- USF Research
- USF Libraries
Digital Commons @ USF > College of Engineering > Mechanical Engineering > Theses and Dissertations
Mechanical Engineering Theses and Dissertations
Theses/dissertations from 2022 2022.
Health Effects of Oil Spills and Dispersal of Oil Droplets and Zooplankton by Langmuir Cells , Sanjib Gurung
Estimating the As-Placed Grout Volume of Auger Cast Piles , Tristen Mee
Hybrid RANS-LES Hemolytic Power Law Modeling of the FDA Blood Pump , Joseph Tarriela
Theses/Dissertations from 2021 2021
Dynamic Loading Directed Neural Stem Cell Differentiation , Abdullah Revaha Akdemir
An Investigation of Cross-links on Crystallization and Degradation in a Novel, PhotoCross-linkable Poly (Lactic Acid) System , Nicholas Baksh
A Framework to Aid Decision Making for Smart Manufacturing Technologies in Small-and Medium-Sized Enterprises , Purvee Bhatia
Formation of Gas Jets and Vortex Rings from Bursting Bubbles: Visualization, Kinematics, and Fluid Dynamics , Ali A. Dasouqi
Development of Carbon and Silicon Carbide Based Microelectrode Implantable Neural Interfaces , Chenyin Feng
Sulfate Optimization in the Cement-Slag Blended System Based on Calorimetry and Strength Studies , Mustafa Fincan
Interrelation of Thermal Stimulation with Haptic Perception, Emotion, and Memory , Mehdi Hojatmadani
Modeling the Ambient Conditions of a Manufacturing Environment Using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) , Yang Liu
Flow Visualization and Aerosol Characterization of Respiratory Jets Exhaled from a Mannequin Simulator , Sindhu Reddy Mutra
A Constitutive-Based Deep Learning Model for the Identification of Active Contraction Parameters of the Left Ventricular Myocardium , Igor Augusto Paschoalotte Nobrega
Sensible/Latent Hybrid Thermal Energy Storage for the Supercritical Carbon Dioxide Brayton Cycle , Kelly Osterman
Evaluating the Performance of Devices Engineering to Quantify the FARS Test , Harsh Patel
Event-Triggered Control Architectures for Scheduling Information Exchange in Uncertain and Multiagent Systems , Stefan Ristevski
Theses/Dissertations from 2020 2020
Experimental Investigation of Liquid Height Estimation and Simulation Verification of Bolt Tension Quantification Using Surface Acoustic Waves , Hani Alhazmi
Investigation of Navigation Systems for Size, Cost, and Mass Constrained Satellites , Omar Awad
Simulation and Verification of Phase Change Materials for Thermal Energy Storage , Marwan Mosubah Belaed
Control of a Human Arm Robotic Unit Using Augmented Reality and Optimized Kinematics , Carlo Canezo
Manipulation and Patterning of Mammalian Cells Using Vibrations and Acoustic Forces , Joel Cooper
Stable Adaptive Control Systems in the Presence of Unmodeled and Actuator Dynamics , Kadriye Merve Dogan
The Design and Development of a Wrist-Hand Orthosis , Amber Gatto
ROBOAT - Rescue Operations Bot Operating in All Terrains , Akshay Gulhane
Mitigation of Electromigration in Metal Interconnects Passivated by Ångstrom-Thin 2D Materials , Yunjo Jeong
Swimming of Pelagic Snails: Kinematics and Fluid Dynamics , Ferhat Karakas
Functional Gait Asymmetries Achieved Through Modeling and Understanding the Interaction of Multiple Gait Modulations , Fatemeh Rasouli
Distributed Control of Multiagent Systems under Heterogeneity , Selahattin Burak Sarsilmaz
Design and Implementation of Intuitive Human-robot Teleoperation Interfaces , Lei Wu
Laser Micropatterning Effects on Corrosion Resistance of Pure Magnesium Surfaces , Yahya Efe Yayoglu
Theses/Dissertations from 2019 2019
Synthesis and Characterization of Molybdenum Disulfide/Conducting Polymer Nanocomposite Materials for Supercapacitor Applications , Turki S. Alamro
Design of Shape-Morphing Structures Consisting of Bistable Compliant Mechanisms , Rami Alfattani
Low Temperature Multi Effects Desalination-Mechanical Vapor Compression Powered by Supercritical Organic Rankine Cycle , Eydhah Almatrafi
Experimental Results of a Model Reference Adaptive Control Approach on an Interconnected Uncertain Dynamical System , Kemberly Cespedes
Modeling of Buildings with Electrochromic Windows and Thermochromic Roofs , Hua-Ting Kao
Design and Testing of Experimental Langmuir Turbulence Facilities , Zongze Li
Solar Thermal Geothermal Hybrid System With a Bottoming Supercritical Organic Rankine Cycle , Francesca Moloney
Design and Testing of a Reciprocating Wind Harvester , Ahmet Topcuoglu
Distributed Spatiotemporal Control and Dynamic Information Fusion for Multiagent Systems , Dzung Minh Duc Tran
Controlled Wetting Using Ultrasonic Vibration , Matthew A. Trapuzzano
On Distributed Control of Multiagent Systems under Adverse Conditions , Emre Yildirim
Theses/Dissertations from 2018 2018
Synthesis and Characterization of Alpha-Hematite Nanomaterials for Water-Splitting Applications , Hussein Alrobei
Control of Uncertain Dynamical Systems with Spatial and Temporal Constraints , Ehsan Arabi
Simulation and Optimization of a Sheathless Size-Based Acoustic Particle Separator , Shivaraman Asoda
Simulation of Radiation Flux from Thermal Fluid in Origami Tubes , Robert R. Bebeau
Toward Verifiable Adaptive Control Systems: High-Performance and Robust Architectures , Benjamin Charles Gruenwald
Developing Motion Platform Dynamics for Studying Biomechanical Responses During Exercise for Human Spaceflight Applications , Kaitlin Lostroscio
Design and Testing of a Linear Compliant Mechanism with Adjustable Force Output , William Niemeier
Investigation of Thermal History in Large Area Projection Sintering, an Additive Manufacturing Technology , Justin Nussbaum
Acoustic Source Localization with a VTOL sUAV Deployable Module , Kory Olney
Defect Detection in Additive Manufacturing Utilizing Long Pulse Thermography , James Pierce
Design and Testing of a Passive Prosthetic Ankle Foot Optimized to Mimic an Able-Bodied Gait , Millicent Schlafly
Simulation of Turbulent Air Jet Impingement for Commercial Cooking Applications , Shantanu S. Shevade
Materials and Methods to Fabricate Porous Structures Using Additive Manufacturing Techniques , Mohsen Ziaee
Theses/Dissertations from 2017 2017
Large Area Sintering Test Platform Design and Preliminary Study on Cross Sectional Resolution , Christopher J. Gardiner
Enhanced Visible Light Photocatalytic Remediation of Organics in Water Using Zinc Oxide and Titanium Oxide Nanostructures , Srikanth Gunti
Heat Flux Modeling of Asymmetrically Heated and Cooled Thermal Stimuli , Matthew Hardy
Simulation of Hemiparetic Function Using a Knee Orthosis with Variable Impedance and a Proprioception Interference Apparatus , Christina-Anne Kathleen Lahiff
Synthesis, Characterization, and Application of Molybdenum Oxide Nanomaterials , Michael S. McCrory
Effects of Microstructure and Alloy Concentration on the Corrosion and Tribocorrosion Resistance of Al-Mn and WE43 Mg Alloys , Hesham Y. Saleh Mraied
Novel Transducer Calibration and Simulation Verification of Polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) Channels on Acoustic Microfluidic Devices , Scott T. Padilla
Force Compensation and Recreation Accuracy in Humans , Benjamin Rigsby
Experimental Evaluation of Cooling Effectiveness and Water Conservation in a Poultry House Using Flow Blurring ® Atomizers , Rafael M. Rodriguez
Media Velocity Considerations in Pleated Air Filtration , Frederik Carl Schousboe
Orthoplanar Spring Based Compliant Force/Torque Sensor for Robot Force Control , Jerry West
Experimental Study of High-Temperature Range Latent Heat Thermal Energy Storage , Chatura Wickramaratne
Theses/Dissertations from 2016 2016
Al/Ti Nanostructured Multilayers: from Mechanical, Tribological, to Corrosion Properties , Sina Izadi
Molybdenum Disulfide-Conducting Polymer Composite Structures for Electrochemical Biosensor Applications , Hongxiang Jia
Waterproofing Shape-Changing Mechanisms Using Origami Engineering; Also a Mechanical Property Evaluation Approach for Rapid Prototyping , Andrew Jason Katz
Hydrogen Effects on X80 Steel Mechanical Properties Measured by Tensile and Impact Testing , Xuan Li
Application and Analysis of Asymmetrical Hot and Cold Stimuli , Ahmad Manasrah
Droplet-based Mechanical Actuator Utilizing Electrowetting Effect , Qi Ni
Experimental and Computational Study on Fracture Mechanics of Multilayered Structures , Hai Thanh Tran
Designing the Haptic Interface for Morse Code , Michael Walker
Optimization and Characterization of Integrated Microfluidic Surface Acoustic Wave Sensors and Transducers , Tao Wang
Corrosion Characteristics of Magnesium under Varying Surface Roughness Conditions , Yahya Efe Yayoglu
Theses/Dissertations from 2015 2015
Carbon Dioxide (CO 2 ) Emissions, Human Energy, and Cultural Perceptions Associated with Traditional and Improved Methods of Shea Butter Processing in Ghana, West Africa , Emily Adams
Experimental Investigation of Encapsulated Phase Change Materials for Thermal Energy Storage , Tanvir E. Alam
Design Of Shape Morphing Structures Using Bistable Elements , Ahmad Alqasimi
Heat Transfer Analysis of Slot Jet Impingement onto Roughened Surfaces , Rashid Ali Alshatti
Systems Approach to Producing Electrospun Polyvinylidene Difluoride Fiber Webs with Controlled Fiber Structure and Functionality , Brian D. Bell
Self-Assembly Kinetics of Microscale Components: A Parametric Evaluation , Jose Miguel Carballo
Measuring Polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) Mechanical Properties Using Flat Punch Nanoindentation Focusing on Obtaining Full Contact , Federico De Paoli
A Numerical and Experimental Investigation of Flow Induced Noise In Hydraulic Counterbalance Valves , Mutasim Mohamed Elsheikh
An Experimental Study on Passive Dynamic Walking , Philip Andrew Hatzitheodorou
Use of Anaerobic Adhesive for Prevailing Torque Locking Feature on Threaded Product , Alan Hernandez
Viability of Bismuth as a Green Substitute for Lead in Jacketed .357 Magnum Revolver Bullets , Joel A. Jenkins
A Planar Pseudo-Rigid-Body Model for Cantilevers Experiencing Combined Endpoint Forces and Uniformly Distributed Loads Acting in Parallel , Philip James Logan
Kinematic Control of Redundant Mobile Manipulators , Mustafa Mashali
Passive Symmetry in Dynamic Systems and Walking , Haris Muratagic
Mechanical Properties of Laser-Sintered-Nylon Diamond Lattices , Clayton Neff
Design, Fabrication and Analysis of a Paver Machine Push Bar Mechanism , Mahendra Palnati
Synthesis, Characterization, and Electrochemical Properties of Polyaniline Thin Films , Soukaina Rami
A Technical and Economic Comparative Analysis of Sensible and Latent Heat Packed Bed Storage Systems for Concentrating Solar Thermal Power Plants , Jamie Trahan
Use of FDM Components for Ion Beam and Vacuum Applications , Eric Miguel Tridas
The Development of an Adaptive Driving Simulator , Sarah Marie Tudor
Dual 7-Degree-of-Freedom Robotic Arm Remote Teleoperation Using Haptic Devices , Yu-Cheng Wang
Ductility and Use of Titanium Alloy and Stainless Steel Aerospace Fasteners , Jarrod Talbott Whittaker
Theses/Dissertations from 2014 2014
Exergetic Life Cycle Assessment of Electrospun Polyvinylidene Fluoride Nanofibers , Salman Ali Abbasi
A 3-D Pseudo-Rigid-Body Model for Rectangular Cantilever Beams with an Arbitrary Force End-Load , Jairo Renato Chimento
- Email Notifications and RSS
- All Collections
- USF Faculty Publications
- Open Access Journals
- Conferences and Events
- Theses and Dissertations
- Textbooks Collection
- Rights Information
- Submit Research
Home | About | Help | My Account | Accessibility Statement | Diversity and Inclusion Statement | Language Statement
Home > Engineering > MIE > ME_THESES
Mechanical Engineering Masters Theses Collection
Theses from 2023 2023.
Wind-Wave Misalignment Effects on Multiline Anchor Systems for Floating Offshore Wind Turbines , Doron T. Rose, Mechanical Engineering
Theses from 2022 2022
A Simplified Fluid Dynamics Model of Ultrafiltration , Christopher Cardimino, Mechanical Engineering
Local Nanomechanical Variations of Cold-sprayed Tantalum Coatings , Dhrubajyoti Chowdhury, Mechanical Engineering
Aerodynamically Augmented Air-Hockey Pucks , Madhukar Prasad, Mechanical Engineering
Analysis of Low-Induction Rotors for Increased Power Production , Jack E. Rees, Mechanical Engineering
Application of the New IEC International Design Standard for Offshore Wind Turbines to a Reference Site in the Massachusetts Offshore Wind Energy Area , Samuel C. Roach, Mechanical Engineering
Applications of Thermal Energy Storage with Electrified Heating and Cooling , Erich Ryan, Mechanical Engineering
Theses from 2021 2021
Design and Testing of a Foundation Raised Oscillating Surge Wave Energy Converter , Jacob R. Davis, Mechanical Engineering
Wind Turbine Power Production Estimation for Better Financial Agreements , Shanon Fan, Mechanical Engineering
Finite Element Analysis of Impact and Cohesion of Cold Sprayed Particles onto Non-Planar Surfaces , Zhongkui Liu, Mechanical Engineering
Mechanical Design and Analysis: High-Precision Microcontact Printhead for Roll-to-Roll Printing of Flexible Electronics , Mehdi Riza, Mechanical Engineering
Jet Breakup Dynamics of Inkjet Printing Fluids , Kashyap Sundara Rajan, Mechanical Engineering
Ground Source Heat Pumps: Considerations for Large Facilities in Massachusetts , Eric Wagner, Mechanical Engineering
Theses from 2020 2020
Modeling of Electrical Grid Systems to Evaluate Sustainable Electricity Generation in Pakistan , Muhammad Mustafa Amjad, Mechanical Engineering
A Study on Latent Thermal Energy Storage (LTES) using Phase Change Materials (PCMs) 2020 , Ritvij Dixit, Mechanical Engineering
SunDown: Model-driven Per-Panel Solar Anomaly Detection for Residential Arrays , Menghong Feng, Mechanical Engineering
Nozzle Clogging Prevention and Analysis in Cold Spray , Alden Foelsche, Mechanical Engineering
Short Term Energy Forecasting for a Microgird Load using LSTM RNN , Akhil Soman, Mechanical Engineering
Optimization of Thermal Energy Storage Sizing Using Thermodynamic Analysis , Andrew Villanueva, Mechanical Engineering
Fabrication of Binder-Free Electrodes Based on Graphene Oxide with CNT for Decrease of Resistance , Di Zhang, Mechanical Engineering
Theses from 2019 2019
Computational Fluid Dynamics Models of Electromagnetic Levitation Experiments in Reduced Gravity , Gwendolyn Bracker, Mechanical Engineering
Forecasting the Cost of Electricity Generated by Offshore Wind Turbines , Timothy Costa, Mechanical Engineering
Optical-Fiber-Based Laser-Induced Cavitation for Dynamic Mechanical Characterization of Soft Materials , Qian Feng, Mechanical Engineering
On the Fuel Spray Applications of Multi-Phase Eulerian CFD Techniques , Gabriel Lev Jacobsohn, Mechanical Engineering
Topology Network Optimization of Facility Planning and Design Problems , Ravi Ratan Raj Monga, Mechanical Engineering
The Promise of VR Headsets: Validation of a Virtual Reality Headset-Based Driving Simulator for Measuring Drivers’ Hazard Anticipation Performance , Ganesh Pai Mangalore, Mechanical Engineering
Ammonia Production from a Non-Grid Connected Floating Offshore Wind-Farm: A System-Level Techno-Economic Review , Vismay V. Parmar, Mechanical Engineering
Calculation of Scalar Isosurface Area and Applications , Kedar Prashant Shete, Mechanical Engineering
Theses from 2018 2018
Electroplating of Copper on Tungsten Powder , Richard Berdos, Mechanical Engineering
A NUMERICAL FLUTTER PREDICTOR FOR 3D AIRFOILS USING THE ONERA DYNAMIC STALL MODEL , Pieter Boersma, Mechanical Engineering
Streamwise Flow-Induced Oscillations of Bluff Bodies - The Influence of Symmetry Breaking , Tyler Gurian, Mechanical Engineering
Thermal Radiation Measurement and Development of Tunable Plasmonic Thermal Emitter Using Strain-induced Buckling in Metallic Layers , Amir Kazemi-Moridani, Mechanical Engineering
Restructuring Controllers to Accommodate Plant Nonlinearities , Kushal Sahare, Mechanical Engineering
Application and Evaluation of Lighthouse Technology for Precision Motion Capture , Soumitra Sitole, Mechanical Engineering
High Strain Rate Dynamic Response of Aluminum 6061 Micro Particles at Elevated Temperatures and Varying Oxide Thicknesses of Substrate Surface , Carmine Taglienti, Mechanical Engineering
The Effects of Mechanical Loading and Tumor Factors on Osteocyte Dendrite Formation , Wenbo Wang, Mechanical Engineering
Microenvironment Regulates Fusion of Breast Cancer Cells , Peiran Zhu, Mechanical Engineering
Design for Sustainability through a Life Cycle Assessment Conceptual Framework Integrated within Product Lifecycle Management , Renpeng Zou, Mechanical Engineering
Theses from 2017 2017
Improving the Efficiency of Wind Farm Turbines using External Airfoils , Shujaut Bader, Mechanical Engineering
Evaluation Of Impedance Control On A Powered Hip Exoskeleton , Punith condoor, Mechanical Engineering
Experimental Study on Viscoelastic Fluid-Structure Interactions , Anita Anup Dey, Mechanical Engineering
BMI, Tumor Lesion and Probability of Femur Fracture: a Probabilistic Biomechanics Approach , Zhi Gao, Mechanical Engineering
A Magnetic Resonance Compatible Knee Extension Ergometer , Youssef Jaber, Mechanical Engineering
Non-Equispaced Fast Fourier Transforms in Turbulence Simulation , Aditya M. Kulkarni, Mechanical Engineering
INCORPORATING SEASONAL WIND RESOURCE AND ELECTRICITY PRICE DATA INTO WIND FARM MICROSITING , Timothy A. Pfeiffer, Mechanical Engineering
Effects of Malformed or Absent Valves to Lymphatic Fluid Transport and Lymphedema in Vivo in Mice , Akshay S. Pujari, Mechanical Engineering
Electroless Deposition & Electroplating of Nickel on Chromium-Nickel Carbide Powder , Jeffrey Rigali, Mechanical Engineering
Numerical Simulation of Multi-Phase Core-Shell Molten Metal Drop Oscillations , Kaushal Sumaria, Mechanical Engineering
Theses from 2016 2016
Cold Gas Dynamic Spray – Characterization of Polymeric Deposition , Trenton Bush, Mechanical Engineering
Intent Recognition Of Rotation Versus Translation Movements In Human-Robot Collaborative Manipulation Tasks , Vinh Q. Nguyen, Mechanical Engineering
A Soft Multiple-Degree of Freedom Load Cell Based on The Hall Effect , Qiandong Nie, Mechanical Engineering
A Haptic Surface Robot Interface for Large-Format Touchscreen Displays , Mark Price, Mechanical Engineering
Numerical Simulation of High Velocity Impact of a Single Polymer Particle during Cold Spray Deposition , Sagar P. Shah, Mechanical Engineering
Tunable Plasmonic Thermal Emitter Using Metal-Coated Elastomeric Structures , Robert Zando, Mechanical Engineering
Theses from 2015 2015
Thermodynamic Analysis of the Application of Thermal Energy Storage to a Combined Heat and Power Plant , Benjamin McDaniel, Mechanical Engineering
Towards a Semantic Knowledge Management Framework for Laminated Composites , Vivek Premkumar, Mechanical Engineering
A CONTINOUS ROTARY ACTUATION MECHANISM FOR A POWERED HIP EXOSKELETON , Matthew C. Ryder, Mechanical Engineering
Optimal Topological Arrangement of Queues in Closed Finite Queueing Networks , Lening Wang, Mechanical Engineering
Creating a New Model to Predict Cooling Tower Performance and Determining Energy Saving Opportunities through Economizer Operation , Pranav Yedatore Venkatesh, Mechanical Engineering
Theses from 2014 2014
New Generator Control Algorithms for Smart-Bladed Wind Turbines to Improve Power Capture in Below Rated Conditions , Bryce B. Aquino, Mechanical Engineering
UBOT-7: THE DESIGN OF A COMPLIANT DEXTEROUS MOBILE MANIPULATOR , Jonathan Cummings, Mechanical Engineering
Design and Control of a Two-Wheeled Robotic Walker , Airton R. da Silva Jr., Mechanical Engineering
Free Wake Potential Flow Vortex Wind Turbine Modeling: Advances in Parallel Processing and Integration of Ground Effects , Nathaniel B. Develder, Mechanical Engineering
Buckling of Particle-Laden Interfaces , Theo Dias Kassuga, Mechanical Engineering
Modeling Dynamic Stall for a Free Vortex Wake Model of a Floating Offshore Wind Turbine , Evan M. Gaertner, Mechanical Engineering
An Experimental Study of the C-Start of a Mechanical Fish , Benjamin Kandaswamy Chinna Thambi, Mechanical Engineering
Measurement and Verification - Retro-Commissioning of a LEED Gold Rated Building Through Means of an Energy Model: Are Aggressive Energy Simulation Models Reliable? , Justin M. Marmaras, Mechanical Engineering
Development of a Support Structure for Multi-Rotor Wind Turbines , Gaurav Murlidhar Mate, Mechanical Engineering
Towards Accessible, Usable Knowledge Frameworks in Engineering , Jeffrey Mcpherson, Mechanical Engineering
A Consistent Algorithm for Implementing the Space Conservation Law , Venkata Pavan Pillalamarri Narasimha Rao, Mechanical Engineering
Kinetics of Aluminization and Homogenization in Wrought H-X750 Nickel-Base Superalloy , Sean Reilly, Mechanical Engineering
Single-Phase Turbulent Enthalpy Transport , Bradley J. Shields, Mechanical Engineering
CFD Simulation of the Flow around NREL Phase VI Wind Turbine , Yang Song, Mechanical Engineering
Selection of Outputs for Distributed Parameter Systems by Identifiability Analysis in the Time-scale Domain , Teergele, Mechanical Engineering
The Optimization of Offshore Wind Turbine Towers Using Passive Tuned Mass Dampers , Onur Can Yilmaz, Mechanical Engineering
Design of a Passive Exoskeleton Spine , Haohan Zhang, Mechanical Engineering
TURBULENT TRANSITION IN ELECTROMAGNETICALLY LEVITATED LIQUID METAL DROPLETS , Jie Zhao, Mechanical Engineering
Theses from 2013 2013
Optimization of Mixing in a Simulated Biomass Bed Reactor with a Center Feeding Tube , Michael T. Blatnik, Mechanical Engineering
Continued Development of a Chilled Water System Analysis Tool for Energy Conservation Measures Evaluation , Ghanshyam Gaudani, Mechanical Engineering
Application of Finite Element Method in Protein Normal Mode Analysis , Chiung-fang Hsu, Mechanical Engineering
Asymmetric Blade Spar for Passive Aerodynamic Load Control , Charles Mcclelland, Mechanical Engineering
Background and Available Potential Energy in Numerical Simulations of a Boussinesq Fluid , Shreyas S. Panse, Mechanical Engineering
Techno-Economic Analysis of Hydrogen Fuel Cell Systems Used as an Electricity Storage Technology in a Wind Farm with Large Amounts of Intermittent Energy , Yash Sanghai, Mechanical Engineering
Multi Rotor Wind Turbine Design And Cost Scaling , Preeti Verma, Mechanical Engineering
Activity Intent Recognition of the Torso Based on Surface Electromyography and Inertial Measurement Units , Zhe Zhang, Mechanical Engineering
Theses from 2012 2012
Simulations of Non-Contact Creep in Regimes of Mixed Dominance , Maija Benitz, Mechanical Engineering
Techniques for Industrial Implementation of Emerging Semantic Technologies , Jay T. Breindel, Mechanical Engineering
Environmental Impacts Due to Fixed and Floating Offshore Wind Turbines , Micah K. Brewer, Mechanical Engineering
Physical Model of the Feeding Strike of the Mantis Shrimp , Suzanne M. Cox, Mechanical Engineering
Investigating the Relationship Between Material Property Axes and Strain Orientations in Cebus Apella Crania , Christine M. Dzialo, Mechanical Engineering
A Multi-Level Hierarchical Finite Element Model for Capillary Failure in Soft Tissue , Lu Huang, Mechanical Engineering
Finite Element Analysis of a Femur to Deconstruct the Design Paradox of Bone Curvature , Sameer Jade, Mechanical Engineering
Vortex-Induced Vibrations of an Inclined Cylinder in Flow , Anil B. Jain, Mechanical Engineering
Experimental Study of Stability Limits for Slender Wind Turbine Blades , Shruti Ladge, Mechanical Engineering
Semi-Active Damping for an Intelligent Adaptive Ankle Prosthesis , Andrew K. Lapre, Mechanical Engineering
A Finite Volume Approach For Cure Kinetics Simulation , Wei Ma, Mechanical Engineering
Effect of Slip on Flow Past Superhydrophobic Cylinders , Pranesh Muralidhar, Mechanical Engineering
High Speed Flow Simulation in Fuel Injector Nozzles , Sukanta Rakshit, Mechanical Engineering
A Nonlinear Model for Wind-Induced Oscillations of Trees , Lakshmi Narayanan Ramanujam, Mechanical Engineering
Vibration Reduction of Offshore Wind Turbines Using Tuned Liquid Column Dampers , Colin Roderick, Mechanical Engineering
- Notify me via email or RSS
- Login for Faculty Authors
- Faculty Author Gallery
- Expert Gallery
- University Libraries
- Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Webpage
- UMass Amherst
This page is sponsored by the University Libraries.
© 2009 University of Massachusetts Amherst • Site Policies
- How it works
How much will your dissertation cost?
Have an expert academic write your dissertation paper!
Get unlimited topic ideas and a dissertation plan for just £45.00
Order topics and plan
Get 1 free topic in your area of study with aim and justification
Yes I want the free topic
Engineering Dissertation Topics – Selected Industry-Oriented Topics
Published by Owen Ingram at January 2nd, 2023 , Revised On August 18, 2023
Engineering is one of the most rewarding careers for students. With solid research, investigation and analysis, engineering students dig deep through different engineering ideas throughout the length of their degree programmes.
All undergraduate, Master and Phd engineering students must complete a dissertation on a topic that adds some value to their area of study.
Engineering is a branch of science that deals with the design and creation of products, machines, systems, and processes. Engineering students are responsible for the overall implementation of engineering projects, i.e., the invention of new products or services, the design of new products and systems, development of new processes, materials, or methods.
Here are some of the many responsibilities of an engineer.
- Engineers design machines, buildings, and systems that help people do their jobs more quickly or efficiently.
- They determine ways to make devices safer, faster, or more efficient.
- Engineers create new technology to automate manual work and save time.
Engineering topics can be divided into different disciplines, such as civil, electrical, mechanical, and industrial. So without further delay, here are the engineering dissertation topics you have been looking for.
Engineering Dissertation Topics
Civil engineers design and oversee construction projects such as roads, bridges, hospitals, water treatment plants, and airports.
Civil Engineering Dissertation Topics
The following list of civil engineering dissertation topics will help you with your next dissertation essay.
- Bridges and Tunnels
- Environment and Climate Change
- Building Structure
- Planning and management in the construction industry
- Construction technology
- Sustainable construction materials
- Health, safety, and environment
- Building information modelling (BIM)
- Smart buildings
- Construction management and project management
- Sustainable design
Complete list of civil engineering dissertation topics
Electrical engineers design and develop complex electrical machines, electronic devices, and power systems. They also use their skills to solve problems in robotics, medical technology, computer engineering, and other technologies.
Electrical Engineering Dissertation Topics
There are many research topics in Electrical Engineering. Some of them are listed below:
- Electrical circuits and devices
- Electrical systems, devices, and components
- Electrical power engineering
- Power electronics and power generation
- Power transmission
- Power distribution
- Control and automation
- Transmission systems
- Signal processing and communications
- Electronic engineering system design
How Can Research Prospect Help?
Research Prospect writers can send several custom topic ideas to your email address. Once you have chosen a topic that suits your needs and interests, you can order for our dissertation outline service which will include a brief introduction to the topic, research questions , literature review , methodology , expected results , and conclusion . The dissertation outline will enable you to review the quality of our work before placing the order for our full dissertation writing service!
Mechanical engineers design and develop engines, cars, aeroplanes, and other machinery used in factories. They also help manufacturers improve product quality by creating processes that increase efficiency while reducing costs.
Mechanical engineering covers a wide range of topics, from the materials used in the design and construction of products to the analysis of complex systems and processes. The field is diverse, but some of the many fields of topics may include.
Mechanical Engineering Dissertation Topics
The following list includes some of the most common topics in mechanical engineering:
- Human factors and systems engineering
- Design for manufacturing
- Machine design and control
- Manufacturing systems
- Materials science, engineering, and technology
- Manufacturing process technology, product design, and development
- Engineered materials and structures
- Materials processing, fabrication, and inspection technologies
- Mechanics of materials (including solid mechanics)
- Thermodynamics and heat transfer in engineering systems
Complete list of mechanical engineering dissertation topics.
Industrial engineers work with manufacturing companies to improve efficiency by redesigning processes. An example to see how products move through production lines or how workers perform their jobs more effectively.
Industrial Engineering Dissertation Topics
- Sustainable development and its impact on the environment
- Design of products and services to meet the needs of the consumer
- Industrial safety and health management systems
- Energy-efficient products, processes, and buildings
- Sustainable production systems
- Environmental Management System (EMS) for manufacturing industries
- Intelligent materials, devices, and systems
- Managing natural resources in an environmentally responsible way
View chemical engineering dissertation topics here.
Computer engineers are concerned with all aspects of information technology, including hardware, software, and systems. Computer engineers analyze problems in computer science and apply their knowledge to design new processes and devices. They may specialize in areas such as artificial intelligence or embedded systems.
Computer Engineering Dissertation Topics
- Designing a system to provide an automated control system for an aircraft
- Computer organization, software engineering, and programming languages
- Design of a computer-based neural network controller for use in controlling an aircraft
- Creation of a computer program to simulate the operation of a molecule in a given chemical reaction
- Development of a real-time software package for the control of complex industrial machines
- Development of an intelligent software system for controlling large-scale industrial processes
Computer engineering dissertation topics complete list.
Order a Proposal
Worried about your dissertation proposal? Not sure where to start?
- Choose any deadline
- Plagiarism free
- Unlimited free amendments
- Free anti-plagiarism report
- Completed to match exact requirements
Metallurgy engineers are involved in designing and constructing equipment to extract metals from ores. They also develop processes for treating the ores to recover valuable metals and other materials sold at high prices because of their growing demands. Moreover, metallurgical engineers may specialize in producing steel by smelting iron ore or coal into pig iron (a low-grade form of steel). They may also work with other types of scarce metals in a limited quantity under the earth’s crust, such as aluminum or titanium.
Metallurgy Engineering Dissertation Topics
- The use of Nickel and Nickel Alloys in the Manufacturing Industry
- The Effect of Processing Techniques on the Properties of Ferrous Metals
- Corrosion Resistance of Stainless Steels
- Corrosion Behavior and Corrosion Inhibiting Mechanisms in Ferrous Metals
- Corrosion and Corrosion Resistance Control in Cast Iron and Steel Castings and Forgings
- Corrosion Control in High-Strength Low-Alloy Steels by Selective Annealing
- Corrosion Behavior in Stainless Steels Used for Structural Applications
- Mechanical Properties of Ferrous Metallics by Thermal Treatment and Chemical Modification Methods
Needless to say, engineering is a diverse field with a pool of opportunities for those looking to build a career in this booming field. If you’re still wondering which engineering topice is best for you, the choice will depend on your interests and abilities.
Therefore, it’s best to take some time and explore different options before choosing a topic Hopefully, the above engineering dissertation topics will help you write an appealing dissertation for your final year.
Free Dissertation Topic
Academic Level Select Academic Level Undergraduate Graduate PHD
Area of Research
Frequently Asked Questions
How to find dissertation topics about engineering.
For engineering dissertation topics:
- Research recent advancements.
- Identify industry challenges.
- Explore interdisciplinary areas.
- Consult experts and professors.
- Analyze practical applications.
- Select a topic aligning with your passion and career goals.
You May Also Like
Topics for maritime law dissertations include the legalities of ships and other issues in international waters. Due to the importance of global connections and links in this field, marine law.
Students will undoubtedly experience anxiety when working on their dissertations on educational management. It is a fact that a topic like this necessitates in-depth study, and the paper.
Here is a list of English 101 dissertation topics to help you choose the one studies anyone as per your requirements.
Ready to place an order?
Useful links, learning resources.
- How It Works
UKnowledge > College of Engineering > Mechanical Engineering > Theses & Dissertations
Theses and Dissertations--Mechanical Engineering
Theses/dissertations from 2023 2023.
Utilization of Uncrewed Aircraft Systems Towards Investigating the Structure of the Atmospheric Surface Layer , Loiy Al-Ghussain
MECHANICAL ENERGY HARVESTER FOR POWERING RFID SYSTEMS COMPONENTS: MODELING, ANALYSIS, OPTIMIZATION AND DESIGN , Alireza Babaei
Impact of spallation and internal radiation on fibrous ablative materials , Raghava Sai Chaitanya Davuluri
ANISOTROPIC MATERIAL BEHAVIOR OF 3D PRINTED FIBER COMPOSITES , Jordan Garcia
Attrition Study of Copper-Supplemented Iron-Based Oxygen Carrier for Chemical Looping Combustion , Neng Huang
MULTISCALE MODELING OF CARDIAC GROWTH AND BAROREFLEX CONTROL , Hossein Sharifi
Parallel Real Time RRT*: An RRT* Based Path Planning Process , David Yackzan
Theses/Dissertations from 2022 2022
IN-SITU CHARACTERIZATION OF SURFACE QUALITY IN γ-TiAl AEROSPACE ALLOY MACHINING , David Adeniji
NUMERICAL AND SCALING STUDY ON APPLICATION OF INKJET TECHNOLOGY TO AUTOMOTIVE COATING , Masoud Arabghahestani Dr.
EXPERIMENTAL INVESTIGATION OF ROUGHNESS AND BLOWING EFFECTS OVER ABLATOR-LIKE SURFACES , Colby Borchetta
Energy and Economic Modeling of Stillage Dewatering Processes in Kentucky Bourbon Distilleries , William Brennan
Peridynamic Material Correspondence Models: Bond-Associated and Higher-Order Formulations , WaiLam Chan
A Decoupled Engineering Methodology for Accurate Prediction of Ablative Surface Boundary Conditions in Thermal Protection Systems , Justin Cooper
QUANTITATIVE METHODS FOR TOTAL LIFECYCLE RISK LIKELIHOOD AND IMPACT ASSESSMENT IN SUSTAINABLE PRODUCT DESIGN DECISION MAKING , Christian Enyoghasi
Numerical Investigation of an Oxyacetylene Torch With Regards to an Ablative Material , Luke Fortner
Formation Control with Collision Avoidance for Fixed-Wing Unmanned Air Vehicles With Speed Constraints , Christopher Heintz
Radiative Conductivity Estimation Using Direct Approach For Fibrous Materials , Mohammad Khaleel
Modeling Human Control Behavior in Command-following Tasks , Sajad Koushkbaghi
Formation Control with Bounded Controls and Collision Avoidance: Theory and Application to Quadrotor Unmanned Air Vehicles , Zachary S. Lippay
Small-Satellite Attitude Control Using Sinusoidal Actuator Motion: Experiments on the International Space Station , K. Ryan Lush
Kentucky Re-entry Universal Payload System (KRUPS): Hypersonic Re-entry Flight , John Daniel Schmidt
The Effects of Reference-Command Preview on the Strategies that Humans Use in Command-Following Tasks , Amelia J. S. Sheffler
SHAPE MEMORY BEHAVIOR OF NiTiHf ALLOYS FABRICATED BY LASER POWDER BED FUSION , Guher Pelin Toker
EXPERIMENTAL COMPARISON OF TWO SAMPLED-DATA ADAPTIVE CONTROL ALGORITHMS FOR REJECTING SINUSOIDAL DISTURBANCES , William Grayson Woods
In-Situ Characterization of Burr Formation in Finish Machining of Inconel 718 , Hamzah M. Zannoun
Page 1 of 14
- Notify me via email or RSS
- Submit Research
Home | About | FAQ | My Account | Accessibility Statement
UCC University College Cork
Discipline of mechanical engineering, school of engineering innealtóireacht mheicniúil.
- Visited Pages
- Current Students
- Job Vacancies
- Programme and Course Descriptions
- International Office
- Adult Continuing Education
- Continuing Professional Development
- Transition-In Programme
- Scholarships and Prizes
- Graduate Attributes
- Incoming First Year Students
- Apply to UCC
- Upcoming Events in UCC
- Parents and Guardians Information
- About UCC Research
- Research Institutes and Centres
- UCC Research
- UCC Futures
- Research Expertise
- Sustainable Development Goals in UCC Research
- UCC in the world university rankings
- News and Views
- Leadership and Strategy
- Campus Life
- World's First Green Campus
- Cork City and Region
- UCC Arboretum
- Together with Community
- Academic Schools and Departments
- Support and Service Departments
- Work with UCC Students
- Recruit UCC Graduates
- Executive Education
- Centre for Continuing Professional Development
- Research and Innovation
- Entrepreneurship Resources
- Meet People
- Make an Impact
- Discover our Alumni
- Explore Benefits
- Register for UCC Alumni Online
- Make a Gift
You should be seeing some content in this space that is currently blocked due to cookie settings. Open the Cookie Management Tool to change your settings.
- Undergraduate Courses
- Course Details
- Frequently Asked Questions
- International Students
- Student Spotlight
- Research Postgraduate
- Research Areas
Save to Favourites
- Mechanical Engineering
- Taught Postgraduate
On this page
Mengsc (taught) dissertation topics.
Previous research projects undertaken as part of the MEngSc in Mechanical Engineering (Manufacturing, Process, and Automation Systems) have included:
- "Analysis of Product Variability in Fluidised Bed Drying"
- "Development and Testing of an Air Impingement Unit"
- "Defect Characterisation using Advanced Ultrasonic Techniques"
- "Motion of Particles on a Vibratory Conveyor as a Random Process"
- "Vent Performance to Prevent Vessel Implosion"
- "Accurate fluid flow metering using ultrasound"
- "Heat Transfer to a Food Product during Non-Homogeneous Cooling"
- "Integration of an X-Ray System into a Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV)"
- "Analysis of surface degradation on powder coated enclosure side panels"
- "Modeling of a Vibrating Conveyor"
- "Construction of a SCARA robot manufacturing cell"
- "Analysis of Particle Kinetics and Heat Transfer Variability in Fluidized Bed Processing"
- "Determination of the absolute stiffness of graphite golf shafts"
- "Experimental and Theoretical Analysis of the Motion of Particles on a Sliding Conveyor"
- "Position control of a vane motor"
- "Precision marking and cutting using a Nd:YAG laser"
- "A semi-active suspension system"
- "Computer simulation of micro-electro mechanical systems (MEMS)"
- "Temperature effects in ultrasonic fluid flow metering"
- "Analysis of the Residence Time Distribution in a Re-circulatory Fluidised Bed Processing Unit"
- "Design and analysis of self excited jets"
- "Centrifuge and dryer analysis for API production"
- "Development and Validation of a Model for Particle Kinetics in a Rotary Processor"
- "Manifold design and process automation for HBr/HCl charging"
- "Analysis of the Collapse of a Vessel due to an Internal Vacuum"
- "Air-coupled ultrasonic NDT of materials"
- "FE modelling of temperature distribution in metal machining"
- "PCB manufacture by CNC milling"
Discipline of Mechanical Engineering, School of Engineering
University College Cork, College Road,
- [email protected]
- +353 21 490 2923
Edinburgh Research Archive
- ERA Home
- Engineering, School of
Engineering thesis and dissertation collection
By Issue Date Authors Titles Subjects Publication Type Sponsor Supervisors
Search within this Collection:
Spad-based time-of-flight technologies for near-infrared spectroscopy , using machine learning to predict the ballistic response of structures to projectile impact , representation learning for generalisation in medical image analysis , understanding the effects of particle properties and particle-scale flow on suspension rheology , nanotechnology facilitated photothermal and photodynamic therapy for enhanced antibacterial treatment , production of novel taxane intermediates of anticancer drug taxol using microbial consortia , design of power converters with embedded energy storage for hybrid dc-ac applications , upscaling message passing algorithms , channel estimation and signal detection with model-driven deep learning for massive multiuser mimo-ofdm systems , nanotechnology for anticancer applications , developing active biomaterials for implantable devices: platforms to investigate capacitive charge based control of biofouling , investigating the effect of oil-infusion on the icephobicity of elastomer coatings , optimal approach to the design of experiments for the automatic characterisation of biosystems , physical and morphological studies of polymer blends: a multiscale investigation , electrospun nanofibre veils and carbon fibre-based veils for enhanced electrical conductivity of carbon fibre reinforced polymer composites , performance assessment of a prototype laboratory-scale converging acoustic doppler profiler velocimeter under varying geometrical configurations , cluster formation in fluids with competing interactions , smart e-skins and machine learning for soft robot perception , enhanced energy and spectrum efficiency in visible light communications , influences of topography and composition on hepatocytes within electrospun polycaprolactone scaffolds for liver tissue engineering .
Engineering Dissertation Topics
A dissertation (or a final year project report) is a comprehensive technical report of the research work carried out. A dissertation must present some new, original concepts that lead to further research. The core area of a dissertation consists of a hypothesis (or a research question) upon which an investigation is conducted and, in most cases, inevitably leads to further research. A dissertation must be focused, concise and must address the research topics at every level. Also, along with research, a dissertation is expected to present complete evidence of research work in the form of research methods. Sometimes it’s hard to even know where to start. Herein, many engineering research areas, currently being sought after in the industry and academia, are suggested, including electronics, sensors technology, environmental engineering, supply chain engineering, computer science engineering, electrical engineering and civil engineering, to help you start your research.
- Electronics and Communication Dissertation Topics
Sensors Technology Dissertation Topics
Environmental engineering dissertation topics, supply chain engineering dissertation topics, supply chain management dissertation topics, computer science engineering dissertation topics, electrical engineering dissertation topics, civil engineering dissertation topics, management related engineering dissertation topics, electronics and communications dissertation topics.
Over the past decade the rise of electronic communication has been revolutionised; it is the fastest growing technology. There are numerous areas of research in this field; however, the most demanding ones are highlighted below.
- Defining the boundaries of electrical signals for current electronics (communication) systems.
- The limitation of fibre optic communication systems and the possibility of further improving their efficiency.
- Developing the embedded communication system for the national grid to optimise energy usage.
- Improvement of inter-symbol interference in optical communications.
- A study of the various forms of errors and the development of an equalisation technique to reduce the error rates in data.
- Gaussian pulse analysis and the improvement of this pulse to reduce errors.
- Realising the potential of RFID in the improvement of supply chain.
- Radiation in integrated circuits and electronic devices.
- Design of high speed communication circuits that effectively cut down signal noise.
- Spectral sensing research for water monitoring applications and frontier science and technology for chemical, biological and radiological defence.
- Nano-structured membranes for preparative purifications of biopharmaceuticals.
The rise of smart technology has been revolutionising sensor technologies, and there is a high demand to make more efficient and compact sensors. The following topics are a few areas that researchers are currently working in to realise further potentials.
- Design and development of a pressure sensor for a solar thermal panel.
- An investigation into wind speed and direction sensors to optimise the operations of wind turbines.
- Utilising MEMS for profiling airflow around large building structures.
- Development of micro sensors to measure oil flow rate in tanks.
- Development and implementation of micro sensors to study pressure of the blood stream.
- Development of sensors to measure heat generated from solar panels.
- Sensing and controlling the intensity of light in LEDs.
- Research and computational simulation of a natural olfactory biosensor.
- Development of glucose biosensors using nanotechnology.
We are living in the age of technology where the driving force is to reduce the environmental impact of engineering products. Many countries have been undertaking projects supporting the environment and aiming to reduce carbon emissions. The following engineering dissertation topics are of utmost interest for researchers in the industry.
- Analysing the impact of aviation industry on the environment and the potential ways to reduce it.
- The environmental cost of the so called green energy, ‘wind energy’.
- An analysis of factors that hinder the realising of cutting-edge technology for reducing carbon emissions from automobiles.
- Design and development of a system for measuring the carbon index of an energy intensive company.
- Process improvement techniques to identify and remove waste in the automotive industry.
- Process mapping techniques to identify bottle necks for supply chain industry.
- A study of compressor operations on a forging site and mapping operations to identify and remove energy waste.
- Improving processes to reduce kWh usage and reduce inefficiencies.
- Developing a compact device to measure energy use for a household.
- In the forging industry how can changing burners within furnaces help organisations achieve energy efficiency?
- How can gas consumption be reduced and efficiency introduced to reduce kWh usage?
- How can voltage reduction devices help organisations achieve efficiency in electricity usage?
- What are carbon credits and how can organisations generate them?
- There are some organisations that use water excessively, with bills totalling more than £25,000. Identify the main reasons for such water usage and investigate better ways to introduce water efficiency and create savings.
- Identify the ways by which efficient control systems using information systems can be introduced to study the energy usage in a machining factory.
- A project to set up ways to measure natural gas flow ultrasonically and identify waste areas.
- How can water conductivity probes help determine water quality and how can water be reused?
Supply chain plays an important role in the manufacturing business sector. It is important that the supply chain is well supported by efficient methods and processes. Your engineering dissertation topics could be about:
- Highlighting the difference between the supply chain engineering and management for a company to improve output.
- Analysing the key factors in process planning and optimisation of supply chain for a manufacturing company.
- Developing a supply chain template for a small but thriving online business.
- How can organisations achieve success by reducing bottlenecks in supply chain?
- Just-in-time – is it really valid? Measurement of losses within just-in-time process implementation.
- How can process efficiency be introduced to reduce waste within the manufacturing process?
- Supplier relationship is an important factor for the success of just-in-time. How can organisations ensure successful transactions?
- Research to identify efficient logistics operations within a supply chain.
- Research to introduce efficiency within information systems and support timely transfer of knowledge and information.
- The effect of globalisation on supply chain engineering/management for large multi-national companies.
- Research studying the impact of culture on supply chain industries: identification of factors that generate inefficiencies with the supply chain.
Supply chain management involves the administration, management, control and supervision of the movement of goods and services from supplier to manufacturer to wholesaler to retailer and to the end consumer. Supply chain management involves coordinating and integrating these elements using an effective and efficient approach and methodology. Supply chain management is important for businesses to ensure there is minimum waste, drive innovation thereby creating integrated value chains. Supply chain management plays an important and central role in the success of a business. Please find a list of topics on supply chain management that may be useful for your engineering dissertation:
- A detailed investigation into the need and use of dynamic staff to determine and rectify supply chain problems with a specific focus on the construction industry.
- Research into eco-friendly and sustainable practices in supply chain management.
- Research to develop a learning organisation and its impact on supply chain management.
- Research to measure and develop intellectual capital within the supply chain industry.
- A detailed study of innovative forecasting and demand planning strategies for supply chain management
- Research study to create measurements to study the impact of learning organisation on performance measurement in supply chain industry
- Impact of training on knowledge performance index within supply chain industry.
- The behaviour of Carbon index with the implementation of a learning organisation.
- Developing a framework for supply chain management in densely populated urban cities
- Detailed investigation and analysis taking into account supply chain and logistical strategies for perishable goods.
- The influence and impact of emerging e-commerce technologies on supply chain management.
Computer science engineering focuses on the key elements of computer programming and networking with a focus on gaining knowledge of the design, implementation and management of information systems. Information systems play a major role in computer science engineering and an integral component to the successful operations of organisations. The management of information technology systems is a major element for organisations. The following could be used for an engineering dissertation as well as a computing dissertation:
- How can organisations ensure that information system is effectively used to maintain process efficiency?
- How can learning organisations influence the development of information systems?
- The role of risk management in information technology systems of organisations.
- Research to identify and reduce e-waste using information technology strategies and systems.
- Current status and research on E-waste in the United Kingdom
- Development of measurement systems to measure e-waste.
- A detailed review of the role of information technology in improving productivity and transforming organisations.
- An investigation into the use of information technology as a tool for sustained competitive advantage.
- A high-level investigation and detailed review into best practices for the implementation of information technology in modern day organisations.
Electrical engineering is focused on the design, development, testing, supervision and the manufacturing of electrical equipment. Electrical engineers design the electrical systems of automobiles, aircrafts, power generation equipment, communications systems, radar and navigational systems. The design and development of these electrical components are key and central to modern day life. There are several topics within this area that you could research for your electrical engineering dissertation:
- Development of a system to study the efficiency of motors in order to reduce kWh usage
- Setting up of a control system to monitor the process usage of compressors.
- Develop a scheme to normalise compressor output to kWh.
- Research to investigate, develop and introduce schemes to ensure efficient energy consumption by electrical machines.
- Research to study transformer losses and reduce energy loss.
- Research to study metering techniques to control and improve efficiency.
- Research to introduce smart metering concepts to ensure efficient use of electricity.
- Integration of smart metering pulsed outputs with wireless area networks and access real-time data.
- Developing effective strategies and methodical systems for pay as you go charging for electric vehicles
- A detailed review and investigation into the key issues and challenges facing rechargeable lithium batteries
- Trends and challenges in electric vehicles technologies
- Smart charging of electric vehicles on the motorway
The main emphasis of civil engineering in recent times is focused on sustainable development of quality, durable structures that deliver value for money, maximise the benefits from innovation and meets the specifications of the end users. Construction of sustainable houses has been a top priority within civil engineering. The following research topics are being actively undertaken and may be a good area for you to base your research on your own engineering dissertation:
- Development of sustainable homes making use of renewable energy sources.
- The use of sustainable materials for construction: design and delivery methods.
- The role of environmental assessment tools in sustainable construction
- The use of warm mix asphalt in road construction
- Research to study properties of concrete to achieve sustainability.
- Development of waste reduction strategy to achieve sustainable concepts
- High-level review of the barriers and drivers for sustainable buildings in developing countries
- Research to study the impact of sustainability concepts on organisational growth and development.
- Sustainable technologies for the building construction industry
- Building Information Modelling in the construction industry
- Research regarding micromechanics of granular materials.
- Research to study and develop water treatment processes.
- Research to set up remote sensing applications to assist in the development of sustainable construction techniques.
- High-level strategies, best practice guidelines and methodologies for sustainable construction.
- State of the art practice for recycling in the construction industry.
- Key factors and risk factors associated with the construction of high rise buildings.
- An investigation into health and safety in the construction industry.
Engineering management is the application of the practice of management to the practice of engineering. Engineering management integrates problem-solving, engineering, technological developments and advancements in organizational structure, administrative, and planning abilities of management in order to oversee the operational performance of complex engineering driven enterprises. These two topics go hand in hand and support each other quite well. It is important that both sides are well balanced. The following research topics could be useful for your engineering dissertation:
- Steps to conduct management of change to ensure smooth process improvement.
- Research to sustainably manage a project team.
- Research to study the management of engineering projects and various risks involved with them.
- Research to identify process improvement plans to support business strategies.
- Efficient supply chain management to ensure and develop key motivational skills within staff members.
- How leadership can help efficiency within a learning organisation.
- Developing an integrated approach to strategic management in organisations.
- Creating and sustaining competitive advantage in engineering organisations.
- Developing frameworks for sustainable assessments taking into account eco-engineering measures.
- The role of engineers in managing development in emerging countries.
Copyright © Ivory Research Co Ltd. All rights reserved. All forms of copying, distribution or reproduction are strictly prohibited and will be prosecuted to the Full Extent of Law.
You may also like
- Write my thesis
- Thesis writers
- Buy thesis papers
- Bachelor thesis
- Master's thesis
- Thesis editing services
- Thesis proofreading services
- Buy a thesis online
- Write my dissertation
- Dissertation proposal help
- Pay for dissertation
- Custom dissertation
- Dissertation help online
- Buy dissertation online
- Cheap dissertation
- Dissertation editing services
- Write my research paper
- Buy research paper online
- Pay for research paper
- Research paper help
- Order research paper
- Custom research paper
- Cheap research paper
- Research papers for sale
- Thesis subjects
- How It Works
110 Engineering Research Topics For Engineering Students!
Getting engineering topics for research or presentation is not an easy task. The reason is that the field of engineering is vast. Engineers seek to use scientific principles in the design and building of machines, structures, bridges, tunnels, etc.
Engineering as a discipline has a broad range of specialized fields such as chemical engineering, civil engineering, biomedical engineering, computer engineering, mechanical engineering, software engineering, and lots more! In all, engineering seeks to apply mathematics or science to solving problems.
110 Engineering Topic Ideas in Different Areas
Genetic engineering topics, mechanical engineering research topics, electrical engineering research topics, software engineering research topics, computer engineering research topics, biomedical engineering research topics, civil engineering topics, chemical engineering research topics, controversial engineering topics, aerospace engineering topics, industrial engineering topics, environmental engineering topics for research.
We understand how difficult and tiring it could be to get engineering research topics; hence this article contains a total of 110 interesting engineering topics covering all aspects of engineering. Ready to explore? Let’s begin right away!
Genetic engineering is the direct manipulation of the gene of an organism using biotechnology. Many controversies are surrounding this engineering field because of the fantastic potential feats it could achieve. Here are some genetic engineering topics that encompass essential areas of this field.
- Can the human personality be altered through genetic engineering?
- Genetic engineering: hope for children with intellectual disabilities?
- Genetic engineering: the problems and perspectives.
- Genetic engineering and the possibility of human cloning.
- Genetic Engineering
- The side effects of altering human personality
- Immortalizing humans through genetic engineering
- Addressing human deficiencies through genetic engineering
Mechanical engineering deals with the design and manufacture of physical or automated systems. These systems include power and energy systems, engines, compressors, kinematic chains, robotics, etc. Here are some impressive mechanical engineering topics that double as mechanical engineering thesis topics too.
- A study of the compressed air technology used in cars.
- The design of a motorized automatic wheelchair that can serve as a bed.
- The why and how of designing stronger and lighter automobiles.
- The design of an electronic-assisted hydraulic braking system.
- Basics of Electronics Engineering
- AC and DC motors and operations
- Design and implementation of wind energy
- Power lines and electricity distribution
- Electromagnetic field and its applications
- Generators and electric motors
Electrical engineering is a trendy and well-sought field that deals with the design and manufacture of different electrical and electronic systems. Electrical engineering encompasses power and electronics. The basic principle of digital technology and electricity are all given birth to in this field. From your lighting to computers and phones, everything runs based on electricity. Although finding topics in electrical engineering could be difficult, we have carefully selected four electrical engineering topics to give you a great head start in your research!
- A study on how temperature affects photovoltaic energy conversion.
- The impact of solar charging stations on the power system.
- Direct current power transmission and multiphase power transmission
- Analysis of the power quality of the micro grid-connected power grid.
- Solar power and inverters
- Alternator and electric magnetic induction
- AC to DC converters
- Operational amplifiers and their circuits.
Software engineering deals with the application of engineering approaches systematically to develop software. This discipline overlaps with computer science and management science and is also a part of overall systems engineering. Here are some software engineering topics for your research!
- The borderline between hardware and software in cloud computing.
- Essential computer languages of the future.
- Latest tendencies in augmented reality and virtual reality.
- How algorithms improve test automation.
- Essentials for designing a functional software
- Software designing and cyber security
- 5 computer languages that will stand the test of time.
- Getting software design right
- Effects of malware on software operation.
Computer engineering integrates essential knowledge from the subfields of computer science, software engineering, and electronic engineering to develop computer hardware and software. Computer engineering applies various concepts to build complex structural models. Besides, we have completed researches in the information technology field and prepare great it thesis topics for you. Here are some computer engineering topics to help you with your research.
- Biotechnology, medicine, and computer engineering.
- Programs for computer-aided design (cad) of drug models.
- More effective coding and information protection for multinational companies.
- Why we will need greater ram in modern-day computers.
- Analysis and computer-aided structure design
- Pre-stressed concrete structures and variations
- General computer analysis of structures
- Machine foundation and structural design
- Storage and industrial structures.
Biomedical engineering applies principles and design concepts from engineering to medicine and biology for diagnostic or therapeutic healthcare purposes. Here are some suggested biomedical engineering topics to carry out research on!
- A study on how robots are changing health care.
- Can human organs be replaced with implantable biomedical devices?
- The advancement of brain implants.
- The advancement of cell and tissue engineering for organ replacement.
- Is planting human organs in machines safe?
- Is it possible to plant biomedical devices insensitive to human organs?
- How can biomedicine enhance the functioning of the human brain?
- The pros and cons of organ replacement.
Civil engineering deals with the construction, design, and implementation of these designs into the physical space. It is also responsible for the preservation and maintenance of these constructions. Civil engineering spans projects like roads, buildings, bridges, airports, and sewage construction. Here are some civil engineering topics for your research!
- Designing buildings and structures that withstand the impact of seismic waves.
- Active noise control for buildings in very noisy places.
- The intricacies of designing a blast-resistant building.
- A compatible study of the effect of replacing cement with silica fume and fly ash.
- Comparative study on fiber-reinforced concrete and other methods of concrete reinforcement.
- Advanced construction techniques
- Concrete repair and Structural Strengthening
- Advanced earthquake resistant techniques
- Hazardous waste management
- Carbon fiber use in construction
- Structural dynamics and seismic site characterization
- Urban construction and design techniques
Chemical engineering transverses the operation and study of chemical compounds and their production. It also deals with the economic methods involved in converting raw chemicals to usable finished compounds. Chemical engineering applies subjects from various fields such as physics, chemistry, biology, and mathematics. It utilizes technology to carry out large-scale chemical processes. Here are some chemical engineering topics for you!
- Capable wastewater treatment processes and technology.
- Enhanced oil recovery with the aid of microorganisms.
- Designing nanoparticle drug delivery systems for cancer chemotherapy.
- Efficient extraction of hydrogen from the biomass.
- Separation processes and thermodynamics
- Heat, mass, and temperature
- Industrial chemistry
- Water splitting for hydrogen production
- Mining and minerals
- Hydrocarbon processes and compounds
- Microfluidics and Nanofluidics.
Not everyone agrees on the same thing. Here are some engineering ethics topics and controversial engineering topics you can explore.
- Are organic foods better than genetically modified foods?
- Should genetically modified foods be used to solve hunger crises?
- Self-driving cars: pros and cons.
- Is mechanical reproduction ethical?
- If robots and computers take over tasks, what will humans do?
- Are electric cars really worth it?
- Should human genetics be altered?
- Will artificial intelligence replace humans in reality?
Aerospace engineering deals with the design, formation, and maintenance of aircraft, spacecraft, etc. It studies flight safety, fuel consumption, etc. Here are some aerospace engineering topics for you.
- How the design of planes can help them weather the storms more efficiently.
- Current techniques on flight plan optimization.
- Methods of optimizing commercial aircraft trajectory
- Application of artificial intelligence to capacity-demand.
- Desalination of water
- Designing safe planes
- Mapping a new airline route
- Understanding the structural design of planes.
Petroleum engineering encompasses everything hydrocarbon. It is the engineering field related to the activities, methods, processes, and adoptions taken to manufacture hydrocarbons. Hydrocarbon examples include natural gas and crude oil which can be processed to more refined forms to give new petrochemical products.
- The effect of 3d printing on manufacturing processes.
- How to make designs that fit resources and budget constraints.
- The simulation and practice of emergency evacuation.
- Workers ergonomics in industrial design.
- Heat transfer process and material science
- Drilling engineering and well formation
- Material and energy flow computing
- Well log analysis and testing
- Natural gas research and industrial management
Manufacturing engineering is integral for the creation of materials and various tools. It has to do with the design, implementation, construction, and development of all the processes involved in product and material manufacture. Some useful production engineering topics are:
- Harnessing freshwater as a source of energy
- The design and development of carbon index measurement systems.
- Process improvement techniques for the identification and removal of waste in industries.
- An extensive study of biomedical waste management.
- Optimization of transportation cost in raw material management
- Improvement of facility layout using systematic planning
- Facilities planning and design
- Functional analysis and material modeling
- Product design and marketing
- Principles of metal formation and design.
So here we are! 110 engineering research paper topics in all major fields of engineering! Choose the ones you like best and feel free to contact our thesis writers for help. It’s time to save humanity!
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
- Staff directory
- About McGill
- Administration & Governance
- Alumni Resources
- Campus Life
- Employment Opportunities
- Faculties & Departments
- McGill in the Community
- Research & Innovation
- Teaching & Learning
- Human Resources
- Academic Personnel Office
- IT Services
- Financial Services
- Directory of Resources
- McGill Reporter
- Other Publications
- Programs & Courses
- Tuition & Fees
- Financial Aid
- Important Dates
- Career Planning
- Undergraduate Studies
- Graduate Studies
- Links & Services
- Prospective Students and Admissions
- Mechanical Engineering CEGEP Curricula
- Mechanical Engineering Out of Province Curricula
- Honours Mechanical Engineering Curricula
- Complementary Studies
- Complementary Technical Courses
- Design Concentration
- Aeronautical Concentration
- Undergraduate Labs
- Thesis Projects
- Design Projects
- Minors in Engineering
- Courses Offered
- Advising and Contact Information
Thesis Projects (last update May 22, 2023)
The Honours Thesis research projects listed below are available only to McGill Mechanical Engineering Undergraduate students in the Honours program and registered for MECH 403-404 courses .
If you are interested in one of the thesis projects, please send an expression of interest to the contact email provided. Although we do our best to keep this list up-to-date, some projects may no longer be available.
If you are a professor who would like to add or remove a thesis project, please complete the honours project posting form .
Projects for 2023-2024 school year:
Thesis project 2023-1.
Title: Development of a method for recycling fibreglass composite wind turbines Supervisor : Prof. Larry Lessard The term(s) to begin: Fall 2023 or Winter 2024 Brief description: There is growing concern about recycling of end-of-life composite materials. Waste fiber and other materials cannot be put into landfills so recycling methods must be developed. Used wind turbine blades can be recycled to recover the fibers and these fibers can be re-used to make materials for 3D printing. So this project aims to solve two simultaneous problems: that of growing amounts of waste and the need for stronger/more high tech materials for the growing 3D printing industry. The project involves experimental manufacturing based on composite materials theory. Contact e-mail : larry.lessard [at] mcgill.ca
Updated: May 2, 2023
Thesis Project 2023-2
Title: Multi-robot collaborative state estimation Supervisor : Prof. James Richard Forbes The term(s) to begin : Fall 2023, Winter 2024 Brief description : Autonomous vehicles, such as autonomous cars, trucks, and trains, must fuse various forms of sensor data together in order to ascertain their position, attitude, velocity, and angular velocity. Typical sensor data includes inertial measurement unit (IMU) data and some sort of position data, such as GPS data, or range data, such as optical camera, radar, or LIDAR data. In multi-robot systems, an individual robot can also utilize information from its neighbors by having the robots communicate their state estimates. However, the estimates of different robots are often correlated, and without properly modelling these cross-correlations, the performance of the estimator might be very poor. This project will then focus on modelling those cross-correlations for collaborative state estimation in multi-robot systems. The main task will involve the development and coding of a sigma point Kalman filter to enable multi-robot navigation; however, based on the student’s interests and background, alternatives to the sigma point Kalman filter could be considered. Students best fit for this project are those interested in using mathematical tools, such as linear algebra, numerical methods, probability theory, and numerical optimization, to solve problems found in robotics. Experience with Matlab and/or C programming is desired. Contact e-mail : james.richard.forbes [at] mcgill.ca
Thesis Project 2023-3
Title: Robot navigation Supervisor : Prof. James Richard Forbes The term(s) to begin : Fall 2023, Winter 2024 Brief description : Autonomous vehicles, such as autonomous cars, trucks, and trains, must fuse various forms of sensor data together in order to ascertain their position, attitude, velocity, and angular velocity. Typical sensor data includes inertial measurement unit (IMU) data and some sort of position data, such as GPS data, or range data, such as optical camera, radar, or LIDAR data. This project will focus on sensor fusion for robot navigation. The first task will be the development and coding of a matrix Lie group integrator, in the spirit of a Runge-Kutta integrator, but tailor to matrix Lie groups. The second task will be the development and coding of a cascaded sigma point Kalman filter to enable multi-agent navigation (i.e., navigation of many robots). Students best fit for this project are those interested in using mathematical tools, such as linear algebra, numerical methods, probability theory, and numerical optimization, to solve problems found in robotics. Experience with python and/or C++ programming is desired. Contact e-mail : james.richard.forbes [at] mcgill.ca
Posted: May 2, 2023
Thesis Project 2023-4
Title : Reconfigurable metamaterials for soft robotics Supervisor : Prof. Damiano Pasini The term(s) to begin : Fall 2023, Winter 2024 Brief description: Mechanical metamaterials are manmade materials, usually fashioned from repeating units, which are engineered to achieve extreme mechanical properties, often beyond those found in most natural materials. In this project, the student will use the lens of mechanics of materials to generate material concepts for soft robotics. Additive manufacturing techniques will be employed to fabricate prototypes and their performance will be examined through mechanical testing. Contact e-mail : damiano.pasini [at] mcgill.ca
Updated: May 9, 2023
Thesis Project 2023-5
Title : Nonlinear dynamics/vibrations of architected materials for aerospace applications Supervisor : Prof. Damiano Pasini and Prof. Mathias Legrand The term(s) to begin : Fall 2023, Winter 2024 Brief description: When launched in space, satellites need to endure an explosive upright boost that generates extremely large vibrations throughout their bodies. If uncontrolled, these vibrations end up spoiling the performance of their components with the risk of making them nonfunctional. In this project we study the nonlinear vibrations of a satellite component made of ultralight weight architected materials of unprecedented performance. The goal is to model its dynamic behaviour and understand the geometric factors that control its highly nonlinear response at the onset of a launch in space. The work involves a combination of theoretical and computational analysis. Contact e-mail : damiano.pasini [at] mcgill.ca
Thesis Project 2023-6
Title: Can you hear the shape of a robot? Supervisor : Prof. Audrey Sedal The term(s) to begin : Fall 2023, Winter 2024 Brief description : Unlike traditional robots, soft robots can take a variety of unusual 3D shapes. However, it is challenging to estimate the shape of a soft robot while it operates, which makes precise control difficult. Inspired by Mark Kac’s question, “Can one hear the shape of a drum?” Short answer: not all the time, due to the existence of isospectral manifolds. This project investigates fusion of acoustic sensing with other modes (e.g., cameras) to estimate the 3D shape of soft robots as they operate. You will build a variety of soft robot prototypes, develop sensing frameworks, and evaluate their performance. This project will involve fabrication, hardware development, programming, and a little bit of geometry.
Contact e-mail : audrey.sedal [at] mcgill.ca
Updated: May 22, 2023
Projects for 2018-2019 school year: may or may not be still available - you may use contact e-mails to find out.
Thesis project 2018-11.
Title: Dynamics of photon-driven lightsails for interstellar flight Supervisor : Prof. Andrew Higgins The term(s) to begin :Fall 2018, Winter 2019, Fall 2019 Brief description : The use of lasers to propel sails via direct photon pressure has the potential to achieve very high velocity spaceflight, greatly exceeding traditional chemical and electric propulsion sources, and enables the serious consideration of interstellar flight. However, the dynamics and stability of thin sails (lightsails) under intense laser illumination is an outstanding problem. This project will examine the dynamics of very thin membranes both theoretically and experimentally. The response of a lightsail to perturbation will be analyzed both analytically and via computer simulation. Use of gasdynamic loading techniques (shock tube) will enable the same driving load to be applied in the laboratory, but without the use of megawatt-class lasers. Experimental diagnostic techniques (photonic doppler velocimetry, 3-D digital image correlation) will be developed to study the lightsail dynamics that will eventually be applied to a laser-driven sail proof-of-concept facility. Personnel sought: Student should have a strong interest in advanced space exploration concepts, with general background in physical optics, numerical simulation, and experimental techniques. Skills involved: Experience with photography and high-speed data acquisition would be helpful. Completion of Mech 321 (Mechanics of Deformable Solids) and Mech 430 (Fluids 2) is required for the project. Contact e-mail : andrew.higgins [at] mcgill.ca
Posted: September 12, 2018
Thesis Project 2018-12
Title: Dynamic soaring on a shock wave Supervisor : Prof. Andrew Higgins The term(s) to begin :Fall 2018, Winter 2019, Fall 2019 Brief description : Dynamic soaring is a technique exploited by birds and sailplanes to increase their flight speed by exploiting differences in airspeed of different masses of air. This project will explore this approach by examining dynamic soaring of a hypersonic glider on a shock wave. In essence, the technique consists of “bouncing” back and forth from either side of a shock wave via a high lift-to-drag turn, increasing the net velocity of the glider. The ability to “surf” on a very strong blast wave (such as resulting from a thermonuclear blast or asteroid impact) from ground all the way to space will be explored. The use of the technique on shock waves that occur in interplanetary space (coronal mass ejections, etc.) that might enable spacecraft to be accelerated to very high velocities “for free” will also be explored. Personnel sought: Student should have a strong interest in advanced space exploration concepts and flight dynamics, with general background in numerical simulation. Skills involved: Completion of Mech 430 (Fluids 2) is required for the project. Contact e-mail : andrew.higgins [at] mcgill.ca
Thesis Project 2018-13
Title: Rapid transit within the solar system via directed energy: laser thermal vs. laser electric propulsion Supervisor : Prof. Andrew Higgins The term(s) to begin :Fall 2018, Winter 2019, Fall 2019 Brief description : Directed energy in the form of a ground or space-based laser providing power to a spacecraft is a disruptive technology that could enable a number of rapid-transit missions in the solar system and interstellar precursor missions. This project will compare two different approaches for a spacecraft to utilize beamed laser power: (1) laser thermal propulsion, wherein a laser is focused into a chamber to heat propellant that is expanded through a nozzle and (2) laser electric propulsion, wherein a laser directed onto a photovoltaic array generates electricity to power electric propulsion (ion engine, etc.). These two concepts will be compared for a number of missions of interest, as defined by NASA: (1) Earth orbit to Mars orbit in no more than 45 days and (2) Traversing a distance of 125 AU in no more than ten years. Personnel sought: Student should have a strong interest in advanced space exploration concepts, with general background in physical optics and numerical simulation. Skills involved: Prior exposure to spacecraft mission design (e.g., experience with Kerbal Space Program, etc.) would be helpful. Completion of Mech 430 (Fluids 2) and Mech 346 (Heat Transfer) is required for the project. Contact e-mail : andrew.higgins [at] mcgill.ca
Thesis Project 2018-14
Title: Impact of dust grain on lightsails for interstellar flight Supervisor : Prof. Andrew Higgins The term(s) to begin :Fall 2018, Winter 2019, Fall 2019 Brief description : Laser-driven lightsails are a promising technique for interstellar flight, however, sails will experience impacts of dust grains in the interplanetary and interstellar medium. The impact of a sub-micron grain can deposit as much as 1 J of energy into the sail when travelling at speeds necessary for interstellar flight. This project will examine the subsequent dynamics of the sail and the damage incurred. This problem will be modelled both analytically and numerically, and experiments will be performed in the lab with gas gun-launched particles onto candidate thin-film materials. Personnel sought: Student should have a strong interest in advanced space exploration concepts, with general background in materials and stress/strain, numerical simulation, and experimental techniques. Skills involved: Experience with ANSYS would be very enabling for the project. Experience with photography and high-speed data acquisition would be helpful. Completion of Mech 321 (Mechanics of Deformable Solids) is required for the project. Contact e-mail : andrew.higgins [at] mcgill.ca
Thesis Project 2018-15
Title: Percolation model for detonation in a system of discrete energy sources Supervisor : Prof. Andrew Higgins The term(s) to begin :Fall 2018, Winter 2019, Fall 2019 Brief description : Detonation waves propagating in combustible gas mixtures exhibit very complex dynamics, with transverse and longitudinal shock waves that sweep across the front. This project will attempt to model this process by treating detonation as an ensemble of interacting blast waves. Approximate, analytic solutions of blast waves will be used to treat the problem. Results will be interpreted with the assistance of percolation theory, a branch of statistical physics. Results will also be compared to reactive Euler simulations using supercomputing resources. Skills required: Strong coding skills (language of your choice) and awareness in advanced mathematics is of interest. Personnel sought: Completion of Mech 430 (Fluids 2) is required for this project. Interest in nonlinear physics and pattern formation in nature would provide helpful motivation for this project. Exposure to concepts in statistical physics (Ad. Thermo) is also desirable. Contact e-mail : andrew.higgins [at] mcgill.ca
Thesis Project 2018-16
Title: Pellet stream propulsion for interstellar flight Supervisor : Prof. Andrew Higgins The term(s) to begin :Fall 2018, Winter 2019, Fall 2019 Brief description : A promising approach to deep space propulsion that may enable interstellar flight is pellet stream propulsion, wherein high velocity pellets (with velocity exceeding that of the spacecraft) are used to impart momentum onto a spacecraft. Such a pellet stream may be able to be collimated and focused over much greater distances than a laser beam, making it an attractive alternative to laser-driven directed energy. This project will examine the ability of a charged particle to be steered and re-directed via a static magnetic field (e.g., quadrupole beam steering, etc.), both via computer simulation and experimental testing in the lab. The ability to steer a small (mm to cm scale) pellet via magnetic field of rare earth magnets at speeds of ~1 km/s would be a significant validation of the concept. Personnel sought: Student should have a strong interest in advanced space exploration concepts, with strong background in electromagnetism and physics. Interest in or familiarity with conventional, fundamental particle accelerators would be desirable. Skills involved: Basic coding skills (language of your choice) and numerical simulation is required. Experience with basic electronics and microcontrollers (Arduino, etc.) and 3-D printing would be very helpful for the project. Contact e-mail : andrew.higgins [at] mcgill.ca
Department and University Information
Department of mechanical engineering.
- Prospective Information & Curricula
- Program Information and Curricula
- Academic Advising Appointment
- Courses offered
- Faculty of Engineering
- Computer Store
- Program Information
- Financial Information
- Funding opportunities
- Graduate Student Handbook
- Graduate Supervisor
- Research Areas
- Career Planning Service
- Counselling Services
- Engineering career Centre
- Harassment, Sexual Harassment and Discrimination
- International Student Services
- McGill Engineering Student Centre
- McGill Engineering Undergraduate Society
- McGill in Mind
- Psychiatric Services
- Service Point
- Student Accounts
- Student Aid
- Student Health Services
- Student Housing
- Student Services
- Dissertation Writing Service
- Dissertation Assistance Service
- Dissertation Consulting Service
- Buy Dissertation
- Dissertation Abstract Writing Services
- Dissertation Formatting Service
- Buy Dissertation Methodology
- Dissertation Case Study Service
- Pay For Dissertation
- Dissertation Chapter Writing Services
- Dissertation Conclusion Services
- Dissertation Data Analysis Services
- Dissertation Discussion Writing Services
- Dissertation Introduction Writing Service
- Dissertation Outline Service
- Online Dissertation Help
- Write My Dissertation
- Do My Dissertation
- Help With Thesis Writing Service
- Dissertation Writing England
- Dissertation Writing Service London
- Dissertation Writing Northern Ireland
- Dissertation Writing Scotland
- Dissertation Writing Wales
- Personal Statement Writing Service
- Marketing Dissertation
- Digital Marketing Dissertation
- Law Dissertation Help
- Economics Dissertation
- Accounting Dissertation
- Business Management Dissertation
- Nursing Dissertation
- Psychology Dissertation
- Social Media Marketing Dissertation
- English Literature Dissertation Help
- Finance Dissertation
- History Dissertation
- HRM Dissertation
- IT Dissertation
- Linguistics Dissertation Help
- Supply Chain Management Dissertation Help
- Health And Social Care Dissertation
- Buy Master Dissertation
- MBA Dissertation Writing Service
- Buy PhD Dissertation
- Masters Dissertation Proposal Help
- MBA Dissertation Proposal Help
- PhD Data Collection Services
- PhD Dissertation Proposal Help
- PhD Qualitative Data Analysis Services
- Master Thesis Help
- PhD Thesis Writing Help
- PhD Dissertation Editing
- Finance Dissertation Editing
- Digital Marketing Dissertation Editing
- Accounting Dissertation Editing
- Sociology Dissertation Editing
- English Literature Dissertation Editing
- Economics Dissertation Editing
- Linguistics Dissertation Editing
- Business Management Dissertation Editing
- Psychology Dissertation Editing
- Marketing Dissertation Editing
- Academic Poster Designing Services
- Dissertation PowerPoint Presentation Service
- Dissertation Presentation Writing Services
- Literature Review Writing Service
- Primary Data Collection Service
- Qualitative Data Dissertation Services
- Research Data Collection Service
- Secondary Data Collection Help
- DISSERTATION SERVICES
- DISSERTATION SUBJECTS
- DISSERTATION LEVELS
- Buy MBA Dissertation
- PhD Dissertation Editing Services
Hire a Writer
Get an expert writer for your academic paper
Take a look at samples for quality assurance
- Dissertation Topics
Free customised dissertation topics for your assistance
- Mechanical Engineering Dissertation Topics
- Biomedical Science (1)
- computer science research topics (1)
- Criminology Research Topics (1)
- Accounting Dissertation Topics (8)
- Banking & Finance Dissertation Topics (10)
- Business Management Dissertation Topics (35)
- Economic Dissertation Topics (1)
- Education Dissertation Topics (12)
- Engineering Dissertation Topics (9)
- English Literature Dissertation Topics (3)
- HRM Dissertation Topics (3)
- Law Dissertation Topics (13)
- Marketing Dissertation Topics (9)
- Medical Dissertation Topics (7)
- Nursing Dissertation Topics (11)
- Other Topics (10)
- Supply Chain Dissertation Topics (2)
- Economics Research Topics (1)
- Google Scholar Research Topics (1)
- How To (22)
- HR Research Topics (1)
- Law Research Topics (1)
- Management Research Topics (1)
- Marketing Research Topics (1)
- MBA Research Topics (1)
- Medical Research Topics (1)
- Business Management Research Topics (1)
Get a native to improve your language & writing
Enjoy quality dissertation help on any topic
Qualitative & Quantitative data analysis
Spectacular Mechanical Engineering Dissertation Topics For Quick Approvals
Date published June 22 2020 by Jacob Miller
Get Free Customize Topics Now
Academic Level Undergraduate Masters PhD Others
Get Help On Your Dissertation
DissertationProposal.co.uk is offering expert assistance for university students at any level. Our dissertation writing service has been serving students since 2011.
Dissertations are not things of past, they have been present for a while now. But irrespective of it, students still struggle with them. The secret to cracking dissertation is to come up with a phenomenal topic for it first, the rest follows.
Here is a free list of some of the best engineering dissertation topics online, that you can pursue for your dissertation in mechanical engineering. We at “ Dissertation Proposal ” take pride in providing customized and the most remarkable engineering dissertation ideas to our customers. Virtue of our years of professional experience.
Table of Contents
How “Dissertation Proposal” Can Help You!
Our top dissertation writing experts are waiting 24/7 to assist you with your university project, from critical literature reviews to a complete masters dissertation.
List of Best Mechanical Engineering Dissertation Ideas From Our Vault
Our writers have mastered the art of coming up with the most relevant and up-to-date topics. Why don’t you take advantage of our 7+ years of experience?
Consult Our Writers to Discuss Your Needs
View different varieties of dissertation topics and samples on multiple subjects for every educational level
Good question, some of the things you need to keep in mind when coming up with some good engineering dissertation topics are:
- Not to use complete sentences as your topic, because then it looks like a statement. Also, it does not put a great first impression on the readers.
- Avoid using abbreviations in the topic. They can be a source of confusion, try to use the whole phrase. So that it is easy for everyone to understand.
- Do not include the main research question in the main topic. It gives away the element of curiosity and surprise.
- Using redundant and common vocabulary for the topic. The vocabulary should be simple yet attract attention and generate curiosity in the reader.
Taking care of these minute details is the reason why 200+ customers have chosen to avail our services.
A way you can make your engineering dissertation topics more attractive is by making them to be both compelling and informative.
By giving your topic a clever and flashy name that instantly captures the attention of readers and draws them in.
That reveals what your dissertation is truly about. The central idea behind your dissertation.
They should also include the some of the details relating to your research e.g. the method chosen, name of chemicals or materials etc.
We have a lot more tips and tricks like these up our sleeves, that makes us stand out from the rest of the competition.
There are number of online sources you can turn towards for further investigating the feasibility of your ideas, for example:
- Your university’s library database.
- Sci Central
- Cite Seer X
- Education resources education centre
- Microsoft academic research
We go the extra mile when it comes to facilitating our customers. This is the reason we even have access to paid subscriptions of some of the top research databases in the world. In order to provide the best results everytime.
In engineering dissertation, the methods section makes up approximately 20% of your total weightage.
There are a number of things you can include for example:
- The strategies carried out during the process.
- The reason for using those strategies.
- Whether your approach was qualitative, quantitative or both.
- The research instruments that were used in methodology.
- Your instruments for analysis of the data obtained.
- The overall procedure that was executed.
- Experiment involvements.
Only our team of highly skilled academic writers in UK have the expertise of including all of these pointers in the work they submit, which makes your work unique and stand out from the rest of the dissertations. So, reach out to us and make your lives easier.
Meet Our Professionals Ranging From Renowned Universities
Jacob Miller is known for his amazing dissertation formatting skills. She is the guru of dissertation writing and editing. Miller has a doctorate degree in Law and loves spending time with his law students.
- Submit Article
- Add Article
- Add Website
- Referral Program
- Terms and Conditions
Innovative Mechanical Engineering Dissertation Ideas
Mechanical engineering is a specialized field of engineering that deals with designing, working, erection, and machine maintenance. You can say that m...
Higher degrees in mechanical engineering are focus on a specialized sub-branch of mechanical engineering. At masters, Ph.D., and even bachelor’s levels, students are obligated to do research. Although mechanical engineering is a vast field, students can still find it challenging to develop impactful and innovative ideas for the dissertation.
An excellent way to find your research ideas is to review the latest literature being published in top mechanical engineering journals. Keep in mind that low impact factor journals might not have cutting edge research, so try to read high impact journals. You will get many dissertation topics examples by reading and reviewing high impact journals.
- Read and review the latest publications in Mechanical engineering.
- Consult with your professors and teachers
- Discuss your ideas with seniors and peers
- Read already done dissertations in your department (you can find them in the university library)
Create a list of topics and dissertation ideas examples in this practice. Once you have multiple ideas to work with, you can start analyzing each research topic's feasibility. Another useful resource to find out the latest happenings in mechanical engineering is the ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) newsletter.
Now let’s consider the latest dissertation topic examples that an aspiring candidate can use for his/her dissertation.
Mechanical engineering is a rapidly evolving field, especially with the increasing involvement of computers in control systems and operations; new technologies are surfacing every other day. Consider the following dissertation topic examples that you can use for your dissertation.
The following are the most popular research areas in the mechanical engineering field.
Aerodynamics is the study of how gases interact with the bodies in motion, and fluid mechanics deal with the fluid flow and interaction. Both fields have immense research opportunities. Consider the following topics for your research.
- Fly-by-wire control systems for aerodynamically unstable jet planes
- The immersed flow of irregularly shaped objects in turbulent flow streams
- The effect canard on reverse delta wings in jet-engine powered lightweight aircraft.
- Improving flow patterns in low-velocity gas turbines.
Biomechanics is an emerging field with loads of opportunities to innovate and help people around the globe. Biomechanics extensively uses machine learning tools along with traditional mechanics to create self-aware machines.
- Self-learning prosthetic limbs for physically impaired humans
- Biomechanical implants for heart patients
- Production of biomaterial for stent type implants
- Construction, evaluation, and automation of implants with biomaterials
- Production of self-repairing and self-adjustable stents for heart patients
- Nano-Bots for targeted drug delivery in animals
Another attractive and exciting field of research for mechanical engineers is the automobile industry. Automobiles include cars, trucks, trailers, and even railways. Dissertation topic examples in the automobile industry are
- Methods to reduce the turbulence in older carriages
- Improving the efficiency of hybrid cars by utilizing differential power delivery systems
- Car safety equipment design to reduce shock on the passenger body.
These dissertation topic examples can help you gain even more ideas, or you can use one of them. If you are struggling to find a compelling idea for research or need help, you can consider the best UK dissertation writing services . It is always wise to seek help and consider guidance if you feel stuck at any point in your research. Sometimes universities can also provide you a list of ideas to choose from, so keep yourself open to that too.
Source: Free Guest Posting Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
Article "tagged" as:
- Presenting your Dissertation Proposal
- OVERCOMING WRITER’S BLOCK AT THE DISSERTATION STAGE
- STAYING FOCUSED AND ORGANIZED: DISSERTATION STRATEGIES
- Tips for Choosing Dissertation Topics and Ideas
- Read how we can help you in identifying the best topic for a dissertation that’s worthy of an A++ gr
- Top-notch Dissertation by Experts
- High Quality Dissertation
- Don’t have topic yet for a dissertation?
- Learn How to get a Quality and Top-notch Dissertation by Experts.
- How to Write a High Quality Dissertation
Top in Category
- A Comparative Study of 2 Strategies namely Concept Mapping & Lecture Method on learning Concepts of Nobel Prize in Physics
- Reasons Education is Important in Life & Why David Bolno Focuses on Giving Back
- Analysis of Honda’s Leadership Style
- 92Career: Features, Pros & Cons, Cost and Alternative 
- Advantages and disadvantages of grading system
- What is the difference between gastronomy and culinary arts
- Does MBA covers points for PR in Australia?
- 4 Valuable Reasons for Students to Use Calculators
- Education Can Really Help Eradicate Poverty
- Education IRAs and Other IRA Accounts
- YouTubers do it on video: YouTube = skills = opportunity for educators.
- Writer Is A Spy
- Analysis of the Novel by Danticat
- About the Anime Gurren Lagann
- Grading Students with the Gap System and a Gradebook
- Writing Press Release That Effectively Generates Publicity
- Link Building Tricks With CommentLuv and KeywordLuv
- Why You Shouldn’t Fear Getting Dental Implants
- Qatar Travel & Culture
- Dynamic Dubai - A whole world in one city
- Stroke Awareness For Seniors
- How to Invite Someone to Yahoo Fantasy Football League?
- Press Release Script- Writing An Effective Press Release Takes A Little More Time And Effort
Also From This Author
5 Tips for Women to Wear Playsuits
The Best Mensonesie Options to Choose From
5 Things that will Help in Creating Perfectly Cozy Bedroom
- Browse Works
Research papers/topics in mechanical engineering, multi-function e-scarecrow (mfesc).
Humans have taken the (scarecrow) as a protector for these crops from the birds. There are various different types and designs for the scarecrows around the world. In this project we will develop the traditional scarecrows to become electronic and do more than one function at the same time (Multi-functions mechanism) .The (MFESC) consists of several components, the most important of them is the sensor, which performs many functions, including sensing the presence of birds’ sounds, as well a...
How Mechanical Engineering can Proffer Solution to the Economic and Political Situation in Nigeria
The process passed through in the production of marble through different species..
CASE STUDY: ONSHORE FRONTIER LIMITED ❖Marble ❖The process passed through in the production of marble times through different species. AND Machines and processes involved in the production of marble tiles.
Optimize the Operational Parameters through Simulation to Increase the Efficiency of Combined Cycle Power Plants
ABSTRACT Electric power generation is one of the important factors for the development of peoples and can take an advantage of energy extraction technology of combined cycle in Sudan, which is highly effective in the States instead of remote power generation and combined cycle power plant also be economically feasible for use in sugar refineries in Sudan. . The purpose of this study is to find the maximum efficiency and minimum cost of power generation in combined cycle power plant by simul...
Design Analysis of HCCI Engine Piston
The piston is a heart of the engine and its working condition is the most exceedingly bad one of the key parts of the engine in the workplace. A piston is a segment of responding piston, responding pumps, gas compressors and pneumatic chambers, among other comparative systems. It is the moving part that is contained by a barrel and is made gas-tight by piston rings. In a piston, its motivation is to exchange force from growing gas in the barrel to the crankshaft through a piston bar and addit...
Energy and Exergy Analysis of Boiler Systems
ABSTRACT In this work, the results of the analysis of the NBC boiler plant using energetic and exergetic methods are presented. The main aim of this study is to investigate the effects of boiler rotary burner cup speed, oil nozzle size, excess air and fuel types on its performance and emissions with a view to identifying and quantifying components having greatest losses of energy and exergy efficiencies. Optimization of the boiler operating system is also carried out. The specific objective...
Exergetic Efficiency of Passive Solar Air Heater with Phase Change Energy Storage Material
ABSTRACT Energy and exergy analysis of solar air heater with phase change material energy storage is considered in this research work. Energy and exergy models for component systems like flat plate solar collector and phase change material in one-dimensional heat conduction in a cylindrical pipe, for storing periods were obtained. Exergy analysis, which is based on the second law of thermodynamics, and energy analysis, which is based on first law, was applied to improve system efficiency. M...
Fracture Mechanics of Glass Fibre Reinforced Polyester Composites (Gfrp) Subjected to Impact Load
ABSTRACT Glass mat reinforcement, which can be easily shattered, is widely used across the world in military, automobile, civil, railway and electronic engineering among others. This research investigated the fracture mechanics of reinforced polyester composites on exposure to sudden impact force, using experimental and analytical methods based on impact and Linear Elastic Fracture Mechanics (LEFM) test procedures, to study the stress distribution around crack tip and zone. Plies of randomly...
Use of Finite Time Thermodynamic Simulation of Performance of an Otto Cycle with Variable Specific Heats of Working Fluid
Abstract A finite time thermodynamic modelling and simulation of irreversible Otto cycle engines has been developed taking into account the variability of specific heats for working fluid due to temperature variation. The effect of three different parameters on the engine was discussed, which are: the internal irreversibility, the heat losses and the friction losses. A program was developed by using MATLAB software to perform the necessary calculations of thermodynamic model. According to t...
Effect of Delay Period on Performance of Compression Engine Running on Jatropha Fuel
Abstract Jatropha Biodiesel was tested in a single cylinder direct-injection, water cooled diesel engine to investigate the operational parameters of a small capacity diesel engine under five engine loads, constant speed test. The jatropha oil is used as a non edible oil to produce the biodiesel. The investigated blends were B0, B25, B50, B75 and B100, where (B#) denotes bio-diesel fuel volume percentage in diesel oil. The jatropha biodiesel was prepared locally in Sudan, specifications of wh...
Design and Construction of a Machine for the Production of Pulverized Coal-Rice Husk Briquettes
ABSTRACT The first part was the design and construction of a machine model using wood and the second part w pulverized coal-rice husk briquettes. The dt find the different loads due to shear stress on varlous parts or the nlachlne as the materials flow during consolidation. The loads obtained were used to dimension gears, shafts and pulleys that form the power transmission system of the machine. The machine was then drawn to produce a detail dimensional model in software form using AutoCAD. A...
Optimum Buckling Response Model of Grp Composites
ABSTRACT Relevant literature for the modeling and analysis of failure of GRP composites were reviewed. Samples of GRP composites were prepared by hand-lay up. Composites samples were subjected to compressive tests using a tensometer. Mechanical characteristics, such as modulus of elasticity; compressive strength, proportionality limit, elastic limit and critical strain of composites were evaluated from compression tests results. It was found that the compressive strength of all the samples is...
Improvement of the Performance of Thermal Power Systems Through Energy and Exergy Analysis
ABSTRACT This research work is aimed at using the energy and exergy analysis with thermodynamic data to suggest improvements in the performance of steam and gas turbine power plants. In this regard, specific data from Egbin steam power plant and Geregu I gas turbine power plant were used for the analysis. In the analysis, scientific tools such as Engineering Equation Solver (EES) programme with built-in functions for most thermodynamic and transport properties was used to calculate the enthal...
Experimental Performance Evaluation of Charcoal-Stove
ABSTRACT An experimental evaluation of the performance of a charcoal stove designed to reduce human labour and health hazards associated with frying in open fire was carried out. The channel- type metallic stove was lagged with 2.54 mm thick glass wool. The charcoal grate is 160 mm from the floor and has 44 holes of 12 mm diameter each to serve as air holes and provide passage for ashes, drilled in it. The charcoal bed is 230 mm from the bottom of the pot and the channel gap is 8mm. A 300 mm ...
Machine learning techniques for quality control in manufacturing environment
v> In the present exceptionally serious worldwide market, winning expects close wonderful quality. Albeit most mature associations work their cycles at exceptionally low imperfections per million open doors, clients expect totally deformity free goad ucts. Thus, the brief location of interesting quality occasions has turned into an issue of fundamental significance and a chance for assembling organizations to push quality norms ahead. This article presents the educational experience ...
Mechanical Engineering is branch of engineering that deals with the design, construction, and use of machines Afribary curates list of academic papers and project topics in Mechanical Engineering. You can browse mechanical engineering project topics, mechanical engineering seminar topics, mechanical engineering thesis, Assignments, Termpapers etc
Design & construction of hammer mill machine, design and construction of a mobile refrigerator, design and construction of a refrigerator, design and fabrication of an ice block making machine, construction of grain grinding machine, the design and fabrication of an electric popcorn frying machine, design and fabrication of a dust extractor, report on construction of nylon sealing and cutting machine., construction of an electrical stove with three-oven apartment, the design and fabrication of a iron shelling machine, the construction and fabrication of a candle moulding machine, design and implementation of simple scientific calculator., construction of packed distillation column, design and construction of motorised wheel barrow, fabrication of a polythiene bag sealing and cutting machine.
- Chat on WhatsApp
- Knowledge Base
Mechanical Engineering Projects
Get mechanical projects topics and ideas for study and research. NevonProjects provides the widest list of mechanical engineering projects topics to help students, researchers and engineers in their research and development. Also we have a great variety of pre made mechanical project kits using hydraulics, gears, energy generation systems for you to use in your projects. Our kits help enthusiasts, students and researchers build test new mechanical systems in no time. Our researchers constantly research on new topics and ideas to help students in their research on mechanical system designs.
Need Help Selecting a Topic ?
Get Free Guidance & Support Call/Watsapp: +91 7977325066
All Mechanical Projects
- 3 Speed Gearbox Mechanism
- Remote Controlled Mini Forklift
- Sand Filter & Separator Project
- Springless Car Suspension Using Bevel Gears
- Mini Solar Water Heater
- Electromagnetic Braking System
- Gearless Transmission Using Elbow Mechanism
- 5 Speed Gearbox Mechanism
- Design & Fabrication Of Mechanical Footstep Power Generator
- Mechanical Bird Flapping Mechanism
- Regenerative Braking System Project
- Motorized Power Steering Mechanism
- Four Wheel Steering Mechanism Project
- Theo Jansen Mechanism 4 Legs Spider Bot
- Automatic Motorized Bench Vise
- Hand Cranked Planetary Gearbox Mechanism
- Cam Shaft Mechanism DIY Ventilator
- Power Generator Forearms Machine
- Design and Fabrication of Automatic Pneumatic Ramming Machine
- Design and Fabrication of Emergency braking system in Four-Wheeler
- Design & Fabrication of V8 Engine
- Dual Axis Vehicle Steering Mechanism
- Leaf Spring Chassis for Construction Trucks
- Mini Mechanical Wire & Rod Cutter Machine
- Motorized Chain Mechanism Hacksaw
- Design and Fabrication of Bucket Conveyor
- DIY Automatic Screen Printing Machine
- Motorized Solar Scarecrow Bird Animal Repellent
- Chain Link Wire Mesh Making Machine
- DIY Scissor lift Shoes
- Manually operated Eco-friendly Road and Floor Dust Cleaning Machine
- Motorized Spring Assist Mashing Machine
- Reciprocating Motion using Inclined Disc Mechanism
- Inclined Cam Mechanism
- Pedal Operated Hacksaw
- Pedal Powered Electricity Generator Project
- Mini Conveyor Belt Mechanism
- Automatic Flipping Plate Mechanism
- Convex Surface Milling Machine
- Mechanical Pick & Place Mechanism
- Pedal Press Pneumatic Lifting Jack
- Reciprocating Auto Pneumatic Hacksaw
- Contactless Air Conveyor For Goods Movement
- Hydraulic Flood Protection System for Homes
- Automatic Blackboard / Whiteboard Cleaner System
- Automated Drain/Gutter Cleaner Project
- Automated 5Dof Robotic Arm Mechanism
- Automatic MotorBike Stand Slider
- Contactless Eddy Braking System
- Design & Fabrication of Motorized Scissor Jack
- 4 Slot Coin Operated Cola Vending Machine
- Auto Dough Maker Dough Kneading Machine
- Automatic Roti Puri Maker Motorized Press
- Wide Base 4 Wheel Steering Mechanism Chassis
- Variable Head Solar Grass Cutter Weed Trimmer
- 360 Degree Fire Protection System
- Silent Air Purifier & Humidifier
- Goods Transport Stair Climber Robot
- Pneumatic Sheet Metal Cutting Machine
- Single Motor Double Door Opener Mechanism
- Air Powered Car Project
- Automatic Wire Cutter And Stripper Machine
- Automatic Sugarcane Bud Cutter Machine
- Wind & Solar Mobile Charging Station
- Flamethrower & Extinguisher RC Robot
- Floating Sun Tracker Hydraulic Solar Panel
- Mini Hacksaw Powered By Beam Engine
- Head Tilt Controlled Wheelchair for Disabled
- RC Solar Lake Pool Cleaner Drone
- Advanced Mosquito Killer Machine
- Three Axis CNC Machine 1 Meter x 2 Meter
- Oil Skimmer RC Boat
- Electromagnetic Coil Gun 3 Stage
- Airport Baggage Diverter System using QR
- Automatic Coil Winding Machine
- Off Road Adventure Robot with Action Camera
- Waterproof Action Camera Drone
- Solar Panel Cleaning Robot
- DIY Food Shredder Compost Machine
- Indoor Farming Hydroponic Plant Grow Tent
- Rain Sensing Hands Free Umbrella Bag
- Egg Breaker & Yolk Separator Machine
- Automatic Self Folding Dining Table
- RC Underwater Exploration Drone
- SeaWave Power Generator With Solar
- Wall Climbing Glass Cleaner Robot
- Motorized Paper Shredder Machine
- Sustainable Fishing Drone Without Bycatch
- Portable Electric Power Tiller Machine
- IOT Syringe Infusion Pump
- Self Charging Solar Powered Drone
- Auto IV Pole with IV Bag Refill Alert
- Pesticide Sprayer & COVID Sanitization Drone
- Thermal Vision RC Robotic Tank
- Programmable Robotic Arm Using Arduino
- IOT Virtual Doctor Robot
- Medical Supplies Delivery Drone
- Dual Side Potato Fries Maker Machine
- Motorized 4 Way Hacksaw
- Mattress Deep Cleaning Machine
- Automatic Potato Peeling Machine
- IOT Weather Station Airship
- Fishing Drone
- Solar SeaWater Desalination Machine
- Portable 3 in 1 Car Washer & Wiper
- 360 Degree Flexible Drilling Machine
- Portable Air Compressor with Auto Cutoff
- Electric Adventure Tour Bike
- Pneumatic Metal Sheet Bending Machine
- Indoor Racing Drone with Action Camera
- DIY Tricopter Selfie Drone
- Mini Belt Grinder Project
- Rough Terrain 3 Wheel Electric Bike
- Hydraulic Sheet Metal Bending Machine
- Zero Friction Electromagnetic Braking System Project
- All Weather Rain Proof Hubless Ebike
- Motorized Windshield Car & Bus Wiper Mechanism
- Unique Hubless Ebike With Suspension
- Anti Riot Shield With Pepper Spray & Blinding
- 360° Aerial Surveillance UAV With IOT Camera
- Power Generation Using Electromagnetic Suspension
- 360° Filmmaking Drone For 4K HD Video
- Solar Outdoor Air Purifier & Air Quality Monitor
- Fire Extinguisher & Fire Fighting Drone
- Football Shooter Soccer Ball Launcher Machine
- Pneumatic Drone Catcher | Net Thrower
- Semi Automatic Back Massager Machine
- Arm Mounted Hammer Drill Machine
- Pneumatic Arm Hammer Attachment With Nail Puller
- 360° Welding Cutting Rotary Turn Table Positioner
- Indoor Farming Hydroponic Plant Grow Chamber
- Mini Conveyor using Geneva Mechanism
- Portable PPE Kit Sterilizer Ozone + UV
- Thermal Screening Drone
- Skin Safe Human Sanitization Tunnel
- Automatic Noodle Making Machine
- Dual Mount Auto Sanitizer Dispenser
- Auto Motorized Crispy Dosa Maker Machine
- Auto Indoor Hydroponic Fodder Grow Chamber
- Autonomous Theft Proof Delivery Robot For Food & Ecommerce
- Social Distancing & Mask Monitor Drone
- DIY Oxygen Concentrator Generator For Covid 19
- DIY Ventilator using Arduino For Covid Pandemic
- Design and Fabrication of External Pipe Climbing Robot
- Anti-Riot Drone with Tear Gas
- PLC based Automatic Sorting System using Image processing
- Electricity Generator Tiles Project
- Pneumatic Power Steering System
- Stress Analysis on Spur Gear Using Ansys
- Pneumatic Vibratory Screw Feeder Bowl
- Pneumatic Powered Mini Vibratory Conveyor
- Electrical Power Generation from Foot Step using 555 Timer IC
- Design and Fabrication of Dual Side Shaper Machine Project
- Automatic Bead Ball Bearing Sorting Machine
- Drill Press Project
- Table Saw Project
- Solenoid Engine Project
- Unlimited Battery E bike using Solar & Wind Power
- Three-wheeled High-Powered Mountain Climber E-bike
- Expandable Transforming Ebike 1 to 3 Seater
- Automatic Knock Detector Pneumatic Door Opener Using Peizo
- DIY 5DOF Wireless Hand Motion Controlled Robotic Gripper Arm
- Automatic Waste Segregation System
- Power Saving System for Lathe
- Design and Manufacturing of Solar Powered Seed Sprayer Machine
- Design and Fabrication of Mini Groundnut & Peanut Shelling Machine
- Air Powered Mini Wall Climbing Robot Project
- Design and Fabrication of Pedal Powered Washing Machine
- Modelling and Fabrication of Abrasive Jet Machine
- Mini Hydraulic Hand Operated JCB Crane
- 20 Liter Jar Automatic Cleaning and Washing machine
- Design and Fabrication of Multipurpose Agricultural Machine
- Alcohol Detection with Go Kart Ignition Locking Project
- Design of Low-Cost Refrigeration System using LPG
- Kinetic Energy Recovery System using a Flywheel in Bicycle
- Car/Wheel Dollies using Hydraulic Ratchet Mechanism
- Pneumatic Reciprocating Power Hacksaw Machine Project
- Design and Fabrication of Pneumatic Bearing Puller Project
- Stirling Engine Project
- Battery Drive Motorized Agriculture Weeder
- Pneumatic Operated Double Hacksaw Project
- Automatic Pneumatic Hammer Machine Project
- Automatic Pneumatic Paper Cutting Machine Project
- Design and Fabrication of Pneumatic Vice Project
- Pneumatic Scissor Lift Jack Project
- Pneumatic Sand Filtering Project
- Pneumatic Paper Cup Making Machine Project
- Box Transport Mechanism Project
- 360-Degree Rotating Vehicle
- Gear Based Quick Return Mechanism
- Pneumatic Powered Metal Pick and Place Arm
- Robotic Vehicle using Ackermann Steering Mechanism
- Six Legged Spider Bot using Klann Mechanism
- Levitating Frictionless Vertical Windmill
- Power Generator Pulley Rowing Machine
- Staircase Climbing Trolley
- Manual Roller Bending Machine
- Bench Tapping Machine
- E Skateboard With Motion Sensing
- Motorized Smart Turning Mechanism
- Pneumatic Powered Wall Climbing Robot
- Coin Based Cola & Soda Vending Machine
- Motorized Scotch Yoke Mechanism Piston
- Mini Windmill Power Generation Project
- 3 DOF Hydraulic Extractor Mini JCB
- Steering Mechanism Vehicle With Joystick Control
- Bedini Wheel Using Electromagnetic Flux Generation
- Automatic Mechanical Garage Door Opener
- Automatic Paper Cutting Machine Using Geneva Mechanism
- Design & Fabrication of Automated Punching Machine
- 2 Wheel Drive Forklift For Industry Warehouses
- Design & Fabrication of Attachable Wheelchair Automator
- Automated Portable Hammering Machine
- Automatic Seed Sowing Robot
- Faulty Product Detection And Separation System
- Dual Motor Electric Go-Kart For Rough Terrain
- Automated Coconut Scraping Machine
- Automated Double Hacksaw Project
- Pedal Powered Water Purifier Project
- Pulley Based Movable Crane Robot
- Push Based Box Transport Mechanism
- Rough Terrain Beetle Robot
- Smart Solar Grass Cutter With Lawn Coverage
- Single Stage Gear Reducer Project
- Torque Generator Mechanism
- High Performance Hovercraft With Power Turning
- Motorized 2 Wheel Scooter Project
- Fire Fighter Robot With Night Vision Camera
- Long Range Spy Robot With Night Vision
- Long Range Spy Robot With Obstacle Detection
- Long Range Spy Robot With Metal Detection
- Remote Controlled Automobile Using Rf
- Remote Controlled Robotic Arm Using Rf
- Android Controlled Robotic Arm
- Hand Motion Controlled Robotic Arm
- Hand Motion Controlled Robotic Vehicle
- Rf Controlled Spy Robot With Night Vision Camera
- Hovercraft Controlled By Android
- Fully Automated Solar Grass Cutter Robot
- Remote Controlled Pick & Place Robotic Vehicle
- MC Based Line Follower Robot
- Agricultural Robot Project
- Fire Fighter Robot Project
- RF Controlled Robotic Vehicle
- RF Controlled Robotic Vehicle With Metal Detection Project
- Obstacle Avoider Robotic Vehicle
- Voice Controlled Robotic Vehicle
- Advanced Footstep Power Generation System
- Coin Based Water Dispenser System
Need Custom Made Mechanical Project / System ?
- Mechatronics Projects List
- Mechanical Mini Projects
- Mechanical Major Projects List
- Power Generation Projects
- Pneumatic Projects
- Mechanical Engineering Design Projects
Wagenseil named fellow of Biomedical Engineering Society
Jessica Wagenseil , a professor of mechanical engineering and materials science and vice dean for faculty advancement in the McKelvey School of Engineering at Washington University in St. Louis, has been elected a fellow of the Biomedical Engineering Society . She will be installed at the society’s annual conference in October.
A Washington University alumna, Wagenseil studies cardiovascular mechanics, focusing on cardiovascular development, extracellular matrix proteins and microstructurally based constitutive modeling. Her work is important for testing clinical interventions for elastin-related diseases and for designing better protocols for building tissue-engineered blood vessels.
Read more on the McKelvey School of Engineering website .
Comments and respectful dialogue are encouraged, but content will be moderated. Please, no personal attacks, obscenity or profanity, selling of commercial products, or endorsements of political candidates or positions. We reserve the right to remove any inappropriate comments. We also cannot address individual medical concerns or provide medical advice in this forum.
You Might Also Like
Latest from the Record
Parking shares fall update
Applications open for med school’s Executive Management Fellowship
Sam Fox School, AIA St. Louis announce ‘Care,’ 2023 Steedman competition
Maddox joins National Academy of Medicine’s digital health committee
Gomez honored for diversity work by Business Journal
Carlos A. Perez, MD, professor emeritus of radiation oncology, 88
Linda Repa-Eschen, business director, 72
Robert Morgan, former professor of engineering, 89
Physicist Henriksen to build quantum-scale sensors
Wiseman-Jones awarded Leakey Foundation grant
Chemists develop unique design for tough but stretchable gels
The View From Here
Who Knew WashU?
Who Knew WashU? 1.27.21
Who Knew WashU? 1.13.21
Who Knew WashU? 12.9.20
Mechanical Engineering projects, Dissertation topics, Thesis, Mechanical project report ideas , Mechanical engineering project list, Mechanical projects for final year students, Mech engg project topics, Mini projects, Major project mechanical engineering
Convection and Flow Boiling in Microgaps and Porous Foam Coolers
In this project we will discuss about Convection, Flow Boiling, and Porous Foam Coolers. We will also examine an open and foam-filled microgap cooler that offers direct liquid cooling for a simulated electronic/photonic component and eradicates the problematic thermal resistance of the commonly-used thermal interface material (TIM).
Model test of an efficient fish lock as an entrance to fish ladders at hydropower plants
In this project, we will test a model of an efficient fish lock as a possible entrance to fish ladders at hydropower plants. Migrating fish which swim upstream in rivers for reproduction have to get over barriers, for example hydropower plants. If
Development and validation of adaptive ride down safety systems
The work carried out in this project report can be split up into various categories, but the key plan ended up being to optimise the principle of energy absorption that was created in the Sirius course. If at all possible, the principle
3D biocomposites for automotive interior parts
The attention and development of composites utilizing natural fibers, targeted at automobile apps, continues to grow from a long-term sustainable point of view. A major motive for choosing natural fibers for new products is that the net contribution to the green house
ISOTHERMAL MECHANICAL AND THERMO-MECHANICAL DURABILITY CHARACTERIZATION OF SELECTED PB-FREE SOLDERS
Because of the hazards of Pb in the atmosphere as well as its affect on humans and marketing competition from Japanese electronics manufacturers, the transformation to Pb-free solders in the electronics market seems expected. As significant mechanical, thermal, and electrical interconnects involving
Conjugated Polymer Actuators
In this project we will explore ion transport in conjugated polymers. Research during this project was centered on subsequent topics: 1. Driving mechanisms (migration and diffusion) for ion transport. 2. Relationship between ions, charge, and volume change. 3. Link between experimental situations
Multi purpose heat store for a family house: modelling and simulation
Thermal storage has got a crucial part to play with regards to the use of energy in homes, because a considerable amount of energy could be saved. A combination of a district heating network, a solar collector plus a heat store may
Study of a Torque Limiter
This thesis is completed on request from Saab Avitronics. Saab Avitronics produces and creates electric actuators that are employed to handle the wing flaps on flying vessels, both for the civil- and military market. This specific project seeks to review a brand new kind of torque limiter which will be an integral part of an actuator. The primary task of the torque limiter is to detach the driving torque if the system goes to an undesirable stop.
Speaker that uses the non-linearity in air to create sound
The aim of this work was to investigate theoretically and experimentally the fact that it is possible to create sound by using the nonlinearity in air. A speaker was built verifying the theory that if at least two high frequencies at high
An Experimental Investigation on the Air Entrainment by Plunging Jets
The air entrained by the impact of jets ejected by plunging breakers was studied both theoretically and experimentally using laboratory plunging jets which are in horizontal relative motion with respect to the free surface. In order to investigate the influence of the