- Services Paper editing services Paper proofreading Business papers Philosophy papers Write my paper Term papers for sale Term paper help Academic term papers Buy research papers College writing services Paper writing help Student papers Original term papers Research paper help Nursing papers for sale Psychology papers Economics papers Medical papers Blog
177 Captivating Microbiology Research Topics For Your Paper
Selecting microbiology research topics is the first step in the process of completing academic studies. Microbiology is among the fields that experts are constantly actively researching. It deals with microorganisms’ study, from single-cell organisms to eukaryotic fungi. When pursuing a course in microbiology, educators ask learners to write academic papers on varied topics.
However, choosing the best microbiology topics is not that simple due to the vast scope of this study field. But the issue that a college or university student selects dictates the direction of their project. If struggling to choose the best microbiology topics for research paper, this list should inspire you.
Top Microbiology Research Paper Topics
Perhaps, you want to write research papers on some of the topics that most people will be interested in reading. In that case, consider these microbiology topics for research paper projects.
- Effects of microwave radiation on different organisms
- Impacts of glucose on cut flowers’ longevity
- Modern food preservation- Impacts of technology on food conservation and consumption
- The effectiveness of recent vaccines
- Possible solutions and disease control
- Microbiology research future- Technological and theoretical developments
- Antibacterial products- Recent discoveries in antibacterial products affecting the immune system
- Latest cloning research developments
- Controversies in gene therapy
- Evidence of extraterrestrial life
- Antibiotics residence as a medicine limitation
- Bio-weapons and technological limitations
Any of these ideas is an excellent title for a research paper. However, extensive research is necessary to develop a quality paper.
Medical Microbiology Research Paper Topics
Perhaps, you’re interested in medical microbiology. In that case, consider these interesting topics in medical microbiology.
- Probiotics study and preparation
- How to prevent sickle cell anemia
- Analyzing the growth of mold
- The ability of cinnamon and curry to hinder bacterial growth
- How manure, polythene, and fertilizers affect the rate of hypocotyl elongation
- How oil spills affect ocean organisms
- Toxicity testing in marine pollutants with daphnia
- Reproduction of yeast in sugar substitutes
- Tendrils thigmotropism
- The effect of light on yeast
- Mold growth in cheese
- Dog drool and germs
- In which ground beef is bacteria level low?
- Isolating staphylococcus aurous from pasteurized and raw milk
- How garlic affects bacteria
- Effective ways to disinfect a toothbrush
- Investigating the spread of infectious diseases like Ebola
- Effects of vitamin C on fruits rotting rate
These are exciting topics in microbiology and human health. Nevertheless, take your time to research any of these ideas to develop a winning paper.
Microbiology Research Topics for Undergraduates
Maybe you’re pursuing an undergraduate course in microbiology. That means your educator will ask you to write a research paper at some point. Here are brilliant microbiology ideas to consider for your essays.
- Rebuilding microbiota during AMR infection treatment
- Risks of soil contaminants on above and below-ground ecosystems
- Effects of smoking or vaping on COVID-19, SARS, and Cov-2 results
- How metal nanoparticles affect multi-species biofilm consortia
- The involvement of oral bacteria in chronic periodontitis
- The eukaryotic activity elucidating topoisomerase in the recombination of homologous
- Protective lung tissue memory’s induction mechanisms in influenza
- The role of oral bacteria in cardiovascular disease
- Dual warhead antimicrobials in nutrient-mediated delivery
- Skin-facing antimicrobial devices in surgery during additive manufacture
- The use of CryoEM in pathogen transport and resistance study
- Isolation and characterization of microorganisms
- Microbial examination in spoilt avocado- What does it reveal?
- Polymerase chain reaction used in the diagnosis of infectious diseases
- Phytochemical and antimicrobial screening of seed and coat of Citrus Sinensis
- Effects of microbiology on mining
- How bacteria colonize the human skin
- Antibacterial activity of sweet orange on staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli from wound infection
- Bacteria’s susceptibility to antibiotics
- The oil project and bush pear analysis
Pick any of these ideas for your research paper if pursuing an undergraduate degree. Nevertheless, prepare to research the title you choose to develop a winning piece.
PhD Research Topics in Microbiology
A microbiology PhD should prepare the learner to select medical, dental, or health studies to venture into biotechnology or pharmaceutical fields. Here are exciting thesis topics for microbiology students.
- Microbial biofilms- Fungal and bacteria pathogens in environmental substrates and biomaterials
- Bacterial cell fate manipulation- Signal transduction and surface sensing role
- Salmonella typhi susceptibilities to hot aqueous extract from Hibiscus sabdariffa and antibiotics
- Toxins characterization and isolation using Cronobacter species
- Bacillus Thuringiensis and Rhizobium etli biocontrol potential
- Engineered Saccharomyces cerevisiae strain construction to improve the production of whole-cell biocatalytic of melibiose
- Cyclic utilization in biotransformation
- Electro-activated solutions’ antibacterial activity
- Understanding the Swine flu pandemic from a microbiology perspective
- Investigating typhoid fever and risk factors in kids
Please choose a topic in this category and use it as the basis of your PhD. Nevertheless, prepare to invest time and resources in your research to develop a winning paper.
Microbiology Research Topics for College Students
Are you a college student looking for a microbiology paper topic? If yes, here are sample topics to consider for your paper.
- Evaluating changes in Ebola
- Understanding Pfiesteria piscicida subtle health effects on the worldwide population
- Has the world lost the battle with malaria?
- Horizontal genetic exchange role in the bacterial mutation
- Understanding genetic engineering applications in the food supply chain
- Analyzing genetic engineering applications in antibodies to work as enzymes
- Investigating generic allegiances- Peanut allergies case study
- Alternative targets development for vaccines
- Prevalence and history of HIV in Africa
- Biotechnology potential in smart tech
- Endolithic bacteria study in low-temperature places- Making life existence case on mars
- Understanding nitric oxide role in the immune system
- Understanding the development of superantigens and their applications
- Evaluating autoimmune disease patterns in the last decade
- How different carbon sources affect antimicrobial-producing Bacillus Species
- Antimicrobial susceptibility and prevalence of Gram-Negative Bacterial in urine
- Possible control and prevention of intestinal Schistosomiasis
- Damage and safety of water
- The antibacterial activity of medicated soaps
- Yogurt’s microbial contamination
Please select any of the ideas in this list and then develop it via extensive research to write a fantastic paper.
New Research Topics in Microbiology
Maybe you’re interested in the newest idea for research. If so, consider these latest research topics in microbiology.
- Dengue fever vaccine development
- Hypoxia and hypoxia-inducible factors in cancer patients’ stem cell maintenance
- The laboratory role of Leptospirosis reference
- The mechanisms and consequences of Reovorus cell killing
- Protein and peptide nanocluster vaccines
- Formulation and delivery techniques for mRNA vaccines
- Memory lymphocyte in genital immunity- T cells’ role in tissue-resident memory
- Investigating the Lassa virus genetics
- Physiological and pathological functions in innate immune systems of CARD 9 signaling
- Signaling outcomes in RIP Kinase during neuro-invasive virus infection
- Structures of type II secretion system in needle filaments
- The manipulation of death pathways in hot cells by the Herpes Simplex virus
- The modification of the cell wall by antifungal drugs
- Sensing tissue damage by Myeloid c-type lectin receptors
- Virus-like particle immunization for respiratory viruses and protozoan parasites
- Campylobacter biofilm and quorum sensing in molecular mechanisms
- Natural competence transfer and campylobacter horizontal gene
- Investigating marine models for innate immune response and resistance colonization in campylobacter jejuni infections
- The role of iBALT in respiratory immunity
- Pyroptosis antiviral immunity
These are some of the latest topics to consider for microbiology research papers. However, each of these ideas requires extensive research to write an essay that will earn you the top grade.
Hot Research Paper Topics in Microbiology
Do you want to write a research paper on one of the hottest topics? If yes, consider these ideas for your project.
- Risk assessment for environmental organisms and the essence of knowledge and control
- Growth and survival of Salmonella during the processing of partially sprouted products and chia powders
- Innoculation protocols for low moisture foods
- Listeria survival and growth in newly cut vegetables
- Investigating starch specificities, fermentation, and enzyme activities
- Onions’ microorganisms study
- Studying the correlation of Plasmodium species
- How to diagnose human immunodeficiency virus
- Investigating bacteria that can withstand antibiotics
- Yogurts’ microbiological study during commercial preparation
- Wetland bacterial properties and functionalities
- Cyanophycin study- A bacterial polymer
- Microbiology and its role in the prevention of life-threatening illnesses
- Microbial analysis of Shea butter
- Tapeworms’ research- What are their dangers?
- The spread of influenza in the world- How it affected wars?
- Restriction-modification in cellular microbiology
- Microscope invention- How it improved microbiology knowledge
- Applied microbiology- Generation of biofuels using microorganisms
- Role of microbiology in pharmaceutical and food industries
Select and work with any of these great topics to impress the educator to award you the top grade in your class.
Environmental and Marine Microbiology Research Topics
Maybe you love researching and writing about ecological and marine microbiology. If so, consider these topic ideas for your research papers.
- Wastewater and water treatment- What are the target microorganisms?
- Marginal water reclamation and treatment
- Greenhouse gases mitigation and biofiltration
- Greenhouse gases sources
- Biowaste nutrient recovery
- Bio-remediation of water bodies and soils in arid environments
- Bio-methane production using dry climates animal wastes
- Desert rocks microbial inhabitants
- The role of bacterial diversity in the maintenance of functional ecosystems in arid areas
- How rain events affect microbial activity, abundance, and diversity
- Cycling nitrogen in dry soils
- Desert soil crust role in nutrient cycling
- Interrelationships between soil bacteria and plants and their effects on biochemical cycling
- Microorganisms in phyllosphere and rhizosphere in desert plants
- Characterization of marine viruses
- Marine biofouling microbial aspects
Students can work on these topics by researching them carefully before writing academic papers.
Food Microbiology Research Topics
If interested in food microbiology, this category has some of the best ideas for you to explore.
- How temperature affects viruses’ survival in vegetables and food to help in virus contamination comprehension
- Evaluating process water usage as the marker for determining freshly-cut greens’ contamination status
- Investigating the initial contamination, time, temperature, sanitizing rinses, indigenous microflora, and package atmosphere on E.coli’s behavior in leafy greens
- How temperature and time combine to stimulate the germination of spores in c. botulinum
- How cleaning procedures and physical augmentation remove bacillus spores in food matrices
- Norovirus and cross-contamination in the foodservice procures for preparing fresh produce
- Examining virus and abiotic surfaces in the food processing and service sectors
- How to improve sprout food safety
- Growth and survival of Listeria in freshly-cut vegetables
- Nonthermal and thermal resistance of Shiga-Toxin producing Coli and Salmonella Enterica in low-moisture foods
- How water and temperature activity affect Salmonella during storage and drying of Botanical products
- Norovirus surrogates mitigation in berries using minimal high hydrostatic pressure and freeze-drying treatment
- Bacterial pathogen mechanisms of internalization into freshly-cut fruits
- Low moisture foods inoculation protocols
Work on any of these topics if interested in a project that involves exploring food and microbiology ideas.
Immunology Microbiology Research Topics
Perhaps, you want to write a research paper on an immunology and microbiology topic. If so, consider these brilliant ideas for your essay.
- Human diseases and bacteria
- Cell biology and bacterial physiology
- Human health and microbiology
- Investigating parasite effects on human healthy
- Human diseases and viruses
- Genetics of microorganisms
- Studying eukaryotic pathogens and diseases
- Molecular microbiology and experimental approaches
- Investigating different parasitism mechanisms
- What is advanced immunology?
Select any topic in this category and perform extensive research to provide valid and relevant information that will impress the educator to award you the best grade.
Easy Microbiology Research Topics
Maybe you want a topic you’ll have an easy time working on and writing a quality paper. If so, consider these ideas for your research paper.
- How time and temperature stimulate toxin production by C. botulinum spores
- Effects of temperature on virus survival in fruits and vegetables
- Methodology and techniques for future virus studies
- The role of Redox-active metabolites in microbial signaling
- The emergence and essence of yeast in preservatives within the baking industry
- Non-conventional uses of yeast in the wine-manufacturing sector
- Microbiota- The role of bifidobacteria’s role in the human body
- Microbes interactions- The study of human microbial ecosystems
- The impact of viruses on the health of large animals
- How bacterial interactions affect cell social behavior and interaction
- How cleaning procedures impact Bacillus spores
- Desiccated Salmonella’s survival in moist and dry food processing places
- A comparative analysis of Listeria monacytogenes survival in the food manufacturing environments
- What determines the transfer rate for Salmonella sp. From butter to foods?
- Cross-contamination investigation of norovirus during service procedures within the food industry
- How human fungal pathogen’s genetic variation cause phenotypic diversity that affects diseases
- How microbiology research has helped humans in preventing life-threatening diseases
Any of these ideas can be a brilliant topic for a research paper. However, careful research and dedication are necessary to write a top-notch essay.
Use a Professional Research Paper Writing Service to Score a Better Grade!
Perhaps, you have realized that writing a winning paper is not easy even when you have the best topic. Maybe you have a tight schedule that leaves you no time for researching and writing your essay. In that case, talk to online expert writers for assistance. We’re the best team to help you with your academic paper. Whether you want to write an essay on a controversial or straightforward topic, we’re ready to help you. Our writing help enables learners to submit top-notch papers that earn them high grades. We have the best team comprising highly skilled and experienced ENL writers. And this allows us to deliver cheap custom papers of top quality regardless of the topics. Irrespective of the requirements set by your professor, we will help you.
Contact us now to get a quality paper and a fast turnaround time!
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Copyright © 2013-2023 MyPaperDone.com
Custom Essay, Term Paper & Research paper writing services
Toll Free: +1 (888) 354-4744
Email: [email protected]
Writing custom essays & research papers since 2008
100+ microbiology research topics to succeed.
Microbiology topics are some of the most researched ideas. This field entails the study of different microorganisms, ranging from eukaryotic fungi and single-celled organisms to cell-cluster organisms. When pursuing a microbiology course in a university or college, your educators will ask you to write academic papers on microbiology research topics.
Choosing the right microbiology topics to write about is essential because it determines the direction of your research and writing processes. Therefore, take your time to identify a topic you will be comfortable working with from the beginning to the end.
Top Microbiology Topics for Research
If looking for the top microbiology research paper topics, this list has some of the best ideas to explore. That’s because most people are searching for information related to these topics in microbiology.
- Bioterrorism- Bioweapons limit with technological developments
- Antibiotics resistance- A major limitation in medicine
- Extraterrestrial life- Existing life evidence in space
- Gene therapy- Gene therapy as a controversial biology topic
- Cloning- Latest developments in cloning research
- Antibacterial products-Latest discoveries explaining the possibility of antibacterial products effects on the immune system
- What is the future of microbiology research, both theoretically and technologically?
- Epidemics- Current disease control protocols and possible solutions
- Vaccines- Recent research about the effectiveness of vaccines like flue
- Food preservation methods- How technology enhances safe food preservation and consumption
These are brilliant microbiology project topics. However, you need time and effort to research any of these topics and come up with an awesome paper.
Current Topics in Microbiology and Immunology
Maybe you want to research and write about current topics in microbiology and immunology. That means you’re looking for topics that will enable you to explore recent information in this area. In that case, consider these microbiology topics in the news.
- Virus-like particle vaccines for protozoan parasites and respiratory viruses
- Quorum sensing and campylobacter biofilm formation in molecular mechanisms
- Campylobacter horizontal gene and natural competence transfer
- Murine investigation models for innate immune response and colonization resistance in campylobacter jejuni infections
- iBALT role in respiratory immunity
- Antiviral immunity for pyroptosis
- Damage to the sensing tissue by Myeloid c-Type Lectin receptors
- How antifungal drugs modify the cell wall
- Host cell’s death pathways manipulation by the Herpes Simplex virus
- Type II Secretion system structures in needle filaments
- RIP Kinase signaling outcomes during neuro-invasive infection by virus
- Innate immune system pathological and physiological functions of CARD 9 signaling
- The genetics of the Lassa virus
- Genital immunity’s memory lymphocyte- Tissue-resident memory T cells’ role
- Delivery and formulation technologies for the mRNA vaccines
- Peptide and protein nanocluster vaccines
- Reovirus’ cell killing- Consequences and mechanisms
- Leptospirosis reference lab’s role
- Hypoxia-inducible and hypoxia factors in stem cell maintenance among cancer patients
- Development of dengue vaccine
Pick any of these new research topics in microbiology if your goal is to work on recent information. Nevertheless, take your time reading recent literature in this field to come up with an awesome paper.
Interesting Topics in Microbiology
Perhaps, you’re looking for microbiology projects topics that most people will find interesting to read about. In that case, consider these interesting microbiology topics.
- Techniques and methodologies for future research about the virus
- Redox-active metabolite’s roles in microbial signaling
- The role and emergence of yeast as a baking industry’s preservative
- Host-pathogenic interactions study with a focus on redox and cellular metals
- Yeast non-conventional use in the wine-making industry
- Microbiota- What is the bifidobacterila’s role in the human gut?
- Virus role in vaccines development and improvement in third world countries
- Heath- Microbiology role in addressing antibiotic resistance
- Human microbial ecosystems study- Microbe interactions
- Impact and role of viruses in large animals’ health
- How bacteria in complex organisms respond to stress
- Cell to cell interaction and social behavior in bacteria interactions
- Norovirus cross-contamination investigation during service procedures in the food industry in fresh produce preparation
- Transfer rate determination in Salmonella sp. From nut butter to food materials
- Listeria monacytogenes comparative genomic analysis for survival within a food processing situation
- Thermal resistance and survival of desiccated Salmonella in dry and moist food processing environments
- Effective cleaning products for removing food matrix with B. Thuringiensis spores and B. Cereus
- Analysis of cleaning procedures’ effects on Bacillus spores
- How temperature affects viruses survival in vegetables and fruits
- How temperature and time combine to stimulate C. botulinum spores to germinate or produce a toxin
This category has some of the most interesting and easy microbiology research topics. However, take your time to research the topic you choose to write a paper that will impress your educator to award you the top grade.
Medical Microbiology Research Topics
Maybe you want to explore microbiology and human health topics. In that case, consider these medical-related microbiology paper topics.
- Probiotics- A study of their preparation
- How to prevent sickle cell anemia
- The growth of mold
- How fertilizes, polythene and manure affect the hypocotyl’s elongation rate
- How cinnamon and curry inhibit the growth of bacteria
- How oil spills affect microorganisms in the oceans
- Reproducing yeast in sugar substitutes
- Why vitamin c affects the rotting rate for fruits
- Effective toothbrush disinfecting methods
- Describe the spread of Ebola
Consider any of these microbiology research topics research paper if interested in something to do with medicine. However, take your time to identify good and authentic information sources before you start writing your paper. That’s because your educator will be interested in unique and relevant content.
Microbiology Research Topics for Undergraduates
Are you pursuing undergraduate studies in microbiology? If yes, you will find these microbiology research topics for college students interesting.
- Using polymerase chain reaction to diagnose infectious diseases
- Preliminary antimicrobial and phytochemical screening of coat and seed of citrus sinensis
- Microbiology effect on mining
- Human skin colonization by bacteria
- Sweet orange’s antibacterial activity on Escherichia coli and staphylococcus aureus isolated from wound infection
- The susceptibility pattern of bacteria to antibiotics
- Bush pear analysis and the oil project
- Spoilt avocado microbial examination- What it reveals
- Characterization and isolation of microorganisms from a stored pap
- CryoEM use in understanding pathogen resistance and transport
- Additive manufacture of skin-facing antimicrobial devices for surgery
- Oral bacteria’s role in cardiovascular disease
- Nutrient-mediated ‘Dual warhead’ antimicrobials’ delivery
- Induction mechanisms of the protective lung tissue memory cells in influenza
- The activity of eukaryotic, elucidating topoisomerase in homologous recombination
- Oral bacteria involvement in chronic periodontitis- Metabolomics investigation
- Effect of metal nanoparticles on the multi-species biofilm consortia- A metabolomics investigation
- How vaping or smoking affects the risk of CoV-2, SARS, and COVID-19 outcomes
- Soil contaminants risks on below and above ground eco-systems in urban areas
- Protective microbes- How to rebuild microbiota when treating AMR infection
This category also has some of the best microbiology topics for presentation. However, get ready to research any of these topics to write an impressive paper.
Hot Topics in Microbiology
Perhaps, you’re looking for the most interesting microbiology essay topics to research and write about. In that case, consider some of the ideas in this category.
- Shea butter’s microbiological analysis
- Research of tapeworms and their dangers
- Influenza spread in the world and its impact on the war
- Restriction-modification cellular microbiology
- Applied microbiology- Biofuels generation using microorganisms
- Microscope invention and its effect on microbiology knowledge
- Microbiology role in food industries and pharmaceutical
- How microbiology has helped in preventing life-threatening illnesses
- Bacterial polymer- A study of cyanophycin
- A study of the functionalities and properties of wetland bacteria
- Microbiological study of a commercial preparation of yogurts
- A study of bacteria that withstand antibiotics
- Human immunodeficiency virus diagnosis- How it’s done
- A study of plasmodium species correlation
- A study of onions’ microorganisms
- An investigation of starch fermentation, specificities, and activities of its enzymes
- Listeria growth and survival in freshly cut vegetables
- Low moisture food inoculation protocols
- Survival and growth of Salmonella during partially sprouted products processing and chia powders
- Environmental organisms’ risk assessment and the importance of better control and knowledge
This category also has some of the best food microbiology topics. Nevertheless, students should be ready to spend time and effort researching any of these ideas before writing. That’s because educators expect them to present fresh and relevant information in their papers.
Learners have many topics or ideas to consider when researching and writing academic papers. However, every student should look for an interesting topic they are comfortable researching and writing about. That’s because writing a research paper or essay takes time. Choosing a boring topic means a learner will spend their time working on something they’re not interested in. And this can reflect on the quality of their paper. Thus, their grade will suffer.
Home > CNS > Microbiology > MICRO_DISS
Microbiology Department Dissertations Collection
Dissertations from 2023 2023.
BORRELIA BURGDORFERI: DRUG TESTING, ASSAY DEVELOPMENT, AND THE ROLE OF SERUM-MEDIATED KILLING IN THE INFECTIVITY PHENOTYPE , Patrick Pearson, Microbiology
A SHIFT IN RNA FATE: INVESTIGATING THE ROLE OF C19ORF66 DURING KSHV LYTIC REPLICATION , William Rodriguez Jr., Microbiology
Dissertations from 2022 2022
Community Assembly and Stress Response of Grassland Phyllosphere Bacteria , Emily Bechtold, Microbiology
THE SOS RESPONSE IN ESCHERICHIA COLI K12: AN EXPLORATION OF MUTATIONS IN LEXA AND RECA USING FLUORESCENCE MICROSCOPY , Steven Van Alstine, Microbiology
Dissertations from 2021 2021
PHYSIOLOGICAL CONSTRAINTS, MECHANISMS, AND MINERAL TRANSFORMATIONS OF IRON REDUCTION IN HYPERTHERMOPHILIC CRENARCHAEA , Srishti Kashyap, Microbiology
Mycobacterial Morphology and Cell Envelope: Construction and Maintenance , Emily Sarah Melzer, Microbiology
Dissertations from 2020 2020
STRUCTURE FUNCTION ANALYSIS OF MITOCHONDRIAL DNA POLYMERASE IC REVEALS MULTIPLE ROLES IN KINETOPLAST MAINTENANCE , Jonathan Miller, Microbiology
Dissertations from 2019 2019
BACTERIAL BIOTRANSFORMATION OF LIGNIN IN ANOXIC ENVIRONMENTS , Gina M. Chaput, Microbiology
The Influence of Amazon Deforestation in Brazil on the Soil Microbial Community Composition and Active Methane-Cycling , Marie Kroeger, Microbiology
THE SPATIAL ORGANIZATION OF MYCOBACTERIAL MEMBRANE , Julia Puffal, Microbiology
REGULATION OF LIPOMANNAN AND LIPOARABINOMANNAN BIOSYNTHESIS IN MYCOBACTERIA , Kathryn Rahlwes, Microbiology
NASCENT DNA PROTEOMICS ANALYSIS UNCOVERS DNA REPLICATION DYNAMICS IN THE HUMAN PATHOGEN TRYPANOSOMA BRUCEI , Maria Rocha Granados, Microbiology
Protein Degradation Regulates Phospholipid Biosynthetic Gene Expression in Saccharomyces cerevisiae , Bryan Salas-Santiago, Microbiology
Dissertations from 2018 2018
Dissecting regulatory mechanisms of ComA-dependent and ComA-independent quorum sensing pathways in Bacillus subtilis , Emily Roy, Microbiology
HYDROGEN STRESS AND SYNTROPHY OF HYPERTHERMOPHILIC HETEROTROPHS AND METHANOGENS , Begum Topcuoglu, Microbiology
Dissertations from 2017 2017
The Effects of Anthropogenic Stress on Nitrogen-Cycling Microbial Communities in Temperate and Tropical Soils , George S. Hamaoui Jr., Microbiology
Intracellular Membrane Organization in Mycobacteria , Jennifer Hayashi, Microbiology
Dissertations from 2016 2016
Conversion of Cellulose to Ethanol by the Biofuels Microbe Clostridium Phytofermentans: Quantification of Growth and Role of an Rnf-Complex in Energy Conservation , Jesús G. Alvelo-Maurosa, Microbiology
Expansion of and reclassification within the family Lachnospiraceae , Kelly N. Haas, Microbiology
Transcription Regulation of PHO5 Gene by the Ino2p and Ino4p bHLH Proteins in Saccharomyces cerevisiae , Ying He, Microbiology
Control of Proteolysis during the Caulobacter Cell Cycle , Joanne Lau, Microbiology
Dissertations from 2015 2015
Agricultural Waste Remediation and H2 Production by Hyperthermophilic Heterotrophs: Bioinformatics, Taxonomy, and Physiology , Sarah A. Hensley, Microbiology
Mechanisms for Extracellular Electron Exchange by Geobacter Species , Jessica A. Smith, Microbiology
Energetic Limitations Of Thermophilic Methanogens And Thiosulfate Reducers In The Subsurface Biosphere At Deep-Sea Hydrothermal Vents , Lucy C. Stewart, Microbiology
Dissertations from 2014 2014
Anaerobic Microbes and Communities In the Context of Soil and the Equine Digestive Tract , Amy Biddle, Microbiology
MICROBE-MINERAL RELATIONSHIPS AND BIOGENIC MINERAL TRANSFORMATIONS IN ACTIVELY VENTING DEEP-SEA HYDROTHERMAL SULFIDE CHIMNEYS , TZIHSUAN J. LIN, Microbiology
PHYSIOLOGICAL MODELS OF GEOBACTER SULFURREDUCENS AND DESULFOBACTER POSTGATEI TO UNDERSTAND URANIUM REMEDIATION IN SUBSURFACE SYSTEMS , Roberto Orellana, Microbiology
Dissertations from 2013 2013
Validation Of A Novel Vaccine Delivery System for Chlamydia Trachomatis Using Recombinant Gas Vesicles Derived From Halobacterium Salinarium , Tawanna Sabrina Childs, Microbiology
Analysis of the Spatiotemporal Localization of Mitochondrial DNA Polymerases of Trypanosoma brucei , Jeniffer Concepcón-Acevedo, Microbiology
Reca Dynamics & the SOS Response in Escherichia Coli: Cellular Limitation of Inducing Filaments , Shawn Christopher Massoni, Microbiology
Indentification of Metabolic Constraints in Clostridium Phytofermentans Using Experimental Evolution and Metabolic Flux Analysis , Supratim Mukherjee, Microbiology
Evidence of an Infectious Asthma Phenotype: Chlamydia Driven Allergy and Airway Hyperresponsiveness in Pediatric Asthma , Katir Kirit Patel, Microbiology
Microbial Community Composition and the Effects of Trace Elements on Methanogenesis Associated with Deep Subsurface Coal , Burcu Unal, Microbiology
Dissertations from 2012 2012
Universidade De Sao Paulo Centro De Energia Nuclear Na Agricultura: Soil Microbiota Related To Carbon, Nitrogen And Greenhouse Gas Cycles Across Different Land Uses In Southwestern Amazonia , Daniel Renato Lammel, Microbiology
Universidade de São Paulo Centro de Energia Nuclear na Agricultura: Soil microbiota related to carbon, nitrogen and greenhouse gas cycles across different land uses in Southwestern Amazonia , Daniel Renato Lammel
Dissertations from 2011 2011
Investigation of a sulfur-utilizing perchlorate-reducing bacterial consortium , Teresa Anne Conneely
Investigation of a Sulfur-Utilizing Perchlorate-Reducing Bacterial Consortium , Teresa Anne Conneely, Microbiology
Discrete Steps In The Entry Pathway And Disassembly Of SV40 , Dmitry Kuksin, Microbiology
Discrete steps in the entry pathway and disassembly of SV40 , Dmitry Kuksin
Regulation of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae INO1 gene: Novel insights into a hallmark of eukaryotic transcription regulation , Ameet S Shetty
Regulation Of The Saccharomyces Cerevisiae INO1 Gene: Novel Insights Into A Hallmark Of Eukaryotic Transcription Regulation , Ameet S Shetty, Microbiology
Better, Faster, Stronger: Evolving Geobacter Species For Enhanced Capabilities , Zarath M Summers, Microbiology
Better, faster, stronger: Evolving Geobacter species for enhanced capabilities , Zarath M Summers
Growth Kinetics and Constraints Related to Metabolic Diversity and Abundances of Hyperthermophiles in Deep-Sea Hydrothermal Vents , Helene Chavanne Ver Eecke, Microbiology
Dissertations from 2010 2010
Role of Sulfate-Reducing Bacteria in the Attenuation of Acid Mine Drainage through Sulfate and Iron Reduction , Caryl Ann Becerra, Microbiology
Dissertations from 2009 2009
The SOS response in Escherichia coli: Single cell analysis using fluorescence microscopy , Jarukit E Long
The SOS Response In Escherichia Coli: Single Cell Analysis Using Fluorescence Microscopy , Jarukit E Long, Microbiology
Investigation of Fe(III) Reduction in Geobacter Sulfurreducens Characterization of Outer Surface Associated Electron Transfer Components , Xenlei Qian, Microbiology
Dissertations from 2008 2008
Genetic studies of replication restart in Escherichia coli , Ruethairat Boonsombat
Characterization of the carbon dioxide assimilation pathways in the hyperthermophilic archaeon Pyrobaculum islandicum , Yajing Hu
Oxidative stress responses in Escherichia coli and Pseudomonas aeruginosa , Wanilada Rungrassamee
Dissertations from 2007 2007
Cellulose degradation and biofilm formation in the developmental life cycle of the cellulolytic actinomycete Thermobifida fusca , Almaris N Alonso
Dissimilatory iron reduction in the hyperthermophilic Archaea Pyrobaculum , Lawrence Frederick Feinberg
Patterns of community change of archaeal and bacterial populations colonizing extreme environments at Kilauea Volcano, Hawaii , Vicente Gomez-Alvarez
Microbial communities involved in the nitrogen cycle at the soil aggregate scale , Javier A Izquierdo
Evaluation of the transfer of Listeria monocytogenes: A study at the macroscopic and cellular level , Andres Rodriguez Lozano
Dissertations from 2006 2006
Investigation of electron transport proteins in the Geobacteraceae , Jessica Erin Butler
Evaluation of outer-surface proteins in the reduction of iron(III) oxide in Geobacter sulfurreducens , Teena Mehta
Influence of plant-associated microbial communities on heavy metal uptake by the aquatic plant Lemna minor , Lisa M Stout
Quantification of Vibrio vulnificus in shellfish by conventional *PCR and real time PCR , Shishan Wang
Dissertations from 2005 2005
Understanding genome structure, function, and evolution in the halophilic archaeon Halobacterium NRC-1 , Sean P Kennedy
Dissertations from 2003 2003
The significance of iron(III) reducing bacteria in uranium(VI) bioremediation and energy production by sediment fuel cells , Dawn Elena Holmes
Replication restart in Escherichia coli: Genetic studies at the interface of recombination and replication , Jesse Daniel McCool
Chlamydia-host cell interactions: Studies of lipid rafts, caveolin proteins, the glycolipid exoantigen (GLXA) and intermediate filament proteins , Wilmore Christopher Webley
Dissertations from 2002 2002
Novel anaerobic bioremediation strategies for organic and metal contaminants , Kevin Thomas Finneran
Mechanisms of iron(III) oxide reduction in the environment and in pure culture , Kelly Patricia Nevin
The role of notch signaling in regulating nuclear hormone receptor activity in mammalian T lymphocytes and Drosophila , Tanapat Palaga
Anaerobic metabolism of organic compounds by hyperthermophilic microorganisms , Jason M Tor
Serum xanthine oxidoreductase: Hydrogen peroxide production rates in mammalian sera , Andrew D. G Van Praagh
Phenotypic and genomic characteristics of members of the “Burkholderia cepacia complex” , Fude Yao
Characterization of the quorum -sensing system of a biocontrol strain Burkholderia ambifaria from maize rhizosphere , Hongwei Zhou
Dissertations from 2001 2001
Embryogenesis in Arabidopsis thaliana: Mutant library construction and embryo mutant identification and characterization , Qi Hall
Degradation of naphthalene and phenanthrene in contaminated marine sediments under sulfate reducing conditions , Lory Ann Hayes
Gene products from Bacillus megaterium involved in the metabolism of polyhydroxyalkanoic acid (PHA) and the biogenesis of PHA inclusion -bodies , Gabriel J McCool
Immunoglobulin gene diversification and B-cell ontogeny in cattle , Saiju Pyarajan
Chitin degradation by the facultatively aerobic cellulolytic bacterium Cellulomonas uda , Gemma Reguera
Dissertations from 2000 2000
The bop gene regulon , Nitin S Baliga
Isolation and characterization of multicytochrome gene cluster from Shewanella putrefaciens MR-1 involved in iron and manganese reduction , Alexander S Beliaev
Regulation of the p53 tumor suppressor gene in the mammary gland and its role in tumorigenesis , Charlotte Kuperwasser
Flux of poly(hydroxyalkanoates) in photosynthetic benthic microbial mats , Mary M Rothermich
Expression and processing of xanthin dehydrogenase/oxidase cDNA from African cape buffalo , Jun Wang
Characterization of the sperm factor responsible for initiating [calcium (2+)](i) oscillations during fertilization in mammalian eggs , Hua Wu
Microtubule organization, movement and turnover in motile and non-motile cells , Anne-Marie C Yvon
Dissertations from 1999 1999
Development of a system for genetic exchange and studies of genome structure and fermentation pathways in Clostridium papyrosolvens C7 , Jiancai He
Bacterial production and extracellular degradation of polyesters , Robin Jeanne Quinteros
Dissertations from 1998 1998
Genetic analysis of two mutants altered with respect to formation of polyhydroxyalkanoic acid and identification of putative RNA helicase, nuclease and gas vesicle genes in Bacillus megaterium , Ning Li
Identification and characterization of a cryptic D-serine deaminase (DSD) gene from Burkholderia cepacia , Stacy O Montgomery
Dissertations from 1997 1997
Characterization of a novel baculovirus, gonad-specific virus, GSV , Hua Lu
Dissertations from 1996 1996
RNA-dependent RNA polymerase of turnip crinkle virus and the effect of coat protein on the replication of subviral RNAs , Jong-Won Oh
Dissertations from 1993 1993
Production and characterization of anti-idiotypic antibodies, biological mimicry of a glycolipid exoantigen of Chlamydia trachomatis in vivo , Ling-Ling An
Dissertations from 1926 1926
Physiological studies in cellulose fermentation , J. Raymond Sanborn, Microbiology
- Notify me via email or RSS
- Login for Faculty Authors
- Faculty Author Gallery
- Expert Gallery
- University Libraries
- Microbiology Website
- UMass Amherst
This page is sponsored by the University Libraries.
© 2009 University of Massachusetts Amherst • Site Policies
- Search Menu
- FEMS Microbiology Ecology
- FEMS Microbiology Letters
- FEMS Microbiology Reviews
- FEMS Yeast Research
- Pathogens and Disease
- FEMS Microbes
- Thematic Issues
- Virtual Special Issues
- Awards & Prizes
- Editor's Choice
- Author Guidelines
- Order Offprints
- Open Access Options
- About the Federation of European Microbiological Societies
- Editorial Boards
- Investing in Science
- Advertising and Corporate Services
- Journals Career Network
- Journals on Oxford Academic
- Books on Oxford Academic
Six Key Topics in Microbiology 2019
This collection has been updated for 2020, discover the current trends in microbiology research .
Read an essential collection of papers showcasing high-quality content from across the five FEMS Journals, which together provide an overview of current research trends in microbiology. Follow the topic area links below for access to articles:
- Antimicrobial Resistance
Pathogenicity & virulence, biotechnology & synthetic biology, microbiomes, food microbiology, antimicrobial resistance.
Effects of sample preservation and DNA extraction on enumeration of antibiotic resistance genes in wastewater An-Dong Li, Jacob W Metch, Yulin Wang, Emily Garner, An Ni Zhang, Maria V Riquelme, Peter J Vikesland, Amy Pruden, Tong Zhang FEMS Microbilogy Ecology , DOI: 10.1093/femsec/fix189 First published online: 1 February 2018
Occurrence and abundance of antibiotic resistance genes in agricultural soil receiving dairy manure Chad W McKinney, Robert S Dungan, Amber Moore, April B Leytem FEMS Microbiology Ecology , DOI: 10.1093/femsec/fiy010; First published online: 1 March 2018
Environmental factors influencing the development and spread of antibiotic resistance Johan Bengtsson-Palme, Erik Kristiansson, D G Joakim Larsson FEMS Microbiology Reviews , DOI: 10.1093/femsre/fux053 First published online: 01 January 2018
Comparative genomic and transcriptomic analyses unveil novel features of azole resistnce and adaptation to the human host in Candida glabrata Sara Barbosa Salazar, Can Wang, Martin Münsterkötter, Michiyo Okamoto, Azusa Takahashi-Nakaguchi, Hiroji Chibana, Maria Manuel Lopes, Ulrich Güldener, Geraldine Butler, Nuno Pereira Mira FEMS Yeast Research , DOI: 10.1093/femsyr/fox079 First published online: 01 February 2018
How proteases from Enterococcus faecalis contribute to its resistance to short a-helical antimicrobial peptides Ondrej Nešuta, Miloš Budešínský, Romana Hadravová, Lenka Monincová, Jana Humpolicková, Václav Cerovský FEMS Pathogens and Disease , DOI: 10.1093/femspd/ftx091 First published online: 29 September 2017
Ice algal bloom development on the surface of the Greenland Ice Sheet C J Williamson, A M Anesio, J Cook, A Tedstone, E Poniecka, A Holland, D Fagan, M Tranter, M L Yallop FEMS Microbiology Ecology DOI: 10.1093/femsec/fiy025 First published online: 01 March 2018
Investigation of viable taxa in the deep terrestrial biosphere suggests high rates of nutrient recycling Margarita Lopez-Fernandez, Elias Broman, Stephanie Turner, Xiaofen Wu, Stefan Bertilsson, Mark Dopson FEMS Microbiology Ecology , DOI: 10.1093/femsec/fiy121 First published online: 01 August 2018
Soil Protists: a fertile frontier in soil biology research Stefan Geisen, Edward A D Mitchell, Sina Adl, Michael Bonkowski, Micah Dunthorn, Flemming Ekelund, Leonardo D Fernández, Alexandre Jousset, Valentyna Krashevska, David Singer, Frederick W Spiegel, Julia Walochnik, Enrique Lara FEMS Microbiology Reviews , DOI: 10.1093/femsre/fuy006 First published online: 01 May 2018
Vector-borne diseases and climate change: a European perspective Jan C Semenza, Jonathan E Suk FEMS Microbiology Letters , DOI: 10.1093/femsle/fnx244 First published online: 01 January 2018
Beyond nitrogen metabolism: nitric oxide, cyclic-di- GMP and bacterial biofilms Serena Rinaldo, Giorgio Giardina, Federico Mantoni, Alessio Paone, Francesca Cutruzzolàr FEMS Microbiology Letters , DOI: 10.1093/femsle/fny029 First published online: 01 March 2018
Bacterial-fungal interactions: ecology, mechanisms and challenges Aurélie Deveau, Gregory Bonito, Jessie Uehling, Mathieu Paoletti, Matthias Becker, Saskia Bindschedler, Stéphane Hacquard, Vincent Hervé, Jessy Labbé, Olga A Lastovetsky, Sophie Mieszkin, Larry J Millet, Balázs Vajna, Pilar Junier, Paola Bonfante, Bastiaan P Krom, Stefan Olsson, Jan Dirk van Elsas, Lukas Y Wick FEMS Microbiology Reviews , DOI: 10.1093/femsre/fuy008 First published online: 01 May 2018
The human cytomegalovirus terminase complex as an antiviral target: a close-up view G Ligat, R Cazal, S Hantz, S Alain; FEMS Microbiology Reviews , DOI: 10.1093/femsre/fuy004 First published online: 01 March 2018
Molecular variability and genetic structure of white spot syndrome virus strains from northwest Mexico based on the analysis of genomes Delia Patricia Parrilla-Taylor, Norberto Vibanco-Pérez, Maria de Jesús Durán-Avelar, Bruno Gomez- Gil, Raúl Llera-Herrera, Ricardo Vázquez-Juárez FEMS Microbiology Letters , DOI: 10.1093/femsle/fny216 First published online: 01 October 2018
The first known virus isolates from Antarctic sea ice have complex infection patterns Anne-Mari Luhtanen, Eeva Eronen-Rasimus, Hanna M Oksanen, Jean-Louis Tison, Bruno Delille, Gerhard S Dieckmann, Janne-Markus Rintala, Dennis H Bamford FEMS Microbiology Ecology , DOI: 10.1093/femsec/fiy028 First published online: 1 April 2018
Host-pathogen redox dynamics modulate Mycobacterium tuberculosis pathogenesis Hayden T Pacl, Vineel P Reddy, Vikram Saini, Krishna C Chinta, Adrie J C Steyn FEMS Pathogens and Disease , DOI: 10.1093/femspd/fty036 First published online: 01 July 2018
The CRISPR-Cas system in Enterobacteriaceae Liliana Medina-Aparicio, Sonia Dávila, Javier E Rebollar-Flores, Edmundo Calva, Ismael Hernández- Lucas FEMS Pathogens and Disease , DOI: 10.1093/femspd/fty002 First published online: 01 February 2018
Mycobacterial biomaterials and resources for researchers Manzour Hernando Hazbón, Leen Rigouts, Marco Schito, Matthew Ezewudo, Takuji Kudo, Takashi Itoh, Moriya Ohkuma, Katalin Kiss, Linhuan Wu, Juncai Ma, Moriyuki Hamada, Michael Strong, Max Salfinger ,Charles L Daley, Jerry A Nick, Jung-Sook Lee, Nalin Rastogi, David Couvin, Raquel Hurtado-Ortiz, Chantal Bizet, Anita Suresh, Timothy Rodwell, Audrey Albertini, Karen A Lacourciere, Ana Deheer- Graham, Sarah Alexander, Julie E Russell, Rebecca Bradford, Marco A Riojas FEMS Pathogens and Disease , DOI: 10.1093/femspd/fty042 First published online: 01 June 2018
Yeast 2.0- connecting the dots in the construction of the world's first functional synthetic eukaryotic genome I S Pretorius, J D Boeke FEMS Yeast Research , DOI: 10.1093/femsyr/foy032 First published online: 01 June 2018
Laboratory evolution for forced glucose-xylose co-consumption enables identification of mutations that improve mixed-sugar fermentation by xylose-fermenting Saccharomyces cerevisiae Ioannis Papapetridis, Maarten D Verhoeven, Sanne J Wiersma, Maaike Goudriaan, Antonius J A van Maris, Jack T Pronk FEMS Yeast Research , DOI: 10.1093/femsyr/foy056 First published online:01 September 2018
State of the art in eukaryotic nitrogenase engineering Stefan Burén, Luis M Rubio FEMS Microbiology Letters , DOI: 10.1093/femsle/fnx274 First published online: 01 January 2018
Whole-genome sequencing based characterization of antimicrobial resistance in Enterococcus Gregory H Tyson, Jonathan L Sabo, Crystal Rice-Trujillo, Jacqueline Hernandez, Patrick F McDermott FEMS Pathogens and Disease , DOI: 10.1093/femspd/fty018 First published online: 01 March 2018
Biofilm growth and control in cooling water industrial systems F Di Pippo, L Di Gregorio, R Congestri, V Tandoi, S Rossetti FEMS Microbiology Ecology , DOI: 10.1093/femsec/fiy044 First published online: 01 May 2018
Novel sequencing technologies to support industrial biotechnology Adalberto Costessi, Bartholomeus van den Bogert, Ali May, Emiel Ver Loren van Themaat, Johannes A Roubos, Marc A B Kolkman, Derek Butler, Walter Pirovano FEMS Microbiology Letters , DOI: 10.1093/femsle/fny103 First published online: 01 August 2018
Influenza A virus subtype H9N2 infection disrupts the composition of intestinal microbiota of chickens Alexander Yitbarek, J Scott Weese, Tamiru Negash Alkie, John Parkinson, Shayan Sharif FEMS Microbiology Ecology , DOI: 10.1093/femsec/fix165 First published online: 01 January 2018
Pathogens, microbiome and the host: emergence of the ecological Koch's postulates Pascale Vonaesch, Mark Anderson, Philippe J Sansonetti FEMS Microbiology Reviews , DOI: 10.1093/femsre/fuy003 First published online: 09 January 2018
Talk to your gut: the oral-gut microbiome axis and its immunomodulatory role in the etiology of rheumatoid arthritis Marines du Teil Espina, Giorgio Gabarrini, Hermie J M Harmsen, Johanna Westra, Arie Jan van Winkelhoff, Jan Maarten van Dijl FEMS Microbiology Reviews , DOI: 10.1093/femsre/fuy035 First published online: 01 January 2019
Shift of hindgut microbiota and microbial short chain fatty acids profiles in dairy calves from birth to pre-weaning Yang Song, Nilusha Malmuthuge, Michael A Steele, Le Luo Guan FEMS Microbiology Ecology , DOI: 10.1093/femsec/fix179 First published online: 01 March 2018
The Smallest Intestine (TSI)- a low volume in vitro model of the small intenstine with increased throughput T Cieplak, M Wiese, S Nielsen, T Van de Wiele, F van den Berg, D S Nielsen FEMS Microbiology Letters , DOI: 10.1093/femsle/fny231 First published online: 01 November 2018
Saccharomyces cerevisiae variety diastaticus friend or foe? - spoilage potential and brewing ability of different Saccharomyces cerevisiae variety diastaticus yeast isolates by genetic, phenotypic and physiological characterization Tim Meier-Dörnberg, Oliver Ingo Kory, Fritz Jacob, Maximilian Michel, Mathias Hutzler FEMS Yeast Research , DOI: 10.1093/femsyr/foy023 First published online: 01 June 2018
Trans-regulation and localization of orthologous maltose transporters in the interspecies lager yeast hybrid Virve Vidgren, Brian Gibson FEMS Yeast Research , DOI: 10.1093/femsyr/foy065 First published online: 01 September 2018
Fermentation performances and aroma production of non-conventional wine yeasts are influenced by nitrogen preferences Stéphanie Rollero, Audrey Bloem, Anne Ortiz-Julien, Carole Camarasa, Benoit Divol FEMS Yeast Research , DOI: 10.1093/femsyr/foy055 First published online: 01 August 2018
Community-led comparative genomic and phenotypic analysis of the aquaculture pathogen Pseudomonas baetica a390T sequenced by Ion semiconductor and Nanopore technologies Ainsley Beaton, Cédric Lood, Edward Cunningham-Oakes, Alison MacFadyen, Alex J Mullins, Walid El Bestawy, João Botelho, Sylvie Chevalier, Shannon Coleman, Chloe Dalzell, Stephen K Dolan, Alberto Faccenda, Maarten G K Ghequire, Steven Higgins, Alexander Kutschera, Jordan Murray, Martha Redway, Talal Salih, Ana C da Silva, Brian A Smith, Nathan Smits, Ryan Thomson, Stuart Woodcock, Martin Welch, Pierre Cornelis, Rob Lavigne, Vera van Noort, Nicholas P Tucker FEMS Microbiology Letters , DOI: 10.1093/femsle/fny069 First published online: 01 May 2018
Antibiotic resistance phenotypes and virulence-associated genes in Escherichia coli isolated from animals and animal food products in Tunisia Souhir Badi, Paola Cremonesi, Mohamed Salah Abbassi, Chourouk Ibrahim, Majdi Snoussi, Giulia Bignoli, Mario Luini, Bianca Castiglioni, Abdennaceur Hassen FEMS Microbiology Letters , DOI: 10.1093/femsle/fny088 First published online: 01 May 2018
- Copyright © 2023
- About Oxford Academic
- Publish journals with us
- University press partners
- What we publish
- New features
- Open access
- Institutional account management
- Rights and permissions
- Get help with access
- Media enquiries
- Oxford University Press
- Oxford Languages
- University of Oxford
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford. It furthers the University's objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide
- Copyright © 2023 Oxford University Press
- Cookie settings
- Legal notice
This Feature Is Available To Subscribers Only
Sign In or Create an Account
This PDF is available to Subscribers Only
For full access to this pdf, sign in to an existing account, or purchase an annual subscription.
Ohio State nav bar
The Ohio State University
- Find People
- Search Ohio State
Graduate Research Topics
Discovery, biosynthesis, and chemical ecology of microbial natural products; bioactivity and mode of action of antibiotics; biocatalyst development
Top 50 Research Topics of Microbiology
Table of Contents
The microbiology sector has seen huge development over the years to what it is now. You might be well aware that our earth’s surface consists of a huge microbial diversity and these wide microbial communities are present in all nooks of the earth. They offer several services to our environment. Without microbial communities, the whole earth will be a different place to live in. This is the reason microbiological research is so vital.
Microbiology is one of the very actively researched grounds, that deal with the study of microorganisms starting from the eukaryotic fungi to single celled and various cell cluster organisms. Various courses like B.Sc., M. Sc., M. Phil and Ph.D in subjects like Microbiology , Biotechnology and Molecular Biology, students are doing projects for their thesis. Excluding these, students from other courses including B. Tech, M. Tech courses in Biotechnology , paramedical courses like Pharmacy (B. Pharm. and M. Pharm.) and even Medical are searching projects or thesis topics for microbiology. If you are thinking of starting a research or project work in microbiology, then you must be searching for a good topic. So we planned to make it somewhat simple and easy for you.
This article discusses about some of the top and current research topics on microbiology. Before coming to the lists of topics let’s have a brief discussion on some of the important and key tips that we should consider before finalizing a topic.
- We should remain more focused on our investigation which will help us in planning a very clear experiment and in getting very useful and pertinent data.
- We should choose a topic which will get easily manageable within the given time frame.
- One of the best tips is to initiate by formulating a hypothesis and then confirming it.
- The rate of success or failure depends on how well you are versed with the methodology.
We also provide Labmonk notes on some subjects on our platform. Click here to check out . If you are interested to share your notes on this platform please contact us.
Click the page numbers below to read more on this topic.
12 thoughts on “Top 50 Research Topics of Microbiology”
Thank you for sharing, fantastic blog…
I like this site its a master peace ! .
was helpful thanks
I need Bsc research titel
Yes,I interested in discussion
Yes, I interested in microbiology discussion
Can anyone suggest a topic for research in Microbiology!
It’s indeed fantastic!
Labmonk is like Alexandra Elbakyan of India… Breaking barriers for learners… More to go Monk
Hello sir Research topic for microbiology and study of microbiology
Leave a Comment Cancel reply
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Home > Life Sciences > Microbiology and Molecular Biology > Theses and Dissertations
Microbiology and Molecular Biology Theses and Dissertations
Theses/dissertations from 2023 2023.
Halophilic Genes that Impact Plant Growth in Saline Soils , Mckay A. Meinzer
Theses/Dissertations from 2022 2022
Biofilm Characterization and the Potential Role of eDNA in Horizontal Gene Transfer in Hospital and Meat Isolates of Staphylococcus aureus and Their Biofilms , Ashley Lynne Ball
The Effects of Polymorphisms of Viral Protein R of HIV-1 on the Induction of Apoptosis in Primary Cells and the Characterization of Twelve Novel Bacillus anthracis Bacteriophage , Jacob D. Fairholm
Analysis of the Cytopathogenic Effect of Different HIV-1 Vpr Isoforms on Primary Human CD4+ T Cells and a Model Cell Line , Jonatan Josue Fierro Nieves
The Role of Chitinase A in Mastitis-Associated Escherichia coli Pathogenesis , Weston D. Hutchison
Big Data Meta-Analyses of Transcriptional Responses of Human Samples to Orthohantavirus Infection and Shotgun Metagenomics From Crohn's Disease Patients. , John L. Krapohl
An Exploration of Factors that Impact Uptake of Human Papillomavirus Vaccines , David Samuel Redd
Genomic Analysis and Therapeutic Development of Bacteriophages to Treat Bacterial Infections and Parasitic Infestations , Daniel W. Thompson
The Use of Nucleotide Salvage Pathway Enzymes as Suitable Tumor Targets for Antibody-Based and Adoptive Cell Therapies , Edwin J. Velazquez
Comparative Sequence Analysis Elucidates the Evolutionary Patterns of Yersinia pestis in New Mexico over Thirty-Two Years , M. Elizabeth Warren
Regulation of T Cell Activation by the CD5 Co-Receptor and Altered Peptides, Characterization of Thymidine Kinase-Specific Antibodies, and Integrating Genomics Education in Society , Kiara Vaden Whitley
Theses/Dissertations from 2021 2021
Evolution and Selection: From Suppression of Metabolic Deficiencies to Bacteriophage Host Range and Resistance , Daniel Kurt Arens
Identifying Sinorhizobium meliloti Genes that Determine Fitness Outcomes , Alexander B. Benedict
Pushing the Limits of SARS-CoV-2 Survival: How SARS-CoV-2 Responds to Quaternary Ammonium Compounds and Wastewater , Benjamin Hawthorne Ogilvie
Mutations in HIV-1 Vpr Affect Pathogenesis in T-Lymphocytes and Novel Strategies to Contain the Current COVID-19 Pandemic , Antonio Solis Leal
Theses/Dissertations from 2020 2020
Staphylococcus aureus Metal Acquisition in Milk and Mammary Gland Tissue , Shalee Killpack Carlson
Antimicrobial Peptide Development: From Massively Parallel Peptide Sequencing to Bioinformatic Motif Identification , Alexander K. Erikson
A Comparison of Chikungunya Virus Infection, Dissemination, and Cytokine Induction in Human and Murine Macrophages and Characterization of RAG2-/-γc-/- Mice as an Animal Model to Study Neurotropic Chikungunya Disease , Israel Guerrero
The Effects of Immune Regulation and Dysregulation: Helper T Cell Receptor Affinity, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and Cancer Risk, and Vaccine Hesitancy , Deborah K. Johnson
Identification of Genes that Determine Fitness, Virulence, and Disease Outcomes in Mastitis Associated Eschericia coli , Michael Andrew Olson
Theses/Dissertations from 2019 2019
Investigation of Thymidine Kinase 1 in Cancer Progression , Eliza Esther King Bitter
Ribosomally Synthesized and Post-Translationally Modified Peptides as Potential Scaffolds for Peptide Engineering , Devan Bursey
Bioaerosols Associated with Evaporative Cooler Use in Low-Income Homes in Semi-Arid Climates , Ashlin Elaine Cowger
PAS Kinase and TOR, Controllers of Cell Growth and Proliferation , Brooke Jasmyn Cozzens
Regulation of Immune Cell Activation and Functionby the nBMPp2 Protein andthe CD5 Co-Receptor , Claudia Mercedes Freitas
Characterizing Novel Pathways for Regulation and Function of Ataxin-2 , Elise Spencer Melhado
Interactions Between the Organellar Pol1A, Pol1B, and Twinkle DNA Replication Proteins and Their Role in Plant Organelle DNA Replication , Stewart Anthony Morley
SNFing Glucose to PASs Mitochondrial Dysfunction: The Role of Two Sensory Protein Kinases in Metabolic Diseases , Kai Li Ong
Characterizing the Function of PAS kinase in Cellular Metabolism and Neurodegenerative Disease , Jenny Adele Pape
Isolation, Characterization, and Genomic Comparison of Bacteriophages of Enterobacteriales Order , Ruchira Sharma
Isolation, Genetic Characterization and Clinical Application of Bacteriophages of Pathogenic Bacterial Species , Trever Leon Thurgood
Investigation of Therapeutic Immune Cell Metabolism , Josephine Anna Tueller
Theses/Dissertations from 2018 2018
Innate Immune Cell Phenotypes Are Dictated by Distinct Epigenetic Reprogramming , Kevin Douglas Adams
Bacteriophages for Treating American Foulbrood and the Neutralization of Paenibacillus larvae Spores , Thomas Scott Brady
Methods for Detection of and Therapy for Carbapenem-Resistant Enterobacteriaceae , Olivia Tateoka Brown
The Diversity Found Among Carbapenem-Resistant Bacteria , Galen Edward Card
Exploration of Antimicrobial Activity in Natural Peptides and High-Throughput Discovery of Synthetic Peptides , Emma Kay Dallon
Gut Microbiota Regulates the Interplay Between Diet and Genetics to Influence Insulin Resistance , Jeralyn Jones Franson
The Antimicrobial Properties of Honey and Their Effect on Pathogenic Bacteria , Shreena Himanshu Mody
The Ability of Novel Phage to Infect Virulent Bacillus anthracis Isolates , Hyrum Smith Shumway
Galleria Mellonella as an Alternate Infection Model for Burkholderia Species and a Comparison of Suspension and Surface Test Methods for Evaluating Sporicidal Efficacy , Joseph D. Thiriot
The Clinical Significance of HPRT as a Diagnostic and Therapeutic Biomarker for Hematological and Solid Malignancies , Michelle Hannah Townsend
Biomarker Analysis and Clinical Relevance of Thymidine Kinase 1 in Solid and Hematological Malignancies , Evita Giraldez Weagel
Hospital and meat associated Staphylococcus aureus and Their Biofilm Characteristics , Trevor Michael Wienclaw
Theses/Dissertations from 2017 2017
Comparison of Cytokine Expression and Bacterial Growth During Periparturient and Mid Lactation Mastitis in a Mouse Model , Rhonda Nicole Chronis
Influence of Epstein-Barr Virus on Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Disease Development and the Role of Depression on Disease Progression , Caleb Cornaby
The Effects of Nucleosome Positioning and Chromatin Architecture on Transgene Expression , Colton E. Kempton
Phosphate Signaling Through Alternate Conformations of the PstSCAB Phosphate Transporter , Ramesh Krishna Vuppada
Acetobacter fabarum Genes Influencing Drosophila melanogaster Phenotypes , Kylie MaKay White
Theses/Dissertations from 2016 2016
The Path to Understanding Salt Tolerance: Global Profiling of Genes Using Transcriptomics of the Halophyte Suaeda fruticosa , Joann Diray Arce
Genetic and Biochemical Analysis of the Micrococcin Biosynthetic Pathway , Philip Ross Bennallack
Characterizing Interaction Between PASK and PBP1/ ATXN2 to Regulate Cell Growth and Proliferation , Nidhi Rajan Choksi
The Activity of Alkaline Glutaraldehyde Against Bacterial Endospores and Select Non-Enveloped Viruses , Justen Thalmus Despain
The Role of Viral Interleukin-6 in Tumor Development of Kaposi's Sarcoma-Associated Herpesvirus Lymphomas , Rebecca A. Fullwood
The Role of the Transcriptional Antiterminator RfaH in Lipopolysaccharide Synthesis, Resistance to Antimicrobial Peptides, and Virulence of Yersinia pseudotuberculosis and Yersinia pestis , Jared Michael Hoffman
A CryAB Interactome Reveals Clientele Specificity and Dysfunction of Mutants Associated with Human Disease , Whitney Katherine Hoopes
The pmrHFIJKLM Operon in Yersinia pseudotuberculosis Enhances Resistance to CCL28 and Promotes Phagocytic Engulfment by Neutrophils , Lauren Elizabeth Johnson
Characterization of Five Brevibacillus Bacteriophages and Their Genomes , Michael Allen Sheflo
Analysis of Nucleosome Isolation and Recovery: From In Silico Invitrosomes to In Vivo Nucleosomes , Collin Brendan Skousen
Human Herpesvirus 6A Infection and Immunopathogenesis in Humanized Rag2 -/-γc-/- Mice and Relevance to HIV/AIDS and Autoimmunity , Anne Tanner
Theses/Dissertations from 2015 2015
Identifying and Characterizing Yeast PAS Kinase 1 Substrates Reveals Regulation of Mitochondrial and Cell Growth Pathways , Desiree DeMille
The Detection and Molecular Evolution of Francisella tularensis Subspecies , Mark K. Gunnell
Isolation and Host Range of Staphylococcus aureus Bacteriophages and Use for Decontamination of Fomites , Kyle C. Jensen
The Antioxidant and DNA Repair Capacities of Resveratrol, Piceatannol, and Pterostilbene , Justin Ryan Livingston
High Salinity Stabilizes Bacterial Community Composition and Activity Through Time , Tylan Wayne Magnusson
Advancing Phage Genomics and Honeybee Health Through Discovery and Characterization of Paenibacillaceae Bacteriophages , Bryan Douglas Merrill
Specialized Replication Operons Control Rhizobial Plasmid Copy Number in Developing Symbiotic Cells , Clarice Lorraine Perry
Gene Networks Involved in Competitive Root Colonization and Nodulation in the Sinorhizobium meliloti-Medicago truncatula Symbiosis , Ryan D. VanYperen
Theses/Dissertations from 2014 2014
Snf1 Mediated Phosphorylation and Activation of PAS Kinase , Bryan D. Badal
Studies of PhoU in Escherichia coli: Metal Binding, Dimerization,Protein/Protein Interactions, and a Signaling Complex Model , Stewart G. Gardner
Pharmacologic Immunomodulation of Macrophage Activation by Caffeine , Ryan Perry Steck
Analysis of Nucleosome Mobility, Fragility, and Recovery: From Embryonic Stem Cells to Invitrosomes , Ashley Nicolle Wright
Enhancing Protein and Enzyme Stability Through Rationally Engineered Site-Specific Immobilization Utilizing Non-Canonical Amino Acids , Jeffrey Chun Wu
Theses/Dissertations from 2013 2013
Thymidine Kinase 1: Diagnostic and Prognostic Significance in Malignancy , Melissa Marie Alegre
Promoter Polymorphisms in Interferon Regulatory Factor 5 , Daniel N. Clark
Modulators of Symbiotic Outcome in Sinorhizobium meliloti , Matthew B. Crook
Evidences for Protein-Protein Interactions Between PstB and PhoU in the Phosphate Signaling Complex of Escherichia coli , Kristine Dawn Johns
Identification of the Binding Partners for HspB2 and CryAB Reveals Myofibril and Mitochondrial Protein Interactions and Non-Redundant Roles for Small Heat Shock Proteins , Kelsey Murphey Langston
A Quadruplex Real-Time PCR Assay for the Rapid Detection and Differentiation of the Burkholderia pseudomallei Complex: B. mallei , B. pseudomallei , and B. thailandensis , Chinn-woan Lowe
The Role of Nuclear BMP2 in the Cell Cycle and Tumorigenesis , Brandt Alan Nichols
Nuclear BMP2 and the Immune Response , Daniel S. Olsen
Hypersaline Lake Environments Exhibit Reduced Microbial Dormancy , Joshua Christopher Vert
Theses/Dissertations from 2012 2012
Characterization of the Cellular and Organellar Dynamics that Occur with a Partial Depletion of Mitochondrial DNA when Arabidopsis Organellar DNA Polymerase IB is Mutated , John D. Cupp
Effect of Antioxidants and Oxidative Stress on Different Cancer Cell Types , Gaytri Devi Gupta Elera
Effects of Chemical Stimulation and Tumor Co-Incubation on Macrophage Activation and Aggressiveness, Measured Through Phagocytosis and Respiratory Burst , Bo Marcus Gustafsson
Loss of the Lipopolysaccharide Core Biosynthesis rfaD Gene Increases Antimicrobial Chemokine Binding and Bacterial Susceptibility to CCL28 and Polymyxin: A Model for Understanding the Interface of Antimicrobial Chemokines and Bacterial Host Defense Avoidance Mechanisms , Cynthia S. Lew
Partial Characterization of the Antimicrobial Activity of CCL28 , Bin Liu
Characterizing the Role of HspB2 in Cardiac Metabolism and Muscle Structure Using Yeast and Mammalian Systems , Jonathan Paul Neubert
Humanized Mice as a Model to Study Human Viral Pathogenesis and Novel Antiviral Drugs , Freddy Mauricio Sanchez Tumbaco
Transgene Delivery via Microelectromechanical Systems , Aubrey Marie Mueller Wilson
Theses/Dissertations from 2011 2011
Antioxidants in Cancer Research and Prevention: Assay Comparison, Structure-Function Analysis, and Food Product Analysis , Andrew Robert Garrett
Characterization of the Role Nuclear Bmp2 (nBmp2) Plays in Regulating Gene Expression , Fialka Grigorova
Theses/Dissertations from 2010 2010
Effects of Diabetic State and Gender on Pro-Inflammatory Cytokine Secretion by Human Macrophages Infected with Burkholderia pseudomallei , Annette J. Blam
Organellar DNA Polymerases Gamma I and II in Arabidopsis thaliana , Jeffrey M. Brammer
Determining the Function of Nuclear Bmp4 , Trina Jane Loos
Interactions of Burkholderia pseudomallei and Acanthamoeba castellanii and Their Effects on Virulence in Human Monocytes , Emily Ann Moore
Gene Expression Patterns in Flea Vectors of Yersinia pestis , Wei Zhou
Theses/Dissertations from 2009 2009
BPV Entry and Trafficking in EBTr Cells , Enkhmart Dudleenamjil
PART 1: Screening of Thirty-one Medicinal Plant Species Against Herpes Simplex Virus, Acetone and Methanol Extracts from the Root Tissue of Kalanchoe pinnata Interferes with HSV Types 1 and 2 DNA replication and Early and Late Gene Expression Preventing the Spread of HSV in vitro . PART 2: Professional Development Curriculum: Integrating Molecular Biology and Microbiology into the Existing Secondary Biology Curricula , Mary Ruth Greer
Cis-regulatory Sequence and Co-regulatory Transcription Factor Functions in ERα-Mediated Transcriptional Repression , Richard LeRoy Smith
- Notify me via email or RSS
ScholarsArchive ISSN: 2572-4479
- Scholarly Communication
- Additional Collections
- Academic Research Blog
Hosted by the.
- Harold B. Lee Library
Home | About | FAQ | My Account | Accessibility Statement
Microbiology is the study of living organisms of microscopic size.
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
Dissertation topics for microbiology students..
- Evaluation of possible bacterial hosts for bacteriophage in soil and aquatic environments.
- Comparative study about antimicrobial activity of tea tree oil , lemon grass oil and Peppermint oil.
- Discovering probiotic bacteria from soil and aquatic environment .
- Efficacy of VAM on Black rot disease in sugarcane.
- Efficacy of VAM on Brown spot disease in sugarcane.
- Physico , chemical, Bacteriological Analysis Of Well Water in Madurai District..
- Isolation And Characteristics Of An Antibiotics Producing Bacterium Collected From soil of Madurai..
- Onion Is Associated With Micro-Organisms Which Are Capable Of Causing Spoilage.
- Bacterial Contaminants Associated With Commercial Poultry Feed From Three Different Companies
- Study of air microflora of Chennai and its seasonal and locational variation
- Comparison of the efficacy of ordinary washing and thorough cosmetic hand washing in the removal of faecal bacteria.
- Microbiological quality assessment of some brands of cosmetics
- Microbiological quality and preservative capacity of commonly available cosmetics in Tamil Nadu, India.
- Assessment of Microbial quality of commercial herbal cosmetics.
- Microbiological profile of selected samples of "Himalaya" eye cosmetics in Tamil Nadu provinces before and after use.
- Bacteriological profile of skin- moisturizing creams and lotions during use
- The antifungal action of dandruff shampoos.
- The effects of a shampoo containing zinc pyrithione on the control of dandruff.
- Microbiological Examination Of Fresh Milk Sold In Madurai
- Comparative Analysis Of Microbial Load Of The Madurai and Chennai Main Water Production.
- Comparative Study on performance of waste water treatment plant on two different industries.
- Microbiological study of paper industries influent
- Comparative study on Bacteriological and mycological profile of fresh vegetables of Madurai and Chennai .
- Microbiology and chemical analysis of food beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) at Chennai.
- Bacteriological analysis of fish and its environment and enzymatic activities of fish isolates
- Bacteriological study of icecream of Chennai .
- Using natural products and essential oils as an alternative for reducing microorganisms toxins in crops, fruits and processed foods
- Comparative Study Of Disinfectant Efficiency Of Ethanol, Bleach And Phenolics Against Pseudomonas Aeruginosa And Staphylococcus Aureus
- The Incidence Of Candidiasis Among Single And Married Women Of Different Age Group
- Isolation And Identification Of Bacteria Associated With Wound Sepsis
- Antimicrobial Activity of Medicinal Plants against
- Study of Anaerobes Vs Aerobes in Wound Infections
It is the best one article which contains much information… So share more about dissertation topic. Dissertation Proposal Topics
Hai.. You have posted such a nice blog.. i like your way of explanation.. Thank you for sharing with us.. dissertation topics
This comment has been removed by the author.
That's really great list of topics to write a dissertation on Microbiology topic. I am sure that list will be very useful for Microbiology students those are looking for topics to write their dissertation. professional dissertation writers
Exposition composing is a standout amongst the most difficult undertakings that each understudy appearances amid his graduation course. An exposition is doled out as a last year undertaking, and it chooses the last scholastic evaluations for an understudy. coursework writing service
Essay writing is one of the important one. It have a proper structure and writing rules also. an essay writing provides a complete details about a topic in a proper manner. Essay origin is one of the best essay writing service that helps to know about the purpose of the essay writing. It's called Evolution Writers Good luck!
Excellent information shared. One can also get the details of best architecture schools only at SMMCA Nagpur.
Thanks for sharing post. It is really good one which provide enough information to explore about given topic. Good luck. Coursework writing services
Do you wait until the last minute before undertaking tasks and assignments? Most people will procrastinate until they can wait no more and then rush to beat the deadline. When it comes to taxes, there are quite some pitfalls of taking this route. free cpm
Yes, great US Military force. Also, in his post you have given a chance to listen about US Military. I really appreciate your work. Thanks for sharing it. entrance exam result 2018
Thanks for sharing information about dissertation topic. Really Superb! one which provide lot of information to explore about given topic. Nice! Masters Dissertation Writing Services UK
Good stuff that you have shared here. We will have more informative and helping news from you. PhD topic selection help
I am happy after reading your post that you have posted in this blog. Thanks for this wonderful post and hoping to post more of this. I am looking for your next update. Home Tutors in Delhi | Home Tuition Services
Wow! this is Amazing! Do you know your hidden name meaning ? Click here to find your hidden name meaning
Everyone participating in anything has to start somewhere, Architecture services in kanpur in this industry you will undoubtedly start small and if you put time and effort into your blog you may become successful. Most small time bloggers will use free blog hosting services and this I think is a great platform for inexperienced bloggers and people whom are trying to get a feel of how the Photo background removal services whole blog industry and system works With an independent blog web development kanpur site you must have paid hosting, knowledge of scripts and plugins etc in order to provide a decent platform for your blog audience whereas here you can put your sole focus onto providing top quality content and all the back Clipping path services company end technical stuff is covered. The main advantages of having a free blog hosting Thetodaytalk.com service is that if your blog does not become popular or successful you have not lost out. No costs incurred apart from the time you invested into writing the content.
The essay is the most important part of a college application, so you need to focus and make a good essay to convince the university accept you. You even get help from essay writing expert to ensure you acceptance. Check out, please WritePaper.Info
I want to know about bioremediation,nanotechnology, and Tissue culture related topics
you have a very excellent weblog here! want to earn some invite posts on my blog? Dissertation Writing. Services
Amazing stuff. Thanks. Vibes
thanks for sharing this blog post. checkout my website: https://alsharqtech.com/en
thanks for sharing checkout this website https://alsharqtech.com/en
These are just potential dissertation topics, and discussing and refining your research interests with your academic advisor or mentor is essential to align them with your specific goals and resources available. affordable resume writing services
شركة تلميع سيارات بالرياض شركة غسيل سيارات بالرياض شركة تلميع سيارات بجنوب الرياض شركة تلميع سيارات بشمال بالرياض شركة عزل حراري وتظليل للسيارات بالرياض شركة تظليل واجهات الزجاج بالرياض
- Boosting essay writing skills
- Purpose of an explanatory essay
- Where to buy a custom paper
- How to get free samples
- Searching for cheap essays
- Synthesis essay writing tips
- Crafting an argumentative paper
- Who can write an essay for cheap?
- Essay about a modest proposal
- Creating a 2000-word paper
- Sylvia Plath: sample essay
- Novel evaluation writing basics
- Writing on youth empowerment
- Essay about an interview
- Narrative composition paper
- Essay sample on media & crime
- Narrative response writing manual
- Hiring a writing service for cheap
- Out-tasking dissertation writing
- Picking a decent thesis agency
- Modern history dissertation
- Getting a law thesis sample
- What is a dissertation submission
- Writing a thesis paper hypothesis
- Microbiology dissertation topics
- Criminal justice thesis proposal
- Creating a dissertation introduction
- How to write acknowledgements
- Philosophy thesis writing help
- Getting a hypothesis part example
- Biology dissertation writing secrets
- Editing tactics & strategies
- MBA dissertation topic ideas
- Writing on employee engagement
- Thesis about job satisfaction
- Dissertation conclusion example
- Hiring a custom thesis writer
- Who can help me write a paper?
- The Great Gatsby
- Child development
- Fahrenheit 451
- Annexation of Crimea
- Lord of the Flies
- Texting while driving
- Tragedy of Hamlet
- Structural engineering
- Quality management
- Buying papers
to discuss the difficulties of dissertation writing
Microbiology Dissertation Topics: How To Find A Good Idea
Microbiology is a great topic to cover for your dissertation, and you can find some great ideas online. There are so many different things you can cover that it will be easy to find a topic. Below, you will be given some general topics that you can cover, and once you start doing research on the subjects, it will take no time to find a specific topic. There will be some other topics included with the general topics to help you get an idea of the kind of topics that you can cover on the subject. You could also look up examples of other microbiology papers to help you understand how to cover the subject that you pick.
- You could do your paper on recent discoveries that have been made. This includes topics like flu shot shortages, antibacterial products, the antibacterial effects of certain spices, and so on.
- Another great topic is the emerging infectious diseases that are happening, like Hepatitis C and SARS.
- Bioterrorism is also a good topic; you can look at what kind of concerns like anthrax and smallpox have on people. You can also look at vaccines and antibiotics and how a shortage can have devastating effects.
- Pathogens and how they can be linked to chronic diseases like Crohn’s disease, infertility, STDS, and so on.
- Pathogens can also be linked to malignant cancers like Leukemia, Papillomavirus, and herpes virus.
- Pathogenesis, pick a bacteria or virus to study.
- Biotechnology, including creating pharmaceutical products by using bacteria.
- Epidemiology is studying how foodborne illnesses are tracked and study how outbreaks start.
- Pick a bacteria and examine how it affects you body. This can be microbiota, bacteria, probiotics, and so on.
These are more than enough topics to help you get started on your microbiology dissertation. You will want to make sure that you follow all of the directions for your paper since the format and preparation can vary from school to school. And if you need extra help with formatting or just general information on how to write it then you should search for help online. There you will find all of the information that you need to write a great paper and if you still need help, don’t be afraid to ask your advisor to help you. You picked them for a reason, and they want to see you succeed.
- What to know about a response essay
- Developing creative essay writing techniques
- Looking for a good essay writer online
- Paper on technology kills traditional skills
- Getting a visual rhetorical analysis essay sample
- What is a custom paper writing agency?
- Executive MBA essay example
- Writing about water pollution
- Crafting an essay on the positive effect of technology
- Finding an expert writer to complete my thesis
- Looking for a competent academic writer
- Scholarship paper formatting rules
- Starting an expository essay
- Creating an MLA format college essay
- Expository essay in the APA style
Paper Topics for Microbiology: Bacteria and Viruses
You may want to start your paper by choosing a specific bacterium, Archean, or virus and subsequently focus to something you find particularly interesting about that organism. Alternatively, you may want to choose a current issue or problem in microbiology and focus on the problem, covering the relevant organism from that perspective. However, it is absolutely required that you discuss the pertinent biology of the organisms you are studying in your paper.
Please talk to the instructors and we can provide you with more specifics on the topics listed below. Please do not feel constrained by these suggestions. Follow your own creative idea!
Flu vaccine shortages
Bacteria with cytoskeletons/evolutionary tree
Biofilm formation in disease, the environment, or industry
Quorum sensing: how bacteria communicate
Development in prokaryotes- spore formation, Caulobacter , Myxococcus , Streptomyces
Life in extreme environments
Biodegradation of anthropogenic compounds (PCB's, dioxins pesticides, etc.) by bacteria
Evolution of life
Antibiotic/antiviral resistance mechanisms
How to prevent antibiotic resistance
Symbiotic relationships between bacteria and other organisms
Viable, but non-culturable organisms
Anti-bacterial effects of spices
Emerging infectious diseases
Increase in hepatitis C
Mad cow disease (BSE)
Norwalk viruses and cruise ship outbreaks
Pathogenesis of agents of concern- anthrax, smallpox, etc.
Preparedness response- vaccines, antibiotic stockpiling, drills
Pathogens and links to chronic disease
Helicobacter pylori and ulcers
Chlamydia pneumoniae and heart disease
Chlamydia and infertility
Pathogens and links to malignancy
Human herpes virus and Kaposi sarcoma
Papilloma virus and cervical cancer
Human T cell leukemia virus and leukemia
Epstein Barr virus and lymphoproloferative disorders
Pathogenesis (many bacteria and viruses can be examined in this context)
Novel pharmaceutical products from bacteria or Archaea from extreme environments.
Gene therapy using viral vectors
Level 4 labs
Use of PCR and DNA fingerprinting for characterization of bacterial communities in soil, biofilms or host environments.
Production or biodegradation of PHVB's (i.e., biodegradable plastics) by bacteria.
Identifying and following an outbreak
Tracking foodborne pathogens
Molecular methods for identifying microbes
Bacteria and your body
Use of botulinum toxin for cosmetic purposes
Acne and bacteria
Normal microbiota and prevention of disease
Flatulence, intestinal bacteria, and probiotics
91 Microbiology Essay Topic Ideas & Examples
🏆 best microbiology topic ideas & essay examples, 🎓 interesting topics to write about microbiology, 📌 good essay topics on microbiology, ❓ microbiology research questions, 💯 free microbiology essay topic generator.
- Nasal Carriage of Staphylococcus Aureus in Microbiology Students The escalation in the prevalence and gravity of staphylococcal contagions necessitates assessing the burden of asymptomatic carriage of Staphylococcus aureus in the community setting.
- Microbiologist as a Career in Bioscience Moreover, I believe that in this way I can help people by making discoveries that can be used in medicine, agriculture, food production. This experience can help me in the future especially when I will […]
- Medical Microbiology Interests This is in regard to the nature of cancer cells in the sense that some develop as a result of genetic mutations.
- Soil Microbiology Consultancy as to Eveleigh Hills The purpose of this report is to analyse and evaluate the biological properties of Eveleigh Hills soil for use in land cultivation.
- Hibiscus Macaroon: Chemical and Microbiological Analysis The method of evaporation and drying was used in assessing the moisture content of food. 755g in every 100g of the food sample.
- Microbiology. AIDS Vaccine Studies: Different Developments Strategy So far there is no practical hope that ongoing AIDS vaccine development will produce tangible results, According to one of the leading AIDS vaccine expert Mr. Clinical trials will have to continue as they will […]
- Microbiology. Parasitic Worm Trichuris Trichiura It is thought to be carried by nearly one-quarter of the world’s population, with a prominent presence in tropical Asia followed by Africa and South America.
- Introduction to Microbiology: Escherichia Coli This type of E.coli is included in a class of dangerous E.coli, called enterohemorrhagic.E.coli O157:H7 was discovered in 1982, during a severe outbreak of bloody diarrhea, associated with the consumption of contaminated hamburgers. The hemolytic […]
- Microbiological Methods for Assessing Soil Quality The parameters used in the research were mean mass remaining, edge of the forest, age of the forest, and the abundance of the invertebrate organisms.
- Microbial Groups and Golden Age of Microbiology From all groups of microscopic organisms, representatives of the bacterial and archaean world do not have a nucleus, for this reason, bacteria and archaea are considered prokaryotic cells.
- Microbiology: Organometallic Chemistry Since the transfer takes place in a reaction there is always emission of energy. It is the main distinction in genome.
- Louis Pasteur: an Outstandimg Chemist and Microbiologist There was also a need from the people for the increase in the periods of storage of food. One of the greatest objectives of Louis was to craft France to be the most successful state […]
- Environmental Microbiology Overview When managed properly in accordance with the five principles of good management, they provide a number of benefits that include: Detoxification of wastewater Capturing renewable resources such as energy and water Sensing pathogens in the […]
- Microbiological Examination for Specific Food Borne Pathogens The count for S.aureus using the spread plate method was 1. It was positive in the S.aureus and negative in S.epidermidis.
- Microbiology. Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome At the onset of the disease outbreak, the immediate number of death cases amounted to 774. The most notable spread of the disease is through the air.
- Microbiologic Exposure The transmission of disease requires the interaction of the environment, an agent, and the host of the disease. The following essay highlights some of the infections that may be acquired from an individual coughing in […]
- Microbiological View of HIV Epidemic and Possibility of Discovering Its Cure The glycoprotein facilitates attachment and fusion of the virus to human cell membrane. In Golgi complex it is cleaved by protease and proceased in to human immunodeficiency virus and released.
- Medical Microbiology and Immunology: Vibrio Cholera Polymorphism in the LPLUNC1 gene, which is associated with increased susceptibility to cholera, increases the risk of infection. Vibrio cholera in the intestines is excreted with each diarrhea to the environment, hence rapidly spreading to […]
- Microbiological Studies, Applications, and Current Discoveries In addition, there have been studies at the level of genes and proteins known as molecular biology and at the level of community which is referred to as epidemiological and ecological microbiology.
- Microbiological Identification: BIOLOG System Application The microplate indicated a good match with the organism an ID appeared in the bar area, which is green in color, at the middle of the screen which is at the pinnacle of the results […]
- Microbiology: Zygomycota, Ascomycota and Basidiomycota This leads to the growth of gametangia that results in the fusion of the cytoplasm. These Ascomycota are to be found in conidia, at the end of the hyphae.
- Unknown Bacteria Under Microbiology Lab Tests The mixture of water and medium was then poured into the petri dish and swirled to completely cover the surface. The colour of the colony was then observed.
- Microbiology and Its Role in Healthcare Microbiology, as a broad scientific field, entails an array of concepts and issues that are of pivotal relevance to health care as a whole and the science of pathophysiology, in particular.
- Microbiology: Aspects of E Coli E Coli is a common type of bacteria that is found in the intestines of human beings and the gut of several animals.
- A Lab Report for Microbiology Class The main advantage of this microbiological method is the different concentrations of nutrients and oxygen at different levels of the depth of the beaker: this allows bacteria with different aerotolerant needs to grow.
- Microbiological Analysis: Lab Report This type of medium is standardly used to isolate Gram-negative bacteria, with a source of nutrients in the form of carbon and nitrogen from the casein hydrolysate that is part of the C-CNA.
- Microbiology: Influenza Viruses The virus uses the HA spikes on its envelope to attach to the sialic acid receptors on the epithelial cells. The HA spike proteins assist the virus in attaching to the lower respiratory tract epithelium.
- Microbiology and Its Significance to Food Safety
- The Link Between Soil Microbiology and Microbial Growth
- Current and Future Implications of Industrial Microbiology
- Disinfectants Used Within Microbiology Laboratory
- Environmental Microbiology: Positive and Negative Effects of Algae Utilization
- The Common Denominator Between Microplastics and Microbiology
- Extracellular Chromatin Traps Interconnect Cell Biology, Microbiology, and Immunology
- Fanny and Hesse Early Contributors to Microbiology
- History and Concerns Related to Applied Microbiology
- How Microbiology Helps Define the Rhizome of Life
- Louis Pasteur: The Father of Microbiology
- The Link Between Medical Microbiology and Immunology
- Microbial Risk Assessment: Application of Predictive Microbiology in the Food Industry
- Microbiology: Allergy and Common Skin Reactions
- The Link Between Microbiology, Enzymology, and Catalytic Metabolism
- Importance of Microbiology for Environmental Engineering
- Microbiology: Microorganisms That Co-exist With Life on Earth
- Milk Products: Clinical Microbiology Procedures
- Penicillin and Its Impact on Microbiology
- The Relations Between Personal Hygiene and Susceptibility Microbiology
- Stripping Away the Soil: Plant Growth Promoting Microbiology Opportunities in Aquaponics
- Technological Microbiology: Development and Applications
- The Early Life and Times of Microbiology Pioneer, Salvador Luria
- Potential Risks of the Antimicrobial Agents on Human and Animal Health
- The Reaction of Immune System on Parasites and Bacteria
- Bioterrorism – Bioweapons Limit With Technological Developments
- The Future of Microbiology Research, Both Theoretically and Technologically
- The Link Between Climate Change and the Spread of Zika Virus
- Characterization of a Lactobacillus Brevis Strain With Potential Oral
- Microbiology: Issues of Bioterrorism and Biowarfare
- Microbiology Role in Addressing Antibiotic Resistance
- Culturing a Micro-Organism Using Aseptic Technique
- Antimicrobial Activity of Foods with Different Physio-Chemical Characteristics
- Microbiology of Salted Fishery Product
- Image Interpretation in the Era of Super-Resolution Microscopy
- Louis Pasteur and the Importance of Microbiology
- Restriction-Modification Cellular Microbiology
- Applied Microbiology – Biofuels Generation Using Microorganisms
- Microscope Invention and Its Effect on Microbiology Knowledge
- Microbiology Role in Food Industries and Pharmaceutical
- What Is the Study of Microbiology?
- What Is Microbiology Used For?
- Is Microbiology Good Career?
- How Difficult Is Microbiology?
- Where Can a Microbiology Work?
- Why Do People Choose Microbiology?
- Is Microbiology Stressful Job?
- Is Microbiology Equivalent to Zoology?
- What Is Bacteriology Microbiology?
- Is Microbiology Better Than Nursing?
- Is Microbiology High Paying?
- What Are the Main Topics of Microbiology?
- Who Is the Main Father of Microbiology?
- What Are Microbiology Branches?
- What Is the Purpose of Microbiology?
- What Is Pure Microbiology?
- What Are the Major Events in the Early History of Microbiology?
- What Is the Definition of Microbiology?
- How Do the Study of Public Health Microbiology and Medical Microbiology Differ?
- Which Field of Microbiology Is Best?
- What Is the Highest Paying Job in Microbiology?
- What Are the Subjects in Microbiology?
- Which Is Better Pharmacy or Microbiology?
- What Is the Most Important Thing in Microbiology?
- Chicago (N-B)
- Chicago (A-D)
IvyPanda. (2023, July 20). 91 Microbiology Essay Topic Ideas & Examples. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/microbiology-essay-topics/
IvyPanda. (2023, July 20). 91 Microbiology Essay Topic Ideas & Examples. Retrieved from https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/microbiology-essay-topics/
"91 Microbiology Essay Topic Ideas & Examples." IvyPanda , 20 July 2023, ivypanda.com/essays/topic/microbiology-essay-topics/.
1. IvyPanda . "91 Microbiology Essay Topic Ideas & Examples." July 20, 2023. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/microbiology-essay-topics/.
IvyPanda . "91 Microbiology Essay Topic Ideas & Examples." July 20, 2023. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/microbiology-essay-topics/.
IvyPanda . 2023. "91 Microbiology Essay Topic Ideas & Examples." July 20, 2023. https://ivypanda.com/essays/topic/microbiology-essay-topics/.
IvyPanda . (2023) '91 Microbiology Essay Topic Ideas & Examples'. 20 July.
- Biochemistry Research Topics
- Dermatology Topics
- Infection Essay Ideas
- Immunization Paper Topics
- Vaccination Research Topics
- Allergy Research Ideas
- Influenza Topics
- Pandemic Ideas
- Viruses Research Topics
- Pneumonia Questions
- Swine Flu Questions
- Chlamydia Paper Topics
- Antibiotic Ideas
- Health Promotion Research Topics
- Getting APA dissertation sample
- Searching for thesis assistance
- Writing company benefits
- Completing a paper on literature
- Geography thesis literature section
- Tips for nursing students
- Crafting a thesis summary
- Writing a Ph.D. paper in economics
- Creating a history thesis
- Ordering a paper online
- Common Master's defense questions
- Introductory chapter example
- Completing a doctoral thesis
- What to know ordering a custom paper
- Selecting your writing company
- Signs of a good agency
- How to avoid fraudsters
- Creating a solid introduction
- Where to get a sample prospectus
- Dissertation acknowledgement example
- Great defense ideas
- Architecture dissertation proposal
- Philosophy dissertation abstract
- Tips to find a good writing agency
- Getting dissertation methodology example
- Finding assist with your paperwork
- Dissertation tips on psychology
- Getting example of literature review
- Usage of MBA dissertation proposal
- In search of dissertation sample
- How to get a dissertation proposal sample
- Dissertation paper about motivation
- Secondary data analysis
- How to organize citations
- Signs of a qualified writer
- How to do research efficiently
- Business paper samples
- APA formatting standards
- Writing a computer science paper
- How to create an appendix
- Completing a media studies thesis
- Where to find dedication examples
- Nursing abstract samples
- Writing a thesis prospectus
- Topics for Marketing
- Accounting dissertation subjects
- Ten dissertation topic ideas
- Tips for business dissertation
- Ideas for dissertation in psychology
- Psychological paper ideas
- Autism dissertation ideas
- Topics for paper in managemet
- Psychology dissertation suggestions
- Accounting and finance dissertation ideas
- Choosing topic on design
- Primary education paper ideas
- Sociology dissertation suggestions
- Qualitative dissertation ideas
- Dissertation ideas on banking and finance
- Topic ideas on public law
- Finance topics for university
- Medical law dissertation topics
- Jurisprudence dissertation titles
- Exclusive ideas on media
- Selecting HRM dissertation topics
- Construction research ideas
- Geography thesis topics
- International business titles
- Ideas for a paper on animal behavior
- Topics in computer science
- Microbiology title ideas
- Sample topics in social sciences
Top 20 Microbiology Dissertation Topics You Can Investigate
Microbiology is a dynamic subject that dissects the inner nature and behavior of flora and fauna organisms. It is currently gaining grounds even in forensic science. The degree of your grounding attests itself in the excellence with which you prepare your microbiology dissertation.
Picking according to taste
You can pick phyla or genera; based on your actual grasp of the filaments. You can delve into soils or crops; even the animals or plants. In fact, there are so many interesting inflections that you come across through minute scrutiny that your entire perspective about the organism changes.
You need to find acute resources for a worthy and comprehensive study. It will help if you gain perspective of different outputs. It will also help if you keep a cultured and cultivated mindset through the operation; especially during the Methodology. Your paper will appear more compact.
Here are 20 instructive microbiology topics for the convenience of your dissertation –
- Checking the polemic behavior of planktons and other minor sea floaters
- Dissecting the antioxidant properties of different types of berries
- Assessing the bacterial spread and impact in different climatic soils of India
- Scrutinizing the ingredients that yield best to fermentation
- Checking out the effects of Mad Cow Disease and how it could have been a case of permanent scare
- Creating a farm of different outgrowths that act in symbiosis for the welfare of the farm
- Analyzing the soils of frigid Siberia and how it still carries the stamina for outgrowths
- Analyzing poultry feeds and how it can cause wider repercussions in humans if not regulated
- Analyzing and repudiating some of the chemical cosmetics; a wise comparison with natural cosmetics
- Analyzing the antimicrobial nature of certain natural elements; e.g. tea tree oil
- Assessing the potential powerhouse performance of gingko balboa
- Assessing and analyzing potency and vitality of ram milk
- Assessing and analyzing cod oil and how it can dilute many diseases
- Analyzing the level of infection that leeches can cause to a human body
- Assessing how bacteria can cause real terror by adhering to materials we tend to ignore
- Evaluating the tension that Ebola has brought to the world
- Checking the functions and impact of tribulus terrestris
- Assessing the hormonal and enzyme secretions that a rat goes through in its lifespan
- Part that maize plays in ethnic brewing and why is it considered such an excellent fermentation agent
- Checking out the vitality and spread of some popular fungal infections
- How to publish a college dissertation
- Purchasing a thesis
- Making a dissertation in marketing
- Making paper very quickly
- Dissertation defense
- Assistance with dissertation
- Sample doctoral thesis proposal
- Getting free dissertation examples
- Expert dissertation writer
- APA dissertation proposal sample
- Finding a dissertation proposal template
- Dissertation title samples
- Dissertation layout sample
Experienced dissertation writers will assist you in writing perfect dissertation.
© Icram2014.com. All rights reserved. great opportunity to perfect your paper.
Recent Microbiology Research Topics for Undergraduates
If you are looking for recent, relevant microbiology research topics for undergraduates we have put together a collection of some of the newer research projects in this field.
As you already know, Microbiology is the study of microorganisms and as a field of study it has sub disciplines such as parasitology, virology, bacteriology etc.
For undergraduates looking to start their degree or diploma research in Microbiology you may have a focus area or not.
Check below list of Microbiology Project topics for Undergraduate students
Maybe you find a research topic that you can work on or use to derive a more relevant topic for yourself.
1. Antibiotics Susceptibility Pattern of Different Bacteria Associated With Wound Sepsis (A Case Study of University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital)
This work investigated the antibiotic susceptibility profile of bacterial associated with wound sepsis of patients attending University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Teaching Hospital. Wound swabs were collected from a total number of Hundred patients with different kinds of wound (surgical wound, burn, ulcers and pressure sores) and cultured, of which 72 samples showed bacterial growth.
2. Influence of Different Nitrogen Sources on Growth and Phb Production of Bacterial Isolates
Soil samples used for the study were collected from groundnut farm garden. The isolates were screened for PHB production using sudan III stain as well as submerged fermentation. Four (4) of the best PHB producing bacteria were selected for further study.
3. Phenotypic And Genotypic Characterisation Of Diarrhoeagenic Escherichia Coli Isolated From Children In Mukuru Informal Settlement, Nairobi County, Kenya
Diarrhoeal diseases in Kenya are among the five main causes of mortality in children younger than five years. Bacterial diarrhoea has been reported to account for up to 30 % of all cases of infantile diarrhoea.
4. Assessment And Characterization Of Rhizobacteria In Petroleum-Polluted Soil In Umuahia
Petroleum – polluted sites are disturbed ecosystem with scanty plants. Study was carried out in such sites to assess the area of its rhizobacterial status, particularly comparing that of the rhizospheres and non-rhizospheres in the site. The samples were suspended and serially diluted in physiological saline and inoculated on nutrient media by spread plates method.
5. Isolation And Identification of Microorganisms From Herbal Mixtures Sold at Enugu Metropolis
The safety, efficacy and quality of herbal mixtures have been an important concern for health authorities and health professional, especially now there is increase in the use of herbal mixtures. This study was aimed at isolation and identification of microorganisms from some liquid herbal mixtures sold in Enugu metropolis, South East of Nigeria
6. AntiMicrobial Effect of Persea Americana Avocado Pear Peel
In the for anti microbial effect the back peel of Persea americana (AVACADO) was investigated for activities . the study was to evaluate the antimicrobial efficacy of the crude ethanolic and aqueous extract of the peel of Persea americana against selected clinical isolates.
7. Physicochemical and Phytochemical Analysis of Honey and Shea Butter Samples and Their Antibacterial Effect on Staphylococcus aureus AND Klebsiella pneumoniae
This research work was carried out to examine the physicochemical and phytochemical constituents of honey and Shea butter samples respectively and their antibacterial effect on Staphylococcus aureus and Klebsiella pneumoniae .
8. Bactericidal Activities of Hibiscus Sabdarifa Leave Extract against enteric human pathogens
Microbiological tests revealed that Hibiscus sabdariffa plant extract has antibacterial properties thus verifying folklore medicine in the treatment of abscesses, bilious conditions, cough, dysuria and scurvy (Morton, 1987; Perry, 1980 Ross, 2003).
If you wish to search the database for more microbiology project topics you can follow the steps below;
- Go to the page for the List of Microbiology Project Topics
- Use the search bar (see image below) to enter the specific keywords or titles for the materials or topics you are looking for.
- Browse through the results and click on the ones you like to proceed to access them. You can always change/refine your keywords search to see new results for topics and materials.
9. Characterising Growth Behaviour of Yeast Strains Isolated from Mango Fruit in Carbon, Nitrogen and Stress Environments
The present experiment aims at investigating the growth behaviour of different yeast strains inselected carbon, nitrogen and stress environment to obtain strains with prospects for industrialapplication. Specifically, the study is set to: isolate yeast from decaying mango fruit anddetermine growth performance of yeast strains in different environments, carbon, nitrogen andstressors.
10. Antimicrobial Activities of Selected Plants (bitterleaf, utazi, and bitterkola leaf) Extracts against Fish Pathogenic Bacteria
Aquaculture has been a growing activity for the last 20 years worldwide and this impressive development has been attended by some practices potentially damaging to animal health. The bacterial infections are considered the major cause of mortality in aquaculture. Among the common fish pathogens, A. hydrophila and Y. ruckeri as gram-negative and S. agalactiae , L. garvieae and E. faecalis as grampositive bacteria cause infectious diseases.
11. Antibacterial Activity of Leaf Extract of Phyllantgus amarus agaice salmonella species Coursitive Agent of Typhoid Fever
The study was conducted to assess the antibacterial activity of Phyllanthus amarus (Schum and Thonn) extract against Salmonella typhi causative agent of typhoid fever at the laboratories of the Departments of Chemistry and Theoretical and Applied Biology of the College of Science, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi.
12. Microbiological Evaluation of Bacteria Species Isolated from Zobo and Kunnu Sold in Olabisi Onabanjo University
Zobo and Kunu drinks are non-alcoholic beverage that is widely produced and consumed in Nigeria.The beverage may possess health risk when contaminated due to method of preparation. Zobo and Kunu drinks were purchased from different sellers in Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye Ogun State.
13. Effects of Palm Oil Processing Waste on Soil
The microbiological and physicochemical characteristics of soil receiving palm oil processing waste (POPW) in Abraka were investigated. The effect of palm oil processing waste was tested on loamy, sandy and clay soils. The pour plate technique was used for the isolation of the organisms.
14. Studies on the Antibacterial Activity of Castor Oil Seed on Some Selected Bacteria
The castor plant is a robust perennial shrub of Euphorbiacaea family. The seeds are documented to have an antibacterial profile against some bacterial organisms such as Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Proteus vulgaris, and Streptococcus pyogenes.
15. Investigating The Presence Of Staphylococcus Aureus And Escherichia Coli In Dairy Products
Dairy products are various products derived from cow’s milk or that of other female mammals such as goat, sheep, yaks, horses, camel. Dairy products include yoghurt, nono (fermented cow’s milk, madara (unfermented cow’s milk, cheese, whey, condensed and evaporated milk.) (cultureforhealth, 2015).
16. Antifungal Effect of Garcinia Kola
The study determines the antifungal effects of aqueous, ethanolic and methanolic extracts of Garcinia kola on some selected fungal isolates and their phytochemical constituents. The antifungal sensitivity and Minimum Inhibitory Concentration (MIC) were determined by agar well diffusion and agar dilution methods, respectively using Sabouraud dextrose agar
17. A Comparative Study of the Antibacterial Activities of Medicated Soaps on Some Selected Bacteria from the Skin
Four medicated soaps (Ghana soap, Tetmosol, Beneks’, and Crusader) were investigated for their antibacterial activities against Staphylococcus aureus and Staphylococcus epidermis. A total number of thirty (30) students of Western Delta University, Oghara, Delta state, 15 males and 15 females were skin swabbed with sterile swab sticks. Identification of the bacterial species was by standard microbiological techniques
18. Cultivation of Pleurotus Pulmonarus on Sawdust
Pleurotus species are popularly known as oyster mushroom which are regarded as one of the edible mushroom of commercial important throughout the whole world. Utilization of this depends on the ability to secrete cellulolytic and hemilocellulolytic enzymes which can make use of wide spectrum of Agro industrial wastes for the growth and frutification. In this study potato dextrose agar was the only growth medium used to prepared the mycelia of P. pulmonarius.
19. Isolation and Identification of Micro Organisms Responsible for Spoilage of Dairy Product (Milk, Yoghurt and Locally Prepared Cheese)
Milk, Yoghurt and Cheese are highly valuable food which are readily digested and have high concentration of nutrients which have proved to be a heaven of microbes, studies were conducted on the isolation and identification of microbes [Fungi and Bacteria] on peak canned milk, yoghurt, locally prepared cheese and cheese water. It was revealed that yoghurt was devoid of microbes while milk, locally prepared cheese and cheese water harboured microbes.
20. Production of Amylase from Isolated micrococcus from Fermented Ugba
Ugba (Ukpaka) is the Ibo name of the fermented African Oilbean seeds (Pentaclethra macrophylla, Benth). It is a popular traditional food condiment in Nigeria especially among Ibo ethnic group generally. It is produced by natural (local) fermentation in homes as a small family business. It is an important and cheap source of protein for people whose staple foods are deficient in proteins.
Find more MICROBIOLOGY PROJECT TOPICS FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
2 thoughts on “ recent microbiology research topics for undergraduates ”.
I need Topics for postgraduates I need in virology
I need a topic in microbiology for a undergraduate project
Leave a Comment Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Notify me of follow-up comments by email.
Notify me of new posts by email.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed .
- Project Topics
- Project Topics Materials
- Project topics in education
- Accounting project topics
- Computer science project topics
- Project topics for mass communication
- Project topics for Marketing
- Project topics for business administration
- Project topics in economics
- REQUEST PROJECT
- HIRE A WRITER
Project By Departments
- Agric Engineering
- Banking And Finance
- Building Technology
- Business Administration
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Cooperative And Rural Development
- Cooperative Economics
- Design And Technology
- Electrical Electronic Engineering
- Entrepreneurial And Business Management
- Estate Management
- Fine And Applied Arts
- Food Technology
- Health Science And Technology
- Home And Rural Economics
- Hospitality Management And Technology
- Industrial Chemistry
- Industrial Relation and Personnel Management
- International And Diplomatic Studies
- Library And Information Science
- Mass Communication
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical And Health Science
- Nursing Science
- Office Technology and Management
- Political Science
- Printing Technology
- Public Administration
- Public Relations And Communication
- Purchasing And Supply
- Quantity Surveyor
- Science Lab Technology
- Secretarial Administration
- Staff Development And Distance Education
- Urban And Regional Planning
- Thesis and Dissertation
Free Microbiology Project Topics
Discover a wide range of Free Microbiology Project topics for your final year research paper. Choose from our extensive list of Microbiology project topics and download the materials instantly.
We offer prompt delivery of reliable and comprehensive Microbiology research materials listed on our website. Find complete and ready-made Microbiology project work for your academic needs.
Explore fresh Microbiology Project ideas or conduct a search for related projects using our convenient search box. Our collection caters to students pursuing ND, HND, BSc, MSc, PGD, and Phd degrees. Access our list of Microbiology Project topics in PDF and Word formats for easy reference.
1 . Isolation And Identification Of Microorganisms From Herbal Mixtures Sold At Enugu Metropolis
2 . antimicrobial efficacy of guava (pisdium guajava) and orange(citrussinensis) stems extract against streptococcus mutans and candida albicans, 3 . isolation and sensitivity of bacteria isolate from vaginal discharge to antibiotics, 4 . isolation and identification of microalgae from godfrey okoye university fish pond, 5 . antimicrobial efficacy of dialium guineense (“icheku”) and irvingia gabonensis(“ujiri”) against streptococcus mutans and candida albicans, 6 . isolation and identification of fungi from packaged and unpackaged powdered milk, corn flour and soybean flour, 7 . antimicrobial efficacy of commonly used disinfectants against escherichia coli and staphylococcus aureus, 8 . antimicrobial sensitivity pattern of urinary tract isolates from paraplegic and quadriplegic patients from national orthopaedic hospital, enugu, 9 . antimicrobial efficacy of guava (pisdium guajava) and orange( citrussinensis) stems extract against streptococcus mutans and candida albicans, 10 . public health significance of parasite eggs and cysts contamination on naira notes from food vendors in thinkers corner enugu state, 11 . production of bioethanol from molasses and effluent treatment of spent wash, 12 . phenotypic detection of extended spectrum beta lactamases producing organism among godfrey okoye university students, 13 . hepatitis c virus among pregnant womenpeople living with hivaids attending clinic at unth itukuozalla, 14 . the impact of organizational structure in effective management of nigerian organization (a study of nigerian brewery plc, enugu), 15 . susceptibilities of salmonella typhi and other bacterial pathogens to antibiotics and hot aqueous extract of hibiscus sabdariffa, 16 . prevalence and antimicrobial susceptibility of gram negative bacteria in the urine of caritas university students, 17 . parasitological examination of some ready to eat fruits sold at oye emene enugu state nigeria, 18 . isolation and identification of bacteria from food vendors and some vegetable available at ogbete market enugu., 19 . hepatitis c virus among pregnant womenpeople living with hivaids attending clinic at unth itukuozalla, 20 . effect of different carbon sources on the growth of antimicrobial producing bacillus species in citrillus vugaris..
Page 1 of 2
Be the First to Share On Social
LATEST PROJECT TOPICS
- Download Projects
- Bank Details
- Free Data/Airtime
- Terms and Condition
- Sim hosting
- Back to Top
Medical Research / Thesis / Dissertation
Medical research / thesis made easy...
Monday, 6 July 2015
Md microbiology thesis topics.
The only time rewriting articles becomes a violation of copyright infringement is if the person has copied the article verbatim. rewording site
- HIRE A WRITER
- AUTHORISED AGENCIES
MICROBIOLOGY PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS
Microbiology project topics and materials for undergraduate and post graduate students. research project paper, download seminar topics, proposals, titles, ideas and materials are available for dissertation, thesis and essay in microbiology department. find below the list of research project topics for ond, hnd, bsc, pgd, msc and phd microbiology students, pdf, doc., latest projects, causes, effects, and corrective measures for poor sanitary condition in certain secondary schools, assessment of teachers’ attitudes and ability to implement continual assessment, assessment for improved teaching and learning in the promotion of educational standard in selected..., an investigation on the impact of instructional reading materials on students’ academic achievement in..., an examination of secondary school students knowledge and attitude of climate change, departments.
- EDUCATION PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 3481
- ACCOUNTING PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 3454
- ENGLISH AND LINGUISTIC PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 2889
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 1235
- COMPUTER SCIENCE PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS FINAL YEAR 1104
- EDUCATION FOUNDATION GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING TOPICS AND MATERIALS 1039
- ZOOLOGY PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 1002
- ANIMAL SCIENCE PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 978
- MASS COMMUNICATION PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 931
- LAW PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 896
- ARTS EDUCATION PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 845
- BANKING AND FINANCE PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 719
- MARKETING PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 689
- PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 654
- AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 646
- POLITICAL SCIENCE PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 566
- ECONOMICS PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 450
- LIBRARY SCIENCE PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 444
- AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 432
- CIVIL ENGINEERING PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 426
- ENGLISH EDUCATION PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 421
- BIOCHEMISTRY PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 390
- ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 344
- SCIENCE LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 324
- ESTATE MANAGEMENT PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 298
- OFFICE TECHNOLOGY PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 288
- MANAGEMENT PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 288
- CO-OPERATIVE ECONOMICS PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 276
- PUBLIC HEALTH PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 276
- PURCHASING AND SUPPLY PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 267
- GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 240
- HISTORY AND INTERNATIONAL STUDIES PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 240
- NURSING PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 232
- MICROBIOLOGY PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 226
- ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 225
- STATISTICS PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 207
- HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 205
- VOCATIONAL AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 202
- CHEMICAL ENGINEERING PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 175
- SECRETARIAL ADMINISTRATION PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 167
- FOOD SCIENCE TECHNOLOGY PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 161
- SOCIOLOGY PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 159
- AGRICULTURAL ECONOMICS PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 158
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 152
- BUSINESS MANAGEMENT PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 150
- BIOLOGY PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 148
- PSYCHOLOGY PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 147
- ENTREPRENEURIAL PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 146
- URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 146
- INSURANCE PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 142
- SCIENCE EDUCATION PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 135
- BUILDING TECHNOLOGY PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 130
- GEOGRAPHY PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 127
- PHILOSOPHY PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 116
- HEALTH AND PHYSICAL EDUCATION PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 114
- CRIMINOLOGY PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 111
- COMPUTER ENGINEERING PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 110
- TAXATION PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 110
- CHEMISTRY PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 107
- TOURISM AND HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 105
- SMES AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 104
- QUANTITY SURVEYING PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 100
- HOME ECONOMICS PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 98
- BIBLICAL AND THEOLOGY PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 97
- GEOLOGY PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 97
- FINE ART PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 93
- EDUCATION FOUNDATION GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING 91
- FRENCH PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 76
- INDUSTRIAL CHEMISTRY PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 73
- OCCUPATION HEALTH AND SAFETY PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 70
- SOIL SCIENCE PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 69
- ARCHITECTURE PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 68
- THEATER ARTS PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 68
- FISHERY AND AQUACULTURE PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 67
- PHARMACY PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 66
- MARINE AND TRANSPORT MANAGEMENT PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 65
- HEALTH AND KINETICS PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 63
- OIL AND GAS PETROLEUM ENGINEERING PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 62
- PHYSICS PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 62
- HEALTH AND SEX EDUCATION PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 61
- PETROLEUM ENGINEERING PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 56
- RELIGIOUS AND CULTURAL STUDIES PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 56
- INTERNAL INSTITUTE OF JOURNALISM / RELATION / HISTORY AND DIPLOMACY PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 55
- AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 49
- BUSINESS EDUCATION PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 49
- INDUSTRIAL RELATION AND PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 49
- FOOD NUTRITION PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 48
- COMMERCE PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 47
- SCIENCE PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 43
- TERM PAPER 41
- ISLAMIC AND ARABIC PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 38
- CHILD AND BASIC EDUCATION PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 34
- AFRICAN LANGUAGES PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 32
- PRODUCTION AND OPERATION MANAGEMENT PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 30
- VETERINARY PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 30
- MATHEMATICS PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 29
- PEACE STUDIES AND CONFLICT RESOLUTION PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 27
- BOTANY AND ECOLOGY PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 26
- GENERAL EDUCATION PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 25
- ASSIGNMENT 24
- SOCIAL STUDIES EDUCATION 24
- NAUTICAL SCIENCE PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 20
- FORESTRY WILD LIFE PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 17
- RADIATION PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 17
- PLANT SCIENCE PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 17
- CROP SCIENCE PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 16
- PHYSICS EDUCATION PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 16
- PHYSICAL SCIENCE PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 15
- ANATOMY PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 13
- CURRICULUM AND EDUCATION PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 13
- MUSIC PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 13
- MEDICAL BIOLOGY PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 13
- ACTUARIAL SCIENCE PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 12
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 10
- AGRICULTURAL AND BIORESOURCES ENGINEERING PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 10
- MEDICINE AND SURGERY PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 8
- SPORT PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 6
- BREWING SCIENCE PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 5
- FASHION DESIGN AND CLOTH/PRINT TECHNOLOGY PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 4
- GEOGRAPHY EDUCATION PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 4
- BIOTECHNOLOGY PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 3
- ARCHEOLOGY PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 2
- DENTISTRY PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 2
- BROADCATING UNDERGRADUATE PROJECT TOPICS, RESEARCH WORKS AND MATERIALS 2
- PROJECT TOPICS LIST 1
- INTEGRATED SCIENCE PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 1
- BANANA FLAVOURED 1
- PAEDIATRIC PROJECT TOPICS AND MATERIALS 0
- FEASIBILITY REPORT AND BUSINESS PLAN 0
All undertaking works, records and reports posted on this website, modishproject.com are the property/copyright of their individual proprietors. They are for research reference/direction purposes and the works are publicly supported. Do not present another person’s work as your own to maintain a strategic distance from counterfeiting its results. Use it as a guide and not to duplicate the work in exactly the same words (verbatim). modishproject.com is a vault of exploration works simply like academia.edu, researchgate.net, scribd.com, docsity.com, coursehero and numerous different stages where clients transfer works. The paid membership on modishproject.com is a method by which the site is kept up to help Open Education. In the event that you see your work posted here, and you need it to be eliminated/credited, it would be ideal if you call us on +2348053692035 or send us a mail along with the web address linked to the work, to [email protected]. We will answer to and honor each solicitation. Kindly note notification it might take up to 24 - 48 hours to handle your solicitation.