TV advertising
- Developing the theory of mind in hearing, hard of hearing and deaf preschool children
- A biographical narrative study to overcome mental ill health through a life course
Well, with that we have reached the end of our top 100 psychology assignment topics that you can use not only for your psychology dissertation help needs, but also for the topic search needs related to other assignment writing formats. The list can also help you with the topic needs related to case study help , essay help , research paper writing help or thesis help as well.
Are you planning to study Bachelor of Psychology from a premier university or college in Australia? Visit the below link for all you need to know step-by-step from the experts who can truly guide!
Must read: planning to study bachelor of psychology from a top college in australia learn all you need to know here.
The top 100 psychology dissertation topics that we have discussed above cover different curriculum subjects taught in prestigious institutions, colleges, and universities in different parts of the world. It is not necessary that you borrow the dissertation topics in the same way as inscribed in the list above. You can surely customize them as per your writing requirements or the instructions assigned to submit the work.
We wish our students good luck to finish their next psychology assignment homework with utmost convenience based upon the chosen topic from the above list. However, if the requirement lies beyond topic recommendation to the submission of the finest quality psychology homework draft, then also the support is just a click away. Reach Psychology assignment help to access paid assignment help for all forms of psychology assignment submissions at the most reasonable rates online. Experience the services of a professional assignment writing agency with an unmatched goodwill of serving psychology students worldwide with time-tested, proven results for the last 15 years.
- USF Research
- USF Libraries
Digital Commons @ USF > College of Arts and Sciences > Psychology > Theses and Dissertations
Psychology Theses and Dissertations
Theses/dissertations from 2022 2022.
Boredom, Interoceptive Ability, and Emotional Eating , Erica Ahlich
Environmental Transmission of Career Interests Through a Genetic Lens: Understanding the Confounding Around Parental Occupation , Tyler Allan
Do Suicide Attempt Survivors Have Reduced Long-Term Well-Being? A Study of Veterans Across Three Nationally Representative Cohorts , Bradley A. Brown
Depersonalized, Dysregulated, and Demanded: The Impact of Burnout on Appraisal and Emotional Events , Katrina M. Conen
Breast Health Esteem to Motivate Breast Health Behavioral Intentions: An Application of the Terror Management Health Model , Emily P. Courtney
Gender Differences in College Drinkers: The Role of Masculine Norms , Jared A. Davis
Prevalence and Predictors of Careless Responding in Experience Sampling Research , Alexander J. Denison
Perceptions of Workplace Discrimination: A Closer Look , Jeremiah Doaty
The Impact of Cannabis on Motivational Processes for Smoked Tobacco and Cigarettes , Claire M. Gorey
Outcomes of a Telehealth Adaptation of a Trauma-Based Parent Training Program , Holland Hayford
Why Don’t They Just Ask?: Barriers to Directly Requesting Affirmative Sexual Consent by Gender and Sexual Orientation , Jessica A. Jordan
Examining the Social Validity of Parent Training: Post-Participation Parent Perceptions and Reflections of Group Triple P , Nycole C. Kauk
Individual Differences in Response to Hostile and Benevolent Sexism in a STEM Interview Context: The Moderating Role of Behavioral Activation , Elizabeth Kiebel
Do Sociability Expectancies Moderate Social Anxiety Predicting Alcohol Consumption Following a Social Stressor Speech Task , Jacob A. Levine
An Object for Sexual Pleasure: Does Viewing Sexualized Media Predict Increases in Self and Partner Objectification Impacting Feelings of Sexual and Romantic Closeness? , Kaitlyn Ligman
Influences of Sentence Context and Individual Differences in Lexical Quality on Early Phonological Processing during Silent Reading , Sara Milligan
Testing the Effects of Social Exclusion on Emotional Arousal: An Examination of the Effects of Psychological Pain and Rumination , Amanda L. Peterson
Creating a Short, Public-Domain Version of the CPAI-2: Using an Algorithmic Approach to Develop Public-Domain Measures of Indigenous Personality Traits , Mukhunth Raghavan
Equitable Implementation of the Good Behavior Game , Faith D. Reynolds
Ethnic-Racial Minoritized Adolescents’ Perceptions of Cyberhate, School Connectedness, Ethnic-Racial Identity, and Life Satisfaction , Alexis Taylor
Predicting Future Well-Being Among United States Youth Who Attempted Suicide and Survived , Bingjie Tong
Approach and Avoidance Food Craving: A Dual Cue Reactivity Investigation , Christina Lee Verzijl
Theses/Dissertations from 2021 2021
School Professional Coaching on Facilitation of Prevent-Teach-Reinforce (PTR) Model for Students with Persistent Problem Behavior , Rachel Ayres
Influencing Motivation for Alcohol through Social Bonding , Bryan Benitez
Case Studies in Applied Behavior Analysis: Using a Desensitization Procedure to Decrease Problem Behavior Towards Peers and Using a Treatment Package to Increase Time Spent in a Small Group , Mallamy I. Camargo Pena
Testing the Congruence of Espousals and Enactments Predicting Team Innovation , Rylan M. Charlton
The General Psychopathology Factor ( p ) From Adolescence to Adulthood: Disentangling the Developmental Trajectories of p Using a Multi-Method Approach , Alexandria M. Choate
An Ecological Momentary Assessment of Disordered Eating Behaviors within Alcohol Use Episodes: Determining Temporal Sequencing in Food and Alcohol Disturbance , Emily M. Choquette
The Influence of Maternal Body-Shaming Comments and Bodily Shame on Portion Size , Savannah R. Flak
Mental Health Problems, Traumatic Brain Injury, and Offending Behavior Among Persons Incarcerated in a County Jail , Lauren F. Fournier
The Adaptive, Social, Communication, and Cognitive Skills of Monolingual and Bilingual Toddlers with Autism , Marcela A. Galicia
Good Intentions Go Awry: Investigation of Unhelpful Supportive Leadership , Cheryl E. Gray
Hello Traitor: An Examination of Individual Differences in Perceptions of Technology-Related Incivility , David J. Howard
Measuring State Empathy: Exploring the Efficacy of a Film Clip Task and Examining Individual Differences in Empathic Responding , Stephanie R. Hruza
The Relationship of Hope to Goals and Psychological Outcomes in Patients with Advanced Lung Cancer: A Test of Hope Theory , Kelly A. Hyland
Decisions and How Doctors Make Them: Modeling Multilevel Decision-Making within Diagnostic Medicine , Michelle S. Kaplan
Cultural Values as a Moderator of the Emotion Suppression to Strain Relationship: A Comparison of Two Dominant Theoretical Mechanisms , Roxanne C. Lawrence
How Enduring is Global Precedence? , Jong Lee
Cool Under Fire: Psychopathic Traits and Decision-Making in Law Enforcement-Oriented Populations , Sean J. McKinley
Cognitive Ability and Ambivalence toward Alcohol: An Examination of Working Memory Capacity’s Influence on Drinking Behavior , Emily T. Noyes
The Relationship Between Parenting Stress, Attendance, and Attrition in a Group-Based Parent Management Training Program , David Rubio Jr.
Unintended Consequences? Testing the Effects of Adolescent-Targeted Anti-Vaping Media upon Adult Smokers , Leslie E. Sawyer
“Just Joking”: Women’s Cardiovascular Responses to Sexist Humor , Samantha Shepard
Negative Performance Feedback and the Self-Regulatory Benefits of Mindfulness , Jeremiah Slutsky
Examining the Potential Interactions of Expectancies and Disordered Eating Behavior , Cody B. Staples
The nature of resilience: A person-centered approach using latent profile analysis , Yuejia Teng
Evaluation of Structural Equation Modeling (SEM) Fit Indices in Distinguishing between Circumplex and Other Factor Models , Andrew J. Thurston
Comparison of Parameter Estimation Approaches for Multi-Unidimensional Pairwise Preference Tests , Naidan Tu
Theses/Dissertations from 2020 2020
The Impact of Cues on Autobiographical Memory Recall in Depression , Ena Begovic
Perfectionism, Negative Life Events, and Cognitive Appraisal: A Contextual Model of Perfectionism’s Maladaptive Nature , Ansley M. Bender
The Effect of Acute Interpersonal Racial Discrimination on Smoking Motivation and Behavior among Black Smokers , Patricia F. Calixte-Civil
Parent Coping and Sibling Relationship Quality in Pediatric Cancer: The Moderating Effects of Parental Emotion Socialization Beliefs , Esther Davila
Higher Sense of Control Predicts Long-term Well-being After Depression , Andrew R. Devendorf
Villains or Vermin? The Differential Effects of Discrimination and Dehumanization on Immigrant Cardiovascular Responses , Mona El-Hout
Alcohol Expectancy Associates as a Probe of the Motivational Processes that Lead to Drinking , Daniel C. Faraci
Features of borderline personality and related psychopathologies as a contemporaneously and temporally connected network , Haya Fatimah
Editing the Self Away: The Effects of Photo Manipulation on Perceptions of the Self , Roxanne N. Felig
Motivation Matters: The Interaction of Approach and Avoidance Alcohol Motivation and Self-Control Demands in College Drinkers , Becky K. Gius
Facilitators and Barriers to Treatment Engagement in a Behavioral Parent Training Program , Holland Hayford
Effects of Inter-Male Status Challenge and Psychopathic Traits on Sexual Aggression , Amy M. Hoffmann
If at First You Don’t Succeed...Your Coworkers Just Might Be Pleased: A Story of Workplace Schadenfreude , Kim Johnson
Motivation to Volunteer , Lendi N. Joy
Exploration of Drive for Leanness in Relation to Drives for Thinness and Muscularity, as well as their Concurrent Associations with Health-Related Outcomes , Brittany Lang
Affect and Craving: Examining the Differential Influences of Positive and Negative Affect on Inclinations to Approach and Avoid Alcohol Use , Jacob A. Levine
Threat-Induced Alterations in Cognition and Associations with Disinhibited Behavior , Julia B. McDonald
A Prospective Examination of Psychosocial Outcomes Following Gynecomastia Surgery , D. Luis Ordaz
Assessing the Impacts of Sensorimotor Stimuli and Nicotine Content on Cravings and Other Outcomes of E-Cigarette Use , Amanda M. Palmer
The Threat of Virality: Digital Outrage Combats the Spread of Opposing Ideas , Curtis Puryear
Why Are Women Leaving STEM? An Examination of Workplace Rivalry , Joseph Regina
A Fidelity-based Integration Model for Explicit and Implicit Ensemble Coding , Ke Tong
Care in Context: Constructing a Theory of Care in One Fifth Grade Classroom , Emily J. Wingate
Depression, Music Choice, and Affective Outcomes in Daily Life , Sunkyung Yoon
The Immediate Effect of a Brief Mindfulness Intervention on Attention and Acceptance , Xiaoqian Yu
Theses/Dissertations from 2019 2019
Understanding the Mechanisms Between Job Stress and Employee Sleep: A Daily Diary Study , Marijana L. Arvan
The Effects of Mortality Salience on Interest in Death (and Life) Among High Openness Individuals , Patrick Boyd
Linking Sleep and Aggression: The Role of Response Inhibition and Emotional Processing , Melanie L. Bozzay
Mapping Reward Values to Cues, Locations, and Objects: The Influence of Reward Associations on Visual Attention , Constanza de Dios
From C++ to Conscientiousness: Modeling the Psychosocial Characteristics Influencing Cybersecurity Personnel Performance , Rachel C. Dreibelbis
Personality and Process: The Role of Dyadic Homophily , Christina N. Falcon
Why Does Coaching Work? An Examination of Inputs and Process Variables in an Employee Coaching Program , Sarah E. Frick
Examining the Effect of Context on Responses to Social Interaction , Renee R. Hangartner
Women’s Orgasm Gap as a Function of Precarious Manhood , Jessica A. Jordan
Collaboration: Who, When, and Why to Work Together , Michelle S. Kaplan
Prejudice Asymmetry: The Cultural Acceptance of Sexism , Sophie Kuchynka
Linking Trait-Based Influences with Proximal, Contextually Driven Processes to Understand the Relationship Between Alcohol Use and Risk Behavior , Patrick M. Logan
Evaluating Theories of Bilingual Language Control Using Computational Models , Mark D. Lowry
Job Crafting and Individual Management of Work-Family Balance Across Family Stages , Victor S. Mancini
Phishing in Dark Waters: A Quasi-Experimental Approach with Evaluating Cyber-Security Training for End-Users , Jaclyn Martin
Identifying Employees Who Fit with Electronic Communication Styles , Britany Telford Mills
Contribution of Sleep Disruption and Physical Inactivity to Fatigue In Survivors of Allogeneic Hematopoietic Cell Transplant , Ashley M. Nelson
Disentangling the Impact of Poor Sleep from Depressive Symptoms on Emotion Regulation , Kimberly O'leary
Discrimination, Victimization, and Suicidality in the LGBTQ Population: The Role of Psychological Pain and Perceived Connectedness , Amanda L. Peterson
Conditions for Maximizing Expected Value in Repeated Choices from Experience , Andrea Y. Ranieri
Health-Promoting Behaviors and Subjective Well-Being Among High School Students , Nicholas David W. Smith
Reference Dependence in Bayesian Reasoning , Alaina N. Talboy
Theses/Dissertations from 2018 2018
Predicting Weight Loss Following Bariatric Surgery: The Impact of Stress, Depression, Social Support and Patient Gender , Erica Ahlich
Egos Gone Wild: Threat Detection and the Domains Indicative of Toxic Leadership , Matthew S. Arbogast
Anticipatory Motivation for Drinking Alcohol: An In-Vivo Study , Bryan Benitez
Development and Validation of the Exercise Appearance Motivations Scale , Leah S. Boepple
Message Received? The Relationship between Graphic Warning Labels, Message Framing, and Psychological Responses among Smokers , John B. Correa
- Email Notifications and RSS
- All Collections
- USF Faculty Publications
- Open Access Journals
- Conferences and Events
- Theses and Dissertations
- Textbooks Collection
- Psychology Department Homepage
- Rights Information
- Submit Research
Home | About | Help | My Account | Accessibility Statement | Language and Diversity Statements
DigitalCommons@University of Nebraska - Lincoln
Home > Psychology > Theses, Dissertations, and Student Research
Psychology, Department of
Theses, dissertations, and student research: department of psychology.
Constitutional Tension: The Role of Framing, Regulatory Focus, and Anticipated Emotion When Establishment and Free Exercise Norms Collide , Katherine Kimble
The Intersecting and Additive Nature of Vulnerability: Dehumanizing or Protecting? , Megan Berry-Cohen
Cognitive Effects of Alcohol Use and Sleep Disruption in College Students , Taylor English
Approaches for and Barriers to the Long-Term Execution of a Recovery-Oriented Rehabilitation Model of Treatment in a Community Day Psychiatric Rehabilitation Setting , Sarah Fischer
Victim or Offender? The Response to Sexually Exploited Minors , Taylor Petty
Targeted Violence on Campus: A Comparison of Exposure and Response to Bias and Otherwise Motivated Potential Pre-Incident Behavior on a College Campus , Kyle Siddoway
Individual Differences in Social Responsiveness, Social Experiences, and Oxytocin System Genetic Variation in Depression Symptom Severity , Grace Sullivan
Alcohol Use and History of Traumatic Brain Injury in College Students: An Analysis of Neuropsychological and Behavioral Factors , Jessie Tibbs
Symptom Presentation of Sexually Abused Youth: Associations with Abuse Attributions , Brittany Biles
Long-Term Behavioral Health Care Unbundled: The Impact of Comorbidity and Aggression on Caregiver Strain and Service Costs for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities , Kristine Tevis
Creating a “Good” Olmstead Plan for People with Serious Mental Illness: An Empirical Evaluation of the Legal Frameworks , Andrea Avila
Neurophysiological Alterations Following Concussion: Controlling for the Injury Factor , Caitlin Masterson
Factors Associated with Return to a Child Advocacy Center for a Subsequent Sexual Abuse Allegation: A Longitudinal Analysis , Jessica Pogue
The Objectification Equation: How Objectifying Experiences Add Up to Subtract Women and Girls From Pursuing STEM , Abigail Rose Riemer
Increasing Students’ and New Professionals’ Knowledge of Child Sexual Abuse Outcomes: An Evaluation of an Online Intervention , Kate Theimer
Predictors of Return to Work after Multidisciplinary Rehabilitation Evaluation for Prolonged Post-Concussion Symptoms , Michelle C. Capozzoli
Aging and Biases in Spatial Memory: A Dynamic Field Approach , Gregory J. DeGirolamo
PTSD and Dysfunctional Parenting: Emotional and Biological Mechanisms , Molly Franz
The Wounded Warrior: Resilience Factors Minimizing Suicide Risk in Veterans with Posttraumatic Stress Disorder , Christina Hein
How Can Teens Be Reasonable? Reasonable Expectations of Privacy in the Digital Age , Lori A. Hoetger
The Role of Visual and Verbal Processes in False Memory Susceptibility on the Misinformation Effect , John E. Kiat
CROSS-CUTTING MECHANISMS THAT CONTRIBUTE TO DEVELOPING ANXIETY-RELATED ALCOHOL USE PROBLEMS AMONG COLLEGE STUDENTS , Vincenzo Roma
The Development of Case Conceptualization Ability in Clinical Psychology Graduate Students , Grant Shulman
The Influence of Father and Mother Involvement on Adolescent Internalizing and Externalizing Symptoms , Chelsie D. Temmen
A Multifactorial Model of Threat Assessment Activity Applied to Educational Settings , Maria Rosa Viñas-Racionero
Weapon-involved Violence and Mental Illness: An Empirical Examination of the Policy Assumptions for Firearm and Other Dangerous Weapon Prohibitions , Heath J. Hodges
Effects of Peritraumatic Alcohol Intoxication on Intrusive Memories Following Exposure to an Analog Trauma , Anna E. Jaffe
N400, P600, and Late Sustained Frontal Positivity Event-Related Brain Potentials Reflect Distinct Psycholinguistic Processes During the Comprehension of Contextually Ambiguous Narrative Discourses: Implications for the Neural Organization of the Language Processing System , Patrick S. Ledwidge
Just here for moral support: A path analysis of depression and social support networks , Jordan E. Marshall
Early Head Start Home Visitor's Identification of Risk for Maltreatment , Alayna Schreier
Subjective Expected Utility and Sexual Coercive Behaviors: Examining the Role of Decision Processes, Alcohol Consumption, and Rape-Supportive Attitudes among College Males , Antover P. Tuliao
The Contribution of a Polygenic Risk Score to Individual Differences in Aggressive Behavior: The Moderating and Mediating Roles of Stressful Events , Christa C. Christ
Decision Making Theories of Retaliation , Katlyn S. Farnum
Sleep, Executive Control, and Psychopathology in Children: A Longitudinal Study and an Examination of Brief Sleep Treatment , Katherine M. Kidwell
Tired, Hungry, and Grumpy: Understanding the Direct and Indirect Relationships among Child Temperament, Sleep Problems, Feeding Styles, and Weight Outcomes , Alyssa Lundahl
Global/local processing in incidental perception of hierarchical structure , Mark S. Mills
Defining Dimensions In Schizotypy: Factor Structure Replication And External Validation Of The Schizotypal Personality Questionnaire – Brief Revised Updated (SPQ-BRU). , Elaina Montague
Predicting Sexual Revictimization in Childhood and Adolescence: A Prospective Examination Using Ecological Systems Theory , Samantha L. Pittenger
Examination of Methamphetamine Reinstatement in Female and Male Rats: A Pre-Clinical Model of Relapse , Steven T. Pittenger
Premature Termination of Outpatient Psychotherapy: Predictors, Reasons, and Outcomes , Kristin N. Anderson
Sexual Minority Stigma and System Justification Theory: How Changing the Status Quo Impacts Marriage and Housing Equality , Jordan A. Blenner
DOUBLE DISSOCIATION OF THE ANTERIOR AND POSTERIOR DORSOMEDIAL CAUDATE-PUTAMEN IN THE ACQUISITION AND EXPRESSION OF ASSOCIATIVE LEARNING WITH THE NICOTINE STIMULUS , Sergios Charntikov
Self-Protective Behaviors and Campus Threat Assessment , Sarah Hoff
Exposure and responses to pre-incident behavior in a college student sample , Brandon A. Hollister
Escalating risk and the moderating effect of resistance to peer influence on the P200 and feedback-related negativity , John Kiat, Elizabeth Straley, and Jacob Cheadle
A Comparison Between Telehealth and Face-to-Face Brief Alcohol Interventions for College Students , Sarah Christine King
Construction of an Anti-Mexican American Bias Scale and Its Validation , Leslie N. Martinez
Avoidance as an Explanatory Mechanism for Poor Outcomes in Treatment for Substance Use Disorders , Andrew Oakland
Parenting Young Children in Contemporary Chinese Society: A Mixed Methods Study , Lixin Ren
Stress and Eyewitness Memory: Timing of Stressor and Association with Cortisol Stress Responding , Timothy Ryan Robicheaux
Mixed-Effects Location-Scale Models for Conditionally Normally Distributed Repeated-Measures Data , Ryan Walters
Who’s to Blame? Blame Attributions and Obesity-related Law and Policy , Lindsey E. Wylie
A Quantitative Analysis of the Value-Enhancing Effects of Nicotine, Bupropion, and Varenicline in Male and Female Rats , Scott Barrett
The Effect of Yoga Lessons on Young Children's Executive Functioning , Heidi L. Beattie
Event-Related Potential Correlates of Social and Nonsocial Cognitive Processes Related to Schizotypy , Charles A. Davidson
Procedural Due Process in Modern Problem-Solving Courts: An Application of the Asymmetric Immune Knowledge Hypothesis , Leah C. Georges
Understanding the Role of Trust in Cooperation with Natural Resources Institutions , Joseph A. Hamm
Effects of Alcohol Intoxication and Neurocognitive Processing on Intimate Partner Aggression , Rosalita C. Maldonado
Executive Control in Hispanic Children: Considering Linguistic and Sociocultural Factors , Miriam M. Martinez
The Effects of Alcohol Intoxication and Cognitive Emotion Regulation Strategies on Lab-Based Partner Aggression , Laura E. Watkins
Sex Ratios and Gender Role Perceptions , Elizabeth A. Boger
Pathways to Social Functioning via Emotion Regulation in People with Serious Mental Illness , Hayden C. Bottoms
Jurors’ Subjective Certainty and Standards of Proof: The Role of Emotion and Severity of Charge in Subjective Probability Judgment , Yimoon Choi
Peer Support for Consumers with Psychosis , Elizabeth Ann Cook
Targeted Threats: An Examination of Thematic Content and Approach Behavior Displayed by Mentally Ill and Non-Mentally Ill Contactors , Charles D. Darrow
The Role of Emotion in Environmental Decision Making , Hannah Dietrich
Depression and diabetes comorbidity: Psychotherapy treatment preferences among a predominantly Mexican sample of primary care patients with diabetes. , Maria José Herrera
Emotional, Social, and Cognitive Correlates of Stalking and Intrusive Harassment. , Allissa Marquez
Toughness Predicts Performance In College Football , Joseph B. Rigoni
Social Affiliation: A Model of Anxious Avoidance in Women , Milena Stoyanova
SEXUAL VICTIMIZATION HISTORY AND VISUAL ATTENTIONAL BIAS FOR EMOTIONAL PICTURES IN COLLEGE WOMEN , Renu A. Thomas
Feedback-Related Negativity, Decision-Making, and College Binge Drinking , Laura C. Wahlstrom
THE REMINISCENCE EFFECT IN AUTOBIOGRAPHICAL MEMORY AND TESTS OF ITS PROMINENT ACCOUNTS , Justin T. Coleman
A Test of a Conceptual Model of Sexual Self-Concept and its Relation to Other Dimensions of Sexuality , Arielle R. Deutsch
The Role of Engagement Across Conceptually Distinct Treatment Elements for Social Anxiety Disorder , Timothy M. Emge
Psychotherapy Clients’ Online Behavior and Opinions Regarding Internet Searches Conducted by Therapists , Emily B. Gale
Motivation & Loss Aversion in the Health Savings Account Paradigm , Michael Holtje
LATINO ADOLESCENT ADJUSTMENT: AN EXAMINATION OF CULTURAL VALUES , Maria I. Iturbide
MAKING A LARGE CLASS FEEL SMALL USING SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY: INTRODUCING TEAMS TO IMPROVE PERFORMANCE AND LEARNING IN A LARGE-ENROLLMENT COURSE , Bethany Johnson
Dimensions of Individuals' Judgements about Sexual Attraction, Romantic Attachment, and Sexual Orientation , Luis F. Morales Knight
Love Means Never Having to Say You're Sorry, But What About Malpractice? A Look at Verbal and Nonverbal Factors Affecting Perceptions of Apologies in a Medical Malpractice Case , Sarah Thimsen
Adolescent Decision Making and Risk Behavior: A Neurobiological Approach , Jennifer M. Wolff
The Development of Future Orientation: Underpinnings and Related Constructs , Sarah J. Beal
Juror Perceptions of Juveniles Transferred to Criminal Court: The Role of Generic Prejudice and Emotion in Determinations of Guilt , Megan Beringer Jones
Adapting an Evidence-Based Intervention to Improve Social and Behavioral Competence in Head Start Children: Evaluating the Effectiveness of Teacher-Child Interaction Training , Christopher Campbell
When knowing just isn't enough: Examining the role of moral emotions in health decision making using the Theory of Planned Behavior , Kate Duangdao
Reassessing the Architecture of the Health Beliefs Models in Low-Income Diverse Families , Krista B. Highland
Why Confronting Sexism Works: Applying Persuasion Theories to Confronting Sexism , Amy Hillard
Child/Adolescent Sexual Abuse and Alcohol: Proposed Pathways to Problematic Drinking in College via PTSD Symptoms, Emotion Dysregulation, and Dissociative Tendencies , Alicia K. Klanecky
Policy and practice: an analysis of the implementation of supported employment in Nebraska , Heng-Hsian N. Liu
Interpersonal Aggression Perpetration: Static and Emotion Regulation Risk Factors , Jill Panuzio
The Recovery of Cognitive and Social Cognitive Functioning in Response to Social Cognition Interaction Training Administered in Community Settings: A Longitudinal Study , Lena Reddy
Examining Physiological, Physical, and Cognitive Changes Over a Thirteen Week Training Program , Vanessa L. Roof
Visual Attention and Social Anxiety: Oculomotor Behavior when Threatened , Jacqueline S. Singh
Exploratory Analyses Of A Developmental Conceptualization of Insight And Treatment Outcomes Of Individuals With Serious Mental Illness in Psychiatric Rehabilitation , Ashley R. Wynne
Predicting Problematic Approach Behavior Toward Politicians: Exploring the Potential Contributions of Control Theory , Douglas Owen Cacialli
Is Everyone Rated Equal? An Examination of Factors Related to Sexual Risk in Ethnically Diverse Male Adolescents Who Have Sexually Offended , Veronica Chavez
THE INFLUENCE OF CHILDHOOD ABUSE ON LONGITUDINAL COURSE OF RECOVERY IN PSYCHIATRIC REHABILITATION , Kee-Hong Choi
The Instructional and Emotional Quality of Parent-Child Book Reading and Early Head Start Children’s Learning Outcomes , Keely D. Cline
- Notify me via email or RSS
- How to Cite Items From This Repository
- Copyright Information
- Guide to Submitting
- Submit your paper or article
- Psychology Website
Home | About | FAQ | My Account | Accessibility Statement
Psychology Dissertation Topics
A psychology dissertation needs to contribute original knowledge to the discipline. Normally, this is based on previous, well-documented research and should demonstrate a good understanding of the issues concerned. In particular, a good psychology dissertation requires a sound rationale, such as that of addressing a gap in the research literature. The dissertation usually has to follow a specific standardised format, and involves attempting to support or confirm a hypothesis based on the investigator’s individual insights and prior research in the field. However, qualitative psychology dissertations attempt to explore and answer a specific research question rather than confirming a hypothesis. Research aims and procedures need to be clearly stated and follow a standard format. The title should be succinct and accurately reflect the substance of the dissertation. It is also essential that research cited is linked together logically, in a way that is consistent with the research aim. Perhaps most importantly, there needs to be critical analysis of past research to highlight the need for the dissertation, but also critical evaluation of the study conducted for the dissertation itself. The conclusion needs to summarise the main arguments in relation to the claims, and presented in a way that indicates whether the initial hypothesis is supported or rejected. Alternatively, for qualitative research, the discussion and conclusion need to discuss whether the research question has been fully explored. If you are looking to complete a psychology dissertation, here are some ideas of topics that you could research:
- Cognitive Psychology dissertation topics
- Developmental Psychology dissertation topics
- Social Psychology dissertation topics
- Evolutionary Psychology dissertation topics
Abnormal Psychology dissertation topics
- The Psychology of Personality dissertation topics
- Additional Psychology dissertation Topics
Cognitive Psychology Dissertation Topics
Cognitive psychology investigates the way the human brain represents information. It seeks to explore the underlying processes involved through experimentation, computer modelling and neuropsychology. Theories attempt to understand how information is encoded in the brain at macro and micro levels. This is a vast subject and there are many topics to choose from. If you are looking to base your dissertation on the area of cognitive psychology, below are just some psychology dissertation topics that could be researched further:
- The contribution of expectations, attention and emotional states to the perception of pain.
- The extent to which objective methods of measurement can support theoretical approaches to consciousness.
- Limitations of the modular view of the brain: The importance of feedback and cross-modulation in information processing.
- Are indirect and direct theories of perception incompatible or can recent enactive accounts potentially lead to a compromise?
- Assessing the development of implicit intergroup cognition in relation to in-groups and out-groups: social learning or pre-specified?
- How studies of bilingualism and trilingualism in infants can indicate the degree of interaction between representational systems encoding for different languages in the brain.
- The usefulness of the concept of ” grandmother cells ” for understanding the selectivity of neurons to high-level information processing, such as during facial recognition.
- The relationship between impaired social cognition, emotion and anxiety disorders.
- The role of implicit visual processing in the identification of objects: neural mechanisms and pathways.
- Changes in neural processing in response to event segmentation: separating cause and effect in boundary recognition.
- The sum of its parts? Consciousness is best explained as an output of implicit processes: implications for understanding intentionality.
- Of all the areas of the cortex, the prefrontal area is paramount in demarcating what makes humans human.
- The function of the prefrontal cortex can only be understood properly by considering how it relates to other areas of the brain.
- Rather than being related to specific areas of the brain, language is best explained as a function of multiple overlapping neural circuits existing throughout the cortex.
- Neural network theories might be able to account for some lower order functions of the brain but are unable to explain the representations that occur at higher areas: does the evidence reflect this?
- As information flows from earlier sensory-specific areas to higher regions of the brain, representations become more integrated: consequences and implications.
- Contribution of the cerebellum in relation to the higher functions of the cortex.
- Limits to the plasticity of the adult human brain.
- Are MRI studies a reliable indicator of brain function?
- The claim that the right and left brain hemispheres have different processing styles is fundamental to understanding how the brain functions.
- Parallel distributed processing is unable to provide an explanation for the higher functioning aspects of the human brain.
- Baddeley’s model of working memory compared to contemporary alternative theories.
- Working memory can best be explained as a function of long-term memory.
- Evidence for the role of the hippocampus in memory formation and consolidation: application of evidence to neurodegenerative disorders like dementia.
- The relationship between working memory and attention: bias in visual working memory and attention.
- The role of the prefrontal cortex in short-term memory.
- How emotional memory relates to episodic memory.
- Attention depends on the progressive activation of forward areas of the brain.
- Attention is better interpreted as a multivariate rather than a uni-modal concept.
- View-dependent theories of vision are more successful in accounting for natural perception than view-independent theories.
- Computer models of how perception occurs can lead to a misunderstanding of how the mechanisms of perception actually operate.
- How visual illusions help understand perceptual processes.
- Assessing the validity of Gibson’s theory of direct perception compared to constructivist accounts and more recent cognitive theories.
- Why does the sense of time vary according to circumstances?
- Is memory for past events partially influenced by the situation or context in which recall takes place?
- Effective cognition is about selecting appropriate information at the right time in the correct order.
- Does subliminal perception exist or is it part of a more complex phenomenon?
- Hierarchical explanations of information flow and parallel distributed processing.
- Can fMRI measures be used to accurately identify and distinguish deceptive information from guilty knowledge?
- The reliability, validity, and usefulness of research findings from cognitive psychology applied to real-life behaviour and cognition.
- The Network Neuroscience Theory: is general intelligence in humans a consequence of individual differences in neural network structure and architecture?
Developmental Psychology Dissertation Topics
Developmental psychology investigates how children’s behaviour changes over time, by studying experience and behaviour. Change is, for example, studied in a variety of areas including language, intelligence and motor skills. Theories of development propose a number of models to account for how change occurs, and gives pre-eminence either to experience or more enduring criteria. Some approaches take a mid-way position, however, by proposing an interaction between the two. Developmental psychology is an interesting area and relevant to many people, including doctors, teachers and parents. A psychology dissertation on developmental psychology may indeed be useful and well read.
- Are abilities unconnected with numeracy of children with dyscalculia affected by the condition or are they relatively independent?
- The role of face stimuli in assessing the development of the human ventral pathway from infancy to adulthood.
- The extent and role of plasticity in shaping visual cognitive development.
- Explaining change during cognitive development: one type of learning mechanism or diverse learning paradigms for different problems?
- Assessing whether intrinsic factors or the quality of interaction between human caregivers and children lead to successful learning outcomes.
- The extent to which understanding the mechanisms of neural development can be informative as to how early cognition occurs.
- Explaining how evidence for increasing integration of systems during the course of development can be assimilated with the increasing dissociation of structures.
- The development of conversational understanding as a domain-general improvement in processing speed and working-memory capacity in cognitive effort.
- The influence of culture on conversational understanding, where children do not normally communicate with adults.
- Scale errors and action planning in children: Assessing the implications of DeLoache’s findings for understanding the “what/where” pathways in the human brain.
- Developmental cognitive neuroscience’s significance for the early detection and treatment of developmental disorders.
- Is Piaget’s theory of cognitive development still a valid theory in the light of modern findings in cognitive neuroscience?
- How young children learn and thrive when their childhood is shaped by positive, secure relationships with knowledgeable adults, who are able to support their child’s learning and development.
- How the notion of plasticity in child development can account for the child’s ability to change in response to negative or positive life experiences.
- The acquirement of culture and biological growth is essential for child development.
Social Psychology Dissertation Topics
Social psychology involves studying how individuals in groups interact. This is achieved through investigating how individual behaviour is influenced by others. Immediate social interactions comprise the main focus of concern in which such behaviours as social influence, attitudes and non-verbal communication etc., may be studied in controlled situations, particularly that of traditional laboratory experiments, but also field experiments. Nevertheless, there is a growing trend in social psychology towards the use of qualitative research methods, such as that of interviews or focus groups, which provide more in-depth explanations of social psychology. Below are just some suggestions for psychology dissertation topics based on social psychology:
- Factors modulating automatic priming effects in relation to social behaviour: assessing magnitude and duration.
- The influence of automatic effects of priming on complex behaviour in real-life situations.
- An overlapping neural network representing the concept of self and other: Implications for sustaining self-integrity and understanding interpersonal relations.
- Behavioural game theory: How players learn from and influence others in relation to strategic thinking, and the implications for real-life social interaction.
- Assessing the contribution of reason and emotion in moral judgment through the social intuitionist model.
- Early stable development of implicit social cognition and preference for in-groups: assessing how evaluation is assigned.
- Charting how cognitive neuroscience can inform social psychology in terms of integrating social dimensions of cognition and knowledge of neural networks and mechanisms.
- Agent-based computational models of collective behaviour: understanding group behaviour from the bottom-up.
- The early onset of non-verbal communication in infants: nature or nature?
- The Behaviour Stimulus Interaction (BSI) theory and cognitive conflict in approach/avoidance situations: The duration of the devaluation effect.
- The enduring legacy of cognitive dissonance.
Evolutionary Psychology Dissertation Topics
Evolutionary psychology seeks to explain psychological attributes through applying evolutionary theory to behaviour that is held to derive from natural selection and adaptation. In this regard, humans have inherited psychological mechanisms from their ancestors that helped solve enduring problems throughout evolutionary time. Such mechanisms are assumed to constrain the behaviour of modern-day individuals. The study of evolutionary psychology enables you to research into history of man, as well as the application of evolutionary psychology to many areas of modern day society, such as organisations. Writing a psychology dissertation in this area may prove enjoyable for the author, as well as the reader.
- Is evolutionary psychology merely a field of enquiry or a robust paradigm for investigating human behaviour?
- Investigating whether reciprocal altruism is adequate in explaining altruism in different social situations.
- Why individual traits and cognitive modules fail to explain the complexities of human social behaviour.
- Assessing the relative importance of facial symmetry, averageness and secondary sex characteristics as reliable indicators of mate choice.
- Investigating whether artificially-induced examples of evolutionary game theory can be a valid means of assessing human behaviour in the real world.
- Comparing sex differences in emotional outlook as a function of parental investment theory between principal biological carers and principal non-biological carers.
- Discriminating between phobias and anxiety states that are adaptive compared to those that are learned.
- Humans engage in social exchange behaviour using the same cognitive reasoning that enables them to engage in everything else they do.
- Are human mental abilities better described by a general learning mechanism based on language or a more dedicated mechanism?
- Human cognitive development as a proxy for understanding the evolution of the human brain.
- The executive functions of the frontal cortex are what make humans unique.
- An appraisal of Fodor’s modular account of the brain in the light of recent neuroscientific research.
- A cheater detection module: fact or fantasy?
- Ethnographic examples as a valid measure of universal human abilities.
- Sex differences in attitudes to self as a function of evolutionary constraints.
- How can evolutionary psychology explain anomalies in human decision-making?
- Evolutionary psychology on group behaviour can explain the way in which humans behave in organisations whether that behaviour is rational or irrational.
- Is Darwin’s theory of sexual selection still applicable for explaining cross-cultural activities and the human expression of emotions?
Abnormal psychology is about the scientific study of abnormal behaviour that serves to describe and explain such behaviour in order to affect positive change. Abnormal, in this context, is defined as any person that has psychological traits that deviate from the norm. Abnormal psychology is for those students who want to explore more uncommon conditions. The topics below will make it easier to research for a specific topic on which to write your psychology dissertation.
- Questioning the validity of DSM-V as a tool for categorising abnormal psychological symptoms.
- Relating subtypes with substance dependence to dissociable networks of disruption in the limbic system.
- The significance of the anterior cingulated cortex for understanding cognitive deficits in schizophrenia.
- The role of a dysfunctional amygdale and ventromedial prefrontal cortex in psychopathology.
- A study of Schizophrenia as a multi-dimensional syndrome.
- The extent to which the use of cannabis leads to deficits in working memory.
- The role of MRI studies for assessing neurobiological theories that schizophrenia is caused by abnormal fronto-temporal lobe connections.
- Can a malfunctioning mirror neuron system sufficiently account for autism or are additional explanations based on cognitive models of social behaviour required to understand the syndrome more fully?
- The probable causes of face processing deficits in Autism Spectrum Disorder: social or visual?
- Is category deficits evidence of category-specific knowledge or a more distributed system of processing?
- Why do schizophrenics tend to experience auditory rather than visual hallucinations?
- Can phobias be treated more effectively by medication, cognitive retraining therapies, behavioural techniques or psychotherapeutic approaches?
- Can the fact that some autistics display isolated talents help explain the syndrome’s cause?
- Assessing the symptoms of ADHD in adults and in children: Is there a different ADHD disorder for adults?
- How do cognitive processes in individuals with schizophrenia differ to those of an individual with typical cognitive processes?
- How, and in what ways is Intellectual development disorders (IDD) different to Autism Spectrum Disorders?
The Psychology of Personality Dissertation Topics
Personality is a set of unique features possessed by an individual that, according to a given situation, will govern their behaviour. The psychology of personality is therefore the study of the similarity and differences that exist amongst various individuals. There have been two main approaches to the study of this subject area; those that seek to formulate general characteristics that apply to many individuals and those that are more focused upon the nuances of personality traits. For psychology dissertation topics to base your dissertation on, see below:
- Evaluating whether the Health Personality Inventory can predict risk of substance misuse in adolescents.
- In relation to cognitive dissonance, to what extent do extroverts and introverts differ when involved in group discussion.
- To what extent can different forms of perfectionism predict attitudes to success and failure?
- Can the use of personality inventories accurately assess different personality traits?
- Can the identification of personality traits at a young age predict personality profiles in adults?
- Creativity as a multi-faceted propensity: identifying the crucial traits and cognitive factors.
- Drugs of choice and personality: differences between sensation seekers and the internally conflicted.
- Personality and decision making: the role of impulsivity and rational thinking.
- First impressions and the impact they have on assessing personality traits.
- Predicting individuals at risk of suicide through identification of personality traits associated with extroversion and introversion.
- Which personality inventories are the most effective in assessing personality?
- To what extent can personality change over a period of time?
- The effectiveness of using personality inventories for identifying personality disorders
- The effectiveness of the current approach used to diagnosis personality disorders
Additional Psychology Dissertation Topics
- To what extent can colour influence sporting performance?
- The influence of colour on emotion.
- How does colour and design influence time perception?
- Can language influence perception?
- Does language influence thought? The linguistic-relativity debate.
- The cross-cultural differences in number processing.
- The psychology of religion: a systematic review.
- How does religion impact mental wellbeing?
- The physical and mental impact of cannabis use in healthy adults.
- The effect of cannabis on creativity.
- Models of memory: a systematic review.
- Can learning memory techniques effectively improve academic performance?
- Can mindfulness improve mental wellbeing?
- The history of 20th century psychology movements.
- Individual personality differences and their impact on creativity.
- Creative thought: a systematic review.
- How is creativity influenced by environment?
- The psychology of happiness: a systematic review.
- Does the use of social media decrease happiness?
- To what extent does exposure to nature increase happiness?
- Can exercise improve happiness?
- The influence of exercise on wellbeing.
- The influence of exercise on cognitive functioning.
- To what extent do indoor plants increase employee productivity?
- To what extent do video games affect personal wellbeing?
- How does sleep influence personal wellbeing?
- Financial markets and the impact on the psychology of the masses.
- The role of psychology in modern day sport.
- Internet pornography: the effects on a generation of users.
- The problem of death: how we all deal with knowing the end of our story.
- The link between socio-economic status and being able to access therapy.
- To what extent can executive function become impaired by emotion?
- The use of effective therapies for psychological conditions.
Copyright © Ivory Research Co Ltd. All rights reserved. All forms of copying, distribution or reproduction are strictly prohibited and will be prosecuted to the Full Extent of Law.
You may also like
ScholarWorks at UMass Boston
Home > CLA > PSYCH > PSYCH_DISS
Clinical Psychology Dissertations Collection
This collection contains open access and campus access dissertations, made possible through Graduate Studies at the University of Massachusetts Boston. The full content of open access dissertations is available to all, although some files may have embargoes placed on them and will be made available as soon as possible. The full content of campus access dissertations is only available to those either on the UMass Boston campus or with a UMass Boston campus username and password. Click on the "Off-Campus UMass Boston Users" link on the record page to download Campus Access publications. Those not on campus and those without a UMass Boston campus username and password may gain access to this dissertation through resources like Proquest Dissertations & Theses Global or through Interlibrary Loan.
Dissertations from 2023 2023
Decomposing Relational Mechanisms of Parent Engagement in Early Intervention: An Examination of Working Alliance and Family-Centered Practices , Alison E. Chavez
Sexual Racism and Mental Health Among Asian/Asian American Sexual Minority Men , Christopher Chiu
Investigating the Sexual Consent Process for Plurisexual Individuals , Kaitlyn R. Gorman
Lost in Translation: Training Experiences and Burnout Among Bilingual Trainees in Doctoral Psychology Programs , Ingrid Hastedt
Exploring the Roles of Parent Emotional Styles and Children’s Coping Skills in the Emotional and Behavioral Sequelae of Community Violence Exposure , Juliana M. Neuspiel
Negotiating Acculturation: A Qualitative Study of Muslim American Women , Noor N. Tahirkheli
Resolution of Diagnosis Among Parents of Children Diagnosed with Autism , Deanna C. Toner
Dissertations from 2022 2022
Patterns of Emotional Processing and the Psychological Impact of Heterosexism , Kathleen M. Collins
Body Image Experiences Among Black American Sexual Minority Women , Alison E. A. Goldblatt
Examining Culturally Adapted, Values Based, Mental Health Stigma Reduction and Help-Seeking Messages for Asian Americans , Anna M. Ying
Dissertations from 2021 2021
Self-Compassion Among Roommates: An Investigation of Interpersonal Effects , Bryan Balvaneda
A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of the Effects of After-School Programs on Academic, Social, Behavioral, Mental Health, and Identity Outcomes Among Youth with Marginalized Identities , Kirsten M. Christensen
The Power of Friendships: Associations Between Friendship Quality, Satisfaction, and Well-Being for Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder , Melanie S. Feldman
Evaluating the Cultural Validity of Social Cognition in a Latinx Sample , Mayte Forte
Beyond Borders in Chronic Schizophrenia: NEO-FFM Personality Traits, Neurocognition, and Symptoms , Lauren M. Grabowski
A Longitudinal Investigation of First-Generation College Students' Mentoring Relationships during their Transition to Higher Education , Matthew A. Hagler
My Wounds Matter Too: Associations Among Distress, Emotion Regulation, Autism Symptomology, and Self-Harm Functions Among Young Adults with ASD , Sarah Levinson
Dissertations from 2020 2020
Cross-Age Peer Mentoring: A Meta-Analysis , Samantha Burton
The Experience of Misgendering Among Trans and Gender Diverse People , Hamish A. Gunn
Assessing Mental Health Provider Bias Toward Clients with Understudied Marginalized Sexual Identities and Practices , Cara Herbitter
The Effectiveness of a Mindfulness, Acceptance, Valued Action, and Flexible Coping Intervention for Race-Based Stress on Momentary Coping and Distress Symptoms , Jennifer Honculada Martinez
Dissertations from 2019 2019
Responsibility Development in Young Men in Postsecondary Settings: Construct Structure and Contextual Influences , Gabriel M. Garza Sada
A Process for Change: A Grounded Theory Investigation of Participatory Action Research as a Means for Countering Mental Illness Stigma Experienced by Transition-Aged Black Youth , Jacqueline G. Hargrove
Dismantling an Intervention Aimed at Increasing White People's Knowledge and Understanding of Racial Justice Issues , Alissa L. Hochman
The Role of Narrative Coherence and Parental Scaffolding in Buffering the Effects of Domestic Violence Exposure , Shirley Poyau
Novice Therapist Responsiveness: Description and Development , Max B. Wu
Dissertations from 2018 2018
Latino Immigrant Youth Development in Anti-Immigrant Contexts: Exploring Adaptive Cultures as Resources Promoting Competencies and Wellness , Darcy Alcantara
Treatment Engagement and Client Competence in CBT for Social Anxiety Disorder , Amber L. Calloway
“Surviving and Thriving During Stress”: Bridging the Gap with Technology, a Web-Based Acceptance-Based Behavioral Therapy Program for University Students , Elizabeth Hemenway Eustis
Diagnostic Stability of Autism Spectrum Disorder in Young Children with Diverse Backgrounds , Ivy Giserman Kiss
Examining the Moderating Role of Internalized Racism on the Relation Between Racism-Related Stress and Mental Health in Asian Americans , Danielle Godon-Decoteau
Mental Health Literacy and Stigma among Recently Returning Veterans: Cultural Correlates, Mutability, and Relations with Healthcare Utilization , Sarah Krill Williston
The Impact of Individual and Parental Confucian Attitudes on Mental Illness Stigma and Help Seeking Attitudes Among Asian Americans from Confucian Cultures , Charles M. Liu
“I Wish Katrina Wouldn’t Have Happened, But I’m Glad It Happened”: Posttraumatic Growth and Adaptive Outcomes in Low-Income Black Mothers Who Survived Hurricane Katrina , Emily E. Manove
Encouraging Toddlers with ASD to Request: An Exploration of Expectant Pausing and Engagement Strategies , Melissa P. Maye
Does Mindfulness Support Empathy? , L. G. Rollins
Exploring Perceived External Control as a Transdiagnostic Cognitive Process in Anxiety Disorders and the Investigation of a Brief Acceptance Intervention , Lauren P. Wadsworth
Mentoring as a Protective Factor for Youth with a History of Interpersonal Trauma Exposure , Elyssa Briann Weber
An Exploration of Mentoring Functions in the Context of Parental Relationships , Laura A. Yoviene Sykes
Dissertations from 2017 2017
The Challenge of Social Mobility: Habitus among Low-Income and Working-Class Students in Higher Education , J. Anna Bell
Risk, Resilience, Recovery: In Search of the Protective Factors of Mental Health , Victoria Choate Hasler
Cognitive Aspects of Children's Experience of Economic Disadvantage , Amy E. Heberle
Mothering Values of Black Student Mothers: A Grounded Theory Analysis , Sara A. Kaplan-Levy
Asian American Women Leaders' Strategies for Negotiating Intersectional Discrimination Related to Racism and Sexism , Fanny Ng
Young Children's Emotion Vocabulary and the Potential Influence on Emotion Regulation Ability , Marisa Murphy O'Boyle
Determined Wellness: The Influence of Mental Illness Models Upon Treatment Outcome Expectancies and Treatment Engagement , Francisco I. Surace
Dissertations from 2016 2016
Self-Reported Sexuality among Women with and without Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) , Hillary Hurst Bush
The Power in the Pattern: Relationships between Out-of-School Time Activity Participation Profiles and Civic Engagement in Youth , Melody Joy Blass Fisher
The Influence of Mentor-Youth Activity Profiles on School-Based Youth Mentoring Relationship Processes and Outcomes , Stella S. Kanchewa
Experiences of Trust in Longer-Lasting Formal Youth Mentoring Relationships , Michelle Levine
Exploring the Effects of Cultural Protective Factors on Infant Development and Maternal Well-Being: A Transnational Study of Brazilian Mothers and Their Infants Living In Massachusetts and Minas Gerais , Fernanda Lucchese
The Roles of Early Intervention Providers’ Cultural Competence and the Parent-Provider Working Alliance in Early Intervention Service Receipt Outcomes of Diverse Children At-Risk of Autism Spectrum Disorders , Frances D. Martinez-Pedraza
The Relationship to Internal Experiences Scale (RIES): The Development and Validation of a Self-Report Measure of Cognitive Fusion and Decentering , Shannon M. Sorenson
Evaluating the ‘Reading the Mind in the Eyes’ Test: Cultural Variations in Emotional Perception , Ashley-Ann Woodhull
Dissertations from 2015 2015
Patterns of Interaction within Parent-Child Dyads Affected by OCD and Anxiety , Catherine Kraper
Cultural Adaptation of In-Home, Community-Based Mental Health Services for Ethnic Minority Children and Families: Exploring Clinician and Family Perspectives on Effective Care , Esroruleh Tamim Mohammad
In the Face of Adversity: Valued Living and Decentering as Buffering Factors in the Relations Among Social Disadvantage, Psychological Distress, Drinking to Cope and Problem Drinking , Lucas P. K. Morgan
The Intersectionality of Racism and Sexism for Asian American Women , Shruti Mukkamala
Identifying Sensory Symptoms as a Diagnostic Indicator of Autism Spectrum Disorder , Timothy W. Soto
Individual and Dyadic Analysis of Cardiac Profiles in Response to Stress in a Longitudinal Sample of Infant-Mother Dyads , Akhila Venkatachalam Sravish
Dissertations from 2014 2014
Palestinian Refugee Family Trees of Resilience: Intergenerational Cultivation of Resistance, Return, and Perseverance, in Response to Israel State Violence and Occupation , Devin G. Atallah
The Relationship between Mental Health and Young Children's Academic Development: What We Can Learn From a National Sample of At-Risk Chilean Children , Katia M. Canenguez
Understanding the Impact of Violence on Early Language , Danielle Forbes
The Psychological and Social Processes through which Internalized Heterosexism Influences Psychological Distress in Sexual Minorities , Julia A. Puckett
Black Beauty, White Standards: Impacts on Black Women and Resources for Resistance and Resilience , Speshal T. Walker
Dissertations from 2013 2013
Experiences of Latina First Generation College Students: Exploring Resources Supporting the Balancing of Academic Pursuits and Family Life , Hercilia B. Corona-Ordoñez
Linking Universal Developmental/Behavioral Health Screening and On-Site Mental Health Consultation: Examining Gaps in Service Delivery , Leandra Godoy
Racism and Anxiety in a Black American Sample: The Role of Mediators and a Brief Mindfulness Manipulation , Jessica Rose Graham
The Impact of Emotion Regulation and Interpersonal Problems on Behavioral Dysregulation in a College Student Sample: An Investigation of the Mediating Role of Mentalizing , Kelly Graling
The Role of Caregiver Insight in Young Children's Violence Exposure: Testing a Relational Model of Risk and Resilience , Sarah A. O. Gray
Understanding Ethnic-Racial Socialization and Cognition among Multiracial Youth: A Mixed Methods Study , Susan A. Lambe Sarinana
Targeted Prevention of Childhood Anxiety: Engaging Parents in an Underserved Community , Nicholas D. Mian
Maternal Self-Efficacy and Perceived Stigma Among Mothers of Children with ASD, ADHD, and Typically Developing Children , Sara D. Rosenblum-Fishman
Youth Initiated Mentoring: Investigating a New Approach to Working with Vulnerable Adolescents , Sarah E. O. Schwartz
The Influences of Social Identities and Resource Competition on Blacks' and Asians' Social Distance: A Virtual World Method , John Tawa
Dissertations from 2012 2012
Latino Immigrants' Responses to Immigration Policy and Enforcement: Strengths and Resources Promoting Empowerment and Wellness in an Urban Setting , Celeste Atallah-Gutiérrez
Measuring Exposure in Natural Disaster: A Meta-Analysis, an Integrative Data Analysis, and a Multi-Wave Longitudinal Study of Hurricane Katrina Survivors , Christian S. Chan
The Role of Difficulties in Emotion Regulation in the Relationship between Experiences of Trauma , Kathleen Sullivan Kalill
Objectification Theory and Sexual Health among Women , Kara Lustig
Bereavement among Urban University Students: The Role of Meaning Making in Adjustment to Loss , Rebecca L. Norris-Bell
The Impact of Mindfulness on Exposure and Extinction Processes in Social Anxiety , Michael Treanor
The Role of Men's Friendships in Psychological Distress, Fear of Emotions, and Adherence to Masculine Role Norms , Liza Zwiebach
Dissertations from 2011 2011
Exploring Predictors of Well-Being after Exposure to Inter-Caregiver Aggression in Childhood: Examining the Role of Emotional Support and Emotional and Cognitive Processing , Cara Fuchs
The Social Negotiation of Ambiguous In-Between Stigmatized Identities: Investigating Identity Processes in Multiracial and Bisexual People , Vali Dagmar Kahn
Trajectories of Psychological Distress among Low-Income, Female Survivors of Hurricane Katrina , Sarah Ryan Lowe
The Ecology of Cognitive Training and Aging , Anya Potter
Expanding a Model of Female Heterosexual Coercion: Are Sexually Coercive Women Hyperfeminine? , Elizabeth Anne Schatzel-Murphy
Developing an Anti-Racist Stance: How White Youth Understand Structural Racism , Catharine R. Thomann
Functioning in the Face of Racism and its Uncertainties: The Potential Buffering Role of Values Clarification and Values Consistency in a Black American Sample , Lindsey Michelle West
The Expression of Nonviolence in Communication and its Relation to Physical and Mental Health: Development and Validation of a Coding System for Measuring the Expression of Nonviolence in Communication between Intimate Partners in Conflict Situations , Lissa Brett Young
Dissertations from 2010 2010
Understanding Revictimization: The Impact of Emotion Suppression, Acceptance, and PTSD Symptomatology on Risk Detection Abilities in Sexual Assault Survivors , Heidi M. Barrett-Model
Adopted Korean Women: Influences of Becoming a Biological Mother on Racial & Ethnic Identities and Cultural Orientations , Stephanie Carole Day
Psychosis-Proneness, Mindfulness, and Positive Emotional Experience: Examining Correlational and Causal Relationships , Shannon Marie Erisman
Unattainable Beauty: An Analysis of the Role of Body Shame and Self-Objectification in Hopelessness Depression among College-Age Women , Meredith A. Evans
Neuropsychological and Personality Predictors of Competence to Stand Trial: A Social Cognitive Perspective , Kristy L. Klein
Coping with Acquired Brain Injury through an Asian American Lens: Interrelationships between Collectivistic Coping and Psychosocial Outcomes , Patricia Happy Lee
Couples' Joint Activity and Perceived Relationship Quality: Exploring the Comparative Effects of Joint Community Service vs. Play , Michael J. D. Rollock
Dissertations from 2000 2000
Alternative Medicine and Mental Health: A Clinical Trial of Homeopathic Treatment for Depression , Fabiana G. Wallis
Dissertations from 1999 1999
Shame, Anger, and Perpetration Outcomes in Male Survivors of Childhood Abuse , Adam C. Conklin
Dissertations from 1995 1995
Perceptions of Emotional Autonomy, Teenage Pregnancy, and Mother-Daughter Relationships among African American Mothers and Daughters , Michelle Deaneen Owens
- Notify me via email or RSS
- About ScholarWorks
- Psychology Department
Home | About | FAQ | My Account | Accessibility Statement
Theses and Dissertations (Psychology)
- UnisaIR Home
- College of Human Sciences
- School of Social Sciences
- Department of Psychology
- By Issue Date
Search within this collection:
- : Adolescent mental health literacy, coping strategies and perceptions of resources to mitigate psychosocial challenges in the Western Cape. Scher, Michelle I. ( 2023-01-30 ) Adolescent mental illness contributes significantly to both the global and South African burden of mental health. The aim of this study was to explore adolescent mental health literacy, coping strategies and their ...
- Contextualising emotional intelligence Van Rensburg, Anna Susanna Jansen ( 2023-06-30 ) Rated among the top ten most desirable skills, emotional intelligence (EI) forms an integral part of our intellectual makeup. EI is complex, broad, integrated and requires conscious focus. Developing EI skills is beneficial ...
- Lecturers' psychosocial experience of change in higher education in South Africa Van Vuuren, Nicolene ( 2022-12 ) The global higher education landscape is rapidly changing as it re-organises itself to keep up with the demands and challenges of the 21st century. The corporatisation of higher education institutions, the emergence ...
- Treating paedophilic disorder and paedophilic ideation : current interventions among psychologists in South Africa Pienaar, Calvin James ( 2023-05-09 ) The study was motivated by the need to understand paedophilic disorder and paedophilic ideation as these are highly stigmatised, directly impacting treatment. It is ethical and pragmatic to support those suffering from ...
- The effect of psychosocial factors on the academic persistence of undergraduate university students Mtshweni, Vivian Bongani ( 2022-03-30 ) The high dropout rate of undergraduate students in institutions of higher learning continues to be a concern for the higher education sector globally. Although university dropout has been studied over the years, little ...
- Work-related violence: experiences of shopping centre security guards Simelane, Fana Zacharia ( 2023-01-31 ) This study aimed to investigate the construct of work-related violence experienced by security guards employed at a shopping centre in Gauteng. The objectives of the study were: to identify the nature of the psychological ...
- Investigating work-related stress among VIP protection officers in Kimberley, Northern Cape Province Mokae, Kelesitse Reggie ( 2023-01-31 ) Work-related stress refers how people respond when presented with work demands and pressures that are not matched to their abilities, and this determines how they cope. There are many causes of work-related stress, and ...
- Ground state properties of a weakly-bound three-body halo system Vilakazi, Happy Lerato ( 2023-01 ) In this dissertation, we investigate the role of the nucleon-nucleon (nn) and threebody interactions on the ground-state structure of the 22C! 20C + n + n borromean system. We start by outlining the theoretical formulation ...
- An interpretative phenomenological analysis of the perceived contribution of artmaking to subjective wellbeing Roets, Shelley Cochrane ( 2023-01-27 ) The focus of this study is to describe the perceived contribution of artmaking to subjective wellbeing with the aim of answering the research question: What is the perceived contribution of artmaking to subjective wellbeing? ...
- Relationship between student and supervisor fit, and ‘time to completion’ in masters and doctoral programmes Van Vuuren, Hermanus Hendrik Janse ( 2022 ) The higher education sector has become increasingly concerned with the efficient use of public resources, as well as improving the research capacity within the country to grow the knowledge economy. As such, there has been ...
- An exploration of how emotional intelligence abilities are utilised by successful students in tertiary education Kromoser, Kim ( 2023-01 ) Low student success, throughput rates, and high attrition are major concerns in the South African higher education system. Emotional intelligence (EI) has been linked positively to academic performance, behaviours, and ...
- Imagining race and identity in the reading and writing of Caribbean literature: a decolonial psychological perspective Levy-Seedat, Alicia ( 2022-10 ) Claiming fictional literature as a site of resistance to coloniality, this study has two aims. I consider critically the manifestations of (de)coloniality and decolonising psychological work evident in selected Caribbean ...
- Exploring the social reintegration experiences of former female offenders who committed fraud: A case of Tshwane Metropolitan Municipality Moabelo, Gladys ( 2022-11 ) Most female offender studies focus on the causes of economic crimes and the experience of female offenders during their incarceration. This has resulted in a literature gap regarding female offenders and their experiences ...
- Investigating how art therapy delivered through e-therapy influences the resilience in adolescents experiencing high psychological stress Saunders, Marna ( 2022-11 ) The purpose of this study was to investigate how art therapy delivered through e- therapy can influence the resilience of adolescents experiencing high levels of psychological stress. The use of technology has permeated ...
- An interpretative phenomenological analysis of the lived experiences of family members caring for dementia patients Ryan, Leanda Janice ( 2023-01-30 ) Dementia affects an estimated 55 million people globally. The dearth of dementia care facilities and the costs associated with them mean more families are having to shoulder the responsibilities of caring for family members ...
- The lived experiences of offenders enrolled in an ODeL university : a career counselling perspective in Johannesburg Correctional Centre Mabowa, Mamashu Gleda ( 2023-01 ) Career counselling is the cornerstone of every person embarking on their career journey. While career counselling is still finding its roots in society, it became imperative for me to extend the need for these services at ...
- Lived experiences of gay men in their achievement of leadership in South African organisations Wolson, Shane ( 2023-01 ) There is a noticeable absence of the voices of gay men in leadership in South African government and corporate organisations. This absence of visible gay male leadership in organisations in South Africa, coupled with ...
- Your freedom to choose is important to me, isn't it? Lejakane, Maleshoane Eugenia ( 2022-11 ) Being socially mindful is important for constructing and maintaining social relationships and social interactions. Social mindfulness, which requires an acknowledgement of another person’s interests and needs, is reduced ...
- Effects of psychological determinants on pro-environmental behaviour: a study conducted with university students in Ethiopia Eshetu, Alemu Jilcha ( 2022-02 ) The overall aim of the present research was to investigate the psychological and social factors underpinning pro-environmental behaviour assessed as reduction of electricity use and disposal of waste materials in the context ...
- Caregiving for adults who suffered severe traumatic brain injury (sTBI) : towards a psychological explanatory model Sodi, Edzisani Egnes ( 2023-02-01 ) Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is presented in literature as one of the major public health and socioeconomic problems that often results in disability and death. Literature further shows that families of individuals who ...
All of unisair.
- Communities & Collections
- Silinda, Fortunate Tintswalo (3)
- Themistocleous, Nicola (3)
- Van Rensburg, Madri Stephani Jansen (3)
- Boon, Christine (2)
- Bulwer, Miranda (2)
- Carruthers, Angeline (2)
- Cosser, Catherine Phyllis (2)
- Engelbrecht, Gerhardina Cornelia (2)
- Filippa, Olga Maddalena (2)
- Fynn, Angelo (2)
- ... View More
- Qualitative research (65)
- Social constructionism (60)
- South Africa (37)
- Postmodernism (33)
- Resilience (27)
- Constructivism (24)
- Constructivism (Psychology) (22)
- Emotional intelligence (22)
- Hermeneutics (22)
- Phenomenology (20)
- 2020 - 2023 (99)
- 2010 - 2019 (309)
- 2000 - 2009 (182)
- 1992 - 1999 (104)
- View Usage Statistics