- Check Your Text
For large texts, please install the app first
To enable large texts, please confirm
To check your text, copy and paste or write directly into the online editor above.
To make sure your sentences are clear and your word choice is perfect, double-check your text.
Yes. This tool checks not only grammar, but also spelling, punctuation, word choice, and even style.
Anyone who writes in English: students, learners, professionals, teachers, and even proofreaders. Yes, even native English speakers make mistakes from time to time.
- Online Editor
© 2023 GrammarCheck
Grammar Checker & Rephraser
Check spelling, grammar and style for english texts, refine your style with our paraphrasing tool, check your grammar, spelling and punctuation in one click.
Whether you're writing an email, a presentation or an essay, your resume or a cover letter in English, don't let mistakes get in the way of your success.
Reverso detects and corrects all types of grammar and spelling mistakes: wrong verb tenses, lack of agreement between subject and verb, incorrect prepositions, confusion between words with similar spelling, typos and punctuation errors.
Rewrite and enhance any sentence with our paraphraser
Rephraser is designed to help you instantly enhance your writing, strike the right tone, or simply find inspiration. Just enter your text and our AI will suggest useful and reliable alternatives: shorter or longer, more or less formal, idiomatic or creative…
Add style and clarity to your essays, while avoiding unintentional plagiarism.
Write compelling and professional emails - avoid repetition with regular clients.
Let your ideas flow, unleash your creativity, and find inspiration anytime.
Engage your audience with impactful social media posts and emails.
Make the most out of our online grammar checker
Double-click on a word to find its synonyms.
With our all-in-one writing assistant, no need to open a new tab every time you need a synonym or definition. Simply double-click on any word and enjoy a rich variety of synonyms from our comprehensive thesaurus and precise word definitions . You can even look up English verb conjugations .
Avoid unintentional plagiarism
If you have doubts if your text resembles a lot already existing publications, Reverso is at your service to prevent plagiarism. Rephraser will reword your creation to ensure its uniqueness while preserving your line of thought.
Mix and match Rephraser suggestions
Rephraser offers a wide variety of alternatives to your text while preserving the intended meaning. Feel free to mix and match the suggestions to create the perfect combination. After all, it’s up to you to decide what tone and style best fits your needs.
Learn new ways to express yourself
Tired of using the same old statements with your regular clients? Trying to find a better way to conclude an email? Use Rephraser to revamp your vocabulary and discover new idiomatic expressions for commonly-used ideas.
Enjoy AI-based translation from and to English
Not a native English speaker? Use Reverso’s AI translator to enjoy natural-sounding and accurate translations from and to English.
With Rephraser, fix errors that grammar checkers can't detect
Grammar checkers are effective at correcting rule-based mistakes such as subject-verb agreement or wrong prepositions. This is not always enough to make your ideas shine. Use Rephraser to bring enhancements at the sentence level, making your text more fluid and pleasant to read: fix word order, reduce repetitions, replace simple words with idioms, and boost your overall style.
Free Grammar Checker
Try our other writing services
The #1 Grammar Checker
The best grammar checker to make you write like a pro!
Check your grammar for free (and without obligations)
The Scribbr grammar checker is 100% free and you don’t need to sign up.
Insert your text, improve your writing, export your text – it can’t get any easier!
One tool to correct all your mistakes
The grammar checker corrects spelling, grammar and punctuation mistakes. All fixed with 1 click.
Also corrects Spanish, French and German
Besides US and UK English, the grammar checker corrects Spanish, French and German.
More languages will be added in the future!
Correct all your writing errors
Enhance your writing with Scribbr’s free Grammar Checker. We can help you to avoid mistakes with:
- Word choice
- And more— try it yourself !
We are also happy to provide personalized help with our professional proofreading service .
Correct your grammar
Improve your writing and grammar with just one click.
The Scribbr Grammar Checker fixes grammatical errors like:
- Sentence fragments & run-on sentences
- Subject-verb agreement errors
- Issues with parallelism
Spell-check on steroids
Spelling may seem straightforward, but basic spell-checks often don’t recognize many specialist terms you might use in your writing, incorrectly marking them as mistakes.
Scribbr has a large dictionary of recognized words, so you can feel confident every word is 100% correct.
Check your punctuation
Our Grammar Checker takes away all your punctuation worries. Avoid common mistakes with:
- Dashes and hyphens
Avoid word choice errors
Should you use “affect” or “effect” ? Is it “then” or “than” ? Did you mean “there,” “their,” or “they’re” ?
Never worry about embarrassing word choice errors again. Our grammar checker will spot and correct any errors with commonly confused words .
Improve your text with one click
The Scribbr Grammar Checker allows you to accept all suggestions in your document with a single click.
Give it a try!
A Grammar Checker for all English variants
There are important differences between the versions of English used in different parts of the world, including UK and US English . Our grammar checker supports a variety of major English dialects:
- Canadian English
- Australian English
Why users love our Grammar Checker
Looking for professional editing by a real language expert, ask our team.
Want to contact us directly? No problem. We are always here for you.
- Email [email protected]
- Start live chat
- Call +1 (510) 822-8066
- WhatsApp +31 20 261 6040
Frequently asked questions
The Scribbr Grammar Checker is a tailor-made AI-powered tool that can correct basic language, grammar, style, and spelling errors. We run it so that our editors are free to focus on what they do best: making sure that your paper is free of more nuanced mistakes and providing you with helpful feedback and writing tips.
The Scribbr Grammar Checker is a pro at correcting basic mistakes – and a human editor will still be carefully reviewing your full text – so you can rest assured that your paper is in very good hands!
When you receive back a document that has been reviewed by the Scribbr Grammar Checker, you’ll see two sets of tracked changes in it: one set from the grammar checker and one set from your editor. That way, you can easily tell who made what changes in your paper.
Not sure how tracked changes work in Word or how to review your edited file? Read our handy guide to learn more.
We tested ten of the most popular free grammar checkers to see how many errors they could fix in our sample text and deducted points for any new errors introduced. We also evaluated the tools’ usability.
When compared all the other grammar checkers we tested for this comparison and Scribbr performed exceptionally well. It was successful in detecting and correcting 19 of the 20 errors. See the full review here .
If our grammar checker flags an error that is not actually an error, you have several options:
1. Ignore the error: Most grammar checkers allow users to skip or ignore suggestions they do not agree with or find irrelevant. If you are confident that the flagged “error” is not an issue, you can bypass the suggestion and move on to the next one.
2. Review the context: Take a moment to thoroughly review the context surrounding the flagged error. Sometimes, the initial correct usage might still create confusion or ambiguity within the specific context, and reconsidering the phrasing could improve overall clarity.
Yes, this grammar checker covers the following mistakes:
1. Grammar: Correction of grammatical errors such as subject-verb agreement, tense usage, and sentence structure
2. Spelling: identification and correction of spelling errors, including typos and commonly confused words.
3. Punctuation: Detection and rectification of punctuation errors, including incorrect use of commas, periods, colons, and other punctuation.
4. Word choice errors: Catch words that sound similar but aren’t, like their vs. they’re and your vs. you’re.
Yes. There’s no sign up or payment required to use the grammar checker.
Yes. The grammar checker fixes any text, no matter what the medium is.
Free Grammar Check
Use the best free grammar checker online to improve word usage, tense, and punctuation for any English text.
Enter your English text here
You've reached the limit of 2K words. To check more content, sign up and try Writer for free .
Checking your text...
Issues detected in your text will be shown here.
Get more edits for this text and all of your writing
A free grammar check to help you write better
Writer’s free grammar checker is a simple, AI-powered assistant that makes your text clear, error-free, and easy to understand. It scans your text for every type of mistake, from silly punctuation errors to nuanced grammatical mistakes, irregular verb conjugations, misspelled words, and more.
The free grammar check trusted by leading brands
Go beyond standard grammar checks
Guarantee your copy is free of common and not-so-common English grammar errors.
Eliminate punctuation and grammar errors
Em-dashes are not scary. A missing comma or typo, though, is. Nail them all with Writer.
One-click proofreading for tone and style
Writer was built for writing at work, where writing clearly and concisely is key. Communicate crisply with Writer.
Word choice and terminology
Whether you're trying to connect with your audience or follow guidelines at work, always choose the right word with Writer.
Writer's online grammar check FAQ
- Good-enough grammar and spelling checkers are built into most word processors today, whether it’s Microsoft Word’s Editor or Google’s home-grown system. Tools like Writer and Grammarly allow you to take these grammar systems with you outside of these editing tools, anywhere you write, whether you’re composing a tweet, an email or an iMessage.
- If you write for work, a complete writing AI assistant like Writer will also help you make sure you are using the right tone, writing style and terminology for your audience.
- Most grammar checkers use rules to identify English writing errors and suggest corrections. This works well when the problem isn't contextual, ie, a rule that says, anytime someone types teh they actually meant the. However, the vast majority of errors we would want to catch are contextual. There are relatively few always-true, easy rules that can be programmed. Even with an army of linguists, you just couldn’t cover all the possible English grammatical errors. There are too many ways for the English language to work, so a mostly valid rule could break in some contexts.
- That's why Writer uses techniques from artificial intelligence, such as deep learning. Deep learning systems start out with the capacity to learn, and then are trained to recognize patterns by being shown many examples. For example, we teach the Writer deep learning grammar error correction system to correct subject/verb agreement by showing it many examples of subjects and verbs. We might show it Writer's AI writing assistant helps everyone at your company write with the same style, terminology, and brand voice and tell the model that this is a good sentence. Then, we would change the verb "write" to the incorrect "writes": Writer's AI writing assistant helps everyone at your company writes with the same style, terminology, and brand voice and tell the model that this is a bad sentence. Writes should be write. We do this millions and millions of times, and the model learns. It doesn't just memorize examples, but gets a "feel" for things. And at Writer, we are very careful about the training data we feed our model, because good data helps the model generalize well.
- The ability to generalize is a real differentiator between grammar error correction systems, including Writer and Grammarly’s. Our data is the only data set built specifically for the writing that matters most — the writing that happens at work.
Like many writing assistants, Writer is a comprehensive grammar and spell checker. However, unlike most writing assistants, Writer provides some unique features for stronger, better writing:
- It works everywhere: A browser extension, Word plug-in and Google Document add-on so that you can take Writer with you everywhere you write on the web. Yes, Writer has a great web editor too, when you want a full-screen, distraction-free editing experience.
- Artificial intelligence: More content coming here from the answer above.
- Built for professional use: Writer is built for the writing we do at work. You don’t talk to your boss the way you do your best friend, and Writer understands that. You can also use Writer with a team, making it easy to share a writing style or set of preferred terminology with a group of people.
- Writing style
- Brand voice
Professional users need an AI writing assistant that provides consistently excellent corrections and suggestions everywhere they write online. Writer achieves that for professional writers by providing the following features:
- Grammar AI that understands some rules are meant to be broken: You have a style and we get that. Not all grammar rules are meant to be followed. Writer’s false-flag rate is lower than any other tool, because the underlying machine learning models are trained on data from people writing at work — not students or people just starting to learn English.
- Brand voice guidelines: Customize Writer’s voice suggestions to suit you. Are you formal, but approachable? Or friendly and casual? Make sure everything you write is aligned with your brand voice preferences.
- Customizable content styleguide: Your editorial guidelines should be your own. From date formats to punctuation use to capitalization preferences, select your own, and then share them with a team. Writer is the most customizable writing assistant available, and the choice of professional writers.
Interested in learning more about the differences between Writer and Grammarly? Check out this breakdown of the differences by an independent content strategist who analyzed both online grammar check tools for professional use.
Works everywhere you write
How do I know if my grammar is correct?
If you notice an underlined spelling mistake, grammar suggestion, or style recommendation in your text, you can click on the suggested corrections to apply them. The grammar corrector will automatically proofread the text again to make sure it’s in the best shape for sharing.
Re-teach yourself 100 grammar basics. Becoming a better writer is the best career investment you can make.
Is there a grammar checking app?
Yes! When you sign up for Writer, you’ll get access to powerful and easy-to-use tools like a plagiarism checker , styleguide builder, tone detector, and more.
Get the Chrome extension
Does it correct sentence structure?
You bet. This isn’t just a spellchecker — it’s a writing tool powered by AI. That means we’ll catch more grammar mistakes and redundancies, so your point comes across more clearly.
Who is Writer for?
Writer is great for anyone who wants to improve their writing skills. Our tools are trusted by copywriters, UX writers, marketers, product teams, bloggers, and more. Drafting an important email? Run it through Writer to catch mistakes. Putting together a marketing page for a product? Let Writer analyze it for voice and tone to make sure it's on brand and persuasive.
Take Writer with you everywhere you write.
Try the free Microsoft Editor grammar checker to improve your writing, catch mistakes, and use best practices to write like a pro.
What is a grammar checker and how do you use it?
Grammar checking is making sure you use the correct words and punctuation in your writing and that it’s clear, concise, and inclusive.
Proofread papers and reports
Check your schoolwork and catch any mistakes before turning it in so you can improve your grade.
Polish professional documents
Make sure that presentations, emails, social media posts, and print materials are error-free.
Create a compelling resume
Impress employers with a strong resume without any mistakes to distract from your qualifications.
Save time and energy
Finish and send documents sooner with peace of mind that your writing doesn’t have any typos.
Learn how to use a free online grammar checker
See how to check your grammar for clarity, conciseness, vocabulary, punctuation, formality, inclusiveness, and similarity to online sources.
Get help with grammar basics
An online grammar checker highlights issues like sentence fragments, missing words and punctuation, capitalization, and commonly confused words.
See how to write with clarity
A grammar checker identifies phrases where you can use simpler wording, switch to active voice instead of passive voice, and avoid jargon.
Keep it concise
Hold your reader’s attention by deleting unnecessary words.
Choose the right words for the situation
An online grammar checker will point out clichés, vague or unnecessary words, weak verbs, informal language, and slang you might want to avoid.
Write for every audience
Use a grammar checker to make sure your writing is free of bias and makes everyone feel represented.
Make sure your writing is original
Check your document for similarity to online sources and properly cite other people’s work.
Make your resume stand out
Check the grammar in your resume with Microsoft Editor and avoid vague words and writing in the first person.
Read more about grammar checking
Properly use grammar to be more professional in documents, email, and online.
Use Microsoft Editor in your documents, email, and online
Rules with Commas, Periods, and More
Use data to write better emails
Five ways to be more professional over email
Ready to try editor.
Improve your writing across school papers, presentations, email, and the web with Microsoft Editor.
Learn more about Microsoft Editor
Frequently asked questions, what is grammar checking.
A grammar check is a making sure your writing is grammatically correct: using active voice, being concise and specific, using punctuation correctly, making sure you use the right verb tense, and following other language rules.
What does a grammar checker do?
A grammar checker scans your writing for common errors and highlights them so you can fix them.
What are the advantages of online grammar checking?
Online grammar checking helps you make your writing the best no matter what website you’re using: LinkedIn, Gmail, Facebook, or Word or Outlook online. A grammar checker browser extension like Microsoft Editor makes it easy.
Why use grammar checking software?
Grammar checking software has many benefits. It helps you improve your language skills, makes your writing easier to understand, saves time proofreading, and catches typos and other common mistakes.
Follow Microsoft 365
Get 25% OFF to celebrate 10 years of ProWritingAid
- Features for Creative Writers
- Features for Work
- Features for Higher Education
- Features for Teachers
- Features for Non-Native Speakers
- Learn Blog Grammar Guide Community Academy FAQ
- Grammar Guide
Free Grammar Checker Online
Nothing makes you lose credibility faster than a grammar mistake. Feel confident in everything you write with ProWritingAid’s best grammar checker.
Start typing, paste, or use
Get more suggestions to enhance this text and all your future writing
Your suggestions will show once you've entered some text.
Great job! We didn't find any suggestions in your text.
Feel more confident in everything you write
Join over 2 million authors, students, and professionals improving their writing.
I am continually impressed with the positive input this program offers me every time I sit down to write. My skills have improved immensely since I bought it and heartily recommend it to anyone who wants to have more confidence in their own writing.
I’ve tried every free and paid writing/editing/grammar extension out there and this by far is the best one my team and I have found. It’s fast, accurate and really helps improve your writing beyond simple grammar suggestions.
ProWritingAid has been a resource in my writer toolkit for many years. The program helps me to craft and clarify my stories for a better reader experience. Your editor will thank you for making their job easier.
Edit Faster and Better
Learn as You Edit
Build your writing skills with in-app suggestions, videos, explanations, and quizzes.
20 In-Depth Writing Reports Go Beyond Grammar
Improve style, inconsistencies, awkward sentences, repetitiveness, and much more.
Create Your Own Style Guide and Snippets
Customize ProWritingAid to your needs by creating your own rules and reminders.
Works wherever you do
Get grammar suggestions across all the apps you use, whether they’re on desktop or online.
What Makes ProWritingAid the Best Grammar Checker Online?
Editing software is like your regular spell check, but with superpowers.
Comparison to Published Writing
Using artificial intelligence, the software has analyzed millions of published books and articles and discovered a wealth of information. Those professional writers know what they are doing and it’s a great way to learn.
The software is able to break down most sentences into their various parts and recognize if you are using a problematic grammatical structure or word choice. For example, if you use a plural noun followed by the singular form of a verb, a prompt will pop up suggesting a change.
These suggestions are based around your text on its own. Have you consistently used US English, or have you jumped between US and UK English? Have you used the same word multiple times within the same paragraph so that it sounds repetitive and strange?
Like Microsoft Word’s spell checker, the online grammar checker shows suggestions to help you make your writing more accurate, correcting your spelling mistakes and punctuation errors as you write.
What kinds of mistakes can our grammar checker highlight?
English grammar isn’t easy, but the grammar check report will help you zero in on key embarrassing mistakes.
Spelling mistakes are highlighted red in your text when using our grammar checker. If you click the word, you’ll be shown a list of suggested corrections.
Commonly Confused and Misspelled Words
Our best grammar checker has also been programmed with a list of the most commonly confused words in the English language and will use the structure of the sentence to help you figure out when you have the wrong usage.
Grammar can be a bit of a minefield, so we highlight all potential issues in blue. Perfect grammar is hard and there are so many ways to slip up.
Do you have subject—verb agreement? Did you write "it’s" when you really meant "its"? Have you accidentally written a sentence fragment?
ProWritingAid’s grammar corrector will catch errors as you write so you can make sure no grammatical mistakes slip through.
How many times have you been tripped up by comma splices? Or semi-colons? Or apostrophes? A good punctuation corrector will help you learn the ins and outs of punctuation rules.
ProWritingAid’s suggested changes will always be accompanied by an explanation to help you understand the rules so that you don’t make the same mistake next time.
What type of content should I grammar check?
You should check any text that will be read by someone else.
- cover letters
- marketing copy
- social posts
- lab reports
ProWritingAid's Grammar Check FAQs
1. should i use a punctuation checker too.
Yes! Punctuation acts like signposts in your writing. It helps your reader follow your ideas and understand your sentences. Punctuation checking is essential if you want your writing to be clean and clear.
ProWritingAid has punctuation checking built in so you can do everything in one place. The grammar report will highlight any pesky misused commas, missing apostrophes, and more.
2. Does editing software work as an essay checker for students?
Yes! Better writing means better grades.
Schools and universities around the world use editing software to help their students write better essays. Sloppy spelling and silly grammar mistakes lead to poor grades. A good spelling and grammar check means you will find errors before you hand your assignments in. Teachers love essays that are clean, clear, and polished.
3. How does ProWritingAid's grammar checker beat Grammarly's?
With 20 different writing reports, ProWritingAid offers a more detailed analysis of your sentences than other grammar checkers on the market, such as Grammarly's free online grammar checker.
Plus, ProWritingAid's premium package is cheaper and more affordable than Grammarly's.
4. Can I check for grammar mistakes in email? And on social media?
Yes! You can use our grammar checking browser extensions (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge) to check your writing on nearly every website out there, like Facebook, Twitter, and Medium, as well as on web-based email providers like Gmail and Yahoo.
Using the browser extensions, you’ll feel more confident that you are sharing error-free content every time you Tweet, share, or post.
Feel confident in everything you write
Drop us a line or let's stay in touch via :
- to see its description
- worry about
Please wait, still uploading ...
Click on "Deep Check Grammar" button fo plagiarism and advance grammar detection. Paste your own text here and click the 'Check Text' button. Click on the colored phrases for details on possible errors. or you can use this example text too see an few of of the problems that Grammar Check Tool can detecd. What do you thinks of grammar checkers? Please not that they are not perfect. Style issues get a blue marker: It's 5 P.M. in the afternoon.
Grammar Check With Proofreading
With GrammarChecker.io, you can access the ultimate grammar checker platform, equipped with over 3000 rules to help detect and correct errors in your writing. Our tool is regularly updated to ensure the highest level of professionalism and accuracy.
To use our advanced grammar checker, simply write your content in any text editor or word processor, and then paste it into the editor provided on our website. Our tool will identify and highlight all grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors, and even provide helpful suggestions for sentence structure and contextual errors.
Join the countless users who have already improved their written English with our exceptional grammar editing tool.
1. Detects 99.9% Of Grammatical Mistakes
This checker is designed in a way to find almost all of the grammar mistakes. With this instant grammar check tool, your content is Grammar Nazi foolproof!
2. Grammar Quiz
As an addon to online grammar checker, we have added loads of quiz to help you learn grammar more efficiently.
3. Check Grammar For Free
All of your errors are explained with varying suggestions. The sentence corrector helps you make the best choice for your project!
Best Free Grammar Checker and Spell Check Tool
Whether you are a content writer, blogger, editor, SEO or a student doing your homework you should be using this tool because Grammar lays the groundwork for effective communication in all languages. Whether English is your native or second language, we all make mistakes in english grammar while writing. Improper grammar can change the meaning or clarity of the sentence. If you are a blogger, you should especially look for grammatical errors in your content as Google gives preference to content that is well written. Some common grammar mistakes are with punctuation, sentence structure, spelling mistakes, subject verb agreement, tense and other basic mechanics and parts of speech. Consider it as one of your free writing and online grammar checker assistant that does the basic proofreading for you.
Use Paragraphs Checker to Make your Writing Grammatically Perfect
If you want to get rid of such situations where you get failed in writing, just use grammar check online to fix your mistakes completely.
Spell Checker and Grammar Check for Professional Writers and Editors
This artificial intelligence based online tool does not only highlight the mistakes in grammar but also fix them and rewrite into the correct grammar form.
Benefits of using the best free grammar check online:
- Once you finish writing your paper, you don’t need to go through a number of rounds of reading, correct spelling mistakes, find faults, then rewriting. It really makes your work boring as you do this process repeatedly to make your writing, error free.
- You are surely going to score better with this english corrector's help in your writing, whether you are a student or an employee or a businessman the correct grammar will always represent your ideas correctly and help your text sound more convincing towards your target audience with zero misspelled words.
- It is time-saving, gives reliable results for correcting the grammar in the blink of an eye.
- Get perfect grammar style while writing and editing content.
- Free spell check giving competition to AI based grammatical correction tools like Grammarly.
- Easily fix spelling errors and grammar mistake which MS word and other text editors cannot find.
- Increase brand value: Error free content increases brand profile authority.
How to use free grammar checker online?
Grammarchecker.io is very fast and user-friendly grammar check software. It assists you in doing correction for any piece of English writing like blog content, essay, product description by giving you suggestions for particular type of mistake. The elements of grammatical mistakes are underlined and colored automatically, so that you can find them easily.
All you need to do is to perform two simple steps, copy your text and paste it into the tool text box available on top then click on check button available below the text box and your text with correct grammar suggestions and spell suggestion will be displayed in just a few seconds.
This free Grammer checker also provides additional features of plagiarism detection . Along with perfect formatting, punctuation and tense, plagiarism checker highlights the parts to be changed that are plagiarized.
Punctuation checker has a big role in providing a sentence correct meaning, as an absence of a question mark or a comma can raise a big problem in any news article. It can leave the audience in great confusion in any work area.
#1 Grammar Checker With Latest AI Based Rules
When the individual pastes their assignment on the textbox area, there will be a red line marked under those words where the algorithm thinks there is a spelling error. The person can just left-click on those words so they can then come to know if there are any suggestions of those misspelt words.
Which word is correct: "You're" or "Your"? What distinguishes "there," "their," and "they're" from one another? When it comes to using good English grammar, there is a lot to keep in check. Fortunately, GrammarChecker.io has your back with the best free online grammar checker available! Concerning grammar, don't worry.
This website will check the punctuation of the article or the text very carefully. It will mark all the arrows where there is a need for a comma, quotes, abbreviations, and apostrophe. The individual would just have to go click the button for the punctuation fix and they would have a list of their errors based on punctuation. It is often seen that students do make some errors in terms of punctuation. This website will clear all the problems which are faced by the students. It will be a great source of reliability.
Following are the features of Free Spell Check and Grammar:
Automated spelling and grammar check, essay, paper, thesis and content check.
This tool provides users with an automated writing evaluation. There is also no need to install any software. This will be provided with a proper marking of the wrong text, misused words and punctutation. Suggestions are shown by grammar corrector when the colored text is clicked on. One should always try the free essay checker, film analysis essay checker, cover letter check-up, and IELTS essay checker. It has been reviewed by various students from different universities that the color marked feedback of their written assessments are very useful to them since they got a proper solution of their choice and feedback according to their content.
This is quite a useful tool to check the grammar of any of the essays, thesis, blog and papers. The system looks for the common punctuation errors, check grammar mistakes, false cognates, contextual spelling mistakes, and if there is any wrong usage of any word. Suggested corrections and word choice after free grammar check will be shown in the same text area where you write online. One should just scroll down to see the suggestions which will arise for each of the marks. This will just help the individuals improve in their own way of error. This has a modified language tool as well which will assure the individual that they can definitely depend on this system for their assignments. Some of the common errors that this writer helps the individual in detecting errors in cases of wrong tense usage, verbs, adjectives, double negatives, gerunds, and sometimes if there is a wrong word used. Also, this is just free version and you get a whole lot of features in the premium version known as Grammarly, which we recommend to our users.
This is a great website that will help in analyzing the vocabulary of the essay. It has an amazing tool checker and it will give good feedback which will help in increasing the value of the essay. This will be helpful to the students as well as to the academic writers when they are about to publish anything on their blog or for an academic paper. This website will aim to use less of the common and academic words. It will rather replace them with much sophisticated words.
How do I check my grammar mistakes?
How can i check if a sentence is correct online, can you check the grammar for free, which one is the best professional grammar checker, please wait....
English Grammar Checker
English Grammar Checker. Wordvice AI automatically finds and corrects errors in academic papers, SOPs, assignments, business emails, and other English writing.
- Real-time grammar and punctuation checks
- Vocabulary, tone, and style corrections suitable for English writings
- Provides easy-to-understand error descriptions
- Specialized in academic papers, business/email text corrections
Real-time grammar and typo corrections increase the accuracy of your writings.
Wordvice AI Proofreader improves your vocabulary and enhances your style through and grammar and typo checks.
Corrects awkward expressions in a natural style suitable for the document types.
Sentence-level suggestions enhance the flow of your writing, and feedback boxes provide tips to craft more natural English phrases.
Wordvice AI Proofreading supports your success.
Errors and awkward English in academic papers, business emails, resumes, and essays are fatal issues. Improve your writing through AI proofreading.
How does the Wordvice AI Proofreader compare to other free proofreading tools?
- 01 Wordvice AI Proofreader is more than just a grammar checker. It is a real-time, all-in-one text editor that suggests vocabulary corrections at the sentence level.
- 02 The more you use the AI Proofreader, the better your English writing will become. As you follow the suggestion boxes and apply the feedback, your writing skills will also improve.
- 03 Meet your own personal automated writing tutor. Prepare to receive detailed tips to help you correct and improve your grammar, spelling, and punctuation in any kind of writing.
Ready to get started?
You're just a click away from better writing with Wordvice AI Proofreader.
Get Expert Proofreading Services
Do you want more detailed and professional English proofreading and editing services? Get your scientific manuscript, academic essay, or business document edited by professional native English-speaking editors with PhDs and Master's degrees.
Grammar & Writing Tools
- AI Proofreader
- AI Paraphraser
- AI Summarizer
- AI Translator
- AI Plagiarism checker
Free Citation Tools
- APA Citation Generator
- MLA Citation Generator
- Chicago Citation Generator
- Vancouver Citation Generator
- Premium Plan
- Expert Editing Services
- Wordvice AI Blog
- Comparison Articles
- Wordvice AI for MS Word
- Terms of Service
🍪 Privacy & Transparency
Manage Settings Continue with Recommended Cookies
Grammar score: ? % (number of words: )
Summary of possible errors ( show explanations) -->, spellcheckplus.com.
Free Grammar Checker Tool Online to Make Content Writing Smooth and Easy
Best Grammar Checker online tool offered by grammarscanner.com | ✅ Get 100% accurate results and get error-free content for free.
Just Copy & Paste to detect Grammatical Errors and correct them.
How to use Grammar Corrector Tool Online
The Grammar checker tools are used in several ways. To use these tools, you can either install a browser extension or access the tool through the website. Once you have the grammar checker tool installed or open on the website, you can simply copy and paste your text into the tool, and it will identify and suggest corrections for grammar errors. We also allow you to upload a document for checking. After the tool has finished analyzing your text, you can go through the suggested corrections and choose which ones to apply. Later, you can copy the edited text to your desired place.
Copy and Paste the text or type directly that you want to check for grammar errors into the text box provided. Click on the “Check grammar” button to initiate the correction process.
The tool will automatically highlight any grammatical errors in your text and suggest corrections. Review the tool’s suggested correction for grammar and spelling errors, and make any necessary changes to your text.
Once you have made all the necessary corrections, you can copy and paste the text into your desired document or application. Alternatively, you can save the corrected text to your device or directly download it as a file.
Unlock premium features at just a regular coffee price and get awhile lot of free tools which can make your content top-notch!
Millions of users trust pro tool
What are the basic Grammar Checker Tool Rules?
Without grammar rules, sentences would be unclear and confusing, making it difficult for the reader or listener to understand the message being conveyed. Additionally, grammar rules help to create a standard for the language, allowing different people to communicate with each other effectively.
- Subject-verb agreement: The subject and verb in a sentence must agree in number (singular or plural).
- Active and passive voice: Sentences can be written in active voice, where the subject is doing the action, or in passive voice, where the subject is being acted upon.
- Tense consistency: The tense of verbs should be consistent within a sentence and throughout a piece of writing.
- Capitalization: The first word of a sentence, proper nouns and certain other words should be capitalized.
- Punctuation: Commas, periods, question marks, and other punctuation marks are used to help clarify the meaning of a sentence.
- Nouns, Verbs, Pronouns, Adjectives, Adverbs, Preposition: The basic grammar rules apply for all the 12 parts of speech in each sentence.
Our Premium Grammar Checker and Grammar Corrector Tool can help you find and rectify all the grammatical errors that you might have in your content and improve your writing to communicate efficiently with your audience!
What are the advantages of an Online Grammar Corrector Tool?
Online grammar checker tools are a convenient and cost-effective way to improve your writing and communicate effectively. It offers a wide range of features and supports multiple languages, which makes them accessible to a wide range of users.
Grammar corrector free online tool can help you identify and correct errors in your writing, making it clearer, more accurate, and more professional. It can also help you expand your vocabulary by providing suggestions for synonyms and word choice. With the use of our grammar-checking tools, you can quickly and easily check your writing for errors which can save you time and effort. It can standardize language and improve readability and understandability.
Grammar Corrector Tool can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection, which makes it easy to use them whenever you need them.
This tool can check your writing as you type, which means you can identify and correct errors as you work, rather than having to go back and proofread your work later.
Our online English grammar tool allows you to customize settings to suit your needs. For example, you can adjust the level of detail or set the tool to check for specific types of errors.
Grammar Scanner offers a wide range of features, such as spelling checking, punctuation checking, plagiarism checking, and style and vocabulary suggestions.
We can provide on-demand help and explanations for the mistakes that it’s pointing out, this way you can understand why it’s a mistake and how to correct it.
Why Choose Us for Grammar Correction Tool?
Finding an error in the content of more than 1,000 words can feel like discovering a needle in a haystack if you’ve been working on a document for a while. Our grammar correction online tool helps to spot these grammatical mistakes in just one go.
✅ 100% Free – To use our English grammar checker, you don’t have to register or pay any fees. The use of the tool is free. There are no limitations on how often you may check a document for grammar errors.
✅ Support multiple formats – In addition to simply copying and pasting, you can submit the text file from your devices to our free grammar check tool to have it checked for faults. The tool is compatible with a wide range of file types, including Doc, Docx, PDF, RTF, and TXT files.
✅ Accessible from anywhere – You can check grammar free and online from anywhere around the place through your multiple devices without any limitations.
✅ One-click Correction – The intelligent algorithms of this free grammar checker tool indicate any faults that are present in the text and provide ideas for their instant correction, so you don’t have to go through the trouble of fixing them by hand. With only one click, you may quickly replace the error with its correction.
✅ Word Selection – Our Grammer checker tool helps to improve the quality of the content by using the right phrases and terminology. A phrase checker assists you in improving content quality in addition to proofreading it by proposing better words and terminologies.
FAQs for Free Grammar Checker and Corrector Tool
Sentence correction is essential in the academic field because it ensures that the work is clear, accurate, and easy to understand. Proper grammar, punctuation and word choice are important for effective communication and can greatly impact the readability and credibility of academic writing. Additionally, sentence correction can help to prevent errors in data interpretation and ensure that ideas are presented logically and coherently. This is important in academic research and writing, as it helps to ensure that the work is reliable and can be understood by a wide audience.
Your work will be instantly proofread by our grammar correction online tool which instantly checks grammar and punctuation mistakes in your text to make sure that your content is written properly. To apply any other word recommendations or to rewrite spelling and grammar issues, click on the options that display the underlined text.
Our grammar checker tool can check several types of documents and support all kinds of document formats. Our grammar checker online can proofread –
- Website content
Anyone who wants to improve their writing skills and ensure that their text is free of grammar errors can use a grammar checker. This includes students, content writers, freelancers, professionals, business owners, bloggers, and anyone who writes regularly in English.
Manual proofreading of a document requires a lot of concentration and time to look at every word specifically. Some other disadvantages include –
- Time-consuming: Manual proofreading can take a significant amount of time, especially for longer documents. This can be a problem for those with tight deadlines or multiple projects to work on.
- Human Error: Despite our best efforts, human proofreaders can make mistakes. These mistakes can include missing errors, introducing new errors, or interpreting the text incorrectly.
- Lack of Consistency: Different proofreaders may have different preferences or styles when it comes to proofreading. This can lead to inconsistencies in the final document, which can be confusing for readers.
Practise your English grammar with clear grammar explanations and practice exercises to test your understanding. The learning materials are organised into two sections, organised by English level .
All learners, whatever their level, have questions and doubts about grammar as they're learning English. There is also a grammar reference which helps to explain the verb tenses and grammar rules in a clear and simple way.
Decide which area of grammar you need help with today and choose a grammar point to work on. When you do the interactive exercises, you can see how well you've done. By revising and practising your grammar you will increase your confidence in English and improve your language level.
Practising little and often is the best way to improve your grammar, so come back tomorrow to choose another grammar point to work on. Good luck!
Choose a section
English grammar reference
Learn to use grammar correctly and confidently.
Our online English classes feature lots of useful learning materials and activities to help you improve your understanding of grammar in a safe and inclusive learning environment.
Practise using grammar with your classmates in live group classes, get grammatical support from a personal tutor in one-to-one lessons or practise grammar by yourself at your own pace with a self-study course.
Perfect english grammar.
Here are all the English grammar exercises on the site so far. Irregular Verbs:
- Irregular Past Simple, Part 1
- Irregular Past Simple, Part 2
- Irregular Past Participle, Part 1
- Irregular Past Participle, Part 2
- Present Simple Positive with 'be'
- Present Simple Negative with 'be'
- Present Simple Yes / No Questions with 'be'
- Present Simple 'Wh' Questions with 'be'
- Present Simple Mixed Exercise 1 with 'be'
- Present Simple Mixed Exercise 2 with 'be'
- Present Simple Positive 1
- Present Simple Positive 2
- Present Simple Negative 1
- Present Simple Negative 2
- Present Simple Yes / No Questions
- Present Simple 'Wh' Questions
- Present Simple Mixed Forms 1
- Present Simple Mixed Forms 2
- Present Simple Mixed Forms 3
- Present Simple Mixed Forms Be and Other Verbs
- Present Simple Spelling Changes
Present Continuous Form:
- Present Continuous Positive and Negative 1
- Present Continuous Positive and Negative 2
- Present Continuous 'Wh' and 'Yes / No' Questions 1
- Present Continuous 'Wh' and 'Yes / No' Questions 2
- Present Continuous Mixed Exercise 1
- Present Continuous Mixed Exercise 2
- Present Continuous Mixed Exercise 3
- Choose the Present Simple or Present Continuous Exercise 1
- Choose the Present Simple or Present Continuous Exercise 2
- Choose the Present Simple or Present Continuous Exercise 3
- Present Perfect Positive
- Present Perfect Negative
- Present Perfect Questions
- Present Perfect All Forms Mixed Exercise 1
- Present Perfect All Forms Mixed Exercise 2
- Choose the Past Simple or Present Perfect Exercise 1
- Choose the Past Simple or Present Perfect Exercise 2
- Choose the Past Simple or Present Perfect Exercise 3
- Choose the Past Simple or Present Perfect Exercise 4
- Present Perfect Continuous Positive and Negative
- Present Perfect Continuous Questions
- Choose the Present Perfect Simple or Continuous 1
- Choose the Present Perfect Simple or Continuous 2
- Choose the Present Perfect Simple or Continuous 3
- Past Simple Positive and Negative with 'be'
- Past Simple Questions with 'be'
- Past Simple All Forms with 'be' Mixed Exercise
- Past Simple Positive Irregular Verbs (exercise 1)
- Past Simple Positive Irregular Verbs (exercise 2)
- Past Simple Negative
- Past Simple 'Yes / No' Questions
- Past Simple 'Wh' Questions
- Past Simple All Forms Mixed Exercise 1
- Past Simple All Forms Mixed Exercise 2
- Past Simple All Forms Mixed Exercise 3
- Past Simple All Forms Mixed Exercise 4
- Past Continuous Positive and Negative
- Past Continuous Questions
- Past Continuous Mixed Exercise 1
- Past Continuous Mixed Exercise 2
- Past Simple or Past Continuous Exercise 1
- Past Simple or Past Continuous Exercise 2
- Past Perfect Simple Positive and Negative
- Past Perfect Simple Questions
- Choose the Past Perfect or the Past Simple
- Past Perfect Continuous Positive
- Past Perfect Continuous Negative
- Past Perfect Continuous Questions
- Past Perfect Simple or Past Perfect Continuous
- Past Perfect Continuous or Past Simple Exercise 1
- Future Simple Positive
- Future Simple Negative
- Future Simple Questions
- Future Simple or Present Simple Exercise 1
- Future Continuous Positive
- Future Continuous Negative
- Future Continuous Questions
- Future Perfect Positive
- Future Perfect Negative
- Future Perfect Questions
- Mixed Future Perfect Exercise
- Future Perfect Continuous Positive
- Future Perfect Continuous Negative
- Future Perfect Continuous Questions
- Mixed Future Perfect Continuous Exercise
- Mixed Future Forms Exercise
- Mixed Tense Exercise 1: Simple vs Continuous Tenses (PEG PLUS)
- Mixed Tense Exercise 2: Focus on the Present Simple (PEG PLUS)
- Mixed Tense Exercise 3: Focus on the Past Simple (PEG PLUS)
- Mixed Tense Exercise 4: Focus on the Future Simple (PEG PLUS)
- Mixed Tense Exercise 5: Focus on the present continuous (PEG PLUS)
- Mixed Tense Exercise 6: Focus on the past continuous (PEG PLUS)
- Mixed Tense Exercise 7: Focus on the future continuous (PEG PLUS)
- Mixed Tense Exercise 8: Focus on the perfect simple vs perfect continuous (PEG PLUS)
- Mixed Tense Exercise 9: Focus on the present perfect (PEG PLUS)
- Mixed Tense Exercise 10: Focus on the present perfect or past simple (PEG PLUS)
- Mixed Tense Exercise 11: Focus on the past perfect (PEG PLUS)
- Mixed Tense Exercise 12: Focus on the future perfect (PEG PLUS)
- Mixed Tense Exercise 13: Focus on the present perfect continuous (PEG PLUS)
- Mixed Tense Exercise 14: Focus on the past perfect continuous (PEG PLUS)
- Mixed Tense Exercise 15: Focus on the future perfect continuous (PEG PLUS)
- Make the first conditional
- Make the second conditional
- Make the third conditional
- Make the zero conditional
- Make the first, second and third conditionals
- Write your own endings to conditional sentences (PDF)
- Present Real Conditionals Exercise (PEG PLUS)
- Past Real Conditionals Exercise (PEG PLUS)
- Future Real Conditionals Exercise (PEG PLUS)
- Mixed Real Conditionals Exercise (PEG PLUS)
- Real Conditionals Review (PEG PLUS)
- Present Unreal Conditionals Exercise (PEG PLUS)
- Past Unreal Conditionals Exercise (PEG PLUS)
- Future Unreal Conditionals Exercise (PEG PLUS)
- Mixed Unreal Conditionals Exercise (PEG PLUS)
- Unreal Conditionals Review (PEG PLUS)
- Mixed Tense Reported Statements
- Present Simple Reported Statements
- Present Continuous Reported Statements
- Past Simple Reported Statements
- Present Perfect Reported Statements
- Future Simple Reported Statements
- Reported Yes/No Questions
- Reported Wh Questions
- Mixed Reported Questions (PDF)
- Reported Requests and Orders
- Reported Speech Mixed Exercise 1
- Reported Speech Mixed Exercise 2
- 'Say' and 'Tell'
- Passive with the Present Simple
- Passive with the Past Simple
- Passive with the Present Perfect
- Passive with the Future Simple
- Passive with mixed tenses
- Passive with verbs with two objects
- Passive in subordinate clauses
- Defining Relative Clauses 1
- Defining Relative Clauses 2
- Defining Relative Clauses 3
- Defining Relative Clauses 4
- Modal Verbs of Ability 1
- Modal Verbs of Obligation 1
- Modal verbs of Probability 1
- Modal verbs of Probability 2
- Modals Introduction Theory Quiz (PEG PLUS)
- Modals of Permission Theory Quiz (PEG PLUS)
- Modals of Permission Exercise (PEG PLUS)
- Modals of Obligation and Advice Theory Quiz (PEG PLUS)
- Modals of Obligation and Advice Exercise (PEG PLUS)
- Modals of Volition Theory Quiz (PEG PLUS)
- Modals of Volition Exercise 1 (PEG PLUS)
- Modals of Volition Exercise 2 (PEG PLUS)
- Modals of Logical Necessity Theory Quiz (PEG PLUS)
- Modals of Logical Necessity Exercise (PEG PLUS)
- Modals of Probability Theory Quiz (PEG PLUS)
- Modals of Probability Exercise (PEG PLUS)
- Modals of Ability and Possibility Theory Quiz (PEG PLUS)
- Modals of Ability and Possibility Exercise (PEG PLUS)
- Modals of Prediction Theory Quiz (PEG PLUS)
- Modals of Prediction Exercise (PEG PLUS)
- Other Modal Uses Theory Quiz (PEG PLUS)
- Other Modal Uses Exercise (PEG PLUS)
- Causatives Exercise 1 (Have / Get Something Done)
- Causatives Exercise 2 (Have Someone Do Something / Get Someone to Do Something)
- Ergative and Unaccusative Verbs
- Embedded Questions in Statements
- Indirect Questions 1
- Indirect Questions 2
- Indirect Questions 3
- Time Prepositions 1
- Time Prepositions 2
- Place Prepositions 1
- Place Prepositions 2
- Verbs + Prepositions 1
- Verbs + Prepositions 2
- Adjectives + Prepositions 1
- Participle Adjectives (ED and ING Adjectives) 1
- Participle Adjectives (ED and ING Adjectives) 2
- Adverbs or Adjectives 1
- Comparative Adjectives 1
- Gerunds and Infinitives Exercise 1
- Gerunds and Infinitives Exercise 2
- Gerunds and Infinitives Exercise 3
- Gerunds and Infinitives Exercise 4
- Let and Make Exercise 1
- Make or Do Exercise 1
- Make or Do Exercise 2
- Make or Do Exercise 3
- Make or Do Exercise 4
- Used To Exercise 1
- Used To Exercise 2 ('used to' or 'would')
- Used To Exercise 3 (be used to verb+ing)
- Phrasal Verbs Exercise 1
- Phrasal Verbs Exercise 2
- Phrasal Verbs Exercise 3
- A Little / A Few Exercise 1
- Bed / Home / Work / Town Exercise 1
- Superlatives with The and No Article Exercise 1
- Some and Any Exercise 1
- Some and Any Exercise 2
- Articles with Geographical Names Exercise 1
- Articles with Geographical Names Exercise 2
- As and Like Exercise 1
- Linking Words of Contrast (However / Despite / Although)
- Linking Words of Reason (Because / Since / As / Due to / Owing to)
Click here to read more about our learning method